YANA BOARD dedicated to Michael Jackson.
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to YANA! Please sign in to access hidden parts of the board. There will many new and exciting changes on our board. Click on 'announcements' and 'ads' above for more...
Welcome to YANA Board!

These forums are a dedication to the King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson."You Are Not Alone." Please join us in learning about, discussing, and loving Michael. Registration is simple and free.

Thank you!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Jackson as Captain EO 3-D Comic Book
Topic Started: Oct 20 2009, 03:57 PM (1,111 Views)
HumanNature
Member Avatar
Administrator
I was at my university library today, and I decided to do a random catalog search for Michael Jackson.

They didn't have much, but they did have a book written 2006 by Margo Jefferson called "On Michael Jackson" which I checked out. I plan to use it as bedtime reading for the next few weeks. I'm not sure how much I'll like it because it is more of an analysis of our obsession with popular culture and Michael's transition from beloved to ridiculed.

A funner find was Eclipse Comics' 1987 "Michael Jackson as Captain EO 3-D Comic Book!" It was upstairs in the protected collections and I had to check it out and look at it on a velvet book rest. I didn't have 3-D glasses so the images were a bit blurry, but it was still wonderfully cute. In each frame he was shown doing a signature MJ move. The catch phrase on the cover was "We are here to change the world!" Inside, Jackson's animated alter-ego quoted song lyrics in multiple frames - once he said "Who is it?" and another place he is pictured saying "You're just another part of me!" The comic ends with a verse from his song "Another Part of Me":

We're Takin' Over
We Have The Truth
This Is The Mission
To See It Through

Don't Point Your Finger
Not Dangerous
This Is Our Planet
You're One Of Us

They wouldn't let me photo copy the comic because of copyright laws, but I've fond some okay pictures online.
Does anyone own the comic or have better pictures of it?
It was only $3.50 when it was published.
I wonder what it's worth now?

Posted Image * Posted Image
In my search to find myself
I saw your face and nothing else
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply

[ Full Size ]