Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C) Phone Topic
Topic Started: October 3, 2013, 2:29 pm (61,861 Views)
ciliegia

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* Attention Turkamaniacs: Tracfone Promotion Codes do not work with the new Tracfone Android Phones.

* Tracfone LG Dynamic 2 Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL39C
* Net10 LG Dynamic 2 Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTLGL39C

* Located in the Topics Forum: Tracfone/Net10 - Apps for Androids - we discuss different apps for android devices.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got off the phone with the corporate office and spoke with Danny. He told me that the lg l39c was supposed
to have come out on December 5, but that it looks as if it will be between the 15th-28 December. Why the delay"?
Seems there is a problem with HSN and QVC... his ultimate guess for the appearance of this phone we're all
anxiously awaiting: December 20-26.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

ciliegia
December 10, 2013, 1:51 pm
Just got off the phone with the corporate office and spoke with Danny. He told me that the lg l39c was supposed
to have come out on December 5, but that it looks as if it will be between the 15th-28 December. Why the delay"?
Seems there is a problem with HSN and QVC... his ultimate guess for the appearance of this phone we're all
Thanks, ciliegia, for calling Miami!

It certainly is a good sign that the Customer Service representative was actually familiar with the phone.

Let’s hope my prediction turn out to be incorrect!

ShadowDancer ;)

ciliegia

There's a PS here: I asked if any of the future androids would be on the ATT network, and his response was that
they would all be on Verizon...

hrhenry

ciliegia
December 10, 2013, 2:33 pm
There's a PS here: I asked if any of the future androids would be on the ATT network, and his response was that
BOOOO!

That sucks.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

ciliegia
December 10, 2013, 2:33 pm
I would expect that someday there will be GSM Androids on Tracfone; but the CS representative's response was
undoubtedly accurate into the "foreseeable future." And, that makes sense. After all, Tracfone is presently getting
its best (cheapest) 3G Network rates from Verizon.

ShadowDancer :)

Tech
Member Avatar

Video of the L4 II looks good. Typical UI but improved a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzO9z4RwfZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzqjsLRuGQg

ciliegia

ciliegia
December 10, 2013, 1:51 pm
Here's what I posted on the TF Facebook page:

Any news as to when the LG L39C will be coming out? It's been on your support page for almost 2 months.
What's the news? So there is no misunderstanding: Not the L38c, but the L39c.

Here's the first response and then mine:

@Sheryl Postman If/when there are new phones coming, we'll surely post it here.
To view our current phone offers, please visit our website at www.tracfone.com. Thanks. ^Janet

Not exactly an answer. When the new androids came out, they weren't posted on TF page or here for a few days.
Now, according to your home page (www.tracfone.com), under the support button where it states "learn about your
phone", the LG L39c is listed.

In a conversation w/the home office in Miami, they informed me, just a few days ago, that the phones would be
coming out soon. They guesstimated between the 16th and New Year's.
Can you be more specific?

Now, the all important response:

@Sheryl Postman The LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C) will be shipped on December 20, 2013. Thanks. ^Janet

annepani

ciliegia
December 15, 2013, 2:18 pm

@Sheryl Postman The LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C) will be shipped on December 20, 2013. Thanks. ^Janet
I don't have my decoder ring with me. What does "shipped on December 20, 2013" mean? Shipped where?
To the warehouse? To HSN?

But in any event, this is exciting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ciliegia

annepani
December 15, 2013, 2:54 pm
ciliegia
December 15, 2013, 2:18 pm

I don't have my decoder ring with me. What does "shipped on December 20, 2013" mean? Shipped where?
To the warehouse? To HSN?

But in any event, this is exciting.
Would, also, love to know the answer...and asked...but, as yet, no response.
It's still very exciting news...can't wait...and as luck would have it, I'm traveling that day w/o access to the
internet (Amtrak auto train doesn't have it). So, please post as much as possible when it comes out.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I just called a local BB mobile store to see if they know anything about it and the guy said if they are being shipped
on the 20th, it should be a few days before they reach the stores and to check back closer to the day for info.

ciliegia

phoenix1
December 15, 2013, 3:41 pm
I just called a local BB mobile store to see if they know anything about it and the guy said if they are being shipped
on the 20th, it should be a few days before they reach the stores and to check back closer to the day for info.
Just got a response from TF...No specific stores listed as yet, but suggested calling around, as phoenix1 did, to find out.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, I don't want to get anyone too excited, or fired up, for what I'm about to say...... but ...

* I was flipping TV channels about 2 hours ago, and I came across HSN TV selling bluetooth portable speakers...

* They were using a tablet and a cell phone to show how easy it was to hook up to that bluetooth speaker to play music.

* The cell phone they kept showing (up close) on the TV screen looked exactly like the LG Optimus Dynamic 2?!

* It said LG on the phone and had all the 4 buttons (under the screen) looking exactly like the ones on the Dynamic 2?

* So who knows, maybe HSN will be selling this phone soon in a bundle package, as some of us have speculated?

* Now, if this doesn't come to pass, and I am wrong, remember, I am just the messenger, don't shoot the messenger! (LOL)

T u 2 r k B-)

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I saw them selling those speakers too and I noticed the guys phone and thought it looked like a Tracfone too.

Okay, I just went to HSN and they had a video for the speaker, fast forwarded through it until I found a good
picture of the phone...what do you think?

Looks like it's an AT&T now that I have a chance to see the picture better :'( Guess we'll have to keep waiting.

Posted Image

Tech
Member Avatar

No, that's not it.

Also, I think it's the 440 model of anther LG instead of the 445 which then translates to the L39c for Tracfone.

That's a iPhone in the picture, btw.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Nice piece of detective work, phoenix1! . . . :)

-------------------------------------
Methinks that someone here on the Forums, who shall remain nameless B-) , is getting a wee bit antsy waiting
for the Dynamic 2 to finally make its debut.

ShadowDancer ;)

phoenix1
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
December 19, 2013, 1:54 am
Nice piece of detective work, phoenix1! . . . :)

-------------------------------------
Methinks that someone here on the Forums, who shall remain nameless B-) , is getting a wee bit antsy waiting
for the Dynamic 2 to finally make its debut.

ShadowDancer ;)

I also called HSN last night and the girl that I talked to acted like she didn't know anything.

She said it's possible they may have something soon, but she doesn't know when.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, first off, when I saw this so called LG phone on HSN TV, the woman hostess was holding it in her hand and kept
* showing it toward the camera a few times, kind of up close, so you could see it was an LG phone, just saying...

* phoenix1 .... you get an A for effort :) , but it was not a iPhone I saw -- that's an iPhone in your picture by the way.

* Anyway, I may be wrong (like I said in my previous post) since most LG phones all look the same, especially with
* the 4 buttons at the bottom of their screens ...... but if I'm right, you all gonna eat crow! (LOL, just teasing)

* ShadowDancer .... I know you're talking about me (lol) ... but I am in no way antsy waiting for this phone to come out.

* The only phone I'd be "antsy" for would be if Tracfone released that Blackberry Curve 9310c onto Tracfone.. ;)

LG Turk 2 B-)

phoenix1
Member Avatar

Turk
December 20, 2013, 1:40 am
* Ok, first off, when I saw this so called LG phone on HSN TV, the woman hostess was holding it in her hand and kept
* showing it toward the camera a few times, kind of up close, so you could see it was an LG phone, just saying...

* phoenix1 .... you get an A for effort :) , but it was not a iPhone I saw -- that's an iPhone in your picture by the way.

LG Turk 2 B-)
I got to thinking after I checked things out, that they do videos from different times of the 'Special of the Day' and they
probably used different phones. Too bad they didn't use one with the LG phone.

I'm on vacation so I'll be checking things out for the LG L39c today, if I find it anywhere I'll be sure to let you all know. ;)

phoenix1
Member Avatar

Have been calling around to the different stores and no one except Kmart has any idea if or when they'll be getting it.
K-Mart did say to check back Monday or Tuesday, so that sounds promising. It still hasn't turned up on the Tracfone
site either, and if you ask on their forum, they give you the run around and send you to Tracfone... it sort of makes a
person dizzy. - lol

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I sent an e-mail to HSN about the LG L39c and they aren't showing anything for it so maybe it's not coming out as
soon as TF was letting on. Any way, here's what the e-mail said in case anyone wants to do what they suggest:

Quote:

Regrettably, we have not been made aware of when or if we will be getting this new phone in stock. However,
if you would like to set up a when to watch on HSN.com, using the LG brand, you'll be notified of when LG
products are going to be aired. Chances are, you'll know before we do. That's what happened with the new
playstation anyway! (lol)

mroll

Any more news on this? ... phoenix1, did you give up and get a ZTE Valet instead? ;)

ciliegia

mroll
December 26, 2013, 1:34 pm
Any more news on this? ... phoenix1, did you give up and get a ZTE Valet instead? ;)
Although I am out of town, in southern Florida at the moment, I went to the local (and brand new) Walmart's in the area.
They didn't have it. I, also, checked with BB mobile...nothing.. So, today I went on the chat page of TF forums and they
claim it has come out with local retailers. They suggested Walmart... Frankly, they just gave the company policy as I
explained to them there is nothing out and that Walmart doesn't have it. They don't really know what is going on.

Hopefully, we'll see something within the next few days (or weeks or months or years!)

phoenix1
Member Avatar

mroll
Yep, went with the Valet. I got it yesterday for Christmas and have been playing with it since last night. I love it!
I'm glad I didn't wait for the LG.

mroll

phoenix1
December 26, 2013, 2:49 pm
mroll
Yep, went with the Valet. I got it yesterday for Christmas and have been playing with it since last night. I love it!
I'm glad I didn't wait for the LG.
I'm going to wait and see what the price of the LG is. I can get the Valet for $66 from shopcelldeals, so if the
LG is at $100, I'll go with the Valet... My 840G is fine until then.

Slivros

Gathered some more information from the FCC reports. Good thing they bumped up the confidentiality date on the rest of documents.

With that said, the internal photos of the phone reveal:

*Qualcomm MSM7627A SOC(System On a Chip)

• 1 Ghz, single core, based on ARM Cortex A5
  • Adreno 200 Enhanced graphics processor
  • Capable of stereoscopic 3D video playback
  • Support for cameras up to 8MP
  • Support for displays up to 854 x 480
  • More Information
Beyond that, this chip is just a slight step up from the MSM7625A, which from what I've been able to identify, is being used in all the other Tracfone Androids.

*Hynix H9DP32A4JJBC

• 4GB DRAM module
Had to do some research to confirm the size from another device that contains the same chip.

*LG BL-44JH (EAC61839001) Li-Ion Battery

• 3.8 V
  • Typ: 1700 mAh/6.5 Wh
    Min: 1650 mAh/6.3 Wh
A larger capacity battery for a device with a bigger screen and slightly upgraded CPU. No big surprise there. Should be interesting to see how the actual battery life fares against the Huawei, which has a 1750 mAh battery.

*There is also a Qualcomm RF transceiver chip, but its markings are illegible due to the poor quality of the photo.

In short, the phone looks be a slight upgrade over the other offerings currently available. Technically, this phone is capable of more, but it is effectively limited by its other components/design choices. If anyone was hopeful that this phone was going to be a big deal over the others, well, in all honesty, it really doesn't offer that much more. Unless you're interested in a particular feature of this phone, the other Android phones from Tracfone should perform just as well if not better at a lower price point. Assuming that this phone will retail for over $100, that is.

Personally, I will still likely get this phone, but I'll wait for a sale or price drop first.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Slivros
December 29, 2013, 3:43 pm
Gathered some more information from the FCC reports. Good thing they bumped up the confidentiality date on the rest of documents.

With that said, the internal photos of the phone reveal:

*Qualcomm MSM7627A SOC(System On a Chip)

• 1 Ghz, single core, based on ARM Cortex A5
  • Adreno 200 Enhanced graphics processor
  • Capable of stereoscopic 3D video playback
  • Support for cameras up to 8MP
  • Support for displays up to 854 x 480
  • More Information
Beyond that, this chip is just a slight step up from the MSM7625A, which from what I've been able to identify, is being used in all the other Tracfone Androids.

*Hynix H9DP32A4JJBC

• 4GB DRAM module
Had to do some research to confirm the size from another device that contains the same chip.

*LG BL-44JH (EAC61839001) Li-Ion Battery

• 3.8 V
  • Typ: 1700 mAh/6.5 Wh
    Min: 1650 mAh/6.3 Wh
A larger capacity battery for a device with a bigger screen and slightly upgraded CPU. No big surprise there. Should be interesting to see how the actual battery life fares against the Huawei, which has a 1750 mAh battery.

*There is also a Qualcomm RF transceiver chip, but its markings are illegible due to the poor quality of the photo.

In short, the phone looks be a slight upgrade over the other offerings currently available. Technically, this phone is capable of more, but it is effectively limited by its other components/design choices. If anyone was hopeful that this phone was going to be a big deal over the others, well, in all honesty, it really doesn't offer that much more. Unless you're interested in a particular feature of this phone, the other Android phones from Tracfone should perform just as well if not better at a lower price point. Assuming that this phone will retail for over $100, that is.

Personally, I will still likely get this phone, but I'll wait for a sale or price drop first.
Thanks, Silvros, for the latest information which you posted!
The info certainly helps to make one's decision as to whether to buy this phone, once it's released, much easier.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hmm, wonder if the upcoming LG Optimus Dynamic 2(II) L39C smartphone will have this feature . . .

LG to port Knock double-tap to wake feature to L Series II smartphones

LG has ported KnockON to other devices since the G2's debut, including the G Pad 8.3 and G Flex, and now the
company says that it plans to roll it out to even more of its Android-powered smartphones. LG recently announced
that it will bring Knock (the new name of the KnockON) to its L Series II family of products...

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/12/30/lg-to-port-knock-double-tap-to-wake-feature-to-l-series-ii-smartphones/

phil1336

ShadowDancer
December 30, 2013, 9:59 pm
Hmm, wonder if the upcoming LG Optimus Dynamic 2(II) L39C smartphone will have this feature . . .

LG to port Knock double-tap to wake feature to L Series II smartphones

LG has ported KnockON to other devices since the G2's debut, including the G Pad 8.3 and G Flex, and now the
company says that it plans to roll it out to even more of its Android-powered smartphones. LG recently announced
that it will bring Knock (the new name of the KnockON) to its L Series II family of products...

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/12/30/lg-to-port-knock-double-tap-to-wake-feature-to-l-series-ii-smartphones/

Perhaps I`ve been sleeping like Rip Van Winkle for the past decade but what the heck is porting "Knock" (double-tap)
if added to the next generation LG android phone going to do to make everyones life infinitely better?

tfuser19

phil,
From the link:
"The ability to double-tap on a phone's display to wake it from sleep may not seem like a major feature, but it's
actually a nifty little add-on that can be slightly quicker than having to reach for a device's power key."

What happens when phone is in my pocket?

ST Dog

tfuser19
December 31, 2013, 1:08 pm
What happens when phone is in my pocket?
Generally nothing.

The shirt insulates the screen from you body so it doesn't detect the touch.

Turn the screen out, away from you when you put it in the pocket, and you'll never get a touch through your clothes.

Eddie_E

Has anybody seen the LG L39C in any chain store yet?

My ZTE Valet is dead already after 7 easy weeks of use. The screen just went black even though it's not scratched
or cracked in any way. Incoming calls ring, but the screen is dead.

I'm not sure if I even want to wait for an RMA through Tracfone, as the WiFi on my ZTE way below average anyways.

hpham
Member Avatar

Eddie_E
January 4, 2014, 1:21 pm
My ZTE Valet is dead already after 7 easy weeks of use. The screen just went black even though it's not scratched
Have you tried removing/installing the battery?

Eddie_E

Yes, I re-booted the phone several times. I also left the battery out for a couple minutes between re-boots and ran
a charge cycle with my wife's LG charger.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Well, Eddie_E, sorry to hear about your problems with your Valet. Unfortunately,you're not the only one experiencing less than stellar performance from the Valet. I'm on my third Valet and it's beginning to show some of the same symptoms as the last one. Nothing as dramatic as the screen refusing to come on at all. Last night, however, it did refuse to come on for a while after I made some phone calls. The scrolling has become quite sluggish and uneven and Internet use has become a real chore. Sometimes it takes forever to open a web page, if it opens it at all. Once yesterday I waited 16 minutes before it could open a web page. Another time it finally opened the web page after about ten minutes. Each time I went to the same web site in a matter of seconds with my Nexus 7 tablet. It's still difficult at times to get apps to respond in a timely manner. Not uncommon to have to touch the app three, four, or five times before getting a response. And I continue to have problems with Google Now. Keep getting a message telling me that "Can not open mike" when I ask for directions or "The Google text to speech engine has stopped." While none of these are catastrophic events in and of themselves, the cumulative effect is such that I really hate the phone at this point. I talked with Tracfone last week about my increasing dissatisfaction with the phone. Their standard answer is to wait 24 hours to see if the problem goes away. Whether Tracfone gives me another phone (Huawei or Samsung) or not, I will get rid of the Valet. I've been hopeful that the LG L39C would be released soon but no one seems to know when that will happen, or if it will happens at all. I've had four LG phones and have never have any major problems with them, so I'm sure any LG smart phone will be of higher overall quality than the Valet. I've even toyed with the idea of buying the L38C (which Walmart has online), root it and install a third party ROM since it comes with only Android 2.3.

hpham
Member Avatar

The problem with text-to-speech engine could be fixed by uninstalling it. It will actually back out only the lastest update.

William Johnson

the Wizard
January 6, 2014, 12:58 am
I talked with Tracfone last week about my increasing dissatisfaction with the phone. Their standard answer is to wait 24 hours to see if the problem goes away.

I've even toyed with the idea of buying the L38C (which Walmart has online), root it and install a third party ROM since it comes with only Android 2.3.
The only thing that will go away in 24 hours is you. Nice why to get rid of you. Why would waiting fix the problems? Maybe clearing cache would help.

Also, I bought my wife a L38C and I hate it. I can only install a very few apps and it runs out of space. In fact, I had to shutoff updates otherwise, the problems were worse. The problem appears to be in the internal memory and how apps use this space for data. Regardless, do you think rooting would fix this? Otherwise, I would be avoid the L38C and wait for the L39C.

jaxpaboo

It's here..

eBay shopcelldeals finally has some:

Just phone (109.99):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Optimus-Dynamic-II-LG39C-Android-Smartphone-for-Tracfone-Triple-Minutes-/

Phone + 200 min card (129.99):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Optimus-Dynamic-II-Smartphone-with-600-Minute-Te-xt-Data-Included-Tracfone-/

William Johnson

jaxpaboo
January 6, 2014, 10:51 am
Well that's good... Didn't have to wait too long.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
They must have been put up after 6AM this morning, because when I checked, they were not there.
Not a bad price considering the Samsung is smaller, but cost more.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

jaxpaboo
January 6, 2014, 10:51 am
Thanks for the announcement, jaxpaboo !

I've checked the Tracfone website, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and even the LG website, no trace of the new phone.
Interesting that ShopCellDeals would be the first to offer it for sale.

And, I agree. It's not a bad price when you consider the prices of the first four Android phones that Tracfone has offered.

In any case, who's going to be the first one to try it out??

ShadowDancer ^_^

jaxpaboo

I wonder if a deal on this phone will be coming out on HSN soon...

I also just noticed that this same eBay seller has new (?) listings for Centura+400/1 year card for $149 and
the Valet+400/1 year card for $129.

I'm thinking of holding off until this seller lists the L39C with the 400/1 year card for a similar price. 3 months?
Still have 8mo until my current phone runs out.

casinorose45

:) Found the lg 39c on amazon.com and ebay.its 4.1 android jelly bean.3.8 screen..sells for 109.99 with out min.
or 129.99 with 600 min. seller is shopcelldeals. 1 ghz. 3g/wifi, 3 mg camera, no flash, uses verizon, google play..
much more. hope this helps. I was going to get the zte, but now I want to check out the reviews on this one.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Firstly, just want to say thanks to everyone above for all the latest Dynamic 2 news... glad the phone is finally here!
* I agree with Sweeper, the phone just started for sale on shopcelldeals today, for it wasn't there last night, I checked.

* His price of $110 for just the phone isn't that bad of a price... and so is the phone + card deal for $130 isn't bad either.
* I feel the phone may be about $130 when it hits the stores, similar to the Centura, and since it does have a bigger screen.

* I am really tempted to buy it now for the $110 (I don't need the card since I have enough minutes & service days as it is).
* But, I'd really prefer to see it in stores first, in person first, and I could buy it, try it out, and then return it if I don't like it.

* Also, in the meantime, maybe HSN or QVC may end up getting it and selling it in a bundle package, for a good price.
* So if anyone out there does get this phone soon, feel free to post pictures, thoughts, opinions, reviews, etc... thanks. ;)

T U R K B-)

casinorose45

Thank you so much for all your info..I too will be watching the lg 39c..I may get it on ebay on Jan.22nd..I was told
by a tech a couple wks ago,what i could do for the bucket min.since I don't call a lot, to buy a lower min.card, that
will be split up in the 3 buckets,then add a data card,and see how it goes for my usage. so think I will do that.
I'm just a minimal user on texts and data,so see how it goes.like the fact min.rollover..will keep an eye on your forum
here for more info on the lg 39c. thank you.. :)

hpham
Member Avatar

Your plan is sound... Don't load up too many units onto a TF Android until you're certain that you'll keep it.
I don't know if it's easy to transfer units from one TF Android to another TF Android, but you cannot transfer
units from a TF Android to a TF non-Android.

charmedangelina

Eddie_E
January 4, 2014, 1:21 pm
Has anybody seen the LG L39C in any chain store yet?

I'm not sure if I even want to wait for an RMA through Tracfone, as the WiFi on my ZTE way below average anyways.
If I could get the LG Dye 2 I would, but I'd have to wait until next holidays. :D Have you tried something called
a hard reset? I think it is when you hold the power button and the volume up buttons at the same time, but it will
delete everything on the phone or something.

I have had issues with the phone as well until I turned the lock screen off. Now the screen looks very grainy and
dirty which I have tried to clean, but no luck. Hope you have more luck with the LG. :D

mroll

jaxpaboo
January 6, 2014, 2:27 pm
I'm thinking of holding off until this seller lists the L39C with the 400/1 year card for a similar price. 3 months?
Still have 8mo until my current phone runs out.
I'm looking for the same thing because if you need a refill soon, it winds up being substantially cheaper.
I asked shopcelldeals if they would be offering a package with the one year card and they said it was only
available with the 90 day card. That could all change though.

BTW, does anyone know if you can buy a new phone, activate it with a new number, then transfer both your
number and minutes from your old phone at a later date.

hpham
Member Avatar

mroll
January 11, 2014, 6:36 pm
BTW, does anyone know if you can buy a new phone, activate it with a new number, then transfer both your
number and minutes from your old phone at a later date.
Yes, you can.. When I bought my ZTE Valet, I activated it with a new number, played with it for a week to make sure
I like it, then transferred my phone number and 2700 minutes from my LG 840G. The TF Androids are CDMA, so it's
no problem transferring the phone number at a later date. If they were GSM, then you would have to request/wait for
a new SIM card.

mroll

hpham
January 11, 2014, 11:55 pm
Yes, you can. When I bought my ZTE Valet, I activated it with a new number, played with it for a week to make
sure I like it, then transferred my phone number and 2700 minutes from my LG 840G.
Thanks. That's just what I want to do with the L39C as I also have an 840G with a lot of minutes on it.
Going to wait and see what other deals appear when some other retailers get the L39C.

ciliegia

mroll
January 11, 2014, 11:59 pm
hpham
January 11, 2014, 11:55 pm
Yes, you can. When I bought my ZTE Valet, I activated it with a new number, played with it for a week to make
sure I like it, then transferred my phone number and 2700 minutes from my LG 840G.
Thanks. That's just what I want to do with the L39C as I also have an 840G with a lot of minutes on it.
Going to wait and see what other deals appear when some other retailers get the L39C.
Pretty much what I plan to do...I have over 5600 minutes on my LG 840g and do not need to renew my minutes
until April.. But, has this phone shown up at any retailer as yet? I'd like to actually see it before purchasing it.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

The LG39C is being sold by Amazon for $109.99... Same device that we're referring to here as L39C.
Of course, that is not the same as seeing it at Best Buy or Walmart, but Amazon has very good policy
on returning items.. I've made many purchases there and had to return things occasionally. There has
never been a problem.

hrhenry

the Wizard
January 12, 2014, 4:38 am
The LG39C is being sold by Amazon for $109.99... Same device that we're referring to here as L39C.
Of course, that is not the same as seeing it at Best Buy or Walmart, but Amazon has very good policy
on returning items.. I've made many purchases there and had to return things occasionally. There has
never been a problem.
Was wondering why my searches turned up nothing on amazon... "L39C" returned nothing, just accessories.
Wonder why they chose to list it as "LG39C"?

In any case, glad to see that shopcelldeals is selling it on amazon, too. Personally can't stand dealing with ebay.

nicobie

Curious if anybody has bought one yet?

the Wizard
Member Avatar

hrhenry,

Not sure but Amazon probably went with LG39C since that's the conventional format for designating phones
from LG Electronics... For example, LG840G, LG500G, etc. Not sure how "L39C" got started.

mroll

the Wizard
January 12, 2014, 5:18 pm
hrhenry,
Not sure but Amazon probably went with LG39C since that's the conventional format for designating
phones from LG Electronics. For example, LG840G, LG500G, etc. Not sure how "L39C" got started.
Because that's the actual model number of the phone:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL39C&locale=en_US

http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/252610/docs/L39C%20English%20UG.pdf

Also, it's not Amazon, it's shopcelldeals, who is also selling on Ebay and currently the only retailer that has them.

hrhenry

the Wizard
January 12, 2014, 5:18 pm
... but Amazon probably went with LG39C since that's the conventional format for designating phones from
LG Electronics. For example, LG840G, LG500G, etc. Not sure how "L39C" got started.
I doubt it.. You get results by searching for LG 840G and LG 500G with spaces. It's just the L38C and L39C
models that you have to use the modified search term(s).

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, the LG Dynamic 2 is being sold on Amazon.com, it started a few days ago, and it's hard to find on Amazon.
* The phone is listed under their Amazon Tracfone Store for now it seems...

* Here is the Amazon.com phone link: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Optimus-Dynamic-II-Tracfone

* The phone isn't out yet in any stores... it's only sold so far on eBay.com and Amazon.com.

* From the looks of it on ebay, it's not selling well, only about 10 sold so far, so maybe the price will drop soon?

* So many Tracfone androids were sold over the last 3 months, and over Christmas, that is why I feel no one is
* buying this new phone so far, for they already have one of the other Tracfone androids. ;)

Turk is Dynamic B-)

mroll

Turk
January 12, 2014, 5:55 pm
* The phone isn't out yet in any stores... it's only sold so far on eBay.com and Amazon.com.
Which in both cases is shopcelldeals, the only retailer that seems to have them.

hrhenry

mroll
January 12, 2014, 6:30 pm
Which in both cases is shopcelldeals, the only retailer that seems to have them.
I find it odd, actually, that Tracfone themselves aren't even listing it on their own website. Aside from the tutorial,
there's not a trace or mention of the phone.

I would have thought they would have at least treated it like they did the Glory - they teased it for well over a
month with "Coming Soon" on their site.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk
January 12, 2014, 5:55 pm
* Ok, the LG Dynamic 2 is being sold on Amazon.com, it started a few days ago, and it's hard to find on Amazon.
* The phone is listed under their Amazon Tracfone Store for now it seems...

* Here is the Amazon.com phone link: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Optimus-Dynamic-II-Tracfone

* From the looks of it on ebay, it's not selling well, only about 10 sold so far, so maybe the price will drop soon?

* So many Tracfone androids were sold over the last 3 months, and over Christmas, that is why I feel no one is
* buying this new phone so far, for they already have one of the other Tracfone androids. ;)

Turk is Dynamic B-)
Yes, I agree with Turk B-) that many people did purchase their Androids for Christmas, so they are not currently in the market for another smartphone.

However, I feel that there are additional reasons why ShopCellDeals has only sold about 10 units to date:

1. A lot of folks who don’t regularly hang out on Cell Phone Forums don’t even know that this phone is available. The phone has had no real formal announcement, and it is currently only being sold over the Internet through eBay and Amazon rather than at brick-and-mortar stores where people could have a chance encounter with it during a normal shopping trip. . . . Heck, even the Tracfone website is neither advertising it nor selling it.

2. There are essentially no solid professional reviews of this phone –written or video-- yet, and many individuals like to educate themselves about a phone before they consider purchasing it. What are the pros and cons? Is it a phone that will meet my needs? After all, who wants to lay out more than $100 for essentially a “pig in a poke?”

3. Still others are simply waiting for the price to fall. And, if the previous four Tracfone Androids are any indication, the price will fall.

4. And, of course, there are still a few more individuals who have become fed up with Tracfone and its bottom-of-the-barrel offerings, especially with the recent introduction of the Moto G, which has set a new standard for entry level Androids, so these folks are moving on to a quality GSM phone and on to other AT&T and T-Mobile MVNOs, which offer pay-per-minute rates.

Consequently, I feel that it is entirely too early to tell whether the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 is going to be a big seller or not. But, time will tell ...

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Maybe another reason is that ShopCellDeals doesn't allow casual browsing of their offerings. You have to set
up an account and log in first... That really irritated me -- so much so I decline to do business with them.

tfuser19

Has ShopCellDeals listed this phone on their website yet? ... If yes, how much?

I'm not interested in registering just to find the price... Agree with Doc that it's annoying.

mroll

tfuser19
January 12, 2014, 11:19 pm
Has ShopCellDeals listed this phone on their website yet? ... If yes, how much?

I'm not interested in registering just to find the price... Agree with Doc that it's annoying.
No, they haven't. I agree that it's annoying to have to create an account, but all you need to give is a name,
email address and password. I have email addresses that I only use for stuff like this and sometimes don't
use my real name until I actually buy something... Their phones are almost always the same price on their
website, but since you can get 10% off a purchase on their website with the code "fblike", it's actually better
than buying from them on Amazon or Ebay.

Slivros

While everyone else seemingly remains on the fence about this phone, I decided to take the risk and order one.
I'll post an update when it arrives... But since it was shipped via USPS, that could be anywhere within the next
few days and the next few years.

ciliegia

Slivros
January 13, 2014, 1:02 pm
While everyone else seemingly remains on the fence about this phone, I decided to take the risk and order
one. I'll post an update when it arrives... But since it was shipped via USPS, that could be anywhere within
the next few days and the next few years.
Actually, I'm quite interested in this phone. I'm waiting, not as you say "on the fence", for my contract to renew..in April.
I would like to actually (not virtually) see this phone. Interestingly, TF on FB claims the phone is already in retailer stores
even though I have stated to them that it can't be found and that the retailers know nothing about it.

I am looking forward, also, to Slivros review hoping that it is as good as I expect it to be.

annepani

Slivros
While everyone else seemingly remains on the fence about this phone, I decided to take the risk and order
one. I'll post an update when it arrives... But since it was shipped via USPS, that could be anywhere within
the next few days and the next few years.
That phone is shipping USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail. In your case that phonies over $100 so signature confirmation
is required. You should have it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Their shipping statement is if the order is placed by 3:00 pm Eastern business day, it goes out the same day... I just
ordered the Alcatel A382 (with the 1-year expiration plus 200 min/90 day PIN combo for $29.99) at 2:57 pm Eastern
and the system is projecting delivery by Wednesday Jan 15.

I expect you won't have to wait a few years.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Slivros

While everyone else seemingly remains on the fence about this phone, I decided to take the risk and order one.
I'll post an update when it arrives... But since it was shipped via USPS, that could be anywhere within the next
* Slivros .... if your USPS is anything like my USPS around here, you'll be waiting a long time. (lol) ... heck, I'm still
* waiting for my birthday present from tfuser19 & Tarkio101 from a few years ago, they told me that the big bag of
* birthday money was in the mail... and I'm still waiting for it! (lol)

* Thanks for taking the risk and going ahead and buying this phone... I can't wait for a review of it, or info on it...
* I am about 90% sure I'll probably be getting this phone if it is just as good or better than the other Tracfone androids.

* And as ciliegia said in an above post that Tracfone reps on FB are saying this phone should be out now in stores...
* I hope they are correct and that it is coming out soon into stores, for I'll be looking for it at all my many stores.

* Here are a few simple questions I have about the phone maybe you can hopefully answer for me when you do get it:

1. How is the cell tower signal reception - good/bad?
2. How is the WiFi signal reception - good/bad?

3. How is the web browsing speed - good/bad?
4. Does it come with a built in FM Radio app? (even though it probably doesn't, I'm just wondering)

5. The screen size is 3.8 inch ... but how wide is the screen? (left to right) - the screen looks wider than normal.
6. The menu background color is white ... can you change the background color from white to black or other colors?

7. I don't think this phone has a speaker on the back of it... where does the speaker sound come from, the front earhole?
8. Can you tell us how the taking picture(s) quality is, even though I'm sure it's on par with the other Tracfone androids.

* That's about it, I guess ... and thanks for any or all responses, it is appreciated ... and I hope the phone is a winner!

* I have a feeling this phone may be the last CDMA Tracfone android we see for awhile ... you'd think GSM Tracfone
* androids would be coming next? ... I hope so, I'd like to see what they have to offer.. ;)

Turkdroid B-)

Below

Slivros
Awesome! Can we get direct screenshots of the Launcher and benchmarks?

You could do something like I did for the Valet.

ciliegia

Turk
January 14, 2014, 2:15 am
Slivros

* Slivros .... if your USPS is anything like my USPS around here, you'll be waiting a long time. (lol) ... heck, I'm still
* waiting for my birthday present from tfuser19 & Tarkio101 from a few years ago, they told me that the big bag of
* birthday money was in the mail... and I'm still waiting for it! (lol)

* Thanks for taking the risk and going ahead and buying this phone... I can't wait for a review of it, or info on it...
* I am about 90% sure I'll probably be getting this phone if it is just as good or better than the other Tracfone androids.

* And as ciliegia said in an above post that Tracfone reps on FB are saying this phone should be out now in stores...
* I hope they are correct and that it is coming out soon into stores, for I'll be looking for it at all my many stores.

* Here are a few simple questions I have about the phone maybe you can hopefully answer for me when you do get it:

1. How is the cell tower signal reception - good/bad?
2. How is the WiFi signal reception - good/bad?

3. How is the web browsing speed - good/bad?
4. Does it come with a built in FM Radio app? (even though it probably doesn't, I'm just wondering)

5. The screen size is 3.8 inch ... but how wide is the screen? (left to right) - the screen looks wider than normal.
6. The menu background color is white ... can you change the background color from white to black or other colors?

7. I don't think this phone has a speaker on the back of it... where does the speaker sound come from, the front earhole?
8. Can you tell us how the taking picture(s) quality is, even though I'm sure it's on par with the other Tracfone androids.

* That's about it, I guess ... and thanks for any or all responses, it is appreciated ... and I hope the phone is a winner!

* I have a feeling this phone may be the last CDMA Tracfone android we see for awhile ... you'd think GSM Tracfone
* androids would be coming next? ... I hope so, I'd like to see what they have to offer.. ;)

Turkdroid B-)
I would like to add a question or two:
1) how is the sound quality of the phone?
2) how is the sound quality of the phone on speaker?
3) is the ring tone (which ever you use) loud enough (especially if phone is in your pocket or in a purse)?
4) When you check out the web browsing, how is it after a few days (it should be great the first day or so) when
you have started downloading things?
5) When you downloaded apps, can you put the apps on the micro disk or does it go directly to the phone's hd?

mroll

Well, shopcelldeals has sold 16 of these now on Ebay. Between that and their Amazon sales, someone must have
received one by now. ;) I bought from them before and always got the product in a couple of days with Priority mail.

BTW, there's currently a $5 off deal on Ebay, so the phone alone is $104.99 and $124.99 with the 90 day card.

I am interested primarily in the sound quality, cell reception and browsing speed as compared to my 840G.
I would think that it has to have better browsing speed than the 840G, so if it's equal in the other two categories, I'm in. :)

hrhenry

mroll
January 15, 2014, 1:43 pm
I would think that it has to have better browsing speed than the 840G, so if it's equal in the other two categories, I'm in. :)
Actually, don't discount your 840G's browsing speed. I've compared it with a Centura (both using Opera Mini
(Mobile on the Centura) and they're pretty equal in terms of speed. Where android obviously wins is in all the
other media that's served up on the web (video, music, etc.)

But as far as speed goes, the 840G's not bad.

hpham
Member Avatar

Regarding web browsing, one advantage an Android phone has over the LG 840 is that you can pinch/zoom the
screen as you like, and slide the screen around instead of just up/down on the LG 840g.

mroll

hpham
January 15, 2014, 3:14 pm
Regarding web browsing, one advantage an Android phone has over the LG840 is that you can pinch/zoom the
screen as you like, and slide the screen around instead of just up/down on the LG840.
Thanks. That's a worthwhile advantage. That and the bigger screen helps make up for the lack of speed.
Just waiting for some report on the L39C.

hrhenry

Just noticed that HSN had this phone on sale, but it's already sold out.
They also weren't calling it the Optimus Dynamic II (just an Optimus), but here is the listing:

http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-optimus-android-tracfone-w600-minutes-texts-and-data/1089005

mroll

hrhenry
January 15, 2014, 4:04 pm
They also weren't calling it the Optimus Dynamic II (just an Optimus), but here is the listing:

http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-optimus-android-tracfone-w600-minutes-texts-and-data/1089005
I checked last night and it wasn't listed then, so I wonder if they actually sold any, or just added the listing as
"sold out" for a placeholder for when they actually get them in stock. Good to see someone else listing it though.

annepani

hrhenry

They actually are calling it the Optimus Dynamic II. Look further down the listing under the title 'What You Get'.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

mroll
January 15, 2014, 4:17 pm
hrhenry

I checked last night and it wasn't listed then, so I wonder if they actually sold any, or just added the listing as
"sold out" for a placeholder for when they actually get them in stock. Good to see someone else listing it though.
I've been watching both HSN.com and QVC.com quite closely in recent weeks for signs of the LG Optimus
Dynamic II
, and I can tell you that the HSN has NOT had that special posted. Heck, it was not there last night...
That offer is a brand-new posting.

PepperPot

I just purchased one.. I was trying to hold out to see if the Moto G would be eligible for Tracfone's BYOD, but it
looks like it won't happen anytime soon and my Centura has not been reliable so I took the plunge.

There are no reviews on the L39c which is strange (even for a new model), but my 840g was not bad so I have
high hopes for this phone.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I found a short video on YouTube (it's sort of an ad for shopcelldeals) and a link to a small description and review...
not much but it's a start. :) They're calling the LG Dynamic II.

http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/tracfone-lg-dynamic-ii-available-now/

Slivros

Phone arrived today... Here's the first images of the packaging and contents.

Front cover clearly shows the Verizon coverage map and CDMA-V in the bottom left corner:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything that's in the box:
Posted Image

Card that came inserted in the phone:
Posted Image

Battery:
Posted Image

That's all I have for now. Answers to your questions and review coming soon!

mroll

Slivros
January 15, 2014, 5:51 pm
That's all I have for now... Answers to your questions and review coming soon!
Thanks Slivros... Looking forward to hearing your opinion of it.

hrhenry

hrhenry

And just as fast as it appeared, it has now disappeared.

mroll

hrhenry
January 15, 2014, 7:08 pm
And just as fast as it appeared, it has now disappeared.
It's the ghost phone!

ciliegia

ShadowDancer
January 15, 2014, 4:55 pm
mroll
January 15, 2014, 4:17 pm
hrhenry

I've been watching both HSN.com and QVC.com quite closely in recent weeks for signs of the LG Optimus
Dynamic II
, and I can tell you that the HSN has NOT had that special posted. Heck, it was not there last night...
That offer is a brand-new posting.

Watch this Saturday...although not listed in the TV descriptions, I am willing to bet that they will "magically" appear
on the electronics program airing this week-end... Do I know for sure? No! It's a gut feeling.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Slivros ... thanks for the pictures, they look great! ... the phone looks nice ... looking forward to your review/answers!

* Your review/opinion/answers will probably be the deciding factor on whether I buy this phone within the next week.

* I also saw that HSN.com LG special listed before they removed it .... I'm also assuming it's coming to HSN TV soon.

* Ps: looks like Slivros did get his phone in a matter of a few days.... well, well, chalk one up for the USPS! (lol)

* Ps: some of you need to look up above, back to my posts of #112 and #117, talking about this phone and HSN? ^_^

USTS - United States Turk Service B-)

grinfidel

Whoops, didn't quite finish the sentence. All I'm really curious about is whether the LG 39c has a compass sensor?
GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Android Apps are all wonderful improvements... However, I'd gladly sacrifice the ZTE's flash
for a simple magnetic field sensor.

Below

Can you take screenshots with the power + down volume button?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

The LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C) has reappeared once again on the HSN.com website.

It is still listed as "Sold Out." But, I agree that it will undoubtedly be featured as a special on the network soon.

Here's the link: http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-optimus-android-tracfone-w600-minutes-texts-and-data/1089005

mroll

ShadowDancer
January 16, 2014, 11:34 am
The LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C) has reappeared once again on the HSN.com website.

It is still listed as "Sold Out." But, I agree that it will undoubtedly be featured as a special on the network soon.

Here's the link: http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-optimus-android-tracfone-w600-minutes-texts-and-data/1089005

It's available for purchase now.

Slivros

I'm going to separate the questions and review into different posts just to keep it orderly. First, the questions.

Turk

How is the cell tower signal reception - good/bad?
Fair. Generally it hovers between two and three bars, not any lower or higher. I am uncertain of my approximate location to the nearest Verizon tower, but I don't consider it all that bad based on the fact that AT&T is the major player in my area.

Turk

How is the WiFi signal reception - good/bad?
Very good. Based on the usual distance I am away from my wireless equipment ~65 ft., the phone has no problem picking up a consistent signal and maintaining a connection. Even though it is a poor connection at that distance, there has been no noticeable drops and no trouble downloading.

Turk

How is the web browsing speed - good/bad?
I tried browsing with both the native browser and Chrome. Surprisingly, the native browser typically beat out Chrome in both start up time and loading web pages, at least in my observations. I neglected to use data in my tests and stuck with WiFi throughout, so I can't answer for both. Most often, I had to wait a few seconds before I was allowed to interact with web pages, but general web browsing speed is relatively quick/tolerable.

Turk

Does it come with a built in FM Radio app?
Nope. But here are the apps that came installed by default:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Turk

The screen size is 3.8 inch ... but how wide is the screen? - the screen looks wider than normal.
Depends on what you call normal. But yes, it does appear a bit wider than average. Now, I don't have any dial or digital caliper like that one guy in the review videos does, but I do have a nice ruler.

Turk

The menu background color is white ... can you change the background color from white to black or other colors?
No. Doesn't appear to be any way to change it. Theme doesn't change it, and there's no accessibility options for it. Likely hard coded as part of the LG ROM merged with native 4.1.2. Only probable way to change it is to root the phone. Sorry for the folks who have difficulty seeing text on white backgrounds.

Turk

I don't think this phone has a speaker on the back of it... where does the speaker sound come from, the front earhole?
Yes sir! You're right on the money. Everything sound wise comes through that speaker. Quality speaker, if I do say so.

Turk

Can you tell us how the taking picture(s) quality is, even though I'm sure it's on par with the other Tracfone androids.
Well I can tell you, but I can also provide examples. The quality is average to sub-par, depending on your level of expectation. There's a slew of settings to mess around with, but I did what could with these:

ciliegia

how is the sound quality of the phone?
Much better in voice apps like Skype than in calls. Could be many factors that affect this, but in short, it's not terrible, just not crystal clear. Somewhere in the middle.

ciliegia

how is the sound quality of the phone on speaker?
There's the usual sound vibrations/distortion on higher volumes, but it's alright. I'm led to believe the speaker on this phone is a little better than others.

ciliegia

is the ring tone (which ever you use) loud enough (especially if phone is in your pocket or in a purse)?
At max volume, it is sufficiently loud enough that you probably don't want to hold it to your ear while it is ringing. In a quiet environment, it can be heard a few rooms away. And depending on the purse or pocket, the sound will be muffled slightly, but still likely to be heard. Definitely equal to if not a little louder than the LG 840G.

ciliegia

When you check out the web browsing, how is it after a few days (it should be great the first day or so) when
you have started downloading things?
I've only downloaded updates and a few apps so far. The speed is fine for now, no slowdowns. I don't exactly understand what the relation between downloading and browsing speed is though.

ciliegia

When you downloaded apps, can you put the apps on the micro disk or does it go directly to the phone's hd?
By default, they're downloaded to the phone's internal memory. But after some investigating, it seems like it is a developer option to choose whether or not they want their apps moved. For most of my apps, they cannot be moved (the option 'Move to SD card' is greyed out), which makes sense for some like Google's apps, but for others, I assume it is a restriction set in place by the people who made it. Apps like Skype, however, can be freely moved to the card.

grinfidel

All I'm really curious about is whether the LG 39c has a compass sensor?
Yes, the phone has a magnetometer. Here's some info about it:

Posted Image

Below

Can you take screenshots with the power + down volume button?
Yes you most certainly can. In fact, that was one of the first things I tried when I got the phone. You can also press both the up and down volume buttons to take a screenshot and instantly edit it. LG calls it quickmemo.

mroll

Quote:

"ciliegia... how is the sound quality of the phone?"

Much better in voice apps like Skype than in calls.
Could be many factors that affect this, but in short, it's not terrible, just not crystal clear. Somewhere in the middle.
Compared to an 840G would you say it was better, worse or the same?

BTW, thank you so much for your detailed report. Looks like it's a keeper. ;)

Slivros

mroll
January 16, 2014, 10:58 pm
Compared to an 840G would you say it was better, worse or the same?
BTW, thank you so much for your detailed report. Looks like it's a keeper. ;)
Funny enough, the test call I made was to an owner of an 840G. It's difficult to judge based on that one phone call
I have made so far. I would say it's about the same as the 840G. But I can't say for certain. Time will tell after I get
an issue sorted out with my minutes not being fully transferred.

jammnjeff

Hi, need help, new to android, took the sd card out of my 840 put in my new 39c all that's on the card is music will
not show when I tap music?

hpham
Member Avatar

jammnjeff
January 16, 2014, 11:58 pm
Hi, need help, new to android, took the sd card out of my 840 put in my new 39c all that's on the card is music will
If the Music app on the 39C is the same as the one on my ZTE Valet, it only sees/plays mp3 files.
There are apps on Google Play that play other format. PowerAmp is a pretty good app. I think it costs a small amount.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Nice job, Slivros!!

Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you are putting into educating the rest of us about the new
LG Optimus Dynamic II (L39C)... I look forward to the rest of your presentation.

ShadowDancer ^_^

grinfidel

Thank you for all the people who contribute to this forum, and especially Turk for taking precious time to ananylize
and respond to all of our inquiries, ranging from the very specific to the broad. Having limited experience with what
these devices are capable of.

I am fascinated by the thoroughness and insight of those who share their ideas and provide technical experience.
Having a magnetic field sensor as well as gyro, accelerometer, various other sensors/applications is what peaked
my interest at first... If the LG L39C lacks in the camera, sound and speaker department. I would gladly give those
up for functionality in other areas.

Below

hpham
January 17, 2014, 12:25 am
jammnjeff
If the Music app on the 39C is the same as the one on my ZTE Valet, it only sees/plays mp3 files.
There are apps on Google Play that play other format. PowerAmp is a pretty good app. I think it costs a small amount.
No, it also plays WAV and AAC.

mroll

ShadowDancer
January 16, 2014, 11:34 am

Looks like it's a special right now through the weekend.
You get a car charger and a bunch of apps and subscriptions as part of the package.

Slivros

grinfidel
January 17, 2014, 4:36 am
Thank you for all the people who contribute to this forum, and especially Turk for taking precious time to ananylize
and respond to all of our inquiries, ranging from the very specific to the broad. Having limited experience with what
these devices are capable of.

I am fascinated by the thoroughness and insight of those who share their ideas and provide technical experience.
Having a magnetic field sensor as well as gyro, accelerometer, various other sensors/applications is what peaked
my interest at first... If the LG L39C lacks in the camera, sound and speaker department. I would gladly give those
up for functionality in other areas.
The phone has an accelerometer, magnetometer, and proximity detector. Nothing more.

Below
January 17, 2014, 11:04 am
hpham
January 17, 2014, 12:25 am
jammnjeff
No, it also plays WAV and AAC.
According to the services guide that came with the phone, it can play MP3, AAC, AMR, and WAV files.
It does not support DRM.

PepperPot

Many thanks for the review Slivros. I'll be anxious to see how this phone holds up after a few months. I have
a tendency to go through a number of apps trying to find the perfect fit for my needs, but I don't think I do
anything more than the average person using a smart phone. Unfortunately, the Centura could not handle it.
Hopefully this phone will manage.

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.