Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ZetaScript! We hope you enjoy your visit.

At ZetaScript, you will be able to access codes and modifications for your ZetaBoards and InvisionFree Forum. Register today or log in to see these great features!

Username:   Password:
An End to Our Journey
Topic Started: May 6 2011, 08:00 PM (596 Views)
Alam
Member Avatar

Big surprise, eh? It seems that after Gor was plagued with real life issues, the leader ship of ZetaScript was cursed to follow in his footsteps. But let's face it, it wasn't just Gor's inactivity that started us on this path. After the transition from ZBCode, I don't think we ever really had much of a chance of returning to the height of the coding resource forums. That doesn't mean that times haven't been good to us through our short journey. While it bothers me to do so, I have decided that ZetaScript no longer has the potential to rise again.

But when I look back, I don't want to remember ZetaScript as the forum that never could; I want to remember it as the place that many people came together, no matter how short that period of time was, and enjoyed themselves. I know I did (for the periods that I was active). I don't want to be alone on this, so I'm going to share my journey to and with ZetaScript so that maybe I can invoke other's memories that will place ZetaScript forever in a positive light.

Aside from my own forum, I've never really been all that of an active forumer. Mid-2009 changed that when I joined ZBCode. While I was superbly active there, I apparently made some sort of impression. Had Dorith been given the chance to proceed with his massive revamp process, I would have accompanied him as a community admin. In the end, it didn't really matter, as ZBCode experienced it's own demise from an inactive admin. In response to the fact that so many people no longer had a coding forum to call home, Gor created ZetaScript.

At first, I was hardly here. With ZBCode gone, I didn't really see the point in trying to integrate myself with another coding forum, especially when at the time all I knew was HTML and CSS. As evidenced by my presence now, I eventually made my return. It was around December of last year (2010) that I finally started to get into learning how to code. It was here that a member stepped forward and offered to teach those who wanted to learn. At first I thought that I would drown amongst the competition. Seems things didn't exactly turn out that way. :P I quickly discovered a hidden passion for coding, one that at the time challenged my belief that nothing was better than biology.

If it hadn't been for ZetaScript, I don't think I would have actually found my one true calling. For that, I thank you, everyone who has ever posted on ZetaScript. Thank you for joining us for the time that we were here, and thank you for always being supportive of the coders who shared their time to bring us great modifications. I am truly grateful that I was able to be here, even if it wasn't for the whole ride.

I would also like to give special thanks to everyone who has spent time on the staff team. Without your work and time, ZetaScript would not have made it this far. I know we all live busy lives, but I can only hope this won't be the end. I wish everyone farewell and a bright future. Maybe one day a new coding forum will arise above them all, and we will once again find ourselves among friends.

Once again, thank you to everyone for allowing me the opportunity to enjoy such a community. I will always miss ZetaScript, but I know this is for the best. See you guys around.

Alam | Former Admin

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ZetaScript News · Next Topic »

Theme design by Flying Whales and coded by Gabriel. of Outline.