Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Motorola ex431g Phone Topic
Topic Started: July 11, 2012, 8:20 pm (5,374 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

* There is a new GSM Tracfone and/or Net10 phone coming out down the road called the Motorola ex431g.

* It is a Qwerty keyboard phone that is similar to the blackberry style of phones such as the s390g, 900g, etc...

* It'll have a 2.0mp camera/video recorder, MP3 player, FM radio, and seems to be 3G, but no WiFi like the s390g.

* Tracfone Motorola ex431g tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?

* Net10 Motorola ex431g tutorial: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/net10/home.seam?

* Even though this phone won't have WiFi like the Samsung s390g, it is still decent ... I say price will be around $40.

Moturkola B-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my Walgreens drugstores today, and I happened to see empty sale pegs out for new Fones coming...

* Most of the empty pegs had all the newer phones listed on the stickers (LG 440g, LG 840g, and the Moto ex431g)!

* It was listed on the sticker that the price was gonna be $40 .... I don't know if it will have DMFL or TMFL?

* So I guess it's coming out soon ... by the way, look at Post #1 ... I stated it would be about $40. (self high five!) ;)

Moturkola II B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Can’t believe I can actually say this:

“Turk, I see your price tag and raise you the actual phone!”

Found at Walgreens in Hooksett, NH this afternoon... Price, like Turk’s tag, was $40.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tarkio101

Sadly, this is probably one of the last "real" Motorola phones we'll ever see. Since Google bought Moto, I believe
I read that they are moving to Android only... Isn't worth it to produce relatively cheap, simple phones I guess.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the phone pictures ...... ok, ok, looks like you beat me, this time! (grrrrrr) ^o) (lol)
Sweeper:

Can’t believe I can actually say this: “Turk, I see your price tag and raise you the actual phone!”
* Touche' my friend, touche'. (lol)
---------------

* Tarkio101 ... yeah, you are probably right about that ... we hardly ever see any regular Motorola phones anymore.

* Ps: just letting everyone out there know that might be interested in this Moto ex431g, that it is on the small side. ;)

Turkche' B-)

tracfonecruiser

The big question is how will the phone reception be? The old Motorola W376g was excellent, but no qwerty...

The Motorola ex124g is a decent featured phone, but the reception/signal strength is awful.

I probably wouldn't buy another Motorola phone unless they really step up the reception quality.

Tarkio101

If anyone is looking for this phone, I did see it at a Walgreens today, if that's convenient for anyone.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I see on Tracfone's website that this phone is now available for sale online ... price is $40, as talked about above.

* Tracfone.com Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

* I also have a feeling this may be the last non-android Motorola phone we see for Tracfone and/or Net10, as well.

TurkFone.com B-)

annepani

Turk
October 26, 2012, 11:26 pm
* I also have a feeling this may be the last non-android Motorola phone we see for Tracfone and/or Net10, as well.
The Trac Motorola 409, 418 and 419 have been on the Activate Phones page for a while now.
Do you think they are abandoning plans to release them?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* annepani .... yeah, I don't know if they'll release those phones or not, I was just speculating in my comments above.

* Those Motorola flip phones seem to keep appearing, but then keeps getting passed over for other phones it seems.

* The 409g came out last year for Net10, and the 418g & 419g have been seen, but not heard ... time will tell, I guess.

* Actually, the Moto 419g and ex431g are also out for Consumer Cellular, which is available at Sears, and they have
*demo phones out on display at Sears of these 2 phones - the 419g seems kind of neat, the ex431g feels real cheap.

T u B-) r K

TF Noob

I think the Tracfone versions of the 418g and 419g were casualties of Tracfone's 3G switch over.

Tarkio101

It would hard to predict with devices that are already announced or pending, but I think non smart phone Motos won't be
around for long... But who knows. Maybe google will keep making a few to help keep the brand in more peoples hands.

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

I had to get one at walgreens - still haven't opened it yet - anyone using theirs?

I guess if I bought it, I better try it out ... I'll keep you posted, anyone else let us know too...
I really like small phones with QWERTY's - this reminds me of the Kyocera Loft/Torino just by looking at it.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
adhdphonenut
October 30, 2012, 1:47 pm
I had to get one at walgreens - still haven't opened it yet - anyone using theirs?
I guess if I bought it, I better try it out ... I'll keep you posted, anyone else let us know too...
I really like small phones with QWERTY's - this reminds me of the Kyocera Loft/Torino just by looking at it.
My thought exactly. Almost a clone of the Loft.
I have also seen the phone at 2 CVS pharmacy locations, but no other major retailer.

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

I have activated it with a new #, got my 20 mins to play round with it last night but not much action yet in actually
making calls/texting, so I dont know about that yet, but i had to share these basic observations .. thats as far as I
got before hubby said "another phone? quit buying phones." LOL. so I put it away and went to bed.

Initially scanning the menus, etc, some differences but nothing fancy here, but a big plus or two I noticed right away.
I like the feel to the keys, raised, ample size considering the small phone size, with a slightly rubbery feel, very nice.
(although the back of the phone has a matte very-slight textured feel/finish and smooth, not rubbery really at all - darn).

I have small hands so this is very comfy to type on. Also a major annoyance with TF layouts has been Improved in
that you use the unlock key + space bar to unlock the phone - nowhere near that browser icon, yes!

I'm going to test out some calls today in various locations ... I'm rural in, depending on the weather and where I stand
on my property, either an ATT or Verizon vapor barrier, very spotty, so I'll keep you posted when I squeeze in a break
from work.

And Sweeper, Yes, believe it or not, it is smaller than the Loft, but not by much, notably thinner - I don't have my loft
anymore to make a comparison, but eyeballing it, it is definitely not as wide ... very nice compact phone, thumbs up
so far.

adhdphonenut
Member Avatar

Great little phone, good call quality -- I tested it with a variety of locations, long distance, 800 numbers, and my
main contacts - they said quality was good from me on their end.. A couple other drawbacks, but I can live with
it - I don't find a way to adjust the font size, there isn't much display setting options. I like it has a user profile icon.
My favorite - has a caller blocking feature. It has a little 3G icon in the upper left corner - haven't tried the internet
feature yet, though.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my K-Mart stores the other day, and I happened to see this phone out on the shelf for the first time.
* The new Net10 Motorola ex431g -- price was $40 -- the same price as the Tracfone version.
* I had my iFone on me (Moto ex124g) - so I decided to take some slightly blurry pictures. (lol)
* It's always hard to get good pictures when stores have the phone locked on the peg, especially on the bottom peg.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his iFone B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Just wanted to say that I am starting to see this phone, the Tracfone version, now showing up at some Walmart stores.

* I've never seen the Tracfone version at Walmarts before, anyway, the box is now saying it comes with Triple Minutes for Life.

* Price was the same - $40 - but at least it has TMFL now, which is good I guess ... so if interested, check your Walmarts.

* Ok, that's about it folks ... so keep moving, nothing more to see here. (lol) ;)

T&U&R&K B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
annepani
November 19 2013
Does anyone know anything about this phone, or have you seen it anywhere? It is listed for sale on
Tracfone.com for $29.99 and its status is listed as 'In Stock' - but it does not show up in the Activate
Phones page and it is not in the online tutorials page.

Does anyone have a secret link to the tutorial?
I am looking for the tutorial, not for information on where to buy it. Thanks.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=24783746

Okay, I googled it and found it. It has a Tracfone mask but it is actually the Net10 version of the tutorial.
So I amended the URL and this is the actual Tracfone version.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFMTEX431G

I wonder why it doesn't appear on the Activate Phones page or Tutorials page.
* annepani .... I moved your info here to this Topic ... maybe you didn't know we had this Phone Topic available.

* Anyway, I have the phone tutorial links on the first post above, if you still need them...

* This phone is almost gone from all stores, only places I still see it is at some drug stores and at some ToysRus.

Moturkola B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Tarkio101 and hpham ... hi ... I decided to move your ex431g question and answers here to this phone topic.
Tarkio101

Motogo EX431G Question...
This phone is currently on sale on HSN for $99, packaged with 2000 minutes. If I buy this phone, activate it with
a new number, and then want to transfer those minutes to my Samsung Android, will the minutes still triple and
give me the texts and data? Or will they somehow stop me from doing it?
hpham

@Tarkio101,
You will get 2000 in each bucket. Minutes in a transfer won't be tripled because presumably they were already
doubled or tripled when added to the old phone.

Shopcelldeals is selling this phone on ebay with a 200-minute PIN for $19.99. The pin can be applied to any phone.
Buy 4 of them, apply the pins to your android and get 2400 in each bucket, 360 days of service, for $79.96.
A simpler and better deal. I just did that for my Valet.
Tarkio101

@hpham,
Thanks for the tip. That is a good idea. And if not that particular phone at this time, I believe they have similar
deals going on frequently. So is this phone listed as coming with 600 minutes, and triple minutes for life --
meaning it comes with 200 that are tripled already to reach 600?

About the minutes, as soon as I read your response, I remembered how it worked. I have actually transferred
minutes from a non android before, but the life of me I couldn't remember how it worked. Thanks.
hpham

Tarkio101

So is this phone listed as coming with 600 minutes, and triple minutes for life--meaning it comes with 200
that are tripled already to reach 600?
Yep. Here's The Listing. I bought 6 of them. Loaded the PINs to my Valet and my wife's LG 800. I'm using one
of the phones for music because it has MP3 player and FM radio. Probably will give away/sell the rest of them.
They come with AT&T SIMs which seem to be in demand now.

Tarkio101

Thanks Turk ... I guess I didn't look back far enough b/c I didn't see the existing thread.

Turtley
Member Avatar

Interesting... Look further up the post to the photo of the carton the phone comes in it shows it's a DMFL phone.
So how can it be a TMFL phone as advertised on shopcelldeals?

Unless a $20 TMFL card comes with the phone. What am I missing?

hpham
Member Avatar

Turtley
March 30, 2014, 8:23 pm
Interesting... Look further up the post to the photo of the carton the phone comes in it shows it's a DMFL phone.
So how can it be a TMFL phone as advertised on shopcelldeals?

Unless a $20 TMFL card comes with the phone. What am I missing?
There are two (big) batches of these phones... The first batch has "Double Minutes" printed on the box, but according
to one poster on Yahoo Tracfone Group it activates as TMFL. The first batch comes with AT&T SIM. I bought 6 phones
from this batch, used the PINs, but haven't activated any of the phones. The second batch, has "Walmart" and "Triple
Minutes" printed on the box, is the ones being sold currently. The second batch comes with T-Mobile SIM.

Turtley
Member Avatar

Thanks for your answer hpham. I'm not a member of that site.
So how would I order and how to know which SIM card come with it?
I see you said that this batch being sold now comes with T-Mobile sim cards.

EDIT: I see I can order without being a member of ebay.

hpham
Member Avatar

Turtley
March 30, 2014, 8:45 pm
how to know which SIM card come with it?
A SIM number that begins with 890141 is an AT&T one. If it begins with 890126 then it's a T-mobile one. When you look at the SIM card itself, an AT&T SIM has "C4" on it, a T-Mobile SIM has "T5" on it. The phones in the first batch have a red card with both the SIM number and the MEID (serial) printed on it, which means the SIM card was already paired with that phone in TF system. You can't use it for another phone without calling TF customer service so they can update their records. Otherwise, you phone will activate but it can't make/receive calls.

Turtley
Member Avatar

Was that listed on the web page? I didn't see it if it was.
So the only way to know which SIM card I would get is to order one and see what it has when it comes in.

I ordered one for the minutes but will give the phone to a friend.

hpham
Member Avatar

Turtley
March 30, 2014, 9:30 pm
So the only way to know which sim card I would get is to order one and see what it has when it comes in.
That's basically it, unless you contact the seller ahead of time and request that they send you a phone with the SIM that you prefer.

Turtley
Member Avatar

I tried to contact the seller but couldn't. Oh well maybe I can get a AT&T sim from TracFone.

Thanks for the info!

hpham
Member Avatar

On Ebay, you just need to use the Contact Seller function and send them a message.

I've contacted them a few times and they always responded within 24 hours.

Turtley
Member Avatar

I tried that and got the message, sorry but the seller is unable to answer your question at this time.
Then I end up in ebay messaging.

Snoozer

Turtley
March 30, 2014, 11:31 pm
I tried to contact the seller but couldn't. Oh well maybe I can get a AT&T sim from TracFone.

Thanks for the info!
If you are talking about the ebay store as you say is shopcelldeals, if you click on each model they have and scroll down the page to right above where there is a picture of the phone there is a link underlined where you check availability to use that phone in your zip code and unlike tracfone's site, shopcelldeals comes back if it isn't available in your area with this phone isn't available with cdma or in this case TMO(which stands for TMobile) and ATT for the other.

Trust me on this as i have ordered phones from this site and what i am saying is concrete for this answer. The only thing you can distinguish on Tracfone's phones online is if they are either GSM(could be either T Mobile or ATT depending on its SIM card) or CDMA(Verizon). For what reason Tracfone will not give information is beyond me. Either they are that dumb or they just don't care!!! I have offered them my customer service background info to make their cs run smoother for them as a whole and also for their consumers and most of the time, it goes in one ear and not spoken to their superiors and i have been transferred to as high as 3 manager up the teir and they just don't get it. Makes me want to apply for any of their Customer Service Jobs because it is a gravy train, don't care how long customers wait for customer service, read from a script, don't listen to what the customer is telling you, most of the time they think everyone(customer) they talk with is as dumb if not more than they are, and you try to train them from what you know if your experienced and they take you as a idiot although they are really the ones who are ignorant. Vent, Vent, Vent, get it right Tracfone before you further lose more customers.

Turtley
Member Avatar

@hpham,
I finally got a response from them this morning and replied back that I wanted a AT&T sim card with this phone. A few minutes later I got another message about what I wanted. I again I repeated what I wanted but thank them for replying back so quickly since I had gotten an email that my order has been shipped.

Went to work and came back in and got this message from them saying that the phone they shipped comes with a P4 sim card and uses AT&T towers. Maybe there's a way to tell on the outside of the box which sim card it has.

@snoozer,
I finally found the link where I can put my zip code in which I did and it came back TMO.

Thanks to both of you for your help!
Turtley

annepani

Turtley
March 31, 2014, 10:49 pm
Went to work and came back in and got this message from them saying that the phone they shipped comes with a P4 sim card and uses AT&T towers. Maybe there's a way to tell on the outside of the box which sim card it has.
It is on the bottom of the box.

For example, for the Alcatel A382 that I just got from shopcelldeals, the model number on the bottom of the box says:

TFALA382GDMP4SV

TF Tracfone
AL Alcatel
A382G
DM Double Minutes
P4 ATT (or T5 for T-Mobile)
SV I think this denotes that the phone activates with 1 year, which it did. The phones at the VA canteen also activate
with 1 year and I have seen designations on the bottom of the box AS for Armed Services and MIL for Military.

Turtley
Member Avatar

So that's where he got the "P4" from.
Good info!

Thanks annepani!

annepani

Welcome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.