Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... What grade would you give Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk's customer service?
A
B
C
D
F
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Tracfones / Net10 phones coming?
Topic Started: September 20, 2009, 4:05 pm (14,578 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
* Please use this Topic to post Info or talk about future Tracfones & Net10 Phones that are coming out - thanks.

* Tracfone Tutorials Link: http://www.tracfone.com/models/phoneModels.jsp?brandName=Tracfone
* Net10 Tutorials Link: http://www.net10.com/models/phoneModels.jsp?brandName=NET10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More phones listed on “FCC Fridays”...

Here you will find the Samsung S730G listed.
Click on ‘FCC ID Label & Label Location’ and you will see “Tracfone Wireless” on the label.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/29/fcc-fridays-june-29-2012/

Here you will find the LG 530G. Appears to be a 3G phone and have a microSD card slot.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/22/fcc-fridays-june-22-2012/

Now, if they would just step up their CDMA phone releases…
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TF Noob

The test filings show the S730G has an 800 MHz processor and it shows up on the WiFi certification list.
Those specs match up with Samsung's CDMA androids on Straight Talk and Net10 so I would assume it's
just a GSM equivalent of what's already available.

The 530G is a strange mash up of the 500G and 900G... It's like they took the 1.3 mp camera from the 500G
and slapped it into a 3G version of the 900G with half the battery life. If it weren't for the 3G and larger 16GB
micro SD capacity I would still consider the 900G to be the better phone.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Posted Image

There is an LG Connect MS 840G being offered in India that is Android 2.3. Link and Specs as follows:
http://www.pricearena.in/lg-connect-4g-ms840-price-in-india-4-android-smart-phone/
LG Connect 4G MS840 Features And Specifications:
Type: Smartphone
Keypad: On Screen
Network: GSM and UMTS
Operating System: Android v2.3 (Gingerbread)
Internal storage: 4 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Card slot: microSD Support up to 32 GB
Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz
Display
Type: LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
Size: 4.0 inch
Resolution: 480 x 840 pixels
Camera
Back: 5 Megapixel with Autofocus and LED Flash
Video Recording: 720p at 30fps
Front: VGA
Data Connectivity
GPRS
EDGE
GPS with A-GPS support
3G: 3.1 Mbps, LTE
WiFi (b/g/n), WiFi hotspot
Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR
microUSB v2.0
3.5 mm Audio jack
Battery
Type: Li-Ion

Then there is the CDMA version LG Viper LS 840 (Sprint).
See Link at: http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS840-viper

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Another new Tracfone has passed through the FCC.. The Alcatel One Touch A382G.. Seems to be a simple bar
phone with a HUGE number pad and a camera, along with a charging dock? Reminds me of the Motorola C139
with a bigger keypad.

Click on the link, then on the first phone. This phone has to be targeted to seniors.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/13/fcc-fridays-july-13-2012/

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... thanks for the picture and info about this new phone coming out.. I say around $10- $15 for this phone.

* All I can say about this phone is that it looks like crap! (lol) ... looks like something from 6-7 years ago.

* It does kind of look like the old Motorola c139g ... and that phone also looked like crap.

* Maybe it's coming out for Senior Value Cellphones? ... SVC hasn't come out with any new phones in awhile.

* Anyway, I think its about time for Tracfone to put out an Android phone already ... it wouldn't be that hard!

Alcatel One Turk B-)

Tarkio101

Here's a question for anyone who might know...Turk, BobbyLee, anybody who's really, really smart. lol

When people see new phones mentioned on tracfone.deviceanywhere, how do they run across them?

Do they just google around and see what comes up, or is there a way to look through what's on the site with
out knowing the exact address to type in? Or does the info always become public from someone who works
there letting us in on what's new? .. Anyone know?

annepani

Tarkio101
July 23, 2012, 8:29 pm
Here's a question for anyone who might know...Turk, BobbyLee, anybody who's really, really smart. lol
When people see new phones mentioned on tracfone.deviceanywhere, how do they run across them?
Do they just google around and see what comes up, or is there a way to look through what's on the site
without knowing the exact address to type in? Or does the info always become public from someone who
works there letting us in on what's new? .. Anyone know?
Yes, at least several of us know... And you don't have to work at Tracfone to know.
Actually, we know more than Tracfone employees including Executive Resolutions.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Tarkio101,

If you click on "Activate Phone" on the Tracfone or Net10 web site you can browse which phone to select and the
new models seem to show up there months before they show up for sale. They probably want the web site ready
to accept them as soon as they start selling them.

That's how some of us (me) keep a lookout for what is coming but just because they appear on that page is not a
guarantee they'll definitely be coming, some have made an appearance only to disappear later without a peep.

If you see a new one show up on the activation page it might not come to Trac and Net10 it might just come to one
of them. Others seem to keep an eye on what phones are submitted to the FCC for approval, I think it was KLM or
Sweeper that was good at finding those via FCC submittals, to see what was farther down the pipeline.

That's all I've figured out so far, Turk knows more I'm sure. But then comes the exception, no one seemed to know
the LG500G was in the works and one day it showed on the activation page and a day or two later they were selling
them at Radio Shack. :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Tarkio101:

* I check Tracfone's & Net10's websites under Activate Page or Download Page for new phones maybe showing up.

* If a new phone does show up, I google that phone and eventually the tutorial will show up one day for that phone.

* And the phone tutorial will usually be at the top of the Google page listed with the tracfone.deviceanywhere link.

* No magic spells, potions, visions, or super powers ... just good old technology finding out about future phones. (lol)

* Ps: even though I do have super powers, I still prefer to use Google to find out information .. ;)

Super Turk B-)

roadworker

Is there any word on a flip phone coming out with a decent camera and a micro sd slot ?

Seems like the Motorola 409g and 418g are never coming to Tracfone.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* roadworker .... I have to agree with you, I don't think the Motorola 409g/418g are coming to Tracfone either...

* The only decent flip phone right now for Tracfone is the LG 430g ($15) it only has a 1.3mp camera, no sd card slot.

* On Tracfone.com, there is a Motorola w419g advertised, similar to the w418g, but who knows if Tracfone will get it?

* I guess we'll have to just sit and wait .... and wait .... and wait.... ^o) (lol)
------------------------

* Turk's Random Rant...

* Since Tracfone is putting 3G on their new GSM phones, there is no reason why they now can't put out an Android phone!

* Come on Tracfone! ... DoctorM and Turk want an Android phone! ... get with it, and soon! .... Wooooooooo!

Turkdroid B-)

Snoozer

Turk:

* Turk's Random Rant...
* Since Tracfone is putting 3G on their new GSM phones, there is no reason why they now can't put out an Android phone!
* Come on Tracfone! ... DoctorM and Turk want an Android phone! ... get with it, and soon! .... Wooooooooo!
I want an android also! ... It isn't that hard for them to come out with it.
Just charge for push email on it and wah la, Tracfone starts making money!
There is a verizon one on either straighttalk or net10 with capabilities, so send it our way, Please Pretty Please! ;)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Snoozer wrote:

* Turk's Random Rant B-) ...
----------------------------------

I want an android also! ... It isn't that hard for them to come out with it.
Just charge for push email on it, and wah la, Tracfone starts making money!
There is a verizon one on either straighttalk or net10 with capabilities, so send it our way, Please Pretty Please! ;)
----------------------------------------

I agree!. . . And, make it an Android CDMA-V . . .

ShadowDancer :)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi All,

I have a question which I hope that the Sweeper can clarify for me, as he is so good in uncovering new
TracFone/Net10/Straight Talk phones. But, if anyone else knows anything, feel free to speak up . . .

For the last two day (August 9th and 10th), I have seen numerous short news articles such as these at the
following links:

http://www.androidguys.com/2012/08/09/lg-and-tracfone-officially-announces-lg-optimus-zip/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Entry-Level-LG-Optimus-Zip-Coming-Soon-to-TracFone-285989.shtml

which claim that the LG Optimus Zip is coming to TracFone. The articles do NOT say Straight Talk, but every
single one says, TracFone.

So, my question is: Is the LG Optimus Zip really coming to TracFone, or are these news announcements
just examples of "fuzzy," not to mention very late, reporting???

Thanks,

DoctorM
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
August 10, 2012, 3:33 pm
Hi All,

I have a question which I hope that the Sweeper can clarify for me, as he is so good in uncovering new
TracFone/Net10/Straight Talk phones. But, if anyone else knows anything, feel free to speak up . . .

For the last two day (August 9th and 10th), I have seen numerous short news articles such as these at the
following links:

http://www.androidguys.com/2012/08/09/lg-and-tracfone-officially-announces-lg-optimus-zip/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Entry-Level-LG-Optimus-Zip-Coming-Soon-to-TracFone-285989.shtml

which claim that the LG Optimus Zip is coming to TracFone. The articles do NOT say Straight Talk, but every
single one says, TracFone.

So, my question is: Is the LG Optimus Zip really coming to TracFone, or are these news announcements
just examples of "fuzzy," not to mention very late, reporting???

Thanks,

The Optimus Zip is just like the Optimus Q except it has seven user screens instead of five. It is an android phone.
To none-subscribers, Straight Talk IS just a TracFone division. So the bloggers are correct in that phone has come
to "TracFone" (as the overall parent company). But it is unlikely to come to the TracFone "Division" (as we know it,
separated from Net10 and Straight Talk.)

But I do hope one day TracFone (as the Division separated from Net10 and Straight Talk) will have some android
phones to choose from.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi Doctor M,

Thank you for your reply. You are undoubtedly correct.

Like you, I hope that there will eventually be Android phones on the Tracfone Division... And, I do feel that it will
happen at some point. But, let's hope that it happens before cell phone manufacturers force America Movil to do
it, because they decide to quit manufacturing basic/feature phones.

Thanks again,

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Okay, Turk B-) , maybe once in a while dreams do come true . . .

According to The Verge:

"Samsung Galaxy Discover for TracFone. The ultra-budget prepaid carrier doesn't currently offer any branded
smartphones, so the Galaxy Discover could end up being its first... It's slated to get Android 4.0, Bluetooth 3.0,
"ample" internal storage, and external expansion up to 32GB. This one looks a bit like an original Galaxy S, too,
but features three capacitive buttons along the bottom instead of the classic four."

Here's a link to the entire article which covers new phones to other carriers as well:

http://www.theverge.com/android/2012/8/20/3255243/samsung-galaxy-discover-stellar-stratosphere-2-victory

Dream on . . .

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* ShadowDancer .... thanks for that article and information about maybe an Android finally coming to Tracfone!?

* Speaking of Dreams coming true .... I have an idea for a future TV commercial for Tracfone, starring Turk...

"Turk, you just got an Android Tracfone, what are you going to do now!?"

Turk: "I'm going to DisneyLand!"
... ("When you wish upon a star" song playing in the background). (lol)
-------------------------

* That would be great if Tracfone finally got an Android ... I know it will come one day, so maybe that day has come?!

* At this point I'd take either a CDMA or GSM android, but would prefer a CDMA one (not Sprint, but Verizon).

* Do you know if the Samsung Galaxy Discover is GSM or CDMA? ... I didn't see it in the article, unless I missed it?

* But anyway, I am willing to spend up to $200 on a Verizon Andorid for Tracfone ... maybe $150 on a GSM one.

* I wish they'd just put out the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Android that they have out for Net10 and Straight Talk. ;)

Turk + Android = Awesome! B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Ha-ha! :D Good TV commercial idea, Turk! B-)

What you read in the article (see above link) is the only information that is currently available on the Samsung
Galaxy Discover
. All of the news outlets, which are reporting today, are simply quoting the original leaked news
reported by The Verge.

If I wanted to speculate, I would say that it certainly sounds like the Tracfone Division is to get its first Android phone,
as both Net10 and Straight Talk already offer branded smartphones... At least, let's hope that the reporter who wrote
the article is aware of that fact and didn't misinterpret Tracfone, the parent company, with Tracfone, the division.

At the same time, there is no inkling as to whether the Android phone will be a GSM or a CDMA phone. But, based
on America Movil's past practices with Net10 and Straight Talk, my guess is that Tracfone's first Android will be GSM.
(Of course, Doctor M should be ecstatic, if that speculation proves to be true.) . . . But, I wholeheartedly agree with
you that it would be wonderful to have the CDMA-V Samsung Galaxy Proclaim added to Tracfone's line-up.

Moreover, I'm guessing that if the leaked information is accurate, that the phone won't appear at least until sometime
next year.. But, you can be sure I will post again when I discover any additional information on the Samsung Galaxy
Discover.

When you wish upon a star . . . ;)

ShadowDancer

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

From AndroidAuthority.com (August 21, 2012) . . .

Samsung Galaxy Discover for TracFone

TracFone, the fifth largest mobile carrier in the States, has been reported as losing some of its “mojo” lately, which
is why it is now looking to launch its first ever branded smartphone. That honor might go to a mysterious Samsung
Galaxy Discover
, said to sport a pretty similar design to the one of the original Galaxy S models, but with three
capacitive buttons on the bottom instead of four.

The Discover should hit the market this fall with Android 4.0 ICS on board (hooray!), Bluetooth 3.0, “ample” internal
storage, and microSD support for expanding the memory to up to 32 GB. We don’t know anything about the Discover’s
future processor, but we can certainly hope for some “oomph” to complement ICS.
---------------------------------------------

Android Authority claims to have gotten its information from The Verge. However, I have no idea where its statement
that "The Discover should hit the market this fall..." came from.... New information or inaccurate reporting?? Only time
will tell.

Masked Superstar
Member Avatar
Masked Member
Howdy everyone, and thank you all for the reports on new phones that may be coming out for Tracfone.
I really hope Tracfone comes out with an android phone because my wife is really on my case about getting one.

We both have the tracfone LG 290C right now, but she wanted a qwerty phone for the last year but never got one.
Now she scrapped that idea and now wants an android phone because all her girlfriends have one.. So she was
thinking about getting the Net10 Samsung galaxy proclaim because we need/use verizon in our area (mountains
and woods) and other services don't work around here that well or if at all.

We can get the Net10 Samsung G Proclaim with deals online at different sites, so it wouldn't be that bad to let her
have one. We would go with Net10 over Straight Talk because our closest walmart is 20 miles away, but we have
a bunch of stores right down the road that all sell Net10 cards so it would be more convenient to use Net10.

So hopefully Tracfone comes out with an android and soon, but for us it would have to be on Verizon.
And good luck to you Turk, I know you want one, we all want one! :D

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Turk:

* Speaking of Dreams coming true .... I have an idea for a future TV commercial for Tracfone, starring Turk...

"Turk, you just got an Android Tracfone, what are you going to do now!?"

Turk: "I'm going to DisneyLand!" ... ("When you wish upon a star" song playing in the background).
(lol)
* I just wanted to clarify this comment I made above, just in case no one got my TV commercial joke.

* After the (football) Superbowl is over, they always have the (MVP) player of the Superbowl do a commercial for
Disneyland/DisneyWorld.

* The MVP player is walking off the field and someone says to them: "you just won the Superbowl, what are you
going to do now?"
And the (MVP) football player says back to them: "I'm going to Disneyland! / or Disney World!"

* So I took that commercial idea and made up my own using Tracfone -- that's it .. :$
---------------------

* ShadowDancer .... I agree ... if Tracfone does comes out with an Android phone, it'll probably be a GSM one first.
* Masked Superstar .... I say get your wife the Net10 Android, and enjoy a long, happy marriage. (lol) ;)

TURK = MVP B-)

millept

If they do bring an android phone to Tracfone, I hope they can figure out how to put an airtime tank on it for
PayGo service... Otherwise, it'll have to be on an expensive unlimited plan like Net10 or Straight Talk.

JerseyGrl

Hi guys, longtime no speak to... just curious, how come each region seems to have different phones?

For some reason my LG 900g isn't showing up on the Net10 page anymore, and I have to upgrade my
husbands Tracfone, the screen on his LG 500g is so scratched up, I think I have to go back to a flip phone,
but the choices are so limited and none of the flip phones have MMS messaging.

tfuser19

JerseyGrl
September 15, 2012, 10:25 pm
...for some reason my LG 900g isn't showing up on the Net10 page anymore, and I have to upgrade my husbands
Tracfone, the screen on his LG 500g is so scratched up...
Merry Xmas : http://dollargeneral.tracfone.com/net10/phones-bundles.html LG900G is $30 at the bottom of the page.
Consider investing in a replaceable screen protector.

annepani

JerseyGrl
Hi guys, longtime no speak to... just curious, how come each region seems to have different phones?

For some reason my LG 900g isn't showing up on the Net10 page anymore, and I have to upgrade my
husbands Tracfone, the screen on his LG 500g is so scratched up, I think I have to go back to a flip phone,
Are you looking for Tracfone or Net10?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* JerseyGrl .... yeah, Tracfone.com and Net10.com seem to sometimes push different phones in different regions.
* However, the LG 900g is now a very old phone, been out almost 2 years, so they are just disappearing, that's all.

* If you're looking for another LG 900g, they are still at some K-Marts, Dollar Generals & Best Buys for around $30-$40.
* Actually, my K-Marts have the LG 900g on clearance for $20 right now, so check you local K-Marts and see if it's there?

* If you looking for another Trac LG 500g, they are still at some K-Marts, Dollar Generals, Best Buys for around $20-$30.
* Actually, Dollar Generals have them on sale for $20 until the end of the month, and some of my Targets have them
* on clearance for $15, and Tracfone.com has it for only $10 now.

* If you're looking for a Trac flip phone with MMS, there is the LG 430g (1.3mp camera) for $15 at most Walmart stores. ;)

T+U+R+K = #1 B-)

JerseyGrl

tfuser19
September 15, 2012, 11:06 pm
JerseyGrl
...for some reason my LG 900g isn't showing up on the Net10 page anymore, and I have to upgrade my husbands
Tracfone, the screen on his LG 500g is so scratched up...
Merry Xmas : http://dollargeneral.tracfone.com/net10/phones-bundles.html LG900G is $30 at the bottom of the page.
Consider investing in a replaceable screen protector.
I want him to stay with Tracfone though and the LG 900g isn't available for us through Tracfone.

JerseyGrl

annepani
September 16, 2012, 12:18 am
JerseyGrl

Are you looking for Tracfone or Net10?
For my husband Tracfone, I'm Net10 because they have a better selection of phones, whereas he hardly uses
his phone and we get double minutes with Tracfone.

JerseyGrl

Turk
September 16, 2012, 12:50 am
* JerseyGrl .... yeah, Tracfone.com and Net10.com seem to sometimes push different phones in different regions.
* However, the LG 900g is now a very old phone, been out almost 2 years, so they are just disappearing, that's all.

* If you're looking for another LG 900g, they are still at some K-Marts, Dollar Generals & Best Buys for around $30-$40.
* Actually, my K-Marts have the LG 900g on clearance for $20 right now, so check you local K-Marts and see if it's there?

* If you looking for another Trac LG 500g, they are still at some K-Marts, Dollar Generals, Best Buys for around $20-$30.
* Actually, Dollar Generals have them on sale for $20 until the end of the month, and some of my Targets have them

* If you're looking for a Trac flip phone with MMS, there is the LG 430g (1.3mp camera) for $15 at most Walmart stores. ;)

T+U+R+K = #1 B-)
UGH at the LG 900g being considered old now, thank God my LG is still working great, I can honestly say I'll cry
my eyes out if they ever stop selling it, unless I can find something that compares to it. LOL

Looking at the LG 430g on Tracfone's site, but it doesn't say MMS at all in the description. He doesn't take pics
often, but when he does he wants the ability to send it to an email etc. and I don't think you can do that without
MMS? .. Other than that the phone is perfect for him because he just throws the phone in his pocket whereas I
keep mine in a case.

annepani

JerseyGrl
September 16, 2012, 10:17 am
Looking at the LG 430g on Tracfone's site, but it doesn't say MMS at all in the description. He doesn't take pics
often, but when he does he wants the ability to send it to an email etc. and I don't think you can do that without
MMS? .. Other than that the phone is perfect for him because he just throws the phone in his pocket whereas I
keep mine in a case.
Here is a link to the tutorial and 61-page manual for the Trac LG 430G. It clearly shows how to take pictures/videos
and how to send and receive pictures/videos via MMS. So if that is what was holding you back go ahead and order it.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG430G&locale=en_US

For my money, if you can at all justify Net10 for your husband, I would get the Motorola 409g or 418g. Flip phone,
camera, microSD card and buit-in FM radio. It is scheduled to be available for Tracfone also but no date announced
so far. I had both the Trac LG 420 (predecessor to LG430) and Net10 Moto 408 (predecessor to 409) and I would
hands down prefer the Moto because I like the FM radio and microSD card. But if Trac is the only choice, because
you have a lot of Trac minutes that you want to transfer, for example, then go ahead and get the LG 430G... It has
camera and does MMS.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Not sure of the time frame for release, but I think Turk may just have a happy holiday season if the S380C drops
before the end of the year... What’s with the Android on the Tracfone activation page??

Posted Image

Tech
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl
September 16, 2012, 10:17 am
Turk
September 16, 2012, 12:50 am

UGH at the LG 900g being considered old now, thank God my LG is still working great, I can honestly say I'll cry
my eyes out if they ever stop selling it, unless I can find something that compares to it. LOL

keep mine in a case.
I had to buy a LG 430g in a pinch but it was the worst. Backlight on the keypad shut off in just a few seconds and
if you're not in a well lit room you can't see the keys to get back to what you were doing. It shut off the screen and
everything. That was a really annoying thing. No adjustment either. Also, same with the 800g, you can't see who
is texting. At least with the 800g you can see subject line but with the 430g you could not. And the music player is
worthless without the ability to use a sd card. I loathed that phone.

Am starting to feel the same with the 800g that I just got because of the lock "feature" too.

Seems like there is always something that bugs one to no end with a tracfone.

I've had motos my entire life except for the 430g and the 800g and have concluded that I just don't like the setup of lg's.

Much the same as those users who have always used lg's feel about Moto's.

I'm really thinking about the Motorola ex124g. Some seemed not to have liked it but I think maybe I just may like it.
I'm very used to Moto's platform.

Once a moto is released similar to the ex124g with a wifi addition then that may be my last and final tracfone purchase. Will see.

It's almost like trac baits you with features and annoyances to mave from phone to phone. Just my perception.

Anyhow... the 430g wasn't my cup of tea. Plain annoying.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I have made a mistake. The LG 840G is NOT an Android phone. It is a feature phone with a full touch screen.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=STLG840G&locale=en_US

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

So, Sweeper, do you feel this new phone, the LG 840G, is an updated version of, or will even replace, the LG 800G?

Thanks,

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Replacement, for sure. The 800G was a very popular phone and I think this will continue that trend. It will probably
be in the same price range, even though it has a bigger screen and wifi (according to tutorial), for starters.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Sweeper:

Not sure of the time frame for release, but I think Turk may just have a happy holiday season if the S380C drops
before the end of the year... What’s with the Android on the Tracfone activation page??

Posted Image

* Sweeper .... thanks man for all the new phone info .... looks like things are heating up again .... you said it may be
* here for a happy holiday season, but you didn't say what year, you know how slow they put out CDMA phones! (lol)

* I said awhile back, back on Page 1 Post #64, that I wish Tracfone would put out the Samsung Freeform 2 (r375c)
* or better yet, put out the Samsung Freeform 3 (s380c) ... Well, it looks like I may get my Christmas wish early! (lol)

* I'm happy that the Freeform 3 (s380c) is coming to Tracfone (hopefully) ... now all we need are some CDMA androids.

* The Samsung s380c will be my next phone, and it will be called the Turkberry 3 -- Turkberry (r355c) - Turkberry 2 (900g).
* Until it does come out, I will use my Motorola ex124g until then, which may be months with slow releases of CDMA phones.

* That LG 840g seems cool, just like the 800g but with WiFi, a lot of folks will be happy about that, especially member Tarkio101.
* On the Samsung s390g phone topic the other day, Tarkio101 and I talked about a touchscreen phone + WiFi hopefully coming out.

* Now look, just 2 days later, Tracfone announces a GSM touchscreen phone + WiFi .. :)
* All I have to say about that is: where are the CDMA touchscreen phones + WiFi? ... heck, where are the CDMA touchscreen phones!? :ermm:

* Ps: does anyone care about those basic flip phones listed in the picture? ... I didn't think so .... Woooooooooo!

Turkberry 3 B-) Turkberry III

ciliegia

Turk
September 21, 2012, 1:57 am
Sweeper:

Posted Image

* Sweeper .... thanks man for all the new phone info .... looks like things are heating up again .... you said it may be
* here for a happy holiday season, but you didn't say what year, you know how slow they put out CDMA phones! (lol)

* I said awhile back, back on Page 1 Post #64, that I wish Tracfone would put out the Samsung Freeform 2 (r375c)
* or better yet, put out the Samsung Freeform 3 (s380c) ... Well, it looks like I may get my Christmas wish early! (lol)

* I'm happy that the Freeform 3 (s380c) is coming to Tracfone (hopefully) ... now all we need are some CDMA androids.

* The Samsung s380c will be my next phone, and it will be called the Turkberry 3 -- Turkberry (r355c) - Turkberry 2 (900g).
* Until it does come out, I will use my Motorola ex124g until then, which may be months with slow releases of CDMA phones.

* That LG 840g seems cool, just like the 800g but with WiFi, a lot of folks will be happy about that, especially member Tarkio101.
* On the Samsung s390g phone topic the other day, Tarkio101 and I talked about a touchscreen phone + WiFi hopefully coming out.

* Now look, just 2 days later, Tracfone announces a GSM touchscreen phone + WiFi .. :)
* All I have to say about that is: where are the CDMA touchscreen phones + WiFi? ... heck, where are the CDMA touchscreen phones!? :ermm:

* Ps: does anyone care about those basic flip phones listed in the picture? ... I didn't think so .... Woooooooooo!

So, will both the Lg 840g or the Samsung S380c have wi-fi? I called TF today and spoke w/CS. They didn't seem to
know that there were even new phones listed on their website. First, I was told that they would both have wi-fi, then
I was told that neither would have it. The Samsung looks very much like the s390g, except that being a C it runs on
the Verizon network and not ATT.

A few weeks ago, I read on-line that TF would be bringing in a smartphone...

1) http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/08/09/lg-optimus-zip-with-android-and-qwerty-keyboard-coming-to-tracfone/
2) http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/upcoming-prepaid-phones-for-metro-pcs-and-tracfone-leak-metropcs-g
3) http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsung-Unleashes-Plethora-of-Galaxy-Smartphones-in-the-US-287522.shtml

I'm hoping for something a little more exciting. I have to renew my minutes in December, so I'm contemplating a new
phone too.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Ciliegia wrote:

A few weeks ago, I read on-line that TF would be bringing in a smartphone...

1) http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/08/09/lg-optimus-zip-with-android-and-qwerty-keyboard-coming-to-tracfone/
2) http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/upcoming-prepaid-phones-for-metro-pcs-and-tracfone-leak-metropcs-g
3) http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsung-Unleashes-Plethora-of-Galaxy-Smartphones-in-the-US-287522.shtml

I'm hoping for something a little more exciting. I have to renew my minutes in December, so I'm contemplating a new
phone too.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Ciliegia,

If you read further back on this thread, you will see that we all were aware of the article/information that was circulated
by the various phone news sites around August 20th that announced that Tracfone would be getting a smart phone --
the Samsung Galaxy Discover -- possibly this Fall.

Well, thanks to Board member, annepani, the Tracfone smartphone mystery has been solved. The Samsung Galaxy
Discover is the Samsung S730G
which just showed up on Straight Talk's activation page. . . . So, if you want more
information on this phone, go to the Straight Talk Only Phone Forum on this website and look under the topic, "New
Straight Talk Phones Coming?"

At this point, it appears that all of the news sources misinterpreted what the report meant when it announced that a
smartphone was coming to Tracfone. That is, "Tracfone" did not mean the Tracfone Division, but rather, "Tracfone"
meant Tracfone, the parent company of the Tracfone Division, the Net10 Division, and the Straight Talk Division. . .
There has always been confusion over just which "Tracfone" the news sources are referring to.

Consequently, as far as anyone on the Forums knows currently, there is no smartphone slated for the Tracfone
Division of Tracfone, the parent company, at this time.

Of course, I still wonder why the Samsung S730G tutorial is on a Tracfone page rather than a Straight Talk page,
but the phone is definitely on the Straight Talk activation page.

ShadowDancer :ermm:

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Turk
September 21, 2012, 1:57 am
Sweeper:

Posted Image

It literally is the Freeform 3, Turk, as the model number for the Freeform 3 is SCH-R380.
If specs hold true, there won't be wifi ... it will be 1X, with a 1.3MP camera, but no flash.

annepani

ciliegia
September 21, 2012, 5:23 pm
So, will both the Lg 840g or the Samsung S380c have wi-fi? I called TF today and spoke w/CS. They didn't seem to
know that there were even new phones listed on their website. First, I was told that they would both have wi-fi, then
I was told that neither would have it. The Samsung looks very much like the s390g, except that being a C it runs on
Hi... According to the tutorial for the LG 840g it definitely does have Wi-Fi. Look in the module called 'Browser
and Content Download'

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=STLG840G&locale=en_US

I haven't found a tutorial for the Samsung s380c, so can't help you there.

Tarkio101

Wow, what great news for me! ... This LG 840G looks like EXACTLY what I was just talking about 2 days ago,
like Turk said. If this phone was exactly like the 800g but with wifi, I would be happy. I suspect there might be
a few little improvements here or there, but I'm not really hoping for much beyond what the 800g has.

The wifi was the only thing lacking that I wanted. Wish I knew when it was coming out, but if the past holds true,
chances are good that HSN will be running a special on it with about 1500 minutes for about 100 bucks just
before the phone is released more widely... Fingers crossed.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Sweeper:

Turk:

* I'm happy that the Freeform 3 (s380c) is coming to Tracfone (hopefully).
It literally is the Freeform 3, Turk, as the model number for the Freeform 3 is SCH-R380.
If specs hold true, there won't be wifi ... it will be 1X, with a 1.3MP camera, but no flash.
* Sweeper ... yeah, I'm figuring it to be the exact same phone as the Freeform 3, with no WiFi of course.

* However, if Tracfone did slap WiFi on it, that would be great, but I am not expecting WiFi or 3G speed.
* I am expecting the 1.3mp camera, no recorder, and 1X browser on this phone... but that's ok by me, I like the phone.

* It's gonna basically be the same as my Samsung r355c, but with a nicer, newer look, and bigger screen. (2.4 inch)
* I hope it comes with TMFL also - and I'm guessing around $50-$60 for the phone ... I'm gonna start a topic on it soon.

* Tarkio101 .... yep, you got your wish, a touchsreen + WiFi, congrats ... I wonder if DoctorM & BobbyLee will buy it?

Not Freeform 3, but Turkberry 3 B-)

ciliegia

A "somewhat" of a review of the LG 840g came out yesterday.

Here's the link: http://lg840g.com/category/lg-840g-review/

Tarkio101

I read that "review" yesterday. Now I don't want to the phone. It said that the phone has a "vice" recorder.
That's the last thing I need, lol. I don't want a record of that kind of stuff. I see this phone as nothing but a
liability for me now!

Ok, I know it meant voice recorder, but I still found it to be hilarious... Vice recorder. lol

annepani

I posted on the review site... I said "Vice recorder to record a meeting? What kind of meetings do you go to?"

This is going to be a fun review to keep track of -- more for the comments than for the review.

ciliegia

annepani
September 21, 2012, 10:03 pm
ciliegia
September 21, 2012, 5:23 pm
Hi... According to the tutorial for the LG 840g it definitely does have Wi-Fi. Look in the module called 'Browser
and Content Download'

I haven't found a tutorial for the Samsung s380c, so can't help you there.
So far I've found out nothing about the Samsung 380c...why? Well, some say it is the same as the Samsung
freeform 3 (which with Metro PC) has wi-fi. Others have stated it's the same as the Samsung Comment (with
Cricket) that doesn't have wi-fi.

An interesting question would be why TF would come out with new, detailed, phones w/o wi-fi as they have
been having financial success with the s390g.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok all you Turkamaniacs out there ... I have some news to report...

* I have made Official Topics for the new LG 840g phone & the new Samsung s380c phone back in the phone forum.

* So please start posting any new information, or comments, or questions on these phones over there ... thanks. ;)
------------------------

* ciliegia ... it pretty much is the same phone as the Freeform 3 and Comment - neither one had WiFi or 3G speed.

* Since Tracfone is taking the s380c phone based off last year's models, that is why it probably won't have WiFi?

* Not every new Tracfone that comes out in the future will have WiFi on it -- some will, some won't, that's how it is.

T*U*R*K B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I don't want to get everyone too excited here with this information that I am about to write about...

* But I see on RadioShack.com, which I go to often - they have an Android phone listed as coming soon for Tracfone?

* They have the Huawei Ascend II (same phone that's out for Net10 & Straight Talk) listed under the Tracfone Section?

* Price is listed as $100 (same price as for Net10 & ST) ... and the phone uses the Sprint network, by the way. ^o)

* Anyway, I don't know if RadioShack.com made a mistake or not? ... but I thought I'd put this out there for everyone.

* Ps: if this phone does come out for Tracfone, I'd be happy and mad at the same time...
* happy for an Android Tracfone -- mad for using Sprint -- Sprint sucks around here! (lol)

* Here is the Link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/Prepaid+carrier&filterValue=TRACFONE

Sprinturk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
They have made another mistake as well...

They list the Samsung Entro (which is a Virgin Mobile phone) as being a Verizon phone.

JordanBrandt
Tech Turtle
Yeah. Hope they'll fix that soon. (:

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Here is some phone information posted by member Piqutchi that I moved from another topic on here.
Piqutchi:
November 12 2012
(Tracfone?/Net10?) I found this information on Unimax's website... The Unimax U310G

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This seems to be another phone going to one or more of the Tracfone MVNOs (I say this because no specific carriers
or MVNOs are listed)... Judging by the listed WCDMA (otherwise known as UMTS) frequencies, I would say that the
U310G is likely going to be on AT&T's network. It has Android 4.0 and a front-facing camera (albeit only VGA), which
are notable for an entry the budget phone market.

The link to this information is here: http://www.umxmobile.com/index.php?ac=article&at=read&did=449

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Has anyone heard or know about this phone, the Net10 LG 35? Looks like its a pretty nice one.
I saw it on the Target website, but it doesn't appear to be available for purchase.

Here's the link: http://www.target.com/p/net10-lg-35-pre-paid-cell-phone-white-ntlgl35gwtp4

Couldn't find it on the Net10 website.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
adhdphonenut
November 26, 2012, 9:34 pm
Has anyone heard or know about this phone, the Net10 LG 35? Looks like its a pretty nice one.
I saw it on the Target website, but it doesn't appear to be available for purchase.

Here's the link: http://www.target.com/p/net10-lg-35-pre-paid-cell-phone-white-ntlgl35gwtp4

Couldn't find it on the Net10 website.
That is the Optimus Logic and is on sale this week at Best Buy for $70.
Wal Mart just had a Black Friday special on the Straight Talk version for $40.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Yeah, that is the Net10 LG Optimus Logic phone that came out last month, it's listed in the phone forum on here.

* Sweeper .... it's on sale for $60 at Best Buy this week, not $70 ... not that it really matters ... but just sayin'.. ;)

* Anyway, all I have to say is ... where is the Samsung s380c phone at!! ... come on Tracfone, get it out already! (lol)

* I was hoping it would have shown up before Christmas, but I guess not now, looks like a Spring release to me. :ermm:

Turkmas B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Sorry, Turk... I still have not recovered from 17 1/2 hours out on Thursday and Friday.

TF Noob

I guess the first new Tracfone of 2013 will be the Alcatel A205G.

It's basically just a 3G version of their basic $10-$12 phones.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Well, it looks as if the Samsung Galaxy Discover (SGH-730G), which we first heard about last August, may soon be
making its appearance on both the Net10 and Straight Talk websites... According to Phonedog.com, Samsung has
posted a Samsung Galaxy Discover product page on its website which clearly lists the phone's carriers as Net10 and
Straight Talk.

For the complete article, click on the link below:

Samsung Galaxy Discover for Straight Talk and Net10 pops up on Samsung's website

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/02/05/samsung-galaxy-discover-for-straight-talk-and-net10-pops-up-on-samsung

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Looks like a Windows 8 smartphone will be heading to Net10 . . .

Huawei Ascend W1 Gets FCC Approval

Huawei’s first attempt at rolling out a Windows Phone 8 smartphone to the masses appears in the form
of the Huawei Ascend W1 . . .

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/02/huawei-ascend-w1-gets-fcc-approval/

And, here's a link to the Huawei Ascend W1 specs:

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_w1-5065.php

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here was CNET Editors' First Take on the new Huawei Ascend W1 . . .

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/huawei-ascend-w1/4505-6452_7-35567255.html

As you can see from the video, it looks a lot like the Nokia's Lumia 900 and 920.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

The Huawei Ascend W1 has now been identified as the Huawei Ascend H883G . Sweeper has just found an
image of it on the Straight Talk website. Apparently, this new Windows 8 phone will be available both through
NET10 and Straight Talk.

Huawei Ascend W1 Unveils At CES 2013, Brings Another Windows Phone 8 Device To The Market

Huawei Ascend W1 is the first Windows Phone 8 device from the Chinese manufacturer...
The model number of the device is H883G.

http://www.gsminsider.com/2013/01/huawei-ascend-w1-unveils-at-ces-2013.html

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here is a link to the NET10 phone models page:

http://www.net10.com/models/phoneModels.jsp?brandName=NET10

As you can see, there are no photos in place yet. But, the page indicates that:

1) the Huawei H868C and the Huawei H867G
(both tentatively identified as Huawei Horizon phones --> renamed Huawei Glory phones),

2) the Huawei H881C (tentatively identified as the Huawei Asura),

3) the Samsung S738C (identified as the Samsung Galaxy Centura),

4) the Huawei H883G (identified as the Huawei Ascend W1, a Windows 8 phone),

which are coming to Straight Talk, will also be coming to NET10.

5) And, the LG 236C which annepani found on Tracfone's website yesterday, will also be coming to NET10.

So, it looks like there are going to be a lot of new phones arriving over the next few weeks and months.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was surfing the internet the other night when I saw this Net10 Ad on one of the sites I happened to be on...
* In the Ad it was showing a picture of the Samsung Galaxy Note phone ... so I took the picture to show you all.
* So who knows, maybe this phone is coming to Net10 (& Straight Talk) down the road sometime?
* If it did, I wouldn't be surprised, since the iPhone and every other phone known to man is coming to Net10/ST! (lol)

Posted Image

* Ok, here is what I want or hope Tracfone would put out this year for phones...

> An android, of course, of any kind, that's what most of us wish for. (CDMA or GSM, it doesn't matter to me)

> CDMA side: maybe the Samsung Freeform 4. (the updated version of the Samsung s380c)
> CDMA side: how about a full touch screen phone!, with or without WiFi (and not those slide out keyboard types either)

> GSM side: maybe an updated version of the Samsung s390g, with WiFi of course.
> GSM side: something like the LG 840g, but with a bigger screen size, at least 3.5 inch screen, and with Wifi of course.

* There you have it, Turk's picks for the new year ... a blackberry type phone and a touch screen type phone.. ;)

TurkFones B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

The NET10 Phone Models page began showing a reserved space for the image of another new phone today,
April 3, 2013... It is listed as the ZTE Z660G.

No image or additional information on this new phone is available yet, and the phone isn't showing on the
Straight Talk Activation Page at the time of this posting.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I didn't know where to really put these random thoughts / information, so I decided to just put it on this topic here...

* First off, at all my many Walmart stores, the new Tracfone Samsung s150g bar phone ($15) has officially replaced
* all the Samsung s125g's from last year's release... the s125g's are gone form Walmarts around here.

* Also, I don't know about other people's Walmarts out there, but at all my many Walmart stores, I noticed over the last
* week or two that none of them are currently selling the Tracfone LG 840g?

* None of my many Walmarts even have sale pegs out for the phone? (almost as if they aren't selling them anymore.)

* I'm not saying that they aren't selling them anymore, but just that it's weird that all my many Walmarts are like this?

* So, I'm just wondering if maybe a new, cool phone may be coming out? ... or maybe they're all just out of stock? ...
* or maybe the white 840g may start showing up instead? ... or maybe we're gonna finally get that Android! (lol)(joking)

* Anyway, just some random thoughts / information.. ;)

Turkdroid B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
From the FCC site, the Alcatel A392G.
There is also a phone labeled “ZTE Z665C”which is probably an Android device, but no external pics of the phone.

Posted Image

annepani

Looks like it has a camera... The Alcatel A382G does not.

Tarkio101

I think the ZTE Z665C is a data device. Perhaps Straight Talk or Net10 is receiving a USB data stick?
Maybe Simple Mobile?

http://clasipar.paraguay.com/modem_internet_zte_665c_claro_tecnologia_4g__2425272.html

Since Claro is part of America Movil and I doubt ZTE or AM would use such a similar product number for a totally
different product, I suspect this is what's headed our way.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The Huawei H215G makes an appearance on the FCC site...

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the pictures above of the two new phones coming our way...

* The Alcatel A392G ... is that a basic bar phone, or maybe a touchscreen phone, since we can't see the front of it?

* I'm guessing it's just a basic bar phone with a VGA camera or a 1.3 mp camera ... Also, what's up with that battery
* cover on the back, never seen one like that before? (lol)

--------------------------------

* I think that Huawei H215G looks a lot like the Motorola Theory phone that was out last year for Boost Mobile. (just sayin')

* I'm guessing this phone will be a middle of the road phone, I say around $30 ... but it's interesting they're releasing
* a Huawei "feature phone" ... who knows, maybe we'll get more Huawei feature phones down the road now?

* All I want from Tracfone is a nice touchscreen CDMA (Verizon) phone... and with WiFi would also be nice.. ;)

T u B-) r K

Tarkio101

Turk

* All I want from Tracfone is a nice touchscreen CDMA (Verizon) phone... and with WiFi would also be nice.. ;)
Remember what happened when I wished for something similar and within weeks it happened? I hope your luck
is as good as mine... But I wouldn't hold your breath. Trac seems to have no love for the CDMA side of things.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Tarkio101:

Remember what happened when I wished for something similar and within weeks it happened? I hope your luck
is as good as mine... But I wouldn't hold your breath. Trac seems to have no love for the CDMA side of things.
* Tarkio101 ... when you wished for a touchscreen wifi Tracfone last year, then the LG 840g came out right after that,
* well, that was just a fluke. (LOL, just joking)

* I've been asking/waiting for a nice CDMA touchscreen Tracfone for the last 2 years on here ... so I never hold my
* breath when it comes to Tracfone, or I would of been dead, buried, and forgotten about a long time ago! (lol)

* There are so many nice feature phones/touchscreen phones out there for Tracfone to pick from, and all we get are
* the semi-crappy ones! - I wish Tracfone would let me pick out their phones, then we'd get some really good ones! ;)

-------------------------------------------------

* Ps: I did some internet searching and I see that the Huawei h215g phone above, in Sweeper's picture, is just a
* GSM version of the Huawei Pinnacle 2 phone that was out last year for Metro PCS...

* Huawei Pinnacle 2 Picture: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88/65/98/00/0088659800048_500X500.jpg

B-) Mr. Turk (aka) Mr. T ... fool!

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Sad to say, Turk B-) , but I feel that what you want in a CDMA phone on Tracfone will never be anything more
than a pipedream, especially once Tracfone Wireless, Inc. completes its purchase of PagePlus Cellular.

If you want the Verizon 3G Network CDMA experience, me thinks you're going to have to take a look at Page
Plus once Tracfone Wireless allows the PagePlus dealers access to its phone offerings. My understanding is
that certain new Straight Talk smartphones that run off of Verizon can be activated on PagePlus. Then, you will
need to buy one of PagePlus' pay-as-you-go minute plans or one of its monthly plans.

But, I don't expect any great CDMA phones on Tracfone. In fact, who knows. Perhaps at some point in the future,
Tracfone will become the GSM-only division, and PagePlus will become the CDMA-only division of Tracfone
Wireless, Inc.

Food for thought...

ShadowDancer ;)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

NET10 has posted two place holders for two new phones whose Tutorials, it claims, will be coming soon, on its
NET10 Models page.

The first phone is listed as the LG L25L, and the second one is listed as the Huawei HU882L. From the "L" at the
end of both model numbers, it appears that both phones should be able to handle 4G LTE... So, both of these
phones could be destined to run on the Sprint network.

There is nothing new on Tracfone's Model page. It is still claiming that the LG236C Tutorial will be posted shortly,
but it's been making that claim since February.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
While there are no pics, the tutorials have appeared...

LG 25L (Optimus Quest LTE)
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTLGL25L&locale=en_US

User guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/7909/docs/LGL25L_EN.pdf.

Huaewi H882L
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTHUH882L&locale=en_US

User guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/7860/docs/UG%20Huawei%20882L%20English.pdf

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The Huawei H110C is coming... Please disperse, nothing to see here…

Posted Image

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Sweeper wrote:

Huaewi H882L: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTHUH882L&locale=en_US

User guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/7860/docs/UG%20Huawei%20882L%20English.pdf

------------------------------------

According to Wontek.com, the Huawei H882L will be called the Huawei Magna LTE.

However, the place holders and their links to the Tutorials and the User Guides for both the Huawei Magna
Lite (H882L)
and the LG Optimus Quest LTE (LG L25L) on the Net10 Models page have been taken down.
It remains to be seen what these removals from the NET10 Models page means, if anything.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the info and picture of that new Huawei h110c phone coming to Tracfone.

* Doing some internet searching, I see that phone was out for MetroPCS, and it was called the Huawei Verge.

* Huawei Verge Picture: http://www.huaweideviceusa.com/products/images/display?id=1795

* Seems to have a 2.4 inch screen and a cheap VGA camera as well...

* There hasn't been any cheap CDMA bar phones out for Tracfone for about two years... now they finally get one.

* So let me guess for this year on the CDMA side...

> We're gonna get this cheap $10 bar phone.. (ZZZZzzzzzzzz)
> A cheap $20/$30 flip phone (LG 236c ?) .. (Yawn!)
> And probably a decent $40 blackberry style phone. (Ok, I guess)

* All I have to say is.... "same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was..."

* Come on Tracfone, how about a nice, decent CDMA touchscreen phone for once!!!

* I say we get a petition going to have TracFone, change their name to, CrapFone ..... Woooooooo! ;)

T/U/R/K B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

You said a mouthful, Turk B-) !!! . . . CRAPfone, it is.

In fact, here is CNET's review of the Huawei Verge (H110C):

Familiar design, forgettable performance

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/huawei-verge-metropcs/4505-6454_7-35536485.html

And, by the end of last year, CNET called this phone one of the top 8 worst phones of 2012!

ShadowDancer ^o)

Tarkio101

What I don't get about Tracfone is this -- More mvnos run on Sprint, by far, than any other network.. But other than
a few smartphones on Straight Talk, they don't use Sprint (to my knowledge) It just seems odd. But since ATT is a
minority owner in America Movil, I guess it makes sense. Just seems like they could offer a slew of CDMA phones
that operate on Sprint though. Everyone else and their mom seems to be able to do it.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but the H110C (at least Tracfone’s version) will not have a camera, and won’t
even have Bluetooth...

Posted Image

annepani

The Sweeper
July 16, 2013, 11:13 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but the H110C (at least Tracfone’s version) will not have a camera, and won’t
even have Bluetooth...
Is its back turned to us because it is hiding its face in shame?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

New ZTE smartphones which will be coming to NET10 (and Straight Talk) ...

ZTE Savvy Z750C

Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTZEZ750C&locale=en_US

User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8046/docs/Z750C_EN.pdf

ZTE Whirl Z660G

Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTZEZ660G&locale=en_US

User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8047/docs/UG%20ZTE%20660G%20English.pdf

ZTE Valet Z665C

Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTZEZ665C&locale=en_US

User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8013/docs/UG%20ZTE%20665C%20English.pdf

ZTE Majesty Z796C

Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?custId=NTZEZ796C&locale=en_US

User Guide: http://img.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/80450/docs/Z796C_EN.pdf

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
No tutorials for the 2 new Huawei devices, but the Alcatel flip does have one...

Alcatel A392G tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFALA392G&locale=en_US
Seems there is a new Android over on the Net10 activations page, the Samsung S968C (no tutorial).

Posted Image

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

The Tutorial and User Guide are now available for the Huawei H210C:

Tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=NTHUH210C&locale=en_US

User Guide: http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8134/docs/210C%20English%20Manual.pdf

----------------------------------------------------

What do you think, Turk B-) ? ...At least, Tracfone claims that the new model has 3G/Wifi.

UPDATE: While the user guide definitely shows that this phone can run on 3G, I can't find anything that indicates
that it has Wifi connectivity. ... If anyone discovers evidence of WiFi, please post, and let us know.

Looks like the Huawei H210C, the Huawei H215G (which looks like a mirror image of the Huawei H210C), and
the Alcatel A392G will be available on all Tracfone Wireless Divisions. That is, Tracfone, Net10, and Straight Talk.

The Samsung S968C, which is a CDMA smartphone, has shown up on both the NET10 and the Straight Talk websites.
However, there is no tutorial or user guide links available for this phone yet.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* First off, just want to say thanks to Super Sweeper for finding out the info about the new phones and for the picture.

* Secondly, I already started up an official topic on the two Huawei phones in the Tracfone/Net10 Phone Forum...
* so if anyone has any new info on the two Huawei phones (210c & 215g) - start posting it all there ... thanks.

* ShadowDancer ... I am only interested in the Huawei h210c if it has WiFi ... if it doesn't, I probably won't get it since
* I have my s380c.

* Ps: if the h210c does have WiFi and 3G, it opens up a whole new can of worms for CDMA Tracfones...
* that means they can now start making some nice CDMA touchscreen phones with WiFi and 3G.. ;)

Turk WiFi B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Turk B-) --

I completely agree with you!

It wouldn't be worthwhile upgrading to the Huawei H210C unless it has both 3G AND Wifi.

And, thus far, I see no evidence in the user guide of Wifi connectivity.

ShadowDancer ^o)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Ok, I thought I should also post this Tracfone information here, just in case some folks don't know about this...

* Tracfone (Yes Tracfone!) is finally coming out now with Android smart phones -- 4 new phones to start with.

* Here is a picture (from The Sweeper) taken form the Tracfone website showing all four android phones coming.

Posted Image

* And here are all the android phone tutorials for the 4 new android phones provided by annepani...

L38C LG Optimus Dynamic Gingerbread 2.3
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL38C&locale=en_US

SA S738C Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS738C&locale=en_US

ZTE Z665C ZTE Valet Android 4.1
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFZEZ665C&locale=en_US

Huawei H868C Huawei Glory Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFHUH868C&locale=en_US

* The first android phone to be officially released so far is the Samsung Galaxy Centura only on HSN.com

* And here is the Link for the new Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura Phone Topic here in the Forums:

> Link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5090547/1/#post456081 (<-- got questions, please go there.)

Samsung Galaxy Centurka B-)

sbratcher

Target shows these new phones on their website, but can't buy them yet.

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Sweeper,

Where did you find the info about those phones?

I've just been to the Tracfone web site and can't find any mention of any of the Android phones.

annepani

the Wizard
October 1, 2013, 11:59 am
Sweeper,
Where did you find the info about those phones?
I've just been to the Tracfone web site and can't find any mention of any of the Android phones.
Hi Wizard. annepani here.

Sweeper got the info from the post I did right here in this forum. Here is the link with info about all 4 of them.
The info is in post #1.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5232276/1/#new

Enjoy. annepani

the Wizard
Member Avatar

Hi annepani,

Thanks for the link to the information about the new android Tracfones. I had read somewhere that all four
phones were to have been released at once but evidently that has not happened. As far as I've heard, the
only one available at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy Centura.

I would be interested in seeing the Huawei and ZTE offerings as well. I don't really need an Android phone.
For the little cell phone use that I do, the 840G meets my needs just fine. My only interest in an Android phone
would be as a hot spot for my Nexus 7 tablet. But given Tracfone's general attitude, they will probably not allow
the phones to be used as hot spots.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
While not exciting news, the Samsung S336C has appeared via a tutorial.

Looks exactly like the Gusto 2 on Verizon Wireless prepay...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam;jsessionid=?custId=NTSAS336C

User Guide: http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8109/docs/336C_EN.pdf

Tarkio101

the Wizard
October 4, 2013, 12:18 am
Hi annepani,

Thanks for the link to the information about the new android Tracfones. I had read somewhere that all four
phones were to have been released at once but evidently that has not happened. As far as I've heard, the

I would be interested in seeing the Huawei and ZTE offerings as well. I don't really need an Android phone.
For the little cell phone use that I do, the 840G meets my needs just fine. My only interest in an Android phone
would be as a hot spot for my Nexus 7 tablet. But given Tracfone's general attitude, they will probably not allow
What part of the country do you live in -- or I should say, do you have Sprint coverage where you live or travel with the tablet?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
The Sweeper

While not exciting news, the Samsung S336C has appeared via a tutorial.

Looks exactly like the Gusto 2 on Verizon Wireless prepay...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam;jsessionid=?custId=NTSAS336C

User Guide: http://img-tf.deviceanywhere.com//tracfone/pub/8109/docs/336C_EN.pdf
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the latest news ... and yes, the Samsung s336c is just the Gusto 2 rebranded. (ugh!)
* I see the Gusto 2 all the time in all my Walmarts .. and it's definitely on the cheap side .. right up Tracfone's alley. (LOL)
-----------------------------------------

* I have some thoughts on the future of Tracfone's "feature phones" now that androids are finally being released.

* Do any of you think that Tracfone will continue to make better feature phones (like the LG 840g) as time goes by?
* Or do you think they will revert backwards to just releasing more basic phones, along with the better androids?

* I hope they continue to put out better and better feature phones, because not everyone wants an android, and not
* everyone wants a basic $15 Tracfone... some people still prefer the nice, cool looking, packed feature phones.

* Plus, I'd maybe still take a really nice CDMA feature phone over an android, if Tracfone ever came out with some.
* Like I said before on here... "Yes, I want a Tracfone android - but don't really need a Tracfone android"...

* I'm just wondering what Tracfone might decide to do now with the non-android phones: go forwards, or backwards?

TurK B-) FonE

phil1336

Turk; I`m afraid that your correct in assuming that with TracFone finally embracing "Smart" Android Phones, the
future for new quality "Feature" Phones is doomed. I believe that TracFone will concentrate on both the (upper)
and (lower) end of the Pre-Paid Cellular market and let us aging Dinosaurs who don`t need or want the confusion
of all this un-neccessary gadgetry either adapt to Android Phones or settle for an "elcheapo" $10 Candy Bar, Flip,
or Slider Phone in the future.

I upgraded my old LG 290C Slider Phone for the LG 840G and have been very happy with it. Still (too) much technology
for me to grasp but yet simple enough for me to operate. Think I`m going to purchase another LG 840G from ShopCellDeals
on Ebay for $24.95 w/free shipping as a back up (just) in case its the end of the road for "Feature" TracFone offerings.

tfuser19

@Turk,
Maybe Tracfone will do the right thing and continue selling different phones based on demand.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who don't want Android phones and want to make calls by pressing
real buttons or they like their flip phones or their LG 840Gs.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I don’t think the feature phone is dead. On serious life support, though. The inexpensive Android phone has caused
this, obviously. Folks realize they can do a whole lot more with their phone and not spend a whole lot more for the smart
phone. There will always be a small, loyal core of feature phones users, but I do see more companies like ZTE, Huawei,
Alcatel and Kyocera providing those phones... The big guns like LG, Samsung and Motorola are concentrating more on
the Android and Windows phones.

Tarkio101

I don't think they are dead either, but there is so little profit left in them that finding a company who bothers to make
them may become harder.

mharris127

Tarkio101
October 10, 2013, 6:08 pm
the Wizard
October 4, 2013, 12:18 am
Hi annepani,

What part of the country do you live in -- or I should say, do you have Sprint coverage where you live or travel with the tablet?
Wizard

If you have Sprint service where you plan to use the tablet then Wal-Mart's branded service may be the ticket.
They pair a Wifi transmitter with a cell phone internet receiver/transmitter in one small box. The twist is that as
long as you use the device once a year your unused data allotment never expires.

IIRC $10 buys 300MB whereas $50 buys 3GB, the device is about $100. Most tablets can pair with the device
using Wifi and the transmitter's password. The device is 3G so you should get 400kbps to 2mbps up and down
(IIRC my PTel stick clocked in at about 1.2Mbps up/down when they were on Sprint 3G, that product is no longer
available), the lower figures would cause problems with video viewing but video is so bandwidth heavy you probably
can't afford to do much with videos on it anyway. Audio services such as Pandora run 128kbps max so that and
routine web-surfing will work OK. The service would also be fast enough for downloading the occasional album
on Napster or eMusic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.