Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... What grade would you give Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk's customer service?
A
B
C
D
F
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Roaming in Canada with Tracfone/Net10?
Topic Started: December 31, 2011, 3:19 pm (6,038 Views)
sadi85
Member Avatar

Can anyone confirm if Tracfone/Net10 roams in Canada? I'm going to Canada for a few days, I was wondering
whether my Tracfone LG 420g (on AT&T) will roam in Canada ... I regularly use a Straight Talk Samsung r355c
(on VZW), that does not roam in Canada.
(Though in Niagara Falls City, ON, I can use it on VZW & it works in Toronto when I'm on top of CN Tower on VZW).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

sadi85,
If you don't hear anything about using it in Canada how about using it while you're there and letting us
know what happens when you get back?

(FYI, excerpt from the Terms and Conditions in your phone's booklet)
The TRACFONE handset is sold exclusively for use by you, the end consumer, with the TRACFONE
prepaid wireless Service available solely in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Any other use of your TRACFONE handset, including without limitation, any resale, unlocking and/or
reflashing of the handset is unauthorized and constitutes a violation of your agreement with TracFone
Wireless. You agree not to unlock, reflash, tamper with or alter your TRACFONE or its software, enter
unauthorized PIN numbers, engage in any other unauthorized or illegal use of your TRACFONE or the
Service,
or assist others in such acts, or to sell and/or export TRACFONE handsets outside of the
United States. These acts violate TRACFONE’s rights and state and federal laws. Improper, illegal or
unauthorized use of your TRACFONE is a violation of this agreement and may result in immediate
discontinuation of Service and legal action. TRACFONE will prosecute violators to the full extent of
the law. You agree that any violation of this agreement through your improper, illegal or unauthorized
use or sale of your TRACFONE shall entitle TracFone Wireless to recover liquidated damages from
you in an amount not less than $5,000 per TRACFONE handset purchased, sold, acquired or used in
violation of this agreement.

mharris127

International roaming is blocked on all Tracfone and Net10 phones manufactured after approximately 2006.
Before then, it was technically possible to roam but once the calls hit Tracfone's computers your phone was
shut off and you lost whatever minute balance remained on the account. As for the golden oldie phones still
on Tracfone, I don't know how international roaming was blocked whether it was by firmware in the phones
themselves or in the end provider's (AT&T, VZW, etc.) system. I would just buy a prepaid phone up there for
use if you are going to be in Canada for more than a couple of days... More information regarding Canadian
providers is available at www.howardforums.com which is based in Canada.

sadi85
Member Avatar

Thank you both for the feedback. I know the terms and agreements, but became confused reading that some
people used their Tracfone(s) in Canada.

sadi85
Member Avatar

Update: Tracfone CDMA (LG 220c on VZW) roamed in Canada, but Tracfone GSM (LG 420g on AT&T) didn't roam.
I was able to receive a call on the CDMA Tracfone while in Toronto & the phone was displaying the "R" sign; though
the call was charged 2x the airtime... On the other hand, GSM Tracfone was completely out of signal.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.