Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 505c Phone Topic
Topic Started: February 2, 2012, 12:35 am (10,001 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

* The LG 505c coming to Tracfone/Net10 isn't out yet, even though it's been advertised on their websites for weeks now.
* I thought I would just go ahead and start up an Official Topic for it while we wait... and wait... and wait... (lol)
* It's a slide out keyboard / touchscreen phone, with a 1.2mp camera (no recorder), has an MP3 player, and is CDMA.

Posted Image

Turk B-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr

* Here is the LG 505c tutorial link for this phone if anyone is interested.. ;)

* Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?

T u B-) r K

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

Turk
February 2, 2012, 2:52 am
* Here is the LG 505c tutorial link for this phone if anyone is interested.. ;)

* Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?

It looks nice.

DChronos

I signed up here just to inform about the LG 505C.

I got an LG 800G and found out I couldn't use it in my area, despite the Wal-Mart site saying I could. I then
learned of news about this LG 505C being the first and only CDMA tracfone phone to have a touch screen
and stuff, so I called and asked them about it last week.

According to their managers, and the head office (800-876-5753), the LG 505C was "shipped out" on March 23, 2012.

I'm still being told that is the only information they have, which is ridiculous... they don't even have the
actual price, or the date they'll have it up for sale, despite it being "shipped out" to stores.

I think there needs to be an influx of people calling and asking about this phone and for it to be put on sale
or something for them to finally respond and provide that info and put it up for sale.

Again, 2 Tracfone managers and 2 Reps at the head office number all say it was shipped out on March 23.

I'm personally running out of time to do the exchange for this phone with another one I can actually use...
they better have it soon.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was back at the same Walmart last night where I originally saw the Straight Talk LG 505c version of this phone.
* It was dead in the phone dept, so I started chit chatting with one of the workers there, and he owned the ST LG 505c!
* So he let me look at it, and play around with it, and let me take some pictures of it with my Turkberry (r355c).
* Some pictures may be a little blurry, it was hard holding the 505c in one hand and taking pictures with the other hand.
* Tracfone's Samsung r455c is $60, I have a feeling this phone will be $60 or higher in price, because of the touch screen.
* PS: remember, these are pictures of the Straight Talk LG 505c - not Tracfone's or Net10's - so don't be confused.

* Some quick notes: it seemed like a really nice, a little hefty, solid built phone - nicer than I thought it would be.
* The keypad was kind of small, but I was able to type a text message fairly decent, better than I thought I'd be able to.
* The keypad buttons had a nice feel to them as well, even while typing on it - it had a solid, smooth click.
* The screen resolution and menu resolution was very clear and sharp - but screen did seem a little small or narrow.
* I couldn't move the airtime widget on the screen - it seemed to be permanently placed in the upper right hand corner.
* Touch screen touch was good and responsive - all in all a nicer phone than I thought - glad to have seen it in person.
* That is all I can say about it, for I only had about 5 minutes with the phone -- special thanks to that Walmart worker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

Perhaps it has something for everyone :) including no Browser trap button/un-removable icon!

Thank you for sharing that Wal-Mart worker and Turk. :)

Masked Superstar
Member Avatar
Masked Member
Howdy Turk,

Thanks for sharing those pictures, it looks like a really cool phone... My wife and I have been waiting patiently for
awhile now for this phone and the Samsung 455c to show up. I see the Samsung 455c has appeared on Tracfone's
website for 60 bucks and has triple minutes for life. But my wife wants to see the LG 505C first, to see what the price
will be, and then decide what new phones we will buy. She is tired of her LG 290c because now she wants a qwerty
keypad so she can text better and faster. :)

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

It's finally being offered for sale at the TF web site for $89.99, just FYI.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
It's about dang time!

Posted Image

annepani

BobbyLee
May 23, 2012, 11:00 am
It's finally being offered for sale at the TF web site for $89.99, just FYI.
BobbyLee! You're back!

annepani

The Sweeper
May 23, 2012, 11:16 am
It's about dang time!
I just ordered mine... Should be here Friday.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks everyone for the update - what's funny is that the LG 505c wasn't on the website yesterday and now it is.

* Once again, here is the LG 505c tutorial link for this phone: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com

* Here is also the Tracfone.com Sales Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?

* Anyway, the phone has Triple Minutes for Life, which is good... but $90 seems like a lot to me for this phone.

* I won't buy it at that price, maybe at $60, plus, I don't care much for slide out keyboards, as mentioned before on here.

* All I know is that I am running out of time on my Turkberry (r355c) and I am coming back to Tracfone after that.

* So all it looks like for CDMA Verizon phones this year will be the LG 501c, Samsung r455c, and the LG 505c.

* None of those phones really appeal to me, or make me go "wow, I got to get that phone!" - so I don't know what I'll do?

* Maybe I'll have to switch back to a new, cool GSM phone that might come out for Tracfone this year? (who knows)

* I said it before on here, that I wish Tracfone would just put out the Samsung r375c + TMFL and I would be happy. ;)

T u B-) r K

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Mine has arrived, but seeing as I am at work, I can't crack it open right now.

Posted Image

annepani

The Sweeper
May 25, 2012, 12:30 pm
I'm so jealous. Go ahead. Rub it in, rub it in. Mine doesn't get here until 3 pm.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
annepani
May 25, 2012, 1:10 pm
The Sweeper
May 25, 2012, 12:30 pm
I'm so jealous. Go ahead. Rub it in, rub it in. Mine doesn't get here until 3 pm.
I had to have mine shipped to where I work. I don't get home until 5PM and I would have no time to drive 30 miles to
the Fed Ex facility to sign for it, and there was no way I was going to wait until Tuesday for this.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I'd like to know if anyone has loaded Opera Mini on their LG 505C yet? I'm also interested in some feedback on
the reception and voice quality. Is there a notes app or an email program (like the EX124G had)?

I see in the manual it has GPS but are there any apps that can make use of the information? TIA

EDIT ADDED: So, did the folks who ordered it the first day it was offered get the $10 gift card they're offering now?
I didn't notice it there originally so just wondered... Don't forget to update your PRLs every so often. :)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper & annepani ... whenever you two (and others) get more time to play with this phone, give us your thoughts.

* Feel free to give us your thoughts, opinions, (pictures?), reviews, and any other good stuff you can think of.

* Also, let us know if you really think it's worth $90? ... I love CDMA, but I feel it's not a $90 phone. (not hatin', just sayin')

* Thanks to everyone that contributes to this phone topic.. ;)

TURK B-)

annepani

Wed 5:30 pm: I ordered it at 5 pm today.. Missed the 3 pm cutoff for next day delivery (boo hoo) so will have to wait until Friday.

I went through bigcrumbs. 21% off, but it links to offers.tracfone.com, not the regular Shop Phones page. I linked within tracfone to the regular page and got to the LG 505C. We'll see if 21% applies to the regular phones or just to the ones they are clearancing on offers.net10.com.

With the 21% it comes to about $76 including sales tax and shipping (free). BigCrumbs now pays directly to a Mastercard prepaid debit card. No more going through PayPal. Never used the card before. We'll see how well that payment method works.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observation: The LG 505c is about the same as the LG Rumor Touch that Virgin Mobile had a couple of years ago for about $70. At that time considering the state of the industry it was a good phone for a good price.

Even though it is two years behind and more expensive than many prepaid androids currently available, it is the best that Tracfone offers right now so I'm opting for it. And when the S390g with WiFi is released, I will try that too.

With Tracfone, it is a matter of clawing your way into the present, rung by rung.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fri 3:30 pm. It got here at 2 pm, about an hour earlier than the FedEx truck usually shows up. I have it charging now.

Yes, the LCD is 2.8" TFT. The slider keyboard seems smaller than on the Sam T401g or Sam T404g but actually the keys span the same area. It is the blank margins around the keyboard that account for the difference in keyboard sizes.

The power jack is microUSB and the headset jack is 3.5mm.

The phone overall is the same size as the LG 800 but the screen of the LG 800 is slightly wider. I had hoped it would be a little larger, about the size of the Moto EX124, but no. Oh well, it'll do.

I haven't added minutes yet but I will soon to confirm that TMFL is in effect. I remember the first Trac Sam T404's only gave single time -- no DMFL or TMFL even though they were advertised TMFL. So I'll check that.

If somebody can tell me how to upload photos to some photo storage website I can try to get started on that. I don't have photobucket or any of those sites so I would need suggestions on which ones to look into.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fri 5:30 pm I just sent an email from the phone to my pc. Not a text, an email. It charged .3 mins, the same charge as a text, and the server was @vtext.com.

I emailed a picture from the phone to my pc. It came through correctly and the server was @mypixmessages.com. This was email, not picture messaging. The charge was 1.00 min connection charge plus .5 per minute which is the same -- picture messaging, email with picture and data all charge the same. Then emailed a picture from the pc to the phone and that came through correctly as well.

Bluetooth file transfer from a Sam T404G to the LG 505C worked fine for photos, didn't try other files.

Now if someone can explain how to upload photos I can do some of those too.

annepani

Here are answers to questions I got asked on another forum..

Is the phone fat?

1 - Where is the microSD card located? Is it beneath the battery? I hate removing the battery just to access my microSD.
2 - Can you connect the 505c to the computer via cable and access the microSD card that way?
3 - Is the dreaded "browser" button still there? If it is, is there a way to change the location of this evil button?
4 - Can you take pictures with the 505c and post it here? Everyone wants to know the quality of the pictures. Yes, I know, it won't compete with modern smartphones, I just want to know if it's comparable or more superior than that of my LG500G.
5 - How's the mp3 player on the 505c? I hate, but grown to get used to, the mp3 player of my LG500g.

1 - The microSD card slot is externally accessible from a slot in the side of the phone. You do not remove the battery cover or the battery to get to it.
2 - I connected the phone to a pc via a Samsung USB data/charging cable. Windows saw the card and seemed to transfer a photo but it didn't. I don't know why it didn't work but I know it was a good cable.
3 - There is no browser button. The browser is an app on the second screen and you can drag and drop the widget onto the home screen if you want.
4 - I don't know how to post pictures to the forum. If someone tells me how, I will do it.
5 - I haven't tried the mp3 player.

By the way, I think it takes a 16GB microSD card.

Whoops, almost forgot. The phone is fat. Heavy, too. It is a slider/qwerty, after all, so face it -- it's fat and heavy.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

annepani,
Have you made any calls with it yet? Still waiting to hear how the voice quality is. The LG 800G had really
good voice quality when I compared it to my EX124G that I dumped my EX124G for it.. None of my CDMA
phones I have had (LG 220C, LG 231C, LG 501C, and Samsung R451C) have as good a voice quality as
the LG800G, so I'm interested in your opinion/comparison. Also, have you loaded any apps like Opera Mini
or did they really screw it up and put BREW on it like the R451C? TIA

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The LG 505C has Java as Opera Mini installs and works fine.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
May 28, 2012, 1:42 pm
The LG 505C has Java as Opera Mini installs and works fine.
Thank you, that's nice to know because I want Opera Mini, the Facebook app, and the GMail app ver 1.5 on it if I
get it. Now if someone could tell me that the voice quality is as good as the LG 290C which folks thought was so
good or that it rivals the LG 800G which I really like maybe I'll switch over to the LG 505C for my CDMA phone.

The LG501C/EX124G were horrible in my opinion, the LG220C/LG231C/LG500G/LG420G/401G all sounded OK
but overly compressed digitally, I forget how the R451C sounded (once I realized it had BREW it was history), my
LG800G rivals my landline when it has a good signal. The LG455C sounds really good from the recorded messages
I've listened to (no people because I haven't activated it yet).

So, if someone can tell me the voice quality is really good, I'll plan get it as soon as the sales start and the price
comes down a bit more... After the EX124G ^o) I'm hesitant on paying $80 (minus the BigCrumbs discount) for
another one of their phones.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Here are a couple of pics snapped with the LG 505C … No flash, so obviously it takes better pics outside than inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

gothroughphonesfast

I'm about to purchase this phone and I would like to know two things...

1. What games come on it (preloaded)?
2. Is this phone android app compatible?

Thanks

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Games are all demo versions...

1. Let's Go Bowling
2. Platinum Solitaire 3
3. Uno

Since it is a feature phone, I doubt it is Android app capable.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Is there a voice recorder on the LG 505C that allows for long recordings? I like the recorder function and thought it
was pretty standard on most of these phones but I just found out the only recorder function on my Samsung R455C
is one to record a new ringtone and it is limited to 60 seconds, I need more than 60 seconds. TIA.

Also, any feedback on the voice quality of calls would be greatly appreciated too.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The voice recorder has 2 settings: 1 minute and 60 minutes.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
May 30, 2012, 4:52 pm
The voice recorder has 2 settings: 1 minute and 60 minutes.
Thanks Sweeper, that's one more plus for the LG 505C over the Samsung R455C in my book. I guess the 1 minute
setting is for MMS recordings and the 60 minute setting is for anything else you want to record. Made any calls with
your LG 505C and if so how does it sound, good, bad, overly compressed?

Also, were those pictures you posted straight from the camera?... I notice they were only 1024X768 and both were
less than 105 KB. Was that with the phone camera set for max size and superfine?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* annepani and Sweeper .... thanks you two for all your information so far on this phone, it is much appreciated.

* annepani ... if you're still looking for an online photo album to post pictures with, I use Tinypic & Photobucket.
* They are both now owned by the same company (Photobucket) ... Tinypic is very basic and very easy to use.
* However, Photobucket has more fancy things you can use on it, if you like to do a lot of picture editing, etc.

* I have some LG 505c questions...
- does anyone know if you can use a full length MP3 song as a ringtone? ... and how does the song sound on it?
- does anyone know how the voice quality is when talking to someone else on the phone? (good, decent, or bad?)

* Thanks for any or all help.. ;)

Not MP3, but MPT, T as in Turk B-)

Masked Superstar
Member Avatar
Masked Member
I want to say thank you to you all for all the information you guys are posting on this phone. My wife and I are looking
to buy new cdma phones soon and we have been waiting for this phone and the Samsung R455C to both come out
so we can compare them and the prices... Both seem like nice phones, but that 90 dollar price tag kind of makes me
leery. I see the R455C is on sale at Target this week for 50 dollars and they both seem to have the same things, other
than a touch screen on the 505C. So down the road, I could get two R455C's on sale for almost the same price of one
LG 505C... Just think, I was able to get our LG 290Cs for only 15 dollars a piece a few years ago on sale.. So seeing
$90 makes me go "Huh?" :huh:

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I would have thought there would have been more discussion about this phone after waiting 8 months for it to
show up. Still no word or comparisons of voice quality? At least the LG505C came with a couple of preloaded
games, my R455C didn't come with any.

annepani

BobbyLee
June 5, 2012, 2:20 am
I would have thought there would have been more discussion about this phone after waiting 8 months for it to
show up. Still no word or comparisons of voice quality? At least the LG505C came with a couple of preloaded
Hi BobbyLee and everyone else who wants to know about voice quality. I did check it out.
I have a lot to do today, and when I am done with that I will post a reply.

I think maybe not so much discussion on this phone because other phones came out at the same time.

annepani

BobbyLee
June 5, 2012, 2:20 am
@BobbyLee

I use a cell phone mostly as a PDA, then to a lesser extent as a texting / picture messaging device, then voice calls,
and lastly as a camera. So I am maybe not the arbiter of voice quality. But here goes.

I compared calls on my LG 505C with my LG 800G (ATT sim) which I have had about a year.

Using the LG 505C I called my neighbor on her ATT iPhone, She said the call sounded normal on her end, about
the same as any other phone I have used to call her. On my end, the call sounded muffled as if there were cotton
balls between my ear and the earpiece. But I never hold a phone up against my ear so not a demerit for the phone.
Then I switched to speaker and she said the call still sounded normal, not like being in a tunnel, no echo, clipping
or other effects. On my end the phone on speaker was very weak, not appreciably different from being directly on
the handset. I did not use a headset, either wired or bluetooth so I don't know how that would affect call quality on
either end.

Then for comparison I called her on the LG 800G, again holding the phone away from my ear which is what I usually
do, even on my VoIP home phone. She said on her end the call sounded about the same as the LG 505C and on my
end the call again sounded muffled as if coming through cotton balls, about the same as on the LG 505C... Then I
switched to speaker, again she said the call sounded the same as being on the handset, no clipping effects, echo or
sounding like you're in a tunnel. But on my end the LG 800 on speaker was a CHAMPION. I could have heard the call
clearly in Grand Central Station at rush hour. Again no wired or bluetooth headset.

So in my test the only difference in call quality between the LG 800G and LG 505C was the LG 800 on speaker was
the runaway winner. Otherwise the two phones were the same on both ends.

This was only to compare call quality, not the ability of the phone to grab a signal or how prone it would be to drop
or not drop connections.

You sound hesitant about what to do. But if you like the voice quality on the LG 800, I would say go ahead and get
the LG 505C. It is certainly worth a closer look and you can return it in 30 days if it ends up you prefer the R455C.

I for one am happy that Tracfone has finally given us choices even if no one phone has everything and no matter
which phone you choose you still have to give up something.

And I am still planning to try out the Samsung S390G when it comes out. .... Hope this helps.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

annepani,

Yes, I am hesitant about what to do, because when I plan on moving to a new phone I transfer my phone number,
days, and minutes to that new phone. Based on a lot of the comments on the Tracfone and Net10 Facebook pages,
they're losing more and more phone numbers in the transfer process lately, sounds like their systems are breaking
down or are getting overwhelmed so the fewer transfers I need to make the better in my opinion. If you haven't noticed
Miami customer service is getting harder to reach lately with them transferring calls to the normal customer service
more and more.

Thanks for the input on the voice quality, glad to hear that it sounds as good to you as your LG800G but since you
described it as listening through a cotton ball I guess I'll wait and see if anyone else has anything really positive or
really negative to say about it. Besides, maybe they will start dropping the price soon since it doesn't look like a lot
of folks took the plunge at $90, they're already offering the $10 gift card as an incentive and maybe they'll follow that
soon with a $10 or $20 drop. Maybe I got a defective LG 800G but mine sounds as good as my landline even with
just one or two bars showing and I would really like that clarity with whatever phone I choose as my new CDMA and
the R455C sounds really good from what I've been able to check without activating it. Can you hear me now. :)

When the Samsung S390G w/WiFi comes out I would be interested to know how restricted the WiFi is before I
consider getting that one. I could care less about YouTube videos, my interest would be to see if we'll be able
to make VoIP calls using Skype or the Google Voice app (or via the native browser and the Google Voice mobile
web page).

I would love to use my LG 800G as a PDA, but to me the calendar and number of events is seriously lacking. My
priorities are voice calls, texting, camera (just in case I need to document an accident like the one where a couple
of pictures saved my butt), and then internet browsing and playing videos of previously viewed television programs
just to kill time. To each his own... Thanks again.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I think maybe another reason this phone isn't being bought or talked about much (besides costing $90) is that
* it isn't in stores yet. I think that makes the most difference. Most people probably won't even know that Tracfone
* has this phone out unless they see it in a store while shopping.

* Plus, the Samsung r455c came out a few months ago, and I think everyone jumped on that phone first.

* I have another question about the LG 505c...
> Can the Airtime widget display on the screen be moved around or removed completely off the screen?
> Or is non-movable? (I couldn't seem to move it on the phone I played with from Walmart a few months ago).

* Anyway, I found this video review of the LG 505c on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_E1WLEing
- does anyone know who this guy is that made this video? -- his name sounds awfully familiar.. ;)

TurkTube B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I can't get the airtime widget to move at all, so it's on there for good, it seems.

Yes, Turk, the maker is familiar...
I hated it, but by the time I got around to deleting it, I had comments on it and questions mailed to me.
I didn’t post it here because, like I said, it stinks. I don’t do a lot of video reviews, and now you can see why.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... thanks for the answer about the airtime widget, I kind of figured it can't be moved, but just making sure.

* Your video was okay, it didn't stink ... I always feel that any phone video or phone review is better than none at all.

* Since you and annepani have had this phone for over a week now, do you two really like it so far? ... is it worth it?

www.Turk.com B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Here is my opinion...

I think that this is a great phone.. It is “high end” for Tracfone, and it moves them (at least the CDMA side) closer to
phones of today. Do I think it’s worth $90? No. It is literally in the middle of other versions of the phone. The Attune
for U Prepaid is $50, the Beacon for Metro PCS is $60, the 505C is $90, and the Extravert can be from $80 to $110.
Like Turk, I believe the high price is because it is not available in stores right now. I honestly believe that the 505C
is a $70 phone.

I have found the keyboard a little cramped for my large fingers and I will probably be moving my number to either
the S425G or the R455C before the week is out, and then I will ‘retire’ the LG 505C.

niceman

Can someone that has this phone please try this, doing this makes my 505c freeze EVERY time.

Unlock phone and scroll left to the text message conversation bubbles where it shows the texts you send/received
in little text bubbles. (text conversation screen?) now touch one of the text bubbles. As soon as I do this, the phone
completely freezes for a few minutes unit it restarts itself... Is it my phone or does this happen to everyone?

Edit: actually it seems to be one specific text that causes the problem, one from Tracfone. What the hell Tracfone?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I would love to see the screen that shows the little text bubbles that niceman is referring.

If someone could post a picture, I would appreciate it. TIA

annepani

Somebody on another forum (userid niceman) just posted that the LG 505C runs on BREW, not java.

So no java apps ... Is that true?

How do you check what OS is in a phone anyway?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

annepani
June 17, 2012, 2:08 pm
Somebody on another forum (userid niceman) just posted that the LG 505C runs on BREW, not java.

Sweeper already said he installed Opera Mini, so it's Java.

annepani

BobbyLee
June 17, 2012, 2:31 pm
annepani
June 17, 2012, 2:08 pm

Sweeper already said he installed Opera Mini, so it's Java.
OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I see over on Net10's website that the Net10 version of this phone is finally out for sale ... price is the same, $90!

* Net10.com Link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?

* If the Net10 one is $90, then Tracfone's should at least drop to $70? -- I bet $90 is killing this phone, or maybe not.

* There doesn't seem, so far, to be much activity on this phone across the internet world... (not hatin', just sayin') ;)

Inturknet B-)

bikemannc

I now own the LG 505C and it's a pretty good phone as far a Tracfone goes.. Sound quality on a cell to cell, cell
to landline, etc. sounds good, just like on a landline handset to handset. Speaker phone mode is the same also.

I have large hands and fingers and texting in better via the keyboard than the screen (personal preference, not
performance).. The optional touch screen is good also, I just prefer to touch a button once.. Also, I really enjoy
being able to switch between keyboard/screen keys mid text; had the Motorola W376G Tracfone before this one
so, though ancient tech in the last phone, I know, this is excellent for myself.

Am having a tough time understanding how to send or load up a different Ringtone so any instruction is welcomed.
Tried sending it via my computer and Attachment but no luck. Really enjoy the original t.v. theme off the first Mission
Impossible show but atm am at a loss... How about we trade info and I'll share something ya'll want concerning this
phone/ you tell me how to get this ringtone.

Oh, anyone know how to remove the battery? Told to just slide the case off doesn't even begin to move the case
cover... Want to get a back up battery or two as it doesn't last much beyond a day. And mine is on 24/7.

hollzlucky13

One question I have about the LG 505C. Does anyone happen to know how to determine which towers that phone
will run off of? I live in a very rural area where the phone will either run thru sprint or verizon towers, and verizon is
what I need. Any ideas? ... Thank you. :)

As for removing the battery, you do have to apply some pressure, but the arrow right above the camera indicates
which direction the back case needs to slide in order to take the back off.. I hope that's what you were looking for.

Havasrung

To find out which set of towers the phone runs on, try sending a text from the phone to your email address.
If the email was sent from "@vtext.com" you have Verizon, "@messaging.sprintpcs.com" if the phone runs
on Sprint... Hope this helps.

Snoozer

hollzlucky13
August 9, 2012, 10:18 am
One question I have about the LG 505C. Does anyone happen to know how to determine which towers that phone
will run off of? I live in a very rural area where the phone will either run thru sprint or verizon towers, and verizon is
what I need. Any ideas? ... Thank you. :)

As for removing the battery, you do have to apply some pressure, but the arrow right above the camera indicates
which direction the back case needs to slide in order to take the back off.. I hope that's what you were looking for.
Go to verizon.com on their web page and go to coverage maps. Input your zip code and look at map near where
you live to see what coverage is available. Also go to Sprint's webpage. Compare the two and if verizon is stronger
the 505c should work as most of the phones for Tracfone model number ending in a C service is carried through
Verizon's towers. If you get the android type phones from Straight talk or Net10 for the most of them the service is
with sprint. There is one of the newer phones with straighttalk i believe that uses verizon towers. Near the bottom
of the box the model # of the phone will read 000-V which stands for verizon... Hope this helps! ^_^

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Shopcelldeals on eBay is selling a refurbished LG 505C for Tracfone for $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manufacturer-Refurbished-LG-505C-with-Triple-Minutes-for-Tracfone

An older phone, but worth the $20.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for that bit of info ... that's not a bad deal at all ... even if it is reconditioned.

* I also see that shopcelldeals has this same phone along with a 200 minute card deal -- all for only $40.

* That's like getting the phone for free ......... anyway, you can't go wrong with either special.. ;)

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manufacturer-Refurbished-LG505C-with-600-Minutes-&-Triple-Minutes-for-Tracfone

---------------------------

* It's also for sale on HSN.com for $90 - includes Phone + 1 year of service + 1450 minutes + car charger + phone shield.

> http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-505-no-contract-smartphone-tracfone-service/7119327

TurkFone B-)

sunnie

I learned more in last weeks then ever about cell fones like GSM or CDMA and I needed the CDMA for my area so
I went from the 840g to the 505c and really like it so far... But is there a way to have a ring tone for the calls coming
in, but only a vibrate for incoming texts? ... Thanks in advance.

annepani

Hi sunnie, Welcome to Turk Forums.

Here is a link to the online tutorial and 101-page user manual for the LG 505C... You will find a lot of helpful
information there. The link to the manual is at the bottom of the column on the left.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLG505C&locale=en_US

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since there seems to be renewed interest in the LG 505c.. Ebay has a whole selection of LG 505c configurations
available through seller shopcelldeals and prices are probably cheaper than anywhere else right now, including
using cashback sites. So I prepared this list so people can quickly pick out the one they want. These are available
through the shopcelldeals ebay store.

$16.99 Refurbished TMFL 20 min / 60 days
$20.99 New TMFL 20 min / 60 days
$34.99 Refurbished TMFL 600 min / 90 Days
$44.99 New TMFL 600 min / 90 Days
$89.99 New TMFL 1200 min / 1 year

Hope this helps some...

sunnie

Thanks anne, I'll see if I can figure this bugger out.. :) :)

kevdogg329

Anyone know how to turn off the missed call notifier on this phone?

kevdogg329

Havasrung
August 9, 2012, 11:26 am
To find out which set of towers the phone runs on, try sending a text from the phone to your email address.
If the email was sent from "@vtext.com" you have Verizon, "@messaging.sprintpcs.com" if the phone runs
on Sprint... Hope this helps.
There is also @email.uscc.net if the phone is set to run of U. S. Cellular.

Marcia

I've been using my LG 505C as an MP3 player that I run through an amplifier to my outside speakers...
I've updated my cell phone to the S738c do no longer need this as a phone but it's been working great as a
basic MP3 player. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can use for a good quality wireless speaker
system I can attach it to so I can use it indoors, too?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Marcia
December 23, 2013, 4:58 pm
I've been using my LG 505C as an MP3 player that I run through an amplifier to my outside speakers...
I've updated my cell phone to the S738c do no longer need this as a phone but it's been working great as a
basic MP3 player. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can use for a good quality wireless speaker
system I can attach it to so I can use it indoors, too?
Just Google "wireless Bluetooth speakers" and you will get a lot of hits, many with user reviews.
You can also search that term in ebay and Amazon.com. Quite a price range.

sunnie

LG 505c - Picture Zooming?
I'm unable to zoom in or out when taking a photo with my camera, at one time I know it worked (I think) but it will
not now... I'm not sure if there is a setting that I turned off or what... It is the volume up and down buttons that are
suppose to do this but won't, any help would be terrific. Thank you in advance.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* sunnie ... hi ... here's a link to the LG 505c camera tutorial that member tfuser19 posted for you - see if it helps any.

* LG 505c Camera Tutorial Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam;?tutorials

* Only thing I can think of off hand is, see if you have your picture quality on the highest setting (resolution)?

* I know some Tracfones (including mine) don't allow zooming when the picture setting is set on the highest quality.

* Let us know if that's what is causing the zooming problem? ... thanks and good luck .. ;)

Turk = Highest Quality B-)

sunnie

Turk
February 15, 2014, 1:59 am
* sunnie ... hi ... here's a link to the LG 505c camera tutorial that member tfuser19 posted for you - see if it helps any.

* LG 505c Camera Tutorial Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam;?tutorials

* Only thing I can think of off hand is, see if you have your picture quality on the highest setting (resolution)?

* I know some Tracfones (including mine) don't allow zooming when the picture setting is set on the highest quality.

* Let us know if that's what is causing the zooming problem? ... thanks and good luck .. ;)

Turk = Highest Quality B-)
You're awesome Turk, that's exactly what my problem was, it was set on highest resolution, set it down one setting
and works perfect... Thanks again Turk and your great site. :)

Marcia

I have an old, inactive Tracfone LG 505c that I only using for music ATM. I'd like to reactivate this phone with
a new number. I do not want to transfer my number to it, just activate it with a totally new number. Problem is
when I call customer service they want my phone number (which is NOT assigned to this phone). Can't I call
direct and get them to assign a new number to this old phone?? I can't seem to connect to a live person, and
none of the automated options work. Do I need to buy an airtime card first?, or get the new# first. Why is this
so difficult?

tfuser19

@Marcia,
Yes, you need airtime/service days to activate any Tracfone if you're not transferring from an existing Tracfone.

It's best for you to buy the airtime on your own, then go to the Tracfone website or and use the Activate New phone link.
So you don't even need to speak with Tracfone CSR to do this if you don't wan to.

Marcia

Thanks! I'll do that. Seems a bit backwards, but I guess it makes sense. I like that little phone.
I want to cancel my landline and keep the 505c in the house for those that I don't want to have my Samsung738c cell phone # like my MIL. ;D

Should I buy it out in town - an actual hard card or is this something I can do in my slippers at home on the web?

Turtley
Member Avatar

I would buy the card in town unless it's a long drive... You can purchase a card on Tracfone website during activation
using a credit card. I'm not sure what other payment options are available as I've never purchased a card from Tracfone.
Activate online as Tfuser19 said above and follow the instructions provided. You'll be up and running in a few minutes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.