Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
10 of the most racist toys ever made
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 02:47 AM (7,400 Views)
The Warrior
Member Avatar
1. Golly Wog
Posted Image
An English toy based on a 1885 book with a character of the same name. Many people still believe that the toy is a relic of an earlier time when racism against black people was blatant. Recently the Supermodel Naiomi Cambell assaulted airline staff after reportedly being called a ‘Golliwog supermodel’

2. Chop Suey Specs
Posted Image
Made famous recently on Reddit - these spectacles manage to both amuse and offend at the same time.
Thanks to: 1990 Toys

3. Jogo Dos Grooms
Posted Image
A Portuguese game that involved shooting black soldiers with anything you could lay your hands on.

4. Darkey in a watermelon
Posted Image
The advert describes the toy: "Upon opening the watermelon which is made of papier mache, is found a little pickaninany, southern darky with cloth diaper fasted with miniature safety pin and small nursing bottle. His white eyes flash the whole face indicated perfect happiness."

5. Dapper Dan the Coon Jigger
Posted Image
Not to be confused with the not-so-racist "Dapper Dan" that is currently available at
Dapper Dan - Amazon Amazon

6. Always did spise a mule
Posted Image
This was a mechanical bank popular in the late nineteenth century. The bank portrays an African American man riding a mule that, when pushed, throws the rider over it’s head as the coin goes into the bank. Displayed a violence against blacks that was acceptable at the time, and was also thought of as “fun”.

7. Hitler’s Limousine
Posted Image
Whilst not as obviously racist as the rest of the toys it ain’t something your is kid is going to take to "show and tell"

8. Barack Obama Sock Puppet
Posted Image
Racist toys are not just the play things of our grandparents. This monkey sock puppet of American Presidential hopeful "Barack Obama" was only released last month! (thankfully it’s no longer available for sale)

9. Greedy Nigger Boy
Posted Image
The racist intent is so obvious with this item, I am shocked that this used to be gift for young children!

10. Nigger make-up
Posted Image
The Advert says it all:
"The Outfit comprises a black stocking mask that can be slipper over the head in a moment, odd eyes, buck teeth and banana plantation straw hat."

Source
Edited by The Warrior, Jul 1 2009, 02:51 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manu
Member Avatar
Med supremacy
OMG the greedy nigger boy and obama monkey were great!!!
"And you want to know what is the true and causal nature of the issue? it is simply that we have been tricked into accepting the foundations of our own slavery and we have ourselves built upon it our own prison; and nowadays we defend this self-inflicted yoke from anyone who tries to remove it from us and save us from our own folly."

Forrester
Quote:

Whilst not as obviously racist as the rest of the toys it ain’t something your is kid is going to take to "show and tell"

On the contrary, you can spin this 10 different ways.

Rhino
Member Avatar
1. Eh
2. Some what, but still Eh. Anyone know the glasses with the big nose, and moustache in the dollar store, is that racists also lol?
3. I guess, shooting blacks, then again sometimes me and friend joke around in GTA and start killing only mexicans, blacks, whites, or whatever.
4. LoL, WTF? Darkie in a watermelon, that is hilarious, i dont know how it is racist, because you have to take care of it.
5. Eh.
6. Idunno.
7. WTF?
8. It may or may not be racist as the way you see it, a loveable cute monkey, or negro chimp.
9. Obviously racist, funny too no offense. They should make a jewish, indian, and chinese one.
10. LoL retard idea, but racists as the product is to scare people by looking like a black person.
Posted Image

Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
yeah, the obama one isn't necessarily racist.

Ironically the people who assume that it was made to be racist could actually be more racist than the creators of the toy. (Because in their minds black people are cognate with monkeys.)

Basically when it comes to blacks and racism, everyone is immediately guilty and isn't even given a chance to prove otherwise.

(The toy's a piece of junk anyways, but just saying... give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]

Funk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I have my mom's old "negerdukke" (negro-doll). Was apparently a popular toy back in the days.

http://www.karinsdukkeverden.dk/32559128

rikhardhur
Member Avatar
The Warrior
Jul 1 2009, 02:47 AM
3. Jogo Dos Grooms
Good finding. Didn't know about this and it's by a renowned table game brand in Portugal. Incredible. I guess it must be pretty much related to the colonial wars in Africa in the 60s and 70s.

Edit: Now that I look more closely at it, they seem like waiters rather than soldiers. Where did you gather the information?
Edited by rikhardhur, Aug 22 2010, 03:34 AM.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Heh, they look like hotel bellhops or old movie theater ushers. More likely just marching band.
Edited by Crimson Guard, Aug 22 2010, 06:42 AM.
Posted Image

orangepulp
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I found these cookies also to be kinda racist. Its a turkish cookie and its called ''negro'' cause the cookies are chocolate
Posted Image

snail
I found these salt and pepper shakers in my friend's grandmother's barn..

Posted Image

sdfsdf

luipp
Black toys should properly be called specist as they are homo sapiens sapiens rather than Eurasian sub groups.

TheOneWhoKnows
Member Avatar
The Anomaly
Action figures from the movie, Django Unchained.

Posted Image

faintsmile1992
Pro Member
How does number 6 encourage violence against blacks?

Vukodav
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
faintsmile1992
Oct 14 2013, 11:10 PM
How does number 6 encourage violence against blacks?
mules are extremely anti-black...
Do not spill others blood because it is from another tribe or a nation.
But ferociously defend our blood, because it is the blood of our ancestors.
Never allow our blood to be spilled because it is Serb.
With peace into war and with war into peace.
With love into love, but with blood for the Serb blood.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Inter-Group Relations · Next Topic »
Add Reply