Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Who would you like to see win the Baseball World Series?
Kansas City Royals
San Francisco Giants
I don't care who wins.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Tracfone) Alcatel a382g Phone Topic
Topic Started: August 7, 2012, 6:04 am (6,881 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

A new GSM phone appears on Tracfone's website ... the Alcatel A382G...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
It may be just me, but by the looks of the tutorial and user guide. The Alcatel A382G will not have web access.
It will basically be a talk and text phone.

Phone Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/pub/72190/docs/UserGuide.pdf

Phone Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFALA382G&locale=en_US

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks for the picture and infomation about this new phone coming out...

* I took all your info and past posts and put them together and started up an Official Phone Topic on it.. ;)

* This is just a bare bones, basic phone alright ... with those big buttons, I bet it is made for the older folks.

* That's kind of cool it has an FM Radio (I like FM Radios on phones) ... I say around $10- $15 for this phone.

* Maybe it's also coming out for Senior Value Cellphones? ... SVC hasn't come out with any new phones in awhile.

Alcaturk B-)

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Definitely a nice basic easy-to-see and press-button phone, great for the no-frills or big-finger set... If it is cheap
enough, I might get one for hubby - he says his LG 500G is really unnecessarily fancy for his basic voice needs.

annepani

It has a built-in FM radio... I like phones that have a radio.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I happened to see this new Tracfone out for sale - first time ever!
* The new Tracfone Alcatel a382g -- and the price was a shocking $30! -- I had to double check to make sure! (lol)
* This phone is big, and kind of ugly -- it has to be geared towards the older folks -- I can't see young people liking it?
* Anyway, I had my Phone Hall of Fame Turkberry on me (the Net10 Samsung r355c) - so I took a few pictures of it.
* Ps: this Tracfone box is like the Net10 boxes, it opens up to see the phone inside, I wonder if this is the new trend?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Phone Hall of Fame Turkberry B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I think if you take the charging stand out of the equation, you’d be in the $20 range.

Here I thought I would get a weekend off, but there are no off weekends for the cell phone hunter.

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Turk
October 2, 2012, 1:16 am
* Ps: this Tracfone box is like the Net10 boxes, it opens up to see the phone inside, I wonder if this is the new trend?
I hope this is a trend in the packaging, Turk, right now the Tracfone hard plastic "tomb" the phones are in is practically
impossible to get open, at least for me, without practically slicing my fingers off trying to cut into the plastic.

zombie

I don't care much about ease of opening but with the plastic clamshell once you have it open it is a less desirable,
more awkward way of storing the accessories you don't often use. I've never even plugged in my charger, most of
the discount codes in the coupon book are equaled or bettered online and half had already expired when I received
the phone, and the manual is more convenient to read in the online PDF format.

I like this A382G phone... If I never texted or wanted a phone to be more than just a phone then the ergonomics:
size ratio is good, lack of internet browser button good, charger stand good... though I'd feel it was even better if
~ 3mm thicker with double the battery capacity, a month long standby battery life would be awesome.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I scored one today... It's much bigger than the C139, but at $30, it is a stretch to think they will sell a lot at that price.

zombie

These are on Tracfone's site now for purchase, still DMFL and $40 - BUT - Out Of Stock.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=18746301

annepani

zombie
October 12, 2012, 7:21 pm
These are on Tracfone's site now for purchase, still DMFL and $40 - BUT - Out Of Stock.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=18746301
I get 'Session Expired' when I click on it.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
They call it "The Big Easy"?? ... At $40, it ain't that easy.

zombie

annepani
October 12, 2012, 8:08 pm
zombie
October 12, 2012, 7:21 pm

I get 'Session Expired' when I click on it.
Hmm, guess it's a cookie on my system, link still works here. You can see it on their phones list page by browsing to
it if this one doesn't work... http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneList.do?action=view

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Here is a better link to Tracfone.com showing the phone sale... you may have to scroll down a little to see it.

* Tracfone.com Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

* I think they call it the Big Easy because (1) it's Big ... (2) it's Easy to use ... (3) no one's ever heard of "Alcatel"?! (lol)

* I think they should just call it the Big Ugly .... Woooooooooo! .. ;)

* Late Edit: Zombie beat me to posting a better link by a matter of a few minutes ... thanks Z.

Big Turk B-)

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Saw a commercial last night for it, definitely targeting the "baby boomer" crowd, who want the simpler phone. Wish it
was a bit cheaper - really tempted to get it for hubby's big fingers - he just wants a phone, plain and simple, and he's
ok still using his LG 500G for now. I think I want it just for the novelty and ease, if it ever perhaps comes down in price,
I'm definitely interested for a backup at any rate.

annepani

adhdphonenut
October 26, 2012, 11:43 am
Wish it (the Alcatel A382G) was a bit cheaper - really tempted to get it for hubby's big fingers - he just wants a
phone, plain and simple, and he's ok still using his LG 500G for now. If it ever perhaps comes down in price,
How much do you want it to come down? ... What price are you holding out for?

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

annepani
October 26, 2012, 12:37 pm
adhdphonenut
October 26, 2012, 11:43 am
Wish it (the Alcatel A382G) was a bit cheaper - really tempted to get it for hubby's big fingers - he just wants a
phone, plain and simple, and he's ok still using his LG 500G for now. If it ever perhaps comes down in price,
How much do you want it to come down? ... What price are you holding out for?
I don't know much about the phone itself as far as any special features it has, other than the basic stuff, but I would
say I'd buy it for $20.00.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I saw over on the HSN website that this phone is now for sale, and there is a good deal going on with it as well...

* You get the... phone + accessories + 400 minutes + 1 year of service ... all for just $50 ... that's right, $50!

* This almost makes me tempted to...
> buy it ... activate it ... add the minutes & service days ... then transfer everything form it to my Motorola ex124g. (lol)

* I couldn't post the link, my computer is acting up, and HSN.com is acting up as well for me ... maybe someone else can?

* Thanks, and good luck to anyone that may buy it .... and let us know what you think of it if you get one. ;)

Turk.com B-)

kevdogg329

Here is the link to that promotion...

http://www.hsn.com/electronics/big-easy-large-key-cell-phone-with-1-year-of-tracfone

Turk, you KNOW you want that year of service. ;)

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Got a great deal on one, finally for hubby, but he needs a case/holster to clip on his belt... any ideas?

No luck searching ebay unfortunately.

UPDATE: I browsed Walmart's generic cases and got him a sturdy canvas velcro one with a strong belt clip on it
that fits the phone perfectly.

1/22/13 UPDATE: He loves the phone, by the way. I highly recommend it for people who want a simple phone that
is easy to use - it's even pretty easy to text with!

annepani

The Alcatel A382G is selling on Tracfone.com for $30 and includes a $15 gas card. That makes the phone itself just $15.

When this phone first came out about 4 months ago, it was selling for $30. Now it's $15... Wow that was fast.

tfuser19

Maybe they reduced the prices because they are not selling due to A328G having only DMFL vs other new
Tracfones having TMFL?

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Got to continue my update on hubby, who is still loving this phone... It is perfect for him, its simple, and easy to
use, because he has big fingers - and now I can get him a great deal on a backup.

annepani

adhdphonenut
February 9, 2013, 12:14 am
Got to continue my update on hubby, who is still loving this phone... It is perfect for him, its simple, and easy to
use, because he has big fingers - and now I can get him a great deal on a backup.
Remember that if you go through bigcrumbs.com you will get an additional 21% off.

That brings the phone to $9 after allowing the $15 for the gas card.

dave940
Member Avatar

Just bought two of these phones on Amazon for $15 each, to replace two family phones, both Nokia 2126i.
I had to make the switch to GSM from CDMA, but they both have expanded to most areas I travel now.
Really disappointed in a few features, or lack of, with these phones.

First, NO PC connectivity whatsoever. I had invested in a data cable and had customized the Nokias with new
screensavers and ringtones, but all of that is history now. The Big Easy's USB port is strictly for charging...
someone out there please correct me if I am mistaken. No bluetooth either, so you have to enter all your
contacts from an old phone manually.

Secondly, no options in changing font sizes or styles. Fortunately, the fonts are large and readable enough.
Also, you have a dozen or so optional backgrounds that are very decorative, but not functional. I prefer a
solid background of white, black, or gray to make the screen more readable, but no dice with this phone.

Third, when you are entering your contacts manually, the option to have each first word capitalized disappears
every time you start a new word. If you set it for all caps, then it stays on all caps, so that is how I set the phone.
OK, the backlit buttons are fantastic for us older fumble-fingered users, but that is about it for the appeal of this
phone. Someone who seriously has a problem with seeing a phone screen might be better off using an entry -
level smart phone instead.

It is a shame that the "Big Easy" is so limited in functionality... there's no excuse IMO. I see that HSN dropped
this phone to $39.99 + $5.95 S&H with one year of service, but I don't see the 400 minutes listed with the offer.
I would have went that route if I had read this post first and verified that 400 minutes came with it.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
UncleStu
September 15 2014
Spotted on EvilBay: lots of sellers selling the Alcatel A382G with 1 yr activation, charging stand, home and car
chargers for about $20.. Seller ShopCellDeals goes 'em one better: SCD offers the same phone, with same 1 -
Year activation & accessories, AND a 200 minute/90-day card(that doubles to 400 minutes) for $24.99 shipped.

With included phone minutes(20?), plus 40 to 60 bonus minutes using a promo code, that would give 15 months & 450+ minutes. According to SCD's "Will it work in your zip code?", it will work in mine which means AT&T.

*I've seen several reviews claiming very good RF reception & clear voice- might even be true?
I wonder if it might be much better than my LG 840G.

*Once activated & loaded up, would the days/minutes/phone# transfer to another phone? say, maybe the Samsung
S380C, as yet unactivated?

*Will the FM radio work with the A382G unactivated?

A dumb phone that works, voice & text only (+ FM radio & flashlight! :D ), might be just the ticket for someone you
know that has decent AT&T coverage. $25, 15 months, 450+ minutes- that's hard to beat. Or use the card on some
thing else, & you'd still have a phone with ~20 minutes & 1 year- plus an FM radio! ;)

(For years I kept the old single-minute Moto C261 going on 400 min/yr, at full TracFone prices. Compared to that,
this is a steal!)
Tracfancier
September 16 2014
*Once activated & loaded up, would the days/minutes/phone# transfer to another phone? say, maybe the Samsung
S380C, as yet unactivated?

Yes that will work. You will not need CS since you are using the transfer to activate the 380. The drawback is adding
the 200M/90D to a DMFL phone, but you must burn off the free activation (10/20) minutes before transferring...
You cannot transfer phone number and days when you have zero minutes.

If the 380 is TMFL you could activate it, add the 382`s 200/90, burn off the 10/20 then transfer to activate the 382, burn
off the 10/20 by giving it a fair test over say 30 days to determine all it`s faults (if ever asked), and then re-activate the
380 with a transfer from the 382 (no new SIM required - no CSR involvement).

*Will the FM radio work with the A382G unactivated?

Yes, both before activation and also after de-activation.
* UncleStu & Tracfancier .... I decided to move your posts here to this phone topic as well ... hope you don't mind.

* I've been seeing shopcelldeals running this special for about 4 weeks now, and I thought it was a great deal as well.
* Ebay Special: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcatel-A382G-Big-Easy-One-Year-Service-and-400-Minutes-Tracfone-NEW

* My parents who are older, don't have a cell phone, and have been wanting one lately for emergencies, etc, etc.
* So when I saw this phone deal for only $25, it was right up their alley (easy phone + 1 year of service + 400 minutes).

* Both AT&T and Verizon have great service around here, so any phone would do for them, if the price was right.
* So I ordered one on Sunday for them and it should be here on Wednesday ... so they are kind of looking forward to it.

* Since I will be doing all the activation stuff and adding the airtime, I will also be able to play around with it and test it out.
* So one day in the next week, I'll come back and give my thoughts and opinions of the phone after I have it all set up.

Alcaturk B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, this is a follow up to my post above about buying my parents the Alcatel a382g special from shopcelldeals on eBay.

* The phone came in and it was the phone with a separate 200 minute card (1 year of service was on phone upon activation).
* So I activated the phone online, took about 10 minutes, all went well, got the one year of service and 20 free minutes.

* Then I added the 200 minute card - plus promo code for 60 free minutes - got a total of 480 minutes & 15 months of service.
* Everything on the phone works fine... it has a flashlight on top, it's kind of weak, but usable... takes 2 hours to fully charge battery.

* Has an FM Radio button on side of phone, stations come in pretty decent, and you don't need earbuds for reception help.
* The phone is also bare bones basic ... no bluetooth ... no MMS ... no web browser ... which was all fine by me.

* The only thing that did frustrate me was that I had to manually add contacts to the phone ... hadn't done that in awhile!
* My parents aren't too tech savvy, but they were able to learn how to use the phone within an hour of helping them.

* So all in all, for only $25, it was a good investment for them to have .... I'm satisfied with it, and so are they.
* Ps: I see that shopcelldeals on ebay is no longer selling this special ... so it looks like I got it in the nick of time.. ;)

The Big Turk B-)

weiden1

I picked up one of these just for the year (wanted to put time on my LG 220c). So activated the Alcatel by transferring
everything from the 220C. Then waited 2 weeks and transferred it all back to the 220C.

Amazingly Tracfone didn't screw up a transfer from a CDMA to a GSM and back to a CDMA. Had to go to my account
and put in a couple of pending codes but that's all... Have since gotten a new AT&T SIM for the Alcatel and it is ready
for a new owner. ( The 200 minute card will be a Christmas gift ). This was a Great Deal...... (^.^)

hpham
Member Avatar

Turk
September 28, 2014, 10:46 pm
- got a total of 480 minutes & 15 months of service. So all in all, for only $25, it was a good investment for them to have.
Yes, a pretty good deal... Cell phone service with about 30 minutes per month for $1.66.

annepani

Turk
* (The Alcatel A382g) Has an FM Radio button on side of phone, stations come in pretty decent, and you don't need earbuds for reception help.
* The phone is also bare bones basic ... no bluetooth ... no MMS ... no web browser ... which was all fine by me.

* The only thing that did frustrate me was that I had to manually add contacts to the phone ... hadn't done that in awhile!
* So all in all, for only $25, it was a good investment for them to have .... I'm satisfied with it, and so are they.
The next version, the Alcatel A383g Big Easy 2, has been on the Activate Phones page for a while now.
It has bluetooth, camera, SD card, web, and yes, FM radio (this one requires ear buds).

BTW, did you notice that on the A382g you can display the phone number by pressing the button on the back? Neat.

ofixco

annepani
September 29, 2014, 10:12 pm
Turk
* (The Alcatel A382g) Has an FM Radio button on side of phone, stations come in pretty decent, and you don't need earbuds for reception help.

The next version, the Alcatel A383g Big Easy 2, has been on the Activate Phones page for a while now.
It has bluetooth, camera, SD card, web, and yes, FM radio (this one requires ear buds).

BTW, did you notice that on the A382g you can display the phone number by pressing the button on the back? Neat.
Turk,
Missed the $25 deal on SCD with the 200 minute card. Found on e-bay a seller that has several of these phones
on auction and they are going for around $12 each. No minute card with them, but has the accessories kit and 1
year of service with free shipping.

I bought 2 for the 1 year service which I will transfer later. Already activated one. Neat little phone for the price.
Worth the price for the FM radio and flashlight!

annepani,
Before I activated the phone, I had to look in the manual to see what the button on the back was for!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

weiden1

ofixco
September 29, 2014, 10:40 pm
annepani
Turk,
Missed the $25 deal on SCD with the 200 minute card. Found on e-bay a seller that has several of these phones
on auction and they are going for around $12 each. No minute card with them, but has the accessories kit and 1
year of service with free shipping.

I bought 2 for the 1 year service which I will transfer later. Already activated one. Neat little phone for the price.
Worth the price for the FM radio and flashlight!

annepani,
Before I activated the phone, I had to look in the manual to see what the button on the back was for!
This is the first time I have heard of the back button - DOH - will have to check that out. Also the alarm feature works
when the phone is turned off. This is a great feature on any phone. If the Alcatel had an SD slot, I would switch from
my old LG800 which I use for an MP3 player/alarm clock. Love the fact that you don't have to leave the phone on all
night to use the alarm.

UncleStu

Rats - I waited too long. :'(

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
annepani
Turk

* annepani .... yes, I know all about the newer Big Easy a383g coming out, and it's not bad either, actually it's pretty good.

* I don't have plans on getting it for my parents, this phone is good enough, unless it breaks, then I may get the a383g.

* Yep, I did know about the button on the back of this phone, when you press it, it shows the phone number on the screen.

* Ps: thanks everyone for all your input into this phone over the last year or so on here ... it is appreciated. ;)

Big Easy Turk B-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.