Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Samsung s425g Phone Topic
Topic Started: June 7, 2012, 4:46 pm (3,168 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

The new Samsung S425G .... Purchased on eBay for $45! .... Not in stores yet.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Does it really have an email app on the phone?

It shows on the screen display but they've put things on there that weren't really on the phone.

Thanks for the picture. TIA

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The tutorial lists e-mail. I have not cracked it, and for the sort term, won't crack it. I got too many I need to look over first.

Tutorial Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTSAS425G&locale=en_US

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I guess it does have an email app (I'll wait to hear if it's any good).

I checked the User Guide and it says press Menu>Messages>Email then follow the on-screen instructions to
complete the process, so it looks like there is one... Thanks for the link.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks Sweeper for the picture, and for starting up a new topic on this phone ... you beat me to it! (lol)
* I also saw this phone for sale on eBay the other day, but never got around to starting a new topic on it.

* No surprise it has appeared, since we talked about it awhile back in the New Tracfones coming soon topic.
* Plus, it's been on Tracfone's and Net10's websites / activation page / download page for awhile now.

* The Samsung s425g is also known as the Samsung Evergreen that is out for AT&T, it can be seen at Radio Shacks.
* That is why it has a (evergreen) green ring around the inside of the D-pad, and also has some green on some of
* the qwerty keypad buttons.

* It's a nice looking phone in person, it has a 2.0mp camera & recorder, MP3 player, etc, (as seen in picture).
* Whenever it does show up in stores or on Tracfone/Net10 websites, it'll probably be $60. (not bad for $45! + TMFL!)

* Ps: all my Walmarts have stopped selling the LG 500g? - maybe making room for new GSM phones? - lets hope! ;)

Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Here's the S425G information from Samsung's website...

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S425ZGATFN-features

annepani

I got mine today. It's quite a phone... Thanks for pointing it out, Sweeper.

Do you know about holsters and cases? I haven't found any. I've been looking since I ordered it a few days ago.
I looked under Samsung S425G and Samsung Evergreen.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper and annepani .... after playing around with this phone for awhile, let us know what you guys think of it.

* I saw this phone a few times in person at Radio Shack (Samsung Evergreen) and I thought it was nice myself.

* Does it have the web like design on the back of the phone cover? The Evergeen did, it was kind of cool looking.

* Also, let us know what phone you all think is better or nicer - the Samsung s425g or the LG 505c? ... thanks. ;)

www.Turk.com B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I saw that they had this on the racks by the Net10 phones...

* New, empty sale pegs, with the sticker printed for the new Net10 Samsung s425g -- price will be $80.

* Ok, the Race is officially on -- who will get the picture of this phone first?! -- the Turk?! -- or the Sweeper?! (lol) ;)

Not Sweep Racer, but Turk Racer. B-)

annepani

Turk
June 12, 2012, 12:31 am
* Sweeper and annepani .... after playing around with this phone for awhile, let us know what you guys think of it.
* Does it have the web like design on the back of the phone cover? The Evergeen did, it was kind of cool looking.
* Also, let us know what phone you all think is better or nicer - the Samsung s425g or the LG 505c? ... thanks. ;)
Yes it has a nubby back. Easy to grip. Not slippery at all.

Overall I choose the Samsung s425g over the LG 505C... I have already returned the LG 505C.

I got the LG 505C with an eye to replacing both my Sam T404G and LG 800G and walking around with just one
device that had both slider/qwerty (T404) and touchscreen (LG 800G). As it turned out I replaced the Sam T404
with the Sam S425g (a GORGEOUS phone) and for now I am keeping the LG 800G for any touchscreen needs.

Keep in mind that I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I can turn to that for serious touchscreen and browsing needs.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* annepani ... thanks for answering my questions so far about this phone ... I also like that nubby back on the phone.

* Too bad the LG 505c didn't work out for you, but I do think the Samsung s425g is a nice choice to replace it though.

* I have a feeling the LG 505c might end up being one of those "misses" for Tracfone, similar to the Motorola ex124g.

* You know, the phone that kind of looks and sounds great before it comes out, then after awhile, goes away quietly.

* I don't think the 505c is a bad phone, I just think the price needs to drop a lot, that's all. (not hatin', just sayin') ;)

* Ps: what's up with new Tracfones sold first from ebayers?, and not from stores or their websites?, that seems odd. :huh:

Not Ebay, but Tbay, T as in Turk B-)

annepani

Has anyone (besides me) activated the phone?

The tutorial shows Edge (white E on a blue background).. But my phone doesn't match the tutorial. It has a small
blurry icon that appears to be 3G. It is a blurry white 3G on a blue background. The User Guide doesn't reference
the icon at all.

Has anyone else activated the phone? Do you have Edge or 3G?

thecharrr

After looking at some Samsung Evergreen pictures, I'd can say that it does indeed have 3G.

I'd totally get one if I weren't close to joining on a contract phone deal.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
It is indeed a 3G phone. The "G" actually does look like a "3" on the screen, so it looks like "33" near the signal bars.

thecharrr

Guess this the beginning of Tracfone's conversion to 3G due to 2G being phased out.

episodic

Can anyone tell me if this phone has a headphone jack? (Standard 3.5 or other wise).

annepani

It uses a headphone with a microUSB jack. And it shares the port with power and USB. So you can't charge the
phone and use a wired headset at the same time which is common for Samsung GSM phones. You would have
to find a Y-splitter if you wanted to use them simultaneously, like on a road trip through a handsfree state.

episodic

annepani
June 21, 2012, 4:47 pm
It uses a headphone with a microUSB jack. And it shares the port with power and USB. So you can't charge the
phone and use a wired headset at the same time which is common for Samsung GSM phones. You would have
to find a Y-splitter if you wanted to use them simultaneously, like on a road trip through a handsfree state.
I'm confused... Does this mean you can't use a standard pair of headphones?
I've never seen headphones plug into a usb port? ... Thanks for clarifications.

annepani

Get used to the idea of power, usb and headphones all plugging into the same port and having to share it on
Samsung GSM phones (but not Samsung CDMA). This is true for the lowly T101g of 3 or 4 years ago right on
up to the current S425g.

They aren't all microUSB interfaces. Until recently Samsung used their proprietary S20 interface.

If you want to use standard headphones, you would have to locate a male microUSB to female 3.5 mm adapter.

The CDMA phones, the R-series (R451c, R455c, etc) typically use the microUSB power/USB interface and a
separate 3.5 mm headset interface.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I happened to finally see this new phone out for sale...
* The new Net10 Samsung s425g -- price was $80 -- as talked about in the posts above.
* I had my Hollywood Famous Turkberry (r355c) on me (the same phone Madonna uses) - so I took some pictures of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
A bit of warning to those folks who want the S425G. Seems that Tracfone is NOT charging 0.5 units per web minute.
They ARE charging per KB used, and it seems rather expensive. A download of Opera Mini on mine, which took less
than 2 minutes, cost me over 5 units of airtime. So, if you get one, use the web wisely.. The e-mail application can be
set to automatically check for new email at a set interval (from 30 minutes up to 1 day) and it charges 0.3 every time it
checks, even if you do not have new email.

annepani

The Sweeper
June 25, 2012, 7:22 pm
A bit of warning to those folks who want the S425G. Seems that Tracfone is NOT charging 0.5 units per web minute.
They ARE charging per KB used, and it seems rather expensive.
Did Tracfone say what the charge is per KB?

Tarkio101

Oh, wow. This sounds new for Tracfone...

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
They still claim that the S425G deducts 0.5 units per web minute. I received an email from Trac, and also a PM
over on the ‘other’ forum stating the same (0.5 units per web minute)... I am in the process of putting together a
little package which I plan on forwarding to the BBB and possibly the NH Attorney General. Their claims on 0.5
per web minute and my findings of deducting units on a per “KB’ basis, is basically false advertising.

annepani

The Sweeper
June 26, 2012, 8:53 am
They still claim that the S425G deducts 0.5 units per web minute. I received an email from Trac, and also a PM
over on the ‘other’ forum stating the same (0.5 units per web minute)... I am in the process of putting together a
little package which I plan on forwarding to the BBB and possibly the NH Attorney General. Their claims on 0.5
per web minute and my findings of deducting units on a per “KB’ basis, is basically false advertising.
The_Sweeper -- Any word on data charges?

Could I get a copy of the email they sent you and a copy of the PM you got on the 'other' forum?
I called Exec Res/Corp today and got nowhere. Will do some research and then call them again tomorrow.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I have heard nothing back on either forum. One of the reasons could be that Trac has not ‘officially’ released the
phone. We know that it’s been posted on Phone Scoop, but we still have not seen it for sale on the website, and
I don’t think it has been seen in stores. ... We know they stay tight lipped about new phones, but even they know
that it is out there now, so it’s time to get the information ot to folks who want the phone.

Odds are, when my S390G arrives (today), I will transfer my number off the S425G and ‘retire’ it. It will sit along
side the 505C. Both having been deactivated.

annepani

I called Exec Res / Corporate yesterday. No help, big screaming match. But data rates and MMS rates seem to
be working correctly now.

I say for anybody thinking of this phone, give it a shot.

tfuser19

Hi all,

I'd like to know how the Tracfone Samsung s425g compares to the Tracfone LG 800g which I currently have.
Has anyone used both that can help answer that? - The web speed on my LG 800g is terribly slow, makes it
useless for me.

How's the Tracfone Samsung s425g in that regard? - Is there more info on this phone that I overlooked other
than what's in this thread?

Thanks... tfuser19

annepani

tfuser19
June 29, 2012, 12:25 pm
Hi all,

I'd like to know how the Tracfone Samsung s425g compares to the Tracfone LG 800g which I currently have.
Has anyone used both that can help answer that? - The web speed on my LG 800g is terribly slow, makes it
useless for me.

How's the Tracfone Samsung s425g in that regard? - Is there more info on this phone that I overlooked other
than what's in this thread? ..... Thanks ..... tfuser19
I have both the LG 800G and the Samsung S425G also the recently announced Samsung S390G as probably many
people on this forum do. The phones are very different and your question is too broad to answer it with any substance.
My suggestion would be to review the information in the tutorials and manuals and narrow your list of concerns, then
post back with specifics.

Here is a link to the tutorial and 155 page manual for the Samsung S425G...
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS425G&locale=en_US

And here is the tutorial and 151 page manual for the Samsung S390G...
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS390G&locale=en_US

tfuser19

annepani, Thanks for your response.

My LG 800g browser uses Edge. Does yours use Edge, and how was the browsing speed? Mine was pathetically
slow, so I don't bother using it. Does your s425g use 3G and when you use it for browsing, is the speed better than
your LG 800g? Do you find the browsing speed acceptable with the s425g?

Can you name two or three things you like about each phone vs the other?
You have three Tracfones - which ones do you use, and which one do you mostly use?

Thanks you for your help. I hope I narrowed the scope down to something you can deal with now. :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my Sears stores today, and I happened see this phone out for sale for the first time ever in stores!
* The new Tracfone Samsung s425g -- price was $60 -- as talked about in the Weekly Phone Sales Topic on here.
* I had my Sports Famous Turkberry (r355c) on me (the same phone the Olympics uses) - so I took a picture of it.

Posted Image

Picture provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

northwave

Car Charger Question?
I have a Samsung S425G and need a car charger... Will most any micro USB charger work or do I need to be more
specific? I see that some have protection IC's to keep from overcharging which seems like a no-brainer. I don't want
to spend more than I need but some E-Bay models are only a few $$$ and I don't want to damage this phone trying
to save a couple of bucks.

Thanks!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

northwave
August 20, 2012, 12:42 pm
I have a Samsung S425G and need a car charger... Will most any micro USB charger work or do I need to be more
specific? I see that some have protection IC's to keep from overcharging which seems like a no-brainer. I don't want
to spend more than I need but some E-Bay models are only a few $$$ and I don't want to damage this phone trying
to save a couple of bucks....... Thanks.
MicroUSB is a standard for voltage and function. If your device is out of warranty, then any car charger that
terminates in a microUSB plug should work fine.

If your device is still in warranty, then you may want to use the manufacturer's recommended charger(s), just
to be sure you don't violate the warranty. Most manufacturers only recommend their own brand accessories.

northwave

Thanks Doc!

northwave

As per the Good Doc's advice, I bought an official OEM Samsung car charger.

Samsung had them listed on their site for $19.95 but Amazon had them for as little as $5-$8 +/- shipped.
I used the model # from Samsung to be sure it was the identical item as the phone is under warranty and
don't want any issues if it goes belly-up!

tfuser19

For what its worth, my Samsung S390G won't charge with certain LG chargers that work with our LG 800gs.

With this LG wall charger, the S390G will start charging for a few seconds then says the USB cables has been
disconnected. It stays in a cycle of doing this.

The output on the LG charger this happens with is 4.8 VDC / 0.4 A, while the working charger Samsung output
is 5.0 VDC / 0.7A.

So there's something non-standard here, I have not figured out what just yet, but since I have so many microUSB
chargers now, it's not a big deal.

LG battery is 900mAh/3.7V, while Samsung battery is 1000mAh/3.7V.

Sammy works fine with a LG 4.8V/1.0A charger I have.

northwave

As my Samsung S425G and my wife's LG 800G both came with AC wall chargers, I think we'll just use those for
the appropriate phone.

I snagged the OEM LG 800G car charger for her and the OEM Samsung S425G car charger for my phone.
I understand that they MAY (likely.....) have similar specs I will do as Doc M suggested and stay with the branded
car chargers for now.

tfuser19

northwave
August 20, 2012, 3:38 pm
I used the model # from Samsung to be sure it was the identical item as the phone is under warranty and
don't want any issues if it goes belly-up!
I doubt the phone would go belly up if you used any microUSB charger with comparable voltage/current output
as OEM, and even if it did, how would they prove it was the charger that caused the problem?

I believe all the smarts to know when the phone is charged is built into the phone and the phone turns off the
charger input when it has drank enough juice.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

tfuser19
August 20, 2012, 6:15 pm
For what its worth, my Samsung S390G won't charge with certain LG chargers that work with our LG 800gs.

With this LG wall charger, the S390G will start charging for a few seconds then says the USB cables has been
disconnected. It stays in a cycle of doing this.

The output on the LG charger this happens with is 4.8 VDC / 0.4 A, while the working charger Samsung output
is 5.0 VDC / 0.7A.

So there's something non-standard here, I have not figured out what just yet, but since I have so many microUSB
chargers now, it's not a big deal.

LG battery is 900mAh/3.7V, while Samsung battery is 1000mAh/3.7V.

Sammy works fine with a LG 4.8V/1.0A charger I have.
I think the problem with the LG charger with the 0.4 amp limit is that the Samsung phone wants to draw more power
(volt amps) than the charger can supply, and either the Samsung unit senses it and disconnects, or (more likely) the
LG charging unit senses it as a fault and shuts itself off.

northwave

Micro SD Card Question?

I bought a 4 gig Micro SD card with the purchase of my Samsung S425G as it was only an additional $4.

I don't (likely won't) be using the phone for playing/storing video, pictures, or music.
I intend to use this as a phone and some basic wireless web browsing with Opera Mini installed.

Will the additional memory be helpful for web browsing?

tfuser19

No.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Just wanted to give a quick update on the Tracfone model and where you'll be able to find it if interested in buying one.

* Remember, prices may vary at these sites from day to day or week to week, just saying.

* The Tracfone version can be purchased on eBay.com and/or Amazon.com for around $36 - $45.

* The Tracfone version is now available at K-Mart, Target, and Sears stores for $60 (original price).

* But just to let you know that the Tracfone version is on sale this week at K-Marts for $40, if interested.

TuRkFoNe B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Not big news or anything, but just wanted to say that this phone is now available for sale on Tracfone & Net10 websites.

* It is $60 on Tracfone.com http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

* It is $80 on Net10.com http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?

* These are the same prices that are also listed in all the stores that carry this phone.. ;)

NeTuRk B-)

dan1101

Just got mine for $30 from Amazon. Nice phone, compares well with my Verizon Samsung Intensity. I really
liked the keyboard better on the Intensity, the S425G got rid of the top row of numbers and made the keys
bigger, but now the keyboard looks busy with the numbers sharing keys with the letters. Plus they made the
space bar tiny.

Anybody know how to disable the Browser? I've accidentally hit the Browser button from the home screen and
lost talk time... I think I've checked all the regular menus but I assume there is a service menu somewhere.

tfuser19

I'm confused... hsn.com has a Tracfone Samsung T425 hsn.com a T425G that looks exactly like the Tracfone
Samsung S425G pictured above. Why does one start with "S" and the other with "T"? Same phone or different?
Odd thing is Walmart has a T425G on their website also.

If they are the same phone, the hsn.com price @ $90 shipped includes case, car charge, 1yr/1200 min and
seems like a steal over paying $30 or more for just the phone.

tfuser19

dan1101
October 1, 2012, 8:45 pm
Anybody know how to disable the Browser? I've accidentally hit the Browser button from the home screen and
lost talk time... I think I've checked all the regular menus but I assume there is a service menu somewhere.
Probably cannot be disabled... Tracfone $$$ likes $$$ it when we accidentally hit the browser button. :)

annepani

tfuser19
October 1, 2012, 9:12 pm
I'm confused... hsn.com has a Tracfone Samsung T425 hsn.com a T425G that looks exactly like the Tracfone
Samsung S425G pictured above. Why does one start with "S" and the other with "T"? Same phone or different?
Odd thing is Walmart has a T425G on their website also.

If they are the same phone, the hsn.com price @ $90 shipped includes case, car charge, 1yr/1200 min and
seems like a steal over paying $30 or more for just the phone.
There are many mistakes in the HSN writeup... For example, it says the phone has wifi.

tfuser19

HSN mistakes doesn't explain Walmart's T425G page.

dan1101

I have written both TracFone and Samsung about disabling the browser button. Both say that the other company
is responsible for it. I'm sure Samsung made the phone to TracFone specifications. My feeling is TracFone could
probably disable browsing from their end, and that both TracFone and Samsung know how to get to hidden menu
options to disable it.

Frustrating when you can't configure hardware you paid for to work like you want.

tfuser19

dan1101
October 2, 2012, 9:54 pm
Frustrating when you can't configure hardware you paid for to work like you want.
I'd love to know how much of Tracfone's revenue comes from accidental browser button pushes and accidental
phone calls ............ I've gotten used to hitting the End button quickly multiple times after I hit that Browser button
accidentally numerous times.

annepani

tfuser19
October 2, 2012, 9:21 pm
HSN mistakes doesn't explain Walmart's T425G page.
No. Walmart makes its own mistakes.
The Walmart page gives the correct model number: TFSAS425GTMP4 so it is just a bad writeup:

TFSAS425GTMP4

TF = Tracfone
SA = Samsung
S425 model
G = GSM
TM = Triple Minutes for Life
P4 = ATT

dan1101

Samsung says:

"The hardware of the phone is manufactured by Samsung but the software and the programming of the device is
solely incorporated and configured by your carrier... With this, your carrier has formed their own support group to
assist you with your inquiries. "

annepani

Has anyone found a clip-on holster for this phone?
I am not interested in a case or pouch with belt clip or. I just want a holster with clothespin style clip.

I've searched under S425 and Evergreen but can't find one.
I have one for my Sam T404G and Sam R455C but can't find one for this.

Thanks.

kge161

Can any one find this phone with a minutes bundle anywhere? ... It is out of stock at HSN, eBay, and Amazon.

gdsmit1

Ok, so I just bought one of these phones for my wife...

Got the number ported over, now she's asking if there are any games for it. It didn't come with any games.

But are there any available for this phone? ... I'm sure it isn't Android, but is it J2me?

gdsmit1

Also, I came across a problem. When she takes a photo, it isn't always available to use as wall paper.

I have yet to do any research on it, but figured I'd ask here first.

MikeS

S425G Tracfone deducting time? ... Unexplained Tracfone behavior?

I've had Tracfones since the late 90's - an old Nokia, a Motorola C261 and now a new Samsung S425G.. I've had
the Samsung three weeks or so and have discovered that it wakes up from standby every hour - sometimes at ten
past the hour and sometimes at ten until the hour - beeps twice and deducts a fraction of a minute. It's .15 of a minute.
Which adds up to about $5/mo I've figured. The triple minutes make up for that loss I guess, but the main annoyance
is having the thing beep at me every hour. Two little beeps. The screen comes on and states the new remaining total
- .15 of a minute from the previous time it did it an hour earlier.

That works out to a $60/year total deduction, mas o menos.

One other person with this phone, recently bought, says the same thing is happening with her S425G.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here? I've got an email in to Tracfone CS so I'm hoping somebody will take
the time to figure it out and put an end to it. Currently I just leave the phone turned off to avoid the annoyance of the
little beeps every hour. Time does not get deducted when the phone is turned off.

I bought this phone directly from Tracfone. $39 with free FedEx shipping. I think the phone is great except for this
issue I've described.

Mike

Tarkio101

If the main annoyance is the beeping, I would just turn off the sound on the phone.

Snoozer

MikeS
January 6, 2013, 7:52 pm
I've had Tracfones since the late 90's - an old Nokia, a Motorola C261 and now a new Samsung S425G.. I've had
the Samsung three weeks or so and have discovered that it wakes up from standby every hour - sometimes at ten
past the hour and sometimes at ten until the hour - beeps twice and deducts a fraction of a minute. It's .15 of a minute.
Which adds up to about $5/mo I've figured. The triple minutes make up for that loss I guess, but the main annoyance
is having the thing beep at me every hour. Two little beeps. The screen comes on and states the new remaining total

One other person with this phone, recently bought, says the same thing is happening with her S425G.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here? I've got an email in to Tracfone CS so I'm hoping somebody will take
the time to figure it out and put an end to it. Currently I just leave the phone turned off to avoid the annoyance of the
little beeps every hour. Time does not get deducted when the phone is turned off.

I bought this phone directly from Tracfone. $39 with free FedEx shipping. I think the phone is great except for this
issue I've described.

Mike
Unless you have the button stuck that you hit for the browser is only thing I know that might cause it.
Personally I would call Tracfone and demand a new phone of another type citing this one doesn't work right
and it states in their warranty that if a customer doesn't like the type phone with its problems, Tracfone has
to issue a comparable type phone. This is what I would stomp up and down for. DO NOT LET THEM GIVE YOU
A MOTOROLA EX124g!! I had this model with straighttalk and refurbished with tracfone(turned in straighttalk
rejects they pushed back to the market as tracfone models) and the phone doesn't get good reception nor the
main point call clarity I would give a -1 out of a scale of 1-10!! ... It is that bad, trust me!
:O

TF Noob

MikeS

issue I've described.

Mike
It sounds like the phone might be checking for new emails. If it is anything like my s390g try going to email in the
main menu and scroll down to settings. Click on receiving options and look for auto sync. If auto sync is enabled
switch it to off and see if that helps.

MikeS

The Browser button isn't stuck... If it were the Browser deducting time, it would be in larger increments than 15
hundredths of a minute, every hour at the same time. It adds up to 2 minutes per 24 hours. That's $5/mo, $60/yr.

Besides the loss of time I'm finding carrying the phone around turned on is like having an alarm clock set to go
off every hour. Unless I can get this aspect of it fixed the phone is virtually unusable.

I'm waiting on Tracfone CS to reply to my email. Thanks for the tip on the Motorola model. I'll do some shopping
just now and see what would be a good replacement.

Mike

annepani

MikeS
I've had the Samsung s425g three weeks or so and have discovered that it wakes up from standby every hour
- sometimes at ten past the hour, and sometimes at ten until the hour - beeps twice and deducts a fraction of a
minute. It's .15 of a minute. Which adds up to about $5/mo I've figured. The triple minutes make up for that loss
I guess, but the main annoyance is having the thing beep at me every hour. Two little beeps. The screen comes
on and states the new remaining total - .15 of a minute from the previous time it did it an hour earlier. One other
person with this phone, recently bought, says the same thing is happening with her S425G.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?
I have an S425G. You have your email sync frequency set to 1 hour. Change it to 1 day.
That is the maximum. You cannot turn it off.

Menu > Email > Settings > Receiving Options > Sync Frequency

The instructions posted by TF Noob are for the S390G, and they don't exist on this phone.

And you are correct that it has nothing to do with the browser.

annepani

These are the steps to save a picture contained in a picture message and transfer to PC. Perhaps these steps for
the S425g can be a starting point for figuring out the sequence for other phones like the LG 840g.

Menu > Messages > Inbox > navigate to message > View (do not click Options).

Message opens, wait for Stop in lower left to change to Options.

Select Options > More > right arrow > Save Items > Save. Exit from Messages

Go to My Folder > Pictures select the picture, move to card if necessary (Options > Move > right arrow > Selected >
Memory Card > Select > navigate to Pictures > Options > Move to Selected Folder > Select > get confirmation tone
that it moved.

Now that it is on the microSD card, you can copy it to the PC via USB cable.

Hope this helps.

Snoozer

Does anyone know if the S425G was ever in service with AT&T sim card or their (AT&T's) service? I would like to have the old type phone with a good size keyboard style layout to easily type text messages for work since i have to pay for the service and am on a limited income due to the economy!

I activated this phone in a zip code other than my own for the purpose to use in the area where i work, which is another zip code and it activated but Tmobile's service isn't in my zip and was wondering if this phone can be used with an AT&T SIM card. Instead tracfone sends me a cdma phone with same type of service that i have with a personal Tracfone, but i needed the other AT&T carrier which is most dominant in the geographical area that my employer services in. You would think Tracfone wants me to use it more and would send me an AT&T Sim card if a Samsung S425G can operate under the AT&T carrier!!! Sometimes i wondering if Tracfone trains from the top down!!!

annepani

Snoozer
February 1, 2014, 7:15 am
Does anyone know if the S425G was ever in service with AT&T sim card or their (AT&T's) service? I would like to have the old type phone with a good size keyboard style layout to easily type text messages for work since i have to pay for the service and am on a limited income due to the economy!
I have an S425 on ATT and it works great.

Reminder if you plan to do a lot of picture messaging (MMS). And this comment applies only to picture messaging, not text messaging.

The S425 uses Tracfone's new data rate which is much more expensive than the previous data rate. If you know you will be doing a lot of picture messaging as opposed to texts, then you might want to consider its predecessor, the T404. It uses the previous, cheaper data rate and has the same keyboard layout as the S425 and many of the same physical features, larger font so easier to read, and a few other niceties.

The charges are the same for texting on both phones so if you will do mostly texting the charges will be the same for both phones.

I did a writeup comparing the two phones here on Turk Forums. I'll look for it and post the link.

Snoozer

annepani
February 1, 2014, 9:48 am
Snoozer
February 1, 2014, 7:15 am
I have an S425 on ATT and it works great.
I had Tracfone send me an AT&T Sim card and it works great as you told me. I don't have a lot of signal of AT&T but i have one and a half bars of service with the S425G than having none with the LG800G phone!!! shopcelldeals on ebay or amazon has this phone running for right under $10 dollars with phone being reconditioned (phone has a TMobile sim card in it!!) If you need AT&T Sim card call Tracfone's Customer Service Department and have them ship you one.

I again am using the phone for work related sending text from the full qwerty keyboard which saves me lots of time and aggravation plus as annepane stated, your text cost a 1/3 a minute but again don't use the phone for internet or it will tan your hide on costs!

annepani

Does anyone know where the degree symbol is on this phone or if it even has one? I can't find it anywhere.
I am referring to the temperature degree, as in degrees Fahrenheit or degrees Celsius/Centigrade.

Thanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.