Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Virtua Mods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Photography bits
Topic Started: Feb 2 2012, 09:03 PM (394 Views)
Sir Kieran
Member Avatar

Copy and pasted from the Canon forums.

Bear with me, first time selling on here.

Payments via Paypal, trades considered but preferably p/x as I'm running low on cash.

From what I can remember I've bought 2 items off here before (Sigma 100-300mm f/4 and 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5) totalling around £700. I know at least one of them resulted in a post from the seller in the feedback thread (positive of course) but I don't have a clue how to find it, if anyone knows I'll be happy to do so. I've also bought and sold stuff on Ebay before, probably piddled away the same amount of money again if not more and sold a couple hundred quids worth of photography stuff, feedback here: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=theran_24

All stuff is in decent working condition unless an issue is mentioned (I will inspect stuff before shipping so if I notice anything new I'll notify you and offer a discount/refund).

All prices include shipping in the UK, happy to send abroad for extra.

Canon EOS 600 (630 in the US, 630 QD in Japan) - £25
Excellent condition and working perfectly, only imperfection are the sticker on the rear showing some wear, a couple scratches on the grip screw, and it's missing an eye cup (I assume they came with one). Includes the remote grip to plug in a wired remote (old type), rubber eyepiece cover attached to the neck strap's grip, and a working battery (have no idea how long it will last). Will also include some links to an online manual which shows how to set the custom functions (as well as everything else on the camera) and will set them to default before shipping if you want (I currently have it set for back button AF and I think automatic rewind is turned off).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Canon EF 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 - £35
The decent version and made in Japan too. Lens code is UC0705. Would go nicely with the 600/other film body/FF DSLR but also useful on crop bodies, I imagine it would be a good cheap lens for video where you don't typically go very wide and want a bit more reach that an 18-55mm kit lens (and it also has a proper focus ring and distance scale). Includes a front lens cap but no rear as it came with the 600, although I may have a spare laying around somewhere I can chuck on it (the rear element will be well covered otherwise), will also include a Hoya UV filter.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - £40
Not much really needs to be said about this, it's the good ol' kit lens. As far as I can tell it's the oldest version as it came with my 20D, I assume the II came right after and there weren't any variants of the mkI. Good if you've lost or broken your kit lens or even bought a body on its own to save some money (I paid like an extra £80 to get this included with my 20D, second hand). Front and rear caps included.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Helios 44m 58mm f/2 (M42 mount) - £20
Supposedly based off a Zeiss optical design, I can't say I've used the real thing but it seems decent enough to me. Has an A/M switch so you can still control the aperture with a flangless adapter. Comes with a front push on cap but no rear unless I can find a spare, as with the 35-70mm it will be well packaged in case I can't find one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (M42 mount) - £20
Optically this is the same as the lens above and matches it in build quality (I think it's sexier though), the only difference is it has a preset aperture. What this means is it has two aperture rings, one to choose the f/ stop and another to actually stop the lens down to that aperture (basically functioning as the aperture pin does on the 44m). There are a couple advantages to this, firstly it's easier to quickly switch from wide open to your chosen aperture for focussing and then metering and taking the shot, and it also gives you an infinitely variable aperture depending on how far you turn the stop down ring (I hear this is useful for video work, who knows?). One downside is if you use it on an M42 mount body that has a stop down lever it won't be as simple as using the 44m as you have to stop down manually still, and you also don't have an A mode where the body can choose how far to stop the lens down (for example with the shutter priority mode). This one unfortunately doesn't come with any caps, that's just how I got it, I do believe it takes 49mm caps.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pentax-A SMC 28mm f/2.8 (Pentax K mount) - £90
This lens here is just an absolute gem, excellent build quality, sharp, small, pretty good looking, and easily the best focussing ring I've had the pleasure of using (I'm talking about smooth as butter pinky finger focussing with the perfect amount of travel). This is also the A version, so if you slap it on a Pentax (D)SLR you can stick it in the A setting and let the body control the aperture, not so important if you're going to stick it on your Canon but it does have more resale value and will be easier to sell due to having more appeal to Pentax users. Includes front and rear caps. I'll even include a little bonus, a Pentax K lens mount (non-screw drive) that I kept off an old broken SLR (no idea why), perhaps you could find some use for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · For Sale · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Virtua Mods