Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Why some women seem greedy & materialistic
Topic Started: Apr 9 2009, 03:24 AM (1,588 Views)
The Warrior
Member Avatar
Why some girls seem materialistic

The reason why some girls seem materialistic is very simply because some girls are materialistic. But that is, of course to say, not all girls are materialistic, or that girls are more materialistic than guys.

Materialism is a big part of our society, where the right to own property is one of the driving forces behind the actual progress of our society. Without the right to own patents, many inventions would not have come about. Without the right to store up money in banks, most people would have stopped working. Selfishness, or the reluctance to lose out to someone else, is a fundamental part of human nature, and thus materialism would also be a motivating factor for many.

However, to explain why some girls may seem materialistic, with the emphasis on the female gender, we would have to examine the traditional role of females in society. As Simone de Beauvoir neatly summarized the position of females as "The Others", females have been taking a backseat role in society. While males were in charge of procuring food and survival for the family, females were in charge of administrating these procured goods. Security then for the females, would have meant material goods, because survival depended on how many or how much they possessed, as opposed to males who would prize ability or skill above the material collection. Material good meant survival not only for themselves, but also for their families, their children.

Society has moved on from there, but the simple fact remains: Material goods still form a big part of our standard of living, where the fight has shifted from one of survival, to one of the pursuit of comfort. I believe however, that most girls are materialistic, not because of ignorance or stupidity, but rather, because they understand the simple fact that security lies in money.

Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I think its more a modern culture thing than anything and perhaps a negative bi-product of women's lib and the media, but thats my opinion.

______

Off Topic:

Anybody else notice the trend in some topics? Reminds me of "The Woman haters club" episode of the 3 Stooges.

Edited by Crimson Guard, Apr 9 2009, 03:33 AM.
Posted Image

The Warrior
Member Avatar
Women hating topics, Jews & Influence and Islamification of Europe are hot topics here, Crim.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
The Warrior
Apr 9 2009, 03:37 AM
Women hating topics, Jews & Influence and Islamification of Europe are hot topics here, Crim.
Them be some hot potatoes.
Posted Image

meowkitty
Member Avatar
internet vaginal rage
Crimson Guard
Apr 9 2009, 03:32 AM
and perhaps a negative bi-product of women's lib
How so?

I don't think taking into account someone's financial means when deciding whether or not to pursue a relationship is a bad thing, or inherently "materialistic" in a negative sense of the word. No one wants to starve or struggle and life is much easier with less financial worries. Considering the huge strain financial problems can put on a relationship, wouldn't seeking a partner with greater monetary means make perfect sense?

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
Do you also feel women are materialistic, Warrior? You like to ignite the hot topics but I don't usually see your opinion. Seems like so many guys, at least here, have a lot of sour grapes about women.
Edited by Delilah, Apr 9 2009, 04:26 AM.
"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices." St. Teresa of Avila

The Warrior
Member Avatar
Yes, some women tend to be materialistic, while others are not or to a lesser degree.

Are you materialistic to a high, medium or low degree, Delilah ?

Toma
Member Avatar
Audio, video, disco.
Define materialistic.
Feminist, anti-Muslims, pro-choice, atheist.

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
The Warrior
Apr 9 2009, 05:19 AM
Yes, some women tend to be materialistic, while others are not or to a lesser degree.

Are you materialistic to a high, medium or low degree, Delilah ?
To be honest Warrior, I like to feel secure financially. But I don't need a guy to buy me expensive jewelry that I know he can't afford. But I don't like a cheapskate either. The ones that start bullshitting about what they have don't impress me. Frankly people like that, male or female, bore me to death.
"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices." St. Teresa of Avila

Manu
Member Avatar
Med supremacy
Toma
Apr 9 2009, 05:29 AM
Define materialistic.
I will define materialistic in this particular context for you.

Example: You meet two guys, one is sweet, good looking, treats you great, you have lots of shared interests, you have great sexual chemistry etc etc, he has a low wage job, lives in a small studio and uses public transportation.

The other guy is not so attractive, sort of dull, the sex is mediocre and you barely share any interests with him, however he has a high paying job, big house , cars, vacations to the caribbean, luxury restaurants etc etc.

If you choose to have a relationship with the wealthy guy you are putting a higher value to the material possesions of one over the abstract better traits of the other one. Thats materialistic, the value of the material over the abstract.
"And you want to know what is the true and causal nature of the issue? it is simply that we have been tricked into accepting the foundations of our own slavery and we have ourselves built upon it our own prison; and nowadays we defend this self-inflicted yoke from anyone who tries to remove it from us and save us from our own folly."

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
CG, that 3 Stooges clip was cute. But did they always rhyme? that guy's complaints in the beginning about women staying at home all day, well all I can say is that cooking and taking care of kids all day is not fun. I know because I've taught lots of children and I know what its like being with them all day.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Delilah
Apr 9 2009, 07:37 PM
CG, that 3 Stooges clip was cute. But did they always rhyme?
Like that no, only very few.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Inter-Group Relations · Next Topic »
Add Reply