Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) Samsung s390g Phone Topic
Topic Started: April 23, 2012, 4:12 am (33,839 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

The new Samsung S390G coming to Tracfone? ... Full QWERTY with a 2.0MP camera, and Wi-fi.

Link: http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/Tracfone/Samsung-S390G

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annepani

The Sweeper
April 23, 2012, 4:12 am
The new Samsung S390G coming to Tracfone? ... Full QWERTY with a 2.0MP camera, and Wi-fi.
The Wontek review doesn't list Wi-fi... I hope it does have it though... And an FM radio would be nice.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Take a look at the user manual link in that review and it is listed under section 2.

Looks like Turk may get his wish as this is basically a GSM version of the Freeform 3.

What’s up with the time tank? “.39”?

annepani

The Sweeper
April 23, 2012, 4:50 am
Take a look at the user manual link in that review and it is listed under section 2.
OK. I found it... Why didn't they simply release the Sam T528 for Tracfone and Net10?
It is also a Samsung, also has wifi, also GSM... Oh well.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Here's the Samsung s390g tutorial:

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/searchresults.seam?deviceId=854&locale=en_US&search=

KLM
Member Avatar

Nice looking phone... Tutorial indicates it has WiFi.

Now I wonder what can really be done with it (WiFi)?

I watched the e-mail tutorial. Too simple. Would like to see if it does other incoming and outgoing configurations.

Don't like that on the Home screen the right soft key is set to launch the browser.
Maybe there will be an option that when launching the browser it will do so using WiFi until told to do other wise.

Still, Tracfones look like they are getting better all the time. :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks to Sweeper & Team Wontek / Wontek.com for this info on this new phone hopefully coming to Tracfone!?

* This would be great if Tracfone/Net10 finally got a WiFi phone that isn't one of those Android phones on Sprint.

* I did predict Tracfone would come out with a WiFi phone in 2012, but I thought it would just be the Samsung t528g.
--------------------------
* But, doesn't this phone kind of look goofy? (lol) - looks like different parts of different phones slapped together? (lol)

* The bottom half looks like the keypad on the Samsung r355c -- the middle part looks like a blackberry -- the top
* half/screen looks like they cut a touch screen phone in half and glued it to the top of this phone? (lol)

* To me, the screen size looks like it might just be 2.2 inches big (r355c) instead of 2.4 inches big (LG 900g).

* Anyway, I guess it does somewhat resemble the Samsung Freeform 3 that Sweeper has mentioned up above.
--------------------------
* I do hope it comes out, but I am a little disappointed it's a GSM phone ... if it was CDMA, I'd be more excited. :)

* Will I buy this phone if it comes out? ... I don't know yet, I'd kind of prefer to stay on the CDMA side of things.

* I say this phone will be around the $80 price tag for Tracfone (+TMFL) and about $100 for the Net10 version.

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

B-) Turk + WiFi = Awesome!

Tarkio101

Yikes. That is one ugly frankenphone... Looks like an old Nokia got smashed together with a Palm Centro.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Shopcelldeals on ebay has 10 (well, now 9) of the Samsung S390G in stock for $45... Yea, I bought one.

annepani

The Sweeper
June 26, 2012, 10:05 am
Shopcelldeals on ebay has 10 (well, now 9) of the Samsung S390G in stock for $45... Yea, I bought one.
Now they have 8. :P

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks Sweeper for that info .... I can't believe it showed up already, and on ebay of all places.

* Here is the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Samsung-S390G-with-Triple-Minutes-for-Life

* Maybe it'll be hitting the stores soon? ... anyway, $45 is cheap (wifi + TMFL), almost makes me want to buy one! (lol)

* I know the wifi may be limited, but it's still cool - whenever you guys get this phone, let us know how it is - thanks. ;)

Turk-Fi B-)

annepani

Hi The_Sweeper,

Do you have a link to a Samsung page like the link to Samsung that you posted for the S425?

I tried making a few changes to that link but nothing worked... I kept getting page not found.

Thanks.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The phone is not on Samsung’s site. I tried looking for it a few minutes after I ordered mine.

Looks like we may have ours before they are officially announced.

Tarkio101

I just read somewhere that this phone is also a TOUCH SCREEN... Is this true?

Is what I read wrong, or did I really just not read carefully?

http://nocontractmobilereviews.com/?q=samsung_s390g_straight_talk_review

annepani

Tarkio101
June 26, 2012, 8:30 pm
I just read somewhere that this phone is also a TOUCH SCREEN... Is this true?

Is what I read wrong, or did I really just not read carefully?

http://nocontractmobilereviews.com/?q=samsung_s390g_straight_talk_review
It is not a touch screen.

Tarkio101

Ok, I looked into it more, and I don't see any other reference to it being a touch screen. But I have scanned through
the manual pretty closely, and it does look it has some kind of "quick launch" button that allows you to launch apps
without going thru all the menus manually.

The coolest thing I have seen in the manual is the Voice Recognition feature that allows you to control some
functions of the phone with your voice.

It also has Samsung pc studio, so when you connect it to computer by usb, it provides a very nice platform to
manage software, music, contacts etc.

This is by far the most powerful tracfone ever sold, and I am probably going to get it soon.

annepani

Tarkio101
June 26, 2012, 8:49 pm
This (the S390G) is by far the most powerful tracfone ever sold, and I am probably going to get it soon.
The S425G has everything including PC Studio that the S390 has except WiFi. And they are both 3G.

So yes, they are both very powerful for a Tracfone... I wish they had an FM radio.

Tarkio101

Tarkio101
April 24, 2012, 8:40 pm
Yikes. That is one ugly frankenphone... Looks like an old Nokia got smashed together with a Palm Centro.
To reply to myself, I have become a bit more fond of the looks of this phone now that I know more about it. lol
Perhaps it isn't so bad. :)

Tarkio101

I think I figured out the confusion on the "touch" part of this phone.. Not a touchscreen, but a small touch pad.
Where the omni directional 4 way button would be on the row of buttons containing send and end, is actually
a small touch pad that you can use like a mouse to point at and click items on the screen instead of navigating
menus. Other samsung devices also it, like the samsung moment. You guide the cursor with it and then push
it to select the object you want to open.

This is very cool and useful and makes me want this phone even more.

annepani

Tarkio101
June 27, 2012, 12:11 pm
This is very cool and useful and makes me want this phone even more.
What are you waiting for?

Tarkio101

I had seen the phone a few months back when it was first mentioned, but didn't pay it much mind ... One never
knows how long it will actually take Tracfone to release a phone to the public after we first start hearing rumors
of it. Sometimes, we don't even know if it's coming to Tracfone, or maybe just Net10 or Straight Talk ie.

So, now that am about 90% sure I will buy it, I would ideally like to buy it in a store, unless I find a great deal online.
I don't generally buy things from ebay stores, but I could if I really needed to. First I will look around and see if I see
something else coming out soon/rumored that I know I want more, and if not, I will pull the trigger the first time I see
it in a store, on HSN, or Amazon. I would, however, like to see an actual user review first. Some Tracfones come out
pretty buggy at the beginning. If anyone knows of a user review, please post a link.

annepani

The seller on Amazon and on ebay is one and the same -- shopcelldeals.

Tarkio101

annepani
June 27, 2012, 8:04 pm
The seller on Amazon and on ebay is one and the same -- shopcelldeals.
Perhaps, but this phone is not being sold at amazon right now.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Posted Image

Tarkio101

Where is this picture from? ... Is the phone available in stores yet?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
That's from my Nokia Lumia 710 in my kitchen.

annepani

The Sweeper
June 28, 2012, 6:31 pm
That's from my Nokia Lumia 710 in my kitchen
I think he means where did you get the phone. In a store, online? Where?

Tarkio101 doesn't want to buy from a store on ebay, including shopcelldeals.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Sorry. Yes, it was bought on ebay... They ship real fast.

Pictured next to the LG 900G. Phone is active and Opera already installed.

Posted Image

annepani

Did you get wifi working? My phone won't detect my network.

Tarkio101

Anyone who has the phone care to share a quick review? .. How's the browsing? .. That's my main question?
I know the connection has a lot to do with it, but a slow as molasses phone won't be quick even with a fast network.
Curious how this one does on 3g or wifi. Also curious about using the touch pad as a navigation device to surf.

Any thoughts?

annepani

Tarkio101, the touchpad is a delight. You stroke it, don't click it... It's a touchpad, not a trackball.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Just wondering, can you watch a YouTube video or any streaming video via the WiFi?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper & annepani ... thanks for the pictures, and congrats to you both on getting this phone, it looks/seems nice.
* Just think, you two are the first few people across the World to get your hands on this new phone, think about that!

* Okay, here are my questions about this phone as well...

1. Is it bigger, smaller, or about the same size of the LG 900g?
2. What is the screen size? (2.2, 2.4, etc.)
3. Is the qwerty keypad bigger than the LG 900g? (it looks like in the picture)
4. How is WiFi? (can it do videos/flash as asked by BobbyLee?)
5. Does it come with any games? (and what are they?)
6. Can you play a full length MP3 song as a ringtone?
7. And what is your overall thoughts on this phone so far? (great, good, ok, decent, bad, etc...)

* Thanks for any or all answers to our questions we all posted -- it looks like a cool phone so far.

* Ps: Sweeper ... clean those dirty dishes in your sink! ... or get yourself a girlfriend or wife to do them! (lol) :P
* That's what I did ... I got tired of cleaning dishes, so I got my girlfriend to do them .... just don't tell my wife! ;)

sTURKg B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* The Samsung s390g is now showing up on Samsung's Official Website...

* Link: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S390CSATFN

* I am seeing around the internet that this phone may be on HSN TV this weekend bundled in a special offer deal?

* If I didn't have a few months of service and several minutes left on my r355c, I'd probably buy this phone now.

* But maybe, within these next few months, Tracfone may come out with more cool phones to pick from, just sayin.

* Maybe I'll get lucky, and in the next few months, Tracfone will put out a cool CDMA phone similar to this one. :)

http.//www.turk.com B-)

annepani

I can't get the wifi working... The phone doesn't detect my network... Can anyone help me?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

annepani,

Is the SSID Broadcast enabled under the wireless settings for your wireless network?
All I can think of is it can't see it because your wireless network isn't letting it know it's there.
Good luck, I checked the manual on the Samsung site and it says it has Wi-Fi but nothing about user settings.

Tarkio101

Turk
June 29, 2012, 9:07 pm
* The Samsung s390g is now showing up on Samsung's Official Website...

* Link: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S390CSATFN

* I am seeing around the internet that this phone may be on HSN TV this weekend bundled in a special offer deal?

* If I didn't have a few months of service and several minutes left on my r355c, I'd probably buy this phone now.

* But maybe, within these next few months, Tracfone may come out with more cool phones to pick from, just sayin.

* Maybe I'll get lucky, and in the next few months, Tracfone will put out a cool CDMA phone similar to this one. :)
Thanks for the Samsung link Turk. I was reading it and that might be the first place I have seen it mentioned for sure
that this phone plays streaming video... Very good to know that the phone is capable of it, since not all Tracfone can
do that.

I am a big fan of the deals that HSN puts out and I see on their program directory that they have a lot of electronics
on this weekend. Not sure where you saw this phone mentioned, but hopefully it will turn up. If it's a decent price, I
will buy it for sure. If they are bundling minutes with it, it can be a pretty good deal sometimes.

Tarkio101

OK, everyone, this phone is running on HSN right now for 99.95 with 1500 minutes. It's a Triple Minutes for Life
phone and comes with a car charger and a case, pick your color, and of course headphones and home charger.
You can pay over 4 months with flex pay for any credit or debit card for 24.xx per month.

It's a Today's Special, so it will probably be shown in about 4-6 presentations over the day. Or you can order online.
Either way, they cover the shipping. I have already ordered mine. Can't wait to get it.

Also note, you have 2 months to activate the phone and starting then 1 year to use the minutes and they will roll over.

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?ocm=todspc&cm_re=billboard-_-TS-_-Samsung_cell_background

TC93

Does anyone know if the letters/digits are backlit on this phone?

Edit: I think it does, or at least the PDF manual I found posted online says it does.

Snoozer

TC93
June 30, 2012, 10:25 am
Edit: I think it does, or at least the PDF manual I found posted online says it does.
To look at the photos that are showing, this phone don't have back lit keys.

Also if anyone's minutes are up this is a really really great spend with being the first phone with WiFi and how
many minutes they are offering on HSN.

If you are new to Tracfone be aware if you use data minutes for the web (not WiFi) this is really what Tracfone
wants you to do... You will eat minutes up fast with this and also if you set up an email account for using email
you will get charged for each and every email you compose read reply. They are right it is the first Tracfone to
stream video like YouTube but be aware also that if not on Wifi you are going to spend alot of minutes because
this is where minutes are wasted a bunch (quickly).

Also HSN is not right on this phone having GPS. HSN MUST BE THINKING THAT USING GOOGLE MAPS
(WHICH THEY WILL TELL YOU DIRECTIONS BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A MAP OF EACH AND
EVERY RURAL ROAD AND CITY STREET IN YOUR ROUTE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FUNCTION)
IS LIKE HAVING GPS. DON'T BE FOOLED IT ISNT LIKE HAVING IT BECAUSE IF YOU HAD IT you wouldn't
have to use maps to tell where you are going with the directions; because with GPS, it would tell you what
street to advance to.

HSN is right that this is basically the first time people have had a chance to buy and the phone is advanced
in that is the first Tracfone to Stream video, have Wifi internet from hotspot, your workplace or from your home
internet if you have a wireless router (key for accessing Wifi ). So really if your contract is up or your minutes
are running out on your prepaid cell, plus you don't excessively use a cell phone, this is a great deal for you
because you can't buy the minutes they are offering for the price they're selling the phone plus the minutes with.

Another first for Tracfone with this phone as annepani stated is the phone has there in the center below the screen
a touchpad that used to only was found with Blackberry phones exclusively. This is also a big step as it is hard to
browse the internet on Tracfones with out the touchpad... It lets you slide (stroke) the button to advance down the
page as a scrolling feature... Previous Tracfones would use buttons or their first attempts of touchscreen phones
(sort of OK but embarrassing) were capacitve screens (hard to touch for a response).

If you get one, enjoy, and keep these tips for saving minutes in mind. ;)

tfuser19

Is there anything about the LG 800g that anyone who switched to the Samsung s390g misses?

BTW, if you currently have a Tracfone, there's nothing to lose (accept the time on the phone with Tracfone customer
service to do a transfer) by getting this phone, since your minutes and airtime can be transferred to this phone.

Tarkio101

At 5 pm eastern, HSN has sold almost 25,000 of these phones already... Wow.

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?ocm=todspc&cm_re=billboard-_-TS-_-Samsung_cell_background

macfan

Snoozer
June 30, 2012, 12:41 pm
TC93

Also if anyone's minutes are up this is a really really great spend with being the first phone with WiFi and how

If you are new to Tracfone be aware if you use data minutes for the web (not WiFi) this is really what Tracfone
wants you to do... You will eat minutes up fast with this and also if you set up an email account for using email
you will get charged for each and every email you compose read reply. They are right it is the first Tracfone to
stream video like YouTube but be aware also that if not on Wifi you are going to spend alot of minutes because

Also HSN is not right on this phone having GPS. HSN MUST BE THINKING THAT USING GOOGLE MAPS
(WHICH THEY WILL TELL YOU DIRECTIONS BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A MAP OF EACH AND
EVERY RURAL ROAD AND CITY STREET IN YOUR ROUTE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FUNCTION)
IS LIKE HAVING GPS. DON'T BE FOOLED IT ISNT LIKE HAVING IT BECAUSE IF YOU HAD IT you wouldn't
have to use maps to tell where you are going with the directions; because with GPS, it would tell you what
street to advance to.

HSN is right that this is basically the first time people have had a chance to buy and the phone is advanced
in that is the first Tracfone to Stream video, have Wifi internet from hotspot, your workplace or from your home
internet if you have a wireless router (key for accessing Wifi ). So really if your contract is up or your minutes
are running out on your prepaid cell, plus you don't excessively use a cell phone, this is a great deal for you
because you can't buy the minutes they are offering for the price they're selling the phone plus the minutes with.

Another first for Tracfone with this phone as annepani stated is the phone has there in the center below the screen
a touchpad that used to only was found with Blackberry phones exclusively. This is also a big step as it is hard to
browse the internet on Tracfones with out the touchpad... It lets you slide (stroke) the button to advance down the
page as a scrolling feature... Previous Tracfones would use buttons or their first attempts of touchscreen phones
(sort of OK but embarrassing) were capacitve screens (hard to touch for a response).

Snoozer:

You are only partially correct on the GPS in the S390g. The S390g does do GPS just not in the normally thought of
way. The normal way is to use satellites to locate position.. The S390g uses cell phone towers and wifi hotspots to
locate position. More info can be found about this if you Google, Google Maps. Both ways accomplish the same thing
howbeit using satellites may be slightly more accurate. In any case this is a big step forward for Tracfone. There is
an advantage to the consumer doing it tracfone's way. In theory you would not have to maintain a connection once
you downloaded your info like you would using satellites.

As to email, I have always run my email through AT&T's picture messaging (email) address by having all of my email
redirected from my main computer... This gives me BlackBerry type pop up email complete with alert and vibration.
I always get my email right away using this method and avoid using minutes to check if I have any email.

I have YouTube working on my 800g. It is a hack but it does work, so the S390g is not the first to stream YouTube video.

Also, as to using minutes, in theory with 3G being so much faster, web browsing should not take nearly as many
minutes as in the past especially if you replace the stock web browser.

I was one of the first to order the HSN S390g deal. I also bought my LG 800g from them when it was the Deal of the
Day as well. I will see what the S390g is like when I receive it. My thinking at this time is that they each have unique
features to each other and that I will keep them both activated. At HSN's and Tracfone's prices I can afford to play with
both of them a bit.

Tarkio101

Macfan, I know this is not the topic, but how did you get the LG 800g to use youtube? Do you mean streaming?
I can download the video and watch it after the download tho... Do you have a hack that works better than this?

TC93

If it doesn't have any back lighting for the keys, that would be disappointing to me.

Every Tracfone I have owned has had backlit lettering on the numbers.

According to this PDF, on page 25, it says the keys are backlit... Samsung-S390G-Manual.pdf

DoctorM
Member Avatar

macfan
June 30, 2012, 7:34 pm
Snoozer
June 30, 2012, 12:41 pm
TC93

street to advance to.

Snoozer:

You are only partially correct on the GPS in the S390g. The S390g does do GPS just not in the normally thought of
way. The normal way is to use satellites to locate position.. The S390g uses cell phone towers and wifi hotspots to
locate position. More info can be found about this if you Google, Google Maps. Both ways accomplish the same thing
howbeit using satellites may be slightly more accurate. In any case this is a big step forward for Tracfone. There is
an advantage to the consumer doing it tracfone's way. In theory you would not have to maintain a connection once
you downloaded your info like you would using satellites.

As to email, I have always run my email through AT&T's picture messaging (email) address by having all of my email
redirected from my main computer... This gives me BlackBerry type pop up email complete with alert and vibration.
I always get my email right away using this method and avoid using minutes to check if I have any email.

I have YouTube working on my 800g. It is a hack but it does work, so the S390g is not the first to stream YouTube video.

Also, as to using minutes, in theory with 3G being so much faster, web browsing should not take nearly as many
minutes as in the past especially if you replace the stock web browser.

I was one of the first to order the HSN S390g deal. I also bought my LG 800g from them when it was the Deal of the
Day as well. I will see what the S390g is like when I receive it. My thinking at this time is that they each have unique
features to each other and that I will keep them both activated. At HSN's and Tracfone's prices I can afford to play with
both of them a bit.
Just to be technically correct --

-- positioning by cell tower would require a cellular connection, and it works by triangulating off of pings to more than
one tower -- that is NOT GPS (Global Positioning Satellite), --

-- GPS is very different technology, and does NOT require any connectivity to cellular or WiFi.

-- Google Maps, however, apparently requires connectivity to either cellular or WiFi, as it appears to be operating from
a cloud, and cannot otherwise update position to Google Maps... This appears to be a serious limitation of operating
from a cloud, rather than on-board software.

I suspect there are other apps that don't need connectivity to process GPS position data. I will be looking for such an app.

Snoozer

TC93
June 30, 2012, 10:00 pm
If it doesn't have any back lighting for the keys, that would be disappointing to me.

Every Tracfone I have owned has had backlit lettering on the numbers.

According to this PDF, on page 25, it says the keys are backlit... Samsung-S390G-Manual.pdf
My bad! .. By just looking at people's photos it didn't look like it had that.
Good find and good the phone has that feature! :$

Tarkio101

Anyone know of a link to a review for this phone by someone who has it already? ... If so, please provide.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Tarkio101:

Anyone know of a link to a review for this phone by someone who has it already? ... If so, please provide.
* Tarkio101 .... how about when your phone comes in, you give us a review of it... is that ok?
* And maybe, you can go back up to the posts above and answer some of our simple questions about this phone?
* Meanwhile, if anyone else who has this phone, can also feel free to answer any of the questions above, thanks.

* I was almost on the verge of buying this phone off HSN when it was on sale for $100 over the weekend.
* Then I decided to maybe just wait and see what other people have to say about it first, since I have time anyway.
* I wonder if all those people buying this phone would have still bought it if it didn't come with WiFi ? (lol)

* Since this is the start of WiFi on Tracfones, that we'll now see more and more WiFi Tracfones coming out?
* I am looking forward to seeing the first Touchscreen + WiFi Tracfone to come out ... that would be cool. ;)

Touchscreen Turk B-)

TF Noob

I think the wave of power outages caused by those nasty storms a couple of days ago might be the reason we
haven't heard anything from the few people that actually have them... The fact that the phone is only available
from two places (Home Shopping Network and shopcelldeals on Ebay) at the moment isn't helping matters either.
I'm sure we'll have the answers to our questions by this weekend.

The phone was originally released overseas last fall as the Ch@t 527 -- so that could prove useful for anybody
looking for cases and screen protectors.

It's worth sitting through the video on the HSN website, because they demonstrate the voice command feature
and show a side by side comparison between it and the LG 500g loading the same web page. It's also loaded
with unintentional comedy as the hosts go nuts over it.

http://www.hsn.com/electronics/samsung-wi-fi-2mp-camera-smartphone-with-1500-minutes_p-6839682_xp.aspx
(Click the video button under the picture of the phone.)

tfuser19

TF Noob, thanks for the Ch@t 527 info.

Tarkio101

Thanks tfuser... For those interested, there is quite a bit of information and reviews for this phone online listed by it's
other model names. It's also the Samsung Ch@t 527 and also the S5270. It's actually been out since fall of 2011, so
there are plenty of accessories available.. The other model numbers might help somebody find either information or
accessories.

Mine has been shipped, so I should receive it Thursday... I'm pretty anxious.

muddy211

Here is the full specs... http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S390CSATFN

tfuser19

Tarkio101
July 3, 2012, 10:26 pm
Mine has been shipped, so I should receive it Thursday... I'm pretty anxious.
Tarkio101... Thanks for the additional similar model info. How did you find that?

I'm waiting for the UPS truck to bring mine today too! ^_^

Tarkio101

I found it referenced here tfuser.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ch@t_527-4096.php

Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow so I can play with it on the weekend.

muddy211

Has anyone seen the Samsung s390g in any retail stores? ... walmart, target, etc????

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
muddy211
July 5, 2012, 8:26 pm
Has anyone seen the Samsung s390g in any retail stores? ... walmart, target, etc????
I have been through several stores in the Manchester, NH area, along with lots of stores on the eastern NH coast
(I am on vacation) all the way up to Portland, ME and I have seen no sign of the phone, not even a retail peg sticker.

TF Noob

The Home Shopping Network claimed to have some kind of timed exclusivity deal on this phone when it debuted
last weekend... I hope this doesn't become the norm for all new Tracfone releases from this point forward.

episodic

I'm still waiting for the following things to be ironed out - I really want this phone or the s425g
1. Do these phones run the facebook mobile app?
2. Do they run the gmail app?
3. What about opera?
4. How is the picture quality - can someone post full resolution samples?
5. Video quality - a post would be great?
6. The MMS issue. I've asked via PM on facebook with trac's tech about it, and they say it is the normal amount, etc,
- but several posters here and at other forums say the MMS charges are much higher than normal. Has anyone sat
down with support and tried to iron this out? I saw the one poster had it fixed only to return.
7. How is the phone, keyboard, etc - I'm amazed there are no real reviews yet. Been looking on youtube, here, etc.

Thanks!

Tarkio101

Tracfone Samsung s390g Review -- Part 1

OK guys, I now have the phone in hand and am writing my first impressions. With that said, I am going to do a more
complete review later this evening, but I was anxious to share some impressions.

I think the phone is very good quality. It really has a nice weight and feel to it. The materials feel really nice, not cheap.
The keyboard feels like it is good quality. The keys have enough space that my average sized hands have no trouble
hitting the buttons I want. The way I gauge it is this--I find myself typing normally, and not constantly looking up at the
screen to see what letters I have hit... For me, when you can feel like you are hitting the right keys, and not constantly
feeling another key on the side of your finger or thumb, it feels good.

The screen looks fine. I am going to take and post some pictures from the camera, maybe video later this evening. It
looked pretty crisp and clear, but nothing amazing. However, when I went online, the graphics looked pretty crappy.
That familiar old look phones used to have, before higher quality screens and big bright touch screen phones came
along... Now, I am not sure if it's entirely the screen, or the low amount of data the phone is downloading thru the
Tracfone's limited browser. As soon as I get Opera on it, I will know more and have a better baseline to compare with
my 800g, as well as barely working Samsung Moment that is no longer active, but one that I use with wifi sometimes.

I do have the phone activated now, but when I called the first time to get the promo minutes from HSN special tracfone
line, it was having technical difficulties. But I just redialed and got right thru. I think they were just very busy and the
computer can only handle so many calls at one time... For those of you who are new to the HSN phones, this is the
procedure. First, you go to tracfone.com and activate the phone following their normal procedure. The phone will have
20 minutes on it that tracfone provides for activating. Not sure if it's only for online activations or not, but I did it online
and received the 20 minutes. Then, you call the number on the flier that comes in the box. It was about a 2 minute
automated call where you type in your HSN order number and the phone number and then it prompts you that it is
complete. Very painless. Very simple. I don't believe it is necessary to be on another phone. At this point, the account
is already set up and the number is activated, so they are just adding your 1500 minutes.

It will need to be activated to use some of the features of the phone, but wifi is not one of them. On WiFi, the phone
using tracfones browser was fast. Seemed about like wifi on any other phone, or like a normal 3g connection on a
smart phone on decent network. I tried to go to m.opera.com to download the opera browser, but it gave me an error
and said the phone must first be activated (since all my browsing was on wifi and before I had called to activate it).
Will report on the Tracfone browser, opera mini, and some websites when I write more later tonight.

For those who have used a browser on a non touch screen phone, the little track pad below the screen will seem
almost like a touch screen itself (if that makes any sense) since the action is much more like using a touch screen
than the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate. Just that little pad made the phone seem pretty good to me, and
I am coming from my last three phones being touchscreens... It does take a little getting used to, and it is pretty
sensitive, but I only used it for about half an hour, tops, so I am sure it will feel much more natural to me over time.
Right now, you move a tiny bit and it sends the cursor flying all the way to the bottom, then back to the top, etc. It
does not work like a mouse on a computer. Rather, it actually moves you between links. So you will have to have
the right touch to get it on the link you want, but it goes from one link to the next etc, not just randomly over any part
of the screen.

My main complaint using the internet using Tracfone's browser it this--It breaks the page up into many different pages
that you must go thru. On one page I went to, a news site, on the top of the first page it said I was on page 1 of 7. I had
to click thru all of them, each one giving me only a little information. I am disappointed it did not provide one long page
that I could scroll thru. I hope opera mini does this. I will see.

I think it is probably fully charged by now. Give me a couple of hours tops, and I'll be back with more.

Tarkio101

Tracfone Samsung s390g Review -- Part 2

Probably not going to get any pictures posted tonight... Will try soon.

Browsing with opera mini is nice. Youtube plays perfectly. I was using wifi, but am still glad the phones processor
seems to have plenty of power to allow streaming. With a good connection, the phone did nothing to slow it down
unnecessarily, to make the video take forever to load etc. ... Somehow I was worried that a relatively weak phone
may not handle large amounts of data well, regardless of the connection speed. I had no problems whatsoever.

I am not quite sure what the data rate is supposed to be on this phone. The couple of times I accidentally opened
the browser without using wifi, it seems to deduct odd amounts of units. It wasn't an even amount that I recognized,
like 1/2 or 1/3 of a unit, unless it just looked funny to me.

On that note, my 1500 minutes have not shown up yet, but it did say to give it 24 hours. All seemed fine during the
activation, so I am not worried.

I have taken half a dozen pictures, and none really look all that great... Very similar to the quality of my LG 800G.

The phone has one touch email access. There is a very nice email set up wizard that walks you right thru it.
It's a nice touch. It's one of many nice touches the phone has. Even though by Samsung standards, this is a pretty
low end phone, it doesn't seem just thrown together willy nilly.

I have a lot to learn about this phone still. One of the main things is getting used to a real keyboard and no touch
screen. But as I learn more, I will keep posting. Hopefully with some pics soon.

If anyone has any questions for me, just shoot them my way and I'll do my best to answer.

loamhedge82

Hey Tarkio101,

Do you know what sort of local video playback this phone supports? Framerate, smoothness/lagginess, codecs, etc?
Would definitely appreciate the info... Thanks!

muddy211

Thanks for the feedback Tarkio...I just ordered one from ebay for $44.99, (SHOPCELLDEALS) free shipping and a case!!!

annepani

Tarkio101
July 6, 2012, 11:20 pm

I am not quite sure what the data rate is supposed to be on this phone. The couple of times I accidentally opened
the browser without using wifi, it seems to deduct odd amounts of units. It wasn't an even amount that I recognized,

If anyone has any questions for me, just shoot them my way and I'll do my best to answer.
The S390 and the S425 charge data by the KB, not by the minute so it won't look like the 1.5, 2.0 etc that you are used to.

MMS also seems to charge by the KB, not by the minute. Please MMS a picture of about 500 - 550 KB and see what it charges.

Most of us are getting charged 8 - 9 minutes per MMS, about 5 or 6 times the standard Tracfone MMS charge for a picture
that size, for example on an LG 800G, (1.5 minutes).

Please try it and report back what your phone charges.

macfan

muddy211
July 7, 2012, 11:00 am
Thanks for the feedback Tarkio - I just ordered one from ebay for $44.99, (SHOPCELLDEALS) free shipping and a case!!!
HSN's was a far better deal than SHOPCELLDEALS when you consider the 1500 minutes, gel case, ear/microphone
buds, and car charger all for under $100 with 4 flex pay. Theirs included free shipping also. There is something fishy
about SHOPCELLDEALS even having them as he is the only other seller that does. ... HSN is supposed to have a
several month exclusive on them. I am assuming that since HSN is in Florida and Tracfone's USA headquarters is in
Florida, HSN is able to obtain sweetheart deals.

macfan

annepani
July 7, 2012, 11:42 am
Tarkio101
July 6, 2012, 11:20 pm

The S390 and the S425 charge data by the KB, not by the minute so it won't look like the 1.5, 2.0 etc that you are used to.
MMS also seems to charge by the KB, not by the minute. Please MMS a picture of about 500 - 550 KB and see what it charges.
Most of us are getting charged 8 - 9 minutes per MMS, about 5 or 6 times the standard Tracfone MMS charge for a picture
that size, for example on an LG 800G, (1.5 minutes).

Please try it and report back what your phone charges.
I am a little confused on the MMS. It is my understanding that SMS and phone are on one side of the digital stream
and that data including MMS are on the other. So it would make sense that MMS is being charges now by the KB
like other data. The only way to know for sure would be to send a pic via MMS and then send that same pic as an
email attachment and see what the results are.

Tarkio101

macfan
July 7, 2012, 11:51 am
muddy211
July 7, 2012, 11:00 am
Thanks for the feedback Tarkio - I just ordered one from ebay for $44.99, (SHOPCELLDEALS) free shipping and a case!!!
HSN's was a far better deal than SHOPCELLDEALS when you consider the 1500 minutes, gel case, ear/
microphone buds, and car charger all for under $100 with 4 flex pay... Theirs included free shipping also.
There is something fishy about SHOPCELLDEALS even having them as he is the only other seller that does.
HSN is supposed to have a several month exclusive on them. I am assuming that since HSN is in Florida
and Tracfone's USA headquarters is in Florida, HSN is able to obtain sweetheart deals.
I agree shopcelldeals sounds shady. But it doesn't matter because the HSN deal is so much better, even for $119
now that the special is over. The same sweet deal is just 20 bucks more, but still a better deal. And still essentially
the only place to get the phone, let alone with 1500 minutes.

My 1500 came across just fine. It had popped up on the screen when I got up this morning. It said 400 minutes,
plus 1100 bonus minutes, 1 year of service. So don't get nervous if it doesn't add the minutes to your phone the
minute you finish the call to them. On my LG 800g it did exactly that, so even though I read it said it could take 24
hours, it made me a little nervous until I actually had them on the phone. But I'm just the nervous type lol.

Rather than experiment with data rates, I would rather wait for a definitive statement from Tracfone on the cost.
Until then, I believe I will stick with the WiFi for my data usage. Incidentally, the wifi (versus the 3g) is why I am
interested in this phone. While the 3g could be nice once in a while, the wifi will be useful for me all of the time.

Tarkio101

loamhedge82
July 6, 2012, 11:47 pm
Hey Tarkio101,
Do you know what sort of local video playback this phone supports? Framerate, smoothness/lagginess, codecs, etc?
Would definitely appreciate the info... Thanks!
I am not sure which video formats it plays... I know youtube HQ videos played fine.
And I played some video from a link in a news site where it played directly, and there was no problem there either.

episodic

Can someone post full resolution photo samples?

Can someone tell if the facebook app works with no hiccups or annoyances?

What about google maps (can it access the gps?) ?

Opera Mini works great I take it?

muddy211

loamhedge82 ... here ya go!!!!

Video Player; Compatible Video Files, H.263, H.264, MPEG4; Video, Streaming

OVERVIEW, FEATURES, SPECS, GALLERY etc...

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S390CSATFN-features

Tarkio101

episodic
July 7, 2012, 2:09 pm
Opera mini works very well. With it, the track pad works even better than the native browser. You can scroll the
"mouse" anywhere and click on anything. It's a lot like using a touchscreen. I enjoy it much more than I thought
I would, for what that's worth.

Google maps works very well too. Even Street View. The only issue is that because Street View is using such
a huge amount of data, that it takes a a while to scroll around all 360 degrees... It's a very large picture there.
The phone has no trouble loading things that I can notice, but using them seemed to require a little patience
here and there. But nothing major. Considering it's not a smart phone and considering that the data volumes
required for something like Google maps street view, I forgive it.

I don't use facebook, so I can't address that.

I have tried to get some pics to paste in here, but am apparently not smart enough to get it accomplished.

episodic

Tarkio101
July 7, 2012, 4:31 pm
episodic
July 7, 2012, 2:09 pm
Opera mini works very well. With it, the track pad works even better than the native browser. You can scroll the
"mouse" anywhere and click on anything. It's a lot like using a touchscreen. I enjoy it much more than I thought
I would, for what that's worth.

Google maps works very well too. Even Street View. The only issue is that because Street View is using such
a huge amount of data, that it takes a a while to scroll around all 360 degrees... It's a very large picture there.
The phone has no trouble loading things that I can notice, but using them seemed to require a little patience
here and there. But nothing major. Considering it's not a smart phone and considering that the data volumes
required for something like Google maps street view, I forgive it.

I don't use facebook, so I can't address that...
I have tried to get some pics to paste in here, but am apparently not smart enough to get it accomplished.
So you are confirming that with google maps when you are out and about it updates your position on the map?
That alone would sell me.

TF Noob

I don't think there is anything shady about shopcelldeals. It's obvious that they buy HSN bundles and part them
out so they can sell the phones and cards below Tracfone's MSRP while still being able to turn a profit. I'm sure
that HSN and Tracfone hate it but there's nothing illegal about it... The HSN bundle is an amazing deal but with
my usage habits I would end up with a stockpile of minutes so large that Tracfone may not be willing to transfer
if something happened to the phone.

Tarkio101

Episodic, I will have to test this to be 100% sure. When I first went to google maps it seemed to go to my location.
I am probably not going anywhere today (I'm in St Louis and it's 107 today) - but I have some errands to run
tomorrow so I will be able to test it a little more.

annepani

TF Noob
July 7, 2012, 5:58 pm
I don't think there is anything shady about shopcelldeals. It's obvious that they buy HSN bundles and part them
out so they can sell the phones and cards below Tracfone's MSRP while still being able to turn a profit. I'm sure
that HSN and Tracfone hate it but there's nothing illegal about it... The HSN bundle is an amazing deal but with
my usage habits I would end up with a stockpile of minutes so large that Tracfone may not be willing to transfer
if something happened to the phone.
I have bought about 6 phones over the past few years from shopcelldeals and there is nothing fishy or shady about
them. They were selling the s390g two weeks before HSN. And they sold the s425 before that and are still selling it.

episodic

Tarkio101
July 7, 2012, 6:36 pm
Episodic, I will have to test this to be 100% sure. When I first went to google maps it seemed to go to my location.
I am probably not going anywhere today (I'm in St Louis and it's 107 today) but I have some errands to run
tomorrow so I will be able to test it a little more.
Thanks so much. I do lots of hiking, etc. If this thing could access google maps while I'm out and about, it'd be awesome.

Tarkio101

Tracfone Samsung s390g Review -- Part 3

No problem. One issue I do have with this phone is the high priced data. I downloaded one very small app when
my wifi was apparently not connected. The download took less than 10 seconds and charged me over 12 minutes.
Not a very good rate... I am not sure if this phone is useful for anything beyond calls and texts at that kind of rate.

I just tested a Google Maps search, not using WiFi. What I found was that I started opera mini, loaded the maps,
selected my location to start from, scrolled thru part of my city (making the map shift position and load more data),
searched for the trip and clicked on some details about it. It charged just under 2 minutes for that search. That, I
can live with.

Then, I tested a quick search of a couple of pages on CNN's mobile website. I was online for a little over 2 minutes,
clicked on about 3 stories. It charged less than 1 minute. It came to .783 minutes. Seems fair to me.

I also set up an email address in the phone, and while the wifi was off, the phone checked the email (and I did not
receive any) and charge .075 units... In other words, don't set up the email and let it check all the time (don't know
the interval) without realizing it will seriously eat minutes.

Now I am curious to know exactly what data rate they are charging per KB.

Just thought some of you may be interested to know and don't want to risk many minutes figuring out how much the
rates are. Even a few unscientific examples can at least give you a ball park figure.

annepani

Tarkio101
July 7, 2012, 9:24 pm
I also set up an email address in the phone, and while the wifi was off, the phone checked the email (and I did
not receive any) and charge .075 units. In other words, don't set up the email and let it check all the time (don't
know the interval) without realizing it will seriously eat minutes.

Now I am curious to know exactly what data rate they are charging per KB.
The path is Email > Settings > Receiving Options > Sync Frequency.

The interval is 30 minutes to 1 day. There is no setting to turn it off. If you set up email you will be charged.
I didn't set up email and I get 'DNS error' or something.

Tarkio101

I ended up deleting my email from it entirely... It's actually a nice feature, just not for me.

Tarkio101

Tracfone Samsung s390g Review -- Part 4

I've been playing with the phone for a couple of days now. My main impression is that the phone is very good quality,
and that it's really fast. On wifi or 3g, it's just fast compared to the pokey old tracfones I've used in the past.

One of my main concerns was getting/keeping wifi connected. I've had no problems so far. Some cheap phones and
tablets have a bad habit of never being able to connect to wifi, even when it's there and working perfectly. Even when
every other device in the vicinity connects very easily. And sometimes they constantly drop the connection, over and
over. This phone connects easily and stays connected.

Another concern I had with lower end Samsung phones was them shutting down and rebooting all the time. The
Samsung t528 on straight talk had this issue big time, so I was afraid this one might too. Does not seem to be the
case. This phone has never shut down and rebooted once. So far so good.

Surfing is a pretty good experience for a non smart phone. I wish it were a little better, but it's better than any other
tracfone I've seen. Webpages format themselves pretty well.. Navigating with the trackpad is easy and works well.
It's very sensitive and takes some getting used to, but that's a good thing I've discovered... Once you develop the
touch, it's very nice. This is useful for navigation any screen on the the phone, not just using it online btw.

I'm told I sound absolutely perfect to the person listening on the other end. One person told me I was extremely loud lol.
The speaker sounds good if you want to listen to some music without headphones.
I've already downloaded a streaming online radio app from Getjar and it plays very well over wifi.

The music player is really not very good compared to what I am used to. This is one area I really miss the touchscreen.
The controls are not convenient for me on this phone. I am hoping to find an app somewhere that gives me better controls.

If anyone has any questions, just shoot them my way and I'll do my best to answer.

annepani

Tarkio101
July 9, 2012, 12:34 am
Tracfone Samsung s390g Review -- Part 4

I'm told I sound absolutely perfect to the person listening on the other end.
Maybe she's in love?

episodic

Were you ever able to transfer a picture to your computer to upload?

How about the GPS on google maps while out and about?

Tarkio101

I will do my best to take and post some pictures.

I can say for sure that google maps does know your location and it finds where you are automatically.
Its not exactly the same as as a gps unit will do, but it works well and is pretty sweet.

Tarkio101

episodic
July 9, 2012, 8:43 am
Were you ever able to transfer a picture to your computer to upload?
How about the GPS on google maps while out and about?
I have some pictures from the phone on my computer now. Can anyone tell me how I get them into a message on
here? I tried to copy and paste and but it did not work. Not sure what I need to be doing. I'll get the pics up as soon
as I figure out how.

Turk? .. You seem to be the master picture poster on here... Any tips?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Tarkio101 .... As far as wanting to post pictures on here .... you first have to open up an online photo album.
* Online photo album sites such as "Photobucket" or "Tinypic" , etc, etc ... most of these Sites are free to open up.

* You put your pictures there first, in your online photo album...
-- then when this Forum asks for an Image URL, you put your online photo album picture link in it and press "OK".

* I hope this helps... and once you try it and get it to work, you'll then get the hang of it.
* If you don't want to open an online photo album, I guess you could email me the pictures and I'll post them for you?
------------------------------
* Here are some of my questions for you about the Samsung s390g phone...

1. About the Wfi ... I'm assuming it doesn't have adobe flash? ... can you play the videos on ESPN's WiFi site?
2. Does it come with any games? (and if so, what are they?)
3. Can you play a full length MP3 song as a ringtone?

* I see on HSN.com, the 1st special is sold out right now, but they have another special going on for $100...
-- you get eveything as the 1st special, but instead of 1500 minutes, you only get 1200 minutes, still not bad.

* Thanks for taking the time to post info about this phone, and also answering questions about it, I appreciate it! ;)

Not ESPN, but TSPN, T as in Turk B-)

Tarkio101

Turk, I would like to post the pics, just so other people can see what kind of pics it takes.
Can I email them to you to post?

Tarkio101

It does not appear to have flash video. Espn, abc news, cnn etc video do not play.

The phone did not come with any games. A lot of games I have downloaded from Getjar have worked well.

There may be a way to play mp3 file as ringtones, but I haven't messed with it much to try and figure it out.

I'll keep tinkering with it and see what I can dig up on answers I'm not sure about tho.

episodic

Tarkio101
July 10, 2012, 1:00 am
Turk, I would like to post the pics, just so other people can see what kind of pics it takes.
Can I email them to you to post?
Check out imgur.com - http://imgur.com/

Just drag the photos over to the webpage (drag / drop ) - it'll upload them and provide you with links to paste here.

Britt Love
Member Avatar

Is It A Good Idea To Buy this phone from ebay for 54.99?

annepani

Britt Love
July 10, 2012, 6:14 pm
Is It A Good Idea To Buy this phone from ebay for 54.99?
I got mine on ebay from a seller named shopcelldeals... Very reliable seller.

Britt Love
Member Avatar

Anyone Who Owns This Phone,

I would like it if you could help me answer a question about the phone.
The question is the same as above and I will repeat it again, I would just like to know this before I buy the phone.

Do you see Whom Sent You A Text Before It Is Opened? .. Unlike Most Of The Other Tracfones Out There??

Thank You For Your Time !!

Tarkio101

No, you cannot see.

You can, however, see the first couple words of the text, but not the number it is from.

Hope this helps.

Britt Love
Member Avatar

Tarkio101,

Do you think Straight Talks version of this phone would be better? ... I talked to a representative from
Straight Talk and they said you can see the person who sent you a text before you open it.

jez77

Anyone had any success syncing the S390g to a PC? When I use the mini USB cable, the phone display indicates
it is charging, but I can't get the mass storage option to appear... I tried Samsung PC Studio also with same results.

muddy211

hey jez77,

You need to have a micro sd card in there to get to mass storage... good luck!

annepani

jez77
July 12, 2012, 8:27 am
Anyone had any success syncing the S390g to a PC? When I use the mini USB cable, the phone display indicates
it is charging, but I can't get the mass storage option to appear... I tried Samsung PC Studio also with same results.
First, make sure you are using a data/charging cable and not just a charging cable.
They look identical, but the charging cable cannot transfer data.

Second, you do not need PC Studio to transfer data. Just use a USB data transfer cable.

Third, you must have a microSD card installed in the phone. The USB can only see the microSD card.
It does not see the phone's internal memory or even see that there is a phone plugged in to the PC.

jez77

Thanks for the response.

I am using the same cable I used when I transferred data to Tracfone LG 800g.
I have tried two different mini SD cards, one a 4gb and the other a 32gb.

annepani

jez77
July 12, 2012, 4:32 pm
Thanks for the response. I am using the same cable I used when I transferred data to Tracfone LG 800g.
I have tried two different mini SD cards, one a 4gb and the other a 32gb.
Okay. I started with no microSD card in the S390g. And set USB Mode to 'Mass Storage' ... You must do this
before you insert the cable. Then I inserted the cable in the phone, then into the USB port on the pc.

The phone gave the message 'Insert Memory Card' and waited for me to do it. I inserted the memory card and
the message changed to 'Connected.'

Card shows up on PC as Removable Disk (E).

I transferred a .gif file and a .jpg from the pc to the card and opened both files on the card from the pc.

Then unplugged the cable, and opened both files directly from the phone using the sequence My Folder > Other
Files (not pictures) > On Card > navigate to the photo > Options > View > Select and they both opened.

No pc suite, no anything special. Only thing I can think of is to remember that USB must be set to Mass Storage
and you have to make that setting before inserting the cable into the phone.

jez77

There must be something wrong with the cable, though it worked before.

I followed your directions exactly and all I can see on the display is the icon showing the battery charging.

Thanks for the great explanation.

annepani

jez77
July 12, 2012, 8:02 pm
There must be something wrong with the cable, though it worked before. I followed your directions exactly and
all I can see on the display is the icon showing the battery charging... Thanks for the great explanation.
Maybe the cable only transfers data with an LG. Can you put the cable back on the LG and see if it transfers data there?
Maybe you need a genuine Samsung cable... That is what I was using.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.