Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: ... How many motor vehicles do you own?...(that includes cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles)
0 vehicles
1 vehicle
2 vehicles
3 vehicles
4 or more vehicles
create a poll
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Samsung Galaxy Centura (S738C) Phone Topic
Topic Started: March 12, 2013, 2:40 pm (37,511 Views)
ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* Attention Turkamaniacs: Tracfone Promotion Codes do not work with the new Tracfone Android Phones.

* Located in the Topics Forum: Tracfone/Net10 - Apps for Androids - we discuss different apps for android devices.

The Samsung Galaxy Centura S738C should be coming to Net10 and Straight Talk Wireless within the next few
months. Its photo is appearing on the NET10 Phone Models Page and on the Straight Talk Activation Page.

The phone is running Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich), has a 3.5" touchscreen, 3 megapixel camera, and much more.
It has 2.6 GB of available internal memory, and has a microSD card slot for additional storage.

It reportedly will replace the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim in the Straight Talk lineup.

Here's a link to an introductory 4:41-minute video of the Straight Talk version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Here's a link to the Samsung Galaxy Centura User Guide: http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/wcm/connect/65ccc5c0

And, here is a link to a website that will be devoted exclusively to the Samsung Galaxy Centura, although it contains
very little information at this point: http://samsunggalaxycentura.com/

ShadowDancer :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Net10 now has a Tutorial posted for the Samsung Galaxy Centura (S738C).

Here is the link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTSAS738C&locale=en_US

Sweeper reports that the phone will run on the Verizon network.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Not big news or anything, but I see over on Net10.com that this phone is now for sale -- price is $100, as expected.

* Here is the Net10.com link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?action=view&CDMAmarket

* And just like the Straight Talk version, it does indeed use the Verizon network, as expected.. ;)

* The Straight Talk version ($100) has been in Walmarts lately... but the Net10 version hasn't shown up yet in stores.

NETurk B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my K-Mart stores the other day, and I happened to finally see this phone out for sale...
* The new Net10 Samsung Galaxy Centura -- price was $100 -- same price as on Net10's website.
* I had my World Famous Turkberry 3 (s380c) on me - more famous than the Royal baby - so I took a few pictures.
* I also noticed that this phone is starting to show up at most other major stores as well...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry 3 B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts, or questions on this phone, please post it all here ... thanks.

* History in the making! (hopefully, lol) .... That's right folks, Tracfone is now officially releasing android phones!

* And, this Samsung Galaxy Centura phone is suppose be the first one to be released, as soon as this weekend?

* Samsung Galaxy Centura Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?/TFSAS738C

* Thanks to everyone out there that has been posting info on this new Tracfone Android Samsung Galaxy Centura.

* So from now on, let's try to keep it all here ... and if this is all a mistake, I can just delete it all ... carry on! ;)

TurkFone B-)

muddy211

Check this review out...

http://www.pcper.com/news/Mobile/Just-Delivered-Samsung-Galaxy-Centura-Android-Smartphone-SCH-S738C

Joeb84

Melissa Dawson messaged me on Facebook that it is definitely the Centura that they will be showing this weekend.

That is all she wrote... There is nothing on HSN's site.

I'm looking forward to the demonstration to explain how the data cards work and the minutes.

Louise29

FYI:
You should be able to shop the phone 23 hours before the first presentation... For instance, if the first presentation
is Friday at midnight ET (which it looks like it might be), you can shop for the phone tonight at 1 a.m. ET by going to
the HSN program guide page and hitting the "shop items" button for Friday 12 a.m. ET.

Joeb84

Good point Louise29. I'm usually still up by then. I will definitely check it out.

Piqutchi

I have a couple questions to ask:

How well does the Galaxy Centura perform in everyday usage? How does it compare to the LG 840G?

Finally, how would using this phone feel from someone who owns and regularly uses a 2012 Nexus 7?

dorani51

HSN has the phone listed as item 293-555 Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone with $25 Google Play Card,
600 Minutes, Texts and Data Plus Triple Minutes for Life - Retail value: $198.11 - HSN price: $169.95 - Current Price
is $129.95 ... You save $40.00 today!

Today's Special on Saturday at midnight may be a lower price, but you can at least see the details.

Piqutchi

Cool, it looks like you don't need to purchase the data-only cards; the minute cards put talk minutes, texts, and
data on Android phones.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

dorani51
September 19, 2013, 10:21 pm
HSN has the phone listed as item 293-555 Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone with $25 Google Play Card,
600 Minutes, Texts and Data Plus Triple Minutes for Life - Retail value: $198.11 - HSN price: $169.95 - Current Price
is $129.95 ... You save $40.00 today!

Today's Special on Saturday at midnight may be a lower price, but you can at least see the details.
Here's the link to the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura listing on HSN.com to which dorani51 refers:

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-centura-android-tracfone-wgoogle-play/7260446

Moreover, reading through the listing, it appears that DATA can be added to the phone "as needed" with the new data cards.

Thanks, dorani51, for posting!

Joeb84

Sweet. They're FINALLY showing it. That's a pretty good deal and you get triple minutes. I was worried that
they wouldn't offer that. I am definitely getting it. I like the paisley case... Anyone else think they will get it?

Thank you dorani51 for posting this. Now I don't have to stay up late to check their program schedule. LoL

tfuser19

Re: HSN.com deal: How does one put the $25 Google Play card to best use? I'm not familiar with Google Play.
I see one can use it to buy music, books, movies, apps, and games ...... anything else ... like dinner? :)

tfuser19

Joeb84
September 19, 2013, 11:28 pm
Sweet. They're FINALLY showing it. That's a pretty good deal and you get triple minutes. I was worried that
they wouldn't offer that. I am definitely getting it. I like the paisley case... Anyone else think they will get it?
Already ordered. :)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

tfuser19
September 19, 2013, 11:35 pm
Re: HSN.com deal: How does one put the $25 Google Play card to best use? I'm not familiar with Google Play.
I see one can use it to buy music, books, movies, apps, and games ...... anything else ... like dinner? :)
tfuser19 --

Here's the link to Google Play: https://play.google.com/store?hl=en&tab=w8

Hope it helps to answer your questions . . .

Tarkio101

The main thing I notice is that a minute is equal to 1 text. On other phones, one minute is equal to 3 texts.
So, texting will be 3 times as expensive. Also, one minute, one text, or one MB of data are all equal it appears.

I often but the 450 minute card, which triples to 1350 and costs 80 bucks. At one minute per MB, that would be $80
for 1.35 Gig of data. It appears to me, unless I am missing something obvious, that data will be much cheaper to buy
via the data cards. Much, much cheaper.

The easiest way to view the data rate comparison is by the 300 or 750 MB cards. The 300 is $10 and the 750 is $20.
Obviously you cannot buy 300 minutes for $10 or 750 minutes for $20.

If I do end up with an android phone at some point, (depending on the fine print of the data card) I will probably
buy the $50 card and plan it lasting me a very long time, just to get the cheapest rate. If I make it last a year, that
is only $4.xx per month, and not bad at all.. You cannot really buy any data plan so cheaply with any company I
know of, no matter how low the amount. This could be a decent deal for some. I'm not sure yet. Need to do some
more ciphering. ;)

tfuser19

@ShadowDancer - Thanks for the Google Play link.

@Tarkio101 - I noticed the same about text and data rate. I'm not believing it until I see it. Yep, text msgs too
expensive and data so cheap ...... seemed suspicious to me, but that's all we got to go by until someone gets
the phone into their hands ....... delivery estimate is 3-7 business days - hopefully I get mine sooner.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Louise29 and dorani51 .... thanks for the HSN news and information, it is appreciated ... things are now heating up!

* Ok, I have a few questions, maybe someone can make me feel at ease, (lol) - from all the info I read and see on HSN...

1. It does appear you don't or won't need a Data Card to use this phone like a normal Tracfone?
2. Normal Tracfone airtime card minutes will be transferred into Data if needed?
3. You can add a Data Card to the phone and there's no expiration date on that Data? (use as needed?)

* If that's the case, and you won't need to add/buy Data Cards for the phone for it to function like a normal Tracfone,
* then sign me up! (lol)

* If it does cost more now to send a Text or Picture message (as Tarkio101 thinks) that's fine by me, I'll just buy more minutes.

* Of the four androids listed so far for release, I was planning on going with the Samsung Centura anyway, but not yet.

* I will wait and maybe get it cheaper elsewhere ... I just want the phone, I don't need all those extras with the HSN deal.

Samsung Galaxy Turk B-)

Louise29

One big question that I have is about my current time/minutes... The HSN description states:
Quote:

Minutes carried over from an existing Tracfone will translate into minutes, text messages and MB of data on
your TracFone Android smartphone.
I really don't want my current minutes turned into text messages and data. I never use texts and don't use much
data, so I want to keep my minutes as minutes. I also don't want to be forced to buy texts and data when I only
need minutes. I really only want an Android phone so that I can use the apps and free WiFi when it's available.
My data usage would only be when I don't have wifi.

I might buy the phone to get the reduced price, and then wait to see how all of this works out in the next few months.
Usually at this time of year they start giving you until January 31st to return the phone, so I won't have to decide
immediately. But one thing's for sure: Tracfone's customer service reps won't have a clue how all of this works. LOL. :D

tfuser19

Upon closer examination:
"For example:
- 60-minute card automatically triples to 180 minutes, 180 texts and 180MB of data
- 120-minute card automatically triples to 360 minutes, 360 texts and 360MB of data "

"Promotion includes: 600 minutes, 600 text, 600MB of data + 90 days of service "

.... really, I get 600 minutes to talk and 600 text messages and 600 MB of data ?? No way, Carlos' gonna go broke,
won't he? :) That's probably "or" instead of "and" ....... Turk, get the lawyers to look over this, could ya'. ;)

@Louise29:
"Phone must be activated and promotional package requested by 12/31/2013 to receive promotional minutes and
days of service "

Louise29

Quote:

@Louise29: "Phone must be activated and promotional package requested by 12/31/2013 to receive promotional
minutes and days of service "
Yes, but you might still have until January to return it.

I guess it depends on when they begin their extended holiday return policy.

Tarkio101

Louise29
September 20, 2013, 12:22 am
One big question that I have is about my current time/minutes... The HSN description states:
Quote:

Minutes carried over from an existing Tracfone will translate into minutes, text messages and MB of data on
your TracFone Android smartphone.
I really don't want my current minutes turned into text messages and data. I never use texts and don't use much
data, so I want to keep my minutes as minutes. I also don't want to be forced to buy texts and data when I only
need minutes. I really only want an Android phone so that I can use the apps and free WiFi when it's available.
My data usage would only be when I don't have wifi.

I might buy the phone to get the reduced price, and then wait to see how all of this works out in the next few months.
Usually at this time of year they start giving you until January 31st to return the phone, so I won't have to decide
immediately. But one thing's for sure: Tracfone's customer service reps won't have a clue how all of this works. LOL. :D
Louise, I don't think moving minutes to this phone will actually "convert" them to texts or data--unless you used the
minutes for texting or data.. Otherwise, the minutes would just count down as minutes as you use them.. It doesn't
appear to me that you will have to buy anything but minutes, which can, in turn, be used for texts or data if you choose.

I think this phone is the same as any other data capable phone. The only difference is the option to buy cheaper
data via the data cards if a person WANTS to. At least that's what I'm getting from all of the info I see.

You are 100% right that the Tracfone reps have virtually no chance of understanding or being able to explain, let
alone be able to work with/fix/correct/handle these accounts if you call in.

Louise29

Quote:

Louise, I don't think moving minutes to this phone will actually "convert" them to texts or data--unless you used the
minutes for texting or data.. Otherwise, the minutes would just count down as minutes as you use them.. It doesn't
appear to me that you will have to buy anything but minutes, which can, in turn, be used for texts or data if you choose.

I think this phone is the same as any other data capable phone. The only difference is the option to buy cheaper
data via the data cards if a person WANTS to. At least that's what I'm getting from all of the info I see.
I hope you're right... I'd really like to have a phone with decent apps.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here's a 10-minute video review of the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura that was done by Save on
Prepaid Phones in May. It might help some of you, who are interested in this phone, get an idea of its general
layout and capabilities . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze4N8Je5UmA

tfuser19

@ShadowDancer,

Thanks for the video link.
* Written review by same folks: http://lgl35g.com/straight-talk-samsung-galaxy-centura-android-4-0-full-review/

* Will the HSN.com Tracfone run on Verizon or Sprint?
* Is it Verizon cause model # has C or what?
* Can the OS on these phones be upgraded?

tracuser

It is $129 on HSN but new customers get $20 off and there are free shipping coupons so it might be a fair deal.

I wonder what the retail price will be without all the extras HSN adds.

tfuser19

@tracuser,
No coupons worked for me. Please PM code if anyone finds one that works.

I'd guess $100 retail w/o extras.

muddy211

Hey All, Ordered one this morning for my daughter from HSN. While the data seems to be on the high end to use
don't forget it has WiFi so data would not be used say at your house or at McD's or Panera Bread, Starbucks, etc
where there is WiFi available, that's the beauty of Android. Android has the options to turn data off, also texts don't
use data its separate... :D

Joeb84

I ordered one last night Muddy211. I was wondering about texts. So in other words, if I'm at home using my Wifi,
texting is not deducted from my data. That's great. Right now I use my Ipad a lot to text my daughter. She has an
iPhone. It's very fast. I love android, too, as I have an android tablet. Great apps and most are free. I wonder how
fast texting will be on this phone. I have seen some apps like "I got Chat" that you can basically text for free...
I can't wait to get this phone.

tracuser

tfuser19
September 20, 2013, 8:41 am
@tracuser,

I haven't tried any but I went to retailmenot.com/view/hsn.com. The code is supposedly 135949.

There are also 15% off codes that might work.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow. Someone on another forum said it might be less tomorrow. I've never bought from
HSN so I can't verify if that is how presells work or not. I also want to wait to hear more about the minutes vs data.

muddy211

Joeb84
September 20, 2013, 9:09 am
I ordered one last night Muddy211. I was wondering about texts. So in other words, if I'm at home using my Wifi,
texting is not deducted from my data. That's great. Right now I use my Ipad a lot to text my daughter. She has an
iPhone. It's very fast. I love android, too, as I have an android tablet. Great apps and most are free. I wonder how
fast texting will be on this phone. I have seen some apps like "I got Chat" that you can basically text for free...
I can't wait to get this phone.
Hi there...texts and data are two different things, texting will be deducted from the minutes using the phone to text.
But Yahoo messenger or Google Voice can text your daughters phone over WiFi not using data...your home WiFi
can get you on youtube, Google play, Netflix without using data...

Joeb84

Thanks Muddy211, that's what I thought.
I've also downloaded Talkatone on my android tablet and can text and make a call... You even can get your own
number and people can call you right on your tablet. It's voip so the quality is not always the best, but it works and
its free. Google Phone is the same thing. That's what I like about the android platform, it's so flexible.

Having Google Play is a big plus, also. Right now my android tablet doesn't have it so I have to use the Amazon app
store. So basically what your saying is if you are just using wifi, the phone works like a mini tablet. That's great.

tfuser19

Here's the Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura SCH-S738C Tutorial.

* I don't see any mention of airtime tank(s) ..... am I overlooking something.
How do Tracfone users check their airtime/data balances and service end date?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

tfuser19
September 20, 2013, 7:51 am
@ShadowDancer,
* Will the HSN.com Tracfone run on Verizon or Sprint?
* Is it Verizon cause model # has C or what?
* Can the OS on these phones be upgraded?
tfuser19 --

The Samsung Galaxy Centura on HSN.com should run on Verizon, as the phone has been running on Verizon since
it's release. There would be no reason for Tracfone to abruptly readjust the phone's broadband frequencies so that it
would run on Sprint.

Usually in the lower left-hand corner of the box, it will list CDMA-V or CDMA-S. A "V" stands for Verizon and an "S,"
of course, stands for Sprint. . . . The basic difference between a Verizon CDMA phone and a Sprint CDMA phone is
that although the CDMA technology is the same, the phones are set up to run on different broadband frequencies.
And, that's why you can't run a Verizon phone on Sprint and vice versa.

I don't know if the OS can be upgraded. Someone else will have to offer their 2 cents on that question. But, knowing
how Tracfone likes to lock everything down, I wouldn't be overly optimistic that the OS can be upgraded on a basic
phone such as this one.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Joeb84
September 20, 2013, 9:49 am
Thanks Muddy211, that's what I thought.
I've also downloaded Talkatone on my android tablet and can text and make a call... You even can get your own
number and people can call you right on your tablet. It's voip so the quality is not always the best, but it works and
its free. Google Phone is the same thing. That's what I like about the android platform, it's so flexible.

Having Google Play is a big plus, also. Right now my android tablet doesn't have it so I have to use the Amazon app
store. So basically what your saying is if you are just using wifi, the phone works like a mini tablet. That's great.
@Joeb84

I've had a Samsung Galaxy mp3 player on which I can download apps. If you're looking for a texting app on Google
Play, you might want to look at TextPlus. It is an Editor's Choice app.

The basic TextPlus app is free. It is easy to download and to register. You will receive your own phone number to run
the app. A basic text message (SMS) on TextPlus is 250 characters rather than the standard 160 characters on most
phones. The app does offer calling. But, I suspect that it's not great, and calling does cost money... I have never tried
calling with the app. I simply turn the calling function off. . . .You can also send photos (MMS) with this app. But, I don't
think the app sends the receiver the actual photo but rather a link to the photo on the app's website.

There are other texting apps on Google Play. I usually download and try apps that are the most popular and that have
the highest satisfaction rating among users.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Tarkio101
September 19, 2013, 11:57 pm
The main thing I notice is that a minute is equal to 1 text. On other phones, one minute is equal to 3 texts.
So, texting will be 3 times as expensive. Also, one minute, one text, or one MB of data are all equal it appears.

I often but the 450 minute card, which triples to 1350 and costs 80 bucks. At one minute per MB, that would be $80
for 1.35 Gig of data. It appears to me, unless I am missing something obvious, that data will be much cheaper to buy
via the data cards. Much, much cheaper.

The easiest way to view the data rate comparison is by the 300 or 750 MB cards. The 300 is $10 and the 750 is $20.
Obviously you cannot buy 300 minutes for $10 or 750 minutes for $20.

If I do end up with an android phone at some point, (depending on the fine print of the data card) I will probably
buy the $50 card and plan it lasting me a very long time, just to get the cheapest rate. If I make it last a year, that
is only $4.xx per month, and not bad at all.. You cannot really buy any data plan so cheaply with any company I
know of, no matter how low the amount. This could be a decent deal for some. I'm not sure yet. Need to do some
more ciphering. ;)
@Tarkio101 --

Thanks for all of the number crunching that you post on the Forums for us!

I, for one, find your posts very informative and useful. ...And, I appreciate them!

Tarkio101

Thanks! And it's my pleasure. I enjoy it. I'm very glad to know someone finds it useful!

All the talk of bytes and bits and mega and gigs can be daunting for some.

I like to break things down a little more, especially when it comes to cost and getting the best deal.

tfuser19

tracuser
September 20, 2013, 9:13 am
tfuser19
September 20, 2013, 8:41 am
@tracuser,
I haven't tried any but I went to retailmenot.com/view/hsn.com. The code is supposedly 135949.

There are also 15% off codes that might work.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow. Someone on another forum said it might be less tomorrow. I've never bought from
HSN so I can't verify if that is how presells work or not. I also want to wait to hear more about the minutes vs data.
None of those codes worked for me last night. If anyone has success please post here or PM me if you prefer.

muddy211

Hey all, The minutes vs data confusion is there because the TF website that shows the Data cards say one thing
and the description on the HSN page says another? ... I guess we have to wait and see... :D

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I do hope they clear up the airtime VS data thing, because it is a little confusing, especially since the data only
cards don’t add minutes, so, there should be 2 time tanks, correct?

The other thing I am wondering about are bonus codes. Will the Androids allow them, and if so, will they give only
bonus minutes, or bonus minutes and data?

annepani

Sweeper, are you planning on getting one? .. This one or any of the other Androids?

muddy211

The Sweeper
September 20, 2013, 12:45 pm
I do hope they clear up the airtime VS data thing, because it is a little confusing, especially since the data only
cards don’t add minutes, so, there should be 2 time tanks, correct?

The other thing I am wondering about are bonus codes. Will the Androids allow them, and if so, will they give only
bonus minutes, or bonus minutes and data?
Hiya Sweeper, that's what I find confusing...HSN says the minutes, text and data are combined but TF's own website
shows the Data cards...and if you zoom in on the data card it shows the terms...LOL, is there a Scratching my head
emoticon here I can add?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
annepani
September 20, 2013, 1:31 pm
Sweeper, are you planning on getting one? .. This one or any of the other Androids?
Maybe, once the confusion about talk minutes and data minutes get squared away, but it will not be my main line
as I just scored a Galaxy Note to use with my $30 5GB plan T-Mobile plan.

Tarkio101

I don't think the data is really confusing. The minutes, text, and data work the same as on any data capable tracfone.
You can use the minutes for anything, and each has a rate, ie one minute of talk is a minute. One minute of talk is X
number of texts, or one minute of talk is X amount of data.

In addition to putting minutes on the phone, this phone has cards which can be purchased just for data. They provide
data at a cheaper rate than by using minutes. It's similar on contract plans. You can use data on a per use basis, but
it's much cheaper to have a data plan.

muddy211

Hi Tarkio101, we are not confused...

There is clearly two different statements here... One from TF the other from HSN, that is the confusing part!!

How long on them sausages Charlie?? :D

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Ok, let’s say you activate with a 200 minute card and add a 750MB card at the same time. You should have
1350MB according to the way it’s written. Which bucket does the phone use first, if the 200 minute card is a
combined talk, text and data card and the 750MB card is a pure data card?

muddy211

The Sweeper
September 20, 2013, 2:22 pm
Ok, let’s say you activate with a 200 minute card and add a 750MB card at the same time. You should have
1350MB according to the way it’s written. Which bucket does the phone use first, if the 200 minute card is a
combined talk, text and data card and the 750MB card is a pure data card?
Lol thats my point...but Tarkio101 wrote "In addition to putting minutes on the phone, this phone has cards which
can be purchased just for data." But the HSN page says its all combined? .. So why the need for the Data cards?
and vice versa for the TF site....?

muddy211

The suspense is killing me, I'm in St Petersburg, FL. HSN's headquarters?

I wonder if I showed up with my order confirmation If they do local pick-up? LOL B-)

I wonder what the price is for just the phone without the HSN bundle? :D

tfuser19

muddy211
September 20, 2013, 2:51 pm
I wonder what the price is for just the phone without the HSN bundle? :D
$99.99 on NET10.com for just phone ... Tracfone should be exactly the same I would guess.
Well, head on over to HSN and see if you can do a pickup, you'll sleep better.. ;)

Joeb84

I'm surprised there is no mention of the release of these phones on Tracfone's website, other than the data cards
and Tracfone on Facebook. You think they would want to advertise it way in advance to peak everyone's interest.

I guess they are waiting for the official release on the 21st... They really are keeping these phones under wraps.

tfuser19

Another source of user reviews is the Amazon NET10 Samsung Galaxy Centura page.

4/5 stars based on 7 reviews ....... not bad. :)

Whoa! .. Look at the price ....... only $59.99 sold by shopcelldeals. :D

Tarkio101

Joeb84
September 20, 2013, 5:12 pm
I'm surprised there is no mention of the release of these phones on Tracfone's website, other than the data cards
and Tracfone on Facebook. You think they would want to advertise it way in advance to peak everyone's interest.

I guess they are waiting for the official release on the 21st... They really are keeping these phones under wraps.
HSN, like any retailer, can pay to have the exclusive on new products so they will probably be the only place selling
it at the very beginning. It was that way with the LG 840g too. Even Trac wasn't selling it yet. (Though if I remember
correctly, there was one other place that did sell a few right after HSN, but I think they were not supposed to be lol).
Can't remember the site, but I doubt they are still allowed to receive tracfone products with the agreement not to sell
until a certain date.:)

annepani

tfuser19
September 20, 2013, 5:41 pm
Whoa! .. Look at the price ....... only $59.99 sold by shopcelldeals (on Amazon). :D
That is a Net10 phone. Net10 subscribers have much better phones to choose from than the Centura plus they
have the whole BYOD world.. For us at Tracfone it is Centura or nothing until the other phones get released so
we pay Tracfone's asking price.

Joeb84

I like HSN, because I think they give you a good bundle (additional minutes, $25 google play, and a case), which you
don't get elsewhere. Also, they have a great return policy, no questions asked. So many stores still have a restocking
fee. The 5 flex pays make it easy on the budget also.

muddy211

Just left HSN HQ... walked right in the front door and showed the receptionist my order receipt!

Needless to say security tased me and threw me out on my A#$...

tfuser19

annepani
September 20, 2013, 6:09 pm
...That is a Net10 phone. ...
Yah! That's why I put NET10 in the link. It's a S738C and this is the Tracfone/NET10 thread for S738C and I figured
those Amazon reviews are relevant for both Tracfone and NET10 users of this phone.

annepani

tfuser19
September 20, 2013, 7:02 pm
annepani
September 20, 2013, 6:09 pm
...That is a Net10 phone. ...
Yah! That's why I put NET10 in the link. It's a S738C and this is the Tracfone/NET10 thread for S738C and I figured
those Amazon reviews are relevant for both Tracfone and NET10 users of this phone.
Yes the reviews are relevant.
But I was commenting on the reason for the difference in the Net10 price ($60) vs $100 for the Tracfone version.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Just a thought . . . if anybody was so motivated, I suppose he/she could email Shopcelldeals and ask if he planned
to carry the Tracfone version of the Samsung Galaxy Centura... If the answer was yes, then they could try to find out
how soon he planned to stock them and at what price.

ShadowDancer ;)

tfuser19

And the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura (S738C) version for more reviews.

Selling for $99.99 and 3.5/5 stars based on 148 reviews.

muddy211

ShadowDancer
September 20, 2013, 7:17 pm
Just a thought . . . if anybody was so motivated, I suppose he/she could email Shopcelldeals and ask if he planned
to carry the Tracfone version of the Samsung Galaxy Centura... If the answer was yes, then they could try to find out

ShadowDancer ;)
Email and question sent to SHOPCELLDEALS.... :D

Tarkio101

Joeb84
September 20, 2013, 6:18 pm
I like HSN, because I think they give you a good bundle (additional minutes, $25 google play, and a case), which you
don't get elsewhere. Also, they have a great return policy, no questions asked. So many stores still have a restocking
fee. The 5 flex pays make it easy on the budget also.
I have purchased a lot of items from HSN over the years (cell phones and so many other things--computers, tv's,
a mattress, kitchen wares, food, cleaning products etc) and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Flex pay is the best. Almost nowhere offers payments without actually having their charge card or some type of
account. HSN just puts in on my debit card. And they almost always have better deals than I can find anywhere
else. They throw in so many extras. I am sure glad they carry Tracfones.

Piqutchi

Are the FlexPay payments monthly?

If so, does anything happen if you don't get money in your debit card in time for one payment?

Joeb84

The flex pays are monthly. They are usually pretty low, which makes putting aside money each month much easier,
than paying for it all at once. I have an HSN credit card, which makes it very convenient. I believe you can apply for
that right over the phone... If you don't have enough that month, you can just pay the minimum balance. You will be
charged interest though, if you do that. As far as a debit card goes, I guess it depends on your bank and if they charge
over draft charges.

Tarkio101

OMG!!! I am watching HSN right now and I can hardly believe what I am hearing. Not only does it come with 600
minutes, it comes with the minutes AND 600 texts AND 600 MB of data! I never saw them doing this at all. AND,
all future purchases are not just triple minutes, but also the same number of texts and data.

For example, purchase a 200 minute card, it triples to 600 minutes AND gives you 600 texts AND 600 MB of data
ON TOP OF THE MINUTES. Wow. They are saying they are tripling the triple. You don't use the minutes for texting
or data.

AND, if you have minutes left over from another phone, move them to this phone and get the texts and data on top
of the minutes... For example, if you transfer over 500 minutes you already have, they transfer and then Trac adds
500 texts and 500 mb of data. Unbelievable.

tfuser19

Tarkio101
September 21, 2013, 12:08 am
OMG!!! I am watching HSN right now and I can hardly believe what I am hearing. Not only does it come with 600
minutes, it comes with the minutes AND 600 texts AND 600 MB of data! I never saw them doing this at all. AND,
all future purchases are not just triple minutes, but also the same number of texts and data.

For example, purchase a 200 minute card, it triples to 600 minutes AND gives you 600 texts AND 600 MB of data
ON TOP OF THE MINUTES. Wow. They are saying they are tripling the triple. You don't use the minutes for texting
or data.

AND, if you have minutes left over from another phone, move them to this phone and get the texts and data on top
of the minutes... For example, if you transfer over 500 minutes you already have, they transfer and then Trac adds
Sorry, I still don't believe it.

If I have a non-Android Tracfone (let's say one of the new ones like an S390G or LG 840G) with 1000 units on it,
I either talk for 1000 minutes, or send/receive 1000/0.3 text messages, or use the browser to transfer x amount of
data (based on 1000 units).

Now how does it make sense that I buy an Android Tracfone, transfer my 1000 units to it, and I can suddenly do
almost triple (1000 voice minutes AND 1000 texts AND 1000 MB data) of what I could on my non-Android Tracfone?
I don't think Tracfone has any reason to be so generous, as they are running a business after all.

Those HSN salespeople are so slick, they'll convince you of anything, and so confidently too. ;)

I hope I'm wrong about the units, but I doubt it - Carlos is not gonna stay one of the richest people in the world if
we get basically triple the service we did with our pre-Android phones.

Do you remember how those HSN slick sales gals advertised the GPS capabilities of the LG 840G? ^_^

muddy211

Hey Tarkio101, OMG is right, Wow. :D

Tarkio101

Shocking, but it's true...
They couldn't have been more clear about it. I have the 840 and have used google maps just like GPS. :)

They have really barely talked about the phone at all. It's been all about the plan.

I didn't plan on ordering, but I did in fact order one. Couldn't resist this deal.

tfuser19

Tarkio101
September 21, 2013, 12:31 am
Shocking, but it's true...
They couldn't have been more clear about it. I have the 840 and have used google maps just like GPS. :)

They have really barely talked about the phone at all. It's been all about the plan.

I didn't plan on ordering, but I did in fact order one. Couldn't resist this deal.
Oh, I ordered last night ..... I was already sure it's gonna be better than my S390G or LG 840G.

You've used the LG 840G while driving to get turn-by-turn directions? :)

I caught the tail end of the show, did they talk about and show how you verify your balance or add more minutes?

So text messages are really gonna cost 3.333 x as much as pre-Android .... 1 unit vs 0.3 units?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

muddy211
September 20, 2013, 7:51 pm
ShadowDancer
September 20, 2013, 7:17 pm

ShadowDancer ;)
Email and question sent to SHOPCELLDEALS.... :D
Thanks, muddy211! ...Please let us know when you learn something.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Tarkio101

or data.

Golly, those Tracfone plan details seem incredible! -- I wonder what the catch is?? But, I guess we’ll find out ...

Thanks, Tarkio101 for being our guinea pig!

ShadowDancer ;)

Tarkio101

Google maps, gps, same thing to me. I don't drive so I really only want to know where I am. When I pulled up the
map, I could see where I was. When I put in an address, it tells me step by step how to get where I needed to go.
That's all I know.

Text messages will apparently be drawn from a pool of text messages that is in addition to the number of minutes,
so they are not really costing anything in the sense of how pre android phones worked. You just buy minutes, but
also get texts and data. So if 600 minutes cost 29.99, texts would be coming out the 600 minutes on pre android.
Now, if you buy 600 minutes for 29.99, you get 600 minutes along with 600 texts, as well as 600 mb of data.

Joeb84

The triple the triple is amazing.

On the chat the Tracfone expert said also any minutes you have now, will also be triple the triple. That's amazing.

Tarkio101

ShadowDancer
September 21, 2013, 12:50 am
Tarkio101

or data.

Golly, those Tracfone plan details seem incredible! -- I wonder what the catch is?? But, I guess we’ll find out...

Thanks, Tarkio101 for being our guinea pig!

ShadowDancer ;)
The catch is that cell phone rates have dropped dramatically, while tracfone rates have remained on the high side.
I think they are just catching up... Numerous companies have unlimited talk and text for 19.99, data extra, so these
rates are really just getting them back into line with where the market has moved.

I may dislike their customer service, but the beauty of Tracfone is I virtually never have any reason to contact them.
Its been a very simple service to use for me.

tfuser19

Tarkio101
September 21, 2013, 12:50 am
Google maps, gps, same thing to me. I don't drive so I really only want to know where I am. When I pulled up the
map, I could see where I was. When I put in an address, it tells me step by step how to get where I needed to go.
That's all I know.

Text messages will apparently be drawn from a pool of text messages that is in addition to the number of minutes,
so they are not really costing anything in the sense of how pre android phones worked. You just buy minutes, but
also get texts and data. So if 600 minutes cost 29.99, texts would be coming out the 600 minutes on pre android.
Now, if you buy 600 minutes for 29.99, you get 600 minutes along with 600 texts, as well as 600 mb of data.
So continuing with your example, if I start out with 600 minutes / 600 texts / 600 mb, and I use up all my 600 texts,
but still have 600 minutes and 600 mb, will I no longer be able to send/receive texts? Same question for the voice
or data... So basically, what happens if one of the 3 buckets is empty? Does the balance from the remaining two
buckets help for the function with the empty bucket?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I also watched the HSN Tracfone presentation, I caught the whole thing... it was about only a half hour long tonight.

* If all that is true on what they claim (same as what Tarkio101 said above) that is truly an awesome deal.

* They didn't talk much at all about the phone, they spent most of the time explaining the Data and minutes stuff, etc.

* Anyway, I may end up deciding to get it now, and just be done with it, instead of waiting for it down the road.

* I guess I have 24 hours to make my mind up until the special is maybe over ... but I need to sleep on it. (lol)

* Anyone have any discount codes for HSN?... I never ordered from them before, and I don't want a HSN card either.

Samsung Galaxy Centurka B-)

Tarkio101

I order thru bigcrumbs.com and get a little bit back from them, but I haven't ever found any great discounts from
HSN that work with electronics.

The phone is airing again right now, if anyone wants to watch it that missed it.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk
September 21, 2013, 1:00 am
* Anyone have any discount codes for HSN?... I never ordered from them before, and I don't want a HSN card either.

Samsung Galaxy Centurka B-)
Turk B-) --

If you sign up to receive emails from HSN.com, as a first-time subscriber, you can get an additional 15% off.
I don't know if that's worth the email hassle to you.

I see, too, that the phone package comes with free shipping.

And, as Tarkio101 suggested, if you go through some website like bigcrumbs.com, you might save a few extra
dollars, but that seems to be about it, as far as I can tell.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Tarkio101 wrote:

The catch is that cell phone rates have dropped dramatically, while tracfone rates have remained on the high side.
I think they are just catching up... Numerous companies have unlimited talk and text for 19.99, data extra, so these
rates are really just getting them back into line with where the market has moved.

I may dislike their customer service, but the beauty of Tracfone is I virtually never have any reason to contact them.
Its been a very simple service to use for me.[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the explanation, Tarkio101.
What you're saying about the rates going down certainly makes sense. ...I hadn't thought of that angle.

ShadowDancer:)

tfuser19

Tarkio101
September 21, 2013, 1:03 am
I order thru bigcrumbs.com and get a little bit back from them, but I haven't ever found any great discounts from
HSN that work with electronics... The phone is airing again right now, if anyone wants to watch it that missed it.
Tarkio101,
Thanks for letting us know it was airing again .... I just watched it and now I'm convinced :D ... triple everything. :)
I still have questions on what happens when the text bucket is dry and the other two buckets have balances.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

I have a question about HSN.

What happens if they run out of phones before their special deal ends in 22+ hours? Do they issue Rain Checks?

I see that as of 1:45 a.m. EDT, HSN has already sold almost 4600 Samsung Galaxy Centura package deals.

Thanks.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

:O Oh, my God -- a real smartphone (Android 4.0, no less), triple-minutes TracFone -- finally!

Goodbye crappy Java2ME apps. Hello tens of thousands of really good Android apps.

Hello real GPS, gyroscope, position sensor, compass, etc., etc., etc.

I bet this is a hot seller. I wouldn't be surprised if it overtook the LG 840G in a couple of weeks.

My wife already wants to trade in her white 840G for one. :)

Joeb84

I guess you will have to purchase more minutes. For me personally, 600 minutes will last me way past the 90 days.
I have the service protection plan for $5.99 a month. Someone asked on the chat, if it would be the same price for
this phone and he said yes.

I love the voice command, too. I have that on my android tablet and it's great. I really love this phone. Can't wait to get it.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Joeb84
September 21, 2013, 1:44 am
I guess you will have to purchase more minutes. For me personally, 600 minutes will last me way past the 90
days. I have the service protection plan for $5.99 a month. Someone asked on the chat, if it would be the same
price for this phone and he said yes.
Just read the specs on data -- TracFone will have a separate "minutes" card for data, which you buy separately.
The data card will not have an expiration, and will stack (add to your current data balance.)

I was wondering how TracFone would handle data, as smart phones tend to be very data intensive.

Louise29

ShadowDancer
September 21, 2013, 1:42 am
I have a question about HSN.

What happens if they run out of phones before their special deal ends in 22+ hours? Do they issue Rain Checks?

I see that as of 1:45 a.m. EDT, HSN has already sold almost 4600 Samsung Galaxy Centura package deals.

Thanks.

They don't typically do rain checks. If they run out of the TSV, they'll have a "one time only value" on some other item.
They do sometimes have a "wait list" on some items, but I don't think I've ever seen them do it on electronics. Well, OK,
I have seen them do it on computers when they call the manufacturer and ask for some more to be made available in
6 weeks or whatever, but they don't do it very often. Somehow I don't see them doing it on this deal.

tfuser19

ShadowDancer,
They said on the show, once they sell out, then that's it ... done, so don't wait!

And I'm pretty sure I heard the # 5000 .... anyone else hear that?

Offer ends in: 21:58:07 | Over 4,750 Sold

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Oh, oh -- Big caveat -- specs say it is a CDMA phone, so it might have roaming issues.

I think its great TracFone finally moved to Android, but I'll wait for a GSM version (no roaming issues).

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Louise29 and tfuser19 --

Thank you both for the information! I appreciate it.
------------------------------------------------

DoctorM --

There are three more Android smartphones on Tracfone's activation page. They all are CDMA and run on Verizon.
Guess Verizon gave Tracfone the best deal on access to its 3G Network.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

@ ShadowDancer
My Net10 Android smart phone is CDMA also -- which is OK as long as I stay in the carriers coverage.
Get outside that coverage and I'm SOL, unless I have other cell phones with different carriers.

Tarkio101

They usually adjust the airings to try and run it less often if they think they will run out.

And when they run out, they call it sold out and stop taking orders.

Incidentally, I've seen them sell nearly 40,000 of the 840g in a single day, so I'm sure they are well stocked.

Louise29

I just rewatched the broadcast, and both Melissa and Adam said that the "triple triple triple" deal is
available only on HSN and only for today, September 21st. Adam said:
Quote:

I want to stress: this is a U.S. launch. You can't find it anywhere else.
This tripling the triple, as it were, is only available through us for our callers today and for tonight
So presumably anyone buying the phone elsewhere or at HSN after today will only get triple minutes.
I thought this information might help some people to decide whether or not to get the phone from HSN.

An additional quote from Adam:
Quote:

When we say this is exclusive to HSN, it is... There's not a retail store or online store in America that is
offering what we are offering tonight. The only catch to all of this is that when our limited quantity is sold
out, it is done.
It doesn't sound like there are going to be any "rain checks" (known on HSN as a "wait list.")

annepani

Thank you for pointing that out, Louise. That is good to know. I think you just made my decision for me.

Louise29

You're welcome, annepani.

There's so much guessing and wild speculation about this phone and the HSN deal on the
various forums that I thought a little concrete information would be helpful. :)

tfuser19

Louise29,
You wrote "So presumably anyone buying the phone elsewhere or at HSN after today will only get triple minutes."

Do you mean if one buys this phone outside this HSN.com deal, then adds a 200 min card, it would only triple to
600 min without the extra 600 texts or 600 GB data?

Offer ends in: 16:16:43 | Over 5,350 Sold.

Snoozer

ATTENTION CURRENT TRACFONE CUSTOMERS: IF YOU HAVE MINUTES TO CARRY OVER, SAY IF YOU HAD
1000 MINUTES, YOU ARE GETTING WITH THIS DEAL 1000 MINUTES, 1000 TEXT AND 1000 MB OF DATA.

THIS IS A NO-BRAINER TO MAKE YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO THIS PHONE!!! YOU ARE NOW GETTING THE
DEAL OF A LIFETIME FOR CELL COVERAGE, TEXT AND INTERNET DATA!!!!

tracuser

tfuser19
September 21, 2013, 7:36 am
Louise29,
You wrote "So presumably anyone buying the phone elsewhere or at HSN after today will only get triple minutes."

Do you mean if one buys this phone outside this HSN.com deal, then adds a 200 min card, it would only
triple to 600 min without the extra 600 texts or 600 GB data?

Offer ends in: 16:16:43 | Over 5,350 Sold
I watched it too (online). It looks like the actual box says triple everything (big '3x' when they show the box).
It is 'exclusive to HSN' but only right now because it hasn't launched, I think they are just spinning words...

tracuser

Ok, I took the plunge and bought it... Let me confirm, coupons do not work.
The coupons for new customers (15% and $20 off) do not apply for electronics.

Even at $130 is seems like a good deal, the phone alone will probably be $100 once it is
launched in stores and tracfone.com. And if I bought locally it would be $9 tax...

Joeb84

I don't think the triple the triple will be exclusive to HSN. I think that will be available to everyone on this
model phone once it is released to retail. She did say though that once it is released, the phone will be
$160. So this is a great deal in my opinion. Also, on chat, the phone expert said there were no roaming
charges.

muddy211

Anybody catch at what rate the units and or minutes will be deducted for each? - Talk, text, data etc?

We know what that is on our existing TF's but I'm wondering what it will be with this new set up?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.