Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Cornerstone
Topic Started: May 11 2010, 09:56 PM (5,187 Views)
Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul
( Sequel to Futuristic Heroes )

(WARNING: This role play contains fantasy violence, suggested sexyness, and characters who tend to swear. If that's not your cup of tea, then please, don't read. If you are still curious, a clean summary of this role play will be posted up at it's conclusion.)

The music pulsed around him, urging him to join the swaying bodies on the main dance floor. But Raz ignored it, his red-gold eyes staring intently out the large window that stetched across the whole bay and up to the ceiling. As he focused on the jewels of space that glittered peacefully outside, the music seemed to fade. One fist propped up his chin, his eye lids partly closing as he slipped further into thought.

It had been a whole year since he had seen the others. He had taken Aurora on a space cruise to a different galaxy, and had even married her not too long after their departure. And only a couple of days ago had it been discovered that she was with child. At first, he hadn't been sure what to think about that...but it was quick to grow on him. Slowly a smile came to his usually stern lips. Being a father wouldn't be too bad...right?

Slender arms slipped around him, and instantly the music came rushing back to his ears as he became aware of his surroundings. He smiled widened, knowing exactly who's arms were around him--Aurora.

"Are you ready to go back?" the soft, gentle voice of his wife said into his right ear, somehow being heard over the music. Razziel shifted his head and felt Aurora's long, soft dark red hair brush his cheek. Go back....go back to the galaxy he had left behind after the adventure he had had with his old friends.

He thought for a moment, then gave a single nod. "I believe I am." But something feels strange... he thought, but didn't voice it, not wanting to alarm Aurora. But something was going to happen...wasn't it? Maybe it would be better to stay in this galaxy after all.

Posted Image
currently using 'My Galaxy' layout
xxxxGraphic Requests
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

She was running as fast as she could and a hard as she could. The young woman dared not look over her shoulder fearful of what might be lurking a short distance behind them. Although she couldn’t hear them at this moment, she could sense their presence. There were a lot of them. Stalking…no, hunting them. She squeezed her hand tighter when the small grip became weak.

A young boy was trying his best to keep up with her long strides. His fearful black eyes raced around his surroundings as though waiting for monsters to pop out from behind every plant and tree. His breathing was ragged and his lungs burned as he tried to force his short legs to keep moving.

“Come on, we can’t stop now. We must keep running!” Her voice broke into his thoughts as he focused as hard as he could on her back. She was wearing a white dress that had at one time been floor length, but since their captivity and escape it now almost reached her knees. His clothes weren’t in much better condition; his white pants more like shorts and his shirt barely stitched fabric on his back.

Suddenly a shriek of pain broke the monotonous sound of ragged breathing and the young woman was on the ground. The boy barely had any time to realize what was happening as he tripped over her and lay stunned for a moment. She turned to look at her right foot only to find it embedded in a hole in the forest floor. It looked as though some tree roots had barely surfaced above the dirt and had created a trap and she’d fallen right into it. Tugging on her leg and trying to move out of it, hysteria was beginning to work its way into her thoughts. Hot tears burned her eyes as she tried to remain focused on the problem at hand.

The boy raced to her side and tried his best to help. When they hadn’t gotten any closer to getting her foot free and grew still, her face hidden from view by her dirty knotted light blonde locks. Seconds passed by before she looked right into the boy’s ebony eyes.

“You have to go and leave me. We can’t allow them to get both of us again. Please, you are the only one who can help the Cornerstone and the deities now. We can’t fail!” As she spoke she held both of the boy’s hands in her own. He had begun crying because he didn’t want to leave her. He knew what would happen if he did.

She released her hold on him and pushed him away gently, “Run! Don’t stop! They’re coming!” Fear let the adrenaline run through his veins as he closed his eyes and turned away from her, letting his weary legs carry him as far away as possible.

When she was alone she let the tears fall freely while still struggling to get her foot free. In minutes she could hear the rustling of bushes around. They had arrived, and there was no chance for her to escape now. A moment later seven shadowy figures surrounded her and her tears ran dry. She refused to give them the satisfaction of seeing her fear, because she knew that the boy would succeed and that these evil monsters would never get the power of the deities. One shadow slammed what could only be a fist down at the root that was holding her ankle, the wood splintering beneath the figure’s power. Another shadow stood in front of the young maiden and lifted her by her throat, her feet dangling a few inches above the ground.

“Where’s the boy?” It’s voice didn’t sound human, instead it resembled the voice of a snake if they were able to speak. The young woman looked away, her lips sealed. He dropped her to the ground, a gasp of pain escaping her mouth.

“Spread out and search for him. We need him alive, so do not injure him too much. Our master needs them both.” The other shadows bowed and vanished as if they’d never been there to begin with. It was only two shadows and the girl left now. The one who had spoken kneeled down in front of her. She was staring intently at the ground as if avoiding looking at its face.

“Where are the deities?” It said it only once, waiting to see if she would respond. Seconds later she looked up, her dark brown eyes cold as they looked into two red ones.

“You will never know.”

Aeya broke from her daydream gasping for air as a cold sweat broke out across her body. Looking around, she let her sapphire eyes survey the sight before her as she tried to forget the nightmare she had just had. Would it really be a nightmare since I wasn’t really sleeping and it wasn’t the night? It was an idiotic question, but it helped calm her nerves.

In reality it wasn’t even much of a nightmare. It was more of a terrible memory, one that she suffered from every so often since her adventure two years ago. But recently it seemed to recur far more frequently and even happened sometimes when while she was awake, which was starting to cause a real problem.

Stretching she let her eyes focus on the brilliant blue water one hundred feet below where she stood. About one hundred yard behind her was the home she’d moved into not too long after she’d returned home two years ago. It was far from any prying eyes, and it was placed on a cliff that looked over the ocean, which made it easy for any night time swims. She felt free here, for the first time in her life. Her long ebony hair danced around her as the salty breeze dried the sweat on her skin. Right when she was just about to turn around and head back towards the house something caught her eye. Freezing, she scanned the water once more, this time catching the signs of movement.

Taking a step closer to the edge she focused on it and tried to figure out what it was when suddenly it dawned her. It was a person. It had been the first time she’d seen anyone else on the beach except her. The beach wasn’t exactly swimmer friendly since coral and jagged rocks lined the shoreline into the water. After that, there was terrible riptide, and the current could beat even the best of swimmers. Fear flooded her as the idea of this unaware person swam in the water was signing their death certificate.

Snapping into action, she slipped off her white lacy shoes and slid her bright purple halter over her head revealing a bikini underneath. Without a moment’s hesitation she raised both arms above her head and dove straight into the water below. Now she just hoped she wouldn’t be too late.
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul

"Captain Rae? Captain?"

Slowly Lila's blurred gaze focused on the person who stood in front of her, colors coming together to form proper shapes around her. Realizing she must have dozed off, Lila sat straight up in her chair to see that her commander, Aloru, was standing before her. He had a patient smile on his handsome face, his brown cat ears flicking forward as his tail shifted behind him.

"Good morning, Captain."

Lila brought up a hand to rub at her eyes as she looked around, and blinked. The control deck was completely empty, save for Aloru and herself.

"What? Where--"

"We landed on Earth about an hour ago, Captain."

Lila looked at him thoughtfully, then chuckled. The crew must have seen her nod off and gone through great pains to stay quiet as they landed, then went off duty. She shook her head, slipping out of her chair. They should have woken her up ages ago...

"We all know you haven't been sleeping well, Captain," Aloru said, picking up on her thoughts, as always. He walked at her side as the door slid open and they began to walk down the hallway. "This vacation should be good for you."

Vacation? More like forced a vacation, Lila realized. Aloru was forcing her into it instead of starting off on a new expedition. He would take over while she 'rested'.

"Let's hope so," Lila answered. Soon they were walking down the ship's ramp, and off into the landing bay. Aloru stopped and saluted her.

"Until we meet again, Captain."

Lila saluted back, smiling. "Until then, Commander."

--

Meive.

The name slipped into her mind as she shrugged off her uniform and got into Earth clothing. It felt weird taking off the uniform...the uniform that adjusted to any temperature and that could bade off alien pathogens. She folded it up carefully and tucked it into her shoulder bag, brushing her long, curly black hair out of her face. As soon as she exited the bay, the chaos that was New York engulfed her instantly.

Meive. Again his name came to mind, and she smiled. It had been two years since she had last seen him. Once she had gotten her appointed role as Captain of a ship that had all but been handed over to her (it had been a piece of junk back then, but was now among the finest of ships that ran amongst the galaxies), she hadn't had the time to see him.

But now she realized just how much she missed him. She reached into her pocket, then tucked something around her ear. She slid into a more quiet, out-of-the-way cafe to get away from the noise of outside. Hopefully Meive wasn't out? Perhaps they could get together and catch up.

"Contacts--Meive," Lila said as she sat down at a table away from what customers were in the cafe. She sat back against the cushioned, high-backed bench as the 'waiting' music filtered into her ear, waiting to see if Meive would indeed answer.

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

(Yea, it's super long...XD So I hope you enjoy! lol)

Aeya felt her legs gradually change into one long fin, the faint scars on her arms revealing more that would help her control quick movements underneath the surface. As she adapted to her new body, she didn’t hesitate at all on what her mission was going to be. Underneath the water, she felt comfortable and in control, so she had no fear of working through the deadly currents.

She was about halfway to the person, and even with her improved vision she wasn’t able to make out very much. The currents are really bad today. It must have been from all of the rain we were having the past week or so. When her eyes began burning, she used her webbed fingers to rub the contact lenses out all the while grumbling. Those were a new pair too…I should have known better than the jump in without taking them out first…but it wasn’t like this was a planned outing. I’d better get there soon.

When she was close enough to realize that the swimmer was in fact a young person, either a young teenager or child, she flicked her tail as fast as it would go. Surfacing as the distance became small it took her a moment to understand what was happening.

“A-aeya! P-please help!” The voice was familiar, and it took her a moment to identify its owner. Alarmed, she paused for a moment before closing the distance between them.

“Tara! What are you doing?!” The half mermaid grabbed the young girl around the waist and did her best to keep her head above the water enough to breathe. Now that there was added weight, Aeya found far more difficult to propel in the water, especially since she had to stay at the surface, but eventually the shore got closer, and the girl was able to use her feet to help them onto the bank.

Collapsing both lay on the sand gasping for air. The young ebony haired woman was not used to dragging a lot of weight aside from her own particularly in strong tides and currents, so after the ordeal she could feel her muscles burning. As a few minutes passed by she opened her sapphire eyes and turned onto her side. Although she loved seeing Tara, Meive’s younger sister, something was telling her the circumstances for the unexpected visit were far less than the obvious reasons.

“Ok Tara. What in the world were you thinking doing that, and why are you here? Where’s your brother?” Her voice was kind but Tara knew that it meant business. There was no way she could try to change the subject or squirm her way out of this one. Her eyes became sad and she slowly sat up.

“I…I didn’t want to stay with Meive anymore. And I didn’t know the water was dangerous either. The beaches back home are perfectly safe and Meive lets me go out far all the time, so I figured it would be safe for me to do that here, but then I got stuck and the water keeped pulling me out farther and farther.” The eight year old was upset and scared, as was Aeya. Launching herself steadily closer to the young girl she wrapped her finned arms around her and rocked back and forth gently.

“You’re alright now Tara, there’s no need to be scared anymore. But I need you to tell me why you can’t live with Meive anymore, what happened? Is there something wrong?” Aeya could tell that something was definitely wrong. The siblings had always been close, and the fact that it was clear Tara was really upset about something, enough to travel over two hundreds miles to stay with her made it obvious that it had to be something really bad. This made her worry. A lot. Tara pushed her face into the older woman’s chest and cried.

It took some time before her tear ran dry, and during that time Aeya managed to turn back into her human form again. Not at all did the half mermaid try to force Tara to speak, she knew that when the young girl was ready she would talk, but as the minutes ticked away, she felt the anxiety growing in her heart. As she settled, Aeya heard the girl speaking into her chest. Unable to hear the mumbled words, she gently pulled the girl back and looked into her red blue eyes.

“You’re going to have to say that again sweet, I couldn’t understand all that garble.” Tara looked away.

“Brother…hasn’t woken up in five days…” Shock shot through Aeya’s entire body. She could hardly believe what she was hearing. There was no way…he couldn’t be dead…could he? “I noticed that he was having problems for the passed two months. Not able to sleep for days, and when he did he was also saying stuff in his sleep and constantly twisting and turning around. A few weeks ago it got worse. He was talking to himself and falling asleep while he still looked awake and he stopped eating almost all the way.”

“He tried to hide it from me, but I knew he was having problems cause I would hear him throw things sometimes in his room. And then, he just stayed asleep. I got scared. Really scared, but he was still breathing. I left cause I didn’t want him to worry. I didn’t want him to have to take care of me too.” The tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to keep it together. Aeya was relieved to hear that Meive was still alive but also worried that he was seriously sick as well.

Holding the girl against her for a few more minutes, she waited for her to calm. When they both sat silently, Aeya motioned for them to get up, “I think it’s time we get back to my house and clean up. I’ll make up a room for you and we can make dinner too. We’ll also give your brother a call, just in case he’s awake. So lets go!” She forced a smile onto her face for the girl; it was the only thing she could think of doing to cheer her up.

Meive jerked his head at an odd angle. His eyes were shut tight, his muscles throughout his entire body tense and strained. In the back of his mind, past the constant nightmare he found himself trapped in was a noise. It was foreign, yet vaguely familiar at the same time. As he tried his best to focus on it, it became louder and louder until it felt like his ears might start bleeding.

Although it was excruciatingly painful, the young man also welcomed it because it allowed him to wake up. He would no longer be trapped in whatever world his mind had created in his sleep, where he felt as though it were more dangerous to be then in real life. But with the grasp of sleep slowly slipping away, the wave of pain replaced it. He gasped, startled by the migraine that engulfed his brain, and the aches and pains that spread through his joints and muscles

When he pushed himself to think beyond his own immediate body he was finally able to realize that the terrible high pitched noise was in fact his phone ringing. Or at least, it had been, but he hadn’t been able to catch it in time so he didn’t bother moving from his chair to hear the message. Massaging his temple with his forefingers, Meive leaned over, propping his elbows on his knees and tried to figure out what had happened.

He was having that same dream again. The same one that had been haunting his sleep for the passed couple of months. And every time he had it, he started losing his mind more and more. It was obvious that it was causing him to lose his grip on time. His body’s internal clock seemed to have ceased running at all. I don’t even know how long I’ve been sleeping. The thought suddenly reminded him. Tara! He stood up too fast and closing his eyes tried to steady himself. When the images of his dreams slowly started creeping into the blackness in front of his eyes they shot open and he forced his feet to move.

When he arrived at her doorway his feet became glued to the carpet. Her room was empty. Her toys put away nicely, her bed made. It was as though she hadn’t been living there for a few days. His emerald eyes suddenly noticed a piece of paper on her bright orange comforter. Still stunned, he walked over to it and immediately recognized her handwriting.

Dear Brother,
I hope you read this not too long after I leave. I don’t want you to worry. I know that you have been trying real hard to hide what is wrong with you, but it is getting real bad. I don’t want you to worry about taking care of me, you need to think of you right now. So I decided to leave for a while. When I wrote this note, you had still been sleeping for two days. I got scared cause I didn’t want anything bad to happen to you. I hope you wake up soon. I miss you a lot!

Love you sooooo much,
Tara xoxox

P.S. I am in good hands or fins so don’t worry!

Meive didn’t even realize he was almost hyperventilating until his vision became blurry. Putting the note back on the bed he turned and sat down, and took a few deeps breaths. At least he knew that Tara was alright. And the clue in the post script gave it away that his little sister was definitely going to stay with Aeya. The half-mermaid was one of the few people Meive felt comfortable with leaving Tara with, but he had wished that it hadn’t needed to come to it.

Over the passed two months he’d tried his best to keep his problems under the radar, but he’d noticed that his sister was quick to pick up on them recently, especially when he would end up sleeping a day or two away. He’d seen the terrified look in her eyes on the few occasions he’d become violent because of his dreams and thrown some things. He was fortunate that none of them got anywhere near Tara though, he didn’t know what he would do if she’d gotten injured. It is for the best that she isn’t here. I don’t want her to see me get worse if it comes to that. I need to figure out a way to get this under control. I can’t lose control of my power.

Breaking from his thoughts, he stood up and left the room, pulling the bedroom door closed behind him. He dragged his body to the kitchen and forced himself to down a glass of water when his emerald eye noticed that blinking red numbers. When he turned to face them, he grimaced. Apparently, he had been out for a long time. There were 32 messages on his machine. The holographic number blinked blue every five seconds to let him know that all of the messages were unheard. When he perched himself in front of it, he took a deep breath and tried his best to stay focused. He didn’t want to fall asleep now, especially with sharp objects in easy access.

He was mildly relieved to find that about half of the messages were telemarketers, but mixed in between them were messages from his manager from work wandering where he was and what was going on. The last message he heard his boss speaking on he deleted. He didn’t want to listen to it, he already knew what the man had said. He’d been fired. The rest of the messages were a familiar voice that brought memories of two years ago. Aeya appeared to have called him twice a day everyday that Tara had been there. Both girls left short messages, ending with them hoping to hear from him soon. He could hear the worry and sadness in Aeya’s voice, as well as the fear in Tara’s. Meive had to make sure he called them. He didn’t want either of them to worry.

The young man was just about to insert the small ear piece when the last message started playing. His body became motionless as her voice broke all thoughts that had been filtering through his mind. It had been at least two years since he’d heard it, but there was no way he would ever forget it. Lila… She was the call that had woken him from his five day slumber. It seemed like she was back on Earth. The message wasn’t long, and when he regained his senses he realized there was a small smile on his lips. He shook his auburn hair out of his eyes and initiated his phone to begin a call. Before he could call Lila back though, as much as he wanted too, he needed to hear his sister’s voice. He couldn’t worry her anymore.
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul
It rang about eight times before Lila got to the message machine. She sighed inwardly, but spoke nicely as she left her message. "Hey Meive, guess who? I just got back to Earth and will be here for...who knows how long. Call back when you can!" The message ended, she sighed audibly this time. There was an odd feeling in her stomach, churning and twisting. It made her very, very uneasy. She glanced around, but the atmosphere around her was the same as when she had entered. Was something wrong with Meive?

A waitress moved over to her, and she ordered a simple cup of water. If he doesn't call back in an hour, I'll go to him, she promised herself as she shifted her golden eyes to look out the window once again.

( lol, short post for now o.o )

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

“Meive, are you alright? What’s going on? Tara and I are really worried!” Aeya’s voice betrayed every ounce of anxiety and fear to the person on the other side. She’d been fortunate enough to answer the call while the young girl had fallen asleep on the couch. The two of them had been playing some board games after spending the morning down at the beach. Slipping the small plastic piece in her ear, she let out a sigh of relief when the voice on the other end was exactly the person she’d hoped it was.

His side remained silent for a few seconds, and at first, the half-mermaid feared that he might have passed out, “Aenxye…if I knew I would tell you. But I’m glad you are taking care of Tara for me. I am very grateful. All I know is that I’m trying to get a grip on things, so if you wouldn’t mind watching over Lil Sis for a few more days until things have calmed down, I would appreciate it.” The fact that her childhood friend had addressed her by her full name, she knew that something serious was up, but didn’t push him any further about it. She understood that Meive was like her in the respect that he would give up the information when he was ready, not if he was forced.

“Alright Meive, I get it. And it’s no problem at all. It’s been too long since I’ve hung out with her. She’s grown up so much!” Meive couldn’t help but smile at that comment. It had been just under two years since Aeya and them had visited. The thought suddenly reminded him of someone else he hadn’t seen in about as long.

“Hey Aeya, have you heard from anyone from the old gang? Like Mikke?” Aeya’s heart skipped a couple of beats at the mention of his name. A blush crept up her cheeks as her thoughts lingered on memories of him.

“N-no. I haven’t really heard from any of them after we all went our own ways. I think I heard from Kita once or twice within the first six months or so afterwards though, but nothing after that…” Her voice trailed off. As dangerous as their adventures were, she did miss the companionship and the bonds she’d made with others like her. Sadness washed over her, “I guess…we all moved on and started our own lives…”

“Yea…that’s kind of how it’s been for me too.” Listening carefully, Aeya could tell that something wasn’t right, it seemed as their conversation continued his voice grew weaker and weaker.

“Meive…please remember to take care of yourself. Tara needs you. And I need you too. You’re one of the few friends I still have, so don’t do anything stupid, alright?” What she said sounded stupid, but she had to say it. The other end went silent once again.

“I will Aeya. I’ll figure this all out soon.”

“Thank you. And if you can, please try to call us everyday, just so we know that you’re alive. We don’t even have to talk for long or anything, just the sound of your voice will do.” The half-mermaid knew their conversation was over. And after some quick goodbyes, she heard the line go dead. She let her sapphire blue eyes rest on the curled up figure lying on the couch. I hope you’re Meive, I really do. Tara’s been through enough without having to lose you too.

Meive moved slowly into his living room and sat in the armchair. After he hung up with Aeya he’d forced himself to drink another glass of water. Let the back of his head rest against the back cushion, his emerald eyes gazed up at the ceiling. His next thing to do was call Lila back. He didn’t want to forget to get a hold of her before he drifted off. Which could be at any time.

Voice activating the phone to go to his contacts, he waited for the sound of her voice to fill his head. It’s been so long…what do I say? I would love to see her again, but I’m in no condition to have guests or to even leave my house. Quickly he broke from his thoughts as the waiting music came to an abrupt end.

Aeya stood in her kitchen having a mental struggle. The phone piece was still in her ear as she debated whether or not she should. It’s been two years…that’s plenty of time to find a girlfriend and settle down…That’s completely understandable, I don’t know why I should be upset about it. I mean come on… The same thoughts repeated themselves over several times as she tried to gather courage and reach a decision.

During this time she had shuffled to the dining room and sat down in a dark wood chair. The sunlight lit the chamber giving it a warm comfortable atmosphere. Mustering everything she could, she entered her contacts list and chose his name to call. His number has probably changed anyways, so it’ll either be a dead account, or someone else. No harm right? To the half-mermaid it felt like every beat in the waiting music felt like an eternity. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she tried to remain calm. It wasn’t until she heard the line carry through that she lost her nerve. Quickly she ended and call and remained frozen in her seat.

Tossing the phone onto the table and watching it slide a good distance away, she let a groan escape her lips as her head hit the table, “No wonder I’m single! I’m twenty years old and I can’t even call a guy and just talk! I’m hopeless!”

“Were you calling that one guy you liked a long time ago?” The voice startled Aeya as straightened her back and turned her head to the source. Tara was leaning against the back of the sofa, her hands propping her head up in her arms as a large smile lit up her face. Embarrassed, the young woman stood up and grabbed the ear piece. As she entered the living room, she could feel the flush spreading across her face.

“What makes you say that I liked him?” She plopped herself next to the young girl, although refusing to look at her. Tara giggled.

“Meive told me all about the adventures you guys went on two years ago, and told me that it seemed like you guys got along really well!” The half-mermaid sighed defeated. She looked at her young friend and smiled weakly.

“Yea…way back when, I did like Mikke. But it’s been two years, and a lot can happen in that span of time.”
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul

Mikke let his eyes close as the wind whipped around him, sliding through his wing feathers like the purest of water. The clouds were so much closer up here...as much as he wanted to go higher, he could not. While he could handle the pressure of thinner air, his sister could not. She was too young to even be traveling the distance they were now going. He cracked his eyes open as another pair of white wings flashed by him, a cheerful shout carrying back on to wind and to his ears.

"Woooo! This is so fun!" One shouted, swooping low only to shoot back up and do a loop around her brother. Mikke reached forward and adjusted his goggles before he smiled at One. Her hair was anything but a shining beacon up here, the short blond strands reflecting the sunlight. Her bright blue eyes smiled at him as she looped again, a few of her feathers brushing across his nose.

"Hey, not so close!" Mikke laughed, shifting his shoulders to better settle the pack that was on his back. He gazed downward and felt his jaw drop. The ocean glittered and shone, outlining a large hill. It was a very beautiful view...

"Uck! Mikke, stop catching bugs!" One shouted, coming to fly at his side as she too gazed down. At seeing the hill, she squealed in delight. "Is that the place?"

"Yes," Mikke half-shouted back to her, letting one wing sink down as he began their descent. When the landscape below began to get closer the fresh smell of the ocean wrapped around them. Together the two Avians carefully descended toward the hill, the house sitting at its top getting bigger and bigger. Soon Mikke touched down just before the porch, One landing a scant few seconds later. She ran a small hand through her hair to settle it back in place, then lifted the goggles to rest at the top of her head.

"Nice place! So, what happens if she has a boyfriend now?"

Mikke didn't answer right away, also reaching up to settle his goggles on top of his head as his wings folded in behind him, slowly shrinking back to their normal size.

"Like I said, we are here for a visit," he responded calmly, though his stomach did a sudden twirl. For a while he had been planning his trip to Aeya, hoping to surprise her, rather than just call her. One hadn't been in the earlier stages of his plan, but after the death of their parents, he was now her guardian, and therefor was charged with her care. He smiled at her, slinging an arm around her shoulders as he led the way up to the door.

After but a second of hesitation, he raised his fist and knocked.

_____

Lila felt her heart skip a beat when her ear phone said it was receiving a call from Meive. Swallowing her current mouthful of water, she answered.

"Meive? Hello," she said, smiling. But that smile faltered as a wave of unease washed over her. She sat up straighter, her eyes looking past the milling crowds that lingered outside.

"Meive...what's wrong?"

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

Aeya tipped toed to the door when the knock echoed through the hallway. Tara and her had been goofing off in the kitchen as they prepared snacks to pack with them for their day at the beach. The half-mermaid’s waist length ebony hair was pulled up in a high ponytail, the tips brushing the space just below her shoulder blades.

What the noise reached the kitchen; both girls froze and looked at one another. It was incredibly rare if Aeya ever received visitors since door-to-door robotics didn’t bother to wander this far off the beaten path. The young woman held a finger up to her lips and approached the thick dark wood door. Lifting her body up on tip toes, she peeked through the peep hole and gasped.

Quickly she backed up and stared wide-eyed at the door. Not paying attention to where she was going she bumped into Tara, nearly knocking them both on the floor. She barely maintained her balance as she twirled around and looked down at the young girl with the same wide eyes. Tara looked at the older woman curious. She didn’t look scared, just surprised.

“Who is it? Is it someone you know?” Tara whispered so only Aeya could here. Focusing on what the child said, she silently nodded her head. It was then that a faint blush began creeping up her face. What is he doing here?! I just called him a short time ago, did he know it was me? Tara realized who it was immediately. The young girl couldn’t help but grin mischievously. Aside from Aeya, the girl hadn’t met any of the other friends her older brother had made two years ago on his adventure. Now was the perfect time for her to do so, and help the shy half-mermaid at the same time.

“Maybe if we don’t answer he’ll think that no one’s home? I can’t answer the door dressed like this!” Her intention was originally to be speaking to Tara, but the young girl noticed that her older friend was staring off into space while she spoke, so she quietly made her way to the door. Before Aeya realized what was happening the girl pushed down on the door’s latch and pulled the door open.

The half-mermaid couldn’t even protest before her sapphire eyes caught his teal ones. Now she was stuck, and embarrassed.

“Awesome! They’ve got wings!!”

Cel looked up at the sky his entire body warm from the sun’s rays. He’d been hiding in the ancient tree for the last hour. His thoughts on serious issues that he didn’t want to burden with anyone else. Especially her, since she always held such a happy disposition.

It’s all been set in motion. Now all I have to do is find all the Cornerstone pieces and get them together. Two years have passed though, that’s a long time for them to split up and go their own ways. I can’t let failure be an option though. There has to be some way to gather them all together again. No matter what it takes I will. His thoughts were disturbed when a shrill voice echoed around him. Wincing, his teal eyes lowered to the base of the tree where a young woman with firey red hair stood, both hands on her hips. He sighed before sliding off the bough he’d made a seat.

“What’re you doing? If you keep running off like that we’re going to miss it! Who knows when the next one will be!” Her voice was tinged with anger, although he knew that she was really too excited to remain that way for much longer. Wrapping his arms around her waist he leaned over and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry; I have a lot on my mind lately, so I needed to gather my thoughts.” She felt comforted in his arms, but also worried. The young woman had noticed his distant behavior over the passed few weeks.

“It’s about the Cornerstone isn’t it?” He pulled back and looked at her startled. How could she have known about that? She couldn’t help but smile at his expression, “You talk in your sleep darling. But you never said anything more than that, so don’t worry.” Relieved, his eyes moved up the hill beside them.

“I’ll have to tell you more about it later then. Since I know you won’t let me live it down until I do. But let’s do this first.” Satisfied with his response, the young woman broke away from his arms and grabbed one hand and began trying to run up the hill. It was the first solar eclipse they would ever see, particularly from their region, so the woman had been ecstatic about it since she’d found out. There was nothing for Cel to do but follow.

Meive cringed when Lila noticed that there was something wrong. I knew it wasn’t a good idea to have called her back. I should have waited until everything went back to normal…however long that will be.

“Nothing serious Lila, don’t worry. I’ve just been really sick the passed couple of weeks. Probably the flu, you know that fun stuff. Well, at least for us Earth inhabitants.” He couldn’t help but add the last joke on at the end. Meive always found it fun to pick on the young woman. At least he hoped she was still that way. For all he knew her humour could have changed.

“Anyways, I was really surprised to hear from you. It’s been a long time. How have you been? I’m sure dating some aliens from time to time.” He mentally slapped himself again. What am I, making up for lost time by laying on every joke possible? She’s going to end up hanging up on me! Even as he thought this, he couldn’t help but smile. It felt like old times for him. Now he just had to hope that she was going to fall for his little lie. He didn’t want to tell her what was really happening, or even why, because he didn’t know either.

”Commander, the wench never said anything. We tried everything possible to get her to tell us the information about the deities, but she wouldn’t say anymore than that the Cornerstone had already been chosen and that we were going to come to a dismal end…” The voice rang out in the metallic chamber, although the man the voice was talking too could not be seen from the shadowed regions of the room. As the silence grew, it seemed that the voice grew fearful.

”We tried everything we could, but she wouldn’t tell us! There was nothing we could do, her—“AAAHH The voice was interrupted by his own screams of pain. It lasted for a few more seconds before the line went silent and then dead.

The metallic room was silent for a few more moments before sounds of steal bending and breaking echoed down the hall and throughout the entire complex.
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul
Mikke felt like his heart would grow wings of its own and fly away it was fluttering so much. When the door opened, his eyes found Aeya right away. Her hair had gotten much longer, and....

"Of course we got wings!" One said, bounding forward to Tara. "We can change their size, too. Look," she said, turning slightly sideways so that Tara could see most of her back. The wings began to shrink until they were cutely small. She beamed and gave them a little flap, then turned fully to Tara again before reaching out her hand in greeting. "My name is One, and I'm Mikke's sister!" she said. "Are you Aeya's sister or something?"

Mikke snapped out of his daze, taking a little step forward as he looked over the two younger ones. His head dipped in greeting. "Aeya...I...I hope this is not a bad time? I apologize for not warning you of my visit beforehand. I wanted to surprise you."

______

Hearing Meive's voice after two long years was an amazing thing. But her gut was still telling her something was wrong, even though Meive was only passing it off as the flu. Before she could answer, he was already teasing her. Slowly a smile grew on her lips and she shook her head, sending some of her long black curls to slide over the front of her shoulders. Even now, he was teasing her. Just like Meive.

So he didn't want to talk about what was truly wrong. She closed her eyes for a second, but upon opening them, began to talk back to him. If he was that desperate to not talk about it, she'd give him that allowance. If there was something alarmingly wrong, he would tell her in due time.

...Right?

"Us space-travelers get the occasional sniffle," she protested playfully, grinning as she continued to listen to him. "Aliens? Of course not Meive. Captains don't get that luxury...that, and I haven't met anyone that interesting." It was true, anyway. Meive had always been on her mind. "I'm on forced vacation, and I'm doing quite well. I was going to suggest we get together, but if you are sick...." she trailed of and sighed softly. "I have missed you," she added, her voice soft.

A new person entering the cafe caught her eye. One of her own and newest among the crew members was walking in, heading her way. It was Satin, a technological young genius Lila had had luck in finding. Except...she looked a bit different. The girl had always had her bluish hair hidden under a cap, but now it descended to her shoulders in layers, the cap long gone. Her clothes were more form-fitting than baggy.

But all in all, she looked great. Lila stood as Satin approached, and Satin saluted. Lila smiled and saluted back, then gestured to the seat across from her. Satin returned the smile and sat, but remained silent, seeing as Lila's ear-phone device had the blink of a call in progress on. Thankful for her observation, Lila waited for Meive to respond. Though she was curious as to why Satin was here, her attention latched back onto Meive.

_____

Kita was bored beyond all reason. With her job, with...life. After 'the gang' had split up two years ago, she had had to go back to her home. Her mother and brother smothered her with missed-out attention, but just a short while later things were back to the way they used to be. Her mother and brother were just never home.

A year later she had moved out and started into college. In this day of technology, learning the required courses were easy. You could even learn things in your sleep if you so pleased. Then it was off to find a job.

Having no incredible skills accept for her ice abilities, she became a simple waitress who could served perfectly chilled drinks during the summer.

Today was no different, she thought as she finished wiping up the tables. It would be the same once the restaurant opened--the flood of people, the need for iced teas and ice creams. The teasing and occasional pull to her ears or tail by small children, the cooking, the cleaning...

Needless to say, Kita was almost bored to tears. She needed action in her life, that was just who she was. A restless half-cat, in a small corner in the ways of life.

She missed Aeya. Meive, Razz--all of them. Kita reached back to secure loose strands of her long purple-ish, white-streaked hair back into its ponytail. She should probably get it cut....she could not sit on it. Allowing herself a sigh, she looked out the window and up to the sky. She knew she needed to cheer herself up, but...

...Would things ever change?
Edited by Megs, May 20 2010, 10:18 AM.

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

“That is soooooooo cool!” Were you born with them? Could I get some?” Tara was absolutely fascinated with the Avians, having never really seen any where her and Meive lived, at least that she’d noticed. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head when the young girl was able to make the size of her wings smaller, “Ah man!! I wish I had wings!” It took her a second to realize that her new friend had introduced herself, and smiling she returned the favor,

“I’m Tara! I’m not Aeya’s sister silly! I’m Meive’s little sister! But she’s kind of like a sister to me!” The almost hyperactive attitude Tara picked up broke Aeya’s numbness as she couldn’t help but laugh silently at the child. I suppose it’s good to have company aside from me. She needs to stay busy. And I don’t remember Mikke having a sister…but I suppose that’s no surprise really. Moving her eyes once more to look over Mikke she noticed that he had grown up quite a bit in the past two years. It was then that she remembered what she was wearing. She refrained from wrapping her arms around herself to hide the exposed skin, but that would have just made everything worse. So instead she tried to remain still, her eyes searching the room for something to hide behind. I’ve never had to worry about being self-conscious here because no one is ever out here. Now, I’m wearing a bikini in front of two people, and one I like!

When she heard Mikke speak, her worries diminished enough for her to formulate a response as she smiled. Deep down, she really was happy he had surprised her, it had been a long time since she’d had guests. She just had to get over the initial shock still.

“No, not at all! You just happened to catch us as we were about to head down to the beach actually. You’re both welcome to join us. And I’m very glad for the surprise, thank you Mikke,” The half-mermaid tilted her head to one side as she smiled. She was just going to have to get over it, but it was always fun to be around him, so she didn’t think it would be much of a problem.

She moved her sapphire eyes to the case and towels that had been placed in the doorway to the hall and kitchen and grabbed them, mildly relieved to be able to hide behind the long beach towels. When Aeya turned back around, she finally realized that her new guests were still packed up with their stuff.

“Oops! I suppose it would help if you put your bags somewhere. You and One can just place your bags against the wall. We can set up your rooms when we get back.” The young woman motioned with a free hand where against the wall they could put their stuff. All the while, Tara was trying her best not to jump around the room with excitement. The girl couldn’t contain how excited she was that she finally got to meet Mikke and he had a little sister around her age. What were the odds?!

Meive couldn’t help but chuckle at her responses to his jokes. He was glad to see that her humor had remained pretty much the same. It made it all that much easier to talk to you, even with the gap of time where they had grown apart. When she commented about not seeing anyone through the two years, he felt a little relieved which surprised him. It’s her life, we never really officially went on any dates or anything, so I don’t see why I should be protective over if she’s dating or not.

"I have missed you." The words echoed in his head even though she had said them softly. His heart knotted in his chest. It took him a moment to recover, but he tried his best to make a respond with delaying it too much.

“I’ve missed you too Lila. And forced vacations aren’t all that bad. Sometimes they reveal to you just how badly you needed one,” His mind was still trying to work out a way he could see her before she went back into space. He didn’t want to have to wait another two years to see her just because of him being ‘sick’. Meive’s emerald eyes looked around the room, “Well, I’m getting better, so how about in three days we meet somewhere? Actually, what day would that be?” He felt stupid for asking it, since time was supposed to be his forte, but the young man didn’t even want to try to mess with that right now for fear he’d pass out or worse while still on the phone with Lila. Now, all he had to do was wait and see what she said.

Kerin couldn’t help but stare at Cel wide eyed. Everything she had just told her was an overwhelming amount of …fantasy! It all sounds like legends and hoohaa!

“You aren’t making this up are you?” Her voice was suddenly almost annoyed. The idea wasn’t so farfetched that the youth would make up a story to appease her curiosity. When she said this, his eyes turned cold and she knew that what’d he said was true.

“Do you remember me telling you over two years ago that I had been captured and beaten nearly to death? Now you know why.” Memories of that conversation filled her mind as sadness washed over her. That entire subject had usually been off limits unless he brought it up first. Quietly she nodded her head. It had to be the truth then, but it was so out there, that she was still trying to grasp it all.

“So, then you…you’re the God of Nature or something like that then?” Cel could see that it was a lot for her to handle, but he felt a little relieved to be able to tell it to someone after having to hold it in for so many years.

“Yes, I’m the last remaining deity, the others are dying and are in a spirit form and have chosen their replacements, which is what the Cornerstone is. With the combined powers of the Cornerstone, they can save us all. But if the wrong hands are able to posses the power of the deities than it’s the end of us all.” Kerin slowly nodded her head, her large ruby red curls moving in unison. Then she looked into his teal eyes with her amethyst ones. She had one last question.

“Who is the enemy in this case then?” Cel looked away and shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know. It could be anyone.”
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul

One just giggled at Tara's questions, her blue eyes lit up with excitement. It had been a while since she had been in the company of a human around her age. Meive's little sister? Mikke had talked about him!

Mikke finally realized what Aeya was wearing, a small blush coloring his cheeks. "We'd be glad to join you," he said quickly, and One whooped for joy, her little wings fluttering madly in excitement.

"Excellent!" she said, neatly yanking Mikke's pack off his shoulders and around his wings to drag it to where Aeya indicated, also shrugging hers off. Mikke took off his goggles and tossed them to One, who set his alongside hers on the packs. "Good thing I'm wearing shorts today. C'mon Tara, let's go!" One said, practically jumping in the spot in her eagerness to get going. Mikke cleared his throat and One paused, coughed herself in slight embarrassment, then turned to Aeya.

"Nice to meet you, Aeya! Thanks for letting us stay," she said humbly, dipping her head. "...Can we go now?"

Mikke shook his head at One's impatience, but stepped out of Aeya's way out through the door, suddenly not sure what to say. But he was grateful she would let them stay, at least for a while. He and One both needed it...and it would be a very good distraction from One's sorrows.

_____

Lila smiled as Meive replied, trying to settle the strange feeling in her stomach. Three days? Well, that was better than not at all, at least. "That will be Friday, I believe..." she trailed off, glancing to Satin. The girl nodded, then politely left the table to make her order at the cafe checkout. "Yes, it will be Friday by then. It would be great to get together," she said.

It will be great to see you again.

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

“Alright, so I suppose now the next thing is to get all of the Cornerstone people together right?” Kerin spoke tiredly. The two had been sitting at the kitchen table of their apartment for the passed two hours, and her muscles were starting to ache, especially her bum. She’d been ignoring it for as long as possible, but as sleep was beckoning her it was getting harder and harder. In an attempt to relieve the numbness in her rear, she rocked from side to side, watching the attractive youth across from her.

“Yes, exactly. They are no doubt not all huddled together, so I will have to find a way to get them all together, and soon.” Watching the young woman trying to remain still for so long was amusing, especially since he knew how much concentration it took for her to do it. He looked away, his teal irises caught the ticking motion of the nearby clock. It was well after one in the morning, and he knew that Kerin was getting tired, so he looked back at her and smiled.

“I think that’s enough for tonight, you can go now. Thank you for trying to remain so still for so long.” His smile had turned humorous when Kerin shot straight to her feet and began performing jumping jacks.

“Oh maaaan! This is sooo much better! Thank you!!” Cel only sat back in his chair and chuckled. That was the young woman he knew, not the somber one sitting across the table for two hours trying to help him out with his troubles. But that is the problem isn’t it. How do I get them all together…maybe I should ask the deities for help…

“Friday it is then, how about at noon, so we can get some lunch or something if you’d like.” Meive was getting excited, but nervous at the same time. He really wanted to see her. A lot. But he was also worried his condition wouldn’t get any better, and that either she would find out about it, or that he would mess it up with her by falling asleep for days again, “It’ll be great to see you again.” He meant it with every fiber of his being.

It was almost as if talking with her made him feel better. The youth hoped it would continue and get even stronger when he saw her in three days time. Wouldn’t that be interesting if she was my cure. But as soon as he thought that, his mind started getting fuzzy. Alarmed he tried to focus his emerald eyes on the bookshelf across the room.

“I’ll see you Friday then Lila, I’ll talk to you soon,” He had to get off the phone quick. When the line went dead he tossed the ear bud onto the coffee table and ran for the bathroom. As he flushed the toilet, he gathered himself at the sink and wiped the sweat off of his face with a wash cloth. Definitely not good. When he looked in the mirror he winced. There was no way of hiding that something was seriously wrong with him with how he looked right now.

Since he’d hardly eaten the past two weeks, his cheeks looked hollow, his skin tone deathly pale. There were dark circles underneath his eyes, as though he hadn’t slept in ages, which in truth was how he felt too. I’ve really got to do something about this. If I look like this on Friday, I’m going to have to cancel it with Lila, there’s no way she can see me like this. When he felt strong enough to leave the bathroom, he made his way back to the kitchen and sipped at a glass of cold water. He glanced over at the wall clock only to see that it had been shattered, glass and cogs littered the carpet beneath it.

Surprised, he went around the house and checked all of the clocks. They were all in a similar position of destruction. He didn’t know when or how, but he knew that he had been the one to do it all. Even the one in Tara’s room was broken. When he returned to the kitchen, he forced himself to look in the refrigerator and was shocked to find that there was food and meals made up, his sister’s handwriting labeling what was inside the containers. Smiling he couldn’t help but grab the smallest thing he could find. He had to eat something.

Aeya laughed at how excited One was, it seemed like Tara and her would get along really well. When she became comfortable with holding the towels and beachbag she let the girls leave the house first. She smiled as she walked by Mikke, watching the two girls running around her yard waiting for the “slowpokes” to catch up. He was still the gentleman she remembered him to be. The half-mermaid was unsure of what to say to him, so she stuck with the usual mundane questions.

“How have you been Mikke? It’s been two years! I’m sure a lot has happened.” Her sapphire eyes scanned their surroundings as the four made their trek lazily down the hillside. When her irises fell on the azure ocean below them it suddenly dawned on her.

“Tara! Make sure you and One don’t go past the safe zone! Remember the tides!” The young woman called ahead to the two exuberant girls. Tara turned her head when she heard her name and nodded quickly before going back to playing with her companion. Aeya didn’t want to have to make another rescue attempt. Once was good enough to last her a lifetime.

“Hey Aeya! Can we fly down to the beach?! It would be soo much faster, and cooler!” Tara’s voice broke the older woman out of her thoughts as she just stared at the child a good distance away.

“I think walking serves us just fine! I’m sure Mikke and One have flown enough for one day!” Tara lowered her shoulders and sulked. She’d never flown before, especially with people who had wings. Not fair!
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul

The abrupt end to their conversation surprised Lila. She sat there, even as the phone asked if there was someone else she wished to contact. Well, he had sounded genuine about wanting to et together with her, at least. Perhaps he was just feeling too sick right now to talk? Lila bade herself to relax a little, reaching up to tap the phone off Meive's silent line.

Satin came back, her orange eyes peering curiously at Lila as she came to sit across from her, sliding a cup of cocoa over to the captain. Lila snapped back to the present and smiled, letting her hands wrap around the mug. Satin was silent as she watched Lila gaze down into the mug, sipping at her own. After a few minutes of silence Satin set down her cocoa and crossed her arms on the table, leaning forward a bit.

"Captain, I don't mean to pry..." she began, and Lila once again snapped her gold-and-orange gaze to her companion.

"No need for formalities; we're off duty," Lila said in response, finally taking the time to sip at the cooling cocoa. There was silence again for a few minutes more until Satin smiled.

"He'll be fine, Lila."

Lila gave Satin a side-long look, and gave her a smile of her own. Clever girl.

"I hope you are right."

_____

"Things have been....well..." Mikke began, but then smiled a little at Tara's outburst at wanting to fly. As much as the idea was appealing to him, his wings didn't agree. But One 'tshed' and paused for a moment, twitching her wings. They began to grow, and were soon pretty big. They almost looked too long on the young girl, but she flapped them, jumping up into the air to gain altitude.

"Hey Tara! Don't wiggle!" she shouted as she swooped down, grasping Tara under the arms and winging up. Not too high--maybe just ten feet. Holding the other girl, she began to glide carefully down to the coastline.

"One! Be careful!" Mikke shouted after his little sister, and her speed did slow, but otherwise she didn't answer back to him. He glanced to Aeya and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I'm sorry, she's full of energy..." his voice trailed off as they walked, then he spoke up again. His tone was more gentle and quite, as if he didn't want anyone but Aeya to hear him right then.

"Our parents died just half a year ago. I'm glad One has found someone to keep her mind off of it."

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

(I should probably have mentioned it before, but Cel and Kerin are living in France. That's why there's the strange time difference and so on. XD)

Aeya stopped and stared at Mikke shocked. She could hardly believe what he’d just said.

“Oh Mikke! I’m so sorry! If there’s anything I can do at all, please don’t hesitate to ask. It won’t be a problem at all!” By then she had moved next to him and placed her right hand on his arm. The half-mermaid looked at him with a sad smile, “It sucks losing someone you love like that, especially a parent. But, I’m glad you came.”

Aeya would have continued had she not heard the distant voices of the girls already down at the beach. Turning around, she looked down to see their small bodies jumping around trying to get their attention. Even with the terrible news, the young woman couldn’t help but smile. I’m glad One seems happy now. She’s made a new friend, and has Mikke as an older brother, I think she’ll be okay. She broke away from her thoughts and looked back over to Mikke, her hand still resting on his arm.

“My mother, she died when I was a couple years younger than them. Killed by hunters because she was a mermaid. I unfortunately was in the vicinity when they found her. The memories to this day still haunt me from time to time, but they’ve healed over mostly. I think what saved me was being friends with Meive. He was the first person I went too after she died, and he never left my side until his family moved away. At the time Tara hadn’t even been born. Wow, now I feel old!” She hadn’t really meant to surround them with even more sadness, she just wanted to let Mikke knew that she understood. Taking a deep breath she tried to smile, “It seems like terrible events seem to surround our whole group doesn’t it…” Her voice trailed off. My mom, Meive and Tara’s parents, Mikke and One’s parents and who knows about the others…but I can’t complain, I really have it good compared to many others.

Tara gasped in delight. Flying was the best thing ever she decided. Now, she really wanted to have wings. When the two landed, it took the young girl a second to catch her breath from all the excitement.

“One, that was so cool!!! Wow! I never knew flying was so fun! I really wish I had wings now!” Tara could barely contain her excitement, but as the thrill from flying gradually faded some, she turned around looked up to where Aeya and Mikke were still walking.

“Come on Aeya! Hurry up!! Hurry up!!” The girl turned it into a chant until she saw the half-mermaid turn in their direction. They need to hurry up! They can be all cute later! I want to go swimming!

“What’re you doing Cel?” Her voice broke his concentration as he stood and looked over at the young woman wearing pjs. She’d noticed that he wasn’t planning on going to sleep anytime soon, so after waking up and grabbing a glass of water she went to search for him. Her amethyst eyes finally found him kneeling in front of the old tree in their tiny backyard.

“I’m trying to find out where they all are.” He said it nonchalantly, as if it was something he did all the time, but Kerin tried her best to hold back the laughter.

“Are you…talking to the tree?” Without meaning too, a few giggles broke free of her lips. Cel frowned, but the girl couldn’t help it.

“No. I am not talking to the tree. Do you remember my ability to assess people’s positions and if I come in visible contact with them, I can even recognize the specific person in a room full of others. I can do this because I use my power to travel through plants and trees and see what they see,” He explained it to her, but from the mildly confused expression on her face, he knew he had to dumb it down for her, “It is kind of like watching a holographic television. But I see through the plants’ point of view. I can see basically everywhere dans le monde as long as some sort of plant or tree is there. Understand?” Kerin found it absolutely fascinating, although she suddenly gave him a dirty look.

“Does that mean you’ve spied on me before? You better not have you jerk!” Both hands were on her hips as she glared at him. He looked at her stunned. The thought had never actually crossed his mind. He’d only ever used it for finding out people’s locations in more serious situations, not for personal curiosity.

“Kerin…go back to bed, you’re getting ridiculous. I will see you in the morning.” He turned around and continued what he was doing; leaving Kerin to stay the same way for a few more seconds until she knew that he wasn’t going to look back at her. Spinning around on her heel she stuck her nose in the air and went back inside.

When he finally got back on task, he knew that the general vicinity of each of them was in the United States. Although it narrowed the topic, it was still billions of plants to seed through, which meant he would most likely not get any rest. This had better work. If none of them are on the planet, then I have no idea what I’m going to do…but I can’t think like that…Once I find all six of them I must talk to the deities and see if any of them can help me out. Please let this work…
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul
(Right-o!)

Needless to say, Mikke was stunned at Aeya's reaction to his words. Where she touched his bare arm he could feel a slight tingling sensation, and her own words had him at a pause. He stood there, legs not wanting to move as his eyes rested on the half-mermaid. He hadn't known that about her family...the poor girl. But at least they could relate even more now.

"Aeya...thank you," he managed to say, then came back to his proper senses. For the most part. "Yeah, but you have to admit...our group is pretty talented," he said, trying to lighten the mood a bit and to get his head to stop swimming around. He began walking with her again, seeing the young girls' impatience with them getting down to the beach.

One let her wings shrink again once they had touched down, her arms crossing as she looked at Aeya and Mikke's faces. Her own smile faded for a moment as she guessed what they had been talking about. But she forced it from her mind, sprinting forward to run a quick circle around Tara.

"They are so slow, aren't they? C'moooon!" she called to the two other figures.

_____

Raz sighed in quiet relief as he and Aurora materialized neatly at the transportation bay in New York City. They stepped out of the way so that others could use the pad they had just been on, then checked over themselves to make sure nothing was missing. As usual, nothing was, but it was better to be safe than sorry about such things. He looked at Aurora carefully, brushing her white hair from her face to look at her. The cruise ship, once it had gotten back to the main galaxy, wouldn't have docked at Earth for another month.

So they had decided to transport back to Earth rather than wait any longer. It was a risky move at such a distance.

"I am fine," Aurora assured him, giving him a quick kiss before linking her arm with his as they began to shift through the crowd to get outside. "It does feel good to be back on Earth, though."

Raz nodded in agreement, being careful as he lead Aurora outside the large building. He stepped onto the moving path that lead toward Central Park and wrapped his arm around his wife's waist. The fresh breeze brushed through his hair, and slowly, a smile came to his lips. They rode in silence until they were among the trees, then they stepped off of the moving path.

They found an empty, secluded bench underneath a tree and sat, resting. Aurora laid her head against his shoulder, drifting off to sleep. Raz watched her for a while, then looked up into the dancing leaves. The feeling wouldn't leave him...something was going to happen. And soon.

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

Aeya smiled, her sapphire eyes sparkling, “Yes, I would say our group definitely has its talents! Speaking of which, have you been working with your’s over the years? With being able to control it better and so on?” She was thankful that he had changed the subject, it wouldn’t be wise for any of them to ruin this beautiful day. Even still, her heart still ached with the news Mikke had told her.

Finally the two of them reached the opening to the beach, the sun beating down on the sand making it just bearable to step on. Glancing over at Mikke she smiled, “Do you remember how to swim? It’s been a couple of years since our last lesson.” As she spoke, her eyes wandered over their surroundings. The waves seemed calmer than they had in quite some time which let the half-mermaid relax about letting the two girls swim. She was also curious to see if Mikke would go into the water, since he’d been so uncomfortable with it before. Maybe I should stay out of the water too if he doesn’t go in. I don’t want to leave him here alone, that would be unfair and rude!

Tara was happy to see that Aeya and Mikke had finally arrived. Slipping her oversized t-shirt over her head, she tossed it onto the sand and began eyeing where her entry point would be into the water. Aeya had made sure to sure her where all the clear areas were, so that the young girl wouldn’t harm herself while playing. The young girl was just about to run in, when something came to mind. Super excited, she turned around and looked from One to Aeya.

“Hey Aeya! Can you show One your magic trick?! Pleeeeeease?” The child could hardly contain herself. Tara had been shown this ‘trick’ the other day when Aeya and her had spent the day at the beach. She wanted One to see it since her new friend had been nice enough to give her her first experience of flying.

At first, Aeya just stared at the young girl confused. She had no idea what she was talking about, so she just stared as the two of them got closer. When the four of them were finally standing together, it dawned on her and she laughed.

“I don’t know Tara, if Mikke didn’t want to go in the water, I was going to stay out and keep him company so he wasn’t alone. Maybe later though, okay?” Tara was a little bummed by her older friend’s response, but it didn’t take long before she cheered up.

“Okay! As long as you get to show her some time!” She turned to One, her eyes sparkling, “It is soooo cool. I can’t even tell you about it because I want it to be a surprise! You will love it! But let’s go swim!” Tara barely finished speaking before taking off, leaving everyone else behind, watching with amused expressions.

Meive stared at the hot soup in the bowl in front of him. He’d made it in hopes of getting an appetite and forcing himself to eat, at least a few bites. But looking at it now the feeling of nausea got worse. I have to eat something…it’s been at least five days since there’s been anything in my stomach, and I don’t want to keep vomiting stomach acid…so let’s get this over with… He grabbed the spoon and stared at the broth and vegetables. Sighing he filled his utensil and closed his eyes. It went down smooth, and for a moment he felt back to normal. He took a few more spoonfuls although going really slow so his stomach wouldn’t go into shock from the food that entered it. Maybe I can do this after all…

Cel stood up and stretched with a satisfied look on his face. He’d been fortunate enough to be able to find all six of the people he’d been searching for. The last two had only shown up on his final sweep around, which he was relieved about, because his first thought had been that they now lived on another planet. Now that I have them, and know where they are, I have to hurry up and figure out a way to get them together. His teal eyes looked straight ahead, distant as his thoughts tried to plan something. When he finally blinked, the young man kneeled and closed his eyes.

Please let this work.

The shadowed room seemed to throb with an evil presence, as though the air itself was trying to escape the chamber. It was nearly impossible to see what the room really looked like, darkness falling on everything except the door. Suddenly the door slid to one side and a uniformed figure took a small step inside. Their head was bowed, an arm held across the chest in a salute. From that angle, it wasn’t possible to tell what the sex of the person was, their position remaining the same, as though they were waiting.

“Commander, we have been unable to track down the child. He appears to have disappeared off the planetary radar.” The voice revealed that the figure was actually a male, probably no older than mid to late twenties. When he finished speaking, only silence was his answer. As the time passed by, the youth began shuffling. It was obvious that the lack of noise in the chamber was not a good sign.

”We are not going to worry about the child any longer. He is not as important. We need to find this Cornerstone. That is the new task,” The voice sounded like the mix between human and the growl of an animal. As the young man received his new orders for a moment he seemed relieved for the noise. But just as soon as he relaxed, he tensed up again.

“Commander, where would you have us begin our search for them? There are hundreds of planets…” A roar filled the chamber as the young man flinched and was barely able to prevent himself from leaving. But that would have been the worst thing to do in his situation, so his feet remained glued to the floor.

”The deity Cel that we captured lived on the planet Earth in Galaxy 582, so we will begin our search there. And Glin, do not fail.” The invisible creature’s last words echoed within the mind of the youth as he bowed and left, sweat dripping down his face as he finally looked up. His green eyes were swimming with fear and determination. There was no way he would, unless he wanted to lose his life.
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul

When they reached the beach, Mikke hesitated. He heard what the girls were saying, but it didn't really register as he watched the calm waves inch up the shoreline before pulling back again. He hadn't gone swimming ever since Aeya had began to teach him now. Sure, he wasn't too worried about shocking anyone. His power was still a bit unstable, but it was a lot better tan how it use to be.

He zoned back in when One cheered and jumped into the water after making her wings shrink back down again. At least she could swim. Mikke glanced at Aeya, then back to the water, suddenly feeling nervous. He wasn't the type of bird who liked to swim, apparently.

"I....I do think I'll sit this one out," he confessed. "But don't feel obliged to stay out of the water for me, Aeya." he smiled fondly at her before settling down into the sand, his wings tucking back behind him. Unlike One, he never let his wings get that small. He always had them big enough that making them bigger in an emergency wouldn't be a problem. Call it paranoia, but it worked for them. One could get away with having them that small, but Mikke didn't like the idea of being that cutesy.

One glanced toward her brother, but didn't berate him about not getting in. She knew his slight fear of water and his lack of talent in it, and didn't feel like making it worse for him. She wondered what Aeya's 'magic' was, but soon got distracted with playfully splashing her new friend. The water felt so great, and it was nice to have a friend after she had shut out people for a long time.

(Sorry about the shortness, there's just not much else I can post on the others that wouldn't bore ya XD)

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

(I hope this is enough for you to go off of. :) If not, then let me know. )

Aeya smiled back at Mikke who was now seated in the sand next to her. Dropping the beach bag and spreading out a large sheet to serve as a base, she sat down next to him and stretched.

“I don’t mind, I can go swimming any time! It’s not often I get to hang out with you, so I’m perfectly content with just sitting here, or laying.” When she finished stretching, she lay back on the sheet and looked up at the sky, nearly losing herself in the magnificent light blue and the pearly white clouds. As her eyes began seeing spots from looking around the sun for too long, she turned her head to the side and tried focusing them on the youth sitting next to her.

“You can sit on the blanket too if you want. Helps reduce the amount of sand that gets stuck to us,” Her right arm slid across the sheet’s surface as an invitation, “It’s an old sheet so yo—“

”…Come…Aenxye…”

Aeya snapped to attention immediately, as she sat back up and stared out at the ocean. She hadn’t heard that voice in almost a year so she had finally reasoned that it was all her imagination, but hearing it again made her certain that it was no voice her mind had created. The sound of it seemed to reach some unknown cord in her body, although every time she tried to focus on it, it would vanish. This time was no exception. Her sapphire eyes remained on the ocean’s cerulean surface, waiting to see if anything would reveal itself to her. Minutes passed by and there was nothing. The half-mermaid finally managed to put it to the back of her mind, as she broke her intense gaze and got ready to lay back down.

” …Come…Aenxye…Awaken who you truly are…” Once again Aeya became alert, and fear washed through her. The voice continued to echo in her thoughts for a short time longer. What freaked her out the most was that it had said more than just the usual. Awaken what? What is this voice? Or rather, who does it belong too… When she waited to hear it again, there was nothing, and it remained that way. It took a little while before Aeya became relaxed again, and she tried her best to hide her paranoia from Mikke, not wanting to ruin their time together.

Meive stood in front of the sink and finished washing his soup mess. He hadn’t been able to eat it all, and he definitely didn’t want to force it down, so he took his time and managed to finish about one third of the bowl, the rest he saved for later. Amazingly he felt a lot better, his migraine having settled down at least one knotch.

When he placed the clean bowl in the drain to dry he took a few gulps of water before making his way to the living room. On the wall behind the couch was a large mirror. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw something. Quickly looking over to it, he furrowed his eyebrow when there was nothing else but his reflection and that of the room. Calm down…let’s not get freaked out… As he moved closer to the sofa, his thoughts began drifting off when again he thought he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. But this time when he looked, he was shocked to find a robed figure standing behind him.

Not sure whether he should move, he was going to try and face the person when he found that his body was frozen. Fear began etching its way into his thoughts as he tried with all his might to will his feet to move. The only part of his body that complied were his emerald eyes as they remained focused on the intruder. Suddenly the figure raised its hand, to reveal that the skin was barely attached to the bone, and seemed to look thousands of years old. Its hand slowly moved towards Meive and before the youth had anytime to figure out what was happening, everything went black.

The young captain sat in the café sipping her warm drink. She had been talking with one of her shipmates, and everything seemed alright.

”Lila…summon the power within…seek the power you can possess…” The strange voice rang out, and it sounded vaguely feminine.
Edited by StarlessNight, May 24 2010, 11:45 PM.
Posted Image

Megs
Member Avatar
H e a r t andSoul
Mikke was oddly touched when Aeya decided to stay out with him. He watched her as she talked, inviting him to sit on the blanket with her. But her words suddenly caught off, and she gazed toward the ocean. He sat next to her, that look in her eyes and face triggering a memory of two years ago. He had never asked what had been wrong, exactly. As she focused back on him, he let his hand come to rest gently over her nearest one.

"Aeya," he said gently, locking his teal eyes with her beautiful ones, "what is it? Please...you can tell me. Anything at all."

_____

As the day started to progress, Kita felt her mood start to improve, as always. As people always said, her bright nature always outshone the coldest of days. She bounded about, making sure her tail was not whacking into anyone as she served orders and took them. When it came to be her break, she settled down with a sandwich and sat at a small booth at the further end of the restaurant. Her now-peaceful purple eyes gazed out of the window into the sunny day, chewing slowly.

I wonder how the others are doing? Two years is a long time...

_____

Raz looked up into the trees, his long bangs shifting as his ruby eyes glinted in the sunlight. It was an odd day...like the calm before a storm. Aurora was fast asleep against him, no doubt humbly tired at being in a drastically calmer place than that of the cruise ship. He stroked at her dark red hair, letting the silky strands flow through his fingers like water.

The calm before a storm...part of him wanted to get Aurora to some kind of safety, but knew that she would have none of it. But he did have some leverage now. They had a future child to worry about, after all. He shifted his head back down to watch as people passed, either ignoring him and Aurora or flashing them smiles that said 'aww, cute couple!'.

Whatever was coming, he knew he would be ready for it. Somehow.

_____

Lila sipped at her drink, listening as Satin filled her in on things that had been happening at her 'home' as of late. Lila knew full well that Satin Anitas didn't have an actual home, but a large, wealthy family was letting her stay at the house. In return, Satin upgraded them on the latest technology and brought in her own income. She could have very well gotten her own house or a nice flat by now, but she preferred being with the friends she had made in the Mast Household.

Lila loved Satin; she was amazing to work with and gave her many advantages with her technological gift. Lila could almost sense there was something...magical about it. One day soon, she hoped to adopt Satin as her daughter. Now that she was settled down for a while, perhaps she could make it happen...

The captain was taking yet another sip when the feminine voice entered her mind.

”Lila…summon the power within…seek the power you can possess…” The voice rang gently through her head, and Lila chocked on her cocoa. She placed the mug down smartly, coughing. She glanced around, wondering if someone had possibly been talking to her.

No one had entered her mind ever since her renegade captain father, Durve, had tried to foil her and her friend's escape attempts. She hadn't used her own powers that much as of late, not really having the need, though it did come in handy when a problem arouse. But it made an alien feeling rise up within her. What....had that been?

"--Lila! Lila, are you okay?" Satin was asking, now sitting beside her and patting her back. Lila managed a smile, drawing in air as she gently massaged her throat.

"Just swallowed wrong," Lila said, but Satin frowned. Satin didn't believe her. But how could she explain to Satin that she was hearing things all of a sudden? Maybe she just...needed some good sleep. Yes, that was it. "Would you mind getting me some more water? That should help the burning." Satin nodded and stood, returning to the counter.

Lila put her half gold-and-orange gaze to the table, looking into the remaining contents of her mug. Summon the power within? Seek the power you can possess? What...was this?
Edited by Megs, May 25 2010, 10:22 PM.

Posted Image
xxxxGraphic Requests

StarlessNight
Member Avatar

When Cel opened his teal eyes, he got to his feet and looked around. There was nothing more he could do right now, he was going to have to wait until morning before he could plan further. As scanned everything in his immediate surroundings, he seemed to be satisfied with what he saw because he nodded his head and turned to move inside the townhouse.

Quietly he entered the bedroom, his gaze falling on the young woman sleeping peacefully in the dark purple sheets. He couldn’t help but watch her, as though he were transfixed with her slow rhythmic breathing. When he broke out of his spell, he moved to kneel next to her and brushed a few renegade strands of ruby hair off of her face. With his gentle touch she stirred a little, moving around so that the moon’s light fell on her angelic complexion. The youth had been lucky to end up with her. Never in all his dreams had he thought there would be someone out there who could stand to be with him. But when he met her about two years ago, she had turned his entire world upside down. At first he thought nothing of it, she was just lonely and bored trapped in that bunker like place with the other Terains as they’d been called, but after everything they went through, it ended up that she had really cared for him, and him for her.

Cel sighed as he forced his eyes to look away from her. I mustn’t let anything happen to her, I have to make sure that the Cornerstone succeeds. But she won’t let me do it alone. Sometimes I wish she didn’t have the power to teleport anywhere, it gets so troublesome, especially when I try to keep her safe. He stood up and stretched. He would only have a few hours to sleep before he would arrange for Kerin and him to fly to America where it would all begin. How it would end up, he had no idea, but he hoped not that bad.

Aeya looked from Mikke’s hand on top of her’s to Mikke. A blush gradually crept its way onto her cheeks as she felt embarrassed. She’d been trying to hide it from him as best as she could, but he still managed to figure out that something wasn’t right. I’m not exactly hard to read though am I… The young woman sighed before looking into his teal eyes, there was no way she could lie to him.

“Do you…remember the time we found that beach on Iing two years ago? It after we had escaped the station…and you let me swim in the water. Do you remember me asking you if you heard a voice?” She felt absolutely insane for telling him. He was definitely going to think she was a nutcase, but she needed to tell someone, and since he had been there when it first started, she thought that he would be the best candidate, “Well, since then, I’ve heard that voice calling me from time to time, but it hasn’t happened in more than a year…until now. But this time, it seemed different. A lot different.” Her thoughts grew distant as she spoke to him, unsure of what more to say. That was pretty much the story, and it nearly gave her the chills when she thought about it.

Blinking, her sapphire eyes focused on his face for a moment, before smiling. Squeezing his hand, she stood up and pulled him to his feet, “Come with me, I want to show you something!” She held his hand gently as she quickly strode towards the water’s edge, but instead of going into the water, she stayed just beyond its reach, heading towards the base of the cliff instead. Turning back to look at him she smiled and spoke, “Have you ever seen an eel?” She continued to look back at him while walking, her sapphire eyes lit up with excitement.

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sci-Fi · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Selene created by Pando of ZNR and GForce.