Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 306g Phone Topic
Topic Started: February 18, 2014, 10:05 pm (18,834 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* There is a new GSM Tracfone and/or Net10 phone coming out down the road called the LG 306g.

* So far, it appears to just be a feature (non-android) phone, similar in looks (and specs?) to the LG 840g.

* The Tutorials for this phone are now finally available ... here are the links below showing them.

* Tracfone LG 306g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG306G

* Net10 LG 306g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTLG306G

Turk B-)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TF Noob

I wonder if this means our speculation about the unannounced LG 305c being a qwerty phone was way off base...
I considered ditching my s390g for the 840g because button wear has made it increasingly prone to pocket dialing,
but having to use T9 for contacts and browsing would be annoying. It will be interesting to see if this is just the 840g
in a more rounded case, or if it will offer any improvements over its predecessor.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
TF Noob

I wonder if this means our speculation about the unannounced LG 305c being a qwerty phone was way off base...
* TF Noob .... yeah, I hear ya ... I mentioned this a little over on the "Straight Talk Coming Soon" topic back on Feb 1.

* Here is what I said over there:
Turk
(Post #216)
* And I see another new phone called the LG 306g ... looks to me that it might be a feature phone similar to the LG 840g.
* The tutorials weren't available yet to look at these two new phones closer...

* Here's a thought... maybe that LG 305c we talked about over on the Tracfone & Net10 phones coming soon topic
* might be the sister phone to the LG 306g? ... and the LG 305c just may be the CDMA version of the LG 306g?
* So who knows for sure if that LG 305c will be a similar phone to the LG 306g... but it sure seems like it to me now?

* Anyway, I can't wait to see the LG 306g tutorials to see if it's any better than the LG 840g, or even similar to the 840g.

Turk B-)

TF Noob

The tutorial is live. I'm still downloading the user guide but from what I'm seeing, the main differences between it
and the 804g are GPS capability and 5 home screens instead of three.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

TF Noob
February 21, 2014, 6:15 pm
The tutorial is live. I'm still downloading the user guide but from what I'm seeing, the main differences between it
and the 804g are GPS capability and 5 home screens instead of three.
And, here is the link to the LG 306G Tutorial:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG306G&locale=en_US

And, here is the link to the LG 306G User Guide:
http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8449/docs/306%20English%20and%20Spanish%20UM.pdf

ShadowDancer :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Glad to see the tutorials are up and running on this phone ... and from the looks of it, it seems kind of nice looking.

* It has a rounded, modern look to it ... and the rest of the specs are very close/similar to the LG 840g.

* I saw in the User Guide, it says this phone comes with a 4gb micro sd card ... the LG 840g came with a 2gb card.

* All in all, it seems this phone is just a newer version of the LG 840g? ... will people buy it if they already have the 840g?

* This phone also looks to just have a 3.2 inch screen ... why can't Tracfone put out a feature phone with a bigger screen!?

* This phone would be nicer if it had a big screen like 3.5 or 3.8, etc ... why stay at 3.2 inches?! (<-- is that a law?) (lol)

* Ps: I wish Tracfone would put out a touch screen feature phone with a 4.5 or 5.0 inch screen -- I'd buy one. ;)

LG TURKg B-)

TF Noob

It looks like LG still uses 3.2 inch screens on a few entry level androids, so the touch screen feature phones are
probably stuck in 3.2 land for at least another year.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I see over on Tracfone.com that this phone is now available for sale -- price is $50 -- and comes with TMFL.

* Tracfone.com Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=market=GSM4

* It comes with Triple Minutes for Life .. WiFi .. a 4gb micro SD card ... it's just a newer version of the LG 840g.

* So if anyone gets this phone, let us know your thoughts on it (is it good, or better, or the same as the LG 840g?)

kruT B-)

Below

Turk
March 19, 2014, 5:50 pm
* I see over on Tracfone.com that this phone is now available for sale -- price is $50 -- and comes with TMFL.

* Tracfone.com Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=market=GSM4

* It comes with Triple Minutes for Life .. WiFi .. a 4gb micro SD card ... it's just a newer version of the LG 840g.

* So if anyone gets this phone, let us know your thoughts on it (is it good, or better, or the same as the LG 840g?)

kruT B-)
Specwise, it adds GPS and a longer standby time.

Turtley
Member Avatar

Well it looks like they posted it like it's a mini android with the 3 buckets system of androids. Lol!

Posted Image

annepani

Turtley
March 19, 2014, 11:40 pm
Well it looks like they posted it like it's a mini android with the 3 buckets system of androids. Lol!
The posting has an error. The triple bucket system is in there by mistake.

Turtley
Member Avatar

^ I know! I thought it was funny though.^

Louise

The Tracfone version is Today's Top Value at Shop HQ with 1500 minutes/1 year for $79.98 plus $6.97 S&H on 6
value pays. The deal also includes a portable charger, phone pouch, car charger, 4gb micro SD card, and earbuds.

http://www.shophq.com/Offer/Default.aspx?OfferCode=445-070&icid=OnAirToday

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Louise .... thanks for the LG 306g phone deal info located over on ShopHQ (formery known as ShopNBC) ;)

* That's a pretty good deal for this new phone .... I saw a presentation of it last night on TV as well.

* The hosts said the phone bundle comes with a 3 year protection plan from Tracfone for everything in the bundle!?

* Example: break your phone - get a new one for free ... break your ear buds - get a new pair for free ... etc, etc.

Turk B-)

Tarkio101

Turtley
March 19, 2014, 11:40 pm

Posted Image
Do we know this is mistake for sure? They do sell the same phones with both double minutes one place and
triple minutes elsewhere, so maybe this is something new -- a variation that wasn't part of the minute bundle
on ShopHq?.. This is about the first non android semi smart phone to come out since the addition of the texts
and data to the triple minutes.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Shopcelldeals now has the 306G in stock, at least on eBay. $38 for just the phone itself. Will bag one later today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-306G-with-Triple-Minutes-for-Life-for-Tracfone-New-/

annepani

ShadowDancer
April 4, 2014, 2:49 pm
OMG! I was looking at ShopCellDeals eBay store, as The Sweeper reported that he was now selling the new
LG 306G, and guess what folks. ...The LG 306G is an ANDROID PHONE!!
According to ShopCellDeals, the LG 306G's operating system is Android 2.2. Good grief, that is Froyo which
was initially released way back in 2010! Looks like Tracfone has been rummaging through its attic again. (Sigh!)
Calm down, Shady. Catch your breath. That is a corrupted listing which combines 2 phones.

Read it closely. It says Samsung Galaxy Precedent for Telcel America. Not for the LG 306G. The Telcel America
Android stuff crept in there by mistake. And the LG 306G tutorial displays regular minutes, not triple buckets.
So calm down. It is not an Android.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

annepani
April 4, 2014, 3:36 pm
Read it closely. It says Samsung Galaxy Precedent for Telcel America. Not for the LG 306G. The Telcel America
Android stuff crept in there by mistake. And the LG 306G tutorial displays regular minutes, not triple buckets.
So calm down. It is not an Android.
Thanks, annepani, for the reality check!. . . I see that now. The listing is corrupted. I'm going to delete my previous post.

ShadowDancer :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Yeah, I feel safe in saying that this phone is just a feature phone (non-android phone), just like the LG 840g.

* And I bet it has just one bucket for minutes and texts and data use, just like all the other feature phones.

* But when Super Sweeper gets the 306g in next week, maybe he can shed some light on all of this for us.

* Sweeper .... when you do get the phone, let us know if you think it's the same, better, or worse than the LG 840g?

* Oh yeah, and while you're at it, maybe throw in some pictures of the phone to? (lol) ... thanks man.. ;)

Triple Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
You know, I will, Turk. The phone was just marked as shipped (I got it just after the deadline Friday, I think) so it
should be here Wednesday. I'll post some pics Thursday morning, I hope.

Soon to be "Super Grandpa Sweeper"

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Sweeper

You know, I will, Turk. The phone was just marked as shipped (I got it just after the deadline Friday, I think) so it
should be here Wednesday. I'll post some pics Thursday morning, I hope.

Soon to be "Super Grandpa Sweeper"
* Thanks Sweeper .... looking forward to the pictures of the phone, take your time though, no rush...

* Let me be the first one to congratulate you on soon to becoming a Granda ... congrats man! ... hope all goes well.

* If your daughter is looking for a name for the baby (boy or girl), I hear the name "Turk" is very popular these days. :D

* Ps: Dollar Generals have the LG 306g ($50) on sale for only $29 for the whole month of April, if you can find one there.

The Turk B-)

Tarkio101

I do not see the LG 306g on the dollar general website in their phone section or in their ads.

Did you see it in store Turk?

annepani

Tarkio101
April 9, 2014, 12:50 am
I do not see the LG 306g on the dollar general website in their phone section or in their ads.
Did you see it in store Turk?
It is in the Weekly Ad in the phones Section.. Go to the LG 840g $29 and under that (go straight down) in very
small print it says "Also Available for $29" LG 306g SKU 13870501. This price does not appear to be available
online, just in-store.

Tarkio101

Also available....they sneaked it in there on me, down in the fine print lol. Thanks. I never would have seen it there.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Tarkio101 .... yeah, that is where I saw the sale price, as annepani mentioned above, in the sales ad in fine print.

* Dollar Generals put out those Tracfone/Net10 flyers (online and in stores) every month for phone sales for the month.

* I haven't seen this phone anywhere in any stores yet... but I'm sure it's gonna show up in stores somewhere soon.

Turkio101 B-)

Tarkio101

You know guys, I'm not sure this phone is merely triple minutes. I now think it's "triple triple" (plus texts and data)
like the android phones. It is listed that way on the Tracfone website.. But Shopcelldeals is also listing it that way
in their listings, ie on Amazon, Ebay, and on their own website. If indeed it is, I'm in. I don't think I care for android
much any more, and I think I'd rather go back to a "dumber" phone, but still get some data for free. :)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
While everyone is expecting pics, and I would love to provide them, the phone has not arrived yet.

It was processed through the facility in Nashua, NH last night, so it should be here today.

"USPS, 2 day priority mail, in 3 days."

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Well, here she is... Have not cracked her as of yet... Will probably do so later today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

hpham
Member Avatar

Not seeing talk/text/data printed on the box, and there's a Prepaid icon to access balances stored on the phone, I'm skeptical that it's triple-triple.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Just an everyday TMFL phone. Does not have 3 buckets.

Tarkio101

Perhaps, perhaps not. Some phones are sold as double some times and triple other times. I will wait for confirmation officially before I decide.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Tarkio101
April 11, 2014, 1:26 pm
Perhaps, perhaps not. Some phones are sold as double some times and triple other times. I will wait for confirmation officially before I decide.
Here ya go... Just activated it.

Posted Image

annepani

Thanks for the pic Sweeper.

Tarkio101

Something official from Tracfone, I meant.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the pictures, they look good .... how does this phone compare to the LG 840g?

* Tarkio101 .... yeah, I still feel the phone is a normal TMFL phone with just a single bucket for Talk/Text/Data.

* Question for you Tarkio101 ... if this phone is a single bucket like other feature phones, are you still gonna
* go back to your 840g, or go with this new phone, or just stay with your android for now? (just asking)

Turrrrrrrrrrrrrrk B-)

Tarkio101

If it's not, I will stick with the android for now. But I am always seeing what else is out there.
The new 3.8 inch screen LG is tempting as I have been pretty disappointed with the Samsung performance.

I could probably do without the data altogether and stick with just wifi but I don't want to pay the same amount
for less value just to not use android.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Looks like we have a lower data rate. BW= ACT R=0.50. That's the 306's parameter 106.

Posted Image

annepani

Hi Sweeper. Does the LG 306G have airplane mode? Thanks.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
annepani
April 14, 2014, 11:33 am
Yes, it does. It can be accessed 2 ways: Through the settings menu, and from the pull down menu on the home screen (like the Android phones).

annepani

The Sweeper
April 14, 2014, 1:33 pm
annepani
April 14, 2014, 11:33 am
Yes, it does. It can be accessed 2 ways: Through the settings menu, and from the pull down menu on the home screen (like the Android phones).
This phone is looking better and better compared to the LG 840g.

hpham
Member Avatar

The LG 306G is advertised as having "GPS capabilities".

I searched the user's manual and there was no mentioning of the GPS. Is it just used to enhance locating in a 911 call?

phil1336

Perhaps I missed the answer but has anyone determined what Carrier / SIM Card TracFone has assigned to the new LG 306g?
Is it AT&T or T-Mobile? Shopcellphonedeals says the Carrier is TelCel America?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
phil1336
April 15, 2014, 8:39 am
Perhaps I missed the answer but has anyone determined what Carrier / SIM Card TracFone has assigned to the new LG 306g?
Is it AT&T or T-Mobile? Shopcellphonedeals says the Carrier is TelCel America?
Mine has an AT&T SIM.

annepani

The Sweeper
April 15, 2014, 11:06 am
Mine (the LG 306G) has an AT&T SIM.
Did you get it from shopcelldeals or tracfone.com? Or Dollar General? Somewhere else?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
annepani
April 15, 2014, 1:11 pm
The Sweeper
April 15, 2014, 11:06 am
Mine (the LG 306G) has an AT&T SIM.
Did you get it from shopcelldeals or tracfone.com? Or Dollar General? Somewhere else?
shopcelldeals through eBay. The 6 Dollar General and 5 Best Buy stores didn't have squat Saturday, but Sunday
morning, I walked into the CVS pharmacy in West Lebanon, NH, and they had one. Go figure... I am hoping to put
up my thoughts tomorrow, I have been quite busy with other things.

annepani

The Sweeper
April 15, 2014, 1:40 pm
shopcelldeals through eBay. The 6 Dollar General and 5 Best Buy stores didn't have squat Saturday, but Sunday
morning, I walked into the CVS pharmacy in West Lebanon, NH, and they had one. Go figure... I am hoping to put
up my thoughts tomorrow, I have been quite busy with other things.
How much was it at CVS? I find they usually are the most expensive.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I’ll do the best I can do describe my experience with the 306G...

Phone is a little shorter and a bit more narrow than the LG 840g. I suggest a gel skin case, when they are finally
available, since the phone feels a little slippery in my hand.

Screen is very bright and vivid, but I feel the touch screen is a little bit more sensitive than my Android phones.
You can customize the screen with whatever icons you want, but the bottom row cannot be changes. I just wish
I could center the clock widget. A little annoying. There is also an e-mail app, notepad, stock browser, and voice
command.

Games and apps installed. There are two demo games on the 306G. Bejewled and Tetris. Three apps installed
that didn’t come with the LG 840G are: Opera Mini 7.1, Facebook For Every Phone (will ask you if you want to
connect using wifi), and Nimbuzz (http://www.nimbuzz.com/en/). All work very well on the phone. All apps take
a few minutes to install (Facebook took the longest). You can get apps and games from the Opera Store as well.

Sorry I cannot produce pictures that the phone takes. It has been dreary here in New Hampshire the past few
days so an outside shot would just look all gray. Camera is a 2MP fixed focus, so you need a steady hand.

When you access the messaging app, and want to send a new message, the screen automatically rotates to
landscape mode, you cannot change it to portrait. I just wished that it would rotate to landscape when you go
to post on Facebook.

Longtime readers of this board know why I cannot do a test on voice quality, and the person I have to do that
for me is a little preoccupied right now (week 32).

Signal strength is very good. Where I work, I have one bar of service most times, but have never failed to connect
to Facebook or the web. Phone connects to Wifi great, and I did not get kicked off for the 25 minutes I used it, and
was not charged airtime, like some had reported with the other wifi capable phones.

Battery life, for me is great. I used the phone on wifi for 25 minutes, surfed Facebook and web for about another
hour off and on , and about a 12 hours of stand-by and was only down 1 bar.

Do I recommend the phone? Yes, but only because of the lower data cost. If data was the same as the 840G,
I would consider this a side step. The software on the phone (306G10c) feels just like the 840G. I feel that the
306G is just the 840G in a different frame. I still do not consider this phone to be an upgrade.. A true upgrade
would mean an all around better phone.

I know I have left some things out. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them.

annepani

The Sweeper
April 16, 2014, 1:33 pm
Do I recommend the phone? Yes, but only because of the lower data cost. If data was the same as the 840G,
I would consider this a side step. The software on the phone (306G10c) feels just like the 840G. I feel that the
306G is just the 840G in a different frame. I still do not consider this phone to be an upgrade... A true upgrade
If you can stay on wifi when you go into airplane mode, then that is an upgrade over the LG 840g.
With the LG 840g, if you go into airplane mode it cancels wifi.

Tarkio101

Airplane mode is supposed to turn off wifi.

So, this new data rate. What is the rate? I do not know what the parameters mean to tell.
How is the data deducted, and how does that compare to the 840?

hpham
Member Avatar

Tarkio101
April 16, 2014, 7:49 pm
Depends on how the manufacturer implements it.
On my ZTE Valet, Airplane Mode turns off cell signal (calls, text, data), but Wifi still works.

annepani

Tarkio101
April 16, 2014, 7:49 pm
Not always. It depends on the phone. Going into airplane mode turns off data so that if wifi drops, the connection
drops and the phone does not use cell data. Airplane mode in the Tracfone Samsung s390g operates this way.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
annepani
April 16, 2014, 3:41 pm
The Sweeper
April 16, 2014, 1:33 pm
306G is just the 840G in a different frame. I still do not consider this phone to be an upgrade... A true upgrade
If you can stay on wifi when you go into airplane mode, then that is an upgrade over the LG 840g.
With the LG 840g, if you go into airplane mode it cancels wifi.
Sorry to report that you cannot stay on line in airplane mode with the 306G.

annepani

The Sweeper
April 17, 2014, 8:52 am
Sorry to report that you cannot stay on line in airplane mode with the 306G.
So that is just like the LG 840g... Not an improvement over the 840g, but not a step down either.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the phone review ... you pretty much covered everything I wanted to know about the phone.

* Yeah, like I said before, this phone is basically a newer version of the LG 840g, with not much of an upgrade at all.

* Too bad this phone didn't come with a bigger screen, like a 3.5 inch screen, that would of been a good improvement.

* Anyway, I have a feeling this phone won't sell as well as the 840g (since it's the same phone) and will drop in price soon.

* Ps: I feel Tracfone dropped the ball with this phone, they should have come out with something different and/or better.

TuRkFoNe B-)

Tarkio101

Not sure if Tracfone dropped the ball, or if LG just stopped making the 840g and this is THE option now.
And touchscreen, wifi phones that are not android are fair and few between these days I think.

pjonthemount

Tarkio101
April 18, 2014, 1:14 am
Not sure if Tracfone dropped the ball, or if LG just stopped making the 840g and this is THE option now.
And touchscreen, wifi phones that are not android are fair and few between these days I think
You're right, Tarkio101. Basic feature phones are getting harder to find.
I would love to upgrade to an Android phone. Trouble is TF doesn't offer any GSM models.
In our area, CDMA just doesn't work. So until they do (are you listening TracFone????)...
I guess I'll have to settle for the 840's and 306's. :(

Tarkio101

Basic, very simple feature phones are sill around, but SMARTER non-smartphones are getting rare.. Its funny,
someone I know just upgraded her phone on Att and she was complaining that her choices were so few in the
non-smartphone category. I hadn't thought about it before, but the big carriers are really pushing everyone onto
smartphones and giving very few options otherwise.

phil1336

I Posted a few months ago the the days were numbers for the release of new Model non-Smart Phones.
Yes, there will always be a few $15 "Flip Phones- Candy Bar or Slider Basic Phones", but the newer more modern
Touch Screen (Feature Phones) will soon disappear. I`m very happy with my experience over the past year with my
TracFone LG 840g phone but since the newer just released LG 306g is priced right and seems to do everything just
as good or better then my older LG 840g, I`m simply going to grab one for $30 at Dollar General and switch over to
the newer edition. If I don`t activate it now, I`ll do it within the upcoming year. Triple the Minutes for Life and just $30?
If a newer/better TracFone comes out before I activate this LG 306g, I`ll simply re-sell it on Ebay and get my investment
back. At least, that's how I see it.

annepani

phil1336
April 21, 2014, 8:41 am
... since the newer just released LG 306g is priced right and seems to do everything just as good or better then my older LG 840g,
I`m simply going to grab one for $30 at Dollar General and switch over to the newer edition
Please post back here if you actually succeed in finding an LG 306g in a Dollar General store and what geographic area you are in.
Several people have commented that they could not find one in a store and no one has said they did. And the phones are not available to order online.

Sounds like a bait and switch. Force you into the store to buy one, then they have none and while you are there, try to get you to buy something else.

LMP127

This phone is being sold on HSN in a bundle with 1 year service and 1500 minutes (500 tripled) for $79.95.

annepani

Has anyone seen the LG 306g in a Dollar General store for $29? I have several phones with thousands of minutes
and several years expiration so I am not interested in any package that includes minutes (unless it is also for $29).
I just want the phone at the cheapest possible price.

Dollar General advertises it in select stores for $29 but no one has seen it in any store and it is not available online.

shopcelldeals/ebay has it for $39 free shipping no tax, but that is not $29.

tracfone.com has it for $49 plus tax. Not interested at that price.

phil1336

I am in South Florida and I agree... I have called a dozen or more Dollar General Stores and (none) have this Phone!
Best deal is Shopcelldeal.com on Ebay. Grab one for $49 which includes a 200 Minute Refill Card. For just $10 more
then the Phone for $39 you get a 200 Minute Refill Card which "triples" to 600 Minutes and the Card itself is worth $32
and your getting it for just $10 more then the Phone by itself!

annepani

phil1336
April 23, 2014, 7:05 pm
I am in South Florida and I agree... I have called a dozen or more Dollar General Stores and (none) have this Phone!
Best deal is Shopcelldeal.com on Ebay. Grab one for $49 which includes a 200 Minute Refill Card. For just $10 more
then the Phone for $39 you get a 200 Minute Refill Card which "triples" to 600 Minutes and the Card itself is worth $32
and your getting it for just $10 more then the Phone by itself!
Shopcelldeals has the phone alone on ebay for $37.99 no shipping no tax. Adding the tax at Dollar General would
bring it up to $32 so only a $6 difference.

And as I have said, I don't need any minutes. I have thousands.

phil1336

Now that TracFone is soon to release its new LG 305c, which is basically identical to the LG 306g, except its a
CDMA Phone probably using Verizon, not sure if I`d rather wait a little longer for that Model instead, just saying.
All the same feature (minus) Instant Messaging and E-mail on the LG 305c.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I stopped by one of my K-Mart stores today ... and look at what I happened to see out for the first time ever!
* The new Net10 LG 306g -- price was $60 ... and they also had the new Tracfone LG 306g -- price was $50.
* Anyway, I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 (Samsung s380c) on me -- so I took a few quick pictures of it.

* It's now for sale on Net10.com for $40: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?=market=GSM4

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3 B-)

pjonthemount

Check out ShopCellDeals... They're selling the LG 306G with 600 minutes for $50 bucks.
OK, 600 minutes, or a 200 minute card tripled, sells for $32.
You have to buy minutes eventually, right?
That means the cost of the phone is only $18 ... How can you go wrong?

phil1336

Your correct but if you already have accumulated thousands of Minutes of Air Time over the years like Annepani and
I have, all we need is just the Phone! ... Of course, you could always (re-sell) the 200 Minute Refill card on Ebay and
get most of your money back if you wanted to go through the hassle. I`m going to wait a few more weeks and see the
price drop. Once the LG 305c is in stock and selling along side the LG 306g, watch for a $29 price, IMO.

weiden1

I am interested in this phone. Currently using the LG 840G but prefer a phone with the rounded corners.

To those of you who have this phone: has anyone notice any problems (i.e. the constant locking with the LG 800)?

Do you know if the alarm will sound when the phone is turned off? I assume it is touch screen like the LG 840??

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The Dollar General in N Hollis, NH has 3 of the Tracfone version of the 306G in stock.

pjonthemount

Here's a question for everyone that has the 306...
What is the little thing to the left of the earpiece and LG symbol?

It kinda looks like a small lens or something.
Couldn't find anything in the user's manual about it. Almost looks like a forward camera.

Anybody???

hpham
Member Avatar

pjonthemount
April 27, 2014, 7:55 pm
What is the little thing to the left of the earpiece and LG symbol? It kinda looks like a small lens or something.
Couldn't find anything in the user's manual about it. Almost looks like a forward camera.
Probably a proximity sensor or an ambience light sensor... Don't know how they're used on the LG phones.
On the ZTE Valet, the proximity sensor blanks out the screen during a call when the phone is near your body,
so your face/ear won't accidentally dial something. The ambience light sensor turns on the backlight for the
hard keys (return, home, menu) when you're in a dark room.

Tracfancier

Forget Dollar General, they charge tax and you have to leave home to get it.

For the same price:
http:http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-306G-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone

But for those whose requirement is for bundled airtime (200M/90D):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-LG-306G-600-Minutes-and-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone

Turtley
Member Avatar

^^ The second link is the better deal. Retail cost of a 200 minute card is $39.99 so you'll be getting the phone for $9.99.

annepani

Turtley
April 30, 2014, 9:16 am
^^ The second link is the better deal. Retail cost of a 200 minute card is $39.99 so you'll be getting the phone for $9.99.
It isn't the better deal for those of us who have THOUSANDS of minutes and YEARS of service days. Each. On several phones.

pjonthemount

hpham
April 27, 2014, 8:11 pm
Probably a proximity sensor or an ambience light sensor... Don't know how they're used on the LG phones.
On the ZTE Valet, the proximity sensor blanks out the screen during a call when the phone is near your body,
so your face/ear won't accidentally dial something. The ambience light sensor turns on the backlight for the
hard keys (return, home, menu) when you're in a dark room.
Makes sense...

phil1336

SHOPCELLDEALS on Ebay has reduced the price on the new TracFone LG 306G to $29.99 with Free Shipping included.
No need to run around looking for this Phone at Dollar General to no avail. Shipped right to your door with no Sales Tax too!
If you don`t need extra Airtime Minutes, its a great value! I believe that all his Phones have AT&T SIM Cards too.

annepani

phil1336
May 1, 2014, 4:33 pm
SHOPCELLDEALS on Ebay has reduced the price on the new TracFone LG 306G to $29.99 with Free Shipping included.
No need to run around looking for this Phone at Dollar General to no avail. Shipped right to your door with no Sales Tax too!
If you don`t need extra Airtime Minutes, its a great value!
I believe that all his Phones have AT&T SIM Cards too.
Tracfancier already posted this yesterday.
And shopcelldeals does sell some phones with T-Mobile sims. Right now they are selling a Motorola with a T-Mobile sim.

Tracfancier

This may not be the best place to post this, but:
I have not purchased through shopcelldeals.com, tends to be more expensive than at ebay, but here is a link from their
FB page for a 10% website discount.. With it the 306G is $29.69.
https://www.facebook.com/shopcelldeals/app_106171216118819

phil1336

Just got around to finally activating my new TracFone LG 306G Phone and transferred my minutes & service days from
my year and a half old LG 840g. I liked my old phone and think I'm going to like this newer one just as much if not more so.

Similar functionality, but a little better looking an feel with (rounded) corners and a more sleek appearance.. If you don`t
need or want a "Smart Phone" and the only (Apps) you want are those you consume before your "Entree", for $30, how
can you go wrong?

Tracfancier

Shopcelldeals has further reduced the price of a new LG 306G to $23.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-306G-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone-New-/141245195557?pt=Cell_Phones

mkriley

Has anyone used google maps and had the gps work to give a position?

If so, what version google maps and where did you get it?

mike

phil1336

Tracfancier
May 13, 2014, 6:56 pm
Shopcelldeals has further reduced the price of a new LG 306G to $23.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-306G-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone-New-/141245195557?pt=Cell_Phones
This LG 306G is a brand new Phone that TracFone just released that will undoubtedly be replacing the 2 year
old LG 840G and the price is dropping like a rock! What is shopcelldeals selling the LG 840G Phone for?
Something strange for a new Phone to be dumping in price so drastically this fast.

ThomasM

I'm still waiting for the comparison between this phone and the 840G regarding the different cost for using data.
I have an 840G and it really costs big bucks (airtime) to use 3G data!

mkriley

I also would like to know the data cost for this phone. I have a lg 440g and google maps sucks the minutes... thanks

mike

phil1336

Still no silicon or rubber cover/protector for the LG 306G yet? Several months and no Sellers yet?
They must be on Vacation in China right about now.

royalstation

I just found this post and it's very informative!
I'm looking for a new Safelink cell for my brother and I think this may be what I need. Safelink will not allow Android phones.

I have a few questions though and I hope you guys can help.

Can I create a direct dial on the main screen? This way all he has to do is tap it so that he can call me?

Will I be able to download a family locator app so I can track where he is when I need to?

Can I turn on GPS and keep it on?

Thanks in advance for your input, I really appreciate it!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

royalstation
June 7, 2014, 3:13 pm
I just found this post and it's very informative!
I'm looking for a new Safelink cell for my brother and I think this may be what I need. Safelink will not allow Android phones.

I have a few questions though and I hope you guys can help.

Can I create a direct dial on the main screen? This way all he has to do is tap it so that he can call me?

Will I be able to download a family locator app so I can track where he is when I need to?

Can I turn on GPS and keep it on?

Thanks in advance for your input, I really appreciate it!
I don't have this phone model, but I have looked over the manual.

There is nothing in the manual about GPS, so I doubt the phone has a GPS chip.

If it did, there would be a notification symbol, and I don't see any listed.

What it may do is run Google Maps, and use a cell tower ping to do a pseudo location, similar to what the LG 840G does.

Tracfancier

Shopcelldeals has further reduced the price of a new Tracfone LG 306G to $19.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-306G-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone-New-/141245195557?

Tracfancier

Now you can get the Tracfone LG 306G bundled with 200M/90D for $29.99...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-LG-306G-600-Minutes-and-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone

If you have received one from them, what SIM was included?

Tarkio101

A couple of things I have not seen mentioned too much about this phone. Sweeper did mention it has voice command, but that is a pretty handy feature. And for some people, essential. Now that most phones are touch screen, the visually impaired have a lot more difficulty using their phones without something like voice command. Voice command on this phone allows people to use a lot of the common features by voice.

The other feature not mentioned much/at all, is the new accessibility features that allow the phone to read out what is on the screen. In the settings, you can now set the phone to read out numbers as you dial, to read the menus to you aloud, to reverse the color for better visibility, ie white on black (useful for some eye conditions), and to set it to show large text. To me, these are great new features. The blind/visually impaired have not fared well in some of the newer technology, so I applaud LG for updating these features that really help a lot of people out. Sure, they are on a lot of smart phones, but not so much on feature phones or things that are affordable to most. Apple has traditionally led the way with these features, but Android has caught up. And while some feature phones may have had a few of these features, they were usually not all there, or geared for the sighted as a convenience more than to people who depend on them for access to communications.

Either way, for some people, these are critical new features in the lower priced phone category. Good job LG.

Tarkio101

Oh, the other nice new things are about this phone are the Opera browser coming with. And the included Nimbuzz allows free VOIP calls and texts over wifi. For Tracfone not to block this feature is really nice. Some may use it, others may not, but I think it's a step forward for them to include useful features like this. Bravo Tracfone. I think they are growing up a little bit and have loosened up a little on some of their control issues. BYOD, and now this.... Who knows what's next.

Just think, can anyone imagine software being preloaded on a Tracfone that allowed free voice calls and texts? Never thought it would happen. Change is in the air.

mkriley

Anybody have the data rate on this phone? .... anybody?

mike

annepani

mkriley
June 16, 2014, 9:57 pm
Anybody have the data rate on this phone? .... anybody?

mike
Sweeper posted the data rate a couple of months ago. It's in post 37. It's the old (cheaper) data rate.

Tracfancier

The $29.99 bundle 50% off SALE price must have been a one day price.

It is still on sale, back to the 33% off SALE price of $39.99, which is also for a limited time.

Tracfancier

Someone posted this in another forum...

I had some high hopes when I started reading about Nimbuzz being preinstalled on the new LG 306. I was a little disappointed to found out the free VOIP calls is only to other Nimbuzz users. You have to buy Nimbuzz credits to make all other VOIP calls. I went to the Nimbuzz website and I sent them a email asking about support for the LG306G and also the LG840G. Neither currently show under 'supported phones' on their website.
[UPDATE] I got this email response from Nimbuzz with 15 minutes: Calling is currently available only on PC, iphone, Android, Symbian.
Due to technical limitations on Java/Blackberry device we do not support VOIP calling on these device.

annepani

Tracfancier
June 16, 2014, 9:37 pm
Now you can get the Tracfone LG 306G bundled with 200M/90D for $29.99...

If you have received one from them, what SIM was included?
I contacted shopcelldeals. They said it comes with an ATT sim.

Tarkio101

Tracfancier
June 18, 2014, 10:11 am
Someone posted this in another forum...

I had some high hopes when I started reading about Nimbuzz being preinstalled on the new LG 306. I was a little disappointed to found out the free VOIP calls is only to other Nimbuzz users. You have to buy Nimbuzz credits to make all other VOIP calls. I went to the Nimbuzz website and I sent them a email asking about support for the LG306G and also the LG840G. Neither currently show under 'supported phones' on their website.
[UPDATE] I got this email response from Nimbuzz with 15 minutes: Calling is currently available only on PC, iphone, Android, Symbian.
Due to technical limitations on Java/Blackberry device we do not support VOIP calling on these device.
Just when I was praising Tracfone for being so open and including Nimbuzz. Well, guess my compliment it was unwarranted since it's not even capable of what I thought was when I commented. Nimbuzz is still a great app though.

Tarkio101

So, like asked before, what is the data rate?

Tracfancier

Tarkio101
June 18, 2014, 11:28 pm
Sweeper posted it earlier, he said:

Looks like we have a lower data rate. BW= ACT R=0.50. That's the 306's parameter 106.

tfuser19

Tracfancier
June 19, 2014, 1:06 pm
Tarkio101
June 18, 2014, 11:28 pm
Sweeper posted it earlier, he said:
So what exactly does "BW= ACT R=0.50" mean in terms of how many units/MB or MB/unit (KB instead of MB would be fine too) it costs one to use the internet (mobile data connection) with this phone?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.