Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Who would you like to see win the Baseball World Series?
Kansas City Royals
San Francisco Giants
I don't care who wins.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Net10) Motorola w409g Phone Topic
Topic Started: October 12, 2011, 12:15 am (5,666 Views)
Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

* I see over on Net10.com that the New Motorola w409g is now out for sale ... price is $30.

* Link: http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/net10/Start.do?action

* The Tracfone version isn't out yet, but it probably will be soon, that's if Tracfone decides to put it out.

* Just a basic flip phone with a 2MP camera/recorder, MP3 player, and an outside display window, etc...

* This is pretty much the Motorola w418g that is out for Straight Talk now, but this phone is colored black.

* I don't think the ST version sold well, so Tracfone Inc said: "paint it black, give it a new name, and sell it on Trac/Net10". (lol)

Moturkola B-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Saw the phone at Wal Mart in Amherst, NH this afternoon (Net10 version). Was unable to snap a pic because
someone had my phone near the front of the store making.. A PHONE CALL! ..Whoever heard of such a thing?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* A phone call ! ... a phone call ! ... don't people know by now that cell phones aren't made for calling?! (gee wiz)

* Cell phones are made for entertainment! - listening to music, taking pictures, playing games, surfing the 'net, etc. (lol)

* Ahhhhhh Sweeper ... you're getting old my friend ... the "young Sweeper" would have walked to the front of
* the Store, got the cell phone, walked back to the electronics department, and took a picture... (just teasing) ;)

Old B-) Turk

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
That would have been a long walk home, Turk

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Found at Wal Mart in Concord, NH...
Would have bought it, but I had already gotten the T-Mobile Sparq and the Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S that day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

JimmyJames

Wow, 32gb worth of mp3 storage?

roadworker

Does anyone have a date to when if Tracfone is gonna get this phone ?

Thanks

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks Sweeper for the phone pictures and information...

* I'll have to keep an eye out for this phone at all my many Walmart stores as well.

roadworker:

Does anyone have a date to when if Tracfone is gonna get this phone? ... Thanks.
* roadworker .... hi, Tracfone's version of this phone should be coming out anytime now...
- plus, there are no official release dates when it comes to Tracfone or Net10 phones, they just show up. ;)

Turk Unlimited B-)

millept

Looks like a very modest upgrade from the Moto W408g. Hope the 409g has a better build quality.
I like my 408g, but it doesn't inspire confidence when there is loose "play" in the flip hinge.

upacrk1

Hi Turk and followers!

I just had my 409G phone delivered today, ordered online from Net10 for $30 with 10 minutes and 60 days service.
First Walgreens had it advertised for $15 and then Dollar General supposedly had it for $20. Unfortunately, neither
store had it and were pushing 408G. I finally gave up waiting for a sale and just ordered it online. I've been a Net10
user for several years now using an LG 600G, which I've been pretty satisfied with. I was looking for a phone with a
better camera and an MP3 player. The next few weeks will tell whether I made a good choice.

My first couple of hours has been a real learning curve as Motorola's menu layout was so much different (and more
difficult) than LG's. I find the LG 600G phone more intuitive. There was what appeared to be a condensed version of
the user's manual, called a "Services Guide" included in the shipped package...

The full version can be found at: http://img.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/pub/6230/docs/manual.pdf
TracFone also has some good interactive tutorials at: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?
I suspect I will be visiting more of these tutorials in the coming days.

I've ordered a car charger, data cable, case and 8GB micro SD card, all for well under $20 (eBay is your friend!).
The W409G phone is a very light flip phone.. I wonder how easy the external screen with date/time info will be to
see outside in the sunlight. Tomorrow will tell. And I will have a better idea of call quality since I bought into Net10's
new $15 + tax/month auto charge for 200 minutes that are supposed to roll over from month to month.

OK, that's it for now... I hope to be back in a day or two with lots more info!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* upacrk1 .. hi .. and welcome...

* Thanks for the good information so far on this phone you got ... hope you end up liking it as time goes on.

* Tracfone was suppose to also come out with this phone by now, but it has never shown up?! :huh:

* If you find out anymore stuff about it, feel free to post it all here, we need some more info/reviews on this phone. ;)

Turk B-)

upacrk1

OK, a little late but I'm back... I had some more time to work with the Motorola W409G and have made some
headway. Have I said lately how much I hate the menus? They are not intuitive nor consistent. Ugh! Although
I received my phone case, car charger and data cable, my main effort was trying to get the Bluetooth to work
for transferring files... (My previous phone, the LG 600G doesn't have a data cable so Bluetooth was the only
way to transfer files to my computer. And it worked like a charm! The data cable with the W409G also worked
fine.)

After turning on Bluetooth, I got on my computer, searched the BT neighborhood and found the phone with no
problem. Pairing up also was no problem. When making the FTP connection and drilling through the directories,
I ALWAYS got a request on the phone for permission to allow the operation... Ugh! - I discovered that if I tried to
transfer multiple pictures with a copy/paste operation, Windows explorer process on my computer (running Vista)
would crash. But I COULD transfer a single file! Too much work for multiple files! Oh, by the way, on the phone
the SIM card shows up as A: and the micro SD card showed up as E:. Enough with transferring files.

I always seem to want to open the phone with the hinge at the bottom!
It might be because of the shape of the phone (or that I'm not too bright! ;-)

I like the white on black keyboard lettering as opposed to the black on silver found on the LG 600G.
Both phone's key markings are lit in blue when first opened - most notable when it is dark.

Did I mention how much the menu sucks? ;-)

Features I really like:
- an MP3 player that can use earphones or the external speaker
- FM radio with several functions
- 2 MP camera/video recorder with 4X digital zoom

At this time I'm still debating whether I'm going to switch phones over... I've got one more week to return it
if I decide it's not for me. In the end, if I don't return it, I'm not out that much since I can transfer the minutes
over to my old phone.

Turk, I like your site and will continue to check it in my quest for the perfect cheap phone!

roadworker

Is there any word as to when and if Tracfone will come out with this phone?
It has been on their activation page for months now? ...... Thanks.

annepani

roadworker
March 10, 2012, 10:10 am
Is there any word as to when and if Tracfone will come out with this phone?
It has been on their activation page for months now? ...... Thanks.
The Moto 418g is also on the Trac Activate Phones page... Maybe skip the 409g and go straight to the 418g.

roadworker

Yea, I seen that also, but seems like it is not for sale yet... any idea as to when it will be available?

annepani

roadworker
March 10, 2012, 12:23 pm
Yea, I seen that also, but seems like it is not for sale yet... any idea as to when it will be available?
None. No idea whatsoever... This is Tracfone, after all.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

I hate bumping up a thread that's old, but I wonder if where the SD slot on this phone is?

annepani

cutiegirl89
November 8, 2012, 4:57 pm
I hate bumping up a thread that's old, but I wonder if where the SD slot on this phone is?
Under the battery. You have to remove the battery to get to the microSD card.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

annepani
November 8, 2012, 5:25 pm
cutiegirl89
November 8, 2012, 4:57 pm
Under the battery. You have to remove the battery to get to the microSD card.
Thanks. :)
Also, is the SD card easy to get out after inserting in?
Because I usually get it out to change music, pictures and other things.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.