Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracfone.com shows Android Phones & Data Cards!
Topic Started: September 16, 2013, 1:22 pm (5,797 Views)
annepani

Tracfone.com 'Buy Airtime' page shows 'Tracfone Data Cards Only for Android Phones!

Hey All ..... Just noticed something on the Tracfone Buy Airtime page!

At the bottom of the page there is a new category -- Data Cards Only for Android Phones. With Carryover.

And the denominations are:

2 GIG - $50 for Web Browsing
750 MEG - $20 for Web Browsing
300 MEG - $10 for Web Browsing

And next to each category there is a picture of an airtime card with a brand new Tracfone design.
Not Net10, not anything else. Just Tracfone. And a brand new design For Tracfone only. (Did I already say that?)

But wait! There's more! The Tracfone Activate Phones page shows these 4 phones...

LG L38C LG Optimus Dynamic Gingerbread 2.3
SA S738C Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.0
ZTE Z665C ZTE Valet Android 4.1
Huawei H868C Huawei Glory Android 4.0

All CDMA... Are you listening, Turk?

Could it finally be coming true? And could HSN possibly be correct about something?
Is there really a new Tracfone Android coming? Hell just might freeze over twice this week.

Online Tutorials...

L38C LG Optimus Dynamic Gingerbread 2.3
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL38C&locale=en_US

SA S738C Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS738C&locale=en_US

ZTE Z665C ZTE Valet Android 4.1
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFZEZ665C&locale=en_US

Huawei H868C Huawei Glory Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFHUH868C&locale=en_US

Airtime Cards
https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?app=TRACFONE&lang=en&fromPopup=yes&payGo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone on androidcommunity.com who says he works for Tracfone posted on 09/13/13 that the release
date for these phones is September 21, 2013. His post sounds like all 4 will be released at the same time.

http://androidcommunity.com/tracfone-set-to-launch-four-new-android-phones-by-lg-20130419/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tarkio101

Great find! I guess that eliminates any guessing as to IF. Now it's just when. And on what phone. Huge news here.
Thanks for sharing.

Decent rates, especially on the lower end. For 10 bucks, you won't get much more than 300M on any carrier so for
basic use like most would want, I honestly have no complaints about that price and data amount.. Even 750 for 20
bucks is fair, and certainly not the worst around. Maybe they will have double or triple data phones someday?

Notice that the card does say "with carryover" Good to know. ..... This is so exciting. Things are heating up now!!!

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Wow! Now, that IS news. Tracfone offering four Android phones and apparently soon.

Thanks for sharing, annepani!

OMG, me thinks Turk B-) has fainted! . . . ;)
----------------------------------------------------------

I assume that the data cards will only be good for 30 days/a month, and then one has to buy a new card for the next
month.. The only good thing seems to be that unused data will carry over into the next month, if you buy a new card.
... But, I hope I'm proved to be wrong on the data cards only being good for a month. Time will tell.

ShadowDancer :O

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

Huge find! ... Again, thanks for letting us know annepani! :) Great job!

Tarkio101

And annepani, thanks for posting links to the cards and phones. It helps a lot. Surprisingly, the phones aren't half bad.
Looks like a couple are 4.1, another is 4.0 (android I'm referring to) and only one is 2.3.

Now, we will see which appears first, or if they a come out at once.

annepani

Tarkio101
September 16, 2013, 2:27 pm
And annepani, thanks for posting links to the cards and phones. It helps a lot.. Surprisingly, the phones aren't
half bad. Looks like a couple are 4.1, another is 4.0 (android I'm referring to) and only one is 2.3. Now, we will
see which appears first, or if they a come out at once.
And which are Sprint and which are Verizon, if any.

millept

annepani, thanks for posting that info...

I'm not sure if it will have any impact on me this late in the game, since I already get cheap PayGo data (from PTel)
on a refurbed android, and completely free data from FreedomPop.

For me to be interested, here's what I would hope to see from Tracfone:
1) Bundle pricing making the phone less expensive (or even better would be BYOD).
2) Data life of 90 days with carryover.
3) Coverage area equivalent to their voice coverage.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

I'm just guessing, but I feel that a particular phone model will run on the same Network as what it runs on both
Straight Talk and NET10. If my assumption is correct, then:

LG L38C which is the LG Optimus Dynamic (runs Gingerbread) should run on the Verizon Network.

Samsung S738C which is the Samsung Galaxy Centura (runs Ice Cream Sandwich) should run on the Verizon Network.

ZTE Z665C which is the ZTE Valet (runs Jelly Bean) should run on the Verizon Network.
(The Sweeper reported that the NET10 model will run on Verizon, when it's released.)

Huawei H868C which is the Huawei Glory (runs Ice Cream Sandwich) should run on the Sprint Network.
(The Sweeper posted that the NET10 model runs on Sprint.)

ShadowDancer :)

annepani

millept
September 16, 2013, 2:56 pm
annepani, thanks for posting that info. I'm not sure if it will have any impact on me this late in the game, since I
already get cheap PayGo data (from PTel) on a refurbed android, and completely free data from FreedomPop.
Hi millept.

I think the news is exciting for those of us who have thousands of Tracfone minutes on our Tracfones. Now we have
to see if our regular PayGo minutes can be transferred onto a Tracfone Android, or do we have to get special voice
minutes for it. If so I'm not interested.

Tarkio101

I know I am hoping at least one is Sprint... If they are all Verizon, I doubt I'll be as interested.

I would guess a minute will be a minute no matter the phone, since they are not showing any new "android" minute
cards. Seems like they would be on the page with all of the other cards and the new data cards if they were going to
come out with them. Seems like it'd be very confusing to try to do imo.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

@Tarkio101

I agree with you regarding the airtime cards. I don't feel that there will be separate cards. As you wrote, it would
be too confusing.

If Tracfone wants to charge more for minutes and texts on the Android phones, they will just deduct larger unit
increments.
----------------------------------------------

I'm wondering what the price of these Android phones will be on Tracfone. On NET10 and Straight Talk:

the LG Optimus Dynamic is selling for $80;

the Samsung Galaxy Centura is selling for $100;

and the Huawei Glory is selling for $100.

So, if Tracfone jacks up the price of these units so that they cost significantly more than what they do on NET10
and Straight Talk, I can and will pass on Tracfone's Android experience.

Tarkio101

Well, my prediction is that the phones won't cost any more than on Net10. If memory serves me, when the same
phone has been offered on Trac, net10, and straight talk, it's usually cheapest on Trac, little more on Net10, and
a little more again on ST. I don't see Trac trying to sell them for more than $100 because people just won't pay it.

If HSN has the Samsung on and packages minutes and covers and car charger and an app bundle all together
(like they do on most all android phones), they may ask 120 or so, but your typical Tracfone customer simply isn't
willing to spend much over that for a phone, imo.

tfuser19

@annepani, ..... Wow! Great post!

Questions I have:
1. I'm not sure I understand the new data cards...
- are they absolutely necessary for these new phones to have data access or are they just to buy extra data?
2. Will voice and data be two separate tanks on these new phones?
3. Will our existing Tracfone minutes work on these new phones for voice and/or data?
4. Which one of these four phones is the best one to get :) if both GSM and CDMA work in my area and I
want good quality voice and data?

LDBoarder

Hi Everyone, just went to the tracfone page and looked at the new 'Data cards'. If you click on the picture of the data
card you will get a close up image... Along with that there is an asterisked message that I have pasted here:

* This card will only add data usage if the phone has service days remaining. This card does not add service days,
* minutes or text messages, and can only be used for Activations or Reactivations if combined with an Airtime card.

I think this clears up a lot of questions. It looks like we will have to buy both minutes and data seperately, but only if
we need more of one or the other. And as long as our service dates don't run out.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Yep, these Android phones definitely have two tanks:

One tank for voice, texts, and service days and a second tank for data.

I don’t feel that we’ll be able to glean much additional information until Tracfone officially announces these Android
phones and its program and policies related to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Turk B-) – are you still with us?? Breathe, man . . . breathe!

Tarkio101

Alright kiddos, I was really curious about how the new data rates compare, I thought I'd better get some concrete
facts and not try to go off of memory. Rates frequently change as well, so here are some current ones for comparison.
I am really only looking at rates that are available with "minute" plans.

PlatinumTel --10 cents per MB.

H2O Wirelss-- 10 cents per MB.

Ting (very popular carrier right now) Their plans all require a $6 month charge regardless of use.
Including it, 100 MB= $9, 500MB=$22, 1G=$30, 2G=$48. And I believe this data does not roll over.

ChitChat Wireless (newer MVNO on Sprint) All are 3G/4G Wimax where available. 100MB= $5, 250MB= $10,
600MB= $20, Unlimited 3G only, (no 4G Wimax)=$30. All amounts are per month, no roll over.

AirVoice .66 cents per MB. $10 per month minimum charge for minutes/text/data.

Jolt Mobile .30 cents per MB. On this plan, all minutes and texts are .10 cents

Red Pocket .10 per MB. On this PayGo plan, all minutes and texts are also .10 cents.

Hope the data rate comparisons do somebody some good. Fyi, .10 cents per MB would equal approximately
$10 per 100 MB, or one third as much data as we will get on the lowest Tracfone plan ($10 for 300MB). Also,
several of the plans have much higher per minute rates on their "pay per usage" plans, so Trac would beat
them in minute costs for most people as well, especially anyone with double or triple minute phones.

Ok, found out not all that many plans offer plans by the minute, with data separate like it appears Tracfone will
be doing. Nowadays, most of them lump data in with unlimited voice and text. It's not easy to find data options
which don't require a large voice plan upfront.

The ones that do offer data either "per MB" or on a variety of plans are not really cheaper than these new Tracfone
plans in most cases. You can get much cheaper data, if you commit to buying several G's a month, but it's tougher
to get something you buy and use at your leisure. I couldn't find anything similar in fact.

I predict data usage will still be possible on Tracfones, just the way it is now. However I can't predict whether
they will make you buy at least some data plan on the Android phones. However, if they don't make you get a
data card, the per use rate is probably high enought that it won't make sense not to at least get the $10 plan
and use it whenever you need data. Even checking email or maps here and there could eat thru $10 worth of
minutes pretty quickly, so if the data cards are giving much favorable rates, most people would probably just
get one if they spring for an android phone in the first place.

And please, anyone, if I have any gross miscalculations on MB or anything, feel free to point them out.. It's been a
long day, but I was curious how these Trac rates compare, so I was kind of rushing to get some of the info I looked
up posted before I crash. Thanks :)

Tarkio101

I received a few picture messages this weekend that I was anxious to see, so I opened them on my phone instead
of transferring them to the computer first. The 3 pictures totaled about 1.5 MB, each was about 500K... The phone
used about 25 minutes to download them. At a rate of about 5 cents per minute, this works out to about $1 per MB.

Compare this to $10 per 300MB and I think we're looking at some real savings here... Again, if I have calculated
incorrectly (which I have done on occasion:)) please let me know and I'll pull the abacus back out and try it again.

annepani

Tarkio, both of your posts are fabulous. Thank you so much.

Joeb84

Great job annepani. That release date coincides with the date they will be showing the new Tracfone on HSN.

Out of the 4 phones, which one do you think is the best or are they all basically the same.

The LG is gingerbread, but aside from that, I just wanted your opinion.

annepani

Joeb84
September 16, 2013, 9:47 pm
Great job annepani. That release date coincides with the date they will be showing the new Tracfone on HSN.
Out of the 4 phones which one do you think is the best or are they all basically the same.
The LG is gingerbread, but aside from that, I just wanted your opinion.
Thank you for the compliment.
However, I am done having an opinion. I am just going to sit back and wait for the dust to clear on Sept 21.

It really is exhausting when Tracfone shows a glimmer of creativity and a spark of panache.

Tarkio101

Another data rate comparison. Again, these are not all completely fair comparisons, because this is an ATT contract
data rate, and it is intended to be shared between devices. However the arrangement, you can still see which costs
more...

On ATT, 300MB is $20, 1G is $40, 2G is $50. Of course, these are only after you spend $50 on a voice/text plan AND
add $10 per device sharing the data. You can't just buy the $10 card and use it with a pay by the minute plan/phone.
For an individual line only, the 300MB is the same, 3G is $30, and 5G is $50, but also only after buying a voice and
text plan.

ATT and Verizon prepaid rates with data are too jumbled to explain here. None of them are straightforward enough
to compare. But on ATT and Verizon, even with a contract, you must first spend around 50 bucks on voice/text, and
even then, the data rates aren't really cheaper than this new plan... And they are only good for one month, no carry
over. It's hard to compare, but I'm actually kind of excited about the data rates.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Hey guys, listen to what happened to me today on my way home.... I was driving home and a bunch of flying pigs
* came out of nowhere and hit my car, causing me to crash! ... I think I was dead for awhile, cause I met God, and
* God told me I was being sent to Hell, but not today, for Hell was frozen over at this time. So God was giving me a
* second chance and was sending me back to life.... Then I woke up in my car "ok"?
* I was confused by all this stuff that happened to me today, until I came on here and saw that Tracfone was finally
* putting out Android Phones?! ..... now it all makes sense! (LOL)

* Thanks annepani & everyone else for all the news and information you all posted so far about this great Tracfone news!
* I figured this must be big news or something if AKmaro1 showed up and graced us with his presence. (lol joking) ;)

* All four android phones listed do run on Verizon for Net10 and Straight Talk -- so I feel they will all be on Verizon for
* Tracfone as well -- unless Tracfone changes something.... I'm assuming GSM androids have to be coming soon to.

* Tarkio101 ... holy cow, all that info your posting on Data rates makes me feel like I'm back in Calculus class. (lol joking)
* In my opinion, of the 4 phones, I feel the Samsung and Huawei are the best, followed by the ZTE, followed by the LG.

* I hope these android phones can be used without having to buy a data plan/card ... I wouldn't care if I couldn't then
* use the browser, I don't use the browser anyway on my Tracfone now.... I'd just use the WiFi where it's available.

* Will I buy one of them? ... I don't know just yet ... maybe better androids are just around the corner?
* I'd hate to buy one of these, and in 2 or 3 months a better one comes along, like the Samsung Galaxy 2/3? (just sayin')

* I think the phones will be around the same price as they are for Net10 and Straight Talk, or maybe just a little more.
* I guess we now wait for Saturday to see what HSN has up their sleeves, and what "Tracfone Samsung" they'll offer?

* Attention All: I already have Official Phone Topics in the Phone Forum on here for the Net10: Samsung Galaxy
* Centura, Huawei Glory, and LG Optimus Dynamic ... so if these phones come to Tracfone, don't start a new phone
* topic, just continue to post in the official phone topics, and I'll then change the phone topic to include "Tracfone".

Turkdroid B-)

TF Noob

Those data rates are actually very competitive, and far better than their current 3G feature phone rates.

I guess this is why new tracfones have been few and far between compared to the past two years. People who are
new to Android will need to be aware of apps that "phone home" in order to function. Some are obvious, like social
media or GPS, but others may not be with most "free" apps being the worst offenders.

As a light user, I couldn't justify paying the $45-$50 per month just to have access to the nicer phones so, this is a
welcome development.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
As seen on Tracfone's "activate phones' page...

Posted Image

Piqutchi

Posted Image

On another note, which of the four phones with tutorials would you guys recommend, in the event that all four come to Tracfone?

tfuser19

Piqutchi
September 17, 2013, 12:20 pm
On another note, which of the four phones with tutorials would you guys recommend, in the event that all four come to Tracfone?
Did u see Turks response?

Anyone else have recommendations on these 4 phones.

Piqutchi

Oh, it looks like I overlooked that part of Turk's post.

Let me give my opinions on these phones, too:
Personally, the LG looks like it's the least viable, considering it has an outdated OS.. The Samsung looks slightly
better, because it has Android 4.0. From what I know, I would either say the Huawei would be best (with the 1Ghz
processor) or the ZTE (with Android 4.1). I'm waiting for more info on the ZTE before making my decision, though.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here's one of the first write-ups that I've seen about the Android smartphones coming to Tracfone.

The writer seems to have gathered most of his information from the announcement that annepani posted to another forum...

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2013/09/android-phones-and-affordable-data-may.html

Tarkio101

My observations are mainly that the Samsung has the best battery life, and the ZTE has the newer OS version.

The specs of the phones are all so similar.... I don't see the need for all 4.

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

Turk
September 17, 2013, 1:00 am
* I figured this must be big news or something if AKmaro1 showed up and graced us with his presence. (lol joking) ;)
I think Turk needs to check his records (LOL), I log in almost every day without fail, I just seldom post unless one
catches my interest. ;) And big announcements like this definitely qualify! ... I for one am glad much like Turk I
believe, that they should run on Verizon. For far too long Tracfone has kept the better phones for GSM users, but
as me and Turk know, in our area Verizon coverage does rule.

So I'll keep an eye on these and see what develops, with features and pricing. But for now I'll stick with my LG 290c,
which me and my GF still feel is fantastic!

BTW, we were starting to wonder if Turk would grace us with his presence in this thread. After all it's a dream come
true for him....LOL

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Regarding the four Android smartphones ... LG makes solid phones. I’ve had two LG phones in the past. But, the
LG Optimus Dynamic running Gingerbread!?! No way . . . . The ZTE Valet has not been released yet, so I know
next to nothing about it, and I question the quality of ZTE phones in general. . . .

The Huawei Glory, Turk claims, runs on Verizon. The Sweeper has posted that it runs on Sprint. I dunno, but if it
does run on Sprint, then it won’t work for me. And, that leaves the Samsung Galaxy Centura. I’ve had 2 Samsung
phones previously... I’ve never had problems with them, and the customer reviews on websites like Amazon are
generally positive towards it. However, it has had a few issues. But, if I needed a phone immediately, that is what
I would probably buy.

However, I’m not planning to rush out and purchase a phone the moment it becomes available. I’m like Turk. I want
to see how the Android smartphones work out on Tracfone, and perhaps Tracfone will offer a few more interesting
Android models within the next few months. But, sadly, I don’t feel that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is going to be one of
the models, as that phone is currently selling for $300 on Straight Talk. I believe that is wishful thinking on Turk’s part.
Further, I simply wouldn’t pay $300 for any phone that runs on Tracfone.

Tarkio101

I have had bad luck with numerous Samsung phones. All of them shut off randomly, sometimes quite often. In the
middle of calls, browsing, just sitting there, didn't seem to matter. I think they are better than they used to be though.

I think ZTE and Huawei are both good brands. They make great phones, but only their cheap stuff comes to the states.
They are both in the top 5 phone makers in the world, and that says a lot. This is a very fun chart to look at. And very
recent too: http://www.fiercewireless.com/europe/special-reports/analyzing-worlds-14-biggest-handset-makers

Notice 5-9 are all Chinese companies, and 6 of the top 12. I would imagine a lot of the 25% other category are
Chinese as well. They are really coming on strong. The Japanese and Korean companies are going to have to
fight for position.

With that said, none of these phones impress me. I'm not that concerned about every little spec, but I would like a
little something decent. I can take tradeoffs, but these offer pretty much universally low end specs.

I would think they would have more variety. A four inch screen on one, for example--even if it's not the fastest, best
screen, best camera etc. Or, one with at least a 5MP camera, or a front facing camera..again, even if it isn't super high
end in every way. I mean, spec for spec, 3 of these are virtually identical. Seems odd. I'm guess the LG is in the group
to be the cheap option. Probably at 79, while the rest are at 99 bucks.

What about the rest of you? Thoughts, ideas, or speculations? Let 'em fly. :)

ShadowDancer... I thought the ZTE Valet was on Straight Talk already. Maybe it has a different name?
And sometimes each version of a phone has a different name/number, so there could be multiple varieties of
essentially the same phone floating around. Makes it hard to compare. I thought the ZTE flurrry was about the
same as this Valet, with some different internals, but the same outside.

annepani

Tarkio101
September 17, 2013, 2:36 pm
My observations are mainly that the Samsung has the best battery life, and the ZTE has the newer OS version.
The specs of the phones are all so similar.... I don't see the need for all 4.
Personal preference. Some people like a Ford, some people like a Chevy.

People denigrate and belittle Tracfone for not offering its subscribers a choice of phones.
And now that Tracfone is offering a choice, they are still complaining. And these are the same people!

Did you have these complaints when Net10 offered essentially the same level of phone from different manufacturers?
So why are you picking on Tracfone?

Piqutchi

So we can't offer feedback to Tracfone?

tfuser19

Tarkio101
September 17, 2013, 2:36 pm
.....The specs of the phones are all so similar.... I don't see the need for all 4.
Are you saying you don't plan to buy all four? :) You'll be happy with just one.

What phone/provider do you currently have?

tfuser19

Piqutchi
September 18, 2013, 9:03 am
So we can't offer feedback to Tracfone?
Constructive feedback is always welcome .... ex: if your phone sucks, let us know how or why.

Piqutchi

I know. I was talking to annepani, who was complaining about how people were criticizing Tracfone's policies.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Tarkio101 wrote:

ShadowDancer... I thought the ZTE Valet was on Straight Talk already. Maybe it has a different name?
----------------------------------------------
Tarkio101 --

The ZTE Valet is on the Straight Talk activation page, and the Tutorial is up. But, as far as I can tell, Straight Talk has
not started to sell it yet.

annepani

Hi ShadowDancer. As a reminder, the ZTE Valet tutorial is also on the Tracfone page. The link to it is in the first post.

Tarkio101

ShadowDancer
September 18, 2013, 2:26 pm
Tarkio101 wrote:

---------------------------------------------
Tarkio101 --

The ZTE Valet is on the Straight Talk activation page, and the Tutorial is up. But, as far as I can tell, Straight Talk has
not started to sell it yet.

Gotcha. I just saw the phone mentioned with Straight Talk and figured it was one of theirs coming to Trac.
Didn't know they were just getting it.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
AKmaro1:

Turk
September 17, 2013, 1:00 am
I think Turk needs to check his records (LOL), I log in almost every day without fail, I just seldom post unless
one catches my interest. ;) .. And big announcements like this definitely qualify!
* AKmaro1 .... yeah man, I know you check in everyday, I do see that on my log/records, I was just teasing ya...
* It's been awhile since I took a jab at you, so I was just shaking off the rust, that's all. (lol) ... you know me.. ;)

* annepani ... I don't think Tarkio101 was really complaining about these 4 phones, I think he was just making a
* comment, that's all. :) Just like my old highschool football coach use to say to us at halftime -- "remember the
* three C's" -- to stay cool, calm, and collective. (then of course we went out and got our butts handed to us in the
* second half!) (LOL) ..... so remember, let's all stay cool, calm, and collective about these new android releases.

* I'm guessing the Samsung Galaxy Centura will be the Tracfone android released on HSN (hopefully) this Saturday?
* If it is, is anyone here gonna buy it? - Will anyone here buy any android HSN releases, no matter what? (just asking)

* I think I'll sit back and wait until all of them come out, then think about it, and then make my choice on which one.
* But, if they do require a Data Plan to work, I may end up having to pass on them, which would be disappointing.

The Turkinator B-)

Joeb84

I agree with Turk and think it will also be the Samsung they offer on HSN. They feature a lot of Samsung products.
It seems like a pretty decent phone. I would definitely buy it if it is priced around $99, comes with a 1400 minute card
and Triple Minutes for the Life of the phone. If you have to purchase a separate data plan or is more expensive to
operate, I think I will pass. I think then I will buy the LG 840 instead. Right now I have the lg 800 and am looking to
upgrade. I have been with Tracfone for about 10 years and have always been pleased with their service, so it will
definitely be another Tracfone phone.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk
September 18, 2013, 11:08 pm
* I'm guessing the Samsung Galaxy Centura will be the Tracfone android released on HSN (hopefully) this Saturday?
* If it is, is anyone here gonna buy it? - Will anyone here buy any android HSN releases, no matter what? (just asking)

* I think I'll sit back and wait until all of them come out, then think about it, and then make my choice on which one.
* But, if they do require a Data Plan to work, I may end up having to pass on them, which would be disappointing.

The Turkinator B-)
I agree with Turk, too. If there was any truth to that HSN flyer, the “world launch” will be the HSN launch of the Samsung
Galaxy Centura smartphone on Tracfone –hopefully on Saturday, September 21st. ...However, I won’t hold my breath.

At the same time, Turk makes an excellent point about the data cards. I would also like to know if one has to buy a
data card in order to operate the phone; when does a Data Card expire; and will data coverage be limited to one’s
zip code. I would have the most need for data coverage when I’m on the road -–not when I’m at home.

The bottom-line is that, if Tracfone’s data policy turns out to be too expensive and/or doesn’t meet my needs, then I
will pass on its smartphones, too. After all, I am still very attached to my LG 840g. It’s a great, little phone for the price!

tfuser19

Here's what I got from AlexTrac on the subject:

"The data cards are needed for the new Android handsets. For Andoid phones to serve its functionality, it needs data.
Minutes for voice and text will be purchased separately with the data cards. The existing PayGo plans will still work
on these new phones. All of these phones are CDMA technology. Should you have any question, please send us an
email at [email protected] Thank you!"

I'm not sure I understand all the details, but that's what AlexTrac said verbatim.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

tfuser19
September 19, 2013, 12:53 am
Here's what I got from AlexTrac on the subject:

"The data cards are needed for the new Android handsets. For Andoid phones to serve its functionality, it needs data.
Minutes for voice and text will be purchased separately with the data cards. The existing PayGo plans will still work
on these new phones. All of these phones are CDMA technology. Should you have any question, please send us an
email at [email protected] Thank you!"

I'm not sure I understand all the details, but that's what AlexTrac said verbatim.
Interesting. . . . Still a lot of unanswered questions regarding the data cards. Perhaps we all need to start bombarding
the Tracfone Corporate Resolution Team with emails to see what additional information that we can glean from them.

Thanks for sharing, tfuser19!

ShadowDancer :huh:

Joeb84

Just got a message from Melissa Dawson that Hsn will be showing the Samsung Centura.

She did not supply any other information.

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

Thanks Turk for the shout out, I always appreciate it!

Anyhow, I'm thinking with the data cards for the new Android phones, a good route for Tracfone would be to only
require us to buy cards when we need to, not every 90 days or so... So as long as our phones are active, and we
buy regular airtime at the 90 day minimum, we would only have to buy a new data card when we start running low.
That would be a great route for me and many others I suspect.... ^o) Here's hoping...

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

AKmaro1
September 19, 2013, 2:21 pm
Anyhow, I'm thinking with the data cards for the new Android phones, a good route for Tracfone would be to only
require us to buy cards when we need to, not every 90 days or so... So as long as our phones are active, and we
buy regular airtime at the 90 day minimum, we would only have to buy a new data card when we start running low.
That would be a great route for me and many others I suspect.... ^o) Here's hoping...
AKmaro1 --

I agree! Here's to hoping . . .

ShadowDancer ^_^

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here's the link to the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura listing on HSN.com:

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-centura-android-tracfone-wgoogle-play/7260446

Thanks to dorani51 for this information!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Attention Everyone: Yes!, the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura android is coming out this weekend to HSN!

* I have jump started the (Trac/Net10) Samsung Galaxy Centura phone topic located in the phone forum on here.

* Use the link below to go there if you can't find it... and start posting all new phone info/questions there... thanks. ;)

* Phone Topic Link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5090547/1/#new

Samsung Galaxy Turk B-)

ST Dog

Tarkio101
September 16, 2013, 8:04 pm
AirVoice .66 cents per MB. $10 per month minimum charge for minutes/text/data.
Some out of date info there.

AirVoice dropped to 2.5¢ per MB for the $10 plan (and the unlimited voice plans)
and 6.6¢ per MB on the pay go plans( which cost $1/month to stay active).

See the Sept update and table here http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2013/07/airvoice-wireless-data-lowers-data.html

I had been considering the $10 plan as the rates are great now, but the added cost of the phone has slowed me down.
I have a year and 500 minutes on my S390G, so no rush.

Now with TF androids, the calculations change a lot.

tfuser19

I just started a thread on the ZTE Z665C Valet Android 4.1 spotted at a Best Buy.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I just want to say that after thinking about it, I ended up not buying the Samsung Galaxy Centura / HSN special.
* As I said up above on post #41 last week, that I would wait until all of them came out and then think about it.

* So that is what I am gonna do -- just wait a few months and see what happens -- plus, I'm in no rush, I have time.
* And who knows, maybe around the Holidays/Black Friday, one of these androids might be really cheap to buy !

* What I might also do is wait to see what GSM models Tracfone puts out first, just to see if any of them are any good.
* And who knows, maybe Tracfone will release that Blackberry Curve (9310c) they have out for Net10 & Straight Talk.

* I like Blackberry phones (in case any of you didn't know, lol) - so I wouldn't mind giving that Blackberry Curve a try.
* Androids will be here for a long time, but Blackberrys are almost extinct, so I think I'd like to try a Blackberry out first.

* Ps: I'm glad Tracfone released CDMA androids ... I always thought if a Tracfone android came out, it would be GSM.

TuRkFoNe B-)

ST Dog

Now listed at Target.com in store only. Not shown as in stock at any nearby stores yet.
FB post suggested they go on sale Sunday, Sept 29th.

LG L38C - $80
http://www.target.com/p/tracfone-lg-38-pre-paid-cell-phone-black-tclgl38cpt

Huawei H868C - $85 (regular price $100)
http://www.target.com/p/tracfone-huawei-868-pre-paid-cell-phone-black-tchuh868cp

tfuser19

Umm, these specs look wrong:

TracFone Huawei 868 Specs from Target site:
Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Video Resolution: No Built-In Video Recorder

TracFone LG 38 Specs from Target site:
Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536

ST Dog

tfuser19
September 29, 2013, 12:09 am
Umm, these specs look wrong:
That's probably the camera resolution.

3M pixel cameras on the other 2 androids, and 2048 x 1536 is 3M.

I doubt the H868C doesn't do video, but it's possible.

cjon71

ST Dog
September 28, 2013, 11:50 pm
Now listed at Target.com in store only. Not shown as in stock at any nearby stores yet.
FB post suggested they go on sale Sunday, Sept 29th.

LG L38C - $80
http://www.target.com/p/tracfone-lg-38-pre-paid-cell-phone-black-tclgl38cpt

Huawei H868C - $85 (regular price $100)
http://www.target.com/p/tracfone-huawei-868-pre-paid-cell-phone-black-tchuh868cp
Those phones have been listed on their website for at least a month. I think they are probably Net10 phones.

ST Dog

cjon71
September 29, 2013, 10:40 am
Those phones have been listed on their website for at least a month. I think they are probably Net10 phones.
Those are the other two that are supposed to be TF.
And the model part numbers are more like TF than NET or ST.

TCLGL38CPT - TC should be TF, but Straight Talk would be ST and NET10 would be NT
Same with the Huawei, TCHUH868CP

They may well be bad listings, but have to see, like anything TF, until on the shelf or order-able online,
we never really know.

cjon71

ST Dog
September 29, 2013, 12:45 pm
cjon71
September 29, 2013, 10:40 am
Those are the other two that are supposed to be TF.
And the model part numbers are more like TF than NET or ST.

TCLGL38CPT - TC should be TF, but Straight Talk would be ST and NET10 would be NT
Same with the Huawei, TCHUH868CP

They may well be bad listings, but have to see, like anything TF, until on the shelf or order-able online,
we never really know.
Target may be jumping the gun also.
I used their search function and none of the Targets in my area have either phone in stock.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.