Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Huawei H210c & H215g Phone Topic
Topic Started: August 30, 2013, 3:15 pm (3,743 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on these 2 phones, please post it all here ... thanks.

Posted Image
* Thanks to Sweeper who found out information on these phones for us on the Tracfone/Net10 websites (picture above).

* There appears to be two Huawei phones (h210c & h215g) coming out for Tracfone/ Net10 -- one is CDMA and one is GSM.
* They are both blackberry style phones and seem to have a: 2.0mp camera, MP3 player, bluetooth, and 3G + WiFi ?!?

* Wow, if the CDMA version has this, this would be the first CDMA Tracfone to offer 3G + WiFi ... interesting, very interesting.
* Too bad it didn't also have an FM Radio built in, cause I'm a big fan of having FM Radios on phones.

* Tracfone Huawei h210c Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?
* Net10 Huawei h210c Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?

* Tracfone Huawei h215g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/comingsoon.seam?
* Net10 Huawei h215g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/comingsoon.seam?

* I am looking forward to this phone if it has the 3G + WiFi ... will I get it? ... we'll just have to wait and see, Turkamaniacs. ;)

The Turkster B-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tfuser19

Turk,

Cool ..... new toys coming soon I hope.

They look nice. I wonder how the Huawei h215g compares to the Samsung S390G which also has 3G and WiFi.
Did not look at the tutorials yet.

I got "Tutorials for this device will be coming soon!" when clicking on the Huawei h215g tutorial links.
Did they work 4 u? .. The h210c links worked fine.

Can anyone tell me how to pronounce "Huawei" ? :$ .... n/m .... I found it .... sounds like "Wha way" to me in the video.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* tfuser19 .... yes, the h210c tutorial links both work fine ... but the h215g tutorial links are still showing as "coming soon".

* Here is the User Guide for the Huawei H210c:
* http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8134/docs/210C%20English%20Manual.pdf

ShadowDancer
August 31 2013
What do you think, Turk B-) ? ... At least, Tracfone claims that the new model has 3G/Wifi.

UPDATE:
While the user guide definitely shows that this phone can run on 3G, I can't find anything that
indicates that it has Wifi connectivity... If anyone discovers evidence of WiFi, please post, and let us know.
* ShadowDancer .... I may be interested in getting the Huawei h210c if it has WiFi ... if it doesn't, then I probably
* won't get it since I have my Samsung s380c ... and there's not much difference between the two anyway.

* If you look at the phone picture up close, there seems to be two sets of signal bars side by side on the phone screen...
* maybe the one set of signal bars is for tower reception? ... and maybe the other one is for WiFi reception?

* Ps: if the h210c does have 3G and WiFi, this will open up a whole new can of worms for CDMA Tracfones...
* that means they can now (hopefully) start making some nice CDMA touchscreen phones with 3G and WiFi.. ;)

Turk WiFi B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk B-) --

Yes, I see the two sets of signal bars in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. That's different. . . . Hmm,
your explanation certainly is plausible --one for tower reception and one for WiFi reception. Don't know.

Usually, WiFi uses a pie-shaped symbol. But, given that this is a Chinese phone, it may use a symbol for WiFi
that's a bit different than what we are normally used to seeing.

Can you think of any 3g capable phones that do not include WiFi?

It would be a tempting CDMA phone if it has both 3g AND WiFi. Otherwise, as you said, why bother to buy it!

ShadowDancer :)

annepani

ShadowDancer
September 2, 2013, 2:20 am
Turk B-) -- Can you think of any 3g capable phones that do not include WiFi?
Well yes, the Samsung s425g is 3G but no Wifi. Most if not all of the Tracfones issued since about June 2012 have
been 3G, including the lowly $10 s150g, or whatever that model was.

But only 2 of them have WiFi.

pjonthemount

How do you get the Tracfone interactive tutorials for specific phone models?

annepani

pjonthemount
September 2, 2013, 1:33 pm
How do you get the Tracfone interactive tutorials for specific phone models?
For Tracfone:
go to www.tracfone.com > Support > Learn About Your Phone > click on the icon for your phone.

The user manual can be downloaded from this page also. The link to it is at the bottom of the left-hand column.

For Net10:
go to www.net10wireless.com > Current Customer (in upper right) > Service & Support > Phone Tutorials > Click on
your phone's icon.

The user guide can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the left-hand column.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Thanks, Annepani, for the info! I figured that if there were phones with 3g and no WiFi, they would be on Tracfone.
I'm dubious that you will ever see a GSM 2g produced again simply because AT&T is shutting down its 2G Network.
---------------------------------------------------

@pjonthemount --

Here is the link to the Tracfone page which contains images of all of its phone models:

http://www.tracfone.com/models/phoneModels.jsp?brandName#

(Sometimes, the page loads slowly, so you may have to wait for a bit.)

But, once you reach the page, click on any phone's image, and that will take you directly to that particular
phone's Tutorial. If the phone, which you clicked on, doesn't have a Tutorial, you will either get a message
that says something like: "Tutorial Coming Soon!" or "Error."

ShadowDancer :)

pjonthemount

Thanks, ya'll.

PJ

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk B-) wrote:

* If you look at the phone picture up close, there seems to be two sets of signal bars side by side on the phone screen...
* maybe the one set of signal bars is for tower reception? ... and maybe the other one is for WiFi reception?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turk B-) --

I have perused several Huawei phone manuals. These are Huawei phones that are currently available and have
WiFi. ... In these manuals, the presence of WiFi is clearly noted, and the WiFi symbol, the pie-shaped wedge, is
used/identified. Consequently, I'm very dubious at this point that the two sets of signals bars on the Huawei 210C
screen are suggesting WiFi.

However, I still can't figure out what else they might mean. It could be that one set of signal bars is for the 1X (2G)
Network, and the other set of signal bars is for the 3G Network. But, that seems to me to be a rather clumsy way to
show signal reception. So, I guess only time will tell.

ShadowDancer ^o)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
ShadowDancer:

However, I still can't figure out what else they might mean. It could be that one set of signal bars is for the 1X (2G)
Network, and the other set of signal bars is for the 3G Network. But, that seems to me to be a rather clumsy way to
* Yeah, I don't know what it means either, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what it is -- one for 1X and one for 3G.
* If that is the case, I go on record as saying - "that sucks" and "that is stupid" - if that turns out to be that, without WiFi.

* I guess as soon as the Huawei h215g tutorials are up and running, we'll be able to see if it mentions WiFi on that phone.
* Anyway, until the truth comes out, I guess I'll just have to have a little glimmer of hope in Tracfone this time around. ;)

TurkFi B-)

tfuser19

ShadowDancer
September 2, 2013, 5:12 pm
I have perused several Huawei phone manuals. These are Huawei phones that are currently available and have
WiFi. ... In these manuals, the presence of WiFi is clearly noted, and the WiFi symbol, the pie-shaped wedge, is
used/identified. Consequently, I'm very dubious at this point that the two sets of signals bars on the Huawei 210C
screen are suggesting WiFi.

The Huawei H210C Tutorial link has a User Guide PDF which shows a 1X and a 3G icon on page 8 of the manual.
If you go to the Make Calls tutorial, step 2 - the screen background color for the top area is dark - it's fuzzy to read,
but looks like the leftmost icon is 1X and the icon next to is 3G. I'd say that agrees with your speculation about those
two icons.

Nowhere in the manual or tutorial is there any mention of WiFi. :(

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

tfuser19 wrote:

The Huawei H210C Tutorial link has a User Guide PDF which shows a 1X and a 3G icon on page 8 of the manual. If you go to the Make Calls
tutorial, step 2 - the screen background color for the top area is dark - it's fuzzy to read, but looks like the leftmost icon is 1X and the icon next
to is 3G. I'd say that agrees with your speculation about those two icons.

Thanks, tfuser19! ... I appreciate you taking a look at the Huawei H210C manual.
If either of the two phones ends up with WiFi, I'll bet it will be the GSM phone. But, maybe neither one will have it.
-------------------------------------------------------

Turk B-) wrote:

* Yeah, I don't know what it means either, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what it is -- one for 1X and one for 3G.
* If that is the case, I go on record as saying - "that sucks" and "that is stupid" if that turns out to be that, without WiFi.

I agree!

ShadowDancer ^o)

ciliegia

If you look at the tutorial on the TF site:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=STHUH210C&locale=en_US

It claims that it does have wi-fi in the specs... but can't be found within the available tutorials. Interesting.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok ... I'm gonna throw a few crazy ideas out there and see if any one of them sticks to the wall in the future.
* These ideas I'm talking about deal with the 3G / WiFi part of these two phones -- this is what will happen...

A. Neither the h210c or the h215g will have 3G and WiFi .... it's all a mistake by Tracfone.
B. The (CDMA) h210c won't have 3G or WiFi .... but the (GSM) h215g will have both 3G and WiFi.
C. Both the h210c and h215g will both have 3G and WiFi.

* I'm gonna go way out on a limb and pick option C ... and this is how I figure it...

* The GSM h215g will most likely have both 3G + WiFi, just like the Samsung s390g ... but what about the CDMA h210c?
* Well, I think the h210c will also have both 3G + WiFi ... and that is what I feel the second set of 3G signal bars are for.

* Verizon is still keeping the 1X (2G) network for awhile, and that is what the h210c still has shown on it.
* So why would the h210c phone have 2 sets of signal bars on it then if it is still using the 1X (2G) network?

* Well, maybe the h210c will be a hybrid?
* The 1X signal to pick up Verizon's towers for phone calls - and the 3G signal to pick up AT&T's towers for WiFi only?

* Would the 3G signal on the h210c just be used for picking up Verizon's 3G?, just for browsing the phone's native browser?
* If that's the case, why wouldn't they just have the h210c be all 3G, just like how all the new GSM Tracfones are now?

* Anyway, this is all just speculation on my part - I guess as soon as the h215g tutorials are available, we'll know more.
* If we get lucky and the CDMA h210c does have both 3G + WiFi, I will probably end up getting it and trying it out. ;)

Turk B-) G

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, I finally see the Phone Tutorials are up and running for the Huawei h215g ... and it shows no WiFi, only 3G?

* Tracfone Huawei h215g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?

* Net10 Huawei h215g Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?

* But it still shows 3G + WiFi for the Huawei h210c? .... it would be odd if the h210c has WiFi and the h215g didn't.

* It's showing the h210c phone for the h215g tutorials, which is also odd (this has been odd from the very beginning!) (lol)

* I don't know what to say anymore about all of this ... I guess we'll just have to wait til it comes out to finally know the truth.

* If the h210c doesn't have WiFi, I'll pass ... cause I may end up just getting an android phone down the road for Tracfone.

* My Samsung s380c is the original Freeform 3 ... I was kind of hoping for Tracfone to put out the Samsung Freeform 4 or 5.

Turk Out B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the 3G/WiFi Connectivity listed for the Huawei H210C in its Tutorial is simply the result
of someone’s inattention to details... In contrast, the person who was responsible for the Huawei H215G Tutorial was
fully focused on details and striving for accuracy.

There is just no evidence of WiFi on these phones in either user manuals. . . .But, then, who cares if there are indeed
Android phones a'coming!

ShadowDancer ^_^

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Wal-Mart has the H215G listed on the site, but shows out of stock ($50)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Net10-Huawei-H215G-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/29010044

annepani

The Sweeper
October 18, 2013, 5:59 am
Wal-Mart has the H215G listed on the site, but shows out of stock ($50)
That is the Net10 version only.

Slivros

I browsed the FCC reports for both phones. Didn't see a single mention of WiFi for either one.

Not in the descriptions, not in the specifications, and there's no tests for it or of it.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Not big news or anything, but I just thought I'd post this info while we wait for these phones to show up in stores.

* I saw at one of my many Walmart stores the other day, they had the sales peg/price tag out for the Net10 Huawei h210c.

* The sales peg/price tag was listed as being $50 for the Net10 Huawei h210c .. so I'm guessing the Tracfone version
* will be around the same price .... and Sweeper said above the Net10 Huawei h215g was gonna be $50 as well.

* The only thing I'm interested in seeing about the Huawei h210c is whether it'll have WiFi or not, that's about it...
* if it does have WiFi (which I doubt), I may get it... but we'll see... ;)

Turk Out B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, I see over on the Net10 website that the Huawei h215g phone is now for sale -- price is $50. (as expected)

* Net10.com Sales Link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?action=view&market=GSM4

* You may have to scroll down to the bottom of the Net10 sales page to see it listed ..... (and it use AT&T).

* Alrighty, this h215g phone doesn't have WiFi, now all I want to do is make sure the h210c does or doesn't have WiFi.

NETURK B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I thought I'd also post this info here...

* I was at one of my many Walmart stores yesterday, and I saw the Straight Talk Huawei h210c out for sale there.

* The price for the ST version was $60 -- and it uses Verizon -- and I'm sure the Tracfone version will be around $50.

* Anyway, I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 (s380c) on me - so I decided to take a few quick pictures of it.

* This phone, and the the h215g, does not come with WiFi - it's just a basic blackberry type phone - and it looks bulky.

* Here is the link for the Straight Talk version if interested: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5257346/1/#new

* Well, that confirms it, no WiFi ... looks like I will be passing on this phone, unless I got it cheap, for like $20. (lol) ;)

TURKFONE B-)

annepani

No picture?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* annepani ... the pictures I took were of the Straight Talk Huawei h210c -- follow the ST link above to see the phone.
* I posted the info here just to say that neither phone (210c / 215g) won't have WiFi like we thought it would originally.

* I see over on the Net10 website that the Huawei h210c phone is now for sale -- price is also $50. (as expected)
* Net10.com Sales Link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

* You may have to scroll down to the bottom of the Net10 sales page to see it listed ..... (and it use Verizon).
* So I guess no more speculating about WiFi on these phones ... they are just your basic Tracfone feature phones.

* Too bad, because if the h210c did have WiFi, I may have tried it out for awhile before going to an android phone.
* Ps: if anyone gets either of these two phones (210c or 215g) feel free to let us know how they are, I'd be interested.

The Turk B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores yesterday, and I finally saw this phone out for sale, for the first time ever!
* The new Net10 Huawei h210c -- price was $50 (same price as the h215g) -- and it uses the Verizon network.
* Anyway, I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 (s380c) on me -- so I decided to take a few quick pictures of it.
* This phone, and the h215g, does not come with WiFi - it's just a basic qwerty feature phone - it seems a little bulky.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3 B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Gosh, I basically forgot all about this phone over the last 6 months or so... but anyway, here is some news...

* First off, I never saw the Tracfone version available for sale anywhere yet, until now...

* Now I see over on Walmart.com, that they now have the Tracfone Huawei h210c with TMFL for sale for $40.

* Sales Link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-Prepaid-Huawei-H210C-Triple-Minute-Cell-Phone/36216150

* Maybe it's gonna start showing up in stores soon.. ;)

B-) kruT | Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Hmm. Says it's "Limited Sock" in a local store. Well, let's gas up the rig.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Finally found the phone ($40) at Wal-Mart in West Lebanon, NH... Almost as elusive as the LG 505C, but that never appeared in stores.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ST Dog

I wonder if it has the new data rate like the LG 305G?

I'd be interested in using it if it does. The touchscreen on the LG 305G is holding me back from it.

Also, it's be the first 3G CDMA feature phone that I know of, and only the second with wi-fi.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the pictures of this phone .... finally, after months of waiting, it appeared! (lol)

* I haven't seen the Tracfone version anywhere around here yet ... but it'll be popping up soon enough.

* ST Dog .... unfortunately, this phone doesn't have WiFi ... nor does the Huawei h215g...

* I was actually planning on getting the h210c at first, but when we found out it wasn't going to have WiFi, I passed.

* Anyway, if anyone does get this phone, feel free to let us know how it is ... thanks.. ;)

hTURKc B-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.