Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Halloween is coming up this week .... what are some of the things you're doing for Halloween?
I'm going Trick or Treating.
I'm handing out candy to kids.
I'm going to a Halloween party / parade.
I'm doing nothing for Halloween.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracfone Android Balance App on Google Play Store
Topic Started: October 18, 2013, 12:36 am (4,971 Views)
tfuser19

* Please use this Topic to post info and talk about the Tracfone Balance App available on the Google Play Store.

"Tracfone My Account App"
My Account App - StartingPosted ImageApp - Me buttonPosted ImageApp - Balance buttonPosted ImageApp - Add Card buttonPosted ImageMy Account WidgetPosted Image

Tracfone has just released "Tracfone My Account App" on the Google Play Store which can be used to request
your Android balance from your phone without the need to enter your phone number or anything else, and it
displays the balances and end date too.

Note that the last image is from the Tracfone widget rather than the app.

Make sure you have WiFi (free) or mobile data (not free) enabled - that's used to send balance request - and you
have signal bars - that's needed to receive free text message containing balance values - when you use the app to
request your balances.

You still get a text message which contains the three balances, but not the service end date.

The other methods still work too.

You can also use this app to add airtime PINS.

NOTE: If the app and widget both don't work for you, use the Tracfone Balance link from your Android phone's mobile
browser - you will need to enter your mobile number. Using this website method requires either WiFi or mobile data be on.

You can also use the Tracfone Balance link from a browser on your PC, tablet, etc. Doing that will still generate a free text message to your phone.

====
If you create a shortcut based on the following template:
https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=111111111&input_esn=2222&balance_inquiry_button_selection=submit

where you replace 1111111111 with your Tracfone Android phone number and
2222 with the last four digits of your Tracfone Android's serial number

this will also show your balances and send the free text to your phone.

====
We came up with shorter link that appears to work better:

'https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balanceReq?min=3333333333&numberSubmit=Submit'

change 3333333333 to your Tracfone Android phone number!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sweetiepoosmom

YEAH! ... Thanks for following-up! :D

Now, all I need to do is figure out how to add a Widget. hehehe

tfuser19

sweetiepoosmom
October 18, 2013, 2:00 am
Now, all I need to do is figure out how to add a Widget. hehehe
@sweetiepoosmom,
Press the Apps icon (round with the 6 dots in it above the home key), then click on "WIDGETS" tab near the top,
scroll to the right until you find "My Account", then hold it down and drag it to your desktop page that has enough
room to hold it.

How was surgery?

Below

Thanks sweet Jesus. Doesn't work for me though, just continually tries to update my balance.

There was also a Tracfone app on the store a month ago, called like "Pay Tracfone" or such.

It was only findable by a search link referencing it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tfuser19

@Below,
They appear to be doing maintenance right now ....... try again later - not working for me at the moment either.
I've seen this before, so just give it a while and it will work.

UPDATE: The My Account app is working, but the My Account widget is not working at the moment for me.
Give the app a try.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

tfuser19,

I just installed Tracfone's My Account App from the Google store and they are asking for your phone number.
Did you download a different app? .. It wasn't any help to me... It kept asking me to type in my phone number
although it was already in the box. Evidently my Huawei Glory is refusing to divulge how many minutes it has,
so I can't make any calls. :)

tfuser19

@the Wizard,
I installed the app linked in post #1 on my Centura and it does not ask me for my phone # each time I use it.

runner

Tracfone Balance App Now Working!

I just installed the Tracfone Balance App and it's now working! - I was never able to check the balance on this app; it
would only give me "oops server error" every time, on two different Centuras and the expiration date would be wrong.

I saw that the app was updated 12/5, and now it's working .... For those who've had this problem, try it now.

Below

Thanks for posing that!

Mine stopped working like 5 days ago, up until then, it was almost flawless. It starting asking for me to put in my number
every time every time I opened the app, and it was totally unresponsive when I tried updating it from the widget.

I noticed that even though it was updated, Google Play didn't show an update for it... but now when I placed the widget,
it said setup and then automatically recognized my number FINALLY. I wouldn't have caught it otherwise.

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator
Member Avatar

Just downloaded the app and all works well. For now. :fingerscrossedsmiley:

Stearman11

Works here... Slow, but it looks good.

ThomasM

Wouldn't it be nice if Tracfone just allowed you to send a (free) text message requesting your balance and it would
reply with a (free) text message response? Sprint has this.

Snoozer

tfuser19
October 18, 2013, 12:36 am
"Tracfone My Account App"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tracfone has just released "Tracfone My Account App" on the Google Play Store which can be used to request
your Android balance from your phone without the need to enter your phone number or anything else, and it
displays the balances and end date too.

Note that the last image is from the Tracfone widget rather than the app.

Be careful that if you are not on WiFi, the app will use your data bank if you make a balance request.

You still get a text message which contains the three balances, but not the service end date.

The other methods still work too.

You can also use this app to add airtime PINS.
Does the widget use data or is it a shortcut only to the app? Also, will the androids put a balance on your
screen with your balance, whether it be BYOD or Tracfone's androids, just like the dumbphones do?

ThomasM

I discovered that the Tracfone balance app loads itself as soon as you turn your phone on.. It runs as a "service" and
it sucks processor time (a lot) which translates to battery drain even though you aren't using it. This is unacceptable to
me so I uninstalled it and will revert to sending a balance request via the tracfone web site. By the way, I deduced this
using "watchdog", an excellent android app which is worth upgrading to the pay version.

tfuser19

mroll

My Tracfone app didn't work on my new LG Optimus Dynamic 2. It just showed the total I had when I activated the
phone and never changed, even when you tried to update it, so I removed it.. I got it from Google Play, but maybe
there's a different one others are using.
mroll,
Do you get correct balances from website? When you try from phone app, do you get text message with correct balances?
Both mobile and WiFI must be on for Tracfone app to work correctly... Works for me.

runner

For me, the Tracfone App never worked until they updated it Dec. 5. I always got "oops server error". It didn't matter
how I tried to retrieve it: wifi only, data only, wifi and data, using widget, using app - all with same results.

I use the Tracfone widget as well as the app and both have worked every time since Dec. 5 on wifi only.

Who knows, maybe Tracfone will have another update and yours will work and mine won't. :)

mroll

tfuser19
January 27, 2014, 4:43 pm
mroll,
Do you get correct balances from website? When you try from phone app, do you get text message with correct balances?
Both mobile and WiFI must be on for Tracfone app to work correctly. Works for me.
Yes to the first two questions.. When I go to "My Account", it correctly displays the service end date on the "Me" page,
but on the "Balance" page (or on the widget), it has the wrong service date and balance. Didn't know that both mobile
and WiFi had to be on, but I just reinstalled the app and did everything with both on. No difference.

hpham
Member Avatar

There's something funny going on with the MyAccount app.. It worked fine on my 1st Valet, bought in mid-October.
Last week, I accidentally dropped that phone into water and had to buy a 2nd one. The MyAccount installed OK on
the new one but keeps getting the "Oops - Network error" and so does the widget. I've cleaned its cache, deleted it
and reinstalled it several times but no luck.

For now, I set a bookmark in my phone's browser to go to http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance and it works.
A bit faster than the MyAccount app used to be.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

I'm using the My Account app on my Valet and it has always worked fine with only Wi-Fi... I almost never have the
mobile network enabled. I'm very much interested in the L39C but, like some others here, I think I will wait a while
to get more reports on it and to see what else Tracfone may release as far as Androids go.

tfuser19

the Wizard,
Tracfone My Balance app requires either WiFi or mobile data to send the balance request and mobile network to
receive the text message that contains the balances.. If your phone is not receiving the text message after you do
a request, then the balance info did not get updated.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Just wanted to say that I removed the last 6 posts above from the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 phone topic and moved it
* here to the Tracfone Android Balance App from the Google Play store topic, where I feel it fits better, and it may
* help other folks out with problems of this "Tracfone App" .... you can continue your discussion here if you like...

* Thanks everyone for understanding.. ;)

Turk App --> B-)

ThomasM

hpham
January 27, 2014, 6:35 pm
For now, I set a bookmark in my phone's browser to go to http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance and it works.
That link works great for my android tracfone-and it's FAST! Where did you get that link from??

hpham
Member Avatar

ThomasM
January 29, 2014, 12:44 pm
hpham
That link works great for my android tracfone-and it's FAST! Where did you get that link from??
When I used my tablet to go to Tracfone web site, it switched to the mobile version which has touch options for balance,
add card, etc.. I just copied the link for the balance request.

ThomasM

hpham
January 29, 2014, 3:41 pm
ThomasM
January 29, 2014, 12:44 pm
hpham
When I used my tablet to go to Tracfone web site, it switched to the mobile version which has touch options for
balance, add card, etc.. I just copied the link for the balance request.
Very cool. I entered just the URL without the slashes (http://www.fastactportal.com) and this seems to be a special
website for DEALERS of the Tracfone companies! Too bad you can't do anything without a login ID (and my Trac
fone website credentials didn't work).

Snoozer

hpham
I verified by using your provided link: http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance Tracfone doesn't take minutes/text/data off your BYOD device! (i am using the Motorola Droid X2)

This is a link provided by hpham for checking your balance since all androids/BYOD phones with Tracfone doesn't allow an onscreen prepaid balance check which scrolls or stays on the dumb phones home screen. As in addition there is neither a prepaid menu on the androids/ BYOD phones either.

Not only can you use the link to check your balance but what i am trying to say is that whether you use this or use the check balance on tracfone's web page, tracfone sends you a text message to your BYOD/android phone. This text is free and not costing to the person owning the phone!

If you question the Tracfone Customer Service Representative about this, they are telling people that it is not a free text message to the phone!

JUST WANTED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THIS TO SAVE YOUR (Time(Minutes/Texts/Data) ). Tracfone is trying to learn this. I hope the will take what is being put on Turk's forums to better educate people new to Tracfone! Tracfone needs to because it give them better business instead of negative comments which drive consumers away and will Shorten the amount of time the Tracfone Customer Service Representatives have to keep the users on the phone during troubleshooting calls plus it's less stress for both parties. Come on Tracfone, give it a go!

tfuser19

I just wanted to reiterate that if you use the Tracfone My Account app or widget linked in post 1 of this thread to check your balances, you must have mobile signal bars visible and either WiFi (free) or 3G (uses data bucket) should be on.

I find it easier to use the widget and just as fast to get a response as using the web link http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance to make the balance request and receive a response. Another plus using the app or widget is not having to enter your phone number.

I have noticed that there seems to be a limit on how often you can make a request with the app/widget, so wait 5 minutes or so between requests if back-to-back requests don't work.

hpham
Member Avatar

tfuser19
February 7, 2014, 12:14 pm
I just wanted to reiterate that if you use the Tracfone My Account app or widget linked in post 1 of this thread to check your balances, you must have mobile signal bars visible and either WiFi (free) or 3G (uses data bucket) should be on.
I just tested this by running the MyAccount app with the phone in Airplane mode (no cell signal) and Wifi on. The app still retrieves the balances and updates the screens, but of course you won't get the text from TF until you turn Airplane mode off.

tfuser19

hpham
February 7, 2014, 12:41 pm
tfuser19
February 7, 2014, 12:14 pm
I just tested this by running the MyAccount app with the phone in Airplane mode (no cell signal) and Wifi on. The app still retrieves the balances and updates the screens, but of course you won't get the text from TF until you turn Airplane mode off.
The request is sent out using WiFi or mobile data and the response comes back over the mobile cell network, so if you're in airplane mode, you won't get the latest balance until the text message gets delivered after exiting airplane mode - you'll be seeing stale old data.

Next time, before you make a call, text, or use 3G data - make a balance request with WiFi/mobile signal on. Then after you used the phone and one of the buckets was used, make another request with airplane mode on/WiFi on and you'll see stale old values until the text messages comes in with current values.

ThomasM

Snoozer
February 1, 2014, 7:48 am
Not only can you use the link to check your balance but what i am trying to say is that whether you use this
or use the check balance on tracfone's web page, tracfone sends you a text message to your BYOD/android
phone. This text is free and not costing to the person owning the phone!

If you question the Tracfone Customer Service Representative about this, they are telling people that it is not
a free text message to the phone!
Text messages sent from 31778 (Tracfone's short code) are FREE on ANY Tracfone. That is the short code
the balance updates are sent from and they do NOT subtract from your text bucket on an android phone.

In addition, I received several "welcome" messages from this Tracfone short code on my LG 840G and they
did NOT charge me any minutes to read them.

_HighVoltage_

Okay, this is starting to get frustrating... I have not been able to check my balance for over a week now. It was working fine, both the app and through the Tracfone website, up until last week when I had to call in because I could not send/receive MMS, and there is no menu option to set up the APN manually. After half an hour the rep finally activated the MMS somehow. But since that time, the balance app has been unable to check my airtime.

I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with another rep and she couldn't see my balance even through her system. She just told me to call back later...

Anyone else having this issue?

hpham
Member Avatar

_HighVoltage_
February 18, 2014, 10:03 am
Anyone else having this issue?
I'm not having that issue, but find that using the browser on my phone or my computer to get my balances from this web page is faster.

tfuser19

_HighVoltage_
February 18, 2014, 10:03 am
.... Anyone else having this issue?
Widget just worked fine for me. Does the web link work for you from a PC and phone?
You are checking balance on phone with both WiFi (or mobile data) and cell signal present - right?

_HighVoltage_

Phone has cell signal and wifi turned on. Everything works. I've tried getting my balance from the webste mentioned above, and the tracfone website through a PC - still get an error message. Customer service is unable to see my balance. One rep told me that I have 0 balance left and that's why it's not showing (down from 1400 last week...yeah right). Phone works - makes calls, receives texts, data works. Balance...mystery. They escalated the issue and told me to call back in 24 hours to a special number, as they said it was a website issue...I doubt it.

hpham
Member Avatar

I just tried the http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance site at 8:30AM CST 2/19/14 with my PC and it worked for me. A poster ("rdhnick") on Yahoo Tracfone Group said he just got a Valet and got the Oops error at that web site. When he tried to check his balances on Tracfone web site, it said the phone number and/or the serial number he entered were incorrect. The problem may be in TF database, but certainly not with the web site.

_HighVoltage_

Update: 40 minute on the phone with their escalation team. First they tried to tell me that because it's a Tracfone Android (the Valet), I won't be able to check my minutes, I will just receive a message *sometimes* when I try to make a phone call or send a text message. The only way, according to the rep, to check my balance is to call and ask customer service, so I asked her exactly this - can she see my balance? No, she couldn't. She used another tool and 5 minutes later told me that I have 282 minutes left (down from 1400+ last week). I told her that it's impossible, and asked - what about texts and data - how many of those do I have left? She couldn't see that information in her system. She tried adding minutes just to see if it worked...it did not.

So as of now, it seems like I have a brick. It works now, but may stop at any point and there will be no way to add minutes to it. Or maybe I have a magic phone that never runs out now?

charmedangelina

_HighVoltage_
February 19, 2014, 11:09 am
Update: 40 minute on the phone with their escalation team. First they tried to tell me that because it's a Tracfone Android (the Valet), I won't be able to check my minutes, I will just receive a message *sometimes* when I try to make a phone call or send a text message. The only way, according to the rep, to check my balance is to call and ask customer service, so I asked her exactly this - can she see my balance? No, she couldn't. She used another tool and 5 minutes later told me that I have 282 minutes left (down from 1400+ last week). I told her that it's impossible, and asked - what about texts and data - how many of those do I have left? She couldn't see that information in her system. She tried adding minutes just to see if it worked...it did not.

So as of now, it seems like I have a brick. It works now, but may stop at any point and there will be no way to add minutes to it. Or maybe I have a magic phone that never runs out now?
Whoever "Fixed" the MMS issue may have disabled your phone in someway to do it resulting in the issue your having. You've tried the app, the widget, and the browser and still cannot get a balance update?

ThomasM

Oh, oh! You have fallen into the netherland known as "between a rock and a hard place".

First of all, there seems to be nothing wrong with the balance app or web address as I just inquired about my android phone and it came back as it usually does including sending me a free text with the info.

The server that keeps track of android TracFone "buckets" does indeed seem to be having a problem with your account. I would not let this one slip by without getting it fixed or you may lose minutes, data, or texts. Keep calling the customer service lines and if possible escalate the issue. Tell them other friends of yours (all of us here!) with android TracFones are getting their balances with no problems. Good luck!!

Turtley
Member Avatar

I have tried this app before on my Valet and find that it is an extremely slow running app. So I removed it and just used the web page to check my balance.

Now I have the new LG L39C I decided to revisit using this app. The app works but still runs slow as before. I noticed after running it the app suggested for me to install the widget. I located the widget and added it to one of my home pages and it works fast. It's funny that I just now found out about the widget. :huh: If I had read this thread I would have known about it. Lol!

Anyway TF has put a newer version on the Play Store a couple months ago.

Changes made to the app were:
1. Rendering fix for the LG 39C widget display.

2. Improved application stability and fixed crashes.

3. Removed unnecessary resources from application.

I'll give this a try for a while to see how it works out.

mharris127

_HighVoltage_
February 19, 2014, 11:09 am

Try calling CS in Miami at 1-800-876-5753. They should be able to get your issue fixed, they always have for me.
I suggest calling at 8am when they open because a few of us have publicized that number so much that you have a long wait for service during the middle of the day.

mikeysdad

I haven't been able to get my balance for 3 days... Anyone else?

Chuck

tfuser19

It worked for me moments ago. Make sure WiFi or mobile data is on and you have cell signal bars.

runner

mikeysdad
May 22, 2014, 1:42 am
I haven't been able to get my balance for 3 days. Anyone else?

Chuck
I just check mine and it's fine. But see if you can check your balance on Tracfone website? Is your phone in service?
This happened to me where I couldn't check my balance using app on directly on website; Tracfone wiped my thousands
of minutes but eventually restored it. Hope this isn't what's happened to you.

Turtley
Member Avatar

I got one failed to update with the widget at work the other day. I had two cell signal bars and a single dot for Wi-Fi.

I tried again and it worked. Just tried again at home this morning and it worked fine.

mikeysdad

Phone is active and working fine, just won't give me the balance. Shows #, service date ect, but doesn't do anything
when I press balance. Guess I'll have to check it online... Might delete the app and reinstall???

Chuck

Turtley
Member Avatar

If you mean the application instead of the widget.
My on screen app buttons quit working but I can select settings which pops up a set of buttons at the bottom that works for me.
I don't know why the on screen app buttons quit working. The widget has been working ok for me so far.

tfuser19

@mikeysdad,
As you suggested, try deleting and reinstalling the My Balance app.

The My Balance app and Widget both work for me.

I've noticed that if I make a balance request and get a balance update, then if I immediately make another
balance request - the balance update never happens. I have to wait about 5 minutes or so between requests
if using the app or widget.

When making the request using the Tracfone Balance link (see post #1) - there is no need for delay between
balance requests based on my experience - and a free text message with the balances will get sent to the phone.

Does the Tracfone Balance link work correctly from the phone, PC, or tablet work for your phone?

Turtley
Member Avatar

tfuser19
May 23, 2014, 2:38 pm
I've noticed that if I make a balance request and get a balance update, then if I immediately make another
balance request - the balance update never happens. I have to wait about 5 minutes or so between requests
if using the app or widget.

When making the request using the Tracfone Balance link (see post #1) - there is no need for delay between
balance requests based on my experience - and a free text message with the balances will get sent to the phone.

Does the Tracfone Balance link work correctly from the phone, PC, or tablet work for your phone?
I didn't know about waiting 5 minutes between requests for balance. Thanks!

The Tracfone Balance link worked for me on any device I tried it on.
Just enter a phone number and you're good to go.

mikeysdad

Did the delete / reinstall and got my balance.
Used the app 3 or 4 times before so really don't know why I had to reinstall, oh well it works again.

Chuck

annepani

How do I install the balance widget? I have the app installed, I want the widget. Thanks.

tfuser19

@annepani,
Try following the L39C tutorial titled "Show or Hide Widget Applications" or find similar tutorial for your specific phone.

tfuser19

@annepani,
Install the app in post 1, then follow "show widget" instructions. Widget is part of app.

Turtley
Member Avatar

I've been trying out the widget and so far have had no problems getting my balance stats.
The last couple of times that I've used it I noticed a battery drain from My Account widget.

Posted Image

It's nice that my LG39C provides a stop button for some apps or process which are running.
After I stop it the widget stays the same with my balance being static as it should be until I use the widget again.

The only thing I think may be running from the widget is the clock.
I'm puzzled as to why Tracfone put a clock in the widget.

I just did a test by downloading the app to my Valet and put the widget on my home screen.
The widget shows a setup button as it can't show any balance data since I haven't ran it yet.
Pressing the setup button launches the app.
It seems that the widget depends on the app and uses it in the background if only using the widget.
The widget updates faster than the app though.

tfuser19

@Turtley,
I forget about the My Account battery consumption problem.

I solved it by using Greenify https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify to hibernate My Account.
That solved it.

Turtley
Member Avatar

@tfuser19,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I just go into the battery status and stop it after updating my balance.
I can't figure out why they put a clock on the widget.

Anyway, I would like the widget be a little smaller or better yet have Tracfone make phones with larger
screens so the widget would fit nicely on it. :)

jaxpaboo

hpham
...For now, I set a bookmark in my phone's browser to go to http://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance and it works.
Never tried any of the apps or widgets. I always use the fastactportal link to get a text message with my buckets.
I like that I can compare my text messages to gauge how my bucket use is from week to week, month to month, etc.

Don't have any widgets because all of them seem to suck some battery life.

charmedangelina

Has anyone been having problems with the app and the widget? I had just bought and put a 60min card on the phone
using the app which had told me it was a success. I was waiting for the balances to update on the widget, but they never
did no matter what I did.

I went to the website on the browser and got an opps error. Today my phone went off with dozens of text messages with
my new balance. The widget never updated and when ever I request a balance the text message with my new balance is
very very late? Does anyone know if Tracfone is having some kind of server issues or something?

hpham
Member Avatar

I had the same problem yesterday (June 1st) morning. Got the oops error on the web site and the app wasn't updating.
Then 10 minutes later got 4 text messages with balances.

Turtley
Member Avatar

I got the :( OOPS Server error message several times the other day when trying to update balance using the widget.

One thing I found out is that the My Account runs all the time draining your battery. I have no problem stopping the app
on my L39C but it takes several hours before it shows up in my battery stats before I can stop it.

I was hoping the latest update fixed the problems with this app. I un-installed it for now until Tracfone fixes the program
which maybe a couple of years.

charmedangelina

Same thing happened to me 5:00am in the morning. I got 15 text messages with balances and the widget finally updated.
Seems like they were having server issues. How fast did it drain your battery? I noticed now my battery won't last even a
full day anymore. It drains really fast on my phone. I uninstalled apps that drained battery and it is still happening. Maybe
it is the Tracfone app that has been causing the battery drain after all.

Turtley
Member Avatar

It didn't drain my battery all the way. See screen shot above. I'm going to do a test with the widget on another phone
to see what's going on with it. On my L39C I have a battery drain that I'm trying to find out what is causing it. I'll report
what I find out about the balance app. I can't see the clock in the widget using the battery that much.

charmedangelina

Ok, for now I just placed a bookmark on my home screen to the website until I know for sure.
Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Turtley
Member Avatar

Click on Android system to see what is using your power. Also check the keep awake value.
You can also check running apps in system settings, apps, running. You lost most of your cell signal as
indicated by the yellow bar which will use more battery power as the cell radio tries to maintain a good
cell signal. It should be green.

Posted Image

charmedangelina

Turtley
June 4, 2014, 12:48 am
Click on Android system to see what is using your power. Also check the keep awake value.
You can also check running apps in system settings, apps, running. You lost most of your cell signal as
indicated by the yellow bar which will use more battery power as the cell radio tries to maintain a good
cell signal. It should be green.

Posted Image
Thanks I may have found the cause. It may have been the Avast security app.
I was reading google play reviews and someone mentioned that the Avast security app can drain alot of battery.
I uninstalled it and so far my battery isn't dying as fast.

tfuser19

@charmedangelina,
I've been using Antivirus Security - Free for a while now without any problems, so you might want to give that a
try if you don't want to run your phone naked. ;)

charmedangelina

I wonder if Tracfone has abandoned this app since there haven't been any updates since March. To me,
this app needs more improvements because its still very clunky and slow. Half of the time the 3 keys at
the bottom don't respond making me hit the menu key to do anything. After the factory reset I did before
that everyone knows about, I didn't install the app and the phone was working pretty well. I decided that
I missed glancing at the widget to see my balance so I installed it which caused my phone to slow down.

I think the Tracfone app may have been the problem with my phone the whole time. I looked at the battery
stats and the Android system was at 56%... I uninstalled the app and everything has returned to normal
Android system at 12% . I have heard stories of people having problems with this app. Could it be that some
of the issues reported with some of the Android phones actually be caused by this app the whole time?

tfuser19

charmedangelina,
I've seen the MyAccount app doing some strange things too and running on my phone when I would not expect it to.

You might be correct about the MyAccount apps causing performance issues with some Android.

I definitely think Tracfone could improve the app, but doubt they will since it kinda' sorta' works okay.

tfuser19

@all,
An alternate way to check your balance from any web browser without having to enter any information or log into your Tracfone account:

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=3333333333&input_esn=4444&balance_inquiry_button_selection=submit

where you replace 3333333333 with your Tracfone Android phone number and
4444 with the last four digits of your Tracfone Android's serial number

this show your bucket balances/service end date and send the free text to your phone.

I found that the text message arrives before my browser displays the bucket balances.

One could take a screen snapshot of the browser page displaying bucket balances and service end date.

Thanks ST Dog, for this tip.

PS: If the above link does not work, try clicking on this link first: https://www.tracfone.com/direct/MyAccount?directmyacc=direct
then click on the link you created. You should only have to do this once double link clicking bit once per browser if the first link
does not immediately work, and instead dumps you to http://www.tracfone.com .

tfuser19

tfuser19
July 21, 2014, 11:47 pm
@all,
An alternate way to check your balance from any web browser without having to enter any information or log into your Tracfone account:

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=3333333333&input_esn=4444&balance_inquiry_button_selection=submit

where you replace 3333333333 with your Tracfone Android phone number and
4444 with the last four digits of your Tracfone Android's serial number

this show your bucket balances/service end date and send the free text to your phone.

I found that the text message arrives before my browser displays the bucket balances.

One could take a screen snapshot of the browser page displaying bucket balances and service end date.

Thanks ST Dog, for this tip.

PS: If the above link does not work, try clicking on this link first: https://www.tracfone.com/direct/MyAccount?directmyacc=direct
then click on the link you created. You should only have to do this once double link clicking bit once per browser if the first link
does not immediately work, and instead dumps you to https://www.tracfone.com .
We came up with shorter link that appears to work better:

'https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balanceReq?min=3333333333&numberSubmit=Submit'

Turtley
Member Avatar

^This works for me! ^
It is a little faster but like you said we still get the text balance before the page updates.
I save my link to my favorites.

Thanks tfuser19!

tfuser19

@Turtley,
Glad you like it. Changing the http to https (secure link) works - so I'd suggest using that now.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.