Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
People from Spain
Topic Started: Sep 14 2010, 07:41 PM (26,915 Views)
Euskal kubatarrak
Member Avatar
Vetton
Oct 11 2010, 07:59 PM
This is ridiculous. One guy post pictures of random Spaniards...and another guy says "ah, no, these people are not truly Spaniards, this is how a Spaniard must really look like" and then he select a picture of a concrete Spaniard. So, we have a lot of random Spaniards vs a concrete Spaniard and he insist that all (or most) spaniards look like the guy in the photo and not like all those guys/girls in the first pics... :err:

The question is not if fabregas is uncommon, for sure there are many people that look like him. The real question is, on average, how a Spaniard look like. And first photos are a good example. I think it is not that hard to understand.
Caudium
Oct 11 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but do these southern italians (mainly females) look like Saudis in comparison to the Spaniards?

It seems to be de rigueur in forums such as Anthroforum, ABF, and Anthrocivitas to say that southern Italians are Middle Easterners living in Europe, even when compared to Greeks and Iberians. And that eeeevverrryyyyyyyone in Europe are related as Europeans as one big happy family, except ONLY the southern Italians.

Posted Image

Posted Image
These girls look like proper souther europeans, IMO. I think that many people overexagerate the differences about northern vs southern italian people but then tend to minimize at the same time the differences between some groups and Arabs, north africans or middle easterners.

PD : i'm sorry i think, i clicked in the "report" button first, my bad :lol:
Yeah is kinda of funny how people try to tell you what a typical spaniard should look like. It happens to me all the time, people often doubt my Spanish ancestry, and even more my place of birth which is Cuba just because I have fair skin and light eyes. Apparently I don't fit the stereotype. :rolleyes:

Caudium my Italian Paisani it isn't just Southern Italians, there are literally people posting 24/7 trying to make ALL Spaniards MOORS, or ALL GREEKS SubSaharan Africans, and the same goes to the Southern Italians, and Sicilians have it even worse. The Portuguese well you know they are "Mulattoes" so why even bother saying that. :rolleyes: Is funny how people use the Adams et al(2008) study which has been disproven by many geneticist to try to link Spain to da Jooz, when in reality even if it was true, and Southern Italians, Spaniards-Castilians, or Greeks had a input from the Middle East(Levant) how bad would it be, after all Jesus himself who is thought to be God on Earth was born a Jew on the Middle East.

Anyways
Spanish. Pamplona, Navarra
Posted Image
Spanish. Sevilla, Andalusia
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Suevo
Member Avatar
memobekes
Oct 11 2010, 06:09 PM
Vetton
Oct 8 2010, 07:29 AM
memobekes
Oct 7 2010, 06:02 PM
I was about to write that the first lot of people did not represent the typical Spanish "phenotype" until you stated that they were from Navarre.

This region has a substantial amount of "fair" types; most Spaniards belong to the West Mediterranean race.
of course, if you can see "a substantial amount of fair types" then they can not be representative of the "typical" Spanish phenotype". :shakehead:

And of course you didnt read that
Quote:

the first pics are in Navarra but from people of diffrent zone of Spain the second photos are from Madrid

I could tell you that they look plain spaniards, but, hey, i am only a spaniard, i don't know what i'm talking about. And i am tired of writing the same again and again... This is the never ending story :yawn:

PD: last photos have a very low quality.
I actually did read that passage you are referring to.

One can find many fair types among Spanish people but racially they are members (the majority so to speak) of the Iberian Mediterranean branch. I have attached some images of what I believe constitutes the typical Spaniard:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL, actually these are VERY uncommon spaniards, specially the first one. Nice try, troll.

If I saw the first one in the street I would think he is not spanish...talk about being typical.
You middle-easterns and your racial inferiority complex, you have to post pictures of uncommon spaniards and say they are common spaniards right ? Because you do know more about spaniards than spaniards themselves right ? Do you think we are stupid ? You mid-easterns need to troll every anthropologic forums right ? What a tool. If these are common spaniards I am a Papuan. The opening thread is full of spaniards.
Edited by Suevo, Oct 14 2010, 02:34 PM.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 02:06 PM
memobekes
Vetton

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

One can find many fair types among Spanish people but racially they are members (the majority so to speak) of the Iberian Mediterranean branch. I have attached some images of what I believe constitutes the typical Spaniard:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL, actually these are VERY uncommon spaniards, specially the first one. Nice try, troll.

If I saw the first one in the street I would think he is not spanish...talk about being typical.
You middle-easterns and your racial inferiority complex, you have to post pictures of uncommon spaniards and say they are common spaniards right ? Because you do know more about spaniards than spaniards themselves right ? Do you think we are stupid ? You mid-easterns need to troll every anthropologic forums right ? What a tool. If these are common spaniards I am a Papuan. The opening thread is full of spaniards.
dear suevo, you should refrain from using such unwelcome terms. i don't know what "Middle Easterners" you are referring to but i'm certainly not one of them. this is a scientific forum and we all have a right to make constructive criticism but let's not use any language which contravenes the rules and regulations stipulated here. no one here has any "complex".

to your point; i totally disagree that my posted images are "very uncommon spaniards". fabregas + asenjo + merida all represent the dominant ethnic strain of the Iberian lands - the Ibero-Insular race. and btw i don't "claim" to know more about spaniards than you. why should I? you are from spain, not me :)

for example, i am a kurd from turkey and when i went to spain last year (catalonia), other tourists were approaching me at the airport (as if i was a local) ;)

PortuguesePoster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
memobekes
Oct 14 2010, 03:02 PM
Suevo
memobekes

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dear suevo, you should refrain from using such unwelcome terms. i don't know what "Middle Easterners" you are referring to but i'm certainly not one of them. this is a scientific forum and we all have a right to make constructive criticism but let's not use any language which contravenes the rules and regulations stipulated here. no one here has any "complex".

to your point; i totally disagree that my posted images are "very uncommon spaniards". fabregas + asenjo + merida all represent the dominant ethnic strain of the Iberian lands - the Ibero-Insular race. and btw i don't "claim" to know more about spaniards than you. why should I? you are from spain, not me :)

for example, i am a kurd from turkey and when i went to spain last year (catalonia), other tourists were approaching me at the airport (as if i was a local) ;)
I thought Spanish looked like Swedes. Anyway, its the Portuguese that are truely middle eastern.
"Meds aren't really dusky wogs, they're just whites with more sunshine in 'em! :P "
faintsmile1992

"Nobody is too white for salsa music"
Gotlander

Suevo
Member Avatar
memobekes
Suevo
memobekes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whatver. I know your intentions. The first guy is a very uncommon look for a spaniards. And I am a spaniard I certainly know more than you. The opening post has average spaniards. Not the cherry picking that you do to compensate your problems. Regards.

orangepulp
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Caudium
Oct 11 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but do these southern italians (mainly females) look like Saudis in comparison to the Spaniards?

It seems to be de rigueur in forums such as Anthroforum, ABF, and Anthrocivitas to say that southern Italians are Middle Easterners living in Europe, even when compared to Greeks and Iberians. And that eeeevverrryyyyyyyone in Europe are related as Europeans as one big happy family, except ONLY the southern Italians.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Come on, Saudi!!! Southern Italians dont look Saudi at all but they do look levantine arab, in my opinion.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 04:27 PM
memobekes
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whatver. I know your intentions. The first guy is a very uncommon look for a spaniards. And I am a spaniard I certainly know more than you. The opening post has average spaniards. Not the cherry picking that you do to compensate your problems. Regards.
amigo, i am not "cherry picking" as you incorrectly put it. no, there are no "intentions" here. why do you have the difficulty to understand?

Suevo
Member Avatar
Come on, you guys are ridiculous. Southern Italians do not look like levantines at all. These are southern italians :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
memobekes
Oct 14 2010, 04:58 PM
Suevo
memobekes

Posted Image

Posted Image
amigo, i am not "cherry picking" as you incorrectly put it. no, there are no "intentions" here. why do you have the difficulty to understand?
I know your kind. In the opening post there are tons of pictures of normal spaniards, and you go on and decide how spaniards should look by posting 3 pics of uncommon spaniards, to compensate your mental problems because average spaniards are too european for your taste. Are you stupid ??
Edited by Suevo, Oct 14 2010, 05:05 PM.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 05:01 PM
Come on, you guys are ridiculous. Southern Italians do not look like levantines at all. These are southern italians :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
memobekes
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image
I know your kind. The opening post there are tons of pictures of normal spaniards, and you go on and decide how spaniards should look by posting 3 pics of uncommon spaniards to compensate your mental problems. Are you stupid ??
I attach more images of "everyday" Spaniards:

http://content.fathead.com/blog/torres.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by memobekes, Oct 14 2010, 05:10 PM.

Suevo
Member Avatar
Quote:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ok whatever. Im just telling you these spaniards you posted are not common. Believe what you want. If you are happing believing your own opininon, go for the self-deception. I see hundreds of spaniards every day.
Edited by Suevo, Oct 14 2010, 05:18 PM.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 05:15 PM
Ok whatever. Im just telling you the spaniards you posted are not common. Believe what you want. If you are happing believing your own opininon, go for it. I see hundreds of spaniards every day.
Did you see the latest bunch of images? I didn't "cherry pick" anything. Spain has many types and of course there are lots of "fair" types. I also have Spanish friends and I know their phenotype very well (not as good as you of course). Please don't think I am singling out anyone here - i respect all nations and cultures. This is a scientific platform. Sorry for that. All humans are brothers and sisters :)

Che
Member Avatar
Banned
Suevo
memobekes
Vetton

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So the last guy( who is actually AtlantoMed) is not typical for Spain

Suevo
Member Avatar
Che
Oct 14 2010, 05:21 PM
Suevo
memobekes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Out of the 3 guys, the last one is more common altough his eyes are weird. But there is NO WAY that the first one can be a 'typica spaniard' because it's the contrary, he has an exotic look for a spaniard.

Che
Member Avatar
Banned
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
memobekes
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image
I know your kind. In the opening post there are tons of pictures of normal spaniards, and you go on and decide how spaniards should look by posting 3 pics of uncommon spaniards, to compensate your mental problems because average spaniards are too european for your taste. Are you stupid ??
on one hand I understand your anger i don´t like this art also when I show for example hole citys or groups that there is somebody who comes with an selectiv picture and tries to tell me thats the typical guy of my People. But I don´t think that memokes tried to fool or troll around cause I don´t realy think that he is that false with Fabregas and the last guy (Fabregas grazil-AtlantoMed and the other Atlantomed) as typical Spaniard. He doesen´t claims that there aren´t lighter Spaniards he just says that this look is on average.
Edited by Che, Oct 14 2010, 05:28 PM.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 05:23 PM
Che
Oct 14 2010, 05:21 PM
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image
Out of the 3 guys, the last one is more common altough his eyes are weird. But there is NO WAY that the first one can be a 'typica spaniard' because it's the contrary, he has an exotic look for a spaniard.
I don't understand your point at all - does Fran Merida look so much different than Asenjo and Fabregas? If Merida is closer to the "average" type then surely Fabregas & Asenjo must fit this category too, right? What is so different about them? They are all similar phenotypically - Mediterranids. I just don't get your point whatsoever.

orangepulp
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
memobekes
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ok and they could pass for a levantine arab.
Havent you ever seen them?

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Che
Oct 14 2010, 05:26 PM
Suevo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
memobekes

Posted Image

Posted Image
on one hand I understand your anger i don´t like this art also when I show for example hole citys or groups that there is somebody who comes with an selectiv picture and tries to tell me thats the typical guy of my People. But I don´t think that memokes tried to fool or troll around cause I don´t realy think that he is that false with Fabregas and the last guy (Fabregas grazil-AtlantoMed and the other Atlantomed) as typical Spaniard. He doesen´t claims that there aren´t lighter Spaniards he just says that this look is on average.
heval thanks for realising my point :)

i don't understand why he is so bitter - i have not said one bad thing yet he continues to use such negative language.
if Fran Merida is (or closer) to the "typical" spanish look, then surely fabregas (who is Atlanto-Med) and Asenjo also fit this category, right? there is definitely a contradiction here.

Suevo
Member Avatar
Why it is so hard to accept the pictures of the opening post ? Because they are too european for your taste ?? Levantine my ass. These are average spaniards :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Suevo, Oct 14 2010, 05:42 PM.

memobekes
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 05:38 PM
Why it is so hard to accept the pictures of the opening post ? Because they are too european for your taste ??
"too European"? what's that supposed to mean? i never questioned the legitamacy of the opening images.

Could you answer my previous question please?

Che
Member Avatar
Banned
Suevo
Oct 14 2010, 05:38 PM
Why it is so hard to accept the pictures of the opening post ? Because they are too european for your taste ??
so Atlanto- and GrazilMeds are not European enough for you?
Why you don´t understand that he doesen´t said this types are uncommen among spaniards he just said the average is Westmed what isn´t that false I think? Also note the Students you have posted are on average Atlanto-Grazil Med and baskid with also dalic influence.
Edited by Che, Oct 14 2010, 05:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Photographic Supplement · Next Topic »
Add Reply