Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Straight Talk LG 505c
Topic Started: March 28, 2012, 12:48 am (35,402 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I saw this new phone out for sale, for the first time ever!
* The new Straight Talk LG 505c -- price was $90 -- and as you can see they had a bunch of them for sale.
* I had my Turkberry (r355c) on me, so I took a few pictures ... the mythical LG 505c has appeared! (lol) ;)
* The box says it only has a 1.2mp camera instead of a 1.3mp camera ... I find that kind of odd ... anyway...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Here is the LG 505c tutorial link for this phone if anyone is interested.. ;)

* Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?

* Maybe the Tracfone / Net10 version isn't too far behind?

T u B-) r K

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Holy Toledo, Turk! ... Obviously, it will appear for Net10 shortly, and for Tracfone in 2013.

Since Wal Mart is selling it for $90, Straight Talk’s website will probably sell it for $110.
They seem to sell all their CDMA phones for $10 to $20 more than Wally World does.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KLM
Member Avatar

I still can't believe how much inventory your many Wal-marts have Turk.
By that I mean, mine is still trying to push that 139c, and one other really old model. I think it's a Samsung.
I need to take a pic of the W.M. TF/NET10/ST section some time and post it...

Battery talk time up to 2.5 hours?

Thanks for the post Turk :)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Thanks for the "heads up" and the photos, Turk! :D

Yesterday, I checked my local Wal-Mart, which is a mini-super store, for the Straight Talk LG 505c. They had it.
My initial impression -- it's small and aimed at Tweens and teenagers with small hands and fingers . . . . As we
have posted elsewhere on this Forum, the phone is based on the LG Cosmos Touch which was designed for the
same age groups. ;)

ShadowDancer

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was back at the same Walmart last night where I originally saw this LG 505c phone in the pictures above.
* It was dead in the phone dept, so I started chit chatting with one of the workers there, and he owned this phone!
* So he let me look at it, and play around with it, and let me take some pictures of it with my Turkberry (r355c).
* Some pictures may be a little blurry, it was hard holding the 505c in one hand and taking pictures with the other hand.

* Some quick notes: it seemed like a really nice, alittle hefty, solid built phone - nicer than I thought it would be.
* The keypad was kind of small, but I was able to type a text message fairly decent, better than I thought I'd be able to.
* The keypad buttons had a nice feel to them as well, even while typing on it - it had a solid, smooth click.
* The screen resolution and menu resolution was very clear and sharp - but screen did seem a little small or narrow.
* I couldn't move the airtime widget on the screen - it seemed to be permanently placed in the upper right hand corner.
* Touch screen touch was good and responsive - all in all a nicer phone than I thought - glad to have seen it in person.
* That is all I can say about it, for I only had about 5 minutes with the phone -- special thanks to that Walmart worker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

rozzberry

Turk
March 28, 2012, 12:48 am
* I was at one of my many Walmart stores today, and I saw this new phone out for sale, for the first time ever!
* The new Straight Talk LG 505c -- price was $90 -- and as you can see they had a bunch of them for sale.
* I had my Turkberry (r355c) on me, so I took a few pictures ... the mythical LG 505c has appeared! (lol) ;)
* The box says it only has a 1.2mp camera instead of a 1.3mp camera ... I find that kind of odd ... anyway...

* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

Posted Image

If you don't mind me asking, which Walmart were you at?
I live about 45 minutes north of the 'Burgh... None of the 3 near me have the LG 505c yet.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
rozzberry:

If you don't mind me asking, which Walmart were you at?
I live about 45 minutes north of the 'Burgh... None of the 3 near me have the LG 505c yet.
* rozzberry .... it was spotted at a Walmart about 45 minutes East of Pittsburgh, about 20 minutes from where I live.

* Only 2 out of 5 Walmarts around me had this phone and the new Samsung r455c in stock as of 2 weeks ago.

* But, I've been back to those Walmarts recently, and both phones are sold out right now, CDMA phones go quick!

* Only bad thing is, when all my Walmarts sell out of CDMA (Verizon) ST phones, they seem to never get more in? ^o)

* All I can say is, keep checking any Walmarts you pass by, maybe the phone will show up one day ... good luck. ;)

Turk*Mart B-)

ShadowDancer
Member Avatar

Hi Rozzberry,

I live outside the 'Burgh, too, and like Turk reports, my local Wal-Mart had both the LG 505c and the Samsung r455c
phones available for Straight Talk at the beginning of the month. They disappeared in a flash. So, perhaps you need
to begin asking your Wal-Mart stores when do they expect to get the LG 505c phones, or even, when do they expect
to get another shipment of the LG 505c phones. ;)

ShadowDancer

mgraber

I been looking all over for the LG 505c, including Walmart online and Straight Talk, and have had no luck in being
able to purchase one. My ST phone I have now is not working right, so can someone help me as I like this phone.

Thanx in advance.

rozzberry

One of my 3 nearby got the LG 505c last week & another one just got it this week. I bought mine as soon as I saw it.
So far I'm pretty happy with it... Only bad thing, no cases for sale in stores.

Anyone know if the LG Attune cases would fit the 505c? - I haven't seen the Attune in person, but online it looks
awfully similar to my 505c. Main reason I ask is because online there seems to be more case options with ones
labeled for Attune.

mgraber

rozzberry
April 23, 2012, 1:22 am
One of my 3 nearby got the LG 505c last week & another one just got it this week. I bought mine as soon as I saw it.
So far I'm pretty happy with it... Only bad thing, no cases for sale in stores.

Anyone know if the LG Attune cases would fit the 505c? - I haven't seen the Attune in person, but online it looks
awfully similar to my 505c. Main reason I ask is because online there seems to be more case options with ones
labeled for Attune.
If you do not mind asking what area are you from? - I'm from Fort Wayne Indiana area and have had no luck finding
one yet. Several different cities have them but they say they can't ship to me or my nearest store. If anyone can help
I'd appreciate it very much. My current ST phone is giving out and I need a replacement... thanx for any help.

annepani

mgraber
April 23, 2012, 8:33 pm
If you do not mind asking what area are you from? - I'm from Fort Wayne Indiana area and have had no luck finding
one yet. Several different cities have them but they say they can't ship to me or my nearest store. If anyone can help
I'd appreciate it very much. My current ST phone is giving out and I need a replacement... thanx for any help.
Maybe someone could buy it for you and ship it to you.
USPS Priority Mail would be about $7.50 and you could do it by paypal or whatever.

There are none in any Walmart around me or else I would do it for you.

mgraber

annepani
April 23, 2012, 9:00 pm
mgraber
April 23, 2012, 8:33 pm
Maybe someone could buy it for you and ship it to you.
USPS Priority Mail would be about $7.50 and you could do it by paypal or whatever.

There are none in any Walmart around me or else I would do it for you.
If someone would do that for me I would sincerely appreciate it.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
rozzberry:

labeled for Attune.
* rozzberry ... I'm pretty sure they're the same phone, that's what most people say across the internet about this phone.

* I am not saying to go ahead and buy a LG Attune case for it... for if it doesn't fit, I don't want to be blamed. (lol)

* But I think the Attune case will fit - but it is up to you - and if you do buy one, let us know if it does fit? ... thanks. ;)

LG Atturk B-)

jwaller

:$ Is the LG 505c cell any good, or just ok ?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Now available from Straight Talk’s site... Took them long enough.

Posted Image

hootersfone

I see from the picture here that the LG 505c is "CDMA".
Wife had a Samsung with CDMA and service, was not good where we live.
Took it back and got a Samsung with GSM service and it is much better, but she doesn't like the phone!
I have a LG 800g w/ GSM and works great here.
Anybody know if the LG 505c comes in a GSM version? ... She wants a "hard" keyboard!

niceman

I got this phone from Tracfone about 3 weeks ago. It is a CDMA phone which is what I wanted because CDMA
is Verizon, and Verizon is the best coverage/reception in NYC... I get same reception as I got from my Verizon
phone in my apt.

My main problem with this phone and Tracfone in general is that there is no way to block a text message.
I am paying for a lot of SPAM text messages and I have no recourse to stop them other than changing my
phone #, which I am not doing, as I have had this number for over 10 years and I'm not changing it.
(Verizon would block any # for me on request, and refund the cost.)

My 2nd problem with this phone is that when you are trying to touch-scroll on a menu it registers as a touch,
so you end up selecting something you didn't want at least half the time (for me)... Luckily there is not many
long menus that require scrolling, maybe 2. This may be less of a problem as I get used to the phone.

My third problem is the LOCK button, it is too easily accidentally pressed in my pocket. With two soft presses it
unlocks, and then you will be pocketdialing the Vatican.. I have already pocket-dialed my mother, my wife, and
pocket-texted someone else. Unlike the LG Beacon there's no way to set it to require a security code when you
press the unlock button. Only when the phone powers up.

Other than these 3 things, I like the phone and service, and so far have no regret switching to Tracfone.

The hard keyboard is great if you text a lot. The camera is decent enough, though no video is kinda a bummer,
but I don't really care. I already dropped it once, I wish it had some kind of gel casing I could put it in, but I could
see a problem with it sliding the keyboard out then.

Update: You can use the same cases for this phone as the LG Attune(US Cellular) and the LG Beacon(MetroPCS).
I bought a Beacon case at the MetroPCS store and it fit perfectly.

Edit: Also want to say ALL Bluetooth functionality works. I imported my phone book and regularly transfer pictures
I take with the phone to my computer with bluetooth, and my headset works as well.

I hope this review is useful for someone.

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

hootersfone
June 7, 2012, 9:31 am
I see from the picture here that the LG 505c is "CDMA".
Wife had a Samsung with CDMA and service, was not good where we live.
Took it back and got a Samsung with GSM service and it is much better, but she doesn't like the phone!
I have a LG 800g w/ GSM and works great here.
Anybody know if the LG 505c comes in a GSM version? ... She wants a "hard" keyboard!
Have u tried looking on the Site an see the phones in your area that has one?

hootersfone

Looked there, but they don't tell you what the service is.

My LG 800g did not even say on the box. I figured out from the SIM card in my phone that it was GSM.

niceman

Listen, its simple... The C in 505C stands for CDMA. The LG 505 (NO C) is the GSM version.

That said, I don't think Tracfone carries the GSM version.

Just google the phone model and the word "specs" and you can easily find out any phone is gsm or cdma.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
hootersfone:

My LG 800g did not even say on the box. I figured out from the SIM card in my phone that it was GSM.
* hootersfone ... hi ... the LG 505c doesn't have a GSM version.

* I don't think there are any GSM phones available so far that have a hard keyboard like the 505c.
--------------------------
* On the front of the LG 800g box, it shows a GSM logo in the lower left hand corner, maybe you missed it?

* All ST boxes have a logo on them at the bottom telling you what service it is on: CDMA-Verizon, GSM, CDMA-Sprint.

TURK-Verizon B-)

hootersfone

Suddenly it hit him like the wet slap at the end of a cold fist....duh "c" CDMA ..."g" GSM.
Guess I'm just not very cell phone savvy to not figure that out!
(What do you expect from a guy that drives a car built in 1954? LOL)
She has a Samsung T404g, that one is GSM service and slider keyboard... but doesn't like the phone.

OBTW : If anybody in Ohio is looking for a LG 505c ... Walmart in Mount Vernon has them!

tnell

Is anybody else having problems downloading apps?

jimsangelmomma

Hi everyone, I'm new here...
I read previous posts here and other places and did my research before I bought this phone. The LG 505c is great.
It meets all my expectations and more. The 1.2 mp camera takes sharp pictures. I was pleasantly surprised when I
put the animated aquarium on it as a wallpaper and it actually works! No more static screens for me. Another great
feature is the slideout keyboard. Its set up like a computer keyboard with all the numbers on the top row where half
blind oldsters like me can easily find them.

I have successfully downloaded several apps such as youtube, opera mini, and google maps. Yes, it does support
Java but not all apps will work. I found lots of great free apps,ringtones and wallpapers for this phone... Just type in
Java apps in your browser. You can also visit Myxer.com, getjar.com and reddodo.com. Just a few of my favorite sites.

The size of this phone means it fits easily in palm or pocket. With a touch screen and a slide out keyboard its the best
of both worlds for me. I also don't have to worry about pocket calls or pocket browsing anymore. I can actually hear
any mp3s I play without having to hold the phone to my ear. I would definitely recommend this phone to my friends.

980phatgirl22

I need help, I just brought a lg 505c phone from straight talk and I need to know at the very top its icons beside
the signal bar, what are they, and I have no bars at all, help please... thanks, sugar love.

annepani

980phatgirl22
October 12, 2012, 4:19 pm
I need help, I just brought a lg 505c phone from straight talk and I need to know at the very top its icons beside
the signal bar, what are they, and I have no bars at all, help please... thanks, sugar love.
Hi sugar love,
Here is a link to the online tutorial and 101 page manual. They should get you started answering some of your
questions about icons and such... This should help a lot.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=STLG505C&locale=en_US

tigerred

Hi Turk, I hope that you can help. I just bought the LG505c over the weekend, and it's a pretty nice phone. There is
one thing, however,that is absolutely driving me nuts and seems to be no way to rectify.. The lock feature engages
every time the screen goes dormant after a call, text, whatever---so if you want to answer the phone, it can be done,
but you cannot enter any digits to leave voice mail (as in a pound key to leave your message), can't text, can't look
at your texts, etc without "unlocking" via the thumb on screen or on the side of the phone.

I couldn't leave a voice message yesterday because the prompt required me to enter "pound" in order to send
message. By the time I look at the phone, hold the "unlock" button down, get to the screen with the pound sign,
the other person's voice mail hung up on me. I have tried EVERY way to make a permanent UNLOCK, but there
are few and straightforward instructions---enter "lock" or "Unlock" in Security---not rocket science--and it doesn't
matter what is done, the phone goes into lock mode as soon as call or text screen goes dormant. I have been all
through the book, the web site, the phone itself--tried the "lock" button on the side of the top right of the phone - nope.

No matter what, it must be unlocked in order to perform any feature. I have used the default code, tried changing to
a new code....do you have any ideas? This this is going back to WalMart if Straight Talk can't help--which is, by the
way, so covered up with phone calls that "call back later" is the auto-attendant hell message ... Can you tell that I'm
very frustrated? ... What Phi Beta Kappa came up with this brilliant idea? ... Thank you.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* tigerred ... hi ... sorry for the late response ... I missed your question, until now ... I've been busy lately...

* I can't really answer your question about your "phone lock" problem, for I don't own this phone and never did.
* In my previous posts above, I took pictures of this phone from someone I ran into that happened to have it.

* My Motorola ex124g has a "phone lock - slide unlock" thingie also, and this is how to un-activate it on the ex124g.
* Since my phone has it, maybe the steps are the same as the LG 505c phone? ... try it and see...

> go to menu
> go to settings
> go to security
> under security settings is: auto keypad lock on my phone - click on that...
> then choose off or on

* See if that is on your LG 505c ... if not, then I can't help anymore, sorry ... maybe it doesn't have that option?
* If it does have that option and it still doesn't work right for you, maybe you do have a bad phone after all?

* Maybe someone else with this phone may know ... but if no one helps, then I guess you decide if you want to keep it.
* Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is ... thanks.. ;)

Turk B-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Straight Talk only Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.