Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: ... Are you crazy! ... Are you insane! ... Are you going Black Friday shopping this week?!
Yes! / I am crazy! / Can't wait!
No way! / Forget that! / Never!
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Tracfone) ZTE Valet (Z665C) Phone Topic
Topic Started: September 26, 2013, 4:18 pm (73,911 Views)
tfuser19

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* Attention Turkamaniacs: Tracfone Promotion Codes do not work with the new Tracfone Android Phones.

* Tracfone ZTE Valet Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFZEZ665C

* Located in the Topics Forum: Tracfone/Net10 - Apps for Androids - we discuss different apps for android devices.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zudozizzi,
Maybe try dialing *22890 to reprogram phone again - also try power cycling the phone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator
Member Avatar

tfuser19
November 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
Zudozizzi, ... Maybe try dialing *22890 to reprogram phone again - also try power cycling the phone.
Yeah, I was on the phone this morning with TF and both of the folks I dealt with had me do all sorts of resets, maybe 8 in total. I have to call them back in the morning and they want to have a 3-way call with Verizon to determine if the 2-3 bars of signal I'm getting is enough for this phone to make calls with.

The biggest reason I was leaving my LG800 is that with ATT service, I can have full bars and no service. Now I'm thinking they're both using US Cellular's network and what I get here is what I'll always have no matter the carrier.

cjon71

I bought the Valet this past Saturday and ported my number and airtime over Sunday. It took about 45 minutes and I had no problems. I do like this phone, the wifi reception is poor, but it works well in my entire home with the exception of my bedroom, which has always been a wifi dead zone for me. Anyone have any luck with ways to boost the wifi reception?

ciliegia

cjon71
November 11, 2013, 8:25 pm
I bought the Valet this past Saturday and ported my number and airtime over Sunday. It took about 45 minutes and I had no problems. I do like this phone, the wifi reception is poor, but it works well in my entire home with the exception of my bedroom, which has always been a wifi dead zone for me. Anyone have any luck with ways to boost the wifi reception?
Although I haven't used it as yet, have you tried any of the wifi booster s in the Google store? Many are free and have good ratings.

cjon71

ciliegia
November 11, 2013, 9:36 pm
cjon71
Although I haven't used it as yet, have you tried any of the wifi booster s in the Google store? Many are free and have good ratings.
Yeah I tried most of them and they really don't work well. I am probably going to pick up a Netgear Wifi Extender from best buy and see what the results are with that.

Fisha695

cjon71
November 11, 2013, 11:18 pm
ciliegia
November 11, 2013, 9:36 pm
cjon71
Yeah I tried most of them and they really don't work well. I am probably going to pick up a Netgear Wifi Extender from best buy and see what the results are with that.
The WiFi reception issues that the Valet suffers from are likely antenna design/location/build-quality based so an app wouldn't really be able to fix that.

cookielover

Where have you found a case for the Valet? Will I need to apply a clear film to protect the screen? I have been looking in local stores for cases, but they all seem very phone specific and none for anything ZTE. Everyone recommends Otter Box, but they seem very expensive and don't have any for the Valet anyway. This is my first smartphone! How worried should I be throwing it in and out of my purse all day? My old, old Tracfone was indestructible - with about a 1 inch screen - LOL.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I never use my phone without a screen protector and case. Amazon has some good screen protectors and cases...if you can't find anything listed for the actual Valet, look under the ZTE Fury and Director, they're the same phone only the Valet is the Tracfone edition.

Screen protectors These seem to have a good rating and are supposedly easy to put on.

I found this case, it's similar to the hybrid for the LG 840g, the price is a bit high but it looks good and should offer good protection. It's listed with the Director cases, check it out here.

There are other cases available if you don't want to go quite that high.

Hope this helps :D

uflb999

Hey All,
So i've read some really useful stuff, thanks to everyone that has made this so much easier. I just have a single question. Have any of you guys attempted to port your number from a separate tracfone into the Valet? If so, how did the minutes split out, would the amount of minutes I have=texts, call minutes, and data, or would I not have a data plan?

tfuser19

uflb999,
Welcome! If you currently have a non-Android Tracfone with 100 minutes/200days it will become 100 mins/100 texts/100 MB and 200 days on the Android Tracfone.

cookielover

phoenix1
November 12, 2013, 10:42 pm
I never use my phone without a screen protector and case. Amazon has some good screen protectors and cases...if you can't find anything listed for the actual Valet, look under the ZTE Fury and Director, they're the same phone only the Valet is the Tracfone edition.

Screen protectors These seem to have a good rating and are supposedly easy to put on.

I found this case, it's similar to the hybrid for the LG 840g, the price is a bit high but it looks good and should offer good protection. It's listed with the Director cases, check it out here.

There are other cases available if you don't want to go quite that high.

Hope this helps :D
:D .. Thanks so much phoenix1. I will order one of these. My phone arrives today.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

cookielover
November 13, 2013, 8:43 am
:D .. Thanks so much phoenix1. I will order one of these. My phone arrives today.
No problem, glad to help. :) Enjoy your phone!

uflb999

tfuser19, thanks for the quick reply.

This sounds like a wacky problem, but...
I am likely getting the ZTE Valet, leaving my LG 840G to another family member to use. However, they also have a tracfone flip phone, and they would like to transfer their number to the LG 840G. Is it possible for me to:
1. Transfer my Number to ZTE Valet (i know I can do this for sure)
2. Transfer my family member's number to the LG 840G?

tfuser19

uflb999,
Yes. Easiest way is
1. Activate your ZTE by transferring your current #/service from old phone to ZTE.
2. Request a new SIM card for LG840G which got deactivated int step 1.
3. Using new SIM card in LG840G, transfer #/service from family members Tracfone to LG840G.

All this can be done via the Tracfone website, though you should call Tracfone to request the SIM card. You could do that now.

You might want to first activate the ZTE with a new number to make sure you really like it, because once you transfer your non-Android minutes to the ZTE, Tracfone will not let you transfer them back to a non-Android and you will lose the minutes transferred to ZTE (but will not lose the service days). If you go this route, then you will have to call Tracfone to move your #/service from LG840G to ZTE once you decide you like it.

uflb999

Thanks tfuser, I just ordered the ZTE, and will transfer my number over when it arrives.

ibcnu01

Just bought a ZTE Valet. Most Tracfones I have seen display the minutes on the home screen. This one doesn't.
How do I access the minutes and service days display on this phone? Thanx!

Below

You have to install the Tracfone app from the Play store and then place it's widget on a home screen.

tfuser19

ibcnu01
November 15, 2013, 11:08 am
Just bought a ZTE Valet. Most Tracfones I have seen display the minutes on the home screen. This one doesn't.
How do I access the minutes and service days display on this phone? Thanx!
ibcnu01,
See this thread for link to Tracfone app and other Android apps: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5241107/

phoenix1
Member Avatar

Just called Target looking to see if they have an idea on the arrival of the LG L39c but they don't have any info,
but they are now carrying the Valet for $99.99 in case anyone is looking for it. :)

ibcnu01

Below
November 15, 2013, 11:58 am
You have to install the Tracfone app from the Play store and then place it's widget on a home screen.
Thank you!

Eddie_E

I bought the ZTE Valet last week and ported my number and minutes over from my old LG flip phone through the web site and it worked in about an hour. After entering all the codes from the registration process it looks like my old sim was unregistered just like it came out of the box. I'm pretty happy so far although the WiFi signal is lower than most of the big name phones. I'm a high school teacher and it does work on our school WiFi, but I loose signal in many places that my students don't.

The Tracfone app from the Playstore is working ok.

My biggest reason for buying an Android was to use a GPS app called WAZE that gives live traffic updates. It does work well on the ZTE, but it uses a lot of time on the phone. I had hoped that it would just ping the network every few minutes. It seems to use minutes at the same rate as a voice call, so I just check in when on WiFi before leaving home and a once or twice during a trip.

Eddie_E

I found mine in stock and on sale at Best Buy but had to ask for it as the sales people that sell service plans had them hidden away in a drawer behind the desk and none in the isle. I paid $80.

I'm near Boston.

Bob99

Just read an ad in the newspaper that K-Mart also has the Valet here in central Texas for $80.

Below

WAZE was sketchy from a privacy standpoint, and then Google buying them makes it even moreso. You could use Maps or a different GPS altogether. Not much to say on that topic. Most GPS apps want to access your contacts.

But besides that, is anybody having problem with sending multimedia messages? I can't send any, I've tried numerous times. I've tried doing it data enabled too, but always fails, and no reason given. Guess I won't be sending pictures ever again.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

Since there doesn't seem to be any news or updates about the LG L39c I figured I'd get the Valet since most of the reviews have been good and could always return it if the LG ever shows up. I saw the K-mart ad for $80 so called Target to see if they price match, the guy in electronics said they did, just print out the ad and bring it in. This worked great for me because the closest K-mart is almost a 30 mile round trip and Target is less than 5, Got to Target, had to go to the service desk to pay for it only to find they don't price match K-mart. :huh: So I made the trip to K-mart anyway but they only give you 14 days to return it even if it's for Christmas plus they won't take it back if it's opened, if there's a problem you have to send it back to Tracfone, which is weird because BB, Target and HSN give you until the end of January to return it opened or not.

===Update===
Just got back from Target with the phone, now to behave and not open it since I can't have it until Christmas :'(

uflb999

Just got the ZTE, gonna get some expanded memory.

Do you guys know of any good expandable storage on amazon?

Also, do I want Class 4 or Class 10?

tfuser19

uflb999
November 17, 2013, 8:50 pm
Also, do I want Class 4 or Class 10?
uflb999,
I personally prefer to spend money an a well rated class 10 device that I can reuse in the future. I've seen a lot of controversy on which class devices to use for phones and some people say to not use a class 10 in a phone, but so far I have not had any issues with my class 10s in various different phones including my Centuras.

uflb999

On amazon, class 10 and class 4 are around the same, but I am not sure about their differences. Based on what tfuser said, I will go ahead with Class 10s then.

On a different note, does anybody know the difference between the classes?

tfuser19

uflb999,
Read these:
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-microsd-card/

rminor

ok, I've read this entire thread. I have a LG840g w/2711 minutes & about 28 months service. I'll need to change to a CDMA phone by mid Jan because the plant I do contract work with has Verizon service only. I can buy the Valet right now for $66.69 (also includes a $10 restaurant card). Should I go ahead and buy it or wait until Jan to see what's out there? Or both?

the Wizard
Member Avatar

I've had my second Valet for 20 days now and except for one major concern, I like it. The first Valet developed problems with the screen after about a week and I returned it to Best Buy. My major concern with the current phone is the poor responsiveness of the buttons and apps which I believe Turk alluded to in his review. It's not uncommon for me to have to press a button or app three or four times (sometimes even more) before I get a response. Earlier this evening I had to press the All Apps thingy ten times before it responded!! This is really frustrating in the extreme. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Valet? I really can't recommend the phone to any of my friends while it has this sort of annoying problem.

stymied

the Wizard
November 19, 2013, 12:38 am
I've had my second Valet for 20 days now and except for one major concern, I like it. The first Valet developed problems with the screen after about a week and I returned it to Best Buy. My major concern with the current phone is the poor responsiveness of the buttons and apps which I believe Turk alluded to in his review. It's not uncommon for me to have to press a button or app three or four times (sometimes even more) before I get a response. Earlier this evening I had to press the All Apps thingy ten times before it responded!! This is really frustrating in the extreme. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Valet? I really can't recommend the phone to any of my friends while it has this sort of annoying problem.
This is my first post here, as I need to ask a question (or a hundred!), but I thought I'd answer you first. I bought three of these phones, and they all do the same thing you describe. Sometimes you have to hit the buttons several times, although I think it has more to do with just how you hit them. Other times it's way too sensitive, as when scrolling through a list. I keep opening things I don't want to open. I guess they just like to be touched a certain way, and we have to figure out exactly what that way is. It is frustrating, but then none of us at my house have ever had a smartphone before, so it's a huge learning curve so far.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

stymied,

Sorry you're having the same problem with your three Valets. I guess I'm glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing the problem. I think the Valet is basically a good phone that offers a very nice feature set. I just wish the sensitivity problem could be fixed. Then I would really be happy with it. Maybe the next generation. :)

stymied

Now for my first question. We have three of these phones, and have only been messing with them for two days. I activated all three today. My SIL was trying to put a picture on a contact, and it gave her the message that the SD card is full. (She was able to put the same pic in my brother's contact with no problem.) When we look at the available storage on her phone, it says she has plenty of space in internal memory, as well as the SD card. She has been messing with the phones more than I or my brother have, so I'm wondering what she could have done, or why it is saying full when it's not?

Second question. Her son tried to send her some pictures, but they didn't come through. He has Straight Talk. Data was turned off, wifi on. Do you have to have data on to receive pics (MMS)? Or...could this be the SD card again? I haven't had time to try it on the other two phones yet, as setting these up took most of my day to do all three.

If anyone could help, that would be great. I've been all over this forum, and the net looking for answers. We shouldn't have to format a new card already installed in the phone, right? If necessary, I can do more looking at her phone later today, if I know what to look for. She's rather disappointed, as these are going to be their Christmas presents! Keep in mind, none of the three of us have a clue about smartphones, and I'm trying to learn everything so I can teach them. :-/

stymied

Wizard,

Actually we really like these so far, but it is difficult, especially those tiny buttons. I've been using the speaker for Google, it's awesome. I couldn't even figure out how to answer it today, even though I went through the tutorial. I kept trying to drag the green phone to the circle, instead of the other way around! Someday this will all be over, and we'll be pros, right!

annepani

stymied
November 19, 2013, 3:09 am
Second question. Her son tried to send her some pictures, but they didn't come through. He has Straight Talk. Data was turned off, wifi on. Do you have to have data on to receive pics (MMS)? Or...could this be the SD card again?
You must have data turned on for MMS (pictures). It does not work on wifi.

stymied

annepani,

Thank you! He'll have to text her first to turn data on, then. I'll have her try it tonight.

millept

jvold
November 8, 2013, 10:58 pm
I ordered the ZTE Valet through the tracfone website. I have never had an android phone before, so I assumed it worked like any other tracfone, but it doesn't. The minutes are broken into 3 categories. So now when I buy a 200 minute card and the minutes are tripled, I get 600 minutes, which is divided into 3 categories; talk, text and data. Each category is given 600 minutes, which is good if you are a user who uses all 3 equally. I mostly text, and with my old phone each text used 0.30 minutes, giving me 1,800 texts. The android uses 1 minute per text, which is only 600 texts for a 3 month period. Also, the phone doesn't display how many minutes you have left and when your next service day is.

These issues are a problem for me, so I called tracfone and explained why I would like to send the phone back. After an hour on the phone with more than one customer service representative and their manager, I was told that they would send me a Fed Ex envelope and I could return the phone for a refund. They said that it would take 3 to 4 days to receive it. That was a almost a week ago, and I still haven't received the Fed Ex envelope, so I called tracfone again. They put me through the same thing as last time. After almost an hour on the phone, they told me that there was no documentation proving that someone had told me that they would send a Fed Ex envelope, and I was told that I couldn't return the phone, even though my 30 days to return the phone weren't up. The manager didn't believe that I was telling the truth.

I have always been satisfied with tracfone, but I'm very disappointed in the way I was treated over the purchase of this android phone. I now have a $106 phone that I don't know what to do with. My minutes are up in 10 days, and I'm wondering if I should switch to something different. I hope this helps someone else.
You definitely can return it within 30 days. Call the Executive Resolutions number, 800-876-5753.

bummpr
Member Avatar

annepani
November 19, 2013, 3:45 am
stymied
Second question. Her son tried to send her some pictures, but they didn't come through. He has Straight Talk. Data was turned off, wifi on. Do you have to have data on to receive pics (MMS)? Or...could this be the SD card again?
annepani is correct...but you may want to try Google Hangouts. I know Hangouts can send MMS without data turned on. Facebook Messenger also now supports MMS.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

I ordered a hybrid case for my Valet...well, it'll be mine at Christmas ;) It's made by Trident and looks like it'll do a great job of protecting the phone. You can check out a couple of videos about it
here and here.

I got mine on Amazon and their price sure beats getting it from Trident...I got mine here. It says it's for the ZTE Director, but it's the same thing as the Valet.

daikyozin

I bought the Huawei 868c at Walmart last week for $100. The ZTE Valet arrived in my local BestBuy today for $80.
First impressions:
I think the Huawei has slightly better build quality but I can't really say why yet.
The Huawei has an FM radio. The ZTE has a flash for its camera.
Both have haptic feedback which I quite like.
Both have GPS.

I'm fairly ignorant about such matters but I installed Quick System Info pro on both and the ZTE seems to make better use of its memory and has more available.
So far I think I'm going to keep the ZTE. I think I have about another week to return the Huawei.

stymied

stymied
Now for my first question. We have three of these phones, and have only been messing with them for two days. I activated all three today. My SIL was trying to put a picture on a contact, and it gave her the message that the SD card is full. (She was able to put the same pic in my brother's contact with no problem.) When we look at the available storage on her phone, it says she has plenty of space in internal memory, as well as the SD card. She has been messing with the phones more than I or my brother have, so I'm wondering what she could have done, or why it is saying full when it's not?

Second question. Her son tried to send her some pictures, but they didn't come through. He has Straight Talk. Data was turned off, wifi on. Do you have to have data on to receive pics (MMS)? Or...could this be the SD card again? I haven't had time to try it on the other two phones yet, as setting these up took most of my day to do all three.

If anyone could help, that would be great. I've been all over this forum, and the net looking for answers. We shouldn't have to format a new card already installed in the phone, right? If necessary, I can do more looking at her phone later today, if I know what to look for. She's rather disappointed, as these are going to be their Christmas presents! Keep in mind, none of the three of us have a clue about smartphones, and I'm trying to learn everything so I can teach them. :-/
In reference to my first question, I talked to my SIL some more, and the error of the SD card being full seems to only come up when she tries to add a pic from the gallery to a contact. She is still able to take pictures, and add them to a contact as long as she does it as soon as she takes the picture. It's only after the pic is in the gallery that's the problem. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing the error?

stymied

bummpr
November 19, 2013, 12:08 pm
annepani
November 19, 2013, 3:45 am
stymied
annepani is correct...but you may want to try Google Hangouts. I know Hangouts can send MMS without data turned on. Facebook Messenger also now supports MMS.
I've been looking into those, and other free SMS and MMS apps. I need to get something soon for the SIL.
I'm thinking between her and her son, she'll blow right through the 600 text/600 data she has! Thanks!

Below

BTW, is anybody else having problems with sending multimedia messages?

I'm getting the "Service not activated on network" error.

tfuser19

stymied
November 19, 2013, 6:23 pm
I've been looking into those, and other free SMS and MMS apps. I need to get something soon for the SIL.
I'm thinking between her and her son, she'll blow right through the 600 text/600 data she has! Thanks!
stymied,
I would suggest they use email to send pictures if they have WiFi until you find a free MMS app.

IamBogus

I've had my valet for about a month now and so far I am pretty happy with the value it gives. I find you have to be a little closer to the wireless source than other devices I have and it's very picky about the way you tap the screen as other people have pointed out. I can live with these problems for the other capabilities it gives me. One problem I haven't figured out is after the screen has been locked and blank I can unlock the phone and see an error message about "google text to speech not working" . Since this is not something I ever tried to use I have no idea why I am getting this message. Anyone have any ideas? tyia

runner

Bogus: I've only used google text to voice when I first got my phone just to test it out and I've never seen that message on my phone. However, I know there was google text-to-speech update recently (I want to say last week); maybe it has something to do with that update or maybe it's just one of those random things that just happens.

stymied: I only have photos for a few if my contacts (14) but never got "memory full" message. Maybe the message is nothing and you just need to reboot your phone. I'm not sure the amount of storage is allocated in contacts (i.e., if it could be full because of photos for many contacts).

Sorry, couldn't be of more help.

hpham
Member Avatar

stymied
November 19, 2013, 3:54 am
He'll have to text her first to turn data on, then. I'll have her try it tonight.
You don't need to tell the recipient to turn on data prior to receiving a multimedia message. If data was not on when the message came in, the imbedded files (pictures, videos, etc) will have a "download" icon next to them. The recipient can then turn on data, touch the icon to download the files.

hpham
Member Avatar

Below
November 20, 2013, 10:36 pm

Did you have data turned on prior to sending your multimedia messages?

IamBogus

IamBogus
November 21, 2013, 12:31 pm
I've had my valet for about a month now and so far I am pretty happy with the value it gives. I find you have to be a little closer to the wireless source than other devices I have and it's very picky about the way you tap the screen as other people have pointed out. I can live with these problems for the other capabilities it gives me. One problem I haven't figured out is after the screen has been locked and blank I can unlock the phone and see an error message about "google text to speech not working" . Since this is not something I ever tried to use I have no idea why I am getting this message. Anyone have any ideas? tyia
Bogus: I've only used google text to voice when I first got my phone just to test it out and I've never seen that message on my phone. However, I know there was google text-to-speech update recently (I want to say last week); maybe it has something to do with that update or maybe it's just one of those random things that just happens.

Thank Runner - I uninstalled the update and the problem seems to have gone away.

Member Avatar

November 10, 2013, 5:05 pm
tfuser19
November 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
Zudozizzi, ... Maybe try dialing *22890 to reprogram phone again - also try power cycling the phone.
Yeah, I was on the phone this morning with TF and both of the folks I dealt with had me do all sorts of resets, maybe 8 in total. I have to call them back in the morning and they want to have a 3-way call with Verizon to determine if the 2-3 bars of signal I'm getting is enough for this phone to make calls with.

The biggest reason I was leaving my LG800 is that with ATT service, I can have full bars and no service. Now I'm thinking they're both using US Cellular's network and what I get here is what I'll always have no matter the carrier.
So, I picked up a second Valet just to see if I could make/receive calls and voila! I have between 0-3 bars as with the first phone but at least I can now make calls.

As for my WiFi, I have a Novatel (Sprint) MiFi unit velcro'ed to a downstairs window and can roam the house downstairs or upstairs and have good to fair at worst wifi.

The GPS works pretty good and I'm sure would work even better if my home address didn't come up as 'location unknown.'

jvold

millept
November 19, 2013, 3:57 am
jvold
November 8, 2013, 10:58 pm
I ordered the ZTE Valet through the tracfone website. I have never had an android phone before, so I assumed it worked like any other tracfone, but it doesn't. The minutes are broken into 3 categories. So now when I buy a 200 minute card and the minutes are tripled, I get 600 minutes, which is divided into 3 categories; talk, text and data. Each category is given 600 minutes, which is good if you are a user who uses all 3 equally. I mostly text, and with my old phone each text used 0.30 minutes, giving me 1,800 texts. The android uses 1 minute per text, which is only 600 texts for a 3 month period. Also, the phone doesn't display how many minutes you have left and when your next service day is.

These issues are a problem for me, so I called tracfone and explained why I would like to send the phone back. After an hour on the phone with more than one customer service representative and their manager, I was told that they would send me a Fed Ex envelope and I could return the phone for a refund. They said that it would take 3 to 4 days to receive it. That was a almost a week ago, and I still haven't received the Fed Ex envelope, so I called tracfone again. They put me through the same thing as last time. After almost an hour on the phone, they told me that there was no documentation proving that someone had told me that they would send a Fed Ex envelope, and I was told that I couldn't return the phone, even though my 30 days to return the phone weren't up. The manager didn't believe that I was telling the truth.

I have always been satisfied with tracfone, but I'm very disappointed in the way I was treated over the purchase of this android phone. I now have a $106 phone that I don't know what to do with. My minutes are up in 10 days, and I'm wondering if I should switch to something different. I hope this helps someone else.
You definitely can return it within 30 days. Call the Executive Resolutions number, 800-876-5753.
Millept, when I had the phone for only 20 days I was told by a tracfone manager that I could not return it. He said I would have been able to return it if I wasn't getting reception in my house or if there was something else wrong with the phone. The 30 days is up now, and I have a ZTE Valet phone that cost me $106 with the tax. I'm trying to decide if I should activate it or throw it in the trash. This problem is more with how tracfone has treated me than an issue with the phone itself.

Below

hpham
November 21, 2013, 11:23 pm
Below
November 20, 2013, 10:36 pm

Did you have data turned on prior to sending your multimedia messages?
Yeah, like I said above, I did. I've tried all combinations. I also looked for the error and its' not Tracfone specific, others have had it happen on other networks. Something in my account probably needs to be changed or the change via to Android may be responsible. I'm working with Tracfone now to get it resolved and will report back when it is!

hpham
Member Avatar

Below
November 23, 2013, 11:58 am
Something in my account probably needs to be changed or the change via to Android may be responsible. I'm working with Tracfone now to get it resolved and will report back when it is!
Maybe somehow the carrier blocked that service for that phone number. My wife used to have a low-cost contract with Verizon and each text message costs her $0.25. One of her friends kept sending her silly text messages and cost us money. So I asked Verizon to block text service for my wife's phone number.

Below

hpham
November 23, 2013, 6:21 pm
Below
November 23, 2013, 11:58 am
Something in my account probably needs to be changed or the change via to Android may be responsible. I'm working with Tracfone now to get it resolved and will report back when it is!
Maybe somehow the carrier blocked that service for that phone number. My wife used to have a low-cost contract with Verizon and each text message costs her $0.25. One of her friends kept sending her silly text messages and cost us money. So I asked Verizon to block text service for my wife's phone number.
My last phone with the same number did MMS messages just fine.

Besides that though, my phone is acting strange: apps that I have purposely hidden on the all apps keep unhiding themselves. Apps like Voice Search and Wallbase. Seriously, what the hell is this? I turn them off, restart my phone, bam! They are back. That custom ZTE launcher also crashed once on me too. Little annoyances, but I've had this less than 3 months. Come on - it shouldn't be like this.

bummpr
Member Avatar

Below

Are you sure your Data is turned on? MMS from native Messaging App requires Data ON to send MMS. Suggest you turn it off when not needed or your Data Minutes will leak down surprisingly fast.

Are you trying to hide apps within the APP Drawer or a Home Screen...I'm not clear what you are trying to achieve? Wallbase is an app you installed...why are you trying to hide it? If you don't want it, uninstall it. Confused

Have you tried the Nova Launcher?

Below

bummpr
November 24, 2013, 2:31 pm
Below

Are you sure your Data is turned on? MMS from native Messaging App requires Data ON to send MMS. Suggest you turn it off when not needed or your Data Minutes will leak down surprisingly fast.

Are you trying to hide apps within the APP Drawer or a Home Screen...I'm not clear what you are trying to achieve? Wallbase is an app you installed...why are you trying to hide it? If you don't want it, uninstall it. Confused

Have you tried the Nova Launcher?
I don't want to sound rude, but for the third time, YES, I had data on when trying to send messages. That's why I mentioned it originally.

You can only hide apps on in the app drawer... I'm hiding it because I don't need a huge overblown list of apps. Some stuff I organize into folders anyways, or so infrequently use that it would be best to hide it from the list and only find when needed. I think it's a problem with ZTE's launcher - hid all but 3 apps, on restart, 6 are showing up. But not Wallbase... It's their problem.

Yeah, I tried Nova, but the Achilles's Heel was the awful font used. And there is no way to change it.

daikyozin

How the f$%# do you connect this to a PC?
When I first plugged it in, it connected as a CD-ROM drive with a driver that it offered to install for me. I installed it, and it seemed to work briefly, but I didn't even have time to do anything with it before it quit working, and since then I haven't been able to connect with it in any way. Is there a driver available somewhere on the web, or could somebody post one? I don't know if the phone is crazy or I am.

hpham
Member Avatar

daikyozin
November 25, 2013, 4:24 pm
How do you connect this to a PC?
When I first plugged it in, it connected as a CD-ROM drive with a driver that it offered to install for me. I installed it, and it seemed to work briefly, but I didn't even have time to do anything with it before it quit working, and since then I haven't been able to connect with it in any way.
The following applies if your PC runs Windows 7 or higher. If not, all bets are off (the phone has troubles installing the driver on a PC running XP).

The first time you connect your phone to the PC, it will install the driver. On subsequent connections, you need to connect it as a Media Device. Go to Settings-->Connect to PC-->Select Media device (MTP). You can check the "Don't ask me again" box, so it'll automatically connect as Media device from now on. You'll see the phone (Z665C) and the SD card showing up on the PC as two removable drives.

daikyozin

hpham
November 25, 2013, 6:17 pm
daikyozin
November 25, 2013, 4:24 pm
How do you connect this to a PC?
When I first plugged it in, it connected as a CD-ROM drive with a driver that it offered to install for me. I installed it, and it seemed to work briefly, but I didn't even have time to do anything with it before it quit working, and since then I haven't been able to connect with it in any way.
The following applies if your PC runs Windows 7 or higher. If not, all bets are off (the phone has troubles installing the driver on a PC running XP).

The first time you connect your phone to the PC, it will install the driver. On subsequent connections, you need to connect it as a Media Device. Go to Settings-->Connect to PC-->Select Media device (MTP). You can check the "Don't ask me again" box, so it'll automatically connect as Media device from now on. You'll see the phone (Z665C) and the SD card showing up on the PC as two removable drives.
hpham, thanks for your advice (BTW I am on Windows 7). I had it set to connect as a media device. Where I went wrong was to have USB debugging turned on. I'm used to having this on all the time on my other Android devices, but apparently the Valet doesn't like it. As soon as I turned it off, I could see my phone with the Phone and SD card folders accessible in Windows Explorer.
I'm still liking the phone but I'm finding it's not entirely a normal Android device, there seem to a few things about it that are a little screwy...like I don't see anywhere that anyone's managed to root it...but then I'm still pretty much a newbie.
Anyway, thanks.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

HSN is running a great deal on the Valet...their usual package + ear buds for $79.99 (4 payments of $19.99) and free shipping. I don't know how long it'll last, the video looks like it might be a Thanksgiving special.

HSN deal.

annepani

phoenix1
November 28, 2013, 2:44 am
HSN is running a great deal on the Valet...their usual package + ear buds for $79.99 (4 payments of $19.99) and free shipping. I don't know how long it'll last, the video looks like it might be a Thanksgiving special.
According to the description, the package includes a charging cable, not a data/charging cable. So you won't be able to transfer photos or data files. The cable is only good for charging the phone.

Fisha695

annepani
November 28, 2013, 8:42 am
phoenix1
According to the description, the package includes a charging cable, not a data/charging cable. So you won't be able to transfer photos or data files. The cable is only good for charging the phone.
Here is a question about the data/charging cable. From the looks of it in the picture it's just a regular Micro-USB to USB cable, I have 2 of those laying around from my PS3 which can carry data (use them on my MP3 player too), so would that be able to work as a data cable for a phone too in this case?

Below

Fisha695
November 28, 2013, 10:52 am
annepani
phoenix1
Here is a question about the data/charging cable. From the looks of it in the picture it's just a regular Micro-USB to USB cable, I have 2 of those laying around from my PS3 which can carry data (use them on my MP3 player too), so would that be able to work as a data cable for a phone too in this case?
Yes, the charging cable is just a plain Micro USB (type B) to "regular" USB cable.

Honestly, I can't believe the deal and how fast Tracfone Android phone prices are dropping. I understand being more expensive at the beginning but we're still at the beginning and the prices are already really dropping a lot. :-/ Makes everybody who bought it originally look a bit like fools now. Slightly over a month, that same bundle was $115 at ShopCellDeals, and THAT was considered a deal since TF wanted $100 just for the phone. THEN ShopCellDeals bumped theirs down to $100, and now it's for $80. And lets not forget about the extreme price drops of TF's non-Android touchscreen phones.- what the hell is going on there!?

If this is how things are gonna keep playing out, they might as well bring out higher end phones and stop with the low end nonsense. They have no excuse, the prices will drop as they have in the past, and they will once again be "Tracfone affordable".

hpham
Member Avatar

annepani
The cable that comes with the ZTE Valet can be used for charging and as a data cable. I've used it to copy files from my PC to my Valet.

annepani

hpham
November 28, 2013, 11:34 am
The cable that comes with the ZTE Valet can be used for charging and as a data cable. I've used it to copy files from my PC to my Valet.
Don't speak for HSN. You don't speak for them and they don't answer to you. Don't promise people something more than the vendor has put in writing when in fact they have put something to the contrary in writing.

If based on your sample of one experience you got a cable that can transfer data, then good for you. But if the next person gets a cable that is for charging only, well then they just have to be prepared to get a data cable somewhere else.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

Okay, to settle this, I just talked to a rep at HSN...she said normally most of the cables will do both but since it doesn't specify other wise she couldn't guarantee it but if you have any other kind of micro usb/usb cable that works for transferring data, it will work with this phone since they are universal. She said she has one for her Samsung that works with every thing. Hopefully that will answer all the questions...and

hpham
Member Avatar

annepani
November 28, 2013, 12:05 pm
hpham

If based on your sample of one experience you got a cable that can transfer data, then good for you. But if the next person gets a cable that is for charging only, well then they just have to be prepared to get a data cable somewhere else.
A sample of one is better than a sample of zero. Do you even own a ZTE Valet?
Go buy a new one anywhere and prove that the cable that comes with it does not work as a data cable.

cjon71

hpham
November 28, 2013, 5:47 pm
annepani
November 28, 2013, 12:05 pm
hpham

A sample of one is better than a sample of zero. Do you even own a ZTE Valet?
Go buy a new one anywhere and prove that the cable that comes with it does not work as a data cable.
I own a ZTE Valet and can tell you that the cable that comes in the Tracfone packaging is indeed a data cable.
I can also tell you that the data cable that came with my Kindle works with it as well.

cookielover

:-/ I activated my Valet 2 weeks ago on the tracfone website without difficulty, with my ~100 former minutes transferring as 200 talk, 100 text, 100 MB data. In those 2 weeks, the only phone calls I made were the required test ones the first day. Today I checked my balances as I have been mostly texting - found that I have zero talk minutes! I couldn't have used more than a couple that first day. Data and text units seem correct. I called Tracfone and they agreed awfully quickly to restore my 200 minutes. I asked it it's anything I could have done wrong to prevent it in the future and she just said they don't know but could be a computer problem? I googled this and found a website consumeraffairs.com where many people complain of tracfone minutes disappearing. I hope this doesn't become a repetitive problem. Any one else experience this?

After tracfone said they would add my 200 minutes back, I have called 2 more times in past 2 hours and keep being told "the ticket is still open, wait 15 more minutes." Getting more nervous!

hpham
Member Avatar

cookielover
November 30, 2013, 2:47 pm
:-/ I activated my Valet 2 weeks ago on the tracfone website without difficulty, with my ~100 former minutes transferring as 200 talk, 100 text, 100 MB data.
That's interesting. When I moved my phone number and units on 10/15/13 from an LG840 to the Valet, I called customer service and 2703 units became 2703 talk, 2703 text, and 2703Mb data. I just checked my balances and they were what they should be, nothing missing.

tfuser19

Based on our sample of two from hpham and cjon71, the USB cable that comes with the ZTE Valet is a data cable and apparently HSN is incorrectly listing it as a changing cable.

More data points from other Valet owners on the cable would be great.

cookielover

hpham
November 30, 2013, 3:28 pm
cookielover
November 30, 2013, 2:47 pm
:-/ I activated my Valet 2 weeks ago on the tracfone website without difficulty, with my ~100 former minutes transferring as 200 talk, 100 text, 100 MB data.
That's interesting. When I moved my phone number and units on 10/15/13 from an LG840 to the Valet, I called customer service and 2703 units became 2703 talk, 2703 text, and 2703Mb data. I just checked my balances and they were what they should be, nothing missing.
Talked to 2 more people at Tracfone. They say they have now sent the 200 minutes 3 times today, but my phone is not receiving them. The last rep now opened a "case# " and I am to wait 24 hours to see if the minutes arrive. If not, I have to call back. I am getting very concerned that adding minutes to this phone is not going to be brainless like it was on my antique tracfone that I just upgraded. :(

Ccmanz

I had had trouble with the google play store on my ZTE. It started crashing every time I tried to open it. I was unable to get it to work. I finally did a factory reset. After doing that my phone quit working. I was on the phone with support for over one hour before they got it working again.

Has anyone else had to do a factory reset?

Did you have any issues?

hpham
Member Avatar

I've read somewhere that a Valet owner lost all his service units after doing a reset. I don't know if that's possible, because on the TF Androids the service info is not stored on the phone. Anyhow, it's probably a good idea to request a balance report on your computer and store that information somewhere before doing a reset, and only doing a reset when a customer rep asked you to. If something goes wrong, s/he is responsible for it.

charmedangelina

@hpham

Was the person using the widget to check his balance? Resetting the phone could have reset the widget and not his minutes. Idk I'm new to this android stuff too. Do you guys think that I should upgrade to the Valet from the lg 840g? I live on the east coast where there is a lot of Verizon coverage so I should be fine. How is the phone? Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

charmedangelina
December 1, 2013, 11:38 pm
Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.
I was doing a Google search about the Valet and came across this review, it gives a very positive view of the phone. Hope that helps with your decision.

http://kb1awv.com/?p=1192

hpham
Member Avatar

charmedangelina
How is the phone? Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.
I wrote one of the reviews of this phone on Amazon, and answered most of the 170 questions in its Q&As. I upgraded from the LG840 and I love it. It's not slow and it's not glitchy. Most of the bad reviews that it got were for silly reasons: it doesn't have a sensor for astronomy work, it doesn't work with Straight Talk, each text will take 1 unit, Tracfone customer service is lousy, people didn't read the user manual, etc.

Take look at my review on Amazon and read all the Q&As, then only you can decide if it's a good phone for you. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

hpham
December 2, 2013, 7:29 am
I wrote one of the reviews of this phone on Amazon, and answered most of the 170 questions in its Q&As. I upgraded from the LG840 and I love it. It's not slow and it's not glitchy. Most of the bad reviews that it got were for silly reasons: it doesn't have a sensor for astronomy work, it doesn't work with Straight Talk, each text will take 1 unit, Tracfone customer service is lousy, people didn't read the user manual, etc.

Take look at my review on Amazon and read all the Q&As, then only you can decide if it's a good phone for you. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Oh that's you :D I've read them all, you do a great job. It was one of the reasons I decided to go with the Valet. Don't you just love how the people complain about TF customer service and other useless stuff then consider that a review for the phone. It's sad when people do that, it lowers the phone's score.

charmedangelina

hpham
December 2, 2013, 7:29 am
charmedangelina
How is the phone? Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.

I had no idea, I read all the reviews from amazon. It did seem like most were about the service and not the phone. I was scared because one user posted about not being able to unlock the phone after using google voice to text. They said they got a yellow box on top of the lock button and they cannot unlock the phone. It looks like a good phone to get. I might get it to try it out. Thanks guys for the response, it makes me even more confident in purchasing this phone. :D

charmedangelina

phoenix1
December 2, 2013, 5:45 am
charmedangelina
Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.
I was doing a Google search about the Valet and came across this review, it gives a very positive view of the phone. Hope that helps with your decision.

http://kb1awv.com/?p=1192
I never saw this articale before thank you. The phone looks so shiny and very attractive. :D

hpham
Member Avatar

charmedangelina
December 2, 2013, 11:16 am
I was scared because one user posted about not being able to unlock the phone after using google voice to text. They said they got a yellow box on top of the lock button and they cannot unlock the phone.
I use voice-to-text for the few messages that I've sent. No problems so far.

haymeadowfield

charmedangelina
@hpham

Was the person using the widget to check his balance? Resetting the phone could have reset the widget and not his minutes. Idk I'm new to this android stuff too. Do you guys think that I should upgrade to the Valet from the lg 840g? I live on the east coast where there is a lot of Verizon coverage so I should be fine. How is the phone? Is it really glitchy and slow or is it alright. I ask because I might get this for the holidays and don't know if I should be worried. Half the reviews I see are positive while the other half is negative.
I got the ZTE Valet because it works in my zip code. But a word of caution. There is a lot of Verizon coverage in my area also. But I just found out last week-end that there is a zip code area that this phone will not work in even tho there is Verizon coverage there. I called Tracfone (Miami) and they confirmed that this phone would not work in the zip code in question even tho there is Verizon coverage. It is an area that I go into a couple of times a month and is an important area for me to have cell service. Very disappointing. So, in a nutshell, just because there is Verizon service doesn't necessarily mean a Tracfone will work there. Best to check Tracfone site first before buying this phone. Other than that, I like the phone.

charmedangelina

haymeadowfield
December 2, 2013, 3:16 pm
charmedangelina
@hpham

I got the ZTE Valet because it works in my zip code. But a word of caution. There is a lot of Verizon coverage in my area also. But I just found out last week-end that there is a zip code area that this phone will not work in even tho there is Verizon coverage there. I called Tracfone (Miami) and they confirmed that this phone would not work in the zip code in question even tho there is Verizon coverage. It is an area that I go into a couple of times a month and is an important area for me to have cell service. Very disappointing. So, in a nutshell, just because there is Verizon service doesn't necessarily mean a Tracfone will work there. Best to check Tracfone site first before buying this phone. Other than that, I like the phone.
I had no idea, thanks for letting me know. I live in VA and on the website when I click on shop for phones and I enter my zip code I see all 4 androids show up on the screen. Does this mean that it will work in my area?

haymeadowfield

Yes they will work in your area. But if there is another area that you go to that you would want cell phone service, put that zip code in and see if the phone you are interested in shows up.

charmedangelina

haymeadowfield
December 2, 2013, 7:05 pm
Yes they will work in your area. But if there is another area that you go to that you would want cell phone service, put that zip code in and see if the phone you are interested in shows up.
I just did and it looks like it will work. Thank you all so much, you guys are awesome. I am so glad I discovered Turk Forums. :D

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I decided to move this info here to this ZTE Valet Topic for more people to see it, and maybe help them out.
hpham
December 1 2013
haymeadowfield
November 30 2013
Call Forwarding on ZTE Valet?
Can you call forward with this phone? .. I just found out yesterday that I have no service in another area I went into.
It is an area that is important to me. I go to this area about once a month. I had already transferred my number and
all of my minutes (over 3000) to this phone. And of course I can't go back to my old Lg800g without losing all of the
minutes.

I am wondering if I could activate the old Lg800g with a new number and put a few minutes on it. Then when I know
I am going to go into the area with no service, could I forward calls to the Lg800g? That phone works in this other area.

Or should I just go with another service that has coverage in both of these areas? Keep my number and sell this ZTE
with all of the minutes? If I could recoup some of the cost of the minutes, I would be happy... Just a thought.
The manual says you can do Call Forwarding with the Valet.

Forwarding Incoming Calls Call forwarding feature allows you to forward your incoming calls to another phone number.
1. Press the Home Key > "Phone" icon.
2. Press the Menu Key (lower right corner) > Settings > Call forwarding.
3. Tap an available option (Always forward, Forward when busy, or Forward when unanswered) to enable it.

millept
November 30, 2013, 11:08 pm
Usually, Tracfone does not allow call forwarding. Let us know if it works.
I just tested it and it worked... On the Valet, I set it to forward the calls to my work number, 785-345-6789 (just an
example). When I enabled it, the Valet dialed *727853456789, there was a beep-beep sound then the call ended.

I then used my wife's phone to call my Valet cell phone number, the Valet screen didn't show an incoming call.
The call went to my work number and I got my work voice mail greeting after a few rings. I disconnected the call.
Went back to the Valet and disabled call forwarding, the Valet dialed *73, there was a beep-beep sound then the
call ended. After that, I used my wife's phone to call the Valet and it rang as usual.

millept
December 1, 2013, 1:27 am
Another thing you might check is to see if the Valet gets charged for the amount of airtime used for the forwarded call.
It got charged for the two quick calls to enable and disable Call Forwarding. The forwarded call did not show up
in the call log and there was no charge for it.

haymeadowfield
December 1, 2013, 9:06 am
Sounds good. Dumb question - I take it you need to be in an area with service to set up call forwarding?
This is just my speculation...The short *72 and *73 calls need to talk to Verizon network to enable and disable
Call Forwarding, so you need to do that where there is service.

Ccmanz

charmedangelina
@hpham

My phone was showing over 1000 mins. But when I tried to make a call I would get a message from saying there was I problem trying to complete the call and to call service. My phone has been working fine after talking with them. I just wanted to know if anyone else had did a system reset and had the same issue. If so I wanted people to know this might happen. If other people had did a system reset and not had an issue. Then there may have been another reason my phone had quit working for a while.

My self I have no issues with the phone I am enjoying all the added items I am able to let my phone do and keep track of for me.

daikyozin

Regarding connection issues :
Most of the initial problems I had with the phone seem to have been resolved, after hours spent working with support - it now seems to be activated properly, I got my minutes transferred, the "My Account" widget is working - BUT I'm still having a devil of a time getting it to connect to my PC. The drivers seemed to install from the phone, but I really have to muck around with it. Turn USB debugging on and off, try all the different settings for connect to PC... it's just hard to get it to work. Is anyone finding that this is working as it should?
Also - is the JoinMe app working AT ALL for you on either the phone or the PC? I find that the only thing it does is, the PC app opens by itself whenever I plug any OTHER USB device into the PC.
If anyone can provide any insight into these issues, I'd appreciate it.

hpham
Member Avatar

The PC connection works flawlessly between my Valet and my PC. In an earlier post, you said you've got the PC connection to work by turning off debugging. Are you having new problems now? Is debugging turned on or off?

daikyozin

The problem is pretty much the same as before. Just about every time I connect it I get a "A USB device has malfunctioned" message on the PC. I usually get connected by turning debugging on and off, and also switching Connect to PC back and forth from MTP to PTP. If I do both of these things several times, I usually get a connection eventually. BTW, just now I plugged the powered-off phone into the PC and then turned it on. Debugging was off and connection was set to MTP. When the phone powered up I got the "USB device has malfunctioned" message but then the phone connected OK. Are there downloadable drivers available anywhere? I do have ZTE3G Phone ADB interface and ZTE Handset ADB Interface drivers appearing in device manager. There is also an unknown device without a driver appearing there, but I suppose that could be anything.
If it's working flawlessly for you, maybe I should be looking for another cause for the problems. Maybe my PC's USB ports are acting up.
Anyway, thanks again for your advice.

hpham
Member Avatar

When I connect my Valet to my Win7 laptop, in Device Manager I see an entry for Z665C under Portable Devices. I don't see any "ZTE" entries. If you can, try connecting your phone to another computer that runs Win7 or higher. If it works, something is wrong with your PC. If it doesn't work either, something is wrong with your phone.

Lipcrkr

I haven't been here in awhile because my Valet is working flawlessly. My phone only came with the charger but my data cable from my LG 840 is what i use. When i'm home, i use the data cable to charge on my computer as well as transferring pics, music, etc.
Since my PC is connected to my HDTV, i don't use the data as much as most of you guys, but did for a week in Vegas. Used the Wi-Fi and the Internet without any problems.
I love this phone, i'm sure it's not for everyone since my minutes, text, and data will be more than enough till Feb. when i will need a new card. I love playing with my phone and being on the Internet and TV at the same time.
The only reason i might upgrade my phone if something comes along that wows me like a much bigger screen, (when you're used to watching a 55" screen for the PC/TV, the tiny Valet screen can get frustrating when not at home), but other than that, the Valet is awesome.

hpham
Member Avatar

Lipcrkr
December 7, 2013, 7:07 pm
My phone only came with the charger but my data cable from my LG 840 is what i use.
The cable & charger that come with the phone can be separated, and the cable used for connecting to the PC to transfer data or charge the phone.

daikyozin

Well, today I went out and got another cable and it looks like I had a bad cable all along. How embarrassing. As long as USB debugging is turned off it seems to work fine. I also now have Z665C under Portable Devices in Device Manager though I still have two ZTE entries under Android Phone...don't know if these are needed. A lot of aggravation but I'm just glad I don't have to try to get the phone replaced.
BTW the JoinMe app on both the phone and the PC don't appear to work in any way, but I don't think I care.

hpham
Member Avatar

daikyozin
December 7, 2013, 8:32 pm
I also now have Z665C under Portable Devices in Device Manager though I still have two ZTE entries under Android Phone...don't know if these are needed.
Maybe those two ZTE ADB entries are associated with the debugging function. I don't have them because I never turned on debugging.

phoenix1
Member Avatar

If anyone is looking to get the Valet...Target has it in their ad today (12/8) for $69.99. Posted Image

runner

IamBogus
November 22, 2013, 10:25 am
IamBogus
November 21, 2013, 12:31 pm

Thank Runner - I uninstalled the update and the problem seems to have gone away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Bogus: I got the "text-to-speech stopped working" message on ZTE Awe (Jelly Bean like ZTE Valet). So, I wanted to know why I got the message and aked "what's the weather today" and it came with the temp, etc., but did not speak it. I uninstalled "text-to-speech" update, and now it speaks.

mtnman

Just ordered the valet from HSN,$79.99 with 600 min. included..which I think will be a 200 min. card as all min are tripled.all the android phones from tracfone do not accept promo codes ..should be a good up grade from my lg 505c..it may be a test for me as I have never used a smart phone before...also I did a lot of checking this phone out,it has pretty good reviews,and it seems tracfone, has not changed much in the phone,it is almost as set up by zte,,which I think is a GOOD thing...

bikerboy94

phoenix1
December 8, 2013, 6:41 am
If anyone is looking to get the Valet...Target has it in their ad today (12/8) for $69.99. Posted Image
HSN has it for $79.95 including 600 min 600 text 600 data. Also car charger and ear buds.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.