Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Other Prepaids Cell Phone News
Topic Started: May 6, 2010, 11:07 am (8,782 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I know this is mainly a Tracfone - Net10 forum, but this is very interesting...

Sprint refreshes their prepaid products: Sprint has made some changes to the prepaid divisions.

Boost Mobile now includes 411 calls and instant messaging with their $50 unlimited plans.

Virgin Mobile will see the Rumor Touch and a Blackberry added to the line-up. They have a new $25 plan that
gives you 300 anytime minutes (no nights and weekends, though) in addition to unlimited messaging (including
text, pix, email, and video) and unlimited data. To use the Blackberry, you must add $10 onto the plan of choice,
which means, for $35 you can use the 300 minute plan, with the unlimited data, and messaging, with the Black-
berry. They have also added a 1200 minute plan, with the unlimited data and messaging, for $40.
Unlimited everything for $50.

Sprint will roll out a new bargain product line, Common Cents Mobile. 7 cents per minute, 7 cents per text in or out.
Minutes round DOWN, and not up.... Minimum cost is $10 a month. 3 phones to start. The LG 101, basic candy bar
phone ($20), the Samsung M340, or Mantra, for $40 and the Kyocera S2300 (Loft) for $70.

Link: http://www.commoncentsmobile.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... I changed the Title of this Topic to: Information on other Prepaid Companies .... hope you don't mind.
* Under this Topic, everyone feel free to talk about other Prepaid Cell Phone Companies / Information if you like.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* That's cool that Virgin Mobile is adding a Blackberry phone to their line up ... it's time for a change with their phones.

* I am guessing it'll be a "real" Blackberry phone to ... not a cheap wanna-be one like the Samsung 355c for Net10/ST.

* I say it's time for Tracfone to a get a "real" Blackberry phone to ... and a Touch Screen phone would be nice also .. ;)

Turkberry B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Virgin Mobile has released all three phones, and I bought two of them (not the Blackberry....yet)...
also below is the entry level LG 101 from Common Cents.

Rumor Touch

Posted Image

Blackberry

Posted Image

Loft

Posted Image

Common Cents

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... thanks for the pics ... may I ask what were the Prices of those four phones in the Pictures?

* I think I read somewhere that the LG Rumor Touch was gonna be like around $150?
* and the Blackberry Curve was gonna be like around $300!? ... am I correct on these prices?

* Tracfone should get all three of those VM phones! .... but I don't see them coming out with anything to expensive.

* I like the look of that Kyocera Loft phone .... Tracfone should get that phone at least .. ;)

LG Rumor Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
You got it, Turk.

The Rumor Touch was $150 (bought it at Best Buy in Nashua, NH) and is well worth it (it streams YouTube very well).

The Blackberry's price was $300.

The Loft is $70 (bought at WalMart in Amherst, NH) but feels like a $50 phone.

The Common Cents LG 101 was $20, but seeing as how there's a minimum of $15 per month to keep service active,
it seems over priced.

You can only buy the phones and refill cards at WalMart and they do not seem to want to push the product as much
as they do with Straight Talk.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... I finally saw all three of the new VM phones at both Best Buy & Radio Shack stores.

* Radio Shack has phone display models out, so you can hold and see them...

* The touch screen phone is really nice ... the Loft is nice to, but the keypad on it sucks I feel.

* The buttons on the Loft are goofy built, it sticks up in the center of the key, making it hard to press it down? :huh:

* Anyways, I'd still take all three for Tracfone/Net10 .. ;)

Lofturk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I can understand that someone might think that this is an IDEN phone. I snapped some pics of the Rambler next to the i410.
Looks like the model number is W400.

Posted Image

Not too crazy about the battery cover. Seems it’s the same as the I410 and the Clutch.

Posted Image

Front screen kind of reminds me of the i9.

Posted Image

The QWERTY is pretty nice, but I would like to have a larger space bar, but that’s just me.

Posted Image

This is part of the CDMA X Series, and from what I understand, no EVDO, but there is an EV icon in the glossary, for some reason.
There is also a roaming icon and when you go to “Network Selection”, you can choose “Sprint Only” or “Automatic”...
(no idea why that’s there if you’re restricted to Sprint only anyway).

I successfully paired the phone with my laptop and was able to transfer a pic I took with the Rambler to the laptop via Bluetooth.

There is no microSD card slot, which is a little disappointing.

It takes a mini USB for a charger and the battery is BT-50, which is a pretty common battery, so spare batteries will be cheap.

Even though it’s $100, I see this as a mid range phone. It’s not built too cheaply, but it is not top of the line either.
This should be a good seller for Boost.
I do know folks who have the Lotus from Sprint and the Gloss from US Cellular and they love their phones.

The reason I am posting this here is because Turk mentioned that he saw something labeled “Motorola W408” on Tracfone’s site.
Seeing as how this is the Motorola W400, could something like this be heading for Tracfone???

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... ya, that's a neat little phone .... I like the keyboard keypad on it .... it's the wave of the future I guess.
* I said to someone last month that I wish the slide out keypad on the LG 290c was a QWERTY keypad - now that'd be cool!
* The Motorola w408g I said I saw was actually listed on Net10's website (it'd be cool if the w400 phone came to both services).
* Also, I was at a few Big Lot Stores today and I see they are now selling the Blitz Phone (Brand New-$45) for Verizon Prepaid.
* Picture below taken by Turk's famous LG 290c phone ...... PS: I'd also take the Blitz Phone if it came out for Tracfone .. ;)

Posted Image

BliTzurk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
^ Will have to take a trip to Big Lots this weekend, too.

--------------------------

Wal Mart Family Mobile to debut on September 20th.

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20016298-85.html

Wal-Mart, which already offers Common Cents and Straight Talk prepaid plans, has just launched a post-paid service called Wal-Mart Family Mobile. While Common Cents and Straight Talk runs on Sprint Nextel and Verizon Wireless respectively, Wal-Mart Family Mobile will piggyback on T-Mobile USA's network.

Customers will get unlimited calls and texts for $45 a month for the first line, and $25 for each additional line. However, data and international calls will be deducted from a prepaid account attached to the family plan, so this isn't really a service for high data consumption. For 1GB of data accessible to the entire family, you will have to pay $40. Unused data will be carried over month-to-month. Comparing that to Straight Talk and Common Cents--Straight Talk doesn't offer a discount for additional lines and Common Cents is just a basic pay-by-the-minute service.

Even though it's post-paid, Wal-Mart Family Mobile won't require a contract. Wal-Mart will offer five phones for this service, one of which is the Motorola Cliq XT for $250. The Associated Press also reports that the cheapest phone will be a basic Nokia handset for $35. The service is offered in partnership with T-Mobile, but the phones will be locked to Wal-Mart and can't be transferred over to T-Mobile. Wal-Mart will start offering this plan starting September 20.
-------------

Data is actually tiered, according to Engadget...

So, Walmart's PR team contacted us to flesh out the data plan details that the AP sort of glossed over. Thankfully, the full skinny is far more attractive than what we were led to believe. In short, each line comes with 100MB of data (one-time); after you use that up, you've got a trio of prepaid 'WebPak' options to keep you going. $10 buys you an extra 200MB, $25 gets you 500MB and $40 gets you 1GB. Good stuff!

KLM
Member Avatar

"Wal-Mart" - The other Mobile Virtual Cell Operator

Wal-Mart Family Mobile looks similar to other plans out there. Or maybe not- regarding a No contract smartphone plan?
Pricey phones never the less.

If I could afford $45+ a month for phone service I'd be doing research on what the best plan is.

But for me, it's still rock bottom, little usage, TF for about $7 a month for me.

Interesting post,

KLM

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

I still really like Virgin Mobil's new "Unlimited" plan. $25 dollars a month for unlimited texts, data, web, and e-mail.
Plus about 300 or so minutes of talk time every month, running on Sprint's 3G network. Even better when you look
at recent reports that most owners of "smart phones" rarely use them to talk at all. The use them for the other uses
listed above. So that's pretty darn good IMO! In fact I'd consider switching if I used the above stuff a lot more, but for
the small amount of texting and web surfing I do, my LG 290C is pretty darn good for me! And at much lower prices
than that.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
www.walmart.com/familymobile...

The 5 phones that will be available are:

Nokia 1661- Basic bar phone (no data access on this phone)

Samsung T-139-Flip phone with Bluetooth & VGA camera

Samsung T-369-QWERTY phone with Bluetooth and camera

Samsung Highlight- Full touchscreen phone

Motorola Cliq XT-Most everone knows about this phone.

Coverage map is here...

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Mockingbird_Map.pdf

It looks like you are allowed to roam on AT&T, but their terms and conditions are very fuzzy

KLM
Member Avatar

...Wait for it....Wal-Mart rollback....(waiting for $25 everything unlimited/mo.) Heh, heh....

Looking at the link The sweeper provided to Wal-Mart, I see the "Webpak" tab says 'without a monthly fee'.

It also says send and receive e-mails. It will be interesting to see what limitations if any is placed on that.
Mainly, send mail from a Wal-Mart e-mail address or send from your own domain.

KLM

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the Info...

* I'm glad there are more Pre-paid/Unlimited Companies coming out ... this way, it'll make everything more competitive.

* And this way, maybe Tracfone/Net10 will keep coming out with better deals as well (well, at least I hope)(lol) ;)

Turk Mobile B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Virgin Mobile USA today FINALLY announced the Samsung Intrepid will join their line up 'soon' (I hear it will be October 3rd for $230).

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Damn you Tracfone! ..... Damn you straight to Hell! (lol - just joking) ^_^

* Every time I see phones like this coming to other Pre-Paid Companies .... it makes me a little mad .. :ermm:

* Sweeper knows this, that's why I think he posts this Info .... just to make my blood pressure rise .. ;)

Samsung Inturkid B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

Did your blood pressure come back down when you read the rumored $230 part?
I saw on the net (forget how old the news was but it was first entry on Google) where it ran $49 and $99 with contract.

Personally, I get nervous thinking about dinky, pricey phones. Lotta money gone if it dies before it's time.
But, it's like anything else...

(Yep, I picked up on the Intrepid ST humor R R)

KLM

mharris127

$230, KLM? I remember when the cell phones came in a briefcase and cost $2300. Granted, that was 25 years ago.
I also remember the Motorola brick phone, that was about $4000. Needless to say, I did not have either one partially
because I didn't feel the need -- the schools I worked at always had phones available for use in out offices ... Grand
Valley State even had copious amounts of pay phones spaced all over campus. I used to carry $5 in quarters and dimes
in my briefcase (a local call was 10 cents back then). Later I carried a charge card attached to my home telephone for
calling, then one of those prepaid calling cards when they came out (they were a lot cheaper than the phone company
card). I finally bought a cell phone in 2004.

KLM
Member Avatar

^ Oh yeah, briefcase phones, that goes way back. Made good weapons in a pinch, so did the bricks.

I too did not feel the need for a cell phone for a longtime, and relied on 2-way,
which if needed could connect to a phone line for a 1/2 duplex call.

I finally bought a cell phone in early 2009, and well ... here I am today!

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

The Sweeper

Virgin Mobile USA today FINALLY announced the Samsung Intrepid will join their line up 'soon' (I hear it will be October 3rd for $230).
I had a look at the specs on the Samsung Intrepid. ??
The intrepid I see else where on the net (Sprint) does not have a keyboard that slides out to the side,
nor a screen that huge as shown in your post.

Would your picture be Intrepid 2 or something? Keyboard looks great...

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I meant the Intercept (sometimes known as the Moment 2), not Intrepid. Sorry, it's been a long 2 weeks.

KLM
Member Avatar

Thanks Sweeper on the picture/model query...

I only brought it up as I do go off and read about the phones you bring up, to see what I'm missing. :)

KLM

mharris127

I was responding to a post on another forum looking for a GSM provider and remembered a rumor I heard last week that
AT&T was lowering their per minute prepaid rate to ten cents. I go and check to see if it had come to fruition and found out
that yes, that rumor is true. AT&T's basic prepaid plan has ten cent minutes now. Not great but in the ballpark. The best
thing is that you can use AT&T with any unlocked GSM cell phone (or one locked to AT&T) with 850/1900 programmed
in it. I predict a lot of new customers with this plan (and a lot of customers using less than 400minutes a month dropping
their $45 a month plans), having direct service without going through an MVNO (which a lot of people avoid because they
don't understand it). Their old rate was atrocious and needed to be revised years ago.

Congrats AT&T on a good sound business move.

KLM
Member Avatar

Attention Members: feel free to use this News Topic to talk about anything you read or see in the News.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Carlos Slim - Who owns Tracfone, is in the news again today.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/10/04/1368174/new-york-times-to-repay-carlos.html

Of course he made that money to be able to loan out from Tracfone users!

In other news...Verizon starts a cash back program (sort of) by way of lawsuit.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/technology/04webphone.html

Looks like VZ did not get away with conveniently putting the web browser button in the wrong spot! (a TF joke)

KLM

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* The article about Carlos Slim says he's the richest guy in the world!? .... I thought Bill Gates was?

* If he's so rich, why doesn't he make some better phones for his pre-paid customers! .. :ermm:

* I wonder what phone he uses! .... I bet it's not a Tracfone, etc... ;)

Turk Slim B-)

mharris127

Turk
October 7, 2010, 1:01 am
* The article about Carlos Slim says he's the richest guy in the world!? .... I thought Bill Gates was?
* If he's so rich, why doesn't he make some better phones for his pre-paid customers! .. :ermm:
* I wonder what phone he uses! .... I bet it's not a Tracfone, etc... ;)
Since Carlos lives in Mexico, I doubt he uses a Tracfone as well. Actually, in Mexico his company sells post
paid contracts like the big four do here. Therefore, he probably has the fastest BlackBerry in the business.

KLM
Member Avatar

Huh, a T-Mobile G2 smart phone my have a rootkit chip to try and prevent hacking the android based phone.

If folks end up not buying this phone because of this, Maybe TF can sell it to us being it's locked down good. We'll take it!!! :)

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/G2-HTC-G2-Rootkit-Jailbreak-G1,news-8233.html

KLM

mharris127

There is a big uproar about T-Mo's latest Android phone on a couple of different forums. The reason it is a problem
is that Android is an open-source computer language for cell phones (similar intentions as Linux for computers) and
locking it down like T-Mo did is against all that Google (employing the creators and providing support for Android)
intended for the computer language.

KLM
Member Avatar

@ ^ I hope what T-Mobile has done with the Android OS does not become a trend.
As we all know, big companies like to copy each other if it means bad news for the end user.

Of course, the would be end users could band together and not buy the thing from T-Mobile, so they would get the point.

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

I think I know why Nokia phones are coming to Straight Talk- Nokia needs the money!

Nokia plans to cut 1,800 Jobs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11594839

As nice a Nokia phones ST is about to offer, we'll take it. Bring 'um!

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

( ^ previous post) Hmmm ... I only thought I knew why Nokia has come to ST.
It seems that the Nokia operating system maker Symbian is going to fold up.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Symbian-Foundation-Close-Operations-Serverance-Packages,news-8464.html

The good news is there are plenty of applications available for the operating system already to keep you
entertained on your new Nokia ST phone!

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

Sprint Nextel making their fortunes off of prepaid

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/28/technology/28sprint.html?ref=john_adams_1735_1826

KLM
Member Avatar

T-Mobile - New plans and new phones coming soon
' Budget Froyo (smart) phone '

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/T-Mobile-Comet-Data-Plans-Tethering-Data-android,news-8564.html

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/01/t-mobile-offering-unlimited-tethering-this-holiday-season-as/

The only reason why I posted this here under other prepaid companies is that the article does mention having
an Android based phone on prepaid, though most of the article talks about data plans, and a $10 - 200MB data
plan with contract, or $15 without contract.

Articles from this source are famous for not being super clear, but at least it is a heads up to check
T-Mobile during the holiday season.

KLM

Va.

I bought the Walmart/Sprint Kyocera Loft for my son.
It is a beautifully designed phone, not the usual Tracfone piece of junk (which I use).
It is sturdy and very comfortable to slip into and begin operating. Very handsome indeed.

I have a promo code, "RJvosnP4" which adds 60 minutes to the 200 free minutes promised upon activation.
Up till now, it sounds like a great deal.

However...

The activation is, so far, impossible. The serial number is unrecognizable on the website.
The number on their cards, internet pages & user guides takes us to Comcast. (877-477-1737)
After you finish explaining to a rep what it is you are trying to do, she transfers the call to another
department that eventually terminates the call.

Anybody have any wisdom to share here?
I bought the phone for my son for Christmas 2010, but it was such a beautiful piece of equipment that
I told him he could have it now. Glad I offered to activate it for him, he does not have the patience.

Late Edit: Thanks ... but nevermind. It has been sorted out.

mharris127

Va. .... sorry I didn't see this earlier.

If I may ask, how did you end up getting in contact with (I assume) Virgin or Wal-Mart Mobile?

If you were given the wrong contact information, others will have the same problem.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Va. .... glad to hear you got your problem sorted out.

* I'm not much up on Virgin Mobile .... so I wouldn't have been able to help you out.

* The only thing I would have suggested was to just take the phone back to Walmart and get a new one.

* Ps: I agree with you, Tracfones are kind of junkie ... except for the LG 290c, which is pretty nice for a Tracfone .. ;)

Turk Mobile B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

Maybe 911 texting / video for the mute / deaf some day soon: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11824906

Sprint to start phasing out Nextel network in 2013: http://www.startribune.com/science/111377014.html

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
KLM
November 23, 2010, 7:57 pm
Maybe 911 texting / video for the mute / deaf some day soon: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11824906
Greatest thing about CDMA carriers, at least to the deaf community, is the availability of text to land line.
Simply send a text message to a land line number, and it will be read to the person answering.
They can respond back as well. There's no extra charge for the service, either.

KLM
Member Avatar

@ The Sweeper - Regarding 'Text to land line', I take it you have to text to a special service phone number?
Then a 'service' verbally relays the message? If so, any textable phone should work I would think.

I suppose the service could call 911 for you. But, from my experience with 911, they rely on caller ID too much despite
providing street names and really good landmarks like a school. If the service is half a dozen States away ... oh boy...

Just rambling!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
No special number needed. You send the text straight to the landline number.

If it is your first time doing so, the carrier will text you telling you that the number you're texting is a landline phone
and you have to replay "Y" for it to go through (first time only). You'll get a notification that the message was delivered
either to a person or answering machine, as well.

KLM
Member Avatar

That's interesting Sweeper. My next question is, which carrier provides this service.
The carrier the cellphone uses, or the carrier of the destination phone?

And, I would ask, (if anyone has told you) whether it is a human or total automation that handles
the text message to speech. I should try it (on my GSM, T-Mo. SIM phone).
Hang on... 10 minutes have gone by and the destination phone has not rung. Tracfone got my .3min. of course.

I noticed you mentioned 'CDMA carriers' being able to send text to speech. Maybe GSM carriers or T-Mobile does not.

Interesting though...

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

What would happen if there were ever an SMS attack on cellphones?

Researchers wanna know!

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-iphone-smartphone,news-9524.html

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

Eavesdropping on calls in the GSM relam...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12094227

But, I thought everyone was doing this already, like listening to a police scanner back in the day....
Hmmm...guess I don't get out much. Having too much fun in reverse engineering!

Eh, if you're a CDMA fan, I can pick a select signal out of the 'grass', and composite well enough. ^o)

If you read the article, note how cheap the phones they use are. Could be Tracfones!!

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

Facebook app for dumbphones ... but not for the US yet.

Most ST, Net10, and Tracfones are of the 'dumbphone' type.
I know people ask about these types of applications and if it will work on their phone.
So I guess this is news...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Facebook-App-Cell-Phone-App-Snaptu-App-Free-App,news-9801.html

(I've never been on Facebook, Twitter, etc. myself, dumbphone, or other wise)

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Virgin Mobile adds the LG Optimus V. Andriod 2.2, 3.2MP camera, 3.2" touchscreen, and Wifi. Price is $150.

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* All I have to say is: ... "Awesome .... just Awesome!"

* Oh, sorry, I was looking in the mirror .... ya, the phone's ok to I guess. (lol - did you guys get that joke?)

* Yep, another cool phone for another Prepaid Company ....... Tracfone, I got two words for ya: ... "You Suck!"

Turk Awesome B-)

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

:D LOL!

KLM
Member Avatar

Wow, very nice looking, modern prepaid phone!

In checking the site, it's out of stock, or maybe not stocked, yet.
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp

It has a 243 page manual.That has got to beat a TF/Net10 mobile.

Actual Optimus and Intercept users say the Optimus processing is noticeably faster than the
Samsung Intercept, presently available for Virgin.

Really like the Virgin web site. They have user generated FAQ's as well.

Just think, if all Tracfone users would be willing to pay a little more for better companies with better
phones, and support, there may one day be a less stressed world with no Tracfone..... :)

Update - Here's a nice spec sheet on the Optimus V (V for Virgin wireless) and a good picture of the phone.
It has that 'plasticy' look. :)

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2746&view=1&c=lg_vm670_optimus_v

@ The Sweeper - Congrats on the new acquisition! Will you be taking the Optimus V out of the package and trying it out?

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

Oh boy, Galaxies are going to implode now...

Last night I watched a few hours of You Tube on the Virgin Optimus V to see what Sweeper bought.

I saw one video where there was a Nexus One (over clocked 1.1GHz) right next to the Optimus V (600MHZ), running
the same applications at the same time. No lag, except one on the Optimus, and there was very little lag at that. It was
a game, dunno which. But it was not Angry Birds, which payed great. You Tube videos in HD are smooth, and they
are smooth on mine.

D'oh! I gave it away already. Yep. I went out and bought the thing. Oh my.....

Had not activated it yet because I am wanting to use a friend as a referral so that we both get 60 bonus
minutes when I activate it. (Does TF do that? ;) ) He's not answering so I can't use my phone yet....

Or can I.....

Oh, Turn the wi-fi on in the phone and oh, there is my wireless router....Zing! I am on the internet, looking
at my house on the Maps >Satellite screen, determined by the GPS built in! (Does TF do any of that? :D )

Comes with a micro SD card, with a adapter so it will fit in a regular SD multimedia slot, headphones with 'talk' button, home charger,
that the cord detaches from the power supply (Can you say transformers? You probably did not get the actual pun intended)
and the cord becomes a data cable. (Does TF do any of this??? :D )

Oh it comes with a fairly thick book that tells you more than how to just turn it on, how to text and how
to dial a phone number. I downloaded a .PDF manual on the phone but have not looked into it yet.
Maybe it has additional info beyond the book.

Though I have not activated it yet, I can see the reception is weak in my home.
Standing outside, at least 100 yards from anything does not net me much better.
There is a screen where I can monitor the signal strength and report a measurable value.
I'm getting -87dbm which is not good at all.

In short full bars on my TF that uses AT&T towers and 2 or 3 on average for Sprint on the Optimus.

Will KLM actually activate the phone and get 300 min. voice, unlimited messaging and data for $25/mo.?
....Or will KLM , just find wi-fi hotspots forever????

Stay tuned....

Oh and not to worry, I'm not going any where if I do activate it.
I must still pay 'homage' to the mighty Turk! I know I don't get off that easy. ;)

Besides if coverage is no good on the Sprint, I don't have to come crawling back for TF promo codes!

Speaking of which, TF is trying to reel me back on a phone that the service ran out on, and finally offered
me a 30 min. code on a 60 min. card. I always wondered why I never got the better codes before until now.
Better post it, the claimed expiration date is really short on it.

KLM - I'm smarter now thanks to my 'Andriod' phone. Gee....

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* KLM .... glad to hear you like that phone .... but then again, who wouldn't like that phone!? (lol)

* All I have to say is...

* If you really like the phone, and can afford their monthly plans ... I'd say go for it and never look back.

* It would be like a "prison break" ... we all might not make it out like some would, but we'd still be happy for you. (lol)

> KLM: " Turk, give me your hand! ... stretch! ... come on Turk, reach further..."

> Turk: "no KLM ... forget it ... save yourself! ... run ... the guards are coming ... forget me and save yourselffffffff....."

> KLM: "I'll never forget you Turk ... you are truly a great - wise - all knowing man ... and handsome to..."

> Turk: "I know .... now run damn it, run!..."

* The end .. ;)

B-) Turk - Tracfone County Prison

KLM
Member Avatar

Oh Turk, your character reminds me if a good local friend...

Anyway, my concern with the Virgin Mobile 'Beyond Talk', is- How long will these plans starting
at $25/mo. no contract last? ... I'm glad it's no contract just in case they tamper with my plan!

Then again, other companies change their plans & policies all the time, -sigh-

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

One word- SkyNet

Robots to get their own Internt:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12400647

Oh no! long live Nokia!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12403466

KLM

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
KLM:

One word - SkyNet

Robots to get their own Internet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12400647
* Yes .... we are taking over ...... do not resist ...... I'll be baaack.

THE TURKINATOR B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

We already have 'Roaming voice' thanks to the FCC. Now small carriers will eventually have roaming data, thanks to the FCC.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=13319909

What does that mean for TF/Net10/ST who are not real carriers? Time will tell....

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
In prepaid news today...

Sprint loses all Common Cents:
http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-discontinues-common-cents-mobile-prepaid-brand/2011-04-08

Verizon to roll out unlimited everything for prepaid for $50:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/08/leaked-verizon-unleashed-pricing-sheets-detail-50-unlimited-tal/

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I don't think Common Cents for Sprint ever took off .... actually, I forgot all about it. (lol)

* I waiting for the day that Verizon buys out Sprint .... I knew T-Mobile would eventually be bought by AT&T.

* One day I can see only Verizon and AT&T battling it out .... and eventually Verizon taking over, just a thought...

* About time Verizon changed up their prepaid division - I think they had to - I bet they were losing money, it's expensive.

Turkizon B-)

pjonthemount

Yeah, what's not to like about that Optimus V deal from Virgin???
My son bought one the other week. Everything works perfectly!!
You can even turn it into a wi-fi hotspot and power a laptop or a pc with a wireless receiver!!
That means one could cancel their internet provider service and just use the phone!

Now for the bad news...the price went up. They started out at $150..now they're $200.
I guess it's the 'ol supply and demand thing. No one could keep them on the shelves!

Still, for a phone and a plan like that, I'm really considering it. Just seeing how long it takes
Net10 and TracFone to jump on the band wagon and offer some similar phones and plans.

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

We could only hope, we could only hope.... LOL! ;)

KLM
Member Avatar

Yeah, one day the other week my internet died because they were upgrading to DOCSIS 3 for free.

That was bad timing so I decided to 'Tether' using my Optimus V, and it worked to my surprise.

I only used it for the one day. Don't want to abuse and ruin a good thing ya know.

If Net10/TF did come out with smart phones would they be the most faulty ones they could find like
current products? :D Oh I'm bad....

KLM
Member Avatar

Slim is in the news again ... Got hit with a fine. Hope he does not raise the rates as a result!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/16/2170614/slims-cellphone-subsidiary-hit.html

mharris127

KLM
January 21, 2011, 2:50 pm
Facebook app for dumbphones ... but not for the US yet.

Most ST, Net10, and Tracfones are of the 'dumbphone' type.
I know people ask about these types of applications and if it will work on their phone.
So I guess this is news...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Facebook-App-Cell-Phone-App-Snaptu-App-Free-App,news-9801.html

(I've never been on Facebook, Twitter, etc. myself, dumbphone, or other wise)
Opera 4.2 and later on BlackBerries have a Facebook app right in the browser.
It seems to work pretty well for the little that I use it.

As far as Mr. Carlos Slim, I am not surprised. If you need a phone in many Latin American countries, you have to
go through him and his company... The fine is probably just a way of making his annual bribe to the government
half-way legit.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Tonight, probably at midnight, Microsoft will pull the plug on Danger and the Sidekick.
Sidekick devices will still be able to make calls and text, but that's about it.
There is a 'new' Sidekick, but it's only using the name. It's made by Samsung and runs Android.

Yes, I still have an active one, and will be using it right up till the time they pull the plug.

KLM
Member Avatar

Interesting Sweeper. That's creepy that Microsoft is doing to phones what they do to software - forced upgrades.
But like with anything else, it was bound to happen I suppose. I like to hang onto things that work myself.

So how many phones do you presently have active Sweeper?

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
2 Virgin Mobile lines (LG Optimus V and LG 101)
3 T-Mobile lines (2 pay as you go and my mother’s Flex Pay line)
2 AT&T Go Phone lines
1 Tracfone line (LG 800G)
1 Net10 line (LG 900G)
1 Boost Mobile line (Sanyo Juno)\
1 Verizon Wireless Prepay line (Pantech Jest)
1 Straight Talk line (Nokia E71)
1 Page Plus line (Samsung Saga)
1 Virgin Mobile Broadband 2 Go line

KLM
Member Avatar

Oh my! ... All those phones activated for one person!

One for every day and one for Sunday best - with 3 spares!

Wow....Go Sweeper!

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Virgin Mobile USA to add high end Motorola Triumph Android 2.2 phone in late July...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/motorola-triumph-for-virgin-mobile-hands-on-video/

KLM
Member Avatar

Yup, read about Motorola Triumph a few times yesterday. It sounds nice and I bet folks will like it.
Also think that it will get 2.3 some day. Although a larger screen would be nice, I don't think I'll be
getting one as the Optimus V, a lesser phone I have now, is serving it's purpose. That purpose is
to enlighten me on Android in general.

But I will definitely keep track of how the phone pans out for users when it hits the shelves in July.

millept

This is for anyone who wants to get their feet wet with a touch screen android phone, but doesn't want to spend a lot
of money on the phone or on monthly charges. The LG Optimus T from T-Mobile has wifi, so you can use it strictly as
a wifi device (android apps, browser, PDA, mp3 player, youtube videos, etc.) without using up any airtime minutes.

And if you ever need to connect when you're away from a wifi network, you can purchase a Web Day Pass for $1.49
(good for 24 hours) using your accumulated airtime dollars. It can also make phone calls over wifi, but that does use
up airtime minutes just like a normal call. Web browsing, etc., over wifi is "free".

T-Mobile online offers a refurbished LG Optimus T for $120 (plus tax & shipping) as one of their prepaid phones.
I bought one last month when it was packaged with a free $30 airtime card, and I think they bring back the free $30
card occasionally. I activated it last night and started playing with it.. I bought this instead of an iPod Touch, and I'm
glad I did because I saved a lot of money and with the Optimus I also have a backup phone if I need it .. or if I need
web access when I'm away from wifi.

You can keep a T-Mobile Pay as You Go phone active for as little as $10 every 89 days. The T-Mo SIM activates on
PayGo with $3.34 credit which is good for 10 minutes/90 days. So far, I haven't used any minutes whatsoever while
web surfing and checking email over wifi... One important note, T-Mobile airtime is expensive unless you buy larger
quantities, and the service days do not roll over, only the minutes roll over.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Most of the Optimus line of phones (including the T and V) can be used as a WiFi hotspot, as well.
I used my Optimus V on occasion to tether my laptop, until I switched to the new Motorola Triumph yesterday...

Posted Image

KLM
Member Avatar

Congress wants to allow Robo-calls to cell phone numbers (Like they don't already?)

Two articles that have recently come up of two different things we all do not like, especially on your
cell phones- Debt collectors and political calls.

http://lifehacker.com/5846185/congress-is-about-to-make-it-legal

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/04/obama-wants-to-ease

This is actually my 2nd time posing this. It seems that about 10 percent of my posts vanish not long after I post them.
This is getting old ZetaBoards in a major way.

KLM
Member Avatar

Wondering when GPS will come to Tracfone/Net10 phones? ... Now we know!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/fcc-wants-all-cellphones-to-be-gps-capable-by-2018-for-improved/

Of course that does not mean Trac/Net10 will also applications such as google maps to access the GPS module.
But I feel there is hope at least 6 years from now. Trac/Net10 seems to trickle in the improvements over time...
6 years would be about right .. :D

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

FCC planing to pull funds subsidized phone service for low income families (like 'Lifeline') for broadband.

This could affect cellphone services like Safelink, etc.

See the last sentence in the 2nd paragraph: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/FCC-Julius-

------------------------

I wonder if this applies to Tracfone and Net10 users who have Verizon as the carrier for their phone?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/14/verizon-wants-to-know-where-you-go-what-you-look-at-thats-all

KLM

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

This article appeared on CNET this morning, April 26, 2012.

Perhaps consumers are finally beginning to wise up about monthly phone costs.

Smartphone buyers nix paying more than $50 a month for data

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57421923-93/smartphone-buyers-nix-paying-more-than-$50

ShadowDancer :)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

According to CNET, Verizon is launching a new Prepaid Plan on May 1, 2012 . . . :O

Verizon introduces Prepaid Plans for Smartphone, Jetpack Hotspot

Verizon will launch an $80 off-contract plan for a single phone -- the Samsung Illusion -- and for its 4G LTE Jetpack hot spot.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57424271-94/verizon-intros-prepaid-plans-for-smartphone

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Yet another Prepaid Phone Plan to begin at Wal-Mart in May 2012 . . . :O

U.S. Cellular and Alltel Wireless Team Up to Sell Phones at Walmart

Here is the article:
http://blackfridaymagazine.com/u-s-cellular-and-alltel-wireless-team-up-to-sell-phones-at-walmart/04201

And, here is the full press release:

CHICAGO AND LITTLE ROCK (April 30, 2012) - U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM) and Alltel Wireless have joined
together to begin offering U Prepaid, a no contract wireless service, in select Walmart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
in local communities across 18 states beginning in May. The alliance, the first of its kind in the industry, offers
customers flexible payment options without signing a contract.

“Teaming with Alltel to gain distribution in Walmart gives us another opportunity to be where our customers want
to shop and to offer more customers a prepaid service that helps them control their monthly budgets,” said Carter
S. Elenz, executive vice president of sales and customer service for U.S. Cellular. ”U Prepaid customers with U.S.
Cellular will be backed by our high-speed network, which has the highest call quality and network satisfaction of
any national carrier.”

The new alliance provides Walmart customers simplified, easy-to-understand service plan choices. Depending on
where customers live, the U Prepaid service will run on either U.S. Cellular’s high-speed national network or Alltel’s
advanced coast-to-coast network.

“Alltel is proud to bring the strength and equity of our U Prepaid brand to U.S. Cellular to create this unique alliance,”
said Lesa Handly, chief marketing officer for Alltel Wireless. “Together, we can leverage our position as the “local”
wireless carrier offering a hometown alternative in the communities we serve.”

Customers will be able to select one of four U Prepaid devices that best meets their personal needs. The Android-
powered Samsung Repp is a touchscreen smartphone for customers who want to stay productive while on the go.
The LG Attune/LG Exchange and LG Saber make staying connected to friends and family easy with full QWERTY
keyboards, and the Samsung Chrono provides the features and functionality for customers who prefer to use their
phone for calling and texting.

Customers will be able to choose from a variety of value-packed plans to match how they use their phones. There
are multiple data options and plans that include unlimited talk and texting... All of the plans are nationwide with no
roaming charges.

mharris127

Shadow Dancer,
I suspect that this article is mis-dated? .... U Prepaid was Alltel's last prepaid program before being broken up and
bought by Verizon (the majority of the company) and AT&T (divested areas). I am not aware of any areas still being
serviced by the old Alltel although it did take well over a year before all areas were merged into Verizon and AT&T.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi mharris127,

Interesting observation. Now, that you mention it, I vaguely recall that Alltel disappeared in my area a
few years back. That's when Alltel covered 34 states... However, based on the information that I have,
Alltel Wireless, even after the Verizon merger, still continues to serve 6 states.

At the same time, I double-checked on the date of this news release, and at least 40 news outlets - outlets
including the Wall Street Journal to Market Watch to CNET reported the same news on April 30, 2012.

Do you feel that all of the major news outlets got it wrong? I suppose anything is possible nowadays.
But, "google" the key words in the headline under Google News and see for yourself.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* ShadowDancer .... thanks for the latest prepaid news that's going on across the country.

* Verizon needed to update their prepaid plans/deals, they are expensive, always have been, but are getting better.
-------------------------

* I remember about 6 years ago, Alltel was around here in Walmarts using their prepaid plan called Simple Freedom.

* Then Verizon took them over or something and they vanished -- then about 2 years ago they reappeared under a
* new name ... but now they are gone again from Walmarts!? (lol)

* I know U.S. Cellular and Alltel are mainly out West (around here, we always called them the Verizon of the West).

* I hope this article is true and current, and I hope they show up around here, for I'd like to see this new prepaid plan.

* And if they would show up around here again, and if their plans & phones where good, maybe I would try them out?

Alltel Turk B-)

mharris127

ShadowDancer
May 2, 2012, 2:59 pm
Hi mharris127,

Interesting observation. Now, that you mention it, I vaguely recall that Alltel disappeared in my area a
few years back. That's when Alltel covered 34 states... However, based on the information that I have,
Alltel Wireless, even after the Verizon merger, still continues to serve 6 states.

At the same time, I double-checked on the date of this news release, and at least 40 news outlets - outlets
including the Wall Street Journal to Market Watch to CNET reported the same news on April 30, 2012.

Do you feel that all of the major news outlets got it wrong? I suppose anything is possible nowadays.
But, "google" the key words in the headline under Google News and see for yourself.

I guess I am wrong on this one. The FCC and DOJ paperwork said that Alltel was supposed to be long gone by now.
I wonder what happened that kept some of the old Alltel going.

In Michigan all of the Alltel areas transitioned to either Verizon or AT&T as the FCC agreement required long ago.
The evident fact that all areas did not transition over as planned is news to me and very surprising!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Seems Wal Mart is getting into the prepaid wireless internet service. Saw this at the West Lebanon, NH location,
but no cards, and I am not crazy about the packages... No idea what network it’s on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have to think that putting is out was a mistake by a Wal Mart employee... I stopped at 6 Wal Mart stores in southern New
Hampshire yesterday and this was nowhere to be found in any of them. Add the fact that there has been no press release
about it (at least I have not seen one) and that there were no cards, or brochures on it, and it just looks like a mistake.

KLM
Member Avatar

Interesting... Here's a link to the Refill cards (as long as the link will last).

Once there, if you click on one of the refill cards, to the right there is a box that says to enter in your zip to see if it
works on your area before you buy. So for those f you who like playing the 'zip code game' to guess which carrier
a device will use, have at it. :D

Well, the zip thing might not work in this case. I tried a few zips in a few states and nothing...

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hey Sweeper --

Thanks for the "heads up!" This certainly looks like an interesting development. :O

I did a quick search once I read your post, and the only thing I could find was a posting for three "Internet on the Go"
Refill cards on the Wal-Mart website. But, the cards are not currently available online. Instead, the viewer is advised
to check his/her local Wal-Mart store. In any case, the fact that the cards are now on the Wal-Mart website makes me
feel that it shouldn't be too long until Wal-Mart makes a formal announcement. However, I agree with you. It looks like
an employee at your store jumped the gun with the merchandise.

Thanks again for the info! :)

ShadowDancer

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Quote:

I guess I am wrong on this one. The FCC and DOJ paperwork said that Alltel was supposed to be long gone by now.
I wonder what happened that kept some of the old Alltel going.

mharris127
Hi again, mharris127 --

According to what I've read, Alltel was indeed aquired by Verizon Wireless in 2008; but the Federal Communications
Commission only approved the merger on the condition that Verizon Wirelss divest itself of 105 Alltel markets. In 2009,
AT&T acquired 79 of the divested wireless properties, and in 2010, Atlantic Tele-Network acquired the remaining 26
divested Alltel markets. And, it is these 26 markets, which are run by a subsiderary of Atlantic Tele-Network. that still
operate under the old Alltel name in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, and Idaho.

Consequently, I'm guessing that the new U.S. Cellular-Alltel alliance plans will possibly be available to residents in
the South/Midwest(?).

----------------------------------------------------

So, Alltel Turk... you might have to move to Ohio if you really want to take advantage of the U.S. Cellular-Alltel's U
Prepaid plans. But, why would you want to abandon Tracfone? :O Or, do you just want to try out U Prepaid in order
to compare it to Tracfone?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... by looking at your pictures above, I found out what network that gizmo will use...

* Look at the bottom left hand corner of the first picture, it shows a picture outline of the United States...

* Well, there seems to be no color "indicating coverage"... so we all know what that means... it must be Sprint! (LOL)

* You guys set'em up, and I'll knock'em down ... Woooooooooo! ... like shooting fish in a barrel ... Wooooooooo!
--------------------------

* ShadowDancer .... maybe we'll get lucky and a few of those new prepaid phones will appear around here,
* since we are close to the Ohio border?

* I have no plans on leaving Tracfone at this time, but it would be interesting just to see what they offer as far as
* phones and/or plans, that's all.. ;)

Turk on the Go B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
^ Don't laugh, Turk, you are actually correct... It is Sprint.

The U Prepaid site is live ... $40 unlimited talk, text and web for feature phones (LG Saber, Samsung Chrono and
LG Attune/Exchange) for $50 for the smart phone plan (unlimited talk, text and 2GB web) with the Samsung Repp.

http://www.uprepaid.net/public/client/en_US/home?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Sweeper,

Do you feel that Wal-Mart's "Internet on the Go" is through TruConnect which relies on Sprint's network?
The TruConnect mobile hotspot device looks to me to be the same as the one in the Wal-Mart packaging
except for the logo on the device.

Thanks!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Yes, I do... Someone on another board posted a link to the card last night that had "TruConnect" in the URL, and if
you check their site, Sprint's coverage map shows up.

KLM
Member Avatar

Oh boy my smart phone on Sprint towers is about to get slower...Gee I said this same thing when they got the iPhone for Sprint.

I wonder how the package can claim 'Nationwide Coverage"? .. Check out a Sprint map some time...

Welp, at least now we know.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Wal Mart is also set to roll out 3 new T-Mobile prepaid broadband plans:

$15 for 7 days and 300MB
$25 for 30 days and 1.5GB
$35 for 60 days and 3.5GB

Any broadband device will work with said plans supposed to be rolled out on May 21st.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/walmart-introducing-exclusive-t-mobile-prepaid-mobile-broadband-plans/

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Here's a CNET article on the Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services
company, Huawei, and its plan to raise U.S. public awareness of its brand, as it transforms itself from a low-cost
follower to a leader in cell phone innovation. . . .

Huawei plans a 'get to know us' campaign in the U.S.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12261_7-57430457-10356022/huawei-plans-a-get-to-know-us

As The Sweeper posted a few days ago, Straight Talk appears to have plans to roll out an Huawei Android smartphone before too long.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I decided to take topics: Other Prepaid Companies and Cell Phone News and combined them into one topic.
* So use this topic now to talk about all types of Cell Phone news and about other Prepaid companies if you like.

* Okay, I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I saw this phone out for sale for the first time ever in history!
* The Verizon Prepaid phone for their new prepaid $80 plan, as discussed above, the Samsung Illusion - price is $170.
* I had my world famous Turkberry (r355c) on me, so I decided to take a picture of it ... $80 a month still seems like a lot.

Posted Image

Picture provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

I see what you did there in the Google search bar. ;)

Anything Verizon does is steep!

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hey Turk,

I agree with KLM. Nice touch on the Google Search Bar of that new Verizon phone! ^_^

Further, I agree with both of you. Anything Verizon offers always seems expensive!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
U Prepaid has been spotted at Wal Mart in West Lebanon, NH. All 4 phones were there and prices were decent.

Samsung Chrono $20
LG Saber (Tracfone’s 501C) $30
LG Attune (505C for Straight Talk and Extrovert on VZ) $50
Samsung Repp Android phone $130

Posted Image

mharris127

I have to agree that $80 is steep nowadays for unlimited talk/text. One GB of data may as well be unlimited on a
phone unless you plan on watching videos or tethering so I can't really quibble there. ... I have a friend that sells
PlatinumTel, unlimited is $45 a month with 150MB and $55 with 2GB and unlimited picture messaging.
Of course, PTel is on the Sprint network, but I think T-Mobile also sells an unlimited plan in the $55 price range.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
$19 unlimited talk and text? $39 unlimited talk, text, and web? Something does not smell right, even on Sprint’s network.
I know it’s just a name, but I can’t help but to think of ”Star Trek: Voyager” and “Voyagers!” from the 1980's...

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10422

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Probably introductory rates to get customers to sign up... Later, the rates will be hiked up accordingly.

Here's the Voyager Mobile website: http://mobile.voyagertelecom.com/

But, you know, the way that Sprint is leasing out access to its networks, maybe Turk should consider becoming
a mobile virtual network operator... I can see it now: TURK MVNO! . . . powered by Sprint! ;)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

This is a somewhat misleading title. :O

Take a look as to where Tracfone ranks . . . It's buried about 1/3 of the way into the article.

Sprint Tops List of Most-Satisfied Wireless Customers

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404442,00.asp

mharris127

Interesting. The only way I get decent service on Trac/Net10/ST is to call the unadvertised executive office in Miami
(1-800-876-5753) during normal EST office hours. The advertised phone number connects to call centers in Central
America and CS is a crapshoot there, I have had horrible service many times with the advertised CS phone number.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi mharris127 --

Thanks for posting the Miami headquarters phone number and for your advice!

I'm sure that I'll be needing that phone number at some point. But, fortunately, today was not that day.

Thanks again!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Cell Topics / News Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.