Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: ... How many motor vehicles do you own?...(that includes cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles)
0 vehicles
1 vehicle
2 vehicles
3 vehicles
4 or more vehicles
create a poll
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 800g Phone Topic
Topic Started: April 13, 2011, 6:59 pm (88,263 Views)
JimmyJames

Michael L.
October 15, 2011, 2:50 pm
PLEASE advise/help me, I'm a NEWBIE Cell phone person and just received my NEW LG 800G and prior
to activating I am trying to figure out what things to do and how to do them NOW - in case doing them after
activation might cost me minutes.

My #1 BUGaBOO right now is in the Client/Contact/ADD feature..... I cannot figure out HOW to use that
Keyboard to enter/spell names....for example, yesterday I initially was trying to add a name that started
with "J" BUT everytime I would press capital "J" I would get a cap "K" and then when I decided to try the
last name which started with a cap "E" .... all I could get was the "D"... I just tried again and I was able to
type in the cap "J" but then the next letter I need is a small "e"......I cannot get past the small "d" to the "e".

Is my 800G broken or is there a TRICK that I cannot figure out? ... Cannot find ANY instructions.

#2 In Setting I thought I'd find instructions for setting the Date and Time????

Please also tell me what else you'd suggest I do prior to Activation???

Thank YOU, michael :'(
#1: I had the same problem when I first got mine. You've got the T9 turned on.
- Push that button on the keypad and it should resolve itself.

#2: What DoctorM said.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JimmyJames

DoctorM
October 15, 2011, 6:44 pm
DoctorM
October 14, 2011, 8:35 pm
JimmyJames
October 14, 2011, 6:19 pm
OK, I'm having a new issue that I could use a little guidance on. Today I took some video that I wanted to then
move to my computer. I tried choosing the file and sending it to the computer using Bluetooth, but it would not
connect to the computer.

I was able to access the phone's memory from the computer using the Bluetooth and transfer files that way as
long as they were on the computer's memory, but it would not let me access the external memory, where most
of the files that I wanted to move are stored... Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
Hmmm! Just tried the same thing with both photos and videos. Got the same result. Bluetooth request from the
LG 800G was not able to connect to the PC, though both are paired to each other. May be a security or firewall
feature on the PC. ...... I'll have to look into this further. Might take a day or two.
UPDATE:

This was a tricky one. I am operating my PC under Windows XP - SP3.

1. It is not a firewall problem. I checked by turning off my virus protection and firewall, and got the same results.
2. It is not an LG 800G problem.
3. It is a PC issue. Apparently you have to have the PC's Bluetooth icon in your notification tray (the icon tray on
the START bar, usually at the extreme right of the computer screen).

You put it there by going to CONTROL PANEL, double click on the BLUETOOTH DEVICES icon, click on the
OPTIONS tab, put a check mark in the box for "Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area" ... Also make
sure a check mark is in the box for "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer." You can also check
the box for "Notify me ..." You do not need to have the "Turn discovery on" checked. Then click OK.

Then check to make sure the Bluetooth icon is in the notification tray. Then RIGHT CLICK (not left click) on the
Bluetooth icon in the Notification tray. A submenu pops up with one of the options being RECEIVE A FILE.
Click on this option.

The PC is now ready to receive a Bluetooth from a paired device. On your cell phone, select the file you want to send.
It should send ok now.
Well, I'm using a Mac, but I'm sure there's a similar setting on mine that I'll have to find. Thanks for all of the effort!

EDIT (10/17/2011, 2:20 PM): So, I went through the Bluetooth settings on my Mac, and you were right.
Even though I had transferred a lot of files via the Bluetooth, it was not set to accept files. After changing
that setting, I am now able to send files from the phone to the computer no matter where they are stored.

Thanks!

Michael L.
Member Avatar

Is the DR. in?

TKS for tip on how to enter Names in my Phone directory.....could not actually pick out individual letters even using
a toothpick as a stylus when trying to use the abc; def; ghi.......ie.: touching say, e or f would still give me "d".............
so I used "Write IN" option and that did the job, that's the main thing!

Today's Question from me is: When I purchased my 800G it came with TRIPLE Minutes; 1200+ minutes and 1 Year
of Service...........OK.......while activating the phone, on page 6 of the activation program it tells me the PIN I entered
with my new phone enables DOUBLE Minutes for Life [not Triple].

I called T. Support and the lady spent quite a bit of time doing this and/or that and ended up telling me that I don't
have to worry about that now that it is setup to give me Triple minutes the next time I buy more minutes, I thanked
her, but said I will not be buying any more minutes until my 1 Year service expires - is there someway I can check
in my Acct or something that I definitely have what I was supposed to receive in my deal. It ended up that basically
I have to trust her that she did whatever was necessary..... she said IF when I do buy minutes and I don't get Triple
- to Call them then and get it straightened out.

Anyone else have similar experience and find out that YOU were given Triple Minutes as you were supposed to?

TKS michael :huh:

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Michael L.,
This probably won't help you but I found it interesting, when I activated my wife's new TMFL LG 800G
(bought from Tracfone) they asked for the new phones S/N and when I gave that to her she came back
and said "So, we'll be transferring your minutes, days, and phone number from your current phone to a
new triple minute LG 800G".
It gave me confidence her phone is correctly in the system, and then the transfer went flawlessly. They
must be able to pull that information up if they really want. My wife has 2000 minutes (that's the reason
I activated it through Miami customer service) and a year so it will be awhile before I can verify that we
get the triple minutes, I just hope I remember to check when the time comes.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
October 17, 2011, 6:11 pm
Michael L.,
This probably won't help you but I found it interesting, when I activated my wife's new TMFL LG 800G
(bought from Tracfone) they asked for the new phones S/N and when I gave that to her she came back
and said "So, we'll be transferring your minutes, days, and phone number from your current phone to a
new triple minute LG 800G".
It gave me confidence her phone is correctly in the system, and then the transfer went flawlessly. They
must be able to pull that information up if they really want. My wife has 2000 minutes (that's the reason
I activated it through Miami customer service) and a year so it will be awhile before I can verify that we
get the triple minutes, I just hope I remember to check when the time comes.
Next month I just may buy the 30 minutes for 9.99 to see IF it Triples.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
October 17, 2011, 4:42 pm
Is the DR. in?

TKS for tip on how to enter Names in my Phone directory.....could not actually pick out individual letters even using
a toothpick as a stylus when trying to use the abc; def; ghi.......ie.: touching say, e or f would still give me "d".............
so I used "Write IN" option and that did the job, that's the main thing!

Today's Question from me is: When I purchased my 800G it came with TRIPLE Minutes; 1200+ minutes and 1 Year
of Service...........OK.......while activating the phone, on page 6 of the activation program it tells me the PIN I entered
with my new phone enables DOUBLE Minutes for Life [not Triple].

I called T. Support and the lady spent quite a bit of time doing this and/or that and ended up telling me that I don't
have to worry about that now that it is setup to give me Triple minutes the next time I buy more minutes, I thanked
her, but said I will not be buying any more minutes until my 1 Year service expires - is there someway I can check
in my Acct or something that I definitely have what I was supposed to receive in my deal. It ended up that basically
I have to trust her that she did whatever was necessary..... she said IF when I do buy minutes and I don't get Triple
- to Call them then and get it straightened out.

Anyone else have similar experience and find out that YOU were given Triple Minutes as you were supposed to?

TKS michael :huh:
Other than the tech support saying so, I don't know any other way to tell except buying minutes.

Gravelo

My phone developed a problem sometime in the last three days. I cannot get either browser (Opera or the
standard one) to go online. I can not remember changing any settings or anything, but it seems unlikely that
the phone would spontaneously ditch the ability to go online. Anyone know what I need to know to fix this?

Thanks!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Gravelo
October 19, 2011, 11:14 pm
My phone developed a problem sometime in the last three days. I cannot get either browser (Opera or the
standard one) to go online. I can not remember changing any settings or anything, but it seems unlikely that
the phone would spontaneously ditch the ability to go online. Anyone know what I need to know to fix this?

Thanks!
Well, if you call Customer Service, they are going to ask you to take the battery out and then put it back again.
So you might as well try that and see if it works. I have had to do this a couple of times. I don't know why it works,
but it seems to work most of the time. You might try that with the phone on, if it doesn't work with the phone off.

If that doesn't work, then call Customer Service.

rich in STL

Have we found a way to sync the calendar with Google Calendar?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

rich in STL
October 20, 2011, 7:12 pm
Have we found a way to sync the calendar with Google Calendar?
You would need an app to do it. Google has calendar sync apps for BlackBerry, iPhone, Nokia S60, and Windows.
The LG 800G only supports Java apps, which, I suspect, you will not see a calendar sync app for a long time, if ever.

For more info, try the following link: http://www.google.com/mobile/more/

You might also do a search at this app store: http://www.magomobile.com

Gravelo

DoctorM
October 20, 2011, 3:51 am
Gravelo
October 19, 2011, 11:14 pm

Thanks!
Well, if you call Customer Service, they are going to ask you to take the battery out and then put it back again.
So you might as well try that and see if it works. I have had to do this a couple of times. I don't know why it works,
but it seems to work most of the time. You might try that with the phone on, if it doesn't work with the phone off.

If that doesn't work, then call Customer Service.
Big Thanks! That was too easy... If only I could diagnose the oil leak in my 88 Volvo that easily...

Michael L.
Member Avatar

I bought a 4 GB Memory card for my phone BUT am finding it difficult to take the back off of it to install the card.
Don't want to scratch and/or break it already...can someone please tell me it there is some trick to easily getting
this off?

TKS michael :unsure:

PS - WHAT is "the SIM" inside the back of this phone? ... Something near where the card installs.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
October 21, 2011, 7:25 pm
I bought a 4 GB Memory card for my phone BUT am finding it difficult to take the back off of it to install the card.
Don't want to scratch and/or break it already...can someone please tell me it there is some trick to easily getting
this off?

TKS michael :unsure:

PS - WHAT is "the SIM" inside the back of this phone? ... Something near where the card installs.
Yeah, the back is hard to take off. the whole back slides downward maybe an 1/8" or so, then lifts off.
I always have to use both my thumbs, one on each side pressing down and back - then it is easy.

The SIM is a Subscriber Identification Module that is married to the serial number of your phone so you
can't use it on any other phone. It contains the information TracFone, and the carrier you are assigned to,
needs to keep track of your phone, routing calls to/from the phone, and account for the minutes the phone
uses. All GSM phones have a SIM card. CDMA phones don't have a SIM card.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

TKS DR.,
GREAT - was able to get the back off with your help [was trying to pry it up and off with a sharp instrument].

HATE to say it though, I still need advice with this...I had the 4GB Memory in it's adapter, when I got the Battery
out could see the adapter had to go......the instructions tell you to "insert the memory card UNDER the fastener
next to the SIM card" I see the SIM card and then the small area where this card has to go - I see NO "fastener";
I have presently laid the mem. card in that "area" with connectors down and replaced the battery...it is working,
BUT I don't think it is SEEING the extra Memory... I did go to PHONE\Memory area to see what I could see and
in the first one it gave two fiures used\unused which totalled 20500KB.

Please advise...

PS: I forgot I had saved a 800G Tutrorial and checked it out - thank God, they covered this with video instructions,
WALA - I am in business... Now have the card loaded up in External Memory.

PSS - In External Memory - it asks do I want to "format" the card, I choose YES....it then wants my Security Code;
have now been trying to find some understandable information about choosing "my" Security Code...
please advise with this if possible???

TKS michael :$

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Michael L.,
The default security code should be 0000. You can change it under the security settings. Hope that helps.

Video on how to change security code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfE_YLWXO3E

DoctorM
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
October 22, 2011, 4:28 pm
Michael L.,
The default security code should be 0000. You can change it under the security settings. Hope that helps.

Video on how to change security code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfE_YLWXO3E
If your "default codes don't work, the phone may lock up. If it does, just call TracFone Customer Service, and
they can reset it for you... Then you can choose your own security code.

wrdavis

I just ordered two of the LG 800G phones from TF. And thinking that maybe I should get a hands free bluetooth
car speakerphone to go with it... Any suggestions as to make and model to get or stay away from?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

wrdavis
October 28, 2011, 9:53 am
I just ordered two of the LG 800G phones from TF. And thinking that maybe I should get a hands free bluetooth
car speakerphone to go with it... Any suggestions as to make and model to get or stay away from?
The LG 800G does NOT have voice recognition, so in my opinion, does not make a good choice for use
as a car phone that could safely be dialed while driving. Also, on a bright sunny day, even inside the car,
the screen may be hard to see, requiring you take your eyes off the road - endangering yourself as well
as others. To dial semi-safely would require some kind of mounting system that held the unit firmly while
you selected a pre-programmed contact. You are probably talking a lot more money than you paid for the
phone. From an economic standpoint, its better to just to pull over and stop to make a call.

That being said, there are some good headsets that allow hands-free talking and single button answering:

NON-BLUETOOTH HEADSET: LG Sound-Isolating Premium Stereo Headset Headphone SGEY0005576.
You can find this on Amazon.com or eBay for around $8 or so. It is an ear bud (in the ear) model that normally
comes with extra ear gels of different sizes so custom fit it to your ear canal. This is what I use, and it delivers
excellent sound. It has a single button in the mic/connector for answering/ending a phone call, so you are not
fumbling around distracted trying to answer a call.

BLUETOOTH HEADSET: LG HBS700 Stereo Bluetooth Headset. This sells new from LG around $80.
You can also find factory seconds around $40 on eBay. The unit I bought ($40 on eBay) worked well for
music, but a calling party could not hear me. Same problem existed on a replacement unit, and I could
not get a refund. It had a lot of controls, and maybe a new one from LG directly would work completely,
if they still sell it. But I can't recommend this model.

JimmyJames

DoctorM
October 29, 2011, 8:58 am
wrdavis
October 28, 2011, 9:53 am
NON-BLUETOOTH HEADSET: LG Sound-Isolating Premium Stereo Headset Headphone SGEY0005576.
You can find this on Amazon.com or eBay for around $8 or so. It is an ear bud (in the ear) model that normally
comes with extra ear gels of different sizes so custom fit it to your ear canal. This is what I use, and it delivers
excellent sound. It has a single button in the mic/connector for answering/ending a phone call, so you are not
fumbling around distracted trying to answer a call.
I have the same headset, and I agree, it's very handy, well designed and sounds good. I'd recommend it without reservation.

wrdavis

Thanks for the information... My phones are due to arrive today.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

wrdavis,
Personally I like my BlueAnt T1 headset and the BlueAnt S4 Bluetooth car speaker.
Both work with my wife's LG800G and the nice thing about BlueAnt is when a call comes in (if it is in the
phone's contact list) it tells you the name of the caller and then asks you if you want to accept or ignore.
If you say ignore it just sends them off to voicemail, same as hitting ignore or reject. As DoctorM pointed
out this phone doesn't have voice commands so to dial calls you still have to do it via the phone. With my
phone that does have voice commands (LG231C) to make a call I say "BlueAnt speak to me" then "voice
commands" then "call XXX-XXX-XXXX (or name)" and it connects me without ever touching any buttons.

Also, both have the streaming audio protocol (whatever they call it) where you can listen to your music
through the T1 or S4. You can also have two phones connected to them at the same time, like mine and
my wife's to the S4, and it will answer both... Just my opinion.

wrdavis

My phones came yesterday. But the process of porting my old Tracfone numbers to the new phones and
transferring my airtime seems to be a real mess. Tracfone's online system only loops around to the home
page and never accomplishes anything. Finally after managing to get the service 800# to answer, had to
wait for 30 minutes on hold to actually talk to someone.

The tech support say they will have to send me new SIM cards in snail mail for the phones to port my old
numbers. Is this really the way it works? Can't see how online would work if new SIM cards are required.
Also the tech support said my case tickets numbers would be emailed to me. Hasn't happened yet.

I checked the status of the case numbers after 24 hours and the online site and get the following message:

"We are unable to get the status of your case at this time. Please contact our Customer Care Center, at
1-800-867-7183 , and provide your case number."

Looked at the support forum and see lots of others are having the same problems with porting and time transfer.
The stock answer to the questions is:

"My name is TracFone xxxx. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address
you provided when you signed up for this forum... Thanks."

But other than bad tech support and fouled up online transfer; really like the new LG 800G phones compared to
my old Motorola C139's.

JimmyJames

wrdavis
November 3, 2011, 6:08 am
My phones came yesterday. But the process of porting my old Tracfone numbers to the new phones and
transferring my airtime seems to be a real mess. Tracfone's online system only loops around to the home
page and never accomplishes anything. Finally after managing to get the service 800# to answer, had to

The tech support say they will have to send me new SIM cards in snail mail for the phones to port my old
numbers. Is this really the way it works? Can't see how online would work if new SIM cards are required.
Also the tech support said my case tickets numbers would be emailed to me. Hasn't happened yet.

I checked the status of the case numbers after 24 hours and the online site and get the following message:

"We are unable to get the status of your case at this time. Please contact our Customer Care Center, at

Looked at the support forum and see lots of others are having the same problems with porting and time transfer.

"My name is TracFone xxxx. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address

But other than bad tech support and fouled up online transfer; really like the new LG 800G phones compared to
my old Motorola C139's.
My experience was very similar, but although it took almost a week, they got me straightened out.
For now, just hang in there.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

wrdavis
November 3, 2011, 6:08 am

my old Motorola C139's.
That's the way it works. I have never been able to activate on line. If you use TracFone's Miami office number, you
tend to get better and faster service. The customer service rep should have given you a ticket number over the phone.
Hopefully they did not already deactivate your old phones, and your number and minutes are still safe.

When you port your old number, and you are changing contract carriers (TracFone is NOT your actual carrier -- a
contract carrier, for example, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc., is your actual carrier), you need a new SIM card (GSM phones).
It takes 3 or 4 days by FedEx to get a new SIM card. When you get the SIM card, the process starts all over again.

Have patience, it eventually works out, and happiness will descend upon you (most of the time).

wrdavis

Airtime still is on my old Tracfone phones. Yes they did give me a case number for each phone and I did write it down.
Just thought having it emailed would be a good idea, and expected to see the email with the case numbers by now.
I did buy 30 minutes/$10 for both and see my minutes were tripled... So that worked.

Hawki

I have a Tracfone Motorola 260G. I am looking at the LG 800G and the Motorola 124G. I read Dr. M's comments.
Now I am confused by the other comments. I used to have an iPhone until one of my students stole it and sold it.
I don't expect either of the 800 or 124 would replace it, but I need a usable calendar and the ability to take photos.
Advice please!!

Does the 800G still have the text message problem that caused the recall... H

JimmyJames

Hawki
November 3, 2011, 10:39 am
I have a Tracfone Motorola 260G. I am looking at the LG 800G and the Motorola 124G. I read Dr. M's comments.
Now I am confused by the other comments. I used to have an iPhone until one of my students stole it and sold it.
I don't expect either of the 800 or 124 would replace it, but I need a usable calendar and the ability to take photos.
Advice please!!

I can't speak for the differences between the 800g and the 124g, but I can tell you that the 800g's calendar feature
is pretty good. I use it for pretty much everything, and I've been very happy with it. Again, I don't know what you're
using as a basis for comparison, and I don't know what the 124g is capable of, but the 800g's calendar leaves little
to be desired.

The camera on the 800g is adequate for a cellphone camera. It's 2.0mp, and it takes very good pictures in full light.
Any pictures taken in lower light do suffer a bit, though... I believe that the 124g's camera is better.

And finally, no, the 800g does not have the texting problem anymore. They updated the software and everything
works fine now, as long as you have software version V10e, which pretty much all of them should by now.

gdsmit1

So, how is the reception on this phone?.. I have poor reception at my house on my LG 600g.
My son has the 800g and it seems to be better reception, but that's just based on the "bars".
Does it actually have pretty good reception?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

gdsmit1
November 3, 2011, 1:02 pm
So, how is the reception on this phone?.. I have poor reception at my house on my LG 600g.
My son has the 800g and it seems to be better reception, but that's just based on the "bars".
Does it actually have pretty good reception?
I never have has any problem. One of my LG 800G's was on T-Mobile, and the others are on AT&T.
If both phones (yours and your son's) have the same carrier, then it is a phone design issue. If they
have different carriers, then it probably is a carrier issue -- perhaps the placement of one carrier's
tower has some interference that the other carrier's tower does not.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

JimmyJames
November 3, 2011, 11:56 am
Hawki
November 3, 2011, 10:39 am
Advice please!!

I can't speak for the differences between the 800g and the 124g, but I can tell you that the 800g's calendar feature
is pretty good. I use it for pretty much everything, and I've been very happy with it. Again, I don't know what you're
using as a basis for comparison, and I don't know what the 124g is capable of, but the 800g's calendar leaves little
to be desired.

The camera on the 800g is adequate for a cellphone camera. It's 2.0mp, and it takes very good pictures in full light.
Any pictures taken in lower light do suffer a bit, though... I believe that the 124g's camera is better.

And finally, no, the 800g does not have the texting problem anymore. They updated the software and everything
works fine now, as long as you have software version V10e, which pretty much all of them should by now.
I think the LG 800G's calendar is better than the Motorola 124G's.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

DoctorM,
I agree, I like the calendar on my wife's LG 800G better than my EX124G's calendar. I also like the camera on
the LG800G better than the EX124G because in low light situations I can take sharper handheld pictures with
the LG 800G. It's like it uses a little faster shutter speed to freeze the motion, in bright light they're comparable
and there isn't much difference w/2.0 MP vs 3.0 MP.

gdsmit1,
As for signal reception, both our LG 800G and EX124G are on AT&T and we're in an AT&T fringe area, the
LG 800G seems to get a better signal than the EX124G. I also like the signal reception on the LG 800G better
because it doesn't loose 2 or 3 bars whenever you put your hand on the back of the phone like the EX124G
does. It's noticeable in our fringe area but when we're in a strong signal area they're about the same.

We also recorded messages using both phones and in my opinion the call quality on the LG800G is much better,
the EX124G sounds good but the LG800G sounded better (less digitized and compressed). Just my opinions.

Side note: Buy Tracfone phones from Tracfone using BigCrumbs.com and get 24% cash back. $12 back on a LG800G.

gdsmit1

I didn't think about the carrier until after I posted. My LG 600g is on T-Mobile, my son's LG 800g is on AT&T.
I think I should probably call to have my phone switched over to AT&T. I'm in fringe areas for both carriers,
but when I decide to upgrade, it will probably be smoother to be on AT&T already.
We just bought my son's 800g and will likely buy ours the same place.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

gdsmit1
November 3, 2011, 7:14 pm
Wherever you get it, I hope it comes w/TMFL like the ones from Tracfone.
You only get the DMFL from the retail stores as of now.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
November 3, 2011, 7:25 pm
gdsmit1
Wherever you get it, I hope it comes w/TMFL like the ones from Tracfone.
You only get the DMFL from the retail stores as of now.
Right now the LG 800G is DMFL at TracFone website ($49). Wait for a TMFL deal.

Amazon.com has new TMFL LG 800G with 1200 minutes/1 year for $109 + $5 shipping.
Given that's about $100 for the minutes/time, the phone is only about $10.
But it is the old V10D software version. I personally never had any trouble with the 10D version.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

gdsmit1
... I think I should probably call to have my phone switched over to AT&T....
TracFone won't switch your T-Mobile unit over to AT&T just because you ask. You have to have a good reason,
such as you can't receive T-Mobile at all.

Or, port an existing AT&T telephone number to your T-Mobile unit, which will require a new SIM card with AT&T
as the carrier.

One way I do this is keep my old deactivated phones that already have an AT&T SIM card... The old AT&T cell
phone has to be reactivated, with minutes and a new phone number (which will be AT&T) before TracFone will
port it to the T-Mobile unit.

If you don't have an old AT&T already, buy a cheap one on eBay. But make sure it already has an AT&T SIM card.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
DoctorM:

* Just want to throw my 2 cents worth in here ... the LG 800g ($50) is TMFL on Tracfone.com in all my GSM links.

* Tracfone.com Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/

* Thanks to everyone so far that has helped in one form or another on this Topic ... it is appreciated by many!.. ;)

TMFL = Turk Minutes for Life B-)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Turk
November 4, 2011, 12:09 am
DoctorM:

* Just want to throw my 2 cents worth in here ... the LG 800g ($50) is TMFL on Tracfone.com in all my GSM links.

* Tracfone.com Link: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/

* Thanks to everyone so far that has helped in one form or another on this Topic ... it is appreciated by many!.. ;)

TMFL = Turk Minutes for Life B-)
You are right - in fact, three TMFL phones.

Yesterday, I went to TracFone.com, then "BROWSE ALL PHONES," an LG 800G DMFL ad came up.
Today, I repeated that, but then I continued on to "BUY," and the TMFL ad come up.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

IF you go to Amazon.com\LG 800G - you will find, I think the BEST deal on one of them, this is where I
bought mine......you essentially get the phone for FREE because you not only get the phone with Triple
Minutes for LIFE but you get a ONE YEAR of Time/service [which sells for $100 or so fm Tfone]...all for
$109 = S&H ... When I activated mine they actually gave me more than 1200 minutes and like 60 days
more than 395......can't beat it!!!

Carry ON!!!

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
November 7, 2011, 6:44 pm
IF you go to Amazon.com\LG 800G - you will find, I think the BEST deal on one of them, this is where I
bought mine......you essentially get the phone for FREE because you not only get the phone with Triple
Minutes for LIFE but you get a ONE YEAR of Time/service [which sells for $100 or so fm Tfone]...all for
$109 = S&H ... When I activated mine they actually gave me more than 1200 minutes and like 60 days
more than 395......can't beat it!!!

Carry ON!!!
I agree that is a very good deal -- the only catch is that the phones, though new, are the old SoftWare
version V10d... I bought two of these at Amazon.com, and have had no trouble whatsoever with them.
They also have an AT&T SIM card in them.

wrdavis

When I first got the LG800G, I explored and played with different features. Somewhere I found I could have the
phone go cuckoo-cuckoo on the hour. Sounded fun so set it to do that... And now I want to stop the cuckoo-ing,
but can't find where the feature is located. I tried every clock looking icon, but just can't re-discover the feature.
Any one can show me how to get into the right spot?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

wrdavis
November 7, 2011, 11:43 pm
When I first got the LG800G, I explored and played with different features. Somewhere I found I could have the
phone go cuckoo-cuckoo on the hour. Sounded fun so set it to do that... And now I want to stop the cuckoo-ing,
but can't find where the feature is located. I tried every clock looking icon, but just can't re-discover the feature.
Any one can show me how to get into the right spot?
wrdavis,
Go to Menu>Profiles and select the Profile your phone is using (the one with the lit up check mark) and open it.
At the bottom of the Profile page is a button that says MORE, select that and it will show HOURLY ALERT as one
of the selections, select it and on top of the next page it opens turn it off by tapping on the button so it changes
from 1 to 0 and then SAVE it... Hope that helps, if not post again.

wrdavis

Thanks BobbyLee.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

Please tell me IF there is some way to turn OFF this cell phone...... I am new to having a cell phone and now
realize that, of course, most people NEED them on all the time in case they get calls....... I don't, only bought
it for emergency type use, so it just sits unused as the battery wears down. This AM started hearing this faint
"beep, beep, beep" - driving me NUTSO, finally dawned on me it was this little cell phone on my kitchen table
........ it was telling me that the battery needed to be re-charged.

TKS michael ;)

JimmyJames

Michael L.
November 8, 2011, 3:01 pm
Please tell me IF there is some way to turn OFF this cell phone...... I am new to having a cell phone and now
realize that, of course, most people NEED them on all the time in case they get calls....... I don't, only bought
it for emergency type use, so it just sits unused as the battery wears down. This AM started hearing this faint
"beep, beep, beep" - driving me NUTSO, finally dawned on me it was this little cell phone on my kitchen table

TKS michael ;)
Press and hold the small button on the top of the phone, right side.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I was at one of my many K-Mart stores today, and I saw the store worker putting this phone out on the pegs for sale.
* The LG 800g - price was $50 as usual - but, it was now the new Triple Minutes for Life model - first time in stores!
* I had my awesome Turkberry (r355c) on me, so I took a picture of it. (if interested, start checking your local K-Marts)
* The store worker said they just got them in - and that other new Trac/Net10 phones are also in the back in storage.

Posted Image

Picture provided by Turk and his Turkberry B-)

Michael L.
Member Avatar

JimmyJames
November 8, 2011, 8:03 pm
Michael L.

TKS michael ;)
TKS - I do know that that button turn it OFF and ON.... BUT my quandry, does it REALLY turn the cell phone
OFF? I mean - if calls can come in to the phone, is it really totally OFF? WHY I ask - has to do with having to
re-charge the batteries when I don't even use the phone. I do not need it for INCOMING calls - thus I'd like to
SAVE battery usage, if possible ----- I am thinking to do what I am talking about one would have to PULL the
battery out and reinstall when you wanted to use it???? :huh:

GaryO3

I ordered an LG 800G thru Amazon, 1 year service 1200 minutes, TMFL.
The phone I received has AT&T service and Software version V10e.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
November 10, 2011, 3:48 pm
JimmyJames
Michael L.

TKS michael ;)
TKS - I do know that that button turn it OFF and ON.... BUT my quandry, does it REALLY turn the cell phone
OFF? I mean - if calls can come in to the phone, is it really totally OFF? WHY I ask - has to do with having to
re-charge the batteries when I don't even use the phone. I do not need it for INCOMING calls - thus I'd like to
SAVE battery usage, if possible ----- I am thinking to do what I am talking about one would have to PULL the
I'm just guessing at this, but there could be two reasons for battery discharge with the phone turned off:

1) batteries will self - discharge even when not in use.

2) there may be a small residual current active to enable the phone to turn back on quickly. I'm sure this
is the case when the phone is in standby, but less likely when the phone is completely off

Of the two possibilities, self-discharge is probably the most likely, which will occur even if you take the
battery completely out of the phone. That is just the nature of batteries -- you have to periodically recharge
them even when not used.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

GaryO3
November 10, 2011, 9:47 pm
Oooh! that is a very good deal!

Hawki

All - I took the plunge and ordered a LG 800G from the mother ship Tracfone site. I had a bit of a hiccup getting
it paid for... My credit union had "tagged" the site for "fraud" and therefore blocked the sale from my account.

Long story - I called Tracfone and they were blocked. I then called the credit union and they released the purchase.
Then I got a call from the "Fraud Patrol" with my credit union. There were five (5) charges for the same amount on my
account and they wanted to know if they were legitimate. I explained, they said Thank You and that was it. This is a
product of my credit union looking out for me and not a fault of Tracfone... I talked with Tracfone and they said they
were a target for fraud because of the nature of their service.

LG 800G phone is very good. My question to the bloggers is "Is there a complete "Owners Manual" for the phone?"
I down loaded the manual from Net 10 but it leaves a lot unexplained. I have stumbled around but still don't know
how to "easily" get to certain functions... Suggestions please.

Yes, the calendar is very good, the sound is good, the texting is way easier than the Moto 260G, the camera is how
y'all have assessed it, I have not tried the voice recorder. I use a stylus for almost everything and it works very well.
I also found that the eraser on a wooden pencil will also work well. But,dragging the page still needs a finger.

Thank you to all of the bloggers on this forum!! I have learned much before I bought the phone and now understand
much better some of the "things" you need to know to take advantage of the LG 800G.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

The interactive tutorial is pretty good, but doesn't go into every feature.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/

Otherwise, no comprehensive manual known to man. That's why there are so many comments on this forum.
We have pretty much covered all the features and "how to" here. TracFone/LG should reward us all with free
minutes for life.

GaryO3

I activated my new LG 800g today. I called the Miami center 1-800-876-5753. No hold at all, transfered my
number and got my triple minutes in less than 10 minutes. The phone activated about 10 minutes later with
service till Jan. 22, 2013.

JimmyJames

Michael L.
November 10, 2011, 3:48 pm
JimmyJames
Michael L.

TKS michael ;)
Yeah, like Doctor M said, I think the only way to do what you're wanting to do is to pull the battery completely.
You could try setting your phone to reject incoming calls, but I don't know that that would have any effect if you
already had it powered down.

tfuser19

GaryO3
November 10, 2011, 9:47 pm
GaryO3 ... Thanks for sharing the firmware version.

Did the phone come in a retail sealed package?
If you still have the package, on the front bottom right side, what does it say after "MS " - should be something
like "MS XX/11".
Also, what is the full model # listed on the package front left side.
How do you like the phone so far?
Anyone else with this info and firmware version number please feel free to answer too - and please state where
you bought the phone.

Thanks!

GaryO3

The phone came in a sealed retail box with the TMFL directions and code taped to the box.

The date code was MS 04/11.
Model # front of box ARTC-TF800GFT.
On bar code label TFLG800GP4DM.

I'm quite pleased with the phone so far... Still have a lot to learn!!

bbtfan

I got my LG 800G last week from the Tracfone website. It included TMFL but only came with 10 minutes.

The phone came in a sealed package ... Date code is MS 08/11 ... Model #ARTC-TF800GFTTM.

Bar code label TFLG800GTMP5 ... The firmware is V10e on my phone.

I think I will like the LG 800G and am glad to have found this forum to learn about the phone's features.

Hawki

I continue to find this site a fountain of good information. I followed the outline for installing the 4GB SD card
under the battery and under the sneaky little metal shield that slides away and opens "up" -- (vertical) to give
access to the gold contacts. Please note that one of the "contact tines" is shorter and looks bent. That appears
to be the way it was designed and installed. I placed my chip card in the holder and gently laid down the metal
shield and slid it over the SD card and then install the battery and cover .... I then turned the phone on and
followed the guidance I got on this site and checked to see if the phone recognized the card - yeah, team it
was recognized. I did not "format" the chip.

Question -- do I need to format the chip to have it store photos, songs, documents and other stuff?

Again, thanks for everyone's assistance. I like the phone and getting used to its "quirks" in operating or finding "stuff".

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Hawki
November 16, 2011, 2:24 pm
I continue to find this site a fountain of good information. I followed the outline for installing the 4GB SD card
under the battery and under the sneaky little metal shield that slides away and opens "up" -- (vertical) to give
access to the gold contacts. Please note that one of the "contact tines" is shorter and looks bent. That appears
to be the way it was designed and installed. I placed my chip card in the holder and gently laid down the metal
shield and slid it over the SD card and then install the battery and cover .... I then turned the phone on and
followed the guidance I got on this site and checked to see if the phone recognized the card - yeah, team it
was recognized. I did not "format" the chip.

Question -- do I need to format the chip to have it store photos, songs, documents and other stuff?

Again, thanks for everyone's assistance. I like the phone and getting used to its "quirks" in operating or finding "stuff".
I did not format mine when I installed it -- and it worked fine from the get go. I would only format it if for some reason
the phone didn't recognize the micro-SD card.... As far as I can tell, the phone places the appropriate folders on the
micro-SD card when it is installed.

GaryO3

FYI, Amazon has raised the price of the LG 800g with TMFL $10. now $125. shipped.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

GaryO3
November 16, 2011, 4:42 pm
FYI, Amazon has raised the price of the LG 800g with TMFL $10. now $125. shipped.
I just checked Amazon item -- Tracfone LG LG 800G with 1200 Minutes and Triple Minutes for Life!! -- Shows Currently Unavailable.

However, same item on eBay:

One new LG 800G with TMFL and 1200 minutes for $114.99.

One new LG 800G with TMFL and 1200 minute, starting bid $99, Buy it Now $119.

JimmyJames

DoctorM
November 16, 2011, 3:55 pm
I did not format mine when I installed it -- and it worked fine from the get go. I would only format it if for some reason
the phone didn't recognize the micro-SD card.... As far as I can tell, the phone places the appropriate folders on the
micro-SD card when it is installed.
Same experience for me. The phone took care of everything as soon as the card was installed.
I think the only reason you would need to format it is if the card had previously been used for something else.
Otherwise, the phone should take care of it.

Hawki

An LG 800G observation - I am new to the device and learning some answers to quirks by experimenting and
reading this blog... Games - interesting experience so far. I played the Container game up to level 261when it
froze. No touch commands work, so to get out of it I have to hit END button. If I try to retry it still freezes. As a test
I was bold enough to "purchase" the Platinum 3 Solitaire card game through the phone... It downloaded to the
phone and the directions were vague, but I figured it out. I started the game and the game came up in landscape
view and on the "bottom" in portrait view there was some kind of keyboard that must be used in a different "action"
game and not solitaire. You can toggle it back and forth between a keyboard and this action keyboard with arrows
and bars and "stuff". The presence of this keyboard covers 1/4 of the solitaire game. The game would still kind of
play a blind version of solitaire but that is not what I purchased.

I stumbled on the answer in a past Turk blog item about some other instance similar to this required removing the
battery and re-installing it. I tried it and it worked for the solitaire game. I can now play a simple but functional game(s)
of solitaire in the landscape mode it was designed for without an overlapping keyboard/game controller overlay.

Not that I am in love with the Container Block game, but it still is locked on level 261. If any one has a suggestion,
I would like to hear it. So far none of the other functions of the software have caused any problems or hiccups that
I am aware of. Should I report this game freeze to Tracfone?

Again, thanks to all for the assistance provided and the insights into this device and Tracfone.

emusici

THE ONLY THING THE LG 800G AND MOTOROLA EX124G IS GOOD FOR IS TRIPLE MINUTES FOR LIFE.

LG 800G and MOTOROLA EX124G ARE CRAP.
THAT IS WHY THEY ARE UNLOADING THEM WITH TRIPLE MINUTES FOR LIFE!

I have both phones in front of me now. The real reason I upgraded from the Motorola W376G was to have a
phone with an MP3 player. The LG 800 will not recognize the 16G miniSD card. The device shows up under
devices when it is hooked up to my computer (Windows 7), it shows that there is an SD card in the phone,
but there is no way to drag and drop files to it. I put the SD card in the computer and loaded songs to it but
the files, and the card itself for that matter, is not recognized by the phone. The "external memory" link on the
phone is not highlighted, thus it is not being recognized by the phone.

I already arranged to return the Motorola EX124 as it EATS UP MINUTES from accidentally hitting the BROWSER button.
I lost over 20 minutes of airtime just learning my way around the phone.

Folks, these phones are anything but smart. If you plan on using it much for web browsing you may as well buy a
decent smartphone with a monthly plan. THE CHEAP TURNS OUT EXPENSIVE.

PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH MY W376G but the Triple Minutes hooked me in.

SAVE YOUR MONEY by not buying this phone. Where is the frowning emoticon when you need it?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

emusici
November 19, 2011, 3:38 pm
THE ONLY THING THE LG 800G AND MOTOROLA EX124G IS GOOD FOR IS TRIPLE MINUTES FOR LIFE.

LG 800G and MOTOROLA EX124G ARE CRAP.
THAT IS WHY THEY ARE UNLOADING THEM WITH TRIPLE MINUTES FOR LIFE!

I have both phones in front of me now. The real reason I upgraded from the Motorola W376G was to have a
phone with an MP3 player. The LG 800 will not recognize the 16G miniSD card. The device shows up under
devices when it is hooked up to my computer (Windows 7), it shows that there is an SD card in the phone,
but there is no way to drag and drop files to it. I put the SD card in the computer and loaded songs to it but
the files, and the card itself for that matter, is not recognized by the phone. The "external memory" link on the
phone is not highlighted, thus it is not being recognized by the phone.

I already arranged to return the Motorola EX124 as it EATS UP MINUTES from accidentally hitting the BROWSER button.
I lost over 20 minutes of airtime just learning my way around the phone.

Folks, these phones are anything but smart. If you plan on using it much for web browsing you may as well buy a
decent smartphone with a monthly plan. THE CHEAP TURNS OUT EXPENSIVE.

PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH MY W376G but the Triple Minutes hooked me in.

SAVE YOUR MONEY by not buying this phone. Where is the frowning emoticon when you need it?
Neither of these models are touted as smart phones -- they are touchscreen phones with lots of features.
TracFone (as opposed to Net10 or Straight Talk) does not have any smart phones in its inventory.
It's accounting model is for light users, while Net10 is for medium users.

The main attraction for users of these two models are that they are touchscreen phones, and they are
relatively cheap to buy and to operate compared to smart phones.

I agree with you partly on the Motorola EX124G, but sorry to disagree on the LG 800G.

The LG 800G will only accept a 4GB microSDHC card. The EX124G will accept a 16 GB microSDHC card.

Yes, its true that you wouldn't want to browse the web extensively on either phone.
But you can if you need to - just like you can on many of the cheaper TracFone models.
On the LG 800G, the browser widget can be removed from the main screen.

What you should have done before jumping to conclusions prematurely is read the entire threads on these
two models. Then you would have had a better idea of what to expect.

If you want all the features (and cost) of a smart phone, look at Straight Talk phones... Also, you probably
want to go with the Android models, with apps in the hundreds of thousands. Smart phones require a $45
or $50 unlimited plan, have WiFI, GPS, and can interface with your business or office applications.

Meanwhile, those of us in the TracFone light-user category will be spending $10 a month or even less on
the LG 800G or Motorola EX124G.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Hawki
November 19, 2011, 12:04 pm
An LG 800G observation - I am new to the device and learning some answers to quirks by experimenting and
reading this blog... Games - interesting experience so far. I played the Container game up to level 261when it
froze. No touch commands work, so to get out of it I have to hit END button. If I try to retry it still freezes. As a test
I was bold enough to "purchase" the Platinum 3 Solitaire card game through the phone... It downloaded to the
phone and the directions were vague, but I figured it out. I started the game and the game came up in landscape
view and on the "bottom" in portrait view there was some kind of keyboard that must be used in a different "action"
game and not solitaire. You can toggle it back and forth between a keyboard and this action keyboard with arrows
and bars and "stuff". The presence of this keyboard covers 1/4 of the solitaire game. The game would still kind of

I stumbled on the answer in a past Turk blog item about some other instance similar to this required removing the
battery and re-installing it. I tried it and it worked for the solitaire game. I can now play a simple but functional game(s)
of solitaire in the landscape mode it was designed for without an overlapping keyboard/game controller overlay.

Not that I am in love with the Container Block game, but it still is locked on level 261. If any one has a suggestion,
I would like to hear it. So far none of the other functions of the software have caused any problems or hiccups that

Again, thanks to all for the assistance provided and the insights into this device and Tracfone.
Its boggles my mind that anyone would play a game to level 261. I salute you.

I suspect you are finding the upper limits of the operating system on the LG 800G. I think most of the java games
are ports from Android or other smart phone system, and simply are not going to work as well in the more limited
java 2ME environment. About half the apps I download for the LG 800g either don't install, or don't work after being
installed, and those that do install and run don't work very well, and are also very slow.

I don't think that it is ever going to get better for the LG 800G.

wrdavis

I find the calendar function to be potentially useful, but entering names and such through the phone keyboard
with the tap the 2 button three times for a C method awkward. I'd rather be able to enter the calendar data onto
my computer and then download the calendar to the phone or to both my and wife's phones to sync them. I tried
using microsoft Outlook. But my 2002 version doesn't allow exporting a "vcs" file that the phone uses. And not
wanting to pay the $140 for a newer version that may still not do it.

So I've gone to CNet and tried various calendar programs that I can download with free trial times. The ones I
have tried are Vue Minder Calendar Pro, Calendar Magic, Efficient Calendar, Sync Wiz, and Calendar Scope.
Some do a crippled vcs on the trial by limiting the number of calendar events to 5 or 10.... Others only do "ics"
file type export, which the phone doesn't recognize at all.

The problem I run into is only the first calendar event is transferred to the phone out of the 5 or 10 allowed by the
trial s/w using vcs files. It looks like the external memory SD card that I can transfer to isn't what the phone is using.
Anyway of accessing the phones internal memory for the transfer? I found removing the SD card forces the phone
to show the internal memory, but then find no way of transferring files to it.

Maybe there's a calendar program that works with the phone?

Also the phone allows bluetoothing the calendar data out. But I see no menu option to bluetooth calendar data
into the phone's internal memory... Anyone have success with what I'm trying to do?

Hawki

Dr. M: Thanks for the info...

I was bored and decided to see what Containers was all about. The Containers may now R.I.P.
The solitaire is for short airplane trips. As I mentioned everything else works satisfactorily for my meager needs.

H

gdsmit1

Hawki
I played the Container game up to level 261when it froze. No touch commands work, so to get out of it I have
to hit END button. If I try to retry it still freezes.
My son has found that 261 is the limit for this game. What he did was at level 260, he would restart the game.
I suspect it is in the game itself.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

gdsmit1
November 21, 2011, 10:50 am
Hawki
I played the Container game up to level 261when it froze. No touch commands work, so to get out of it I have
to hit END button. If I try to retry it still freezes.
My son has found that 261 is the limit for this game. What he did was at level 260, he would restart the game.
I suspect it is in the game itself.
Now I feel really, really old

wrdavis

wrdavis
November 20, 2011, 8:51 am
I find the calendar function to be potentially useful, but entering names and such through the phone keyboard
with the tap the 2 button three times for a C method awkward. I'd rather be able to enter the calendar data onto
my computer and then download the calendar to the phone or to both my and wife's phones to sync them. I tried
using microsoft Outlook. But my 2002 version doesn't allow exporting a "vcs" file that the phone uses. And not
wanting to pay the $140 for a newer version that may still not do it.

So I've gone to CNet and tried various calendar programs that I can download with free trial times. The ones I
have tried are Vue Minder Calendar Pro, Calendar Magic, Efficient Calendar, Sync Wiz, and Calendar Scope.
Some do a crippled vcs on the trial by limiting the number of calendar events to 5 or 10.... Others only do "ics"
file type export, which the phone doesn't recognize at all.

The problem I run into is only the first calendar event is transferred to the phone out of the 5 or 10 allowed by the
trial s/w using vcs files. It looks like the external memory SD card that I can transfer to isn't what the phone is using.
Anyway of accessing the phones internal memory for the transfer? I found removing the SD card forces the phone
to show the internal memory, but then find no way of transferring files to it.

Maybe there's a calendar program that works with the phone?

Also the phone allows bluetoothing the calendar data out. But I see no menu option to bluetooth calendar data
into the phone's internal memory... Anyone have success with what I'm trying to do?
Loading the LG 800G calendar function from a PC.

Experimenting, I found the data structure the phone wants. It seems to be a modified VCS file type.
What it looks to need is an extra 4 lines for each EVENT... They are:

END:VCALENDAR

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION 1.0

I could just use a text editor to modify the file, but decided a short BASIC program would make it easier.

Here’s the process using Microsoft Outlook (since the 3rd party s/w worked with it almost to the
exclusion of other Calendar programs).

Download & buy SYNC-WIZ from sync-wiz.com, $30. It does the conversion from the newer .ICS file type
to the older .VCS file type. I found I could almost do it myself, but the recurring event formulas changed a
lot from the one standard to the other, and for $30 didn’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Download the JUSTBASIC program, if you don’t have it already. Free at justbasic.com.

Optional is to download the free holidays from calendarlabs.com. It generates holidays that then can be
imported into the Outlook program.

On the desktop, make a folder called Calendar to store the files in.

The little program I wrote is really dumb w/o any user interface or file name options.
I just wanted one to do the task, so filenames have to be as described or it won’t find them.

Bummer that I discovered is the file structure got changed from Windows XP to Windows 7... So I made two
versions, one to work on each operating system. Also the program sticks an extra 4 lines at the end of the file.
Just use a text editor to remove them.

I'll post the program listing, if OK and someone wants it.

One other thing I came across, in case others have missed it. The calendar can be changed from the weird
Monday first to the normal Sunday first... Menu>Settings>Calendar>Week Starts On

tfuser19

GaryO3 and bbtfan, Thanks for the info I requested.

I bought a LG 800g at Target and it's got the same model/date code/etc. that bbtfan posted:

Model #ARTC-TF800GFTTM
Date code: MS 08/11
Bar code label: TFLG800GTMP5
Firmware: V10e

It also came with only 10 minutes/60 days. I had to call Tracfone to transfer service from old phone to LG 800g,
because the website only wanted to let me transfer 1100 minutes and I had more that that on the old phone.
Got an overseas customer service rep who spoke good English and got the transfer done in less than 15 minutes.

Before activating the phone, I wasted quite a bit of time trying to set the date and time on the phone -- since it was
showing the year 1900. There is no way to set the date/time manually - it happens through the phone system after
activation.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I decided to move this information here to this topic - I wrote member tugalodan and told him - thanks - Turk.

tugalodan:

Swapping a micro SD card from a LG 900g to a LG 800g?

I recently purchased a LG 800G, and would like to put Opera Mini and MemoryUp J2ME on it...
I have both on a memory card from a LG 900G. Can I put this card in the 800 and it recognize it ?
DoctorM:

If it is a microSDHC of 4GB or less, it should work.

If you want to keep the data already on the card, the LG 800G recognizes the following folder names:
Documents, Games & Applications, Images, Sounds, and Others.

The Games and Applications folder is where the LG 800G puts your Games and Apps after it installs them.
Before they are installed, they should be in the Others folder.

If you don't want to keep any data, just install the card in the LG 800G and format it.
tugalodan:

Thanks DoctorM, I'm going to try it this afternoon...

Update: didn't work, and when I went to the Opera Mini web page they don't show the LG 800G.
tfuser19:

Download the JAD and JAR files under "Download Opera Mini 6.5" at the top of this page:

http://www.operamini.com/mobile/download/versions/

If you want to select a model, choose the LG T310 Cookie Style - it's similar to the LG 800g.

I was not able to successfully install a signed and trusted version Opera Mini 6.5 via my PC using the link above.

I used browser on the phone to go to http://mini.opera.com/
- Select "Other download options" at the bottom of the page
- Select "Select Code-Signing Certificate" under "Options for Opera Mini 6.5"
- Select "All Certificates"
- Select "Download Opera Mini 6.5 (English (USA))".
This downloads and installs the signed version of Opera Mini 6.5 to the phone as a trusted application.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

The other day, after I purchased a USB download cord, I downloaded around 10 Java Apps which were touted as
compiant with this cell phone... BUT, after I installed them all when I "opened" 90% of them I would get that Notice
about the program being NOT Trusted. Have not been able how yet to DELETE them or even Change them.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
November 23, 2011, 2:42 pm
The other day, after I purchased a USB download cord, I downloaded around 10 Java Apps which were touted as
compiant with this cell phone... BUT, after I installed them all when I "opened" 90% of them I would get that Notice
about the program being NOT Trusted. Have not been able how yet to DELETE them or even Change them.
I would venture most of the free Java apps are hacks with embedded malware.

If you used a USB data cable to transfer the apps to your phone, you should have transferred them to OTHER
FILES folder on the microSDHC card of the LG 800G. You can delete any files from the OTHER FILES folder
by tapping MENU/MY STUFF/OTHER FILES, then tap on the DELETE softkey at the bottom right side of the
screen, then tap on the app you want to delete to put a check mark in it, then tap the DELETE softkey appearing
on the bottom left side of the screen.

The above just deletes the original file you downloaded before it was installed. If you installed some of the files
already, and you want to delete the installed program, tap GAMES & APPS, the tap the DELETE softkey at the
bottom right of the screen, then tap the app you want to delete to put a check mark on it, then tap the DELETE
softkey appearing on the bottom left side of the screen to delete it.

By the above you can surmise that an installed app may have two files on the LG 800G -- the original uninstalled
file you downloaded to the OTHER FILES folder, and the installed file in the LG 800G puts in GAMES & APPS.

wrdavis

I found the downloaded Calendar.vcs files to the cell phone had a problem. Looks like the LG 800G phone ignores
the flag that indicates if the time is Local or GMT. Outlook seems to output GMT times at random. So some appointments
were off time by -8 hours, my time zone. I modified my Basic program to strip the GMT flag and reset the GMT times to
Local. Also had to check if the time change effected the date ... So I have it correct the date and allow for New Years,
leap years, and 30/31 day months. In writing the program found out how to make it work on any Windows System, so
no longer have two versions... And it allows the user to choose the location of the files, instead of my first version that
forced a certain file structure.

Also discovered the Just Basic program when run on a Windows 7 PC, needs an additional download file from
Microsoft to allow the Help Menus. File is WINHLP32.EXE.

BTW, Looks like the LG 800G has a maximum of 100 events allowed in the calendar.

sweetiepoosmom

HSN has the LG 800g with Triple Minutes for Life, 1300 Minutes, 2 silicone skins,
AC adapter and car charger for $99.95 -- free shipping.

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?ocm=todspc&cm_re=billboard-_-TS-_-LGCell_background

DoctorM
Member Avatar

sweetiepoosmom
November 25, 2011, 1:30 am
HSN has the LG 800g with Triple Minutes for Life, 1300 Minutes, 2 silicone skins,

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?ocm=todspc&cm_re=billboard-_-TS-_-LGCell_background
Got one! "Today only" it says. Thanks for posting it with the link. This one will replaces the one stolen from my daughter.
This time I got the extended Warranty with it, since the price is so low - and its also free shipping and no taxes.

horao

Curious,

Maybe I've missed this in previous discussions but part way down the page on HSN for the above LG 800g
deal it states:

"TracFone Triple Your Minutes For Life

Each time you add airtime minutes to this phone, your minutes will automatically be Tripled for the Life
of the phone. You do not need to enter any codes to receive this benefit at time of replenishment Bonus
or promotional minutes are not eligible.
"

Promo codes not eligible, really? Say it isn't so... Turk, how could you let this happen?
Are all TMFL phones (regardless of vendor) promo code crippled?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

horao
November 25, 2011, 5:46 pm
Curious,

Maybe I've missed this in previous discussions but part way down the page on HSN for the above LG 800g
deal it states:

Each time you add airtime minutes to this phone, your minutes will automatically be Tripled for the Life
of the phone. You do not need to enter any codes to receive this benefit at time of replenishment Bonus
"

Promo codes not eligible, really? Say it isn't so... Turk, how could you let this happen?
I suspect you still can get the bonuses or promotions -- but they are just not tripled.
Nothing to whine about.

Homura

horao
November 25, 2011, 5:46 pm
Curious,

deal it states:

"

Well, it means that the bonus minutes themselves are not eligible.
You get triple minutes, but any bonus minutes do not comply to the TMFL program.

I decided to get one of the HSN offered ones EXCLUSIVELY for today only because I always wanted to see this phone in person.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* horao .... that "Bonus Code statement" on HSN.com has been listed for all TMFL phones in the past sold on HSN.

* However, many people across the internet world, over the last 3-4 months, have said they have gotten Promo
* Codes to work normally with a TMFL phone bought from both HSN and a regular store.

* So I am confident Promotion Codes will still work with any TMFL phone bought from anywhere.. ;)

T U R K B-)
M
F
L

tfuser19

sweetiepoosmom
Same good HSN deal is still there, but they changed the link:
http://electronics.hsn.com/lg-touchscreen-prepaid-2mp-camera-phone-with

tfuser19

----> Now up to $119.95 <----

tfuser19
November 26, 2011, 2:40 am
sweetiepoosmom
Same good HSN deal is still there, but they changed the link:
http://electronics.hsn.com/lg-touchscreen-prepaid-2mp-camera-phone-with-

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I decided to move this information here to this topic - I wrote member tugalodan and told him - thanks - Turk.
tugalodan:

LG 800G on screen icons?
Anyone know of a link to on screen icons for the LG 800g?
tfuser19:

DoctorM:

There is no extensive documentation for all the icons on the LG 800G.
Most of them are fairly intuitive, and you can figure them out.

kvtx

The time on my LG 800G has not changed since the "fall back" time change that took place earlier this month.
I also have a LG 600G and the time change did occur on it.... Anybody else have this issue or a solution to it?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

kvtx
November 29, 2011, 9:40 am
The time on my LG 800G has not changed since the "fall back" time change that took place earlier this month.
I also have a LG 600G and the time change did occur on it.... Anybody else have this issue or a solution to it?
If you call customer support, they will have you take your battery out and then put it back in.
So try that and see if it works. Believe it or not, it seems to solve a lot of problems.
If that doesn't work, then call customer support.

kvtx

DoctorM
November 29, 2011, 11:33 am
kvtx
November 29, 2011, 9:40 am
If you call customer support, they will have you take your battery out and then put it back in.
So try that and see if it works. Believe it or not, it seems to solve a lot of problems.
If that doesn't work, then call customer support.
Taking the battery out (I also took out SIM card too) worked... Thank you so much for your help. :)
I have to remember that, customer service had me to that for another issue too - can't remember
what the issue was at the moment... Thanks again.

Tarkio101

I picked up the HSN deal. Got the LG 800g, 1300 minutes, car charger, 2 cases, free shipping. Price was 99.99.
But I had an HSN coupon for $20 off. I then ordered thru Big Crumbs and receive 4.8% cash back... Then, I split
the payments 3 ways with Flex Pay. I should be receiving it anytime now.

I am dying to try it! ... I'm coming off a contract plan with Sprint that I just don't need any more. This is perfect!

Tarkio101

Well, I've been playing with the phone for the last day, so have gotten to know most of the features. Overall, this
phone is much, much better than I was expecting.. The touch screen does require a little bit more pressure than
my android, but it's so responsive. There is no lag, especially in things like the music player, or even just flipping
between icon screens.

I'm working on getting some apps on it. I have a tetris game and Bolt browser so far. Am looking for more good ones.

Michael L.
Member Avatar

I have a question to ask my fellow 800G owners: HOW long is your Battery Life? Am wondering what "normal" is for
these babies... Seems like mine must be charged way to often [for my tastes] ... I don't even really use mine [it's on
standby IF I need it]... I think I charged it up like 4-5 days ago, set it aside, just went to do something with it and WALA...
Battery was totally DEAD... NOW charging!

TKS michael :'(

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Michael L.
December 1, 2011, 5:54 pm
I have a question to ask my fellow 800G owners: HOW long is your Battery Life? Am wondering what "normal" is for
these babies... Seems like mine must be charged way to often [for my tastes] ... I don't even really use mine [it's on
standby IF I need it]... I think I charged it up like 4-5 days ago, set it aside, just went to do something with it and WALA...

This was discussed in some older posts in the LG 800G thread.

How long your battery lasts between charges depends on what you're running, and leaving on while you
think your phone is off. It also depends on how strong the signal is in your area ... The weaker the signal,
the more power your phones uses trying to listen for a ping. receive a message, send a signal, or just talking.

Every time you receive a message, you battery usage jumps, even if you are not responding.
If you use Bluetooth, and fail to turn it off when you are through, its going to drain your battery faster.

If you are playing music, its going to drain your battery faster, and if you just unplug the earphones without
stopping the music player, it will continue to play and drain your battery.

If you are playing games, it is going to drain your battery faster. Etc., Etc.

Personally, I charge my battery anytime the battery icon drops a green bar, which is every two or three days.

Barbara

Hawki

I registered just so I could post the solution to this.
I just got my LG 800G yesterday and hit Level 261 (stop laughing! I couldn't use the phone until my minutes were loaded).

Took out the battery and re-installed - no good.

Went back into the game and selected the roundish gear figure in the upper left corner on the Main Container
screen where you can pick either Free or Challenge Mode.
Select "Data Reset"
Select "yes" to All Data Reset
Close ( "x" out of) the Options Screen

Waa-La ! She's up and running.

Barbara

Michael L.

I changed the Brightness of the screen and that helped with Battery life... I lowered it to 40%.

annepani

Michael L.

Having alarm entries turned on will drain battery power faster.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

DoctorM
November 25, 2011, 5:24 pm
sweetiepoosmom

Got one! "Today only" it says. Thanks for posting it with the link. This one will replaces the one stolen from my daughter.
This time I got the extended Warranty with it, since the price is so low - and its also free shipping and no taxes.
New TMFL LG 800G came in today's mail .... Checked the phone -- it is S/W version V10e.

Called TracFone headquarters and activated it in less than two minutes, including transferring old number
and minutes. CS mentioned the Phone is TMFL.

Went to HSN activation website for adding one year and 1300 minutes -- Website is very fast and simple,
but as of yet has not shown up on the phone.

My daughter is really glad to have an LG 800G again.
Ordered a new SanDisk 4G microSDHC Class 4 card from eBay for $5.50.

Haven't seen anything on the extended warranty yet.

tfuser19

DoctorM
December 4, 2011, 12:10 am
New TMFL LG 800G came in today's mail...
DoctorM,

Thanks for the info... Let us know how long it takes to get the 1300min/1yr update.

I received my two HSN.com LG 800Gs yesterday, but it will be a while before I get to activating them.

I decided to buy pay a little more for faster memory (for future use beyond the phone) and get:
Amazon Basics 4 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

tfuser19
December 4, 2011, 1:04 am
DoctorM
December 4, 2011, 12:10 am
New TMFL LG 800G came in today's mail...
DoctorM,

Thanks for the info... Let us know how long it takes to get the 1300min/1yr update.

I received my two HSN.com LG 800Gs yesterday, but it will be a while before I get to activating them.

I decided to buy pay a little more for faster memory (for future use beyond the phone) and get:
Amazon Basics 4 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter.
Wow! Thanks for the link! the Amazon microHDSC Class 10 is fast, cheap, at a very good price. and rave reviews.
I searched Amazon yesterday for microSD cards, but didn't see that one.

It would be interesting to know if the Class 10 actually translates into faster data transfers, faster running apps, etc.,
on the LG 800G.

Took 16 hours for HSN minutes and time to be added...

Tarkio101

Just got my signed version of Opera 6.5 working in Landscape, with the native qwerty keyboard.
Nice to have everything set just the way I like it. I am coming from using an Android phone.
Now, I am going on the hunt for any apps that I think would be useful for me.

This (Opera browser) is the last thing to get working perfectly on the phone.
I am absolutely loving it so far, and it has far exceeded my expectations!

For those interested, I got a data/charging cable, 4G SanDisk memory card, a 5 pack of screen protectors,
and a case (not gel, but a hard plastic case with the soft rubberized textured feel to it) on Amazon. $12 for
all, including shipping. They all arrived in less than a week and are working fine for me. Sure doesn't cost
much to accessorize:)

jbinmn

Tarkio101
November 30, 2011, 5:30 am
I picked up the HSN deal. Got the LG 800g, 1300 minutes, car charger, 2 cases, free shipping. Price was 99.99.
But I had an HSN coupon for $20 off. I then ordered thru Big Crumbs and receive 4.8% cash back... Then, I split
the payments 3 ways with Flex Pay. I should be receiving it anytime now.

I am dying to try it! ... I'm coming off a contract plan with Sprint that I just don't need any more. This is perfect!
Where did you get the HSN coupon? -- $99 was a good price -- I see they have raised it to $119 on sale!

tfuser19

DoctorM
December 4, 2011, 6:47 am
It would be interesting to know if the Class 10 actually translates into faster data transfers, faster running
apps, etc., on the LG 800G.
DoctorM .... Good to see your 1300min/1yr came through.

I agree, it would be good to know, but I'm not sure how to measure if a class 10 microSD translates into faster
data transfers, faster running apps, etc., on the LG 800G. I just figured it was worth spending the extra money
in case I need to use the memory in another device in the future.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.