Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Are you ready for some Football?!! .... the NFL starts up this week .... are you a fan of the NFL?
Yes / can't wait! / I am a fan of the NFL.
No / don't care / I am not a fan of the NFL.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Huawei Glory (H868C) Phone Topic
Topic Started: April 2, 2013, 5:20 pm (17,271 Views)
ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* Attention Turkamaniacs: Tracfone Promotion Codes do not work with the new Tracfone Android Phones.

* Located in the Topics Forum: Tracfone/Net10 - Apps for Androids - we discuss different apps for android devices.

There is still another new Android smartphone coming to Net10 and Straight Talk this year...
It is called the Huawei Glory (H868C), and it is characterized as a low-to-mid-entry smartphone.

It is a CDMA phone, and the Sweeper feels that it will probably use the Sprint Network. The unit will run Android
4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and its Android specs include 3G/Wi-Fi connectivity, 5 home screens, 3.2mp camera
/video recorder, GPS enabled, FM radio, MP3 player, bluetooth, etc. ... However, the details regarding the actual
pricing and release date are still unknown.

Here's a link to the phone's Net10 Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?

Here's a link to its Net10 User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/7748/docs/868C%20ENG.pdf

And, here's a link to a brief, early overview of the Straight Talk version: http://contractsaredead.com/huawei/glory/

ShadowDancer :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I stopped by one of my many Walmart stores today, and look at what I happened to see out for the first time ever!?
* The new Net10 Huawei Glory android phone -- price was $100 -- and it uses the Verizon network, which is good.
* Anyway, I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 on me (the Samsung s380c) -- so I took a few quick pictures of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3 B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Not big news or anything ... but I see over on Net10's website that this phone is now for sale over there.

* Price is the same as in stores -- $100.

* Here's the Net10.com sales link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

* Well, that's about it... carry on, nothing more to see here, folks.. ;)

Turk10 B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* History in the making! .... That's right folks, Tracfone is now officially releasing some android phones!

* And, this Huawei Glory (H868C) phone is suppose to be one of the first of four androids to be released soon.

* Tracfone Huawei Glory Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?/TFHUH868C

* So from now on, let's try to keep all information and news about this phone here ... thanks ... carry on! ;)

TurkFone B-)

ciliegia

Does anyone know anything about this phone besides what is said on the TF site?

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Here's a link to a review of the Straight Talk version of the H868C.. Sounds like a fairly nice phone.

I think I may be more interested in it than the Samsung Centura.

Huawei has been making phones for quite a while, so it should be a decent unit.

http://contractsaredead.com/?q=huawei-glory-h868c-review

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I stopped by one of my many Walmart stores today, and look at what I happened to see out for the first time ever!
* The new Tracfone Huawei Glory android -- price was $100, same as the Net10 version -- and it uses Verizon.
* Anyway, I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 on me (the Samsung s380c) -- so I took a few quick pictures of it.
* I would have bought it to test it out, but I didn't have $100 on me at the time. (I'm considering this phone or the ZTE)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, I stopped by another one of my many Walmart stores today, and they had this phone in stock, so I bought it.

* I played around with it for about 2 hours off and on, and I think I have covered everything I could think of of interest.

* So if anyone has any basic questions on it, feel free to ask away, and I'll try to answer them as time goes by...

* I'm not planning on keeping it, I just bought it to test it out, I'm returning it within a week, then maybe buy the ZTE to test.

* So far it's an "ok" phone, it doesn't look of feel fancy, kind of bland in appearance, and runs/operates "ok", nothing great.

* I'll give more impressions of it throughout the week ... so if you have any questions, fire away, and I'll get back to you. ;)

T u B-) r K

tfuser19

@Turk,
I'm guessing you did not activate it and you have to buy minutes to activate ....... no test minutes/days coming
with these new phones?

If I recall correctly, this is your first hand-on experience for an Android, is that correct?

Did you try WiFi/browsing or checking email?

How's the camera? Can you turn the shutter sound off (cannot do that with the darn Centura - unless you turn
off sound for the entire phone). :(

Would be interesting to know how long it lasts on a full charger before getting to say 25% -- and I know this
depends on how much you're using it -- but you can give us an idea.

If you get your hands on a Centura, I'd love to know how it compares to the H868C.

My Centura needs a charge every day, but I've been using it a lot.

Zef

We have Antutu results on the Samsung and ZTE it would be great to also compare the Huawei.
Some more benchmarks are Passmark, Vellamo, Geekbench, and SunSpider.

The specs listed in CPU-Z app from all 3 phones (Samsung, ZTE, Huawei) would also be a great comparison
and spec list. Especially the Huawei... This is a weird model number with not a lot of spec info listed out (such
as what CPU) on the internet.

tfuser19

These phones have shown up at other WalMarts in Hendersonville, NC and southern Indiana.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Hi Turk,

Just wondering if you've tried using the FM radio. If so, how does it perform? How is the sound and general reception?
Would you characterize the phone's operations as fast, slow, or in the middle compared to other phones?

tfuser19

the Wizard
October 9, 2013, 6:17 pm
Hi Turk,

Just wondering if you've tried using the FM radio. If so, how does it perform? How is the sound and general reception?
Would you characterize the phone's operations as fast, slow, or in the middle compared to other phones?
Does it really have an FM radio since there's no mention of it on the package pictures?

annepani

tfuser19
October 9, 2013, 6:35 pm
Does it really have an FM radio since there's no mention of it on the package pictures?
Yes it really does have an FM radio.
Read the online tutorial. Or the manual. It is covered in the topic named -- can you believe it? -- FM radio.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
. . . . . . . . . . . *** Turk's Mini Review of the Tracfone Huawei Glory ***

* Ok, I'm gonna answer all your question in the order you all posted them ... and give some other basic info as well.
* I did not and will not activate this phone, cause I'm not keeping it ... so I can't answer questions on call quality, etc.

* tfuser19 ... no, this is not my first hands on experiences with android ... don't know where you got that or thought that.
* I'm very familiar with android products, etc - I'm not an android expert, but I know enough, and have experience with it.

* The phone's 3.5 inch screen isn't gonna cut it with me, I feel I need a bigger screen, I have big hands, so there you go.
* And the keyboard for typing on this phone is small and kind of frustrating, almost feels like you'd need a stylus.
* However, maybe for a female this phone won't be that bad to use, or for a guy with small hands, just saying.

* The phone's cell tower signal reception seems to be pretty good on it - I get full bars (all bars) on it around here.
* But I do live close to a Verizon cell tower - and my area is good with Verizon coverage - but your area may differ.

* Yes it has an FM Radio built in (which I like) most Huawei androids have an FM Radio built it them, kudos to Huawei!
* The FM Radio sounds good and gets good reception (at least around my area) & it gives you 40 preset stations - wow!

* The phone does have adobe flash player pre-installed (which I like) - makes it nice to watch almost anything you want.
* The phone's Wifi connected to my home router easily, and got great Wifi reception -- it has a good "signal magnet".

* Surfing Wifi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow ... it handles some websites good, and some sites not so good.
* I was able to download some Apps from the Google Play Store with no problems - and games play ok on this phone.

* The phone also has the Chrome browser installed along with the Tracfone native browser ... the Chrome browser
* works so much better than Tracfone's native browser ... and you can remove all browsers from the home screen if
* you like so you don't have to worry about bumping it and turning it on and losing data minutes, etc.

* The pinch and zoom feature doesn't work on all websites on this phone - and when it does work, it's kind of choppy
* zooming in and out... it's not that smooth like some of the better android devices.

* The battery on this phone is 1750 mah, which is kind of large for such a small phone ... the Tracfone specs for the
* battery says something like 5 hours of talk and 15 days of standby .... I've used this phone a lot and the battery just
* won't die! (LOL)

* The Camera is 3.2mp and the recorder is VGA ... pictures aren't that great, but decent, they have a slight blur to them.
* The videos are viewable, but they are a little grainy and blurry .. and it has (4X) digital zoom for camera and recorder.
* There is only one shutter sound available, which sounds ok, and you can't turn it off from what I can tell, which is weird.
* And the camera doesn't have a Flash on it.

* The Touch Screen is sometimes sensitive and responsive, and sometimes not... sometimes you have to hit the
* screen a few times for the button to work ... and the same goes for scrolling, sometimes smooth, sometimes not.

* Here is some other info that's on the phone...

Doesn't come with a free Micro SD Card.

Antutu Benchmark App Test showed: 4152 ... (some of you wanted to know)

Internal Storage statistics:
Internal Space: 2.67 GB.
185mb used for Apps
96.00kb used for Misc.
32.00kb used for Audio (music/ringtones)
Available: 2.41 GB.
The battery is 1750mah.

-----------------------------------------------------

* All in all, it's a nice, decent, little android phone ... but maybe it's not for me, just a little too small for me, that's all. :)
* Is it worth $100? ... maybe, maybe not, maybe to you it is, which is fine ... I'd probably buy it if I got it for under $80.

* I'm gonna return this phone soon and then go buy the ZTE Valet and give it a look over, just for curiosity sake.
* So if any of you have anymore questions, feel free to just ask, and I'll try my best to answer them ... thanks.. ;)

Huawei Turk B-)

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Hi Turk,

Thanks a lot for the detailed info. I eagerly await your comments on the ZTE Valet.

tfuser19

Turk
October 10, 2013, 2:15 am
* tfuser19 ... no, this is not my first hands on experiences with android ... don't know where you got that or thought that.
@Turk,
Sheesh ^o) - I meant 1st Tracfone Android . So is it your first Tracfone Android hands on?
If not, which other Tracfone Android did I miss your reviews on?
Aside from that, I don't recall you posting about Android experiences ... course I don't follow ST and NET10 posts.

Thanks the writeup. Hope you get to reviewing them all including the Centura. ;)

ST Dog

Turk
The phone's 3.5 inch screen isn't gonna cut it with me, I feel I need a bigger screen, I have big hands, so there you go.
You'll have that issue with any phone. Even the 4" screens are tight for the average male.
By the time you get a big enough screen the device is too big (IMO).

I have 7" tablets, and nearly always type in landscape because the keyboard is so small in portrait.

Quote:

The phone also has the Chrome browser installed along with the Tracfone native browser ... the Chrome browser works so much better than Tracfone's native browser ...
Don't think it''s fair to call the stock/default browser "Tracfone's" as TF didn't write or design it.
Not on any device. Would be interesting in seeing what Huawei did compared to the 100% stock Android 4.0 browser. I've still got a pretty vanilla ICS tablet (not many customizations by the OEM).

Quote:

The Camera is 3.2mp and the recorder is VGA ... pictures aren't that great, but decent, they have a slight blur to them.
Maybe at some point they will start spec'ing the cameras better. Just giving a pixel count says little.
My 1.8MP camera made great shots even at 1/4 res (800x600), far better than the most 3MP point and shoot cameras I've tried. Soot, my little VGA (640x480) fixed focus Canon from '92 shoots better than any TF (and comparable) camera I've seen.

What's the sensor size? What's the aperture (f-stop) on it? What's the shutter speed?
Lens properties (like spherical aberration, aspherical distortion, and chromatic aberration) need evaluated.

Quote:

Antutu Benchmark App Test showed: 4152 ... (some of you wanted to know)
Not bad results. That's higher than what I've seen for the Centura and ZTE.
I know some of the modified ROMS help the Centura a lot by removing bloatware. I suspect removing the same on the other phones would help too.

Also, new AA51 ROM for the Centura allows overclocking, and I saw a report of 1.2GHz being stable.

I haven't seen any overclocking options for the rest, and they my not have as much headroom.
12GHz should be doable on the 1GHz CPUs but there may be other issues that prevent it (memory, graphics, etc)

Quote:

Internal Storage statistics:
Internal Space: 2.67 GB.
Available: 2.41 GB.
Sounds like a decent layout and better use of the 4GB space than others.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
tfuser19
October 10 2013
Turk
@Turk,
Sheesh ^o) - I meant 1st Tracfone Android .. So is it your first Tracfone Android hands on?
If not, which other Tracfone Android did I miss your reviews on?
Aside from that, I don't recall you posting about Android experiences ... course I don't follow ST and NET10 posts.

Thanks the writeup. Hope you get to reviewing them all including the Centura. ;)
* tfuser19 .... yes, I would have to say that this is the first Tracfone android hands on...
* I've had more hands on experiences actually with the better Androids and iPhones out there than low end androids.
* I don't talk much about androids, because on the forums here, we always mainly dealt with Tracfone phones. (lol)
* I'd like for the Samsung Centura to finally get out in stores so I could buy it and test it out just for fun, then return it.

* You all are welcome for the Mini-review of the Huawei Glory ... hope it helps ... and feel free to ask any more questions.

* I have one question about any of these Tracfone androids...
> I see some reviews here and there, where people are saying that these new androids don't accept Promo Codes
* when adding airtime cards ... is that true? ..... if it is true, I guess I could understand that and accept it. .... thanks.

Turk Glory B-)

tfuser19

Turk
October 11, 2013, 12:02 am
> I see some reviews here and there, where people are saying that these new androids don't accept Promo Codes
* when adding airtime cards ... is that true? ..... if it is true, I guess I could understand that and accept it. .... thanks.
@Turk,
Yep, people have called Tracfone to confirm this after they found the promo code box to be greyed out on the website when
activating their phones, so it's true - no promo codes can be used when adding time directly to Tracfone Androids.

Below

tfuser19
October 11, 2013, 1:11 am
Turk
October 11, 2013, 12:02 am
@Turk,
Yep, people have called Tracfone to confirm this after they found the promo code box to be greyed out on the website when
activating their phones, so it's true - no promo codes can be used when adding time directly to Tracfone Androids.
And what is the reasoning behind this!?!?!??

tfuser19

One way to receive your Tracfone Android's phone balance is to create a shortcut/bookmark like this:
"https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=1112223333"

where 1112223333 is your 10-digit Tracfone #.

Now you will be prompted to enter the last 4-digits of your phone's MEID which you can find under Menu->System settings->About phone->MEID (this works on Centura, someone please confirm for Huawei)

If you find it easy to remember those 4-digits, then you don't have to enter your 10-digit phone which is required to get your balance the usual way.

Receiving the text with your balance is free.

ST Dog

Below
October 12, 2013, 1:45 am
And what is the reasoning behind this!?!?!?
What is the reasoning behind anything TF does?

I suspect TF is trying to get away from them.
They made more sense in the non-DMFL, non-TMFL days.
But with all the TMFL offerings and now the 3 bucket system, promo codes have likely run their course.

They will stick around for the older phones for a while, but in a few years I suspect they will just be a memory.
The last few 1000 phones that could use them will be replaced with androids and that'll be the end of them.
(Much like the older non-GSM, non-CDMA phones were replaced)

gdsmit1

Does Swype come installed on this phone? If not, have you installed it? It makes typing on these tiny screens MUCH easier.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
gdsmit1

Does Swype come installed on this phone? .. If not, have you installed it?
It makes typing on these tiny screens MUCH easier.
* gdsmit ... from what I remember, I think it does come with Swype... most of these androids today now have that.
* Plus, look up on Post #7 above, in the pictures of the phone, it says on the box it has Swype.
-----------------------------

* Attention: just in case no one knows this, but Tracfone Promotion Codes do not work on the new Android Phones.

* This has been talked about just a little around the internet world, and just a little on this forum as well...
* So I thought I'd better get this Info out there on these android phone topics.

* I got a message from a Tracfone Rep on here today, verifying that Promo Codes don't work on the new Android Phones!

* So I guess if you want, try and load up on your old phone before you transfer over to an Android phone (just saying). ;)

T U R K B-)

tfuser19

Tracfone Android Balance App on Google Play Store

Lipcrkr

I'm returning my Valet later today at Best Buy, the screen froze.
My local Target store has the TracFone Huawei 868c in stock. I may exchange it for the Huawai.

I like that the Glory has an FM radio.
Although it's Ice Cream instead of Jelly Bean, it still has the same processor 1 gig.

annepani

Lipcrkr
October 19, 2013, 4:40 am
My local Target store has the TracFone Huawei 868c in stock. I may exchange it for the Huawai.

Although it's Ice Cream instead of Jelly Bean, it still has the same processor 1 gig.
If you get the Glory, please post a review SOON. I have been waiting for news of the Huawei. Thanks.

Like you, I like a phone with an FM radio.

Lipcrkr

annepani
October 19, 2013, 6:59 am
Lipcrkr
October 19, 2013, 4:40 am

If you get the Glory, please post a review SOON. I have been waiting for news of the Huawei. Thanks.

Like you, I like a phone with an FM radio.
Thanks anne, I will make my presence felt.
It won't be till about 8 pm p.s.t. as I am going to be with friends and won't be able to hit the Mall till then.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Purchased the Hauwei H868C (Glory) at Walmart Thursday afternoon for $100. I decided not to transfer minutes from my LG 840G just yet in view of the nightmare my neighbor has had with her Samsung Galaxy Centura. Instead I bought 30 minutes online and activated it at the same time. Unfortunately, after 30 hours I still can not make any calls with the phone. I spent more than two hours on the phone yesterday with TF who so far have been totally incapable of figuring out what the problem is. They have a record of my purchase of 30 minutes (which became 90) but still every time I attempt to make a call, I get a message informing me that there isn't enough money in my account to make the call. I'll call them again tomorrow but if it isn't resolved then, I'll probably head over to Best Buy and try my luck with the Valet.

I am not impressed with the text resolution on the Glory's screen. Leaves much to be desired. I've also had problems unlocking the screen. Once in a while I can do it with one left-to-right swipe but most of the time it requires three to five attempts before it unlocks, sometimes even more than that. I also found navigation around the phone to be less intuitive than I had expected but that may be because I'm more used to Android 4.3 which I have on my Nexus 7 tablet. As Turk indicated, the Wi-Fi seems strong. Have not decided at this point whether to keep it or not, even if TF does get the phone part working.

tfuser19

@the Wizard,
Did you dial *22890 after activation? ... My two Centuras were immediately usable upon activation.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

tfuser19,

Yes, I did call *22890 and on the third call I got confirmation that the phone had been activated. But when I tried to make a call, I got the message mentioned above. And that's been the same on every call I've tried to make since midday yesterday. I was on the phone with people at TF for more than two hours. They don't have a clue why their computer hasn't credited my account for the time I bought. If it isn't resolved by tomorrow, I'm returning the phone to Walmart and buying the ZTE Valet in the hopes that there won't be a repeat of the same situation.

By the way, on the unlocking, I discovered that I was starting the swipe from the wrong place. I just accidentally swiped from inside the circle and it's worked every time since I started doing that. Before I was starting the swipe to the left of the circle. I was able to install Talkatone and Text+ from the Google Store. Talkatone works fine but for some reason Text+ won't work. After typing my password I get the message "Something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again." I'm wondering if this version of the app simply does not work with Android 4.04. I think I'll uninstall it and try once more before giving up on it. I'll see what luck I have with getting Wechat running.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Hi All,

Just thought I would give a brief update about my continuing saga with TF and my Huawei Glory. Phone is still not working. Spent about 40 minutes talking with someone at a different call center who actually seemed competent. She said the phone is not telling their computer how many minutes it has left. The computer probably then assumes that there are no minutes left and I get this message about there not being enough money in my account to make the call.

She asked for another 24 hours to see if the issue can be resolved and I agreed. But if it isn't fixed by tomorrow evening, the phone is going back to Walmart Tuesday morning. I'm actually getting kinda used to the phone and liking it. Not sure whether I'll try another Glory or give the Valet a try. I've had some fun with the phone using the Wi-Fi. Last night I listened to some Internet radio stations and the quality of the music was much better than what I heard on the FM radio, so I'm not sure whether the poor quality of the music I heard on FM was a function of the phone or less than ideal reception/tuning.

annepani

the Wizard
October 20, 2013, 11:37 pm
Hi All,

I'm actually getting kinda used to the phone and liking it. I've had some fun with the phone using the Wi-Fi. Last night I listened to some Internet radio stations and the quality of the music was much better than what I heard on the FM radio, so I'm not sure whether the poor quality of the music I heard on FM was a function of the phone or less than ideal reception/tuning.
Hi Wizard.

I really like FM radios in cell phones so of course I am anxious for news of the Glory's radio. Could you listen
to PBS radio and tell us what the quality is like. PBS is mostly spoken so maybe it would be more acceptable
than the music stations. Can't wait to hear more. Keep it coming.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

annepani,

After spending more time with the Glory's FM radio yesterday, I believe it will be fine for listening to NPR and such. I listened to a number of public radio stations last night and the voices sounded fine for the post part. Even some of the music stations sounded quite good. It depends a great deal on where you are and how strong the signal is. If the signal is strong enough to produce full quieting, then things are going to sound OK. But there are many variables to deal with in listening to FM radio on a phone. I've noticed that my position in the room, how and where I hold the phone affect the reception. I'm not completely sure but I think the headphone cable may be part of the antenna. If so, the orientation of that will affect reception also. But overall, I find the FM reception acceptable after a closer listen.

Unfortunately, I am returning the Glory to Walmart tomorrow. It appears that I have a defective phone. Still have not been able to make any calls with it since I activated it Friday morning. Tracfone people tried their best to figure out what the problem is and correct it but without success. It appears the phone does not tell their computer how many minutes it has. Also the browser button doesn't work at all. So given all of that, I think I'm going to give the Valet a try. I was worried about it's Wi-Fi performance based on a couple reports on this web site but I read another report this evening from someone who reported excellent Wi-Fi performance. So I'll probably head over to Best Buy tomorrow to buy that unless I luck out and Wal-Mart happens to have them by now. They didn't have them last Thursday when I bought the Huawei H868C.

annepani

the Wizard
October 22, 2013, 12:33 am
annepani,
I'm not completely sure but I think the headphone cable may be part of the antenna. If so, the orientation of that
will affect reception also. But overall, I find the FM reception acceptable after a closer listen.
Yes. Almost all cell phones with an FM radio require a wired headset to act as the external antenna for the radio.

In the Tracfone lineup, the Alcatel A382 candy bar phone (The Big Easy) is the only phone that does not require
an external antenna. The internal antenna can handle it.

ST Dog

the Wizard
October 20, 2013, 11:37 pm
She said the phone is not telling their computer how many minutes it has left. The computer probably then assumes that
there are no minutes left and I get this message about there not being enough money in my account to make the call.
That's bogus as the phone doesn't store that info (none of the Androids do).
It's all in TF's computers.

wbrells

Hello everyone!.. I picked up an H868C phone from Walmart yesterday and have been testing it via WiFi.
This phone seems to get a strong WiFi signal & download apps quickly. I am a little confused about if/how
Flash is implemented on this device.. I used the Google browser to access an Amazon.com instant video
and was told viewing was not supported on my device. Does anyone know if it is possible to view Amazon
videos on the H868C?

Thanks, Wayne

Edit: Sorry -- In my message I should have said that I was using the Chrome browser! Sorry for the error.

runner

wbrells:
Although I don't have Huawei, Amazon Prime does work on Puffin Web Browser from Google Play Store...
It supports flash and is able to play videos from ESPN and other websites. At least it works on my Samsung
Centura. Puffin loads pages quicker than Chrome and Opera. If you try it out, put in my code: xgmmizizkfapb,
which will give me and you extra 4 weeks of use (you get initial 2 week free trial period, after which it's 2.99).

wbrells

runner,

Thanks for the tip! .. I've also heard some good reports about the "Flashfox" browser.

As soon as I have a little more time I'll give both browsers a try and report the results.

Thanks again, Wayne

wbrells

Well,

I installed FlashFox on my Huawei H868C and tried to play videos from both Amazon Prime and Hulu (not Hulu+).
Neither site would allow me to play those videos, so I guess it is time to try the Puffin browser (and I will use your promotion code!)

I get back as soon as I've had a change to try Puffin...

wbrells

Update:

I've just tried the Puffin browser and it does (more or less) let me stream video from hulu.com. Unfortunately, the video is
very jerky, as other reviewers have noted. It really does resemble looking at a series of still images! In addition, the video
is not properly sized to fit the screen and cannot (per the Puffin documentation) be properly viewed full screen.

It seems the final choice (for a non-rooted Android device) is the Photon browser... I'll try that in a day or so, but reviews
indicate that it is really necessary to purchase the browser in order to see how well it supports Flash...

BTW, the problem with FlashFox MAY not have been caused by Flash, but with Hulu detecting that I'm trying to view their
web site from a mobile device.

I'll get back when I've had a chance to evaluate Photon!

Wayne

runner

wbrells:
Sorry to hear Puffin didn't work for you. When I tested on Amazon, I should've said I tested it by watching a trailer of Grease (a few minutes?) and it worked fine. I also tried Hulu (Beauty and the Beast tv show?) for a minute or so and worked fine. I had it on the theater mode from menu (when you slide the menu screen and when you scroll down one of the options is menu).

I hardly ever go on the web on my phone. I like the comfort of a bigger screen and even 9-inch is too small. But since I'm new to Android platform, I've been testing and playing around a bit. I just don't really care for Chrome or the TF browser.

BTW, how do you like Huawei? Is it pretty responsive? Any issues?

wbrells

runner,
I've tried using the Photon browser (free version, so far) with Hulu and, after a little "fiddling", got it to work. The video is MUCH smoother than with Puffin, but I noticed the same problem of the picture not fitting the screen. In order to view the whole image it is necessary to manually pan the screen - not a very satisfactory solution! Have you seen this problem on your phone and, if so, is there any solution? (Perhaps the problem shows up on the Huawei because the screen is quite small and the resolution is limited?) I don't seem to have this problem when watching YouTube videos, so I'm not quite sure what the problem may be.

BTW, with Photon, Hulu initially complained that I was using an "anonymous proxy tool" and refused to play. The workaround, as I found in another posting, is to open another web site such as google.com and then go to hulu.com. I don't really understand why this works, but it does...

Other than the Hulu/Amazon/Flash problems, I don't have any complaints with the H868C. It seem quite fast, and the screen is sensitive when selecting options, typing, pinching, etc. I don't think the camera amounts to much, but I haven't tested it extensively. The app for yahoo mail works well, as does the google calender and the WiFi Analyzer app. I'm new to Android (but not to other operating systems) so I still have quite a bit to learn!

Thanks for all your advice,
Wayne

tfuser19

Can one of you give a link to a flash video so I can try it on my Centura to compare notes with you?

wbrells

ftuser19,

Please try an episode of The Simpsons at http://www.hulu.com/watch/542131

Thanks,
Wayne

runner

Wayne,

I have to agree with you that for the purpose of Hulu or maybe even Amazon that Puffin would not be it.
I was impressed with how quickly Puffin loaded web pages but I don't do much web browsing on phone.
So have you found an acceptable solution for browsing Hulu?

wbrells

runner,

From what I've read and personally tried, it seems that Photon is probably the best browser for Hulu/Amazon IF there
is some way to get the videos to properly fit the screen...

Wayne

wbrells

folks,

I've been trying out a few more apps on my new H868C phone and have generally been very happy with the results.
However, I did have some trouble with the GPS apps "MyCar Locator" and "GPS Status & Tools". Both of these apps
would benefit from have a magnetic field sensor (i.e. electronic compass) available in the phone. It APPEARS that the
H868C does not include such a sensor, but perhaps it is just turned OFF by default? If anyone knows more about this
subject, I'd really like to hear from them!

Wayne

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

The Huawei Glory (H868C) is now available on Tracfone's website... Price is $99.99.

Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

wvkawboy

Hello, all... I just ordered the Huawei Glory H868C to upgrade from my old LG 800G & it should be here tomorrow.
Does anyone know if the PayPal Here "swiper" works on this phone? I use it on my iPad but was curious if it works
on the Huawei. Thanks!

annepani

wvkawboy
December 3, 2013, 2:52 pm
Hello, all... I just ordered the Huawei Glory H868C to upgrade from my old LG 800G & it should be here tomorrow.
Does anyone know if the PayPal Here "swiper" works on this phone? I use it on my iPad but was curious if it works
on the Huawei. Thanks!
I too have the Huawei Glory, but I haven't tried PayPal Here. Please try it and post back how it works for you.
That would be great.

wvkawboy

annepani
December 3, 2013, 5:50 pm
wvkawboy
December 3, 2013, 2:52 pm
on the Huawei. Thanks!
I too have the Huawei Glory, but I haven't tried PayPal Here. Please try it and post back how it works for you.
That would be great.
Will do, hopefully I will get the phone today. Ordered it directly from TracFone & then got an e-mail saying it would be
shipped by FedEx with "signature required" delivery. That would have been nice to know before I placed the order as
we're both at work so no one is home. I did put a signed release form on the front door but I don't know if that will work
or not. I should have had it sent to my work but I figured there would be no problem.

How long have you had the Glory & how do you like it so far? What did you have before?

wvkawboy

Okay, am waiting on the activation & transfer, also no headphones came with mine...

*Update*
Just tried downloading the PayPal Here App & got this message: "Your device isn't compatible with this version." Wonderful.

Any must-have Apps that are Free AND "compatible" with this phone?

Still trying to find my way around this phone... coming from an old LG 800G.

hpham
Member Avatar

The Huawei Glory must not be getting much attention. Only 54 posts about it, and the previous one was 12 days ago.
Is it a dud?

annepani

hpham
December 20, 2013, 10:45 am
The Huawei Glory must not be getting much attention. Only 54 posts about it, and the previous one was 12 days ago.
Is it a dud?
No it isn't a dud. I have one and I like it a lot. My opinion is that it doesn't have many problems like the Samsung
Centura clock problem so there isn't much to post about.

Also probably there are not many of them in people's hands since they weren't sold in many places. No big splash
on HSN or QVC like the others. Not available on HSN, QVC, Best Buy, ebay, or Amazon makes it hard to drum up
sales. Only Walmart had it. It wasn't even available on tracfone.com until about a month after the others.

hrhenry

annepani
December 20, 2013, 11:19 am
... It wasn't even available on tracfone.com until about a month after the others.
For my zipcode, it wasn't even available until about two weeks ago. It sat at "Coming soon" for a couple months.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Yeah, I agree with annepani, this phone is not a dud... I bought it and tried it out, then returned it, waiting for sales.

* Just like annepani said, this phone got no fan fare... no one is really selling it except for Walmart and Tracfone.com.

* I wish more places (or all places) would sell this phone, so it would at least be on sale from time to time...

* Actually, if I had to pick one of the 4 new Tracfone androids to buy, I'd probably buy the Huawei Glory, and I still may.

* Ps: I contacted ShopCellDeals on eBay, asking him if he'll ever be selling the Tracfone Huawei Glory?
* he wrote me back and said if the phone ever becomes available to him, he'll start selling it.

* I wish he would start selling them, I bet he'd have some good deals on this phone, deals I'd probably go after.. ;)

All Glory goes to Turk B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk
December 21, 2013, 1:15 am
* Just like annepani said, this phone got no fan fare... no one is really selling it except for Walmart and Tracfone.com.

* I wish more places (or all places) would sell this phone, so it would at least be on sale from time to time...

All Glory goes to Turk B-)
Hmm . . . just wondering if Huawei’s recent threat to exit the U.S. marketplace has anything to do with the limited
number of outlets that are handling the Huawei Glory?

ShadowDancer :huh:

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* ShadowDancer .... yeah, good question, I don't know if that would have any bearing on the phone sales or not.

* I see over on YouTube, the saveonprepaidphones guy has a video review up of this Huawei Glory phone.

* Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMXsBe7TkE

* Anyway, he said he got a free $10 Data card with his purchase? ... I think from Tracfone.com he says?

* If this is true, and it's still available, someone let me know... I may then order this phone from Tracfone.com.. ;)

Huawei Turk B-)

hpham
Member Avatar

I just watched that video and the guy said the 300MB Data card would be tripled (to almost a GB).

He's incorrect... Data cards are not tripled, and they don't add any service days either.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

I also watched the review about the Huawei Glory. It wasn't a bad review except that as hpham said, he's wrong
about the data card. He also failed to mention anything about the phone's WiFi in his discussion of using data.

One would get the impression from his review that the phone does not have WiFi. I was going to post a comment
about that but Youtube doesn't make it easy to do so.. I don't feel like setting up a channel just to comment on his
review.

I may give the Glory another look/see after having three Valets that were defective. I've been hoping the LG L39C
would be out soon but no one seems sure when that phone will be released.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, in my previous post above I said that the guy in the Youtube video said he got a free $10 data card with his phone.

* So I went "Google searching" and found out that Tracfone was offering a free $10 data card with any android purchase
* only on Cyber Monday (Dec 2, 2013).

* The Promo Code used for the free $10 data card was suppose to be -- TF10DATA -- used during phone purchase.
* So I tried it on Tracfone's website and it says the Code is now expired... (case solved) (lol)

* the Wizard .... yeah, I'm also waiting for the LG Dynamic 2 to come out first before I make any android decisions. ;)

Turk Glory B-)

annepani

I tried to send an MMS today but it didn't go through. As a reminder, MMS uses 1 text minute and enough data bytes
for the picture.

I had mobile data ON and the picture size was 476KB. The text portion went through but the picture did not. One text
minute was deducted and no data was deducted. No error message. The picture size should not have been too large
for the phone to send and as I said, no error message.

Has anyone successfully sent a picture message with this phone?

annepani

Nobody know how to send an MMS with the Huawei Glory?

ThomasM

annepani
December 29, 2013, 3:32 pm
Nobody know how to send an MMS with the Huawei Glory?
I'm not a big picturemail fan but just to try it I sent a picture from my Huawei Glory. Worked just fine. Be sure 3G
data is ON and you are not connected to Wi-Fi however. The phone uses the network ONLY to send/receive
picturemail since it goes through the Verizon picturemail server which, apparently isn't accessible from WI-FI.

ThomasM

Here's a neat little feature of the Huawei Glory. It has a tiny green LED on the front. The book tells you it lights up
orange while charging and red when the battery is almost dead. But it does something else too that isn't documented
anywhere I could find.

When the phone has a missed call in it's call log, OR it has an unread text message, OR it has an unread email
message the green LED blinks slowly to remind you to log into the phone and see what you have missed or not
read!! Very slick!

As for a review, I think it's a GREAT phone with few if any bugs.. After reading about the assortment of ailments the
other TF android phones have, I chose this one. Luckily, I had a one Mb memory card laying around from a previous
phone as this one doesn't come with one. If you do add a memory card it's important for you to tell the phone to use
the SD card as it's primary storage. Otherwise you cannot move apps over to it and you have to move everything over
to it manually such as pictures or tunes.

annepani

ThomasM
January 2, 2014, 7:09 pm
I'm not a big picturemail fan but just to try it I sent a picture from my Huawei Glory. Worked just fine. Be sure 3G
data is ON
and you are not connected to Wi-Fi however. The phone uses the network ONLY to send/receive
picturemail since it goes through the Verizon picturemail server which, apparently isn't accessible from WI-FI.
As I said in my post, I did have mobile data turned on. That is not a factor.

Only the text portion of the message came through. The picture did not come through.
There was no error message. Only 1 text unit was deducted. No MMS units or data units were deducted.

What was the size of the picture you sent?
Were you sending it to another cell or a pc?
How many text units were deducted?
How many data units were deducted?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
casinorose45
January 10 2014
I am wondering how people are liking the hauwei glory tracfone? How does it compare to the zte valet?
What I've read so far, many like the glory.. thoughts? tks.. :huh:
* casinorose45 .... I don't have the Huawei Glory, but from what I read across the internet world, most people like it.

* Each one of the Tracfone androids gets more positive reviews that negative ones, so I can't tell you which one to get.

* So I guess you're gonna have to figure out for yourself which one you want... they all have their pros and cons.. ;)

T U R K B-)

Hawki

I have a Tracfone LG800 that has worked very well for me. I would like to "move up" to a smartphone. I have been
looking at the Huawei Glory. I would like to be able to get selective emails from limited sources on my phone. I use
the LG 800G for some voice and more for texts. One problem I have is people with iPhones or equivalent send me
texts with fotos - the LG800/Trac turns that into two texts - one for the name of the sender/phone # and the second
for the foto. It takes minutes to get to the foto.. In addition to general info, would the Huawei handle texts with fotos
more smoothly. Thank you to all...I find the suggestions very useful along with your own experiences.

ThomasM

Hawki
January 15, 2014, 7:12 pm
I have a Tracfone LG800 that has worked very well for me. I would like to "move up" to a smartphone. I have been
looking at the Huawei Glory. I would like to be able to get selective emails from limited sources on my phone. I use
the LG 800G for some voice and more for texts. One problem I have is people with iPhones or equivalent send me
texts with fotos - the LG800/Trac turns that into two texts - one for the name of the sender/phone # and the second
for the foto. It takes minutes to get to the foto.. In addition to general info, would the Huawei handle texts with fotos
more smoothly. Thank you to all...I find the suggestions very useful along with your own experiences.
If you get a lot of texts (or MMS/picturemail) the android tracfones aren't for you.

First of all, you CAN'T "ignore" them to avoid the charge like on other tracfones.

Second, text messages have their own "bucket"-they do not subtract minutes and when that bucket is empty (even if you still have lots of minutes and data available) you can't send/receive text/MMS until you add another airtime card.

Actually, the MAJOR BENEFIT of the android tracfones is inexpensive 3G data (and of course the APPS). They are not the best value for talking because promo codes do not work with them. For big texters they aren't the answer either. But for accessing 3G data they are excellent as you can buy "data refill cards" which only refill the data "bucket". And if you get a 2 Gb data card for $50 it means you can access 3G data for only 2.5 cents per MEGAbyte! On your LG800 at the lowest "per minute" rate (a 450 minute card tripled with 70 free bonus minutes) that megabyte will cost you SEVENTY EIGHT CENTS worth of minutes!!!

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

ThomasM
January 18, 2014, 9:45 pm
Hawki
January 15, 2014, 7:12 pm
If you get a lot of texts (or MMS/picturemail) the android tracfones aren't for you.

First of all, you CAN'T "ignore" them to avoid the charge like on other tracfones.

Second, text messages have their own "bucket"-they do not subtract minutes and when that bucket is empty (even if you still have lots of minutes and data available) you can't send/receive text/MMS until you add another airtime card.

Actually, the MAJOR BENEFIT of the android tracfones is inexpensive 3G data (and of course the APPS). They are not the best value for talking because promo codes do not work with them. For big texters they aren't the answer either. But for accessing 3G data they are excellent as you can buy "data refill cards" which only refill the data "bucket". And if you get a 2 Gb data card for $50 it means you can access 3G data for only 2.5 cents per MEGAbyte! On your LG800 at the lowest "per minute" rate (a 450 minute card tripled with 70 free bonus minutes) that megabyte will cost you SEVENTY EIGHT CENTS worth of minutes!!!
Actually, you can text to your heart’s content for free over Wi-Fi.

All you have to do is download a texting app from Google Play. Why pay for texts on an Android phone??

I don't know about MMS because I don't use it much. But, there could very well be an app that will handle picture messaging, too.

DashDynamic

I bought the Tracfone Huawei Glory today and I'm having a problem. I can get internet using the mobile data, but using my home wifi it'll connect to the local network but I can't get any internet access with it. The wifi signal strength is strong, I've tried restarting the router, restarting the phone, but I can't find a way to get wifi internet working. It used almost 8MB of mobile data in about a minute, so if I can't get the wifi working 95% of this phone is useless for me because the data cost is gonna break me.

Can anyone give me some help with this? It's gonna have to go back to the store if I can't get this resolved. :/

hpham
Member Avatar

DashDynamic
January 30, 2014, 7:49 pm
I bought the Tracfone Huawei Glory today and I'm having a problem. I can get internet using the mobile data, but using my home wifi it'll connect to the local network but I can't get any internet access with it. The wifi signal strength is strong, I've tried restarting the router, restarting the phone, but I can't find a way to get wifi internet working.
This is just a generic answer, not particular to the Huawei....Is your Wifi router password protected?
If so, did the Wifi set up on the Huawei ask you to enter a userID and password?

DashDynamic

There's an administrative password for certain security functions within the router, and the router has a security pass key.
It prompted for the pass key, but not the admin password. I tried with the security off for a minute as well and had no different result.

It may help to note that the router is an Actiontec?

DashDynamic

Okay, I don't know *why*, but the problem is fixed.
I had to start up and put my phone on one of the extra wireless network groups my router supports.
The main one won't work but using an alternate it connected right away.

Hopefully this answer might help someone else down the line!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, a couple of things I want to say about this phone...
* After a few months of it not being on Tracfone.com for sale, it has finally showed up, back in stock, for $100 (normal price).

* Tracfone Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

* Now, over the last month, Tracfone.com dropped the prices of the other androids from $100 down to $80.
* Then today, when the Huawei Glory showed back up, Tracfone raised the prices of the other androids back up to $100!

* This kind of made me mad, for I was hoping when the Huawei Glory came back in stock, it would of also been $80.
* Then, I was probably going to order it for the $80 (use code Friend1 for $5 off), and get the phone for $75 then. :)

* But noooooooooooooo, Tracfone had to go and ruin my plans! ^o) .. This was the phone I was most interested in.
* I thought I'd get this phone cheap now, and use it til Christmas, and see what other new androids show up until then.

* I said this before on here, this phone is only sold at Tracfone.com and Walmarts, which stinks, because it's never on sale!
* Ps: I see this phone is now back in stock at all my many Walmart stores ($100) - it was out of stock since Christmas.

Turkwei B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk
February 25, 2014, 1:10 am
* Ok, a couple of things I want to say about this phone...
* After a few months of it not being on Tracfone.com for sale, it has finally showed up, back in stock, for $100 (normal price).

* Tracfone Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

* Now, over the last month, Tracfone.com dropped the prices of the other androids from $100 down to $80.
* Then today, when the Huawei Glory showed back up, Tracfone raised the prices of the other androids back up to $100!

* This kind of made me mad, for I was hoping when the Huawei Glory came back in stock, it would of also been $80.
* Then, I was probably going to order it for the $80 (use code Friend1 for $5 off), and get the phone for $75 then. :)

* But noooooooooooooo, Tracfone had to go and ruin my plans! ^o) .. This was the phone I was most interested in.
* I thought I'd get this phone cheap now, and use it til Christmas, and see what other new androids show up until then.

* I said this before on here, this phone is only sold at Tracfone.com and Walmarts, which stinks, because it's never on sale!
* Ps: I see this phone is now back in stock at all my many Walmart stores ($100) - it was out of stock since Christmas.

Turkwei B-)
Aww, Turk B-) , you seem to have the same kind of luck that I do. I watch an item on Amazon, and the day I finally go to buy it, Amazon invariably pushes the price up. :-/

But, if you’re really determined to buy a Huawei Glory, have you thought about watching eBay? From time to time, someone who got a Huawei Glory as a gift doesn’t like the phone and puts it up for sale. In fact, I believe there is one that’s been listed this week. The bid was $45 this evening.

Now, I know you don’t like credit cards. But, you can set up a Pay Pal account and link it directly to a checking account. No plastic involved.

Just a thought ...

ShadowDancer ;)

Below

annepani
January 2, 2014, 8:42 pm
ThomasM
January 2, 2014, 7:09 pm
data is ON
and you are not connected to Wi-Fi however. The phone uses the network ONLY to send/receive
As I said in my post, I did have mobile data turned on. That is not a factor.

Only the text portion of the message came through. The picture did not come through.
There was no error message. Only 1 text unit was deducted. No MMS units or data units were deducted.

What was the size of the picture you sent?
Were you sending it to another cell or a pc?
How many text units were deducted?
How many data units were deducted?
I have the Valet and also can't send MMS. I gave up. Tracfone had me do tons of little things, but I don't think they knew what was the problem or even had access to turn on/off this functionality anyways. It was like flipping a bunch of switches one by one and hoping to get the intended result. I tried everything. I must have activated my phone 10 times during it too. Nothing changed. Exactly what you described - the text went though, but not the media.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* ShadowDancer .... yeah, I check eBay once a day, so I know all about some of those Huawei Glory sales.

* But personally, I don't like buying used phones from strangers ... I prefer buying a cell phone brand new.

* But who knows, maybe one day again Tracfone.com (or Walmart) might drop the price of this phone back to $80.

* Ps: I also check shopcelldeals on ebay from time to time, hoping he would start selling this phone as well...

Turk.com B-)

ThomasM

Turk
February 25, 2014, 1:10 am

HA HA HA HA!! Hey, Turk, *I* had to pay $100 for the Glory so I don't feel bad. :P

I see why they never drop the price and it was unavailable for a long time. It's the only Tracfone Android that has NO BAD REVIEWS OR COMPLAINTS like each of the other available units. In fact, I LOVE mine and I've had it since mid-December. It's a great phone with plenty of memory, long battery life, and crystal-clear voice quality. It's WORTH a hundred bucks!

DashDynamic

Yeah, I'd have loved to get one for a lower price but I don't feel any regret or disappointment at having paid $100 for this. The interesting part relative to the talk about lacking supply and unavailability on the Tracfone site is when I bought this at the end of January, it was the only model of Tracfone smart phone the Wal-Mart I went to carried at all, and they had several on hand.

But yeah, great little phone, wish the camera was better quality naturally, but I'm so happy with it overall.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Really glad to see the positive comments about the Glory. I've had three Valets and two Optimus Dynamic II's and all have been returned. Based on the comments here, I think I'll give the Glory a try. I've been considering moving to another carrier because of bad experiences with Tracfone and the other Androids. If the Glory is as nice as the comments indicate, I may still move to another carrier and take the Glory with me since that carrier supports the Glory.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

the Wizard
March 6, 2014, 2:16 pm
If the Glory is as nice as the comments indicate, I may still move to another carrier and take the Glory with me since that carrier supports the Glory.
@the Wizard --

Just curious ...what other carrier supports a Tracfone? I never heard of a Tracfone running on another carrier.

At the same time, be aware that there are at least several other "Huawei Glory" phones (a.k.a. the Huawei Mercury Glory and the Huawei Honor Glory). The Huawei Mercury Glory was initially offered by Cricket Wireless, and I'm not sure which carrier offered the Huawei Honor Glory. In any event, they are completely different phone models than the Tracfone Huawei Glory and there has been confusion over which phone is which.

So, when a CS rep. tells you that the "Huawei Glory" works on its carrier, make sure to get a clarification as to which "Huawei Glory" he is referring.

ShadowDancer ;)

the Wizard
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
March 6, 2014, 3:06 pm
the Wizard
March 6, 2014, 2:16 pm
If the Glory is as nice as the comments indicate, I may still move to another carrier and take the Glory with me since that carrier supports the Glory.
@the Wizard --

Just curious ...what other carrier supports a Tracfone? I never heard of a Tracfone running on another carrier.

At the same time, be aware that there are at least several other "Huawei Glory" phones (a.k.a. the Huawei Mercury Glory and the Huawei Honor Glory). The Huawei Mercury Glory was initially offered by Cricket Wireless, and I'm not sure which carrier offered the Huawei Honor Glory. In any event, they are completely different phone models than the Tracfone Huawei Glory and there has been confusion over which phone is which.

So, when a CS rep. tells you that the "Huawei Glory" works on its carrier, make sure to get a clarification as to which "Huawei Glory" he is referring.

ShadowDancer ;)
As to the carrier, it's PagePlusCellular. So far I've just explored their web site. I have not talked with them yet but I would have a conversation with them before actually signing up to make sure I can use the Huawei Glory, model 868C. I had that phone earlier with Tracfone but for some reason Tracfone could not get it to work. I was never able to make any calls with it during the several days that I had it in spite of spending literally hours on the phone with Tracfone reps.

I just checked PagePlusCellular's web site and based on the model number that they're showing (868C), it seems to be the same phone that I had last fall. Their Live Chat is closed at the moment but I left them a message about the phone and whether minutes roll-over. Have you ever looked at their Pay-As-You-Go plans? They actually look quite good. For example, for $25.00 you get 416 minutes which is good for 120 days. This carrier is known for excellent customer service. That's information I found elsewhere on the web, not from their web site. :)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

the Wizard
March 7, 2014, 12:01 am
As to the carrier, it's PagePlusCellular. So far I've just explored their web site. I have not talked with them yet but I would have a conversation with them before actually signing up to make sure I can use the Huawei Glory, model 868C. I had that phone earlier with Tracfone but for some reason Tracfone could not get it to work. I was never able to make any calls with it during the several days that I had it in spite of spending literally hours on the phone with Tracfone reps.

I just checked PagePlusCellular's web site and based on the model number that they're showing (868C), it seems to be the same phone that I had last fall. Their Live Chat is closed at the moment but I left them a message about the phone and whether minutes roll-over. Have you ever looked at their Pay-As-You-Go plans? They actually look quite good. For example, for $25.00 you get 416 minutes which is good for 120 days. This carrier is known for excellent customer service. That's information I found elsewhere on the web, not from their web site. :)
Wizard --

Thanks for the info! . . . That's right! Page Plus was recently acquired by Tracfone Wireless, Inc., and there was talk that Page Plus would begin to carry some of Tracfone Wireless, Inc.'s phones. But, by all means, talk to Page Plus, or a Page Plus Dealer to make sure that the Tracfone Huawei Glory will work, as there is also a NET10 Huawei Glory, and these various phones, even with the same model name and number, might have slight differences inside.

Yes, I have looked at Page Plus' Pay-As-You-Go plans, and I agree. They do look quite good. I always felt that the 2,000 minutes with 365 service days for $80.00 compared quite favorably to Tracfone's 1-year Airtime Card. The only disadvantage that I recall reading on another Forum was that data was horribly expensive on the Pay-As-You-Go plans, and a person could really burn through the minutes in a very short period of time. In other words, the Pay-As-You-Go plans were not designed for data usage. But, for Talk &Text, the comments, I read, were positive.

In addition, I've read good things about Page Plus Dealer, Kitty Wireless (http://www.kittywireless.com/), so if you decide you would prefer to work through a dealer rather than directly with the Page Plus website, that is the dealer that I would try.

In any event, once you do contact Page Plus, please post and share with the rest of us what you have found out.

Good Luck!

P.S. There is a Page Plus Cellular News thread in the Other Cell Topics/News Forum, if you want to post any info about the MVNO and your experiences with it.

Here is the link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5167840/1/

fowlerbj1943

I am considering my first purchase of a Tracfone and am torn between the Huawei Glory and the LG Optimus Dynamic II (l39c).
Any pros and cons you wish to share?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
fowlerbj1943

I am considering my first purchase of a Tracfone and am torn between the Huawei Glory and the
LG Optimus Dynamic II (l39c). ... Any pros and cons you wish to share?
* fowlerbj1943 ... hi ... I'll throw my 2 cents worth in, but I'm gonna keep it short and sweet...

* Almost all things being equal between these two phones (both $100), there are only a few differences as followed...

> The Glory has a slightly bigger battery, a FM Radio built in, a slightly better camera, and the 3 touch keys light up.

> The Dynamic 2 has a slightly newer operating system, slightly bigger screen size, and the 4 touch keys don't light up.

* Both are good in their own way, and I'd recommend both of them, they both get good reviews across the internet world.

* If you want, maybe you can go to a Walmart store and buy the Huawei Glory and try it out .. and if you do like it, then
* just keep it .... and if you don't like it, just return it and then go buy the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 from ebay or Amazon.

* Good luck, and let us know what phone you decided to go with ... thanks.. ;)

T u r k B-)

the Wizard
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
March 7, 2014, 3:11 am
the Wizard
March 7, 2014, 12:01 am

Wizard --

Thanks for the info! . . . That's right! Page Plus was recently acquired by Tracfone Wireless, Inc., and there was talk that Page Plus would begin to carry some of Tracfone Wireless, Inc.'s phones. But, by all means, talk to Page Plus, or a Page Plus Dealer to make sure that the Tracfone Huawei Glory will work, as there is also a NET10 Huawei Glory, and these various phones, even with the same model name and number, might have slight differences inside.

Yes, I have looked at Page Plus' Pay-As-You-Go plans, and I agree. They do look quite good. I always felt that the 2,000 minutes with 365 service days for $80.00 compared quite favorably to Tracfone's 1-year Airtime Card. The only disadvantage that I recall reading on another Forum was that data was horribly expensive on the Pay-As-You-Go plans, and a person could really burn through the minutes in a very short period of time. In other words, the Pay-As-You-Go plans were not designed for data usage. But, for Talk &Text, the comments, I read, were positive.

In addition, I've read good things about Page Plus Dealer, Kitty Wireless (http://www.kittywireless.com/), so if you decide you would prefer to work through a dealer rather than directly with the Page Plus website, that is the dealer that I would try.

In any event, once you do contact Page Plus, please post and share with the rest of us what you have found out.

Good Luck!

P.S. There is a Page Plus Cellular News thread in the Other Cell Topics/News Forum, if you want to post any info about the MVNO and your experiences with it.

Here is the link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5167840/1/
ShadowDancer,

Thanks for the comments and the info about the PagePlus page here. I'll check that out later. I've had several chats with the people at PagePlus and what I've heard has been good so far. Don't have the time now but I will post more about my conversations with their reps tomorrow evening.
You're quite right about their Pay-As-Yo-Go data plans. Way too expensive. They were not designed with data use in mind as you rightly pointed out. Had not heard that they were acquired by Tracfone Wireless.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I see over on Tracfone.com that they have lowered the prices of all the Androids by $20 -- Huawei Glory is now $80.

* Tracfone.com Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action=view&market=CO

* What's funny is, that last month on here, on the above posts of mine, I was wanting Tracfone to lower the price of
* the Huawei Glory so I could buy it cheaper than $100.

* Now they lower it to $80, which is great... but, I bought the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 bundle from QVC the other day.

* So if for some reason I don't care for the LG Dynamic 2, I'll return it and then probably just buy the Huawei Glory.

* Ps: remember to use promo code "Friend1" during checkout to get $5 off any phone order on Tracfone.com. ;)

TURK B-)

Firewolf

This looks like a good review site for me to post this.

I bought the Huawei H868C about a month ago. I couldn't activate the phone online because it wouldn't go past entering the serial number. It just refreshed the page. So I had to call. I needed my number ported from StraightTalk (TracFone sister company) to TracFone, which he did. He said it could take 2 hours to a day to complete the process of porting the number, activating my new phone and adding the airtime.

Once my old phone stopped receiving messages, I noticed that my new phone received an "insufficient funds" message. I let it go overnight and got the same message in the morning. I called TracFone and after troubleshooting he had to escalate. He transferred me to a supervisor who submitted a ticket for it and said it would take up to 24 hours to resolve - because the original person had applied my airtime card to my old StraightTalk phone instead of my Huawei! I gave them 24 hours and called the number they gave me to their 2nd level support. This guy understood the issue and immediately called StraightTalk for me to release the airtime so he could apply it to my Huawei. All of 5-6minutes to do that. Not 24 hours. Anyway, this supervisor or whatever, was able to give me 50 minutes and 1 day for the inconvenience.

Now on to the phone. I think it's nice. It seems to work fairly well. I like that it uses the Verizon network.
I used a swipe pattern to unlock the phone and tested it 5 times to make sure I could easily repeat the motions. Well, I've come to realize that the touch screen isn't so great. Sometimes it takes 3-6 tries to get it. I had to change it to an easier pattern. :\ Still miss it sometimes, even though my finger slides over the correct dots. Can't move too fast either, or it won't register all the positions.

Along with that, typing is horrid. I have to press each key carefully and slowly. Even then it doesn't always recognize I pressed it - or it registers the wrong key. My work phone is an iPhone and if I typed this particular paragraph on it, I bet I would get the whole paragraph typed in under 30 seconds with no errors (mostly thanks to auto-correct).
If I type it on my Huawei, I'd be lucky to finish in under a minute and if I did, I don't know how many words would be correct or even recognizable. I pressed C once and it added an I. Those are no where near each other. It is quite disappointing since I will be using the phone mostly for texting at this point in time. My guess is the Huawei result would look like, "akpjr ruyh that, tuponh...." Very unpredictable.

Does anyone else have issues with this? I saw NO reviews mentioning how ugly this was, so I'm at the point of thinking the touchscreen sensor is defective. I have used tablets with different OS's, touchscreen phones of varying flavors of OS, and touchscreen computers. This is the first time I've seen something this bad.

I still have to buy a Micro SD card so I can download my apps. I don't have many on there due to the small internal storage. Also, I don't want my emails to be pushed to the phone unless I open the app. So I have to see if there is a way to disable that, as I have done on my iPhone.

Lastly, I wish closing running apps was easier. On the iPhone it is easy. On an Android tablet, it is easy. Am I missing something or is clearing the app cache the only way to do that?

Battery time seems pretty good, but it has had only light usage. Signal is good, works better than my StraightTalk phone for sure. Wifi is great.

ThomasM

Firewolf
April 2, 2014, 4:53 pm
Now on to the phone. I think it's nice. It seems to work fairly well. I like that it uses the Verizon network.
I used a swipe pattern to unlock the phone and tested it 5 times to make sure I could easily repeat the motions. Well, I've come to realize that the touch screen isn't so great. Sometimes it takes 3-6 tries to get it. I had to change it to an easier pattern. :\ Still miss it sometimes, even though my finger slides over the correct dots. Can't move too fast either, or it won't register all the positions.

Along with that, typing is horrid. I have to press each key carefully and slowly. Even then it doesn't always recognize I pressed it - or it registers the wrong key. My work phone is an iPhone and if I typed this particular paragraph on it, I bet I would get the whole paragraph typed in under 30 seconds with no errors (mostly thanks to auto-correct).
If I type it on my Huawei, I'd be lucky to finish in under a minute and if I did, I don't know how many words would be correct or even recognizable. I pressed C once and it added an I. Those are no where near each other. It is quite disappointing since I will be using the phone mostly for texting at this point in time. My guess is the Huawei result would look like, "akpjr ruyh that, tuponh...." Very unpredictable.

Does anyone else have issues with this? I saw NO reviews mentioning how ugly this was, so I'm at the point of thinking the touchscreen sensor is defective. I have used tablets with different OS's, touchscreen phones of varying flavors of OS, and touchscreen computers. This is the first time I've seen something this bad.
You must have gotten a dud. I have had a Huawei Glory since December 2013 and I love it! I log into websites all the time and have no trouble entering user-ID's or passwords. Which keyboard are you using-the Android keyboard or the (included) Swype keyboard? I found the Swype keyboard works much better than the Android keyboard. Also, due to the size of the screen, I normally use a stylus to enter keyboard data which works MUCH better than my fat fingers! Or you could be sure to always tilt the phone sideways which makes the keyboard larger.

As for closing apps, some are intelligent and some are stupid. With the intelligent ones, you press the "settings" key (the right hand one below the screen on the Glory). Intelligent apps pop up a menu which usually includes a logout option. Some intelligent apps have an icon within the app that looks like this key (three horizontal lines) which does the same thing. "Stupid" apps on the other hand have no visible way to shut them down. In that case, you just press the left hand key (rewind) below the screen until the app disappears.

ThomasM

Turk
March 29, 2014, 12:53 am
* Now they lower it to $80, which is great... but, I bought the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 bundle from QVC the other day.

* So if for some reason I don't care for the LG Dynamic 2, I'll return it and then probably just buy the Huawei Glory.
Turk, I wish you WOULD buy the Huawei and give us one of your detailed reviews!!! I bet you'd like it a lot as I do.

As for Tracfone, first they didn't have the Huawei available for a few months, then it reappeared for $100 and now
you say it's only $80! It almost seems like they read your posts here and are playing games with you! ;)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

ThomasM
April 2, 2014, 7:46 pm
Turk, I wish you WOULD buy the Huawei and give us one of your detailed reviews!!! I bet you'd like it a lot as I do.
ThomasM --

Guess you must have missed Post #15 above entitled: Turk's Mini Review of the Tracfone Huawei Glory

ShadowDancer ;)

Evilista

Firewolf, have you tried a different keyboard? Do a search in the Play Store, there's like thousands of them. Different sizes, features, etc..I'm using Kii Keyboard, you can change the sizes, layout, etc... Might make texting easier. Or as ThomasM said you got a bad phone, try returning it for a new one?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Looks like Wal-Mart's website has dropped the price of the Tracfone version to $50.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-Huawei-H868C-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/29010035

ThomasM

Very interesting because today I was at my local Wal-Mart store and they have quite a few Huawei Glory phones on the shelf...for $99!

The web deal is excellent but be sure to spend an additional 12 cents on something else to get free shipping!!!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
ThomasM
June 24, 2014, 6:23 pm
Very interesting because today I was at my local Wal-Mart store and they have quite a few Huawei Glory phones on the shelf...for $99!

The web deal is excellent but be sure to spend an additional 12 cents on something else to get free shipping!!!
If you want the phone for $49.88, go back to the store and have an electronics associate do a price check on it.
Just tell them that another store was selling it for $50 and you want to verify the price... If it rings up at $49.88,
you're golden, if not, no harm, no foul.

A lot of stores are retooling electronics and some may forget to change prices.
My local store retooled, but they did lower the price of the Glory as well.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Just wanted to say that some of my many Walmart stores have lowered the price down to $50, and some haven't yet...

* But I think eventually soon all Walmart stores will have the price of the phone down to $50.

* Anyway, I think $50 is a really good deal for this phone ... I'd jump at it if I didn't already have my LG Optimus Dynamic II.

* Ps: just want to say thanks to everyone that has contributed in some way to this phone topic ... it is appreciated. ;)

Turk B-)

charmedangelina

Hey guys, just wanted to share this video review I found about this phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGH4qrFJOLc

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.