Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Net10) LG Optimus Q & LG Optimus Net Phone Topic
Topic Started: September 30, 2011, 7:13 pm (7,040 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks. ;)

No, it's not April Fool's day... I know there's a thread for new releases, but I think the calls for it's own thread.

From Net10's Facebook page...

"Presenting NET10’s First 2 ANDROID™-powered phones! LG Optimus Q and LG Optimus NET!! 3.2" Touch
Screen, 3G, Android 2.3, Wi-Fi®, 3 MP Camera/Video Recorder, MP3 Player, Bluetooth®, GPS and more!
Download over 250,000 Android apps! ... Optimus Q has a Sliding QWERTY Keypad - Only $179.99.
LG Optimus NET - Only $149.99 ... Exclusively for the $50/30 Day Unlimited Plan.

Reserve yours NOW at: http://www.reserve.net10androi​d.com/"

Wanna bet they use Sprint? ... Virgin Mobile is also coming out with a version of the Optimus Slider next month.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spanieldoggy

Sweeper, I screamed in joy when I read this.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I see the Optimus Net has a 5MP camera with HD camcorder, and the Q has a 3.2 camera.

http://reserve.net10android.com/lg-optimus-net.php

http://reserve.net10android.com/lg-optimus-q.php

EDIT: They have conflicting info about the camera resouliton for the Net. One page says 5MP, and another says 3.2

KLM
Member Avatar

I'd like to see that on a 'Exclusive $25/30 plan". :D

It will be interesting to see if it uses sprint. That would be a first for Net10....

...We know it would never be Verizon.

If it is sprint, I wonder if they will rout all data to the lone server just like they do with Virgin?
Hope it's not the same server for a couple of reasons.

Welp, all that is left is to get an Optimus on Tracfone, plans starting at $20. heh heh....

Things are getting better for America Movil all the time. :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... hey, thanks man for the information about the new phones! .... wow, what a surprise...

* Well, it may not be April Fool's Day ... but the joke is still on us --> if these phones run off of Sprint?!

* It seems to me they're gonna use Sprint, which would mean a lot of upset customers (ala Samsung Galaxy Precedent).

* Ya, I'm happy there is gonna be Android phones coming to Net10, but what's the use if they're on Sprint? (just saying)

* Plus, I don't use the $50 unlimited plan on Net10, so this rules me out anyway on using these cool phones. :ermm:

* But, it'll still be interesting, as time goes by, on what we find out more on them ... thanks again. ;)

* Ps: we know we'll never see an Android phone on Verizon ... so where is AT&T in all of this? ... just a thought.

TurkDroid B-)

JimmyJames

Being somewhat new around here, can someone fill me in on why it's bad if the phone is on the Sprint system?

Is it a coverage issue, or something else?

KLM
Member Avatar

It may not be 'bad' if it urns out to be a sprint phone, rather it depends. Sprint coverage is limited compared
to AT&T and Verizon... If you are in an area that happens to be Sprint territory then you are fine.

Roaming wise, I dunno what service agreements Sprint has with other carriers for voice roaming. However,
I do know that if this new Net10 phone is treated as a Virgin Mobile (Sprint prepaid), there is no roaming.

Below is small 'general' map for the carriers claimed coverage. CDMA-S would be the sprint map.
As you can see, a Sprint phone is not usable for every one depending on where you live.

Posted Image

As stated in post #4, my concern would be on the data end of things, which is why you'd be looking to get a
smart phone. Dialing in on my concern further, how will they serve up the data? ... I can't speak to how it's
handled for an actual Sprint customer, but I can as a Virgin Mobile customer (Sprints prepaid). The data, no
matter where you live goes through a single server in Kansas. When it goes down....what then?

And there is no 'data roaming'. But this the way it is for other carriers too. Some day they all will have to addre$$ it.

Towards the beginning of this year (2011), Virgin introduced a new phone and that is when I jumped on board
that ship. Many others did as they had/have an affordable all you can eat plan. We're guessing that this bogged
things down for the server, and there were many outages, drops and slow throughput. They promised to fix it.
In dong a lot of reading over many months I'm still confused if things have been fixed... Folks were back and
forth on fixed or not for a long time. Being I have not heard much about it in a good while, I guess folks either
accepted it due to the cheap plans compared to other carriers or it's better now.

Of course every carrier has it's problems now and then.

I have my phone on 99.9% WiFi these days as it's faster/more reliable than 3G.
So I'm not the best candidate to say how reliable the data portion of the service is.

Well, let's see how I am treated today by switching off the WiFi and turning on the 3G (Sprint towers,
single server for Virgin Mobile)

Posted Image

Looks like it's not going well today for 3G. I can do better with my LG 420G on EDGE (2.5G)!
I included samples from a late July test as well... July shows better...on some tests anyway.
And again all your data goes to / comes from one server in Kansas.

How's that for an explanation? ... Nothing like visuals I always say.

KLM

JimmyJames

Thanks. That was extremely thorough and informative. It definitely looks like Sprint's data coverage is, well... wanting.
I live in Northern Arizona, and I would be SOL out here. I can't believe they run all of their data through one location.
That seems (and is borne out by your testing) incredibly inefficient.

KLM
Member Avatar

Any Virgin Mobile user with a data phone can prove there is just one server used in a number of ways.
Simply using speedtest.net will 'detect' your location as Witchita, KS. Run other apps such as location
based apps that figure where you are out through an Internet connection and not GPS will plop you
down in Kansas (on a map).

I have not decided if having one server as inefficient or not. Been wondering about that. Eggs in one
basket is nice on the pocket I guess does not make a hearty system in the event of failures.

(Returning to topic) Being your are in AZ, it's good you asked why this phone might be bad if it does
turn out to be on Sprint.

In time America Movil might come up with other smart phone offerings using other carriers.
They are always progressing, if slowly....

When most have gone to 4G some day, some one has to use the old 3G stuff.. Why not prepaid companies?

KLM

iceman4281

I want to be clear on this Sprint coverage issue.

I understand that there is no roaming with Net10/ST etc etc using Sprint.

I also understand when in roaming, no data can be used... However, does this include when in
roaming that voice calls and text messages can not be completed either?

Thank you for answering my questions.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
When outside Sprint native coverage, you won’t even get signal bars, so you will be unable to call, text, or surf the web.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the phone information .... there are a couple of things here that I want to say:

* I changed the Topic title around a little - this is now the Official Topic for both phones, since they're basically the same.

* Sweeper ... how did you find the Net10 Phone Page for these phones you posted above? (just wondering)

* It's safe to say these Android phones are using Sprint - Verizon and AT&T don't want any part of ST/Net10 Androids.

* By using Sprint, it means we probably won't hear much about them, since most people don't have good Sprint coverage.

* Oh well, ST/Net10 Androids on Sprint is still better than no Androids at all - maybe one day Verizon or AT&T will give in.

So, if anyone gets these phones, feel free to post your thoughts, opinions and information here ... thanks. ;)

Turkdroid B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Turk, I just went to the "Buy phones" pages and input Manchester, NH's ZIP (03101) and voila.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I finally saw this new phone out for sale...
* The Net10 LG Optimus Net - price was $150 ... I had my Turkberry (r355c) on me so I took a few pictures.
* PS: .. thanks Sweeper for the zip code tip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Now, if they'd push out the feature phones as quickly as they pushed out the Android phones....

DoctorM
Member Avatar

As soon as WiFi is available on a cell phone, there instantly is NO need for unlimited cellular minutes.
I'd buy one of these ONLY if it was a triple minutes for life TracFone.

gdsmit1

So I'm looking at the Net10 page and see these phones. I remember it required the unlimited plan for these, but
I'm not finding that information now. Can someone point me to where it says that the unlimited plan is required?
Or did they change it to no longer require this?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

gdsmit1
October 28, 2011, 11:30 am
So I'm looking at the Net10 page and see these phones. I remember it required the unlimited plan for these, but
I'm not finding that information now. Can someone point me to where it says that the unlimited plan is required?
Or did they change it to no longer require this?
My bad - I see that the phone can be bought with or without minutes.

The included minutes version has a $50 card for unlimited everything minutes for 30 days. The cheapest Net10
airtime-minutes plan is $15 for a 200 minute, 30-day plan. Or a pre-paid card for $30 with 300 minutes for 60 days.
It is not clear, but I suspect the cheaper minutes are for voice only - no data. But if you have WiFi, why would you
need a data plan??

If this was an AT&T version, I think I would seriously consider it.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I got a good laugh off the packaging. Most of Straight Talk’s phones have the “Nationwide” icon colored in,
I see Net10’s is all white, like the background... It is very symbolic of Sprint’s coverage, none.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Pretty good 307 page User Guide suggests this phone is a full-featured smart phone for only $150. And, on a pre-paid plan.
Are we getting closer to a TracFone model??? I hope so!

It would appear that this phone might be usable without the mandatory data plan and unlimited (high cost) minutes
usually required on smart phones.

The user guide can be found at: http://www.net10.com/Common/English/Digital_Assets/16900.pdf

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Just want to repeat this information to the folks out there that may see these new phones for the first time...

* These Android phones run off the SPRINT network, and there is NO ROAMING on them either (all Sprint, all the time).

* Also, they only work with the $50 unlimited Net10 airtime cards ... it tells you on the front of the box.

* Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this phone topic so far ... it is appreciated .. ;)

* PS: hey Sweeper, that was a good joke you made in your last post above, about the Sprint coverage. ^_^

NETurk B-)

mastershu

well most of u got already wat i was gonna say lol 3.2 cam BUT NO FLASH ON EITHER!! 8( makes me sad
im dyin for a phone with a camera flash!! i thot the moto ex124g wuld have it but ...no 8( an to make it worse i
cant find it anywhere!!! i went to 3 different states an NO ONE SELLS the ex124g....online only?? as for the
droids im happy, i still have my trusty an faithful lg900 an it still rocks just dont by an sdhc card for yur phone
....it wont recognize ur phone if u put on comp but i think ill go with the optimus q even tho ....if u type it in on
google korea/japan got the REAL one O_o insted of up d left right arrows it has a wheel thing an tons more
stuff but im cool with that!! TURK where did u see that phone in wat state was that pic in im in jax fla an its not
here yet...best buy is scared of net10 here cus everyone wuld buy there stuff !!! all the net10 stuff here is gone
in days lol sorry i havnt been on in a long time everyone!! took a trip over seas for a memorial service an kinda
stayed longer than expected ANY IDEAS ON WHAT MIGHT BE NEXT FOR NET10?

mastershu

oh an as far as coverage an all its my understanding (culd be wrong) that they can ONLY be used with the
$50 a month plan !! double boo on that one!! .. also most of the phones themselves appear to be at&t and
t-mobile tower based so i dont know about these new phones here... if anyone needs help doin something
with a phone email me as always .... u guys rock

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The LG Optimus Net has also appeared at a Target in Keene, NH. ... Hope to see it on sale soon.

Posted Image

mastershu

turk an sweeper im just a bit lost now on the minutes plan for the optimus phones 8( i went youtubing to check for
open box review vids an whatnot on them both... sadly not many an only a few minutes long but i DID see how
ALOT OF COMMENTS ARE SAYING THEY CAN BE USED WITH ANY OF THE $20,$30, an up cards..so..i dunno
wat to say bout all that.... also i had a sprint phone (htc2 ) an my coverage was fine, even the maps on their sites
have changed i see alot of hate at sprint i was only mad cus their phones, like boost cost waaay to much but my
service was good ....any thots on the minute plans for these phones?

p.s my lg 900g is kikin like spicy kfc chikin !! i love this thing ...just dont put an sd-hc card in it lol take 4 eeevveeerr
to load stuff everytime u turn it on but after the 1st time its faster O_o an its 4 gigs max.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* mastershu .... here is pretty much all you need to know about both these Android phones:

* These Android phones run off the SPRINT network, and there is NO ROAMING on them either (all Sprint, all the time).

* Also, they only work with the $50 unlimited Net10 airtime cards ... it tells you on the front of the phone box.

* So there you go, bro .. ;)

Master B-) Turk

livvydawn

So I'm having a problem with my Optimus. I can't find anywhere where I can look at my minutes.
My time was suppose to go out on the 29th, but I transferred my number and its still working.
Haha, I'm not complaining, just wondering where I can see my minutes? ..... Thanks :-)

annepani

Murff
November 29, 2011, 12:02 am
On sale at Fred Meyer for $129.99, also a $10 off coupon for electronics. ...... Murff
What is the URL for the Fred Meyer website? Do they sell online or just B&M?

Thanks

mharris127

mastershu
November 1, 2011, 12:37 am
well most of u got already wat i was gonna say lol 3.2 cam BUT NO FLASH ON EITHER!! 8( makes me sad
im dyin for a phone with a camera flash!! i thot the moto ex124g wuld have it but ...no 8( an to make it worse i
cant find it anywhere!!! i went to 3 different states an NO ONE SELLS the ex124g....online only??
No flash??? ... My BlackBerry 8330 designed in 2007 has flash on it (for a small LED it seems to work well the
little bit I have used it). Even at 3.2MP, you are likely better off with a separate camera -- but in a pinch the newer
cell phone cameras do work (although without flash you would need full sunlight to get an acceptable picture).

mharris127

livvydawn
December 31, 2011, 12:09 pm
So I'm having a problem with my Optimus. I can't find anywhere where I can look at my minutes.
My time was suppose to go out on the 29th, but I transferred my number and its still working.
Haha, I'm not complaining, just wondering where I can see my minutes? ..... Thanks :-)
Since these phones only work with an unlimited plan there isn't a need to look at the number of minutes you
have left. Technically you have 50,000 minutes a month according to the TOS but since there are only about
43,200 minutes in a month I would bet Net10 felt safe not building in a time tracker.

A date tracker was probably also considered unnecessary since the only plan this phone works on has an
automatic renewal feature using a credit card.

Yoshi
Member Avatar

Has anyone had any experience switching to the Optimus Q (CDMA) from an LG300 (GSM)?

Obviously, no SIM. I don't really care about moving contacts because I will sync it with my gmail etc.
My concern is more about going from GSM to CDMA and whether I will be without service, have to
port the number, etc. I have no experience with this and hoping some of you NET10 nerds can help
a noob out... :unsure:

DoctorM
Member Avatar

The LG Optimus V - No Contract - is being offered by HSN including one month unlimited service from Net10.

This LG Model is not offered directly from Net10. It would fall under the "Bring your own smart phone" offer.

The LG Optimus V is similar to the LG Optimus Net... It is a CDMA phone.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

LG Optimus V - CDMA
Android No Contract Smartphone with GPS and 3.2MP Camera

HSN (http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?) Item: 183-515

Today's Price: $99.95 or 4 payments of $24.98
Today only

HSN Price: $149.95 | You Save: $50.00 (33%)
Retail Value: $307.20
Free Shipping & Handling

(When you factor in the included 1 month Net10 Service at $50, this is an android phone for only $50.
Might be worth buying just as a WiFi device.)

What You Get
LG Optimus V cell phone
Back cover
Battery
AC adapter
Car charger
Choice of silicone gel skin (black, blue, purple, pink or red)
USB cable
4GB microSDHC card (pre-installed)
Quick start guide
Welcome guide
Activation card
Services guide
NET10 Android Tips pamphlet
App Pack download card
1-month NET10 Unlimited service
Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty on phone
Manufacturer's 90-day limited warranty on accessories

DoctorM
Member Avatar

There are some very good reviews of this phone on Amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Optimus-Prepaid-Android-Virgin/

Snoozer

Does this phone support pinch to zoom?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
April 7, 2012, 9:17 am
Does this phone support pinch to zoom?
The manual says yes. But I don't have a unit yet to evaluate.

The User manual can be viewed at: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VM670

Snoozer

Will this one really roam on Sprint's network because HSN says it will work in my area though when I go
to sprint's coverage page it shows my area will ROAM?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Thanks for the information, Doctor M!

Since it's a CDMA phone, I'll bet that it will run off of Sprint. :ermm: . . . Does anyone know?

Thanks, :)

ShadowDancer

Snoozer

I guess I will buy one just to have it as a mini - ipad if the service isn't covered in my area.

Thanks DR M for the info!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

(time=)
ShadowDancer
April 7, 2012, 10:25 am
Thanks for the information, Doctor M!
Since it's a CDMA phone, I'll bet that it will run off of Sprint. :ermm: . . . Does anyone know?

Thanks, :)

ShadowDancer
Just guessing it probably does but key question again is will it let you roam onto another cdma carrier because
HSN says my zip will work but my coverage map with Sprint shows roaming so can anyone expound?
I'm not familiar with CDMA phones. I did order this one on this HSN special because of the price, so it will be my first.

I'm guessing the "V" stands for Verizon. That's what comes up in a Google search. But Verizon phone actually have
the "Verizon" logo on them. This one doesn't. The reviews on Amazon.com mention Sprint as the carrier.

Verizon had a $25/month (now $35) unlimited data plan plus 300 minutes a month - that's cheaper than Net10's $50
unlimited everything plan. Since this is a no contract phone, maybe it can be activated with Verizon/Sprint instead of
Net10.

I'm more interested in this phone because of its WiFi capabilities, and may not even activate the phone features for awhile.

AKmaro1
Member Avatar

I'm just taking a shot here, but I think since Net10 is under Tracfone's umbrella, it should run Verizon I'd assume.

Since last I knew Tracfone dealt exclusively with Verizon for it's CDMA service.

As always, please correct if any of this seems to be wrong. :)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

AKmaro1
April 7, 2012, 1:26 pm
I'm just taking a shot here, but I think since Net10 is under Tracfone's umbrella, it should run Verizon
I'd assume. Since last I knew Tracfone dealt exclusively with Verizon for it's CDMA service.
As always, please correct if any of this seems to be wrong. :)
You may be right. But at my last check, the LG Optimus V was not on Net10's website, so maybe TracFone/Net10 is
not under any obligation to assign it to Verizon.

annepani

The LG Optimus - V is a Virgin Mobile phone and VM runs on the Sprint network. The LG Optimus - T is T-mobile,
Optimus - S is Sprint postpaid, Optimus - PLBL is Optimus Private Label and so on.

I guess Sprint has retooled some of its recycled Virgin Mobile phones to run on Net10.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

I just checked HSN website. They have already sold more than 17,640 LG Optimus V's since the special went on
early this morning... That is one hell of a lot of units in a very short time.

20,000+ in 11-1/2 hours = 24 units/minute average

At this rate, if they keep it up, they will sell 40,000+ units in the 24 hour special period

DoctorM
Member Avatar

annepani
April 7, 2012, 2:17 pm
The LG Optimus - V is a Virgin Mobile phone and VM runs on the Sprint network. The LG Optimus - T is T-mobile,
Optimus - S is Sprint postpaid, Optimus - PLBL is Optimus Private Label and so on.

I guess Sprint has retooled some of its recycled Virgin Mobile phones to run on Net10.
You're right it is Virgin Mobile, not Verizon... My bad if I said Verizon.

Snoozer

I viewed another presentation of the phone and HSN is saying it is on Sprint's nationwide network.

So I am hoping it will roam because i don't have Sprint coverage in my zip just roaming.

Net10 please please let us roam!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
None of the Android phones offered by Net10 or Straight Talk will roam... They are Sprint native coverage only.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
April 7, 2012, 8:22 pm
None of the Android phones offered by Net10 or Straight Talk will roam... They are Sprint native coverage only.
You are probably right.
So far though, this phone is not showing up on Net10's website, so I wonder whether one has to use Net10 service?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I got some good news, and I got some bad news .... the good news first...
* I just got back from an early Easter dinner with some family members ... and I am stuffed! :) (lol)

* The bad news... after looking over on HSN and watching their video presentation of this phone...
* I have a feeling this is just the Net10 LG Optimus Net phone for sale they are offering.

* HSN sold the Net10 LG Optimus Net before, and the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V before on their Site.
* I think they made a mistake on their Site and have the VM Optimus V description page posted instead of the the Optimus Net's.

* I have seen HSN do this before and made mistakes and have the wrong phone go with another phone's description.
* The phone presented looks like the Net10 Optimus Net and nothing like the Optimus V <-- unless they changed it?

* I didn't hear them say in the video that it was the Optimus V -- all they kept saying is it was a "LG Android phone".
* Anyway, I guess when DoctorM gets this phone, he'll let us know what phone it really is: Optimus V or Optimus Net.

* Whichever phone this is, it uses all Sprint all the time ... no roaming, and no Verizon.
* Anyway, this is my prediction about this phone .... when someone finds out for sure, let us know, thanks. ;)

Optimus T = Optimus Turk B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi annepanni, Doctor M and all --

Thanks for the clarification that this CDMA phone is not on the Verizon network! I was very skeptical that Verizon
would agree to such an arrangement.. From what I've read, I've been left with the impression that Verizon would
sooner cut off its right arm than let a smartphone from America Movil run on its towers. Verizon executives seem
to be highly wary of any scenario that they feel will encourage their high paying contract customers to jump ship.

In fact, they apparently sweated blood before they made the decision to take their own $50-a-month plan nationwide
a few months ago. Again, their overwhelming fear was that their contract customers would switch to prepaid plans.
But, given the basic phones that they offer with the $50-a-month deal, that, of course, has not happened.

And, thanks to Turk for enlightning us about HSN's less than stellar ability to post accurate phone descriptions from
time to time!

ShadowDancer :)

KLM
Member Avatar

I have and use exclusively the Optimus-V (Virgin mobile) for 15 months and so I am familiar with the unit in general. There could be differences being this Net10 Optimus V phone looks a little different, and has been refitted software wise to what ever extent for Net10. Again, I'm on Virgin Mobile and not Net10. With that, I will try and help. If I error, then I error :)

Hmm, as Dr. M pointed out (post 1), I wonder what the marketing strategy is between Optimus Net and Optimus V thought Net10.

I will tell you one difference between Optimus V - Vrigin mobile and Optimus V (still Virgin mobile) through Net10.....

-Through Net10 they claim unlimited everything for $50. (I'm sure data is not all that 'unlimited')

-Virgin Mobile's offering is $35 a month, but with 300 minutes of voice per month and unlimited data. (2.5GB limit before throttle, with with the slow 3G, it's like we're throttled from the start)

Okay, onto answering questions that have already been posted. I'm not going to enter in all the quotes, it's takes up too much space.

* Does it pinch zoom? Yes, It does pinch zoom. It's a real smart phone in every sense :)

* Will it roam on Sprints network? If this is actually a Virgin mobile offering in disguise, there is no roaming. Also, unless things have changed, Virgin likes to issue a PRL that doesn't have all the Sprint towers available. And it is not easy to update the PRL at all (requires root which means phone must be hacked, lotsa programming type programs placed on PC, send commands to phone). Again this assumes the phone is actually a Virgin mobile. And of course there is no such thing has roaming when using data, no matter what network you are on.

>> To see you you have coverage: https://network.sprint.com/search/21061/ This will also show you what areas have had recent 'upgrades' etc.

Okay I see Sweeper covered the no roaming part...

About the V....

Screen size It's a 3.2", 320x480 screen. People whine that it's too small. (I don't). The same people probably want 'everything' for nothing too. To put it in perspective, an iPhone only has a 3.5" screen. Other pricey, contract like phones have 4" screens or bigger. With this size, it will easily fit in your pocket. Yes it has brightness issues in full sun, just like most phones, so we can move past that issue too.

Battery life. All smart phones have horrible battery life so let's get over that part right now. My Optimus V (Virgin Mobile stock), got 8 hours on a charge. If this phone being offered is 2.3 (Gingerbread) it may have better life. I long since rooted my phone, use another 'ROM', and now I get 45 hours -with the way I use it. So, demand Net10 program the thing up right!

Call quality. The call quality is that of your average LG phone. Not ultra clear, and not horrible either. Just cell phone average.

Processing power. My Optimus V is 600 Mhz (single core). People thought this would be a terrible 'low end' phone. Ah but...it has a separate graphics processor (200MHz). This seemed to make such a difference that in some circles, folks feel it's more like the bottom of the 'mid-range' phones. I'm surprised at the games it will play. But most of the really fancy games with lots of objects and happenings going on all over the screen, like Guns-N-Glory (which plays smooth on Optimus V), you really notice that the screen is really too small for this. They would be too small for a iPhone in my opinion. Really need a tablet. But for games like Angry Birds, it's just fine. The processor used does not support flash video. well, actually there is an (one) Adobe flash player version that will work for this processor and videos do play but are choppy from what I remember. I can do YouTube via a YouTube app that came with my phone.

Memory. Internal memory is 512MB, and will just say that at least half, if not more is taken up by the operating system. If I remember right, when my phone was still stock, there was like 90 to 100MB free brand new. You can run out of memory quick. But for phones that are similar, it's pretty much the same thing. Once I learned to manage memory- as in only install what I really use, rather than warehouse every app I have downloaded since day 1, I have not had memory issues at all. I do have a micro-SD card installed in my phone and copies of all my apps (not installed) since day 1 are on the SD card. When I need an app that I only use once every 3 months I install it then and takes maybe 15 seconds. How often do I need to fetch an app from my dusty archive? Almost never, but that's me.

File transfer methods. Skies the limit as it's a smart phone! bluetooth, WiFi, USB cable to PC, etc.

WiFi. I can hit my NetGear router at home from 2 houses down the street and barely have a connection at that distance. So, it has good range. No WiFi connectivity issues noted overall.

Sprint network -specifically 3G (data) Slower than any other carrier so they say. You can be in the same spot, same weather conditions etc. every day and your ping time and speeds with vary greatly. I do have a log of the speeds I get in the same test locations. Let's see what I get recently... (all speeds in Megabits per second)

3G Download / Upload speeds on six different days:
.27 / .44 .21 / 41 1.15 / .58 .46 / 56 .09 / .49 .20 / .56

That's pretty slow. Interesting note...A few months ago the towers were upgraded around here data wise and speed did improve many times over- for a few days, then it was business as usual. Also the iPhone for Sprint came along.
We've pretty much determined that Virgin Mobile only has one server by using speedtest.net where it keeps going to Kansas for everyone, although lately I have been coming up with Birmingham for some reason (I don't live in AL). So if it goes down, we're all down. Personally I don't experience much data outage at all, and being I'm on WiFi most of the time, no outage!

Again Sprint data wise is very slow, so there goes any video streaming without buffering or having 'all day'. I don't do video at all anyway. I can do things like google maps though I may have to wait a bit for the mapping to fill out. For what I pay per month ($25) I'm Okay with that. I don't do any social media apps at all so I can't tell you what they are like if they require lots of internet access. Oh! That reminds me, Skype is said to work (Only have one camera mind you), but on Sprint 3G? Forget it! Use WiFi. I never tried Skype. I find their 3G good enough for my other needs which is an RSS news reader, and e-mail (push mail at that- something iPhone can't do!),

One thing I like to add- Sprint is out to grab users from any where they can. This should bog down the towers. First you have Sprint post paid users, then Virgin Mobile (sprint pre-paid) users, then the iPhone for Sprint explosion of new customers, Now Net10/Straight talk users piling onto Sprint towers, plus others out there...So much so, let's be honest, it's understandable why Sprint data is very slow.

Camera. The camera is 3.2 megapixel and is auto focus, no flash. Does video also. Works great with barcode/data matrix scanner apps. Pictures suffer from the same LG image compression scheme as a LG Tracfone dumphone! An example...A neighbor has a nice tree that blossoms yellow flowers. I take a pic of the tree in bloom and the yellow is one big blob. Some where on Turk forums I think I threw in a few shots of My Optimus V in comparison against some Tracfones. The quality is the same poor, or typical of dumb phone type cameras. And yet, if you don't look too hard for detail, shrink the picture so you can't see details, you come up with this:
Posted Image

GPS. If it's just like my V, satellite acquisition a very quick. No worries there. Inside my house, which has a metal roof, right now my V sees 8 satellites and all 8 are being used to plot my position. I am not near a window.

Charging. I have details on that but too tired to look them up. It's like 3 hours to charge. This phone is high current source capable. That is to say, it draws .7 Amperes of current. A Tracfone only draws .4. If you use a cheap dollar store (which I never recommend) car charger, it's going to take a long time to charge. The same with just plugging it into your computer (which I never recommend) without drivers to tell the USB port to allow more current flow. I have a long write up on a charger that I reviewed (okay tore apart and analyzed) and can recommend. Motorola SPN5400A (2.2 MB).

You should know by now I'm hard on devices when it comes to reviews. So if I can recommend anything, I feel it must be pretty good. With that said. If this Optimus V offered through Net10 is just like like my Optimus V through Virgin mobile, it gets my thumbs up. It has not let me down yet in 15 months.

Other. As advertised it comes with a 4GB micro-SD card. My V came with 2GB if I remember right which really was enough for me, until I put an 8GB in it, which is only half full today. I see they (through the HSN deal) also give you a gel case. I happen to have one on mine. Twice I have dropped my phone and boy does it bounce like a rubber ball! But, no case damage and no phone damage.

Things to consider
Cell service wise (Sprint)- I myself am fine with their service, but I fear that folks that want 'do-all' with Verizon like coverage and speeds, you'll be well disappointed. You need to consider if you can live with the slow 3G. It may be more palatable if you have access to WiFi for when you need bandwidth.

Realize that this single core processor variant is based on the 'Optimus One' which came out over a year and a half ago. And today we live in a multi-core Android world where screen size has been getting larger, to a point. If you want a good introduction to the smart phone world, this will do the trick. If you are out to impress your friends who have Galaxy S III's forget it. On the other hand, if all your friends have Tracfone's (dumbphones), this phone will impress!

And definitely make sure you have Sprint coverage before considering. No exceptions!

Hope this helps...

KLM

DoctorM
Member Avatar

ALL --

1) I think Turk is probably right, that the HSN mislabeled the phone -- It probably is the Optimus Net, which Net10
has marked with a "NEW" label, meaning it might be a new edition. If the picture is correct, then it is identical to the
LG Optimus 2 (except for the TracFone icon), which appears on the LG website. The manuals for the Optimus Net
and Optimus 2 have a different catalog number and layout, but all the information and physical features are exactly
the same.

2) Even if Turk is right, the HSN special was still one hell of a bargain, effectively offering a smart phone for $50
(+ $50 for the Net10 "everything unlimited" monthly use card... HSN sold a whopping 38,138 units in the 24-hour
special. I doubt if it matters to many if it is the Optimus V or Optimus 2/Net. They all seem to have the same capabilities.

3) My plan was (and still is) to let the monthly Net10 voice and data service expire, and just use the WiFi. I simply
have no need for an unlimited plan of anything. Then I have a VERY capable wireless PDA -- at a very low price,
to supplement my LG 800G for voice calls. It is not the most desirable configuration (two separate phones) but it is
about the lowest cost for acquisition and operation.

In any event, I will verify when the unit is delivered.

Tarkio101

When I ordered my LG 800g from TracFone, putting the minutes on was a separate process. If possible, I'd see
if you could sell the 50 unlimited "card" or access code to someone and get some of the money back for yourself,
that is, if you don't need need it/won't make use of it. Do you know anyone who has Net10 that would want to try
and see if it would work on their phone instead?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Tarkio101
April 8, 2012, 1:47 pm
When I ordered my LG 800g from TracFone, putting the minutes on was a separate process. If possible, I'd see
if you could sell the 50 unlimited "card" or access code to someone and get some of the money back for yourself,
that is, if you don't need need it/won't make use of it. Do you know anyone who has Net10 that would want to try
and see if it would work on their phone instead?
That would be a good idea if the monthly "unlimited everything" came as a card to be activated... But I believe you
have to call HSN, which activates a pin number for the purchase, and it is the pin number (which you supply Net10)
that gives you the first month's "unlimited everything" minutes. This procedure would prevent the sale or transfer to
another phone or party.

This is covered in the HSN getting started instructions at: http://www.hsn.com/cnt/pdf/default.aspx?pdf=183515_WelcomeGuide

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Doctor M --

Some people feel that carrying two devices to be an advantage. ... That is, they don't have to worry about running
their cell phone battery down with PDA activities so that they will always have adequate cell phone power in case
of an emergency.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

UPDATE
Turk was right, the phone actually delivered is an LG Optimus Net (LGL45C).
This thread needs to be moved to the Net10 Optimus Net Phone topic.

Under the HSN special offer, the included first month free service cannot be unbundled (I called HSN to try).
The the way it is implemented (with a pin # tied to the phone's serial number), it can't be sold off to anyone else either
- so I'm stuck with using the included $50 first month service.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
My frame of reference is the LG 800G. Right now I am pretty impressed with the Optimus. Compared to the LG 800G,
the Optimus has a bigger screen, more screens to put things on, more flexibility on where to put widgets, and it seems
to have more capability by an order of magnitude or two (10 to 100 times), thanks to WiFi, GPS, Google stuff, and the
extensive Android app market.

On the other hand, the LG 800G came pre-loaded with a lot of very useful and well executed apps, while the Optimus
only has few pre-loaded apps, and you have to buy additional ones. In particular, I noticed the installed Calendar app
on LG 800G is much more powerful than the Calendar app included on the Optimus. I suspect, however, that I can buy
a better Calendar app for the Optimus.

The signal strength of the Sprint network is weak in my part of town, but I didn't have any problems making or
receiving calls.... However, data and app downloads through the Sprint 3G network was verrrrryyy slowwww.
When I enabled WiFi and hooked into my home network, downloads sped up to pretty fast. This tells me I won't
miss Sprint 3G after my included $50 first month service expires.

One thing I notice already about battery life is that enabling all that power (WiFi, GPS, Browser, etc.) consumes
battery power fairly rapidly. This is a model that is best plugged into a charger at home or in the car, whenever
you are not walking around with it.

In a week or so I hope to have more to say about this model. So far, it looks like a good buy.

KLM
Member Avatar

It's been over a year since I purchased my Optimus V, and I have yet to purchase an app :) That is to say, just about everything you might want can had for free which helps on the wallet.

I don't use calendar at all, so I would not be able to recommend a better one for you.

Even if one has excellent Sprint reception, 3G would still be very slow. I tested mine today at -67dbm down and got .42Mbits/sec. (about 58 kilobytes). So yep, WiFi is our friend.

Yes battery life goes quick as with any smart phone. Once I rooted and used another ROM, my battery life changed to about 45 hours, with the way I use mine. Rooting is already possible with the Optimus Net, so custom ROM's should follow in time.

Battery life management Tips
In the mean time, It would help any user to know just where the juice goes. One place of mass consumption is any 'services' you are running. For example, when an app such as a calendar or an alarm clock uses a special event reminder, it must employ a 'service' to get that job done. When a service is running (all the time) it will often poll the CPU to see if it's time to sound the alarm, etc.. These pollings are very brief but they do suck juice. Some apps with services are very battery conscious while others suck like you wouldn't believe!

So, what I learned to do is, install an app, evaluate it, look to see if it employs a service and if it does, determine whether or not I really need that app or need it running all the time. As I pointed out earlier some apps that require a service are really abusive, and you don't know it. But there's an app for that...to find out.

Posted Image
In the example above, a (now) worthless app called OpenSignal Maps that uses a 'service' can be seen polling the CPU too frequently, keeping the CPU too busy. (note the CPU click is a bit high because it is thinking bout taking the screen shot. usually idles around 10% for me.)

I use an app called SystemPanel by NextApp, Inc. (that uses an optional service by the way!) that can monitor the CPU speed which is ever changing, and a list of apps, and what they are doing. It shows which apps are running services and how much CPU time they are taking up. I don't look at the CPU time as its not a good indicator as far as what's keeping the CPU running at a higher clock rate. Instead there is a little vertical bar graph next to the service app, which I have marked with and arrow. If I see that (using CPU) bar appear every few seconds, then I know I have found the battery killer.

Another juice sucker you don't need are apps with ads. Use the apps yes, but run an ad blocker such as adfree to stop the ads from downloading and using 3G or WiFi to do it. This requires rooting however.

And another tip. Internal memory is limited (not talking abut SD card). So, install apps, evaluate and decided if you really need it in internal memory all the time. Yes you need your e-mail, calendar, maybe weather, and the like, but you don't need 20 games with large file sizes installed all at once because you can't play em all at once ;) I kept all my uninstalled apps on the SD card and when I want something I rarely use, I install it then. It does not take long at all. This sounds inconvenient but not really.

Also note that for some apps, a portion (but not all of it) of that app can me moved to the SD card, thus saving you internal memory. I myself on apps that use the CPU intensively I don't move those to SD out of habit as I do not want the app to slow down. And yet I have moved Angry Birds to SD and noted it played just fine.

KLM

Tarkio101

DoctorM
April 14, 2012, 2:40 am
UPDATE
Turk was right, the phone actually delivered is an LG Optimus Net (LGL45C).
This thread needs to be moved to the Net10 Optimus Net Phone topic.

Under the HSN special offer, the included first month free service cannot be unbundled (I called HSN to try).
The the way it is implemented (with a pin # tied to the phone's serial number), it can't be sold off to anyone else either
- so I'm stuck with using the included $50 first month service.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
My frame of reference is the LG 800G. Right now I am pretty impressed with the Optimus. Compared to the LG 800G,
the Optimus has a bigger screen, more screens to put things on, more flexibility on where to put widgets, and it seems
to have more capability by an order of magnitude or two (10 to 100 times), thanks to WiFi, GPS, Google stuff, and the
extensive Android app market.

On the other hand, the LG 800G came pre-loaded with a lot of very useful and well executed apps, while the Optimus
only has few pre-loaded apps, and you have to buy additional ones. In particular, I noticed the installed Calendar app
on LG 800G is much more powerful than the Calendar app included on the Optimus. I suspect, however, that I can buy
a better Calendar app for the Optimus.

The signal strength of the Sprint network is weak in my part of town, but I didn't have any problems making or
receiving calls.... However, data and app downloads through the Sprint 3G network was verrrrryyy slowwww.
When I enabled WiFi and hooked into my home network, downloads sped up to pretty fast. This tells me I won't
miss Sprint 3G after my included $50 first month service expires.

One thing I notice already about battery life is that enabling all that power (WiFi, GPS, Browser, etc.) consumes
battery power fairly rapidly. This is a model that is best plugged into a charger at home or in the car, whenever
you are not walking around with it.

In a week or so I hope to have more to say about this model. So far, it looks like a good buy.
Doc, I came to the LG 800G from an android phone, so I totally get what you're saying in your comparison.
I agree with you on all your points. The LG 800G is really a pretty powerful phone, as far as what it comes
preloaded with compared to a lot of smart phones... While it isn't so customizable, it does start you off at a
pretty good place.

One thing about apps in android. I would say you can find most any app (ie, a better calender app) for free.
I had an android phone for almost 3 years (the last 6 months using it without active service from a carrier,
just wifi) and I have never paid for an app. There are some really cool ones that just have to be purchased,
since there's nothing comparable for free (games etc) but for simple utility type apps, you'll find plenty for free.

I recommend googling "best free android apps" or some similar phrases and see some people's list of their
favorites. There are just so many out there, it's hard to find them on your own.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Optimus - Net --

When I try to add contacts I keep getting a "Memory Full - Not enough phone storage space."

Any ideas on how to cure this?

Tarkio101

Is there a memory card installed?
If not, you may need to adjust the settings to try to make it save them to internal memory.
Go to settings, then memory info, to see what it tells you about how much free space is available.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Tarkio101
April 17, 2012, 7:28 pm
If not, you may need to adjust the settings to try to make it save them to internal memory.
Go to settings, then memory info, to see what it tells you about how much free space is available.
Yes, the unit comes with a 4GB microSD card. Storage settings are:

SD Card Available space 3.01 GB

Internal Storage Available space 12.65 MB

DoctorM
Member Avatar

DoctorM
April 17, 2012, 8:14 pm
Tarkio101

Never mind. I solved my own problem by moving apps out of internal memory to the microSD card.
Some apps can't be moved to the microSD card, so if I run into this problem again, I might have to
uninstall some apps.

NEW PROBLEM:
How do you delete contacts. This phone downloaded the phone number and email address of every
friend on Facebook, which I don't need in contacts.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

DoctorM
April 17, 2012, 10:30 pm
DoctorM
April 17, 2012, 8:14 pm
Tarkio101

Never mind. I solved my own problem by moving apps out of internal memory to the microSD card.
Some apps can't be moved to the microSD card, so if I run into this problem again, I might have to
uninstall some apps.

NEW PROBLEM:
How do you delete contacts. This phone downloaded the phone number and email address of every
friend on Facebook, which I don't need in contacts.
Never mind. I figured this out also (Googled the question):

Hold your finger down on the contact you want to delete. A sub-menu will pop up. Tap delete.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Net10 LG Optimus Net

I can't seem to download the Amazon mobile store app. It starts, but never finishes.

Anybody have any experience with this... Is my Google Play store blocking Amazon?

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi Doctor M --

I have a Samsung Galaxy Player which uses Android apps, and I have successfully downloaded approximately
40 apps to my player.

Based on what you have posted, I suspect that you have not allowed "Unknown Sources" to download apps to
your phone. The Amazon mobile store app is considered to be an app from an "Unknown Source."

I can't tell you where you might find this setting on your phone, but on my Samsung, I go to "Settings." Then, under
Settings, I click on "Applications," and under Applications is a category called "Unknown Sources." ... So, I have to
checkmark "Unknown Sources" to allow the Amazon mobile app store to download. Once I checkmark "Unknown
Sources," the Amazon app downloads flawlessly.

One final note...I do not leave "Unknown Sources" check-marked once I download an Amazon app or some other
app that is not from Google Play because it is possible for a malevolent app on the Internet to silently download
itself onto your phone if you have left "Unknown Sources" check-marked (allowed). So, once I finish downloading
the particular app that I want, I uncheck (disallow) the "Unknown Sources" until I need it again.

Hope this information helps . . . :)

ShadowDancer

DoctorM
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
April 19, 2012, 2:15 pm
Hi Doctor M --

I have a Samsung Galaxy Player which uses Android apps, and I have successfully downloaded approximately
40 apps to my player.

Based on what you have posted, I suspect that you have not allowed "Unknown Sources" to download apps to
your phone. The Amazon mobile store app is considered to be an app from an "Unknown Source."

I can't tell you where you might find this setting on your phone, but on my Samsung, I go to "Settings." Then, under
Settings, I click on "Applications," and under Applications is a category called "Unknown Sources." ... So, I have to
checkmark "Unknown Sources" to allow the Amazon mobile app store to download. Once I checkmark "Unknown
Sources," the Amazon app downloads flawlessly.

One final note...I do not leave "Unknown Sources" check-marked once I download an Amazon app or some other
app that is not from Google Play because it is possible for a malevolent app on the Internet to silently download
itself onto your phone if you have left "Unknown Sources" check-marked (allowed). So, once I finish downloading
the particular app that I want, I uncheck (disallow) the "Unknown Sources" until I need it again.

Hope this information helps . . . :)

ShadowDancer
I have downloaded Amazon.com on the phone, and I have signed in for purchases, and I have "Allow Unknown
Sources" checkmarked... When I go to the AmazonApp Store widget, and tap the "download now" button, I get a
message saying "starting download," but nothing happens after that. Maybe the AmazonApp Store isn't quite ready
for prime time.

Thanks for the tip on unchecking after downloading.

Snoozer

Dr M or anyone: How do you go about to activate the phone which came from the HSN special? Do you call from the
sheet about getting your free month of service first or do you register if you dont have an account online and then call
the number on the sheet to get the free month?

Also did you have to activate the phone first for it to see wireless hotspots or personal wireless modem? I set up my
wireless and it sees credentials and says it is fine but will not navigate to any web page as the phone screen reads
can not connect to the website.

Are you able to use the 6 free apps and does that (6) website that has the apps let you download more apps to the
phone? Also can you download the apps to your computer and then transfer to the phone? I have ordered a class10
32Gb card and wanted to put the apps to that card instead.

Thanks everyone for the info on the phone!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
April 19, 2012, 10:17 pm
Dr M or anyone: How do you go about to activate the phone which came from the HSN special? Do you call from the
sheet about getting your free month of service first or do you register if you dont have an account online and then call
the number on the sheet to get the free month?

Also did you have to activate the phone first for it to see wireless hotspots or personal wireless modem? I set up my
wireless and it sees credentials and says it is fine but will not navigate to any web page as the phone screen reads
can not connect to the website.

Are you able to use the 6 free apps and does that (6) website that has the apps let you download more apps to the
phone? Also can you download the apps to your computer and then transfer to the phone? I have ordered a class10
32Gb card and wanted to put the apps to that card instead.

Thanks everyone for the info on the phone!
The HSN activation guide gives the following (which is what I did):

Step 1: Get your promotional unlimited monthly plan PIN from HSN (HSN telephone number given). You will
input your HSN order number and your zip code. What you get is a 15-digit pin number, which must be used
within 60 days.

Step 2: Activate your phone with Net10. You can do this on line. You must input the 15-digit code you got from
HSN in order to activate the phone. If you don't then you'll have to buy a $50 unlimited monthly card before the
phone will activate.

I did turn on the phone before steps 1 and 2 above, but I turned it back off before step 1.. I didn't play with the
phone too much before activating, so I can't say what would have worked without activating. I would think the
WiFi would work, but you would have to find a WiFi network and set it up first.

I have an AT&T wireless Gateway in my home as part of my broadband and tv service. I hooked up to it after the
phone was activated (after step 2). I don't remember exactly the steps I took, but I think it was (Settings/Wireless
& netwoks/Wi-Fi or maybe Wi-Fi Protected Setup., then Search for WiFi networks, then input the password. In my
case, I input the gateway network key, rather than the gateway password.

You have to turn on the WiFi (Settings/Wireless & netwoks/Wi-Fi) and put a green checkmark in the box.
The same for 3G data, if you don't have WiFi available... But my experience with the 3G data connection is that it
is very slow. In fact, a message came up on the phone recommending I switch to WiFi when I downloaded on 3G.

There are times I can't connect to the web through the WiFi, and then I revert to 3G. I haven't figured out why
sometimes this happens, but sometimes when i check to see if the WiFi is activated, I see it was off (no green
checkmark in the box) so I turn it back on.

Once I was activated and had the WiFi on, I had no problem downloading the 6 free apps included... I don't
remember now whether there were more apps there or not. The website is www.avanquest.com/app-pack/10384/

I haven't tried downloading to my PC first. I suspect you can. One thing I did learn is that downloading direct to
the phone puts the app in internal memory, and you then should transfer it to the micrSD card. Otherwise your
internal memory will fill up, and you won't be able to put new contacts or more apps. To move apps from internal
memory to the microSD, just hold your finger down on the app until a sub-menu pops up with the option to move
to SDcard.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

LG HBS 700 wireless (Bluetooth) earphones

I got these earphones several months ago for the LG 800G.

But they were incompatible (people I called could not hear me) But they work great with the LG Optimus Net.

Snoozer

Thanks Dr M for the info!

I noticed in the Wi-Fi setup that you have to the protected setup also to get it to connect ... I thought the wireless
worked like any other phone as when it saw a network wirelessly if you provided the key it would automatically
connect but with this phone it isn't so. I believe it is on the second home screen at the top left that you can toggle
the wi-fi where it connects you where you dont have to go into the wi-fi settings to turn on every time.

I don't have the phone activated yet so you can do the wi-fi connection at home or any hotspot say McDonald's, etc.
without even activating the phone!

So now if I could figure how to close the internet pages and its settings would be great to know.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
April 21, 2012, 7:31 pm
Thanks Dr M for the info!

I noticed in the Wi-Fi setup that you have to the protected setup also to get it to connect ... I thought the wireless
worked like any other phone as when it saw a network wirelessly if you provided the key it would automatically
connect but with this phone it isn't so. I believe it is on the second home screen at the top left that you can toggle
the wi-fi where it connects you where you dont have to go into the wi-fi settings to turn on every time.

I don't have the phone activated yet so you can do the wi-fi connection at home or any hotspot say McDonald's, etc.
without even activating the phone!

So now if I could figure how to close the internet pages and its settings would be great to know.
It's good to know the WiFi works without activating the phone with Net10.

I don't see any WiFi toggle switch on the main screens. What does it look like?

You probably can't see this, since you haven't activated yet, but it looks like you are either on WiFi or 3G.
If on 3G, it appears to turn off WiFi, and if you enable WiFi it appears to turn off 3G. That would make sense.

Snoozer

DoctorM
April 21, 2012, 8:43 pm

You probably can't see this, since you haven't activated yet, but it looks like you are either on WiFi or 3G.
If on 3G, it appears to turn off WiFi, and if you enable WiFi it appears to turn off 3G. That would make sense.
The phone has 5 homescreens: if you slide to the right one time at the top of the screen, not the status bar, but the
screen at the top are five switches and on the far left is the wi-fi switch to turn it automatically on it is left of the blue
tooth switch not sure of middle switch but next right of center is the sync switch and far right is the brightness of the
display switch. Using these switches are an easy way to turn off and on thus saving the battery and not leaving them
draining away the power.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
April 21, 2012, 10:12 pm
DoctorM

The phone has 5 homescreens: if you slide to the right one time at the top of the screen, not the status bar, but the
screen at the top are five switches and on the far left is the wi-fi switch to turn it automatically on it is left of the blue
tooth switch not sure of middle switch but next right of center is the sync switch and far right is the brightness of the
display switch. Using these switches are an easy way to turn off and on thus saving the battery and not leaving them
draining away the power.
Can you take a picture of what you are referring to. I still don't see any switches. Could it be an app you downloaded?

Snoozer

DoctorM
May 5, 2012, 2:32 am
Snoozer
DoctorM

draining away the power.
Can you take a picture of what you are referring to. I still don't see any switches. Could it be an app you downloaded?
I don't have the phone with me at the moment, but the only thing I think that might have been different than what
you are saying is that I went in i believe either in the settings or one of the apps when you touch the lowest middle
button on the main home screen which is a square of white dots. I think in the apps there was a software update
screen and when update was complete it made my icons for the apps get about 10-15% larger.

The update is the only thing that I think might have changed this but I think I recall that this screen was there when I
went through the first viewing and playing with the phone. Also if you look at the far bottom of the screen on the left
and right there are white dots. Maybe two on the left and two on the right... Anyways, if you hold down on either five
squares with the home screens come up and your can tap any of those without sliding to each screen but if you select
the screen left of center at the top should be those five icon switches that you can tap to turn on which will light a
green light sort of like a green underline under the switch(box) and the far left is for wireless , I think middle is for gps
because it looks like a satellite with small Parathesis getting larger to the right 3 times and the one the right is for
brightness of the screen. All are either on or off except the brightness can be toggled either 3 or four times for varying
levels of brightness.

Also, if the app for updating phone software isn't there you can see if it will update by going into the settings app and
going to about phone, at the last menu on the bottom after you slide it up and I think it may be in the status part or slide
through the about phone sections. IF this doesn't help I may be able to check into for you tomorrow.

Snoozer

Also on this phone has anyone linked their Google account to phone yet?.. If so can you only do it when you
have phone signal? I try to do it without signal with just my home's dsl wireless and it says account isn't valid.
Also if you do have it set up did you have to adjust email settings for receiving mail?.. The only way I can use
maps with wireless or the places or navigation or latitude feature seems as if they want you to have a cell signal.
If anyone can elaborate that has had this phone it would be greatly appreciated... Have a good day!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
May 5, 2012, 8:20 am
Also on this phone has anyone linked their Google account to phone yet?.. If so can you only do it when you
have phone signal? I try to do it without signal with just my home's dsl wireless and it says account isn't valid.
Also if you do have it set up did you have to adjust email settings for receiving mail?.. The only way I can use
maps with wireless or the places or navigation or latitude feature seems as if they want you to have a cell signal.
If anyone can elaborate that has had this phone it would be greatly appreciated... Have a good day!
I think I had the same experience as you -- that some of these apps want access to the cell line before they
will continue. Maybe they are set to "phone home" each time before they can be used.

I'll want to play with this some more to be sure. Right now I'm on the included "unlimited everything" card.
But in a couple of weeks, when I'm off it, I'll see what works and what doesn't.

Snoozer

Snoozer
May 5, 2012, 8:04 am
DoctorM
Snoozer
DoctorM

draining away the power.
I don't have the phone with me at the moment, but the only thing I think that might have been different than what
you are saying is that I went in i believe either in the settings or one of the apps when you touch the lowest middle
button on the main home screen which is a square of white dots. I think in the apps there was a software update
screen and when update was complete it made my icons for the apps get about 10-15% larger.

The update is the only thing that I think might have changed this but I think I recall that this screen was there when I
went through the first viewing and playing with the phone. Also if you look at the far bottom of the screen on the left
and right there are white dots. Maybe two on the left and two on the right... Anyways, if you hold down on either five
squares with the home screens come up and your can tap any of those without sliding to each screen but if you select
the screen left of center at the top should be those five icon switches that you can tap to turn on which will light a
green light sort of like a green underline under the switch(box) and the far left is for wireless , I think middle is for gps
because it looks like a satellite with small Parathesis getting larger to the right 3 times and the one the right is for
brightness of the screen. All are either on or off except the brightness can be toggled either 3 or four times for varying
levels of brightness.

Also, if the app for updating phone software isn't there you can see if it will update by going into the settings app and
going to about phone, at the last menu on the bottom after you slide it up and I think it may be in the status part or slide
through the about phone sections. IF this doesn't help I may be able to check into for you tomorrow.
Did you find the screen I described here? If not, look on page 42 of the LG45C manual and it shows the 5 screens
I am talking of. The screen 2 (left of center) is the screen I am trying to explain and the switches are there at the top
of the screen. Switch 1 from the left is wireless,2-bluetooth,3-gps,4-sync, and 5-brightness.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
May 6, 2012, 6:59 am
Snoozer
May 5, 2012, 8:04 am
DoctorM
Snoozer
DoctorM

draining away the power.

levels of brightness.

Did you find the screen I described here? If not, look on page 42 of the LG45C manual and it shows the 5 screens
I am talking of. The screen 2 (left of center) is the screen I am trying to explain and the switches are there at the top
of the screen. Switch 1 from the left is wireless,2-bluetooth,3-gps,4-sync, and 5-brightness.
OK, I see what you are talking about now. I think it is all associated with the little green android robot icon... I saw a
similar display for the music player, but I drug it to the waste can to get it off the screen. Now I can't find it anywhere.
There has to be a way to resurrect it, but I can't figure out how.

NEVERMIND -- I found it. You can toggle it on the screen by pressing on a blank spot until the "Add to Home Screen"
Menu pops up, then tap WIDGETS, then go down the Widget list until POWER CONTROLS, then tap it, and the little
menu you are talking about displays... You can put it on any screen you want, and anywhere on the screen.

Snoozer

I need to see what I need to do to get my radar stills or animated radar to appear on my phone. Do I need to have
an app to do it because when I go to wireless internet or 3g the web page to access radar comes up with text and
menus but no picture of radar. This happens on weather . com , intellicast any radar... Please help!!!!

Snoozer

I need to see if any one has rooted this phone. If so, is it possible to root so that many of the features Net10 has
locked down where you can't use them wirelessly can be overridden?

Also, how long does it take anyone on their LG Optimus Net LG45C to acquire the GPS signal when not using
service on the phone? It takes me close to 30 minutes to get signal.

I need to know if there is a way to get it to speed up either phone or app... Thanks. ^o)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
June 30, 2012, 1:49 pm
I need to see if any one has rooted this phone. If so, is it possible to root so that many of the features Net10 has
locked down where you can't use them wirelessly can be overridden?

Also, how long does it take anyone on their LG Optimus Net LG45C to acquire the GPS signal when not using
service on the phone? It takes me close to 30 minutes to get signal.

I need to know if there is a way to get it to speed up either phone or app... Thanks. ^o)
Haven't rooted it. Probably wont. I'm thinking of selling it in a few months and getting a 7" tablet.
I don't have cellular service with this phone (I let it lapse). But supposedly I still can make 911 calls.
I have the data (3G) feature turned off. I couldn't get it anyway, without cellular service.

Right now, I can't even get the LG Optimus Net to connect to my home WiFi now.
Never mind, it came on... Crap, now its back off again...
Now its back on again - seems to be related to battery charge. I plugged in to the battery charger.
OK. I solved this problem -- it was the Easy Battery Saver app turning WiFi off to extend battery life.
I disabled this app.

GPS apps (Maps, Lattitude, Compass) seem to work ok. GPS sort of useless without a map displayed.
Once WiFi stayed on, Google Map loaded a map in a few seconds. GPS doesn't seem to have a map,
it keeps internally in the unit. Maybe I need a different app for that.

I don't know how well the GPS works without WiFi. It should not need WiFi, but it does need a map.
I haven't tried going cross-country with it. Screen, even on brightest setting, is hard to see in sunlight.

The Compass app seems to acquire my coordinates quickly, in a few seconds, even inside the house
with the WiFi off. This indicates the GPS is very sensitive.

That's all I know... I hope some of it might help.

UPDATE:
The GPS Apps Lattitude and Maps don't appear to update position without a connection, either WiFi or cellular.
That is an app issue, and I would bet there are apps that will update position without being connected.

Snoozer

How do u turn off 3G? Will this dismiss can't find signal message that u have to dismiss?

I can see progress of GPS on a map already brought up on Google. Maps.

Just wondering if no 1 can tell me of a free easy 2 understand GPS driving app... Thank you

Snoozer

Doctor M, do you know how to root phone as I am a novice to knowing? What kind of tablet you looking into?
As I am getting experience, I know that screen is too small for me to be staring at too long... It might give me
cross eyes!! Hah! As to previous post I am wondering if rooting the phone would turn off the annoying service
message being out because me not using the Net10 service anymore.

If anyone needs a phone to use as a pda wirelessly and they can get a used one pretty cheap and you don't
mind size of screen this phone will work great for it as long as there is not any Sprint service in your area.
(check with coverage maps on Sprint's website for info) Get a google email account if you don't have one and
you can load google services. Also download google play to download apps.

If you save contacts as google contacts in email it will transfer them to your phone... If you have problems down
loading apps you go into managing apps and delete Google play and go out to the market green and white app
which is located on the home screen that is right of center home screen. It will let you download as many as you
would like if you have the internal memory.

After that use if you later get on the phone and you have no new email coming to your phone go and delete google
play again and then refresh your email and/or go to market app to download apps again. (All these instructions are
for experiencing problems when using phone without Net10 service and now wanting to use Wi-fi only as a get around).

Tracfone shouldn't be able to get away with holding down the services just because no one carries their service.
If they want people to have a contract, they should bind them to it, therefore, it should be against the law for not
letting the services that are sold on their phone models to be restricted!!!! SHAME DOUBLE SHAME!!!!!!!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Snoozer
July 1, 2012, 10:42 am
Doctor M, do you know how to root phone as I am a novice to knowing? What kind of tablet you looking into?
As I am getting experience, I know that screen is too small for me to be staring at too long... It might give me
cross eyes!! Hah! As to previous post I am wondering if rooting the phone would turn off the annoying service
message being out because me not using the Net10 service anymore.

If anyone needs a phone to use as a pda wirelessly and they can get a used one pretty cheap and you don't
mind size of screen this phone will work great for it as long as there is not any Sprint service in your area.
(check with coverage maps on Sprint's website for info) Get a google email account if you don't have one and
you can load google services. Also download google play to download apps.

If you save contacts as google contacts in email it will transfer them to your phone... If you have problems down
loading apps you go into managing apps and delete Google play and go out to the market green and white app
which is located on the home screen that is right of center home screen. It will let you download as many as you
would like if you have the internal memory.

After that use if you later get on the phone and you have no new email coming to your phone go and delete google
play again and then refresh your email and/or go to market app to download apps again. (All these instructions are
for experiencing problems when using phone without Net10 service and now wanting to use Wi-fi only as a get around).

Tracfone shouldn't be able to get away with holding down the services just because no one carries their service.
If they want people to have a contract, they should bind them to it, therefore, it should be against the law for not
letting the services that are sold on their phone models to be restricted!!!! SHAME DOUBLE SHAME!!!!!!!
I think I won't be too much help to you, but here goes --

ROOTING -- (Also called Jail Breaking for Apple phones.) I've only heard the term and read a little about it - I haven't
actually done it. My understanding is that one purpose is to remove the ties that bind the phone to a particular carrier,
as well as install some apps the carrier might not otherwise allow. It usually voids the phones warranty. Here is a link
that discusses the pros & cons:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smartphones/pros-and-cons-of-jailbreaking-or-rooting-your-smartphone/1460

Also, do a Google on "1-click root LG Optimus Net" and a whole gaggle of links appear, including UTube videos.
Many rooting apps are listed.

3G -- It is a data channel using the cellular connection. I'm not sure exactly how they manage it, but the cell tower
repeater knows what is data and what is voice. 3G data isn't very fast, and WiFi is the preferred transmission means,
but entails a whole different system. If you don't have a cellular connection, then you won't have 3G either. On the
LG Optimus status bar at the top of the screen, you will either display the WiFi icon (a quadrant of concentric circles),
or the data icon (1X, or 3G).

You can turn Data off [SETTINGS >> WIRELESS & NETWORKS >> MOBILE NETWORKS >> DATA ENABLED
(remove the check mark in the box to disable Data)]. When data is off, some "phone home" apps might not work,
even if WiFi is on and connected.

GPS -- As far as time to acquire a GPS signal -- You have to have a clear view of the sky.. GPS satellite frequencies
are line-of-sight signals and do not penetrate structures the same as cell phone frequencies do. Generally you can't
receive well enough inside your house or apartment or any building. The same in your car - the GPS antenna (which
is inside the phone) needs to be well forward on the dash to get a clear view of the sky through the windshield --
which also means you probably cant see the screen well... That's why an external antenna option is desirable,
especially for vehicular GPS. GPS receivers require a minimum of three satellites (and prefer four or more) in order
to render your position. And the satellites being received can't be too close together, or to close to the horizon. That
means you need to be able to see a big piece of the sky. In some location (in a city surrounded by tall buildings, in a
canyon, or in a forest of tall trees) receiving sufficient satellites may be problematic.

Also, if you are using Google maps, it appears to require a connection, either WiFi or 3G, as it is a cloud app.

Tablet -- I would like something like the Optimus Net, only with a bigger screen. I like the idea of a 7" tablet, but I think
the only pocket you could fit one in would be a big cargo pant's pocket... Also, few of the tablets I've seen have GPS.
You could always add a GPS app and an external antenna, I guess.

I really like the Galaxy S-III, which is a phone. I especially like the white case. It has a 4.8" screen, and will still fit in a
pocket easily. I'm not too keen on the $550+ no-contract price, though.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
Crazy4az:
July 5 2012
Does anyone know if this phone (LG L45C/Net) supports a flash player, and if so, which one and what version?
DoctorM:
July 5 2012
Goggle only recommends Adobe Flash for certified Android devices. You can find a list of Google certified
devices at the following link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flashruntimes/certified-devices.html

The Optimus Net (L45C) is listed as certified for Flash (FP 10.3).

There is a tab at the link (Downloads) that has a path to download Adobe Flash.

UPDATE: I just scanned a barcode on line and got the result that the version offered (on the Adobe website)
(version 11) was incompatible with the Phone.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

My Net10 Optimus Net finally went belly up after six months. It may be just the battery gave out -- This model is a
real battery hog and requires constant charging. But Net10 is sending me a whole new phone (same model) - no
hassle on the warranty.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* DoctorM .... just wanted to say that, that's good they are sending you a whole new phone.

* No hassles what so ever ... that's because they want that airtime money (lol) ... phones are basically throw aways.

* Let us know how the new phone turns out, even though you're not activating it ... thanks .. ;)

Sir Turk B-)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

@ Turk -- will do.

Had to send the old unit back (they sent me a pre-paid FedEx envelope) before they will send me a replacement.
I just sent if off Saturday,

I just realized that I am only assuming they will send me a replacement. Maybe they will just put in a new battery
and send the old phone one back to me, if that is all that it is. I didn't have an extra battery on hand at the time to
check to see if it was just the battery. I ordered a couple of batteries and an external battery charger for about $9
on eBay so I can carry an extra battery in the future.

UPDATE 16 Sep 2012...

Received the replacement phone yesterday afternoon. It is a "reconditioned" phone. Not a scratch on it though, and
has a "limited" one-year warranty. I have to activate it ($50/mo unlimited plan) if I want a phone number assigned, so
won't be able to make 911 calls until (if) I do. I probably won't activate it at all. I use my LG 800G for communications,
and the L45C only as an "iPod."

I put in my old microSD card, and everything is on it - pictures, music, videos. I don't see any downloaded apps, though.
I should be able to download them again from Amazon or Google stores without paying for them again -- We'll see.

Connected to my home network by WiFi.
Updated the firmware/software successfully.
Paired Bluetooth to my LG 800G.
Copied my contacts over, though I can't call them without activation. I could send them emails on WiFi though.

I can't figure out how to access the folders on the microSD card from the menu. I can do that on the LG 800G, so I
should be able to do it on the L45C. May have to read the handbook again. Nevermind, it is through the Polaris Viewer.

Well, every thing seems to work as well or better than before.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

I didn't notice this before, but I don't see anyway to form a group of contacts -- not that I'm going to use this phone
to text anyone... But it is a smart phone, and the LG 800G, which isn't, has groups.

annepani

DoctorM
September 10, 2012, 10:02 pm
UPDATE 16 Sep 2012...
Copied my contacts over, though I can't call them without activation. I could send them emails on WiFi though.
What about phone calls using google voice/grooveip? I don't think you need activation to make phone calls using that.

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

DoctorM wrote:
UPDATE 16 Sep 2012

--------------------------------

Annepani wrote:
What about phone calls using google voice/grooveip? I don't think you need activation to make phone calls using that.

In addition to Google Voice, you can make calls through apps such as TextPlus and Pinger's Text Free using
Wi-Fi. I'm sure there may be other apps that do the same thing with which I'm not familiar, too... I suspect that
the voice quality wouldn't be too good, but it can be done... Of course, the apps charge for these phone calls.
But, these apps automatically access your phone's Contact List for numbers.

Text messaging using these apps over Wi-Fi are free. And, TextPlus and Text Free offer free MMS messaging
over Wi-Fi, too. It's only phone calls that cost money.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

ShadowDancer
September 17, 2012, 2:24 pm
DoctorM wrote:
UPDATE 16 Sep 2012

Annepani wrote:

In addition to Google Voice, you can make calls through apps such as TextPlus and Pinger's Text Free using
Wi-Fi. I'm sure there may be other apps that do the same thing with which I'm not familiar, too... I suspect that
the voice quality wouldn't be too good, but it can be done... Of course, the apps charge for these phone calls.
But, these apps automatically access your phone's Contact List for numbers.

Text messaging using these apps over Wi-Fi are free. And, TextPlus and Text Free offer free MMS messaging
over Wi-Fi, too. It's only phone calls that cost money.

I have my LG 800G for voice and text. And I will run out of time before I even get close to running out of minutes.
For my purposes, it serves all my mobile phone needs.. I really don't need a smart phone. I got the Optimus Net
because for a very small price it serves very well as an iPod substitute, and that's all I use it for. Its only negative
is its small screen.

It just surprises me that the LG Optimus Net, which is a smart phone, doesn't have some of the features that the
fabulous little 800G has, such as groups of contacts. I suppose someone might have an app that makes groups
for the smart-phone crowd. I haven't really searched for that.

I do use VOIP.. I use MagicJackPlus regularly, which is my second line, used mostly by my daughters, who tie up
that line for hours. I think it costs me less than $2 a month ($100 over 5 years -- 100/60= $1.67) when all the costs
are factored in. You pay it all up front. There are no monthly or usage fees. It's hooked directly into my home network
(no longer necessary to plug into my computer.) It also have very good voice quality.

MJ+ has a free app for the iPod and iPad, which allows one to call out on WiFi for free.. I put it on my wife's iPad.
Pretty good voice quality. You can also get a phone number from them for a small fee and accept incoming calls
on the iPad or iPod. I don't think they a have an app for Android tablets or devices yet.

I'll take look at the other apps you mention, though I'm not looking to do that for myself, because I always have my
under-utilized LG 800G in my pocket.

tugalodan

Is it necessary to close the browser connection on the L45C when you are done with an internet session, or do
android phones close that connection automatically. I'm not referring to a WiFi as that closes when you disable
that connection, but the browser built into the phone. It's not nice to give a smart phone to a not so smart person.

Thanks, tugalodan

DoctorM
Member Avatar

tugalodan
December 12, 2012, 11:59 am
Is it necessary to close the browser connection on the L45C when you are done with an internet session, or do
android phones close that connection automatically. I'm not referring to a WiFi as that closes when you disable
that connection, but the browser built into the phone. It's not nice to give a smart phone to a not so smart person.

Thanks, tugalodan
Generally, on Android phones, including the L45C, true multi-tasking exists, and everything you activate continues
to runs until you turn it off. That's why a kill app is nice - to make sure that all unnecessary apps are off.

As far as the browser goes, it can use either the WiFi or the 3G to connect to the internet.. And on some apps, like
Google Maps, both WiFi and 3G can be used in the same session. So turning off WiFi may only causes the app to
switch to 3G (if it is on). The L45C allows you to turn 3G and WiFi on and off independently of each other, but most
people will leave 3G always on.

From a cost standpoint on an unlimited plan, it doesn't make any difference if your browser continues to run on 3G.
And so far, the unlimited plan is all you can use. But if you were paying by the minute, you would want to make sure
either the browser was off, or that 3G was off (or both).

The biggest concern for the L45C is that it is a battery hog, and multi-tasking apps are a big reason for that.
So you would want to kill all apps that you aren't using -- to reduce battery consumption.

tugalodan

Thanks Doc, the battery thing does concern me, and I'm figuring that out slowly but making progress.

The thing I need help with is how do I turn off the browser have not been able to find anything in the manual.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

tugalodan
December 12, 2012, 3:48 pm
Thanks Doc, the battery thing does concern me, and I'm figuring that out slowly but making progress.
The thing I need help with is how do I turn off the browser have not been able to find anything in the manual.
You can check through the Settings app -- [MENU > SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > Manage Applications > (tap on
"Running" icon in the upper right hand corner just under battery icon & time) > (a list of running apps appears -
select the app(s) you want to kill by tapping on it) > STOP > (a message may appear "Stop System Service") > Yes]

You'll notice there quite a lot of apps and sub-apps running, though many will be in a standby mode.. Many of them,
such as Android System, and Maps, you can't really kill, (they either ignore your instruction, or they may immediately
re-install themselves.)

If the Browser is listed as a running app, then you know it is running -- You can kill it as above.

tugalodan

DoctorM, once again thank you for your help, that's exactly what I was looking for.

tugalodan

techno1210
angel1023
The LG Optimus Q has just dropped in price to 129.99..... $50 off on what it used to be, 179.99.

Might be clearing room for new phones I hope. :)

mdonah
Member Avatar

Just downloaded and installed TextPlus AND Text Free on my inactive Net10 LG L45C, also purchased
some minutes for calls... I'm just going to have to be within range of a wifi signal when I use either.

But both apps WORK to perfection. :D

Thanks again people — I LIKE this forum!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.