|Welcome to Twisted Miracle!|
We are a friendly Pokemon forum that would love to see you join! You see, you're currently viewing this Pokemon forum as a guest. That means you are limited to certain areas of this board. There are many features you can't use!
To name a few...
(A personal signature
(An avatar of your choosing
(Posting your thoughts and feelings in many threads
(Voting in polls
(Giving other members a reputation
(Our #1 feature though would be our Team System! Join a team, and over Shoddy Battle you will fight to keep your teams rank up!
^There are even more! If you join our forum, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features like the ones above. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member... Then I just wasted some breath... T_T
|Topic Started: Jul 10 2009, 04:42 PM (242 Views)|
|Kirbychu||Jul 10 2009, 04:42 PM Post #1|
This information might be useful: we're planning this to be a monthly or bimonthly (every other month) magazine. Stuff like "Smogon Weekly" is absurd, because we'd never be able to finish everything in time. Quality > Quantity. Let's keep submissions at a max of one name per person!
Deadline for Submissions
After talking with chaos, there have been significant changes to the deadlines. Everyone now has quite a bit of extra time to submit an article. We encourage everyone to take advantage of these new deadlines and write an article for The Smog!
April 5th - 1st Deadline
Deadline for "ideas" of what you want to write about. You must contact Caelum, Tangerine, or TAY and get your idea approved. The idea can't be general, like "I want to write about how Scizor affects the metagame", but it must be detailed, with sketches of arguments and points that you will be considering.
April 20th - 2nd Deadline.
Submission should be ready to go. The draft should be proofread for grammar, redundancy, and awkward phrasings. Guides with too many errors will be rejected no matter how good the content is. We will not proofread your article for you - although we might check it over for content. Feel free to submit it before this date so you have time to revise as needed. All submissions must be PM'd to TAY, Tangerine, and Caelum.
April 22nd - Artist Deadline
All art submissions are due by this date. This means comics, fanart, etcetera.
April 25th - Warstory submission deadline
Warstories are due by this date. Warstories will be PM'd to Stellar, who will decide the warstory to be featured in the magazine.
Best of luck, PM any of the staff if you have any questions. Deadlines may be subject to change by one or two days.
Article, Art and other Submissions Guidelines
This thread will help you get started with submitting articles and projects to be published in the Smogon Magazine. There are four sections of user submitted content: Articles, Editorials, Warstories, and Art. We need submissions from all of you to make this magazine happen!
The Smogon Magazine is recruiting dedicated writers to create articles that are not only informative, but fun and humorous. The following staff positions are open to the public.
Job Description: The writer will be in charge of producing a section of the magazine for every issue.
Requirements: A great command of the English language is a must. The writer must be able to write in an engaging and informative manner. Must be able to write concisely if necessary. Must be motivated and able to keep deadlines.
Applications: Applications must include your User Name, Age, Relevant Experience, and Writing Samples. You will also produce a five hundred word document that summarizes your experience with Pokemon or you can attempt to write one of the staff only articles. PM the document to users TAY and Jimbo
Job Description: Graphic artists who will work with user Bass and Lorak to create layouts and cover design for the magazine in PDF format. Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In Design, or any necessary products is a plus. Expect to be creating layouts for at least 15 pages each month.
Requirements: Experience with the aforementioned products. Moderate Digital Graphics experience.
To Apply: All Applications should include User Name, Age, and any relevant experience. Attach two pages of layouts (through links, don't use an image tag) with arbitrary content.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED WITHIN THIS THREAD. BOLD AND UNDERLINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Thank you for your interest.
|Kirbychu||Jul 10 2009, 04:43 PM Post #2|
Smogon Magazine Rules (Updated 07/06/2009)
Every two months, Smogon releases a “Smogon Magazine”. It contains everything from articles to editorials, and even has things like featured warstories and RMT threads. The project is being coordinated by myself and Jimbo, and we plan to make it as cool and amazing as a magazine about competitive Pokemon can possibly be.
Here’s the fun part: while we will have some dedicated staff members, we would like a portion of the content to be submitted by unaffiliated users. That’s right, you have the chance to submit content that will be published on-site be read by people all across the globe! But before you get to writing, here are some rules and clarifications:
* Your article will not be published just because you submit it. We expect it to be both relevant and interesting, and somewhat in-depth.
* We have editors, so your articles do not have to be perfect, but try to take some pride in your writing style. Articles with poor prose or an unbearable number of typos will not be accepted.
* Certain articles (such as the metagame analyses) will be written by our staff. Do not submit any of these articles. A full list is included in the guidelines thread, which is stickied in this forum.
* You may work on your articles in pairs / groups / whatever. However, we will not have multiple users working on different versions of the same article. If your article idea is rejected for this reason we will tell you.
* All standard forum rules apply in this forum. Do not think that this is “Firebot II”.
How to submit an article
1. Send a PM to TAY and Jimbo (that means both of us) which gives a brief description of the topic. It is encouraged that you also submit a summary or rough draft. You will not get approval if your PM is sent less than two weeks before the release date.
2. Feel free to write at your own pace, but articles must be completed at least one week before the release date (the release date is always the second Saturday of the month).
3. Upon completion, articles should be submitted to either TAY or Jimbo. If it is a CAP-project related article, you should submit the article to either darkie or tennisace. At that point it will be moved to a private section of the forum for minor editing and revision. If it meets our standards, it will be published in the next Smogon magazine!
Please title any article submission PMs: Smogon Articles - [Category] - [Title]. This will make it easier for us to sift through our PM boxes and pick out the correct messages.
/edit caelum: 03/05/09; Send CAP stuff to darkie or tennisace, Tang and I (not sure about TAY) aren't qualified to pre-judge that.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Fan Fiction · Next Topic »|