|* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.|
* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!
* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.
* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.
* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!
* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.
|Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S3 (S960L)|
|Tweet Topic Started: April 12, 2013, 3:47 pm (6,699 Views)|
|ShadowDancer||April 12, 2013, 3:47 pm Post #1|
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.
The Samsung SCH-S960L, which some have speculated may be dubbed the Samsung Galaxy S Showcase 2,
apparently is a version of the popular Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone, and it will be coming to Straight Talk as
well as NET10. It is a CDMA phone. But, debate is raging over whether the phone will use the Verizon Network
or the Sprint Network... The prefix added to the model number is "SCH-" which has in the past been associated
with Verizon phones... Sweeper, however, claims that the phone's PRL, shown in its Tutorial, is a Sprint PRL.
Details relating to the phone's actual release date is unknown. However, a photo of a Wal-Mart price tag for the
phone has appeared in another phone forum, and it lists the price of the Samsung S960L as $439.88.
This phone will run on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), and it is advertised as being 4G capable. However, further debate
is ensuing as to whether the phone will actually be capable of handling 4G LTE, or whether that capacity has been
crippled. Android specs include 7 Home Screens, 8 mp camera/video recorder, 3G/WiFi Connectivity, MP3 player,
GPS enabled, bluetooth, etc, etc...
Although this model was removed from the Straight Talk Activation Page several weeks ago and has yet to reappear
there, the phone's Tutorial did appear on April 11, 2013, on the Straight Talk website.
Here's a link to the Straight Talk Samsung S960L Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?
Here's a link to the Straight Talk User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/7791/docs/960L%20English.pdf
(Note: the link to the PDF Guide is currently crashing.)
And, here is a link to additional commentary on the launch of the Straight Talk Samsung S960L:
StraightTalk to Launch CDMA-Powered Samsung Galaxy S III for $439.99
|ShadowDancer||May 3, 2013, 9:04 pm Post #2|
Well, folks, The Sweeper called it correctly...
According to Sara, our Straight Talk Customer Service Rep, the new Samsung Galaxy S3 (S960L), Straight Talk's
first 4G LTE phone will run on ... SPRINT.
|buckeyegurl86||May 4, 2013, 9:05 am Post #3|
Thats fail for runnin on sprint, cause sprint prepaid sucks...
|The Sweeper||May 11, 2013, 6:21 am Post #4|
Bad To The Bone.
The phone has been spotted in store on another forum and a pic was posted there, it does confirm that it is a
Sprint based phone... I actually wished I had called this one wrong.
|ShadowDancer||May 11, 2013, 8:47 am Post #5|
I hear your pain...
But, earlier this year, Verizon announced that it was reserving its 4G LTE for its contract customers, and just a
few days ago, AT&T stated that it will be reserving its 4G Network for its premium-paying customers.
Consequently, if Tracfone Wireless, Inc. announces any future phone models which are 4G capable, I feel that
it will be safe to assume that a CDMA phone will operate on Sprint and a GSM phone will operate on T-Mobile.
That is, until either Verizon or AT&T changes this current policy, and I don't see that happening unless there is
some unforeseen and dramatic change in the wireless landscape which will force them to do so.
|The Sweeper||May 14, 2013, 4:35 am Post #6|
Bad To The Bone.
Now available from the Straight Talk website...
|Turk||May 15, 2013, 12:35 am Post #7|
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks to everyone above, for all the information so far, on this new phone...
* One of my many Walmart stores had them in last week already, but only had a photo-copied picture of it hanging up.
* The price of it at Walmart was the same as Straight Talk's website --> $440 <-- ouch! (lol) .... and it does use Sprint.
* I asked the Walmart worker if I could take a look at the phone/box, and maybe get a quick picture of it...
* He said, "sure" ... but when he went to open the cabinets, he couldn't find the right key, then he said that another
* worker had it on them and they were on break at the moment ..... I said to him, "that was ok, maybe next time".
* All I have to say is... $440 + Sprint = Failure .... who knows, maybe one day ST will release it on AT&T and/or Verizon.
Picture provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3
|Boondock Saint||May 15, 2013, 7:16 am Post #8|
Like many others I am considering the new Samsung Galaxy S3 on ST.
Before I saw the phone available on ST's website I was considering purchasing a factory unlocked GSM S3 on EBay.
Then just purchasing the Sim Card from ST (since ST uses both CDMA & GSM).
From discussions I guess that 4G is not available on this network neither GSM or CDMA due to those premier carrier
restrictions of ATT and Verison... What about Tmobile's 4G? ... Does anybody see an advantage to a GSM S3 over a
Or now that ST has joined Tmobile as the only lower tier carriers to start offering the S3 just go with the CDMA version
available through them.
|willic||February 12, 2014, 2:19 pm Post #9|
||Does any of the iPhones on Straight Talk use Verizon towers?|
|Turk||February 12, 2014, 11:38 pm Post #10|
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* willic ... hi ... yes, all or most of the iPhones offered from Straight Talk use Verizon.
* Here is a link to the Straight Talk iPhone Topic we have on here located in this Straight Talk Phone Forum...
|Tommyday22||November 26, 2014, 9:36 pm Post #11|
||Saw on Straight Talk's website that this phone is selling for $99 refurbished.|
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Straight Talk only Smart Phone Forum · Next Topic »|