Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Who would you like to see win the Baseball World Series?
Kansas City Royals
San Francisco Giants
I don't care who wins.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracfone's Updated Mobile Web Homepage
Topic Started: August 7, 2013, 1:48 am (2,632 Views)
Tarkio101

Has anyone else noticed that Tracfone has updated their mobile web homepage.. It's a nicely refreshed page.
To start with, it just looks better. There are more options in more categories. For example, under news, it gives
quite a wider variety of options.

I do have a number of bookmarks that I use, but this new homepage is actually pretty decent and I have found
myself using it more than the old one. It's not any major, just a nice little improvement. Anyone else enjoying it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tfuser19

Thanks... Guess I don't visit it enuf to notice the difference.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

@Tarkio101 --

I don't use my browser too often, so I hadn't noticed the updated Tracfone mobile web homepage.

But, now that I see it, I like it. I will use it.

Thanks for calling it to our attention!

ShadowDancer ^_^

Tarkio101

I usually go straight for my own bookmarks when I use the web... I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how much
nicer the layout and look of things was. Looks like they may be paying a little more attention to the data side of things.

It could have been this way for months, and I wouldn't have known, since I seldom went there either. That's why
I brought it up... And I will say, I have pretty good luck with the links they provide. Seems like they are all mobile
optimized and work well.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Tarkio101 .... you talking about using Tracfone's mobile web homepage through the Tracfone native browser on
* the Tracfone, or through a WiFi connection browser?

* First of all, I hardly ever use my (CDMA) Samusng s380c Tracfone native browser, haven't used it in like, 5 months
* or so, until today, when I decided to try it out by going to Tracfone's homepage on it.

* I didn't know what to expect, because I never went to Tracfone's homepage before on my s380c... but the homepage
* seemed kind of cheap to me... but, maybe it's different or better using a GSM Tracfone?

* Now, however, I did try it on an Android device through WiFi, and the Tracfone homepage looked pretty good on it.

* So, was this through your Tracfone GSM native browser, or through your Tracfone GSM WiFi connection? (just curious)

Turkio101 B-)

Tarkio101

I am referring to the main screen that opens when you open the native browser. It's the same page whether I'm using the network or wifi. Its a list of categories that I break down below... I am listing what is in under each category since many Tracfone users have not used the browser, are hesitant to go clicking around exploring because it will cost them, or simply don't know what is there yet. Knowing what's there can help.

Tracfone Games -- You can purchase games for your phone using minutes, no credit card needed. The games that will work correctly on your phone are the ones that will show up. Should be no compatability issues. For the LG 840G, the selection is decent, and the few that I have purchased are enjoyable. Most cost about $5. For me, it is nice to have 1 or 2 games I like available to kill time once in a while. Some available are Skee-ball, Texas Hold'em, Little Big City (like the Sims), Fruit Ninja, Asphalt 6, Dragon Hunter, Smash kart Racing, Mahjong, Solitaire, Blackjack, Iron Man 2, Oregon Trail 2, and many others. The games are all from Gameloft, so you can go to their real website and see more about each game, since all you get on the phone is a screenshot.

Rings & Graphics --Self explanatory. Also have different tones for SMS alerts etc, screen savers. Most are around $2, give or take.

Weather, Social & Email -- Provides links to Accuweather mobile site. You can save your zip code, view radar view, also satellite view, and other maps. And YES, it does have radar that you can play and watch the motion as it has changed over the past hour or so. I know that was a question someone had had previously about apps. Well, this does it!

Social and Email -- Social tab has Links to Facebook, Google Plus, MySpace, Linked In, Match.com, Pinterest, Twitter.
Email tab has login pages for Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, and AOL.

Sports News & Money --Sports tab links to ESPN, Fox, Yahoo Sports, MLB, NBA, NFL mobile sites.
News links include one for local news, by your zip code or city etc. Mobile sites for Fox, AOL News, MSN, CNN,
Huffington Post, New York Times, and Time Magazine.
Under Money are Fox Business, NASDAQ, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, and CNBC.

Entertainment --Celebrity tab includes People, Huffington Post Celebrtiy, ET, and StyleList.
TV tab has mobile sites for Disney, MTV, VH1, and Telemundo.
Movies tab has Fandango, Flixster, and Moviefone mobile sites.

Online Services -- Linke to Retailers -- Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, Overstock, Fab.com, Target, Best Buy, Toy R Us, IKEA, and Barnes and Noble .
Job Search Tab contains links to Monster, Careerbuilder, Snag A Job, Craigslist, Indeed, Simply Hired, and AOL Jobs
Travel tab has links to Exedia, Travelzoo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Trip Advisor, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire.
Info Tab contains linkes to Yelp, Wikipedia, Dictionary, Thesaurus, WebMD, Livestrong, Allrecipes, Food.com, Urbanspoon.

Search -- Links to 411 Search, Bing, Blekko, and Yahoo.

As you can see, Tracfone hs provided links to most popular webistes to make it easy to get around online. In all but one case, it took me directly to the mobile site, which can save money (sometimes the real site will try to load first, eat up data, only to close itself out before opening because it was too big).

So, if you do ever have a need to use the mobile web on your phone, these links can be a real saver versus taking the time to type in web addresses since you can't do it in qwerty mode, and is better than going to google, searching for the site you want, loading the results, and clicking the link. In addition, all of these pages of menus are lite, and not data hungry at all. So, it can help you get where you want to go faster, save on data, and work pretty predictably.

Hope someone finds this info useful. Since I have wifi, I can browse thru all i want and it doesn't cost me anything, I thought I would just pass on what's in each menu.

annepani

Great writeup, Tarkio101... Thank you.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

@Tarkio101 --

I agree! .. Nice write-up.

I can't figure out what Tracfone page that Turk was looking at. I went to the mobile homepage on both of my Tracfones.
It was the same page for both my Samsung r455c non-Wi-Fi phone and for my LG 840g phone using Wi-Fi... In fact,
given those nice links on the new Tracfone mobile homepage, I can actually navigate to the things that I like to check
on the Internet better on my Samsung r455c now than previously. So, I feel the makeover was well done.

Thanks again for calling it to our attention!

ShadowDancer :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Aaahhh ... ok ... now I understand what you all were talking about ... I misunderstood the topic title, sorry about that.

* I thought you meant Tracfone.com's website on the native browser ... so I went to Tracfone.com on my browser. (lol)

* Yeah, the Mobile Web Homepage is better ... I noticed that awhile back when I tried it on my current Samsung s380c.

* I still don't use the browser that often ... but it is now easier, better, and faster to get to places when I am on it though.

* Ps: the reason I misunderstood the topic was because, DoctorM sent me a jug of his homemade Texas moonshine
* a few weeks ago in celebration of Turk Forums 4th Anniversary ... so I guess I am still feeling the effects of it. :X (lol)

Not Boss Hogg, but Boss Turk B-)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

:wub:

Tech
Member Avatar

Animated weather radar does not work which is really the only thing I'd find to be "useful" in the true sense of the term.

Opera mini 4.5 is the best browser for this device hands down.

People seem to like UC browser as well, but like the Tracfone browser, it's just a marketing tool. Built for consumers
instead of end users.

Tarkio101

To view animated weather radar maps, go to:

Regular Tracfone browser homepage (which I think is only available in the stock browser) :$
Weather
accuweather mobile homepage (actually the only option)
enter your zip code
scroll down to bottom of page
click on option 6 (labeled Radar, Satellite, Maps)

You can see either Radar or Satellite view by clicking on the corresponding link) The both have the option to "Play"
beneath it. Neither one really work well, at least on my phone.
But the image on Radar and Satellite will have a time stamp in the corner, so you know when it was taken.

However, if you click on Maps (last of the 3), and then click "PLAY" immediately below the image, it will be animated.
You can zoom out and see a much wider view. You can also pan up down, left, right etc. It will show the last hour of
movement and is updated every 15 minutes. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps someone out. I know getting animated radar images has been a challenge on this phone.
It does work though!

Tech
Member Avatar

Tarkio101
August 17, 2013, 7:17 pm
However, if you click on Maps (last of the 3), and then click "PLAY" immediately below the image, it will be
animated. You can zoom out and see a much wider view. You can also pan up down, left, right etc. .. It will
show the last hour of movement and is updated every 15 minutes. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps someone out. I know getting animated radar images has been a challenge on this phone.
It does work though!
Gotcha. Thanks, Tark. Animated radar does work when clicking on "maps" instead of...radar. I bookmarked my
area at the zoom level I wanted and so then it works great for doppler radar on the fly now without having to go
through all of that. Page opens and plays automatically...

Tarkio101

That's awesome... Glad to hear it's working for you!

a5253628

Can you tell what is the URL of the Tracfone mobile web homepage?

I'm not sure if my Samsung T301G slider will show the URL.

It used to be on a site called mcore.com I think, but doesn't seem to be there any more.

tfuser19

http://tf.tracfone.com

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

@a5253628--

The web address (URL) that shows when my phone browser loads the Tracfone mobile web homepage is:

http://tf.tracfone.com/

Hope this helps...

ShadowDancer :)

a5253628

It turns out the T301G can display the URL, it's one of the options when you press the Options soft key.

ST Dog

I don't ever use the default home page on any browser.

I generally know where I want to go, and have bookmarks for those sites.
If It's not a location I frequent it's because I'm searching for something and will need a search engine anyway,
so use the bookmark for that (or the search box in many browsers like Opera and UC).

I'd be happy if the I could change the stock browser to just go to a blank page like all my other browsers are set.
It's not been possible on any of the TF browsers I've used as it's stored in the phone configuration (parameter
125) as m.tracfone.com depending on the UA string sent, it redirects to different sites, liek tf.tracfone.com or
tfmt.tracfone.com (and androids get a different page too).

tfuser19

ST Dog,
With the Samsung Centura S738C stock browser, you can change the home page to be anything you want now. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.