Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Black parents have white baby (not albino)
Topic Started: Jul 20 2010, 06:02 PM (4,947 Views)
Berserk
Advanced Member
Black parents white baby

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

THE stunned black dad of a newborn, WHITE, baby girl declared yesterday — "I'm sure she's my kid ... I just don't know why she's BLONDE."

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"

was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"

But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."

He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".

He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'

"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.

"But still, what on earth happened here?"

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.

"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."

Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.

"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her.She's a proud British Nigerian."

Queen Mary's Hospital said: "Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html

The babies features still look like the rest of the family so this is clearly a black baby with pale skin and blonde hair. Since it's not albino, the only other explanation is that this is a new mutation for light skin/hair. This is probably how pale skin started amongst Europeans; with a mutation like this happening amongst a small hunter/gatherer group and it spread due to it's usefulness in protecting against vitamin D deficiency in colder regions and it's novelty effect since people would have been amazed by such a person.
Edited by Berserk, Jul 20 2010, 06:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luipp
Be realistic that is presumably the intent but Europeans didnt mutate from blacks they adapted from middle eastern coloured people. Think about it. This girl hasnt just got one 'mutation' she has three: the white skin, the blonde hair and the straight hair. 99.999etc% of mutations are harmful. What on earth would the chances be of someone in a social enviroment of caucasion and caucasion influenced africa have of having three mutations that just happen to look european? It would be in the trillions. More likely - ruling out her mother cheating or a hospital mix up - both parents had straight haired blonde ancestors somewhere and this is just a one in a few billion chance.

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
She doesn't look that different to an albino from my point of view, only the straight hair stands out.

I don't think though this has anything to do with chance.
Edited by topos, Jul 20 2010, 07:04 PM.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
The child was probably created due to a sperm mix up, or the wife requested it without telling the husband or some random genetic mutation as the child looks borderline Albino or like a Morlock.

Nigeria has some Caucasoid ancestry, Fulbe from Nigeria are a good example, and then you have Cameroon right next door with their R1B as well. So surprised Sykes doesnt know that.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Berserk
Advanced Member
luipp
Jul 20 2010, 06:43 PM
Be realistic that is presumably the intent but Europeans didnt mutate from blacks they adapted from middle eastern coloured people. Think about it. This girl hasnt just got one 'mutation' she has three: the white skin, the blonde hair and the straight hair. 99.999etc% of mutations are harmful. What on earth would the chances be of someone in a social enviroment of caucasion and caucasion influenced africa have of having three mutations that just happen to look european? It would be in the trillions. More likely - ruling out her mother cheating or a hospital mix up - both parents had straight haired blonde ancestors somewhere and this is just a one in a few billion chance.
I never said that Europeans mutated from blacks. My point was that the skin color/hair color mutations probably happened in this manner. Also, the hair texture is not unusual as most black babies have that kind of hair when they are first born and it turns kinky as they age. I had similar hair when I was a baby and now I have an afro. Baby hair tends to be more straight and oily. Also, even if the mother requested a white mans sperm the baby wouldn't come out looking like that; it would come out looking like Barack Obama; a light skinned black looking person. This baby is super aryan. As the article mentions, even blonde white babies don't have hair like that most of the time; their blonde hair tends to be darker.
Crimson Guard
Jul 20 2010, 07:02 PM
The child was probably created due to a sperm mix up, or the wife requested it without telling the husband or some random genetic mutation as the child looks borderline Albino or like a Morlock.

Nigeria has some Caucasoid ancestry, Fulbe from Nigeria are a good example, and then you have Cameroon right next door with their R1B as well. So surprised Sykes doesnt know that.
Have you ever seen a biracial baby that looked that pale and blonde where the black parent was dark skinned? I can understand someone like Alicia Keyes having a baby that looks like that but the woman in the article doesn't look like she has much if any non-black ancestry.
topos
Jul 20 2010, 07:01 PM
She doesn't look that different to an albino from my point of view, only the straight hair stands out.

I don't think though this has anything to do with chance.
I agree. This isn't the result of caucasoid genes in the parents happening to meet up. Rather, this is a new mutation in my opinion. Is it absurd to believe that the mutation for lighter skin also went along with the mutations for blue eyes and blonde hair? A lack of melanin is responsible for all three things occurring.
Edited by Berserk, Jul 20 2010, 07:51 PM.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
This child is clearly a borderline Albino, a genetic mutation is the answer they're giving . So either that or some sorta sperm mix up. Anyhow the Caucasoid genes may be from way down their line, but they do exist in Berber and European Colonized SSA--remember Tishkoff?!

There was a similar story here of these Afro-Brazilians although their skin is more of the typical Albino(white) color:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/2263934/1/#new
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Berserk
Advanced Member
Crimson Guard
Jul 20 2010, 08:02 PM
This child is clearly a borderline Albino, a genetic mutation is the answer they're giving . So either that or some sorta sperm mix up. Anyhow the Caucasoid genes may be from way down their line, but they do exist in Berber and European Colonized SSA--remember Tishkoff?!

There was a similar story here of these Afro-Brazilians although their skin is more of the typical Albino(white) color:

There's no such thing as a borderline albino; either you are one or you aren't. I've been saying all along that this is likely caused by a genetic mutation. Mutations happen all the time in humans; but most of them don't cause visible changes. Every once in a while a genetic mutation which causes visible changes occurs. You don't think that out of the hundreds of millions of black people in this world, that one couple could manage to have a child with a genetic mutation that causes them to have lighter skin and hair?

luipp
Berserk
Jul 20 2010, 08:25 PM
Crimson Guard
Jul 20 2010, 08:02 PM

There's no such thing as a borderline albino; either you are one or you aren't. I've been saying all along that this is likely caused by a genetic mutation. Mutations happen all the time in humans; but most of them don't cause visible changes. Every once in a while a genetic mutation which causes visible changes occurs. You don't think that out of the hundreds of millions of black people in this world, that one couple could manage to have a child with a genetic mutation that causes them to have lighter skin and hair?
Its just more likely that if there were a mutation that it would be recessive or harmful and so likely to block a characteristic. So in this case the mutation wouldnt be to change a black phenotype but to make it recessive. If that were the only phenotype the child would be black still but if it had white ancestry too then that would come forward. Other mutations are very very unlikely.

samysamy25
they don't look like fully Congoid for the features , Nigerians are genetically so diverse and they have so much caucasian blood in them
Arabs And East African Sub-Saharan Ancestory

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzELv2mXVw[/youtube]

luipp
Baby blues are always the wildest!...even though they never stay.

Bryce
Member Avatar
Dr Farley Bryce, A.E.O.D.
Berserk
Jul 20 2010, 07:48 PM
Berserk

I never said that Europeans mutated from blacks. My point was that the skin color/hair color mutations probably happened in this manner. Also, the hair texture is not unusual as most black babies have that kind of hair when they are first born and it turns kinky as they age. I had similar hair when I was a baby and now I have an afro. Baby hair tends to be more straight and oily. Also, even if the mother requested a white mans sperm the baby wouldn't come out looking like that; it would come out looking like Barack Obama; a light skinned black looking person. This baby is super aryan. As the article mentions, even blonde white babies don't have hair like that most of the time; their blonde hair tends to be darker.
Heh heh… über-arisch? Berserk, I'm sure you know better than equating the Āryas with Nordics.
Anyway, hyper-Nordic individuals are really one locus away from albinism. It fits some people well to display skin, hair and eye depigmentation, but others are far comelier with darker hues.
Anáil naþrach, urð'vás beþöd, do'chiel díenvë.
Uttering the Charm of Making, wielding a star-stone of Mnar with the right hand and doing in turn the signs of Voor, Kish, Koth and of the Elder Gods with the left hand, makes time-travel possible. My star-stone was destroyed and the Old Lore's might has dwindled. Sad and dull is my life nowadays. Sundry sullen thoughts. Farley Bryce, Antiquus Esotericusque Ordo Dagonis.

Toiletman
fat megalomanic nerd
Not even to mention that this baby looks absolutely non-"aryan" if you just have a look at nose and head shape ;)
If you take anything in this forum overly serious, you should really go and see a doctor.

Berserk
Advanced Member
Bryce
Jul 23 2010, 05:06 PM
Berserk
Berserk

Heh heh… über-arisch? Berserk, I'm sure you know better than equating the Āryas with Nordics.

Yea, I just tend to use the term to describe people with blonde hair and blue eyes as that's the common definition here in America. When we think of Aryans we think of Nazis with blonde hair and blue eyes; not a phenotype or the original definition which is East Indians.

Quote:

Anyway, hyper-Nordic individuals are really one locus away from albinism. It fits some people well to display skin, hair and eye depigmentation, but others are far comelier with darker hues.

Skin pigmentation is determined by how much melanin is the skin. Extremely depigmented Nordic types still have some melanin but they have the least amount of any people. Albinism happens when the skin doesn't have any melanin in it at all which is why they don't have any protection from the sun's harmful rays. This child is closer to the Nordic melanin level than albinos since it's skin color looks normal for whites. We'll see how the test results come out though.

Toiletman
fat megalomanic nerd
Just some gene mutation I guess. I mean, they have blonde hair and light eyes in some australoid areas,too. nothing tooooo uncommon.
If you take anything in this forum overly serious, you should really go and see a doctor.

Berserk
Advanced Member
Toiletman
Jul 25 2010, 05:38 AM
Just some gene mutation I guess. I mean, they have blonde hair and light eyes in some australoid areas,too. nothing tooooo uncommon.

Yea, it's probably a mutation. It's not that amazing to think that a mutation could occur that could give a black child light colored hair, skin, and eyes as it is to think that a mutation could occur which could change a black child's phenotype into an Asian or caucasoid phenotype. There are a lot more genes involved in determining bone structure than there are in determining pigmentation.

Funk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
If it was a sperm mix up or a result of cheating etc., the child would look like a Mulatto, which it does not.

Probably just an odd recombination of genes, the parents probably have some Caucasoid ancestors far back, which the article hints at, but also kind of contradicts:
Quote:

has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Bryce
Member Avatar
Dr Farley Bryce, A.E.O.D.
Berserk
Jul 25 2010, 05:19 AM
Bryce

Berserk

Yea, I just tend to use the term to describe people with blonde hair and blue eyes as that's the common definition here in America. When we think of Aryans we think of Nazis with blonde hair and blue eyes; not a phenotype or the original definition which is East Indians.
My own representation of the archetypal Aryan is Adrian Pasdar, but I'm certainly influenced by his Iranian ancestry. Besides, his name reminds me of the Pāsdārān.
Anáil naþrach, urð'vás beþöd, do'chiel díenvë.
Uttering the Charm of Making, wielding a star-stone of Mnar with the right hand and doing in turn the signs of Voor, Kish, Koth and of the Elder Gods with the left hand, makes time-travel possible. My star-stone was destroyed and the Old Lore's might has dwindled. Sad and dull is my life nowadays. Sundry sullen thoughts. Farley Bryce, Antiquus Esotericusque Ordo Dagonis.

Lamprecht
Berserk
This baby is super aryan. As the article mentions, even blonde white babies don't have hair like that most of the time; their blonde hair tends to be darker.
This doesn't make sense.
Hair usually gets darker as the child grows older.
As a kid, my hair was so light it was almost white.
Now it's dirty blond, and I am 17.
My mom claims to have had the same hair and hers is nearly black now!

luipp
Lamprecht
Aug 11 2010, 06:59 AM
Berserk
This baby is super aryan. As the article mentions, even blonde white babies don't have hair like that most of the time; their blonde hair tends to be darker.
This doesn't make sense.
Her hair is strawberry blonde really and most if not all 'black' albinos have strawberry blonish hair. Thje issue is only the straightness of the hair and you berserk already dismissed that yourself as not unusual. Mutations kill. She is either just an ancestral throw back or an albino. No big deal and daddy can relax more than he could if she had ben born mulatto with napy hair. After all how could any skank mummy be THIS unlucky?
Edited by luipp, Aug 11 2010, 11:34 AM.

Berserk
Advanced Member
Lamprecht
Berserk
This doesn't make sense.
That's true that hair usually gets darker as a child gets older but when a blonde baby is first born, the hair is usually darker than that black baby in the opening post. Then in the first few months the hair lightens up. Some babies are born with black hair and it turns blonde in the first few months then around age 8 it starts to darken again. White people be weird. :lol:
luipp
Aug 11 2010, 11:34 AM
Lamprecht
Berserk
This doesn't make sense.
Her hair is strawberry blonde really and most if not all 'black' albinos have strawberry blonish hair. Thje issue is only the straightness of the hair and you berserk already dismissed that yourself as not unusual. Mutations kill. She is either just an ancestral throw back or an albino. No big deal and daddy can relax more than he could if she had ben born mulatto with napy hair. After all how could any skank mummy be THIS unlucky?

We'll see. They said they were going to do some more tests to determine if she's an albino or not. Damn British scientists; why won't they speed it up!
Edited by Berserk, Aug 12 2010, 08:42 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · News & Current Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply