Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Easter is this coming Sunday... do you do anything special for Easter? ..(Ex: holiday dinner/color eggs/eat candy/etc)
Yes, I do special things / some things.
No, I don't usually do anything special.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 221c & LG 235c Phone Topic
Topic Started: December 11, 2011, 1:12 pm (1,241 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on these phones, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

Found the LG 221c at Wal Mart in Keene, NH this morning for $15. Hopefully this bodes well for the LG 505C to drop soon.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the phone update ... was wondering when the CDMA phones were gonna show up?!

* As we thought... a basic flip phone, with a big screen (which is good), and DMFL...

* Does this phone have a camera? ... at least a cheap VGA camera? ... it doesn't say anywhere on the package?

* Kind of funny how it's been pictured on Tracfone/Net10 websites and not yet for sale, but is already in stores?! (lol)

* Tutorial for LG 221c: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or opinions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks. ;)

Turktorial B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Sorry, Turk, there is no camera on the phone.

Also disappointing is that they made the phone out of the same material that they made the 420G out of.

It is a fingerprint and scratch magnet... They also locked Bluetooth down, but that is no surprise.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the update...

* What a load of crap this phone is ... it doesn't surprise me that this phone has basically nothing to it...
- CDMA Tracfones always seems to get the short end of the stick. :ermm:

* Oh well, it'll be on sale for $10 soon enough, and eventually it will be $10 all the time...

* All I can say now is... bring on the 455c and 505c.. ;)

T• U• R• K B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
And considering how often Trac adds new CDMA phones, it will be $10 for the next 2 and a half years.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Sweeper:

And considering how often Trac adds new CDMA phones, it will be $10 for the next 2 and a half years.
* HA HA HA! .... Wooooooooo! .... good one, Sweeper! :D

T.U.R.K B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Also available at Wal Mart for the same price, $15...

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the phone pic ... maybe this phone will show up around here one day.

* I guess this phone is now worth $15 with the bonus pack ... still don't know why it doesn't have a cheap VGA camera?

* Ok Tracfone, time to bring on the other new CDMA phones so I can complain about them too... (lol) ;)

TurkFone B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Net10 version of the LG 221c is now available for $30.

Posted Image

annepani

There is a tutorial for a new CDMA Tracfone -- the LG 235c.

This phone isn't showing anywhere else -- not the Activate Phones page, and it is not listed for sale anywhere.

When you look at the specs, you wonder why Tracfone bothered issuing it. It seems just like the LG 231c except
that maybe it has bluetooth file transfer. But still no microSD card, etc... We'll just have to stay tuned.

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/searchresults.seam?

The page also contains a link to the 120-page User Manual at the bottom of the column on the left.
It is a real manual, not just a 2-page Getting Started Guide.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* annepani .... thanks for the information / link / and starting a new phone topic for this phone.

* From now on everyone, lets just make this also the Official Topic for this new phone .. ;)

* Ya, Sweeper mentioned this "new phone coming" over in another topic on here right before you did.

* Yep, more crap'ola (crap in Spanish) from Tracfone Inc. ... thanks Tracfone for bringing us more crapFones! (lol)

* This is just the LG 221c that is out now for Tracfone, but with a VGA camera this time ... wow, progress!

* I said in another topic on here that the LG 221c was the LG Envoy without a camera - this phone is the LG Envoy!

* I'm gonna guess this phone will be around $30 at first, like the LG 231c, and go down in price after awhile.

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

TurkFone B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I decided to combined the LG 221c phone topic & the LG 235c phone topic, since they are basically the same phone.

* The only real difference is that the LG 235c has a camera (VGA or higher?) and the LG 221c does not have one.

* Also, I feel neither of these two phones will get much love on here (so put them together and save some space). (lol)
--------------------------

* Alrighty then ... I see over on Tracfone.com that they finally have the LG 221c for sale ... price is $15.

* Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

B-) )===[>>>turk>>>>>

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The LG 235C is now available for purchase from Tracfone's website for $20 ... Comes with DMFL.

Tracfone Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks Sweeper for that information ... I pulled a jaw muscle yawning ... Wooooooooo! (lol) (I stole your joke) ;)

* It wasn't there this morning, I checked... but the Samsung r455c was there and now it is gone, so is the LG 501c.

* I was right in my previous predictions above that this phone is the same as the LG 221c but with a VGA camera.

* PS: it looks like it was a good idea that I combined these two phones together. :D

B-) TURKc

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Big Big news everyone! ... the LG 235c is now available from Net10's website .... rejoice! ... rejoice! ... rejoice! (lol)

* The price of the phone on Net10.com is $40 .... that's $40 too much .... Woooooooooo!

* Here is the website link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?

* I thought I'd just post this Info cause I know millions of people across the U.S. have been waiting for this phone ... NOT!

NETurk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Found at a Target in Bedford, NH for $30.

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweepster ... thanks for the picture - I keep forgetting these LG's are still around, since we don't talk about them much.

* I am surprised it was $30, since it's only $20 on Tracfone's website ... but I guess many shoppers don't know that.

* Tracfone better put out at least one CDMA qwerty phone this year, one that looks like a blackberry style I mean.

* Ps: did you buy the phone or just looking at it?

The Turkster B-)

TracfoneFan

annepani
February 15, 2012, 6:04 pm
There is a tutorial for a new CDMA Tracfone -- the LG 235c.

This phone isn't showing anywhere else -- not the Activate Phones page, and it is not listed for sale anywhere.

When you look at the specs, you wonder why Tracfone bothered issuing it. It seems just like the LG 231c except
that maybe it has bluetooth file transfer. But still no microSD card, etc... We'll just have to stay tuned.

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/searchresults.seam?

The page also contains a link to the 120-page User Manual at the bottom of the column on the left.
It is a real manual, not just a 2-page Getting Started Guide.
I have some good news for those looking for LG 235c.

I called Tracfone last night. As usual, speaking with a rep who had no idea where I could get model 235c..so.....
I finally Googled a question.... and one posting said the 235 is avail in Austin TX, The rep. checked it and it was
NOT available. Where I live in WI all CDMA Trcfns work well.

So, I remember a few years ago also trying to get the LG 3280 model which was the latest and greatest at the
time...and a customer suggested Wyoming. Sure enuf...I found it in Amblen, Wyoming...and told the sales dept
at Tracfone. And it's finally on it's way...yay!!!

Other info I've discovered on Tracfone LG models... The 221 is actually a slightly larger version of LG 220, (which
remains my all time favorite voice dial Tracfone). The voice command on the 221 is on the side, unlike on the 220,
which is conveniently on the keyboard...and to me its not as light and compact as the 220 model...

The 235, which supposedly is on its way to me is actually a remake model of LG 231....(220's sister or brother,
but with a camera).

I never liked the 231 much because it was heavier, and the voice command "hesitated" when you would request
a command...I had two of them just to see if my first one could have been defective....but nope...

I'm looking forward to the "evasive" 235...cuz apparently the voice command button lights up when it asks you to
make a request.

Just wish Tracfone will release another TMFL card which they did briefly in May....That would be soooo cool.

Mike

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* TracfoneFan ... welcome to officially the #1 Tracfone & Net10 Forum on the internet - also known as the Machine.

* That quote of annepani's was way back in February, before this phone started showing up in some stores or online.

* Since then, these two CDMA phones can now be purchased from Tracfone.com and/or Net10.com, just saying.

* Tracfone.com Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

* Net10.com Link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?

* I'm glad you got the phone you wanted, but it sounded like you had to jump through hoops to get it... (lol)

* Couldn't the Tracfone Rep just have told you they have it for sale on their website? (just thinking out loud) ;)

Turk B-)

Landngroove

LG 235C Browser Question?

Purchased an LG 235C this past Wednesday, went through the activation process, and can send and receive
calls O.K., but when I use the browser, I get a message: Error: Network down.

Have I missed something in my set-up, or is the network really down for four days?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Landngroove .. hi .. the LG 235c is a CDMA phone which uses the Verizon network, just in case you didn't know that.
* Maybe the Verizon towers/service in your area may be having problems right now - or maybe not - just saying.

* You didn't do anything wrong during the activation process or with your set up of the phone - Tracfone does all that.
* Sometimes the browser won't work on these phones after an activation - it's not your fault - it's just happens sometimes.

* I am guessing that is all it is, the browser won't work properly, and it needs to be addressed by calling Tracfone up.
* I say wait til Monday to see if the browser starts working, if not, call their Miami HQ where you'll get better Service.

* The Miami number is 1-800-876-5753 ... and call between 9-5pm est ... that's the best time to get a hold of them.
* And tell them your new phone browser won't work right or turn on, and hopefully they'll fix it ... good luck.. ;)

Turk B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Landngroove
November 13 2013
When roaming on a CDMA Tracfone is it 1X, or 2X minutes? ... Mine is an LG 235C. ....... Thanks.
* Landngroove .... all CDMA Tracfones are now 1X minute per minute, even when roaming.

* There is no more extra charges for roaming, it's only 1 minute charged whether you roam or not.

* So if you have anymore questions about your LG 235c, please ask them here ... thanks.

Turk 2 B-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.