Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Race and earlobe type
Topic Started: Nov 12 2009, 03:14 AM (18,023 Views)
Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Does anybody have source material on this subject? For example, the hanging earlobe vs the attached earlobe within European ethnic groups, or North vs South and West vs East?

Posted Image

Quote:

Earlobes average about 2 cm long, and elongate slightly with age. Human earlobes may be free or detached (hanging free from the head) or attached (joined to the head). Whether the earlobe is free or attached is a classic example of a simple genetic dominance relationship
Dominance relationship

In genetics, dominance describes the effects of the different versions of a particular gene on the phenotype of an organism. Many animals and plants have diploid in their genome, one inherited from each parent....
; freely hanging earlobes are the dominant allele and attached earlobes are recessive. Therefore, a person whose genes contain one allele for free earlobes and one for attached lobes will display the freely hanging lobe trait. It is a common misconception that this implies a precise 3-to-1 ratio between free and attached lobes in the human population. Such a ratio would require that the allele frequency for free lobes were precisely 50%, which there is no reason to assume. One study found that the frequency of attached earlobes among Japanese subjects was 67.1%, and in Chinese subjects it was 64.3%.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Earlobe
Edited by Crimson Guard, Nov 12 2009, 03:14 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sampr
Posted Image

Edit: Sorry, I see mine are attached. :redface:
Edited by Sampr, Jan 24 2010, 08:30 PM.

Omnipresent
I see lots of Northerners and Slavs with attached ears. Usually they are small too. And everyone says Jews who are inbred have attached ears. Asians have the highest frequency. Mine are free.

Bryce
Member Avatar
Dr Farley Bryce, A.E.O.D.
I was thinking, suturing lobes must be a very easy operation to perform if one finds his/her free earlobes too noticeable.
Anáil naþrach, urð'vás beþöd, do'chiel díenvë.
Uttering the Charm of Making, wielding a star-stone of Mnar with the right hand and doing in turn the signs of Voor, Kish, Koth and of the Elder Gods with the left hand, makes time-travel possible. My star-stone was destroyed and the Old Lore's might has dwindled. Sad and dull is my life nowadays. Sundry sullen thoughts. Farley Bryce, Antiquus Esotericusque Ordo Dagonis.

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Most are free, I guess.

Stereotypically I would expect the attached ones on Borreby types, particularly from North Eastern Europe.

coarsehair
Mine earlobes looks like neither but closer to attached ones . Is that possible or I just have very small unattached ones ?

coarsehair
coarsehair
Jan 18 2010, 02:04 PM
Mine earlobes looks like neither but closer to attached ones . Is that possible or I just have very small unattached ones ?
any idea ?

Bryce
Member Avatar
Dr Farley Bryce, A.E.O.D.
coarsehair
Jan 23 2010, 11:21 AM
coarsehair
Jan 18 2010, 02:04 PM
any idea ?
I'm not a doctor of medicine, but taking into account the tremendous variability of genotypes and of gene-expression, I don't deem it unwise to think that you are right: one can have free but small, inconspicuous ear-lobes, making a conclusion about a case of free-lobes or attached-lobes genotype a quasi-random guess. Now, it's up to you to decide if you want to invest money in discovering which gene you carry concerning your ears. Do you think it's important for yourself or rather for your future offspring?
Anáil naþrach, urð'vás beþöd, do'chiel díenvë.
Uttering the Charm of Making, wielding a star-stone of Mnar with the right hand and doing in turn the signs of Voor, Kish, Koth and of the Elder Gods with the left hand, makes time-travel possible. My star-stone was destroyed and the Old Lore's might has dwindled. Sad and dull is my life nowadays. Sundry sullen thoughts. Farley Bryce, Antiquus Esotericusque Ordo Dagonis.

coarsehair
Dna testing for earlobe ? I dont care about it that much . :)

zeta
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Earlobes elongate slightly with age. So the ones with the free lobes will have longer ones :(
This is Dinarid. If they don't look like this, then they ain't Dinarid.
Posted Image

Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Cool that I found this. I must be an inbred Jew cause I have the attached earlobes :D hahaha.

It would be cool to do a poll on this asking people if they have attached or detached earlobes and what their race is.
"Guys that get married and have kids at a young age are suckers. I see them struggling financially with some fat disgusting woman and a small baby and I gloat in front of them with my expensive material possessions and care free attitude." - Robert

Gapn
I have hanging earlobes. Most people find the attached ones repulsive.

The Ice King
Advanced Member
I don't get this, lol. Do you mean ears that stick out and ears that don't.
Well, anyways here are mine. Huge and sticky out(like wings).Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Lol, you're able to see the pics, right?
Edited by The Ice King, Dec 20 2011, 03:37 PM.

New Englander
Member Avatar
mine are hanging

ioana
Both me and my sister have attached earlobes, and our parents and all our grandparents have dettached...
Edited by ioana, Dec 20 2011, 04:58 PM.

SmellyCat
Member Avatar
Darkh Vedda
One of my ears is attached and the other is hanging, and each of them look exactly like my parent's as they have different ear types. It doesn't make sense since most people have identical ears.
Edited by SmellyCat, Nov 26 2012, 01:04 AM.

xzqv
Member Avatar
I have attached earlobes

XLR8R
Fugacity Trigger
Detached/free earlobes.

Fatale
Member Avatar
attached?
Posted Image

faintsmile1992
Pro Member
Though heredity obviously determines this trait, it isn't a racial trait you can use to guess the origins of Europeoids.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Physical Anthropology · Next Topic »
Add Reply