Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: ... Other than your cell phone, what other portable WiFi/multimedia type devices do you own?
Apple iPad
Android Tablet
Apple iPod Touch
Samsung Galaxy Player
Other / None
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 800g Phone Topic
Topic Started: April 13, 2011, 6:59 pm (88,679 Views)
KLM
Member Avatar

@ sweetiepoosmom,

Thanks for the reports on both phones.

Do you happen to know in some way if your new triple minute phone is declared as one of the 'fixed' phones?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DoctorM
Member Avatar

KLM
August 7, 2011, 1:11 am
@ sweetiepoosmom,

Do you happen to know in some way if your new triple minute phone is declared as one of the 'fixed' phones?
I bought a HSN triple minute LG 800G for my daughter a few week ago.
As far as I can tell, there are no problems - and she uses it to message frequently.

sweetiepoosmom

DoctorM
August 7, 2011, 7:39 am
KLM
August 7, 2011, 1:11 am
@ sweetiepoosmom,

I bought a HSN triple minute LG 800G for my daughter a few week ago.
As far as I can tell, there are no problems - and she uses it to message frequently.
Both phones were purchased from HSN... Neither are replacements.

What I can tell you is that the first phone (double minutes) was part of the original release -- the release where some
but not all of the phones had the texting issues. I am not aware of any texting issues with the Double Minutes one
that I have but subsequently Inactivated when I purchased the Triple Minutes phone (I ported my phone number,
transferred the minutes and end date and then contacted Simplywireless for the 1200 minutes, 1 year of service and
the Triple Minutes).

I'm not a texter but I did ask some friends/co-workers to text me and so far, so good, no issues that others described.

marne
Member Avatar

Gee, I just bought the LG 420G and like it so much (my first tracfone experience) I was tempted to buy the LG 800G
because I heard it has the "keyboard" on the screen, but if the LG 800G is having problems, I better not.

Does the Motorola EX124G have the "keyboard" on the screen to text with?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Marne,
Yes, the EX124G has the keyboard on the screen for texting and if you turn it sideways so does the keyboard,
nice for bigger keys ... Before you rule out the LG 800G, supposedly they have fixed the glitches and are now
offering a new version of the LG 800G on the Tracfone/Net10 web sites again.

If you really want that phone follow the forums to see what people have to say about the new version ones, that
are supposedly fixed, if you're not in a hurry to get a phone... Hope that helps.

marne
Member Avatar

Thanks BobbyLee,

I shall check into that and read all to see what happens and find out what I can B4 I decide if I do or not.

geetown52
Member Avatar

Hello,
I am brand new on this forum and I may be doing this not quite right. I ordered my LG 800G from Amazon.com.
It was shipped out about two days ago. I got it today.. Amazon uses Shopcelldeals to send the phone etc. I got
triple minutes for 'life'... There were 1200 minutes with the phone plus 20 Tracfone throws in.

I was already a Tracfone user and I was able to carry my existing minutes to the new phone and keep the original
number... I have the newer software on this phone... There is a pin one uses to activate the triple minute feature.
The activating of the phone was complicated by the Tracfone web site shutting down and not responding. I called
support two times before I was activated and all my minutes caught up with the new phone.

My impression of the whole experience is very positive... It required a bit of patients as the support people were
unsure about the triple minutes... I am still 'feeling my way' with the phone and this site.

My question is, does any one know how to set the phones clock?... I have tried several thing but for some reason
the phone thinks it is Thursday, 11, 2011.

I guess my signature is geetown 52 and I am felling :) but a bit. :ermm:

DoctorM
Member Avatar

geetown52
August 10, 2011, 8:39 pm
Hello,
I am brand new on this forum and I may be doing this not quite right. I ordered my LG 800G from Amazon.com.
It was shipped out about two days ago. I got it today.. Amazon uses Shopcelldeals to send the phone etc. I got
triple minutes for 'life'... There were 1200 minutes with the phone plus 20 Tracfone throws in.

I was already a Tracfone user and I was able to carry my existing minutes to the new phone and keep the original
number... I have the newer software on this phone... There is a pin one uses to activate the triple minute feature.
The activating of the phone was complicated by the Tracfone web site shutting down and not responding. I called
support two times before I was activated and all my minutes caught up with the new phone.

My impression of the whole experience is very positive... It required a bit of patients as the support people were
unsure about the triple minutes... I am still 'feeling my way' with the phone and this site.

My question is, does any one know how to set the phones clock?... I have tried several thing but for some reason
the phone thinks it is Thursday, 11, 2011.

I guess my signature is geetown 52 and I am felling :) but a bit. :ermm:
There was a prior discussion about clock setting on the LG 800G many posts ago - I don't want to sort though them,
but the upshot was that you cannot reset the native clock -- it is updated by TracFone ... You might be able to find a
clock app to download that allows adjustment, but I haven't heard anyone doing that yet.

I keep my computer on NIST time (Naval Observatory Internet Time), which is different by a minute than the Tracfone
Time, which is also different from the time posted on the TV channels I watch... To keep NIST time updated requires
access to the internet, which would be costly on a cell phone unless you were on an unlimited plan.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Here is another source of free game apps: http://www.umnet.com

You have to sign up (free) to be able to download.
You can define your cell phone as an LG 800G and the listings will be limited to Java apps.

All the apps at UMNET show screen size... Remember that your screen size is 240 x 320, so stick to apps for that
screen size. There are a lot of apps for 240 x 400 that may load onto your phone, but you might not be able to see
the options or soft keys. All the apps at this website have a good description of the app, and user reviews.
So I don’t review here, except that it works on the LG 800G or not.

Some of the games have an option to show soft keys, which appears to disable the games touch-screen features.
I always press NO so I am purely touchscreen.

Some of these free apps only have one game you can play. Others have quite a lot of options. Most, if not all, of
these free games are demos – to play all the features/options requires that you buy the app.

Here are some of the free games/apps I have loaded in and tested on the LG 800G:

365 Card Pack – works good, good graphics.
5 Star Games – works very good, excellent graphics.
Abracadabra Ball – Maybe it works, I can’t figure it out. Very good graphics.
Absolute Tris – works ok, good graphics. A Tetris clone.
Arcadius – works good, good graphics.
Bejeweled – works good once started, very good graphics.
Note: top of OK/Yes soft key barely visible (on left bottom of touchscreen), but once playing works good, except
very bottom row may not visible. This might be 240x400 graphics that will work on a 240x320 screen.
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 – works good, good graphics.
Brain Challenge Vol 2 – works good, good graphics. Brain Teasers.
Dedraks Puzzle – I can’t figure out how this game plays, graphics ok.
Disney Board Games – works very good, good graphics.
Gem Drop Deluxe – works good, good graphics.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 – I can’t figure out how to play – probably only for 5th graders -
- Excellent graphics.
Monopoly Here & Now – works very good – excellent graphics.
Monty Python Cow Tossing (Angry Birds) – My 5th grade daughter likes this game -
- Frankly, I can’t figure it out.
OffRoad Dirt Motocross – works very good, excellent graphics.
Platinum Solitaire 2 – works very good – excellent graphics, several games -
- Tiny cards – I have to wear my thick glasses to play.
Pile Up! Candymania – works good, very good graphics.
Rainbow Tetris – Works sort of, plain graphics.
SPORE – works good, pretty good graphics, kind of cute.
Super Collapse! – Best Tetris/Bejewel-like game yet, perfect for a cell phone -
- My favorite time waster on a cell phone.
Super Yum Yum – I can’t figure this one out.
Super Mario – Appears to be just an ad for the game – doesn’t play!
Tetris Revolution – works good, good graphics.
Tic Tac Toe – very basic graphics, have to quit to play again.
XXX-Ray Scanner – This is a spam app as far as I can tell – nothing but an ad for X-rated games.

Note: I use a ball-point pen (retracted) as a stylus to play some of these games with finer detail.
The touch required is very light – much lighter than a finger, very accurate, and much faster screen response.
You can also tap the screen off the playing area to keep the backlighting bright.

I download these apps to my PC, because it doesn’t use up minutes, and it is faster. Then I transferred by Bluetooth
to the LG 800G. Bluetooth automatically places all transferred files in the proper folder. You can also transfer by the
data cable, in which case put all the apps in the folder marked “Other Files”

To activate an app, go to “My Stuff,” “Other Files,” and select the app you want to activate. A screen listing its attributes,
with the soft key on the bottom left that says “Continue,” will appear. Press “Continue.” -- The app will then be installed
by the LG 800G. When it is done, a screen shows “App installed in Games&Apps” with a “Yes” or “No” option to play it
now. Select “No” to load another app.

To play a game go back to the main screen, press menu [::], press “Games & Apps.”
A list will come up with the apps that installed successfully. Press on the app you want to open it.

nokia1100 to800g

I got the LG 800g touch screen so I could play angry birds. I know others who have the android touch screens and
they get it and I saw an Ad of some lady who said she liked tracfone cuz she gets to play angry birds in an elevator
but I can't find a way to get it on my LG 800g... Can anyone help me? ... Thanks

Edit: .. I just got the monty python cow tossing game downloaded to my LG 800g and found out that it's slow.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

LG 800G - TRIPLE MINUTES - and 1200 minutes available on Amazon.com for $120.

Also available on HSN for $140.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

nokia1100 to800g
August 16, 2011, 6:43 pm
I got the LG 800g touch screen so I could play angry birds. I know others who have the android touch screens and
they get it and I saw an Ad of some lady who said she liked tracfone cuz she gets to play angry birds in an elevator
but I can't find a way to get it on my LG 800g... Can anyone help me? ... Thanks
Read the post right above yours...

kvtx

I'm a newbie to the forums, and using the Net with a cell phone, so please please excuse stupid questions.

I just got an LG 800G.. I wanted to download apps from Getjar to my laptop and then transfer them to my cell as
people have recommended. It won't let me. I get the message to download to my phone and use a certain code.

But the problem is as I am sure you experts know the LG 800G is not listed on the site yet, so it won't recognize the
phone. I entered the LG T310 as the phone I had when searching for apps as some have suggested. I can't find an
option to download to my laptop... Am I missing it somewhere? ... Any help would be appreciated.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

kvtx
August 18, 2011, 8:36 pm
I'm a newbie to the forums, and using the Net with a cell phone, so please please excuse stupid questions.

I just got an LG 800G.. I wanted to download apps from Getjar to my laptop and then transfer them to my cell as
people have recommended. It won't let me. I get the message to download to my phone and use a certain code.

But the problem is as I am sure you experts know the LG 800G is not listed on the site yet, so it won't recognize the
phone. I entered the LG T310 as the phone I had when searching for apps as some have suggested. I can't find an
option to download to my laptop... Am I missing it somewhere? ... Any help would be appreciated.
That's why I go to UMnet.com which lists the LG 800G

kvtx

DoctorM
August 19, 2011, 11:32 am
kvtx

I went to UMmet but they wanted credit card information to register. Not keen on giving the information. I used a
site someone recommended called mobilerated.com that let me download to PC.. Now I have another problem.

HELP!
I was trying to pair my laptop and phone with Bluetooth in Windows 7 and one step required a code so I thought it
was the PIN on the phone.. Am I right in assuming that? .. I was trying to determine the default PIN code for my LG
800G and am now locked out of my phone. It is asking for the PUK code.. How do I get the PUK code?.. Why does
the phone have a PIN and PIN2 listed in the menu – what are they used for?.. By the way, what is the default PIN?

Just love trying to do something when you don’t know what the heck you are doing. :'(

DoctorM
Member Avatar

kvtx
August 19, 2011, 2:38 pm
DoctorM
kvtx

I went to UMmet but they wanted credit card information to register. Not keen on giving the information. I used a
site someone recommended called mobilerated.com that let me download to PC.. Now I have another problem.

HELP!
I was trying to pair my laptop and phone with Bluetooth in Windows 7 and one step required a code so I thought it
was the PIN on the phone.. Am I right in assuming that? .. I was trying to determine the default PIN code for my LG
800G and am now locked out of my phone. It is asking for the PUK code.. How do I get the PUK code?.. Why does
the phone have a PIN and PIN2 listed in the menu – what are they used for?.. By the way, what is the default PIN?

Just love trying to do something when you don’t know what the heck you are doing. :'(
Call TracFone on a land line - they can reset your phone for you.

As far as a Bluetooth pass code, it's a number you make up, or the computer can do it for you... It's best to search for
the LG 800G from your PC. There should be an option on your PC when you search for a new Bluetooth device that
will allow the computer to set a pass code for you - and you won't even have to remember it. The option should appear
the first time you select the Bluetooth device to connect to... After that, you don't ever have to worry about it again.

Before you link up, give your LG 800G a unique Bluetooth name (such as "Jack's LG 800G"), so you will always be
able to identify which devices are being found by your PC.

kvtx

DoctorM
August 19, 2011, 8:52 pm
kvtx
DoctorM
kvtx

HELP!

As far as a Bluetooth pass code, it's a number you make up, or the computer can do it for you... It's best to search for
the LG 800G from your PC. There should be an option on your PC when you search for a new Bluetooth device that
will allow the computer to set a pass code for you - and you won't even have to remember it. The option should appear
the first time you select the Bluetooth device to connect to... After that, you don't ever have to worry about it again.

Before you link up, give your LG 800G a unique Bluetooth name (such as "Jack's LG 800G"), so you will always be
Thanks for taking the time to help me. I live in the country and don't have a landline so I ended up going to a convenience store and using a phone to get the PUK code.

As to the pairing the phone to laptop - no success. On the laptop I made sure Bluetooth switch is on and laptop and phone are both set to discover each other, phone is not in sleep and not hidden from Bluetooth. I have enabled My Intel WiFi Technology (it shows WLAN highlighted but no symbol for Bluetooth - could that be the problem)? I have an ASUS laptop. I have searched from laptop and I have searched from the phone. I have a USB cable ordered so maybe I can get files transferred then.

I just started getting the duplicate text messages I've seen others mention. I did a test to myself from my email account to check it out because I don't do texting much. I sent the texts on 8-16-11 and got them 8-19-11. So now, have to decide if I want the exchange phone for another. I would appreciate anyone's suggestion for a phone as a replacement - one they are happy with. Thanks.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

kvtx
August 20, 2011, 4:44 am
DoctorM
August 19, 2011, 8:52 pm
kvtx
DoctorM
kvtx

HELP!

Thanks for taking the time to help me. I live in the country and don't have a landline so I ended up going to a convenience store and using a phone to get the PUK code.

As to the pairing the phone to laptop - no success. On the laptop I made sure Bluetooth switch is on and laptop and phone are both set to discover each other, phone is not in sleep and not hidden from Bluetooth. I have enabled My Intel WiFi Technology (it shows WLAN highlighted but no symbol for Bluetooth - could that be the problem)? I have an ASUS laptop. I have searched from laptop and I have searched from the phone. I have a USB cable ordered so maybe I can get files transferred then.

I just started getting the duplicate text messages I've seen others mention. I did a test to myself from my email account to check it out because I don't do texting much. I sent the texts on 8-16-11 and got them 8-19-11. So now, have to decide if I want the exchange phone for another. I would appreciate anyone's suggestion for a phone as a replacement - one they are happy with. Thanks.
Bluetooth and WiFi are different technologies. Though both are wireless, they operate on different frequencies and do not interface. WiFi is medium range (several hundred feet) wireless system, while Bluetooth is short range (several feet). On your laptop, go to Control Panel. If you don't see the Bluetooth symbol (a backward K joined to B), then your laptop is not Bluetooth ready, and you will have to buy a Bluetooth dongle (a USB device that looks more or less like a flash drive). You can buy these on Amazon.com or eBay for a few dollars to several dollars. I bought mine for $3 from Hong Kong a year ago or so, and it works flawlessly. A data cable is also a good solution. I have both.

As to your text message problems -- I personally haven't encountered any on my two LG 800G units, so I can't really help you. The problem sounds like a carrier problem rather than a phone problem. In any case TracFone will either send you a new sim card, a new LG 800G, or replace it with a Motorola 124G, also a touch screen. Most people report the 124G as a better phone (more features). I have a Moto 124G on the way (LG 800G goes to my younger daughter), but until it gets here I can't comment on it.

I hope this helps.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

LG 800G CALENDAR APP

The LG 800G’s native calendar does more than just show the days of the month. It also a surprisingly feature rich scheduler. Not only will it do simple repeated dates like birthdays and anniversaries, but it will also do more complex schedules. If you need help figuring it out, here is an example of a repeated biweekly schedule. It takes much longer to write about it than it does to actually do it

EXAMPLE: A school has an A and B class schedule. The A schedule consists of the same classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday one week, and the next week Tuesdays and Thursday. The B schedule are classes on the other days.

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
- A B A B A
- B A B A B -

This pattern repeats every two weeks.

Here is how to input a repeating bi-weekly “A” schedule into the LG 800G’s native Calendar app:

1. On the main screen should be a calendar icon (current month, year, date, and day of week). If it is not there, you can put it there by tapping on the blue tab with a white triangle on the bottom of the screen to change to insert mode, find the calendar icon on the bottom bar and tap it twice to move it up to the main screen. Tap the blue tab with the white triangle at the top of the screen to go back to display mode.

If you don’t have room for the calendar icon on the main screen, you can also access the calendar by tapping the menu icon [::], and sliding your finger across the screen to bring up the second page.

2. Tap the calendar icon once to open it. On the bottom right hand of the touch screen is a tab that will either say DAILY, or WEEKLY. Tap this tab so that it says WEEKLY. (Note: if you don’t have WEEKLY showing you won’t be able to access the Repeat Weekly or Monthly options.) Then tap the calendar on the start date to go to input mode.

3. In input mode, tap ADD at the bottom of the screen to bring up the type of schedule (APPOINTMENT, ANNIVERSARY, BIRTHDAY.) Tap APPOINTMENT.

4. Tap SUBJECT to enter a subject. In this Example, I enter “A-day.” Tap OK

5. Tap LOCATION to enter a location. In this example I enter the school name. Tap OK.

6. If it is an all day event, tap the switch to turn it on. If not, skip to next field.

7. Tap the START DATE field to enter a start date. By default, the current date, or the date you previously tapped, is shown. Tap OK to finish and return to the input menu.

8. Tap the START TIME field to enter start time. Type OK to finish and return to the input menu.

9. Tap the END DATE field to enter and end date. (Note: this is normally the same as the start date.) Type OK to finish and return to the input menu.

10. Tap the END TIME field to enter end time. Type OK to finish and return to the input menu.

11. Tap the ALARM button is you want to activate an alarm for this schedule. If not, skip it.

12. Tap MORE to bring up additional menu items.

13. Tap ALERT TYPE, ALARM TONE, or VOLUME if you are going to have a sound. If not, skip these options.

14. If the event is a HOLIDAY tap the switch to activate this feature. If not, skip it.

15. If the event is repeated tap the REPEAT input field. The default is “not repeated.” In this example we tap REPEAT and a selection menu should appear with the following options: Not Repeated, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Annually. For this example, Tap WEEKLY. A sub-menu should appear with options – cursor down the options menu until EVERY appears, and underneath it is an input screen for the number of weeks in the repeat cycle. Input the number of weeks the schedule repeats. In this example we input a 2. Tap OK to finish and return to the input menu.

16. At the bottom of the input menu is a MEMO button. Tap to input a memo, such as classes Subject and start times. At the very bottom of the screen is a SAVE button. Tap SAVE when you are finished.

You will have to repeat this for each “A” day in the two week period. There would normally not be a need to input a “B” schedule, since week days that are not “A” days are “B” days.

Volf

So far so good... Still no problems (knock on wood).

I like the browser, but the one problem I can't figure out is:

When I'm on a website, not sure what I did, but the text gets so small it looks like dots and is unreadable.
Can't figure out what to do to restore the text to the readable size?
I have to close the browser and reconnect to the web page so I can read it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks!

kvtx

Volf
August 21, 2011, 9:06 am
So far so good... Still no problems (knock on wood).

I like the browser, but the one problem I can't figure out is:

When I'm on a website, not sure what I did, but the text gets so small it looks like dots and is unreadable.

I did that too... I accidently tapped the magnifying glass symbol on the screen on the bottom right.
Tapping it again should bring text back where you can read it.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Volf
August 21, 2011, 9:06 am

Volf,
I assume you're talking about Opera Mini? If so, the next time the text looks like tiny little dots you should
be able to touch the area on that web page you want to zoom-in on and it will zoom-in so it's readable.
You shouldn't have to exit Opera and restart it, just zoom-in... Hope that helps.

Here is a good reference page on using Opera Mini to bookmark: http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/guide/

Volf

kvtx
August 22, 2011, 7:15 pm
I did that too... I accidently tapped the magnifying glass symbol on the screen on the bottom right.
Tapping it again should bring text back where you can read it.
Thanks... That worked.
I had the page on full screen and must have tapped the magnifying symbol.

Volf

BobbyLee
August 22, 2011, 8:03 pm
Volf,
I assume you're talking about Opera Mini? If so, the next time the text looks like tiny little dots you should
be able to touch the area on that web page you want to zoom-in on and it will zoom-in so it's readable.
You shouldn't have to exit Opera and restart it, just zoom-in... Hope that helps.

Here is a good reference page on using Opera Mini to bookmark: http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/guide/
Was using the default browser when that happened.
I have Opera Mini but mostly use the Tracfone browser.
I did bookmark that reference page... Thanks.

kvtx

Something peculiar I experienced with my LG 800G ... I cannot call my other cell phone with it (a LG 600G).
I get a message "your call cannot be completed at this time, Please try again later." I can call other numbers
on the LG 800G so the phone is working. I can call from the LG 600G to the LG 800G and other numbers also.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I called Tracfone CS and they did a test to the LG 600G and the call
came through... Looks like another glitch with the LG 800G.

Volf

kvtx
August 23, 2011, 7:01 pm
Something peculiar I experienced with my LG 800G ... I cannot call my other cell phone with it (a LG 600G).
I get a message "your call cannot be completed at this time, Please try again later." I can call other numbers
on the LG 800G so the phone is working. I can call from the LG 600G to the LG 800G and other numbers also.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I called Tracfone CS and they did a test to the LG 600G and the call
came through... Looks like another glitch with the LG 800G.
I had similar problems with calling and sending text messages and got the same message that you got.
Even when I had bars. But if I moved a some distance away no problem... Maybe there are dead zones.

Does that happen to you when you are in a different location calling your LG 600G?

LFFBSYSTEMS

Is it possible to add an external GPS bluetooth unit to the LG 800G, and then get GPS apps to work?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

LFFBSYSTEMS
August 24, 2011, 9:43 pm
Is it possible to add an external GPS bluetooth unit to the LG 800G, and then get GPS apps to work?
It should.. The Bluetooth connection should be the easy part. Converting the raw data from the GPS unit will
require an app that knows the GPS raw data format and what to do with it. The best cell phone app would be
from the manufacturer of the Bluetooth capable GPS unit... It must be a java app, capable of displaying on a
240 x 320 pixal screen.

If you are going to buy GPS equipment and GPS app software, make sure you can return it for a full refund for a
reasonable period to try it out. Why don't you experiment with it and let us know your results. Running Bluetooth
constantly will drain your battery faster, so you might also want a vehicle charging unit for the LG 800G.

AlohaGeek

I may be coming to this game a little late, but I have seen a lot of questions about where to find gear for the LG 800G.
I bought the phone, miniSD card, data cable, and hands-free 3.5mm headset from Amazon.
I paid $30.00 for the phone, but I see prices ranging from that, up to $115, so I imagine you will need to shop wisely.
Most of the gear is pretty inexpensive though.

LindaC

How do I know what browser I am using?

Thanks.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

LindaC,
The native browser really doesn't have anything to identify it but Opera Mini puts 'Opera Mini' on the top of the
screen and looks like the Opera Mini theme while Bolt browser has 'Bolt' at the top of the screen and looks like
the Bolt theme. It also will say "Bolt Loading" in the center of the screen for 15 seconds before it opens.

So, if there is no 'Bolt' or 'Opera Mini' visible at the top of the screen when you first open them then it's probably
the native browser... Have you installed any other browser on your phone?

josim

My wife has had the Tracfone LG 800G for a few weeks and has found the calendar very useful.
I may also upgrade from my LG 420G ... Is there a way to sync the calenders in two LG 800's?

I have see an app that is suppose to allow 2-way syncing between the phone and gmail calendar,
is anyone using that?

Thanks,
John

KLM
Member Avatar

Hi josim,

Unfortunately calendar syncing is not possible with the LG 420G.
Calendar information is not accessible by any transfer method as the calendar is self contained.

KLM

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Just ordered my 3rd LG 800G. New, 1200 minutes, Triple Minutes for life from Amazon.com for $109.
That's almost like getting the phone for free... So far I haven't had any problems with the LG 800G.

This new unit replaces my Motorola EX124G, which I sent back to TracFone for a full refund.
Between the two, the LG is by far the better value.

Rose

The true test for the LG 800G phone was on vacation in Montana where cell phone service is spotty.
We received cell phone service in two of the three areas we previously had with other phones.

Sending photos was a different experience. With my previous tracfone LG phone, I was able to take a photo
and send like a text message.. We tried this with the LG 800G phones and received an error message each
time - check data restrictions - 36. The message failed each time even with resizing the photo to the smallest
possible size. I thought perhaps it was because I had two photos saved to the internal memory.
Deleted those... still same error code. (All photos are saved to the 4 gb card).

Return home and the phone works fine sending photos. I called Tracfone today and they said I didn't have a
problem. Yes, I have a problem because I want to be able to send photos when I am on vacation. They said
to call back when you are in the area. Wow.... not an acceptable answer to me.

Just wondering if anyone has received this type of error message when trying to send photos away from their
"home" area, or if anyone knows what the error message is referring to?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Rose,
Just wondering, do you have an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card in your current phone and is it the same as your
previous Tracfone? ... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the "Check data restriction -36" pops-up when
you try to send MMS messages or try to access the the internet when you are roaming on a network other
than your primary network. If it had been about the size of the image it probably would have said max size
exceeded or something like that.

I'm betting your previous Tracfone had an AT&T SIM and your current phone has a T-Mobile SIM, could be
the reverse but less likely.

Edit Added: If you don't know how to tell if it is a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM, go Menu>Prepaid>SIM Number.
If it starts with 890141 it is on the AT&T network and if it starts with 890126 it is on the T-Mobile network.

Rose

BobbyLee
September 4, 2011, 4:20 pm
Rose,
Just wondering, do you have an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card in your current phone and is it the same as your
previous Tracfone? ... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the "Check data restriction -36" pops-up when
you try to send MMS messages or try to access the the internet when you are roaming on a network other
than your primary network. If it had been about the size of the image it probably would have said max size

I'm betting your previous Tracfone had an AT&T SIM and your current phone has a T-Mobile SIM, could be

Edit Added: If you don't know how to tell if it is a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM, go Menu>Prepaid>SIM Number.
If it starts with 890141 it is on the AT&T network and if it starts with 890126 it is on the T-Mobile network.
Thanks Bobby Lee for your reply. I just checked the SIM number and it is on the AT&T as it begins with 890141...
The previous phone was on on AT&T also I believe.

I was surprised with not being able to send text messages or make calls in one of the small towns we were in.
Although we were in remote Montana, I was on top of a hill with 4 signal bars and the cell phone tower was
higher up on another hill. This is the place we have gone to make calls in previous years.. the call would say
'sending', then it was just like a dropped call. I spoke with someone in the small town and they thought unless
you had Verizon, you couldn't get cell phone service, however I thought Tracfone was supposed to work off any
other provider's towers.
This wasn't the most frustrating thing as I could live without cell phone service, that's why we go to the wilderness. B-)

As for sending the photos, when we had cell phone service, the word "roam" was on the front screen above the
scrolling message telling you how many minutes and service days are left... A little box with R was up at the top
of the screen. When we got to the Minneapolis airport last night, the phone said "home". Today, the phone says
"home" and we are at home which is more than 600 miles from the Minneapolis airport. :) I could understand
if the photos were huge, but they were the smallest possible sizes.

I would definitely welcome any other ideas or suggestions as I am going back to Montana in 3 weeks and want
to send photos back home... Thanks in advance.

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
September 4, 2011, 4:20 pm
Rose,

In my case when I get the 'Check data restriction-36' I've found I get it when trying to access internet from anything
but my home zip code. It doesn't matter if my phone shows 'home' or not. If I'm away from my zip code, no internet.
I haven't yet found any restriction sending pics... All of this on US Cellular (AT&T).

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Rose
September 4, 2011, 7:57 pm
...The previous phone was on on AT&T also I believe.

I spoke with someone in the small town and they thought unless you had Verizon, you couldn't get cell
phone service, however I thought Tracfone was supposed to work off any other provider's towers.
OK, so you're not positive your previous phone was AT&T? Do you know for sure if it was a GSM phone or CDMA
phone?... If you don't know the answer to that question do you know the model number of your previous phone?

Tracfone uses other provider's networks to provide as many people as possible coverage but basically you either
get a T-Mobile phone, a Verizon phone, or an AT&T phone and the coverage is not the same. They pick one that
should work around your home area. Your phone will not roam to all three. AT&T may roam to T-Mobile (they are
both GSM) and vice versa but they won't use the Verizon network which is a CDMA network.

Verizon phones won't roam on either GSM network. Since your current phone is definitely an LG 800G on the AT&T
network then your old phone that worked fine was probably on the T-Mobile or Verizon network. If you can't find out
for sure that your previous phone was on AT&T find out what the phone model number of the old phone was (now
I'm thinking maybe it was a CDMA phone).

In addition to the model number of the old phone how about telling me the zip code or the city in Montana where
you are having the problems so I can check the coverage in that area?

Note: Please don't take any of this the wrong way or be offended, I don't know what your level of understanding is,
so some of my questions may sound stupid to you.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator,
Ok, then you get into who is providing the AT&T service for you and what pipelines (MMS, text, internet) they allow
from one to the other, that's another issue. Just wondering for my own info, how do you know your's is US Cellular?
Did you check the SID it's using?

Rose's problem is it worked fine, she changed phones, now it doesn't work anymore. In my opinion, it sounds like
she switched networks without realizing it, either going from CDMA to GSM (AT&T) or from T-Mobile to AT&T.

KLM
Member Avatar

(Rose's dilemma) Yep, can't data roam... On BobbyLee's comment on not knowing what MMS pipeline used,
that's probably it really, that something has changed there. I have seen some phones that have an MMS gate
way that may be 'Tracfone.com' and on another phone with the same Carrier/SIM be something else like
cingular.com (AT&T) for MMS gateway. So if you are in roam and don't have an agreement in that area to do
anything but voice roam. well...that's all you can do.

Rose asked for suggestions due to going over the road again soon. Well, being phones are so cheap now,
some buy a phone they know that will work in the area they are to visit and use that... You just have to let
everyone know you'll have a new temporary number. This is probably not what you were thinking of suggestion
wise, but it's cheap and it works.

I know some folks that carry a 'sack of phones', (not related to the famous 'Wall of phones'), keep them all active
with prepaid cards, and pull out the one that works was they travel.

We sure could use a quad band, quad NAM model at times. :D

KLM

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
September 4, 2011, 8:49 pm
Ok, then you get into who is providing the AT&T service for you and what pipelines (MMS, text, internet) they allow
from one to the other, that's another issue. Just wondering for my own info, how do you know your's is US Cellular?

Did you check the SID it's using? Rose's problem is it worked fine, she changed phones, now it doesn't work anymore.
In my opinion, it sounds like she switched networks without realizing it, either going from CDMA to GSM (AT&T) or from
T-Mobile to AT&T.
How do I know its US Cellular? ... There are only 2 major 'providers' in most of Wisconsin, Cellcom & US Cellular.
AT&T/Verizon/Sprint all contract with USC and Cellcom is... Cellcom. When I use my AT&T voicemail, the ending
message says thanks for using US Cellular.

Why I only have internet in my own zip code I believe is probably some agreement between AT&T & USC.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Thanks for the reply, our coverage is such a mish mash (lots of small companies) I end up
checking SIDs to figure out who's providing my service while I'm traveling around especially
when I experience text or internet access problems... Thanks again.

josim

KLM
September 4, 2011, 1:13 am
Hi josim,
Unfortunately calendar syncing is not possible with the LG 420G.
Calendar information is not accessible by any transfer method as the calendar is self contained.
KLM,
Thanks for the response! It would be sweet if two 800's calenders could be sync'd... That way, the wife and I
could always be on the same page. Thanks again for the quick knowledgeable response! This forum rocks!

John

rich in STL

Different calendar Problem

Using the built in calendar in my LG 800G when I try to add another appointment I get a MEMORY FULL error message.

When I check Memory Settings I get "Schedules 100/100"

Do I need a "Heavier Duty" Calendar??

Adlie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and new to the LG 800g (but not new to tracfone). I've been following this thread (lots of
great info!), but I'm having some problems and was wondering if anyone here could possibly help me?

I followed the instructions posted here to d/l a java game from UMmet. I've d/l'd it directly to the phone and directly
to the pc (and then moving it to the phone)... However, after I click "no" on the display keyboard option, I get the
following message...

no class def found occurred

I get the same message if I click on "yes".

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? :( (thank you)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 6, 2011, 2:04 pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and new to the LG 800g (but not new to tracfone). I've been following this thread (lots of
great info!), but I'm having some problems and was wondering if anyone here could possibly help me?

I followed the instructions posted here to d/l a java game from UMmet. I've d/l'd it directly to the phone and directly
to the pc (and then moving it to the phone)... However, after I click "no" on the display keyboard option, I get the
following message...

I've downloaded quite a few apps and games from UM and installed them on the LG 800G. A large percentage
of the UM apps simply do not work, no matter what you do. Some of them won't install, and some won't run after
you install them. Trust the LG 800G to know what it can install and what it can't. It will install and run some apps
that the Moto EX124G will not, for instance.

I download to my PC to save on minutes.

If I transfer to the LG 800G by data cable, I put the downloaded file into the OTHER folder. Then, after I have
disconnected the LG 800G from the computer, I go to the OTHER folder and click on the downloaded file.
The LG will look at it and will tell you if it can process it. If it says it can't, just give up right there.

If you transfer by Bluetooth, the LG 800G puts the download in the right folder.

Assuming you downloaded an install-able app, go back up to my post #309 to see how to install it.
Again, trust the LG 800G. If it can't install it, the app is probably hacked and/or damaged.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Speaking of downloads from UMnet, here are some more games and apps I downloaded and successfully installed
on the LG 800G... Four of them are animated GIF files that are really cute.

ANIMATED GIFS
Walking skeleton (Skeleton++screensaver+240x320) – animated GIF file, really cute and a little bit spooky.
Animated GIFS belong in PICTURES

Eye of God (Animated+eye+of+God) – animated GIF file, really spooky and sort of disturbing in a ghoulish sort of way.

Dragon (Animated+multiclour+dragon+screensaver-240x400) – animated GIF file, changes colors.

Fiery Phoenix (animated+phoenix+screensaver+240x320) – animated GIF file, Flying phoenix on fire.

The LG 800G does not have a screensaver option, but the above files will animate when viewed in MY STUFF/PICTURES.
They will also animate when viewed singularly in the GALLERY, but will not animate in the SLIDE SHOW.
You can save them as wallpaper, but they will not animate as wallpaper.

APPS
The following apps also were downloaded and successfully installed.

World Map (WorldMap+v1.1) – You can zoom in and out and pan across a very large map of the world.
Not much detail, but countries stand out in different colors.

MiniExcel (Mini+Excel+176x208) – actually works. Kind of clunky to use. I was able to input numbers ok.
I didn’t try formulas.

Graph Viwer (GraphViewer+v1.08b) – Installed ok, and works. It is a scientific calculator and graph plotter.
Pretty cool app.

There are more, but I haven’t checked them out yet on the LG 800G.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

rich in STL
September 6, 2011, 12:22 pm
Different calendar Problem

Using the built in calendar in my LG 800G when I try to add another appointment I get a MEMORY FULL error message.

When I check Memory Settings I get "Schedules 100/100"

Do I need a "Heavier Duty" Calendar??
I believe I also got a "memory full" error message when I was first playing with the scheduler function of the Calendar.
I solved it by deleting a bunch of events that really were repeated events that I was saving as separate events.

There apparently is a limit to the number of separate events you can save in the calendar, but I don't have a
good handle on just what that number is... I suspect it may be only 9.

If any of your separate events are really just repeats, use the repeat function so that you only save one event.

Try counting how many separate events you can save before you get an error message, then report back to us
your findings... Experimenting is the only way we have to see what works and what the limits are.

selw0nk
Member Avatar

So I bought the LG 800G at Target the other day and checked the firmware and it's updated to S/W Version V10e

Model Number
LG800GHL

S/W Version
V10e

H/W version
Rev1.0

I haven't activated it since I am still using the Moto EX124G, which I am starting to hate with the touch screen.

josim

I believe the calendar is limited to 100 events. That is why Rich got the mem ful error "100/100".
Wife currently has 16/100 reading on her calender.

rich in STL

josim
September 7, 2011, 4:44 am
I believe the calendar is limited to 100 events. That is why Rich got the mem ful error "100/100".
Right - I deleted a bunch of OLD stuff, 100/100 dropped down and I was again able to save stuff.

I walk with my pal every Wed, Fri & Sun. I put that in as 3 different repeating events. Any way to do it as ONE event?

Adlie

DoctorM
September 7, 2011, 12:38 am
Adlie
September 6, 2011, 2:04 pm
Hi Everyone,

following message...

I've downloaded quite a few apps and games from UM and installed them on the LG 800G. A large percentage
of the UM apps simply do not work, no matter what you do. Some of them won't install, and some won't run after
you install them. Trust the LG 800G to know what it can install and what it can't. It will install and run some apps
that the Moto EX124G will not, for instance.

I download to my PC to save on minutes.

If I transfer to the LG 800G by data cable, I put the downloaded file into the OTHER folder. Then, after I have
disconnected the LG 800G from the computer, I go to the OTHER folder and click on the downloaded file.
The LG will look at it and will tell you if it can process it. If it says it can't, just give up right there.

If you transfer by Bluetooth, the LG 800G puts the download in the right folder.

Assuming you downloaded an install-able app, go back up to my post #309 to see how to install it.
Again, trust the LG 800G. If it can't install it, the app is probably hacked and/or damaged.
DoctorM, thank you! ... Your post has helped me so much. :)

I followed your instructions and was able to successfully d/l and install a game to my LG 800g phone.

Kudos to you!

Adlie

selw0nk
September 7, 2011, 4:33 am
So I bought the LG 800G at Target the other day and checked the firmware and it's updated to S/W Version V10e

Model Number
LG800GHL

S/W Version
V10e

H/W version
Rev1.0

I haven't activated it since I am still using the Moto EX124G, which I am starting to hate with the touch screen.
I bought my LG 800g at Target this past Sunday. These are my specs (wonder why the s/w version is different?)

Model Number
LG800GHL

S/W Version
V10d

H/W version
Rev1.0

selw0nk
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Read this on the Q&A page on the Walmart website:

Q: LG 800g... Is this the newer version with the updated software?... I am looking to get one for my son.

A: The only way to get the new software is to buy the phone form the Tracfone/Net10 website... If you buy from an
outside source before you activate it you can go to the phone's menu Menu>Settings>Phone>Information>Device
Information and look for “S/W Version.” ... If it says v10d that's the old version. The new version is v10e.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

selw0nk
September 7, 2011, 3:05 pm
Posted Image

Read this on the Q&A page on the Walmart website:

Q: LG 800g... Is this the newer version with the updated software?... I am looking to get one for my son.

A: The only way to get the new software is to buy the phone form the Tracfone/Net10 website... If you buy from an
outside source before you activate it you can go to the phone's menu Menu>Settings>Phone>Information>Device
Information and look for “S/W Version.” ... If it says v10d that's the old version. The new version is v10e.
I got the "d" version om both my old sets. But I haven't encountered any particular problem with either. I'm not
convinced the messaging issue is entirely with the phone, but may also involve certain carriers or antiquated
equipment.

Nevertheless, I wonder if an upgrade can be installed by download? I haven't got my new sets yet, but I suspect
they will also be "d" -- and that's probably why they are triple minutes for life phones.

What does S/W stand for anyway?... Anybody know?

annepani

S/W stands for software.

H/W or HW stands for hardware.

10d, 10e, etc are the version.

Adlie

Thanks selw0nk and DoctorM for sharing that... My phone does indeed have the "d" version.

Can you tell me what that means in terms of performance? I haven't encountered any problems (that I'm aware of).
I've sent text msgs and they've been received just fine. Is the problem when someone is sending one to me?

Does Tracfone ever update its firmware once you own the phone?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

I'm not sure what it means, if anything. I know spam calls and spam messages are a problem that have nothing to
do with the phone. But most of the complaints seem to be about messages generated by the LG 800G, so it may
be a glitch with the software on some units. Perhaps the manufacturing and assembly is spread out over several
centers, or even subcontracted out, so that only certain units were affected.

I sent LG an e-mail message to see if the upgrade can be installed on TracFone units. LG does have a software
upgrade capability, but the LG 800G is not listed on the LG site... I'll post the answer here, assuming I get one.

Adlie

DoctorM
September 8, 2011, 7:34 am
I'm not sure what it means, if anything. I know spam calls and spam messages are a problem that have nothing to
do with the phone. But most of the complaints seem to be about messages generated by the LG 800G, so it may
be a glitch with the software on some units. Perhaps the manufacturing and assembly is spread out over several

I sent LG an e-mail message to see if the upgrade can be installed on TracFone units. LG does have a software
upgrade capability, but the LG 800G is not listed on the LG site... I'll post the answer here, assuming I get one.
I've had my particular cell number for a few years (I just transfer everything when I buy a new phone) and so far,
things have been ok in regards to spam. I don't share my number with anyone (just family really) so no one actually
knows the number. Would that have something to do with reducing spam?

Can you tell me more about the phone generated messages though?
Does the phone just spontaneously send messages out to people on your contact list?

I remember when I owned the LG 500g (prior to the LG 800g), the phone had a completely different name at the
LG site. At the LG site, it was called the "LG-C105" which for all intents and purposes, was the same phone as the
LG 500g, just renamed. I'm thinking that might be the case with the LG 800G as well.

Thanks DoctorM, it will be interesting to see if LG replies to you.

Adlie

Found this tidbit of info... LG 800G is also known as the Plum2G which is also known as the Cookie Style T310.

Here is a video review of the cookie style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6h3yNHq8U

Specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_cookie_style_t310-3458.php

Also, I'm really pleased with the image quality from this phone:

Posted Image

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 8, 2011, 9:42 am
DoctorM
September 8, 2011, 7:34 am

I've had my particular cell number for a few years (I just transfer everything when I buy a new phone) and so far,
things have been ok in regards to spam. I don't share my number with anyone (just family really) so no one actually
knows the number. Would that have something to do with reducing spam?

Can you tell me more about the phone generated messages though?
Does the phone just spontaneously send messages out to people on your contact list?

I remember when I owned the LG 500g (prior to the LG 800g), the phone had a completely different name at the
LG site. At the LG site, it was called the "LG-C105" which for all intents and purposes, was the same phone as the
LG 500g, just renamed. I'm thinking that might be the case with the LG 800G as well.

Thanks DoctorM, it will be interesting to see if LG replies to you.
About the claimed messaging problems -- I can't comment because I never suffered such.
I have received spam, and continue to, but less and less.
I have also seen lists of cell phone numbers on the internet, so I know this is being done by spammers.

Here is the reply I just now got from LG concerning the S/W version:

QUOTE:
I appreciate you contacting LG Electronics, I understand your concern, and it will be my pleasure to do
all that I can to assist you further.

If S/W version 10e is showing up on newer versions of the LG800G, then it would be at the discretion of
TracFone to make it available to you as this is their agreement with LG at present.

I would reach out to them ASAP if you wish to update from 10d to 10e if possible.

I hope this information will help you... Please also feel free to contact TracFone to speak with a Live
Representative for any other Operational/Technical Support or Warranty Replacement concerns you
may have toll free at 800-867-7183!

Thank you again for contacting LG Electronics, it was my pleasure to serve you, many thanks for being
an LG Customer, be blessed, and have a wonderful day, Sir!

D. Stanley Jr.
Email Administrator, LGEAI
UNQUOTE

I called the TracFone support number given, which are call centers overseas somewhere, and basically got
nowhere with the S/W version upgrade question.. Then I called the Miami office, and here is what they said:
What they do with older LG 800G's having text messaging problems is replace the entire phone with a newer
LG 800G with the newer S/W version. They then discard the old phone -- they do not do a software upgrade.

I think that is the end of the discussion as far as TracFone is concerned. I don't know for sure, but some posters
getting a new LG 800G, or a EX124G, as a replacement gave the impression that they did not even have to send
the old LG 800G back to TracFone.

Adlie

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't encounter any messaging problems.

I don't doubt you had problems with tech support. All my calls to them are sooo long, I eventually just give up.
How did you get the Miami office?... I can't remember ever talking to them.

Hubby bought me another LG 800g tonight in case I want to see if that one has the newer S/W version on it.

I'm still debating...

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 8, 2011, 11:58 pm
How did you get the Miami office?
Right here in this forum -- their number is 1-800-876-5753.
I would only use it to resolve problems that the customer service crew cannot.

selw0nk
Member Avatar

@DoctorM .... What phone did you have before the LG 800G and the Moto EX124G?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

selw0nk
September 9, 2011, 2:15 am
@DoctorM .... What phone did you have before the LG 800G and the Moto EX124G?
I didn't originally have any cell phone for myself until a couple of months ago. Just didn't see any utility in it
before the LG 800G came out.

I first bought my wife a TracFone LG 420G maybe five years ago for emergencies - so she should call me if
she had a problem going to/from or at work, or going to the store or shopping alone.

Earlier this year my wife complained that the LG 420G wouldn't work. But the truth is that she was now into
iPods and iPads, and wanted an iPhone. But I can't justify the expense of an iPhone, so earlier this summer
I bought her and my oldest daughter (6th grader) Samsung T301G's, and my youngest daughter (3rd grader)
inherited the LG 420G (which does work, despite my wife's complaint.)

Then with everybody else I cared about having a cell phone, I decided to get one for myself, and chose the
LG 800G, which turned out (for me) to be a good pick. The LG 800G, being something of a PDA, sold me on
having one in my pocket, even if I made few calls on it. Kind of like a Swiss army knife, it was useful for other
things, such as wasting time playing games. But it also had a music player, which is what I use it for most.
I probably only initiate five calls a year on it, and maybe initiate five messages.

Then my oldest daughter (6th grader) liked my LG 800G, so I bought another one for her, this one with triple
minutes. Her Samsumg T301G went to my youngest daughter. The 420G was striped of its minutes and time,
but otherwise is still active.

Then I upgraded myself to a Moto EX124G a couple of weeks ago, which I don't like and am sending back.
I gave my LG 800G to my youngest daughter. My wife was still holding out for an iPhone.

My youngest daughter and my wife decided their Samsung T301G's were just too plain for them... I convinced
my wife that there was no iPhone in her future, at least from me, then I ordered two more LG 800G's on the way
for them. These new ones are triple minutes, but really price discounted.

The LG 420G and the two Samsung T301G's will be retired. They were cheap enough just to throw away,
but since they all work, I'll probably offer them on eBay cheap.

That's my history in cell phones. It is their convergence with the PDA that finally hooked me. Now I look for an even
more powerful PDA, but with a TracFone cell pay plan, since, for me, the cellular capability is almost secondary.

Adlie

Thanks DoctorM for that Miami phone number. Hopefully, cust service will be able to resolve any issues I have.

After reading your last post, I have to say that I don't use my cell phone either. I take it along with me, but hardly..
if ever.. turn it on. I do use it to play poker while waiting for the little one to finish her ballet class though.

We own 2 iPods and find that those deliver more than enough entertainment for us. We considered iPhones at one
point long ago but then decided we didn't want to have those expensive call/data package payments every month.
Especially for two people who don't really call anyone.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 9, 2011, 11:17 am
Thanks DoctorM for that Miami phone number. Hopefully, cust service will be able to resolve any issues I have.

After reading your last post, I have to say that I don't use my cell phone either. I take it along with me, but hardly..
if ever.. turn it on. I do use it to play poker while waiting for the little one to finish her ballet class though.

We own 2 iPods and find that those deliver more than enough entertainment for us. We considered iPhones at one
point long ago but then decided we didn't want to have those expensive call/data package payments every month.
Especially for two people who don't really call anyone.
Yeah, I think WiFi connectivity is now just as important, if not more important, than cellular.. And WiFi is free.
I have it in my house, and almost everywhere we go there is WiFi available -- in the mall, at restaurants and
coffee shops, in libraries, in some grocery stores, and most schools and many workplaces.

When I go shopping with my wife, we find a nice place for me to sit and wait, and she fires up her iPad for me,
and I play bejeweled or surf the internet until she runs out of money. I bought my two daughters the iPod Touch
with Facetime for Christmas, which is now their favorite way to communicate with their friends. All it takes is a
WiFi connection and an e-mail address. Their cell phone is just for their poor friends who don't have the iPod
touch, and of course, my thing - for emergencies.

The LG 800G doesn't have WiFi, and that makes it dated. But its price is still low enough that I can toss it in a
year for something better. I think the cellular providers are going to have trouble in the future because of WiFi,
or they are going to embrace it and find some way to provide it for a very low fee... AT&T is hip, and installed
WiFi in my home for free when I signed up for their optical cable service and broadband internet service.
Other carriers will have to follow suit as cellular traffic declines in favor of WiFi (that's my prediction.)

Another thing about WiFi is that it is fairly global, and being short range, fairly unregulated. A US cell phone is
useless overseas, but a WiFi device works anywhere there is an accessible WiFi signal.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Just got my two new LG 800G's in this afternoon, and already activated them. They were new double minutes
phones, with the old S/W version V10d. That's OK with me ... A triple minutes for life pin number was included
with each set, and that activated with no problem. Now they are triple minute phones.

I use the Miami TracFone number to activate because there usually is no waiting, the service seems a lot better,
and the attendants more knowledgeable. I had a 4GB microSDHC card already waiting for both units.

Now I am a complete TracFone LG 800G family... Gotta go load the new phones with games, apps and stuff.

pjonthemount

Hey all, been a while since posting...

My last big news was when we switched over to Net10 with a couple of the LG 620G's.
We've been very happy with them, no complaints ... The only thing about Net10 is you
don't seem to build up days of service like we did with Tracfone. And there are not many
specials...pretty much just 10 cents a minute.

But then the news surfaced about the LG 800G...'nuff said... "Tracfone, we're coming back"!!!

Just ordered 2 from Amazon that are Triple Minutes for life phones and they include 1200
minutes and 1 year of service... Can't wait to get them.

I was doing some research and saw a Tracfone web-only deal that gives you a 1500 minute
card with 1 year of service for $200... With the Triple Minutes, that's 4500 minutes.

That figures out to a cost of $16.67 per month or 4.8 cents per minute!
And that's 375 minutes a month...now that's CHEAP!!!

Thanks for all the excellent posts, pics and reviews that helped me make up my mind.
Sorry I strayed, Tracfone, but it looks like I'm coming back to stay.

Who knows, if things keep going like this, it may not be long before they offer real smart
phones with all the toppings.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

pjonthemount
September 9, 2011, 10:00 pm
Hey all, been a while since posting...

My last big news was when we switched over to Net10 with a couple of the LG 620G's.
We've been very happy with them, no complaints ... The only thing about Net10 is you
don't seem to build up days of service like we did with Tracfone. And there are not many
specials...pretty much just 10 cents a minute.

But then the news surfaced about the LG 800G...'nuff said... "Tracfone, we're coming back"!!!

Just ordered 2 from Amazon that are Triple Minutes for life phones and they include 1200
minutes and 1 year of service... Can't wait to get them.

I was doing some research and saw a Tracfone web-only deal that gives you a 1500 minute
card with 1 year of service for $200... With the Triple Minutes, that's 4500 minutes.

That figures out to a cost of $16.67 per month or 4.8 cents per minute!
And that's 375 minutes a month...now that's CHEAP!!!

Thanks for all the excellent posts, pics and reviews that helped me make up my mind.
Sorry I strayed, Tracfone, but it looks like I'm coming back to stay.

Who knows, if things keep going like this, it may not be long before they offer real smart
phones with all the toppings.
From some of the comments I have received from LG, the Amazon.com and HSN LG 800G's may be the last of
the lot for TracFone. I have a feeling that when the present inventory is exhausted, there might not be anymore.
I think all the special deals are to sell them all and move on to the next model.

Rose

BobbyLee
September 4, 2011, 8:42 pm
Rose
September 4, 2011, 7:57 pm
...The previous phone was on on AT&T also I believe.

I spoke with someone in the small town and they thought unless you had Verizon, you couldn't get cell
phone service, however I thought Tracfone was supposed to work off any other provider's towers.
OK, so you're not positive your previous phone was AT&T? Do you know for sure if it was a GSM phone or CDMA
phone?... If you don't know the answer to that question do you know the model number of your previous phone?

Tracfone uses other provider's networks to provide as many people as possible coverage but basically you either
get a T-Mobile phone, a Verizon phone, or an AT&T phone and the coverage is not the same. They pick one that
should work around your home area. Your phone will not roam to all three. AT&T may roam to T-Mobile (they are
both GSM) and vice versa but they won't use the Verizon network which is a CDMA network.

Verizon phones won't roam on either GSM network. Since your current phone is definitely an LG 800G on the AT&T
network then your old phone that worked fine was probably on the T-Mobile or Verizon network. If you can't find out
for sure that your previous phone was on AT&T find out what the phone model number of the old phone was (now
I'm thinking maybe it was a CDMA phone).

In addition to the model number of the old phone how about telling me the zip code or the city in Montana where
you are having the problems so I can check the coverage in that area?

Note: Please don't take any of this the wrong way or be offended, I don't know what your level of understanding is,
so some of my questions may sound stupid to you.
Bobby Lee:
My previous phone was a LG 225 and I read that it was on the GSM network. We were in the area around
Glacier National Park, St. Mary, MT to be exact when I was trying to phone and kept getting dropped calls.
The phone worked fine in Columbia Falls, Kalispell, Hungry Horse, West Glacier (all MT) for sending texts
and getting phone calls! (Stood in the parking lot where I had 4 bars and afraid to move in West Glacier)! B-)

The only thing that irritated me was not being able to send photos. Tracfone told me to call once I got back
to the area and they would "work" on the phone... Urrrrgggghhhhhh!... If they work on the phone while I am
there... will it work when I get back home for sending photos?

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Rose
September 10, 2011, 7:38 pm
Bobby Lee:
My previous phone was a LG 225 and I read that it was on the GSM network. We were in the area around
Glacier National Park, St. Mary, MT to be exact when I was trying to phone and kept getting dropped calls.
The phone worked fine in Columbia Falls, Kalispell, Hungry Horse, West Glacier (all MT) for sending texts
and getting phone calls! (Stood in the parking lot where I had 4 bars and afraid to move in West Glacier)! B-)

The only thing that irritated me was not being able to send photos. Tracfone told me to call once I got back
to the area and they would "work" on the phone... Urrrrgggghhhhhh!... If they work on the phone while I am
there... will it work when I get back home for sending photos? Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.
Rose,
OK, so we know it's not an issue of going from CDMA to GSM because the LG 225 is GSM and we know for sure
your LG 800G is GSM on AT&T. Do you still have access to the LG 225 so you could get the SIM number and we
could find out for sure whether it is ATT or T-Mobile?... If it's a T-Mobile SIM in the LG 225 , that could explain the
difference. If it's an ATT SIM on the LG 225 then the gateway for MMS messages might be different then the one
on your LG 800G.

So, first big question, can you get the SIM card number off your old LG 225 so we can be positive whether it was
on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Second question, do you know how to find what gateway your old LG 225 used and what gateway your LG 800G
is using for messaging?

When you say "The only thing that irritated me was not being able to send photos"- that is from a location you could
send them from with your old phone, right? Right now I'm working off the premise that you were able to send picture
messages with the old phone but you can't send them with your LG 800G FROM THE SAME LOCATIONS.

As for fixing the phone while you're there and will it work when you go back home ... Unknown ... depends what
they do to get it working.

Rose

BobbyLee
September 10, 2011, 8:37 pm
Rose
Bobby Lee:

there... will it work when I get back home for sending photos? Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.
Rose,
OK, so we know it's not an issue of going from CDMA to GSM because the LG 225 is GSM and we know for sure
your LG 800G is GSM on AT&T. Do you still have access to the LG 225 so you could get the SIM number and we
could find out for sure whether it is ATT or T-Mobile?... If it's a T-Mobile SIM in the LG 225 , that could explain the
difference. If it's an ATT SIM on the LG 225 then the gateway for MMS messages might be different then the one
on your LG 800G.

So, first big question, can you get the SIM card number off your old LG 225 so we can be positive whether it was
on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Second question, do you know how to find what gateway your old LG 225 used and what gateway your LG 800G
is using for messaging?

When you say "The only thing that irritated me was not being able to send photos"- that is from a location you could
send them from with your old phone, right? Right now I'm working off the premise that you were able to send picture
messages with the old phone but you can't send them with your LG 800G FROM THE SAME LOCATIONS.

As for fixing the phone while you're there and will it work when you go back home ... Unknown ... depends what

SIM number on LG 225 phone begins with 890141... same as the LG 800g. I don't have any minutes
on the LG 225 phone as I transferred them to the LG 800g when I got it.

Email gateway on the LG 225 is 121 and on the LG 800g, the email gateway is also 121.

And yes, you are correct that I was able to send photos on the LG 225 when I had cell phone service,
but I am not able to send photos using the LG 800 when I have cell phone service. When I tried, I got
the "check data restrictions - 36" error code message and the message would say "failed". I can send
and receive photos in my home area but wanted to be able to send some from Montana back to home
when I am there. It's not the end of the world, but just a feature I would like to be able to use when I am
not in my home state.

As for Tracfone "working" on my phone, I'm not sure I want to do that and me away from home. :unsure:

Thank you again... I appreciate your efforts.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Rose,
At this point I’m out of ideas because it sounds like both phones were on AT&T using the same
gateway from the same location, nothing changed so I’m not sure why they don’t work the same.
The last suggestion I have is next time you want to send a picture from one of those locations I
would change the resolution on the LG800G to 480X640 and see if you can send that size file since
that is the same VGA size picture the LG225 would send. If that works try the next higher resolution
until you find where it quits sending them. I don’t have the LG800G so I’m not sure if that phone re-sizes
full resolution pictures before sending them or not.
Side note: All the towns you mentioned seem to have good T-Mobile coverage. Assuming your home
is in one of those towns (therefore also has good T-Mobile coverage) you might think about trying a
T-Mobile SIM card from Tracfone. The AT&T coverage in that area seems to be provided by primarily
third party carriers so you don’t get all the bells and whistles as if it were all AT&T. When you use third
party carriers sometimes they might not allow the MMS messaging and sometimes they don’t allow internet access.
Hopefully someone else that has been following the WHOLE discussion might join-in with some other suggestions.
Good luck.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Rose
September 10, 2011, 10:49 pm
BobbyLee
September 10, 2011, 8:37 pm
Rose
Bobby Lee:

Rose,
on your LG 800G.

on AT&T or T-Mobile?

is using for messaging?

SIM number on LG225 phone begins with 890141..... same as the LG800g. I don't have any minutes on the LG225 phone as I transferred them to the LG800g when I got it.

Email gateway on the LG225 is 121 and on the LG800, the email gateway is also 121.

And yes, you are correct that I was able to send photos on the LG225 when I had cell phone service, but I am not able to send photos using the LG800 when I have cell phone service. When I tried, I got the "check data restrictions -36" error code message and the message would say "failed". I can send and receive photos in my home area but wanted to be able to send some from Montana back to home when I am there. It's not the end of the world, but just a feature I would like to be able to use when I am not in my home state.

As for Tracfone "working" on my phone, I'm not sure I want to do that and me away from home. :unsure:

Thank you again. I appreciate your efforts.
CORRECTED: Umm, I don't mean to interrupt, but I would think the LG 800G photos are at a much higher resolution than the LG225. The LG 800G can take photos in higher resolution that are too large to send MMS. I think this topic was discussed much earlier in the forum, with the upshot that the LG 800G photos had to re-sized for MMS before they could be sent.

I saw some AT&T specs that limits MMS file size to 600KB (600,000 Bytes). At a 16 bit color depth, that's about a 640 by 480 picture limit for MMS. I don't find any spec that says what colour depth the LG 800G uses, but I suspect it is 16 bit.

The LG 225 probably only takes a photo within the MMS file size limit, or it may automatically re-sizes them. I don't have a LG225 to check this out.

The easy solution for the LG 800G would be to set the picture size to VGA (640 x 480). To do this tap icons for CAMERA/SETTINGS/VGA. If you want to take your photos in higher definition, you can re-size them later for MMS. To do this, Tap MENU/MY STUFF/PICTURES. Select your picture, tap on the options icon, tap on EDIT, Tap on the IMAGE icon (looks like a small mountain), tap on RESIZE, tap on 640x480, tap on the SAVE icon (looks like a diskette), tap on AS NEW FILE, Give it a name, and tap OK.

I hope this helps

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

DoctorM
September 10, 2011, 11:22 pm
Umm, I don't mean to interrupt, but I would think the LG 800G photos are at a much higher resolution than the LG225, making them too large to send MMS. I think this topic was discussed much earlier in the forum, with the upshot that the LG 800G photos had to re-sized for MMS before they could be sent. I don't send photos to anyone with the phone so i can't help on the re-sizing but someone else will probably speak up.

I don't think this is a carrier problem, just a general limitation on MMS. The LG 225 probably only takes a photo within the MMS size limit, or it may automatically re-sizes them. I don't have a LG225 to check this out.
DoctorM,
Please, feel free to interrupt all you want. I thought it could have been a third party issue if Rose had changed carriers
or gateway but that wasn't the case because nothing changed other than the phone model. I hope you're right because
that's the last suggestion I had, try and send a VGA size photo and see if that goes through. Feel free to throw out
anymore suggestions you might have because I've completely run out.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
September 10, 2011, 11:55 pm
DoctorM
September 10, 2011, 11:22 pm
Umm, I don't mean to interrupt, but I would think the LG 800G photos are at a much higher resolution than the LG225, making them too large to send MMS. I think this topic was discussed much earlier in the forum, with the upshot that the LG 800G photos had to re-sized for MMS before they could be sent. I don't send photos to anyone with the phone so i can't help on the re-sizing but someone else will probably speak up.

I don't think this is a carrier problem, just a general limitation on MMS. The LG 225 probably only takes a photo within the MMS size limit, or it may automatically re-sizes them. I don't have a LG225 to check this out.
DoctorM,
Please, feel free to interrupt all you want. I thought it could have been a third party issue if Rose had changed carriers
or gateway but that wasn't the case because nothing changed other than the phone model. I hope you're right because
that's the last suggestion I had, try and send a VGA size photo and see if that goes through. Feel free to throw out
anymore suggestions you might have because I've completely run out.
See my post just above yours for a complete solution for Rose. I corrected myself ... You are right that the file
transfer is limited by AT&T to about 600KB, which translates to a 640x480 pixel photo (VGA) at a 16 bit color depth.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

REMINDER FOR NEW LG 800G USERS

After you install your microSDHC card, be sure to reset your primary memory storage to EXTERNAL MEMORY (MENU/SETTINGS/PHONE/MEMORY INFO/PRIMARY STORAGE/EXTERNAL MEMORY. If you don't, you will by default be set to INTERNAL STORAGE, which you will use up very quickly and start getting a MEMORY FULL message.

If you are already getting MEMORY FULL message you will have to reset it.
(MENU/SETTINGS/PHONE/MEMORY INFO/INTERNAL COMMON MEMORY/RESET)
When you do this you will lose all data in that internal memory bank. There is no way (I know of) to transfer those files to external memory. That includes any photos you have taken, and graphics or sounds you have imported to set as wallpaper or lock screen, which are automatically stored in internal memory.

When you pick one of your own photos or graphics for wallpaper or lock screen, choose files (or re-size the picture) so that it is less than the screen size of 240x320 pixels. The LG 800G will re-size your pick to fit on the display, but it will store your pick's original size in internal memory, which is rather small.

The same advice goes for sounds files you import to assign as ring tones. make them minimal size.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

rich in STL
September 7, 2011, 9:28 am
josim
September 7, 2011, 4:44 am
Right - I deleted a bunch of OLD stuff, 100/100 dropped down and I was again able to save stuff.

I walk with my pal every Wed, Fri & Sun. I put that in as 3 different repeating events. Any way to do it as ONE event?
Thanks for posting this. I finally found where this info is stored:
(MENU/SETTINGS/PHONE/MEMORY INFO/INTERNAL USED MEMORY)
then cursor down to see all the parameter limits.
Here are some of the limits:
Text messages - 500
Contacts - 1000
Calendar - 100
Tasks - 100
Memos - 100
Alarms - 5
Call history - 100
Bookmarks - 50 (I don't even know what this is, but I have 6 of them)
Miscellaneous - 130 (I don't know what this is either)

desertdude

I asked this question on another forum but so far haven't received an answer so I'll try it here.
I got a new LG 800G to replace the one that had issues and I have searched extensively in the
options to try and adjust the volume of the text message notification. I have found nothing.
I fear that I'll receive a text in a noisy place and won't hear it because it's so low. Does anyone
know if we have any control over the text message volume or are we stuck with just one setting?
The side rocker switch has no effect on the text sound and although I can adjust the volume when
choosing a sound, when it plays it's still the same low volume as always. Many thanks in advance.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

desertdude
September 11, 2011, 11:28 am
I asked this question on another forum but so far haven't received an answer so I'll try it here.
I got a new LG 800G to replace the one that had issues and I have searched extensively in the
options to try and adjust the volume of the text message notification. I have found nothing.
I fear that I'll receive a text in a noisy place and won't hear it because it's so low. Does anyone
know if we have any control over the text message volume or are we stuck with just one setting?
The side rocker switch has no effect on the text sound and although I can adjust the volume when
choosing a sound, when it plays it's still the same low volume as always. Many thanks in advance.
Go to MENU/PROFILE/NORMAL/ cursor down to MESSAGE TONE VOLUME.
Tap it and set your volume setting on the screen showing volume level. Tap OK to save it.

Jo'D

Well, it finally happened: "Message failed" when sending texts today (LG800 v10d bought from HSN back when $99 TMFL).
Used the Miami 800# from this forum (THANKS MUCH!!). First csr had no clue, spoke to manager who's sending v10e phone.
Now I have a message icon with a red ! on main menu (after manager had me enter a code); anyone know what that means?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Jo'D,
I'm guessing the message icon with a red ! means sending the message failed and it is probably sitting in the Outbox for you to retry sending, the same as on some of the other GSM phones. Have you checked your outbox? And just because you have Message Failed doesn't mean you have a defective unit, I get them with my GSM phones occasionally because I'm on the fringe of an AT&T area and reception goes in and out. When you start getting the same message in your inbox multiple times then I would start to worry about it being defective. Maybe DoctorM can chime-in and tell you what the message icon with a red ! is for sure since he does have the LG800G.

Jo'D

DoctorM
August 13, 2011, 1:00 pm
Here is another source of free game apps: http://www.umnet.com

You have to sign up (free) to be able to download.
You can define your cell phone as an LG 800G and the listings will be limited to Java apps.

All the apps at UMNET show screen size... Remember that your screen size is 240 x 320, so stick to apps for that
screen size. There are a lot of apps for 240 x 400 that may load onto your phone, but you might not be able to see
the options or soft keys. All the apps at this website have a good description of the app, and user reviews.
So I don’t review here, except that it works on the LG 800G or not.

Some of the games have an option to show soft keys, which appears to disable the games touch-screen features.
I always press NO so I am purely touchscreen.

Some of these free apps only have one game you can play. Others have quite a lot of options. Most, if not all, of
these free games are demos – to play all the features/options requires that you buy the app.

Here are some of the free games/apps I have loaded in and tested on the LG 800G:

365 Card Pack – works good, good graphics.
5 Star Games – works very good, excellent graphics.
Abracadabra Ball – Maybe it works, I can’t figure it out. Very good graphics.
Absolute Tris – works ok, good graphics. A Tetris clone.
Arcadius – works good, good graphics.
Bejeweled – works good once started, very good graphics.
Note: top of OK/Yes soft key barely visible (on left bottom of touchscreen), but once playing works good, except
very bottom row may not visible. This might be 240x400 graphics that will work on a 240x320 screen.
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 – works good, good graphics.
Brain Challenge Vol 2 – works good, good graphics. Brain Teasers.
Dedraks Puzzle – I can’t figure out how this game plays, graphics ok.
Disney Board Games – works very good, good graphics.
Gem Drop Deluxe – works good, good graphics.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 – I can’t figure out how to play – probably only for 5th graders -
- Excellent graphics.
Monopoly Here & Now – works very good – excellent graphics.
Monty Python Cow Tossing (Angry Birds) – My 5th grade daughter likes this game -
- Frankly, I can’t figure it out.
OffRoad Dirt Motocross – works very good, excellent graphics.
Platinum Solitaire 2 – works very good – excellent graphics, several games -
- Tiny cards – I have to wear my thick glasses to play.
Pile Up! Candymania – works good, very good graphics.
Rainbow Tetris – Works sort of, plain graphics.
SPORE – works good, pretty good graphics, kind of cute.
Super Collapse! – Best Tetris/Bejewel-like game yet, perfect for a cell phone -
- My favorite time waster on a cell phone.
Super Yum Yum – I can’t figure this one out.
Super Mario – Appears to be just an ad for the game – doesn’t play!
Tetris Revolution – works good, good graphics.
Tic Tac Toe – very basic graphics, have to quit to play again.
XXX-Ray Scanner – This is a spam app as far as I can tell – nothing but an ad for X-rated games.

Note: I use a ball-point pen (retracted) as a stylus to play some of these games with finer detail.
The touch required is very light – much lighter than a finger, very accurate, and much faster screen response.
You can also tap the screen off the playing area to keep the backlighting bright.

I download these apps to my PC, because it doesn’t use up minutes, and it is faster. Then I transferred by Bluetooth
to the LG 800G. Bluetooth automatically places all transferred files in the proper folder. You can also transfer by the
data cable, in which case put all the apps in the folder marked “Other Files”

To activate an app, go to “My Stuff,” “Other Files,” and select the app you want to activate. A screen listing its attributes,
with the soft key on the bottom left that says “Continue,” will appear. Press “Continue.” -- The app will then be installed
by the LG 800G. When it is done, a screen shows “App installed in Games&Apps” with a “Yes” or “No” option to play it
now. Select “No” to load another app.

To play a game go back to the main screen, press menu [::], press “Games & Apps.”
A list will come up with the apps that installed successfully. Press on the app you want to open it.
I can't get any of the files to open for download to my pc; what's wrong?

Jo'D

BobbyLee
September 11, 2011, 3:31 pm
Jo'D,
I'm guessing the message icon with a red ! means sending the message failed and it is probably sitting in the Outbox for you to retry sending, the same as on some of the other GSM phones. Have you checked your outbox? And just because you have Message Failed doesn't mean you have a defective unit, I get them with my GSM phones occasionally because I'm on the fringe of an AT&T area and reception goes in and out. When you start getting the same message in your inbox multiple times then I would start to worry about it being defective. Maybe DoctorM can chime-in and tell you what the message icon with a red ! is for sure since he does have the LG800G.
Thanks BobbyLee, when I deleted the message from the outbox, the icon went away.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Jo'D
September 11, 2011, 3:50 pm
Jo'D,
About using Umnet, as long as you are signed-in/logged-on it should work ^o) . After clicking on the
file you want you should see 'Download to PC' on the right column and as long as you're signed it
should download the file to your PC without any problem.
If you don't signup (it's free) the download page says it will take awhile but if you read below it says
something like service for unregistered folks is temporarily unavailable (been that way for months).
I don't remember exactly but make sure you check the email address you gave them because there may
be a confirmation link to activate your registration, I also think it took a day or two before mine started to
work after hitting the confirmation. Does it let you sign-in?

Jo'D

BobbyLee
September 11, 2011, 4:12 pm
Jo'D
Jo'D,
About using Umnet, as long as you are signed-in/logged-on it should work ^o) . After clicking on the
file you want you should see 'Download to PC' on the right column and as long as you're signed it
If you don't signup (it's free) the download page says it will take awhile but if you read below it says
something like service for unregistered folks is temporarily unavailable (been that way for months).
I don't remember exactly but make sure you check the email address you gave them because there may
be a confirmation link to activate your registration, I also think it took a day or two before mine started to
Yeah, I'm signed in...signed up months ago, don't remember if I d/l'd anything then. I'll try again later, it's football time!

desertdude

DoctorM
September 11, 2011, 1:13 pm
desertdude
September 11, 2011, 11:28 am
Go to MENU/PROFILE/NORMAL/ cursor down to MESSAGE TONE VOLUME.
Tap it and set your volume setting on the screen showing volume level. Tap OK to save it.
Doctor M ......... I can't thank you enough. I was actually losing sleep over this.
I knew it would be something simple that my aged mind couldn't pick up on. You made my day.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
September 11, 2011, 3:31 pm
Jo'D,
@ Jo'D
I don't message enough to comment on messaging errors. I also doubt it means the phone is defective.
I suspect TracFone is overreacting to complaints on the LG 800G V10d.

BUT - - it is apparently a good way to get a free upgrade to V10e, so congratulations. Let us know if you
have to turn in your V10d. If not, maybe we all should just make similar complaints and get free upgrades.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Jo'D
September 11, 2011, 4:27 pm
BobbyLee
September 11, 2011, 4:12 pm
Jo'D
Jo'D,
Yeah, I'm signed in...signed up months ago, don't remember if I d/l'd anything then. I'll try again later, it's football time!
You don't "open" them to transfer to your PC -- you just download them to your PC intact.
Then you transfer them to your LG 800G.

If you use a data cable to transfer from your PC to the LG 800G, put the downloaded file into the LG 800G
folder named OTHER FILES. then disconnect from the PC. Go to MY STUFF/OTHER FILES and select the
file you downloaded ... The LG 800G will analyze it, and if it can install it, a screen will come up with a
CONTINUE button. Tap the CONTINUE button and the LG 800G installs the app/game into GAMES & APPS.
Not all apps and games from UMnet will install on the LG 800G... And some that will install will not run.

josim

DoctorM ..... Thanks for this!
Quote:

After you install your microSDHC card, be sure to reset your primary memory storage to EXTERNAL MEMORY
(MENU/SETTINGS/PHONE/MEMORY INFO/PRIMARY STORAGE/EXTERNAL MEMORY.. If you don't, you will
by default be set to INTERNAL STORAGE, which you will use up very quickly and start getting a MEMORY FULL
message.
Also, from another one of your post, I believe "Bookmarks" are your marked Webpages (Favorites).

John

DoctorM
Member Avatar

josim
September 11, 2011, 9:20 pm
... Also, from another one of your post, I believe "Bookmarks" are your marked Webpages (Favorites).
Thanks! I didn't intentionally use the browser, though I may have accidentally initiated it a few times.
I finally moved the browser off the main menu altogether.

Adlie

Doctor M... I wish I had your restraint. I usually toss my tracfone every 3 months because something new
and shiny will come along and catch my eye. lol ;-)

Now that you've had your new triple minutes phones with the "d" s/w version, have you encountered any issues?
I notice that mine has been working just fine... so maybe the problem was corrected?

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 12, 2011, 9:59 am
Doctor M... I wish I had your restraint. I usually toss my tracfone every 3 months because something new
and shiny will come along and catch my eye. lol ;-)

Now that you've had your new triple minutes phones with the "d" s/w version, have you encountered any issues?
I notice that mine has been working just fine... so maybe the problem was corrected?
I did opt for what looked like a shinier and newer model in the EX124G, but it disappointed me enough to send it back.
So that still leaves the LG 800G at the top of the TracFone heap, whether V10d or V10e... But if the new Samsung
Galaxy Precedent on Straight Talk would ever come to TracFone, I'd probably jump on it right away, even at $150.

As far as the V10d, I haven't had any problem with it. It would interesting to learn just how widespread the "messaging
problem" was, or even if was really a TracFone problem... But I would guess TracFone would never let us know.
I notice on Net10, the LG 800G is now touted as "new," with no double or triple minutes. The "new" LG 800G is a
V10e, no doubt. I almost want to make up a problem so I can move on to V10e, whatever it is.

LG gave me the impression that TracFone could do a software upgrade if they wanted to, but TracFone gave me the
response that a software upgrade might lead to unknown and unintended consequences... So they choose just to
swap out the whole phone, but only if they get a complaint.

Ummm - to complain, or not to complain, that is the question ...

Adlie

My hubby was involved in nearly every phase of cell phone development at Motorola for over 15 years, so you
can just imagine how spoiled we were. We got every "shiny" new model before it was released tothe public. :)
He now works in the medical field developing tools necessary for brain surgery... But even so, we still choose
Tracfone because I just can't justify the expense of other smart phones and their costly monthly packages.

I do have a question for you though. How does one complete a call on the LG 800g if you have to "pick an option"
from a menu? ... I was trying to call a hospital and I was supposed to enter "8" for the nurses station and I couldn't
figure out how to do it? The keypad disappears. :(

Can you help me with this, oh good Doctor? ;-)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Adlie
September 12, 2011, 3:20 pm
My hubby was involved in nearly every phase of cell phone development at Motorola for over 15 years, so you
can just imagine how spoiled we were. We got every "shiny" new model before it was released tothe public. :)
He now works in the medical field developing tools necessary for brain surgery... But even so, we still choose
Tracfone because I just can't justify the expense of other smart phones and their costly monthly packages.

I do have a question for you though. How does one complete a call on the LG 800g if you have to "pick an option"
from a menu? ... I was trying to call a hospital and I was supposed to enter "8" for the nurses station and I couldn't

I had that very problem when I first got the LG 800G. My wife had hit a deer with our car the day before.
I didn't realize the damage to the car was so severe that coolant was leaking out the radiator - long story
shortened I was stranded on the side of the road trying to call for a tow. I could not figure out how to do
the musical numbers "for service press 1," etc., after the main number was dialed and answered.
In fact, it was so bright outside that I could hardly see the touch screen to dial while I was sitting in the car.
Fortunately, a passing car stopped and helped me by using their cell phone.

Later I learned how to do it. At the bottom of the touch screen after a call you make is answered is a soft
key that says "Dial Pad." Just tap it and the dial pad comes up, allowing you to play the musical numbers
game with the robo-operator. if, and probably, the screen goes blank, just tap the center hard key to activate
the screen again.

Another real problem, which I haven't solved, is the touch screen is unreadable in the bright sunlight.
Find a really shady spot, is the answer I guess.

Adlie

DoctorM
September 12, 2011, 4:49 pm
Adlie
September 12, 2011, 3:20 pm

I had that very problem when I first got the LG 800G. My wife had hit a deer with our car the day before.
I didn't realize the damage to the car was so severe that coolant was leaking out the radiator - long story
shortened I was stranded on the side of the road trying to call for a tow. I could not figure out how to do
the musical numbers "for service press 1," etc., after the main number was dialed and answered.
In fact, it was so bright outside that I could hardly see the touch screen to dial while I was sitting in the car.
Fortunately, a passing car stopped and helped me by using their cell phone.

Later I learned how to do it. At the bottom of the touch screen after a call you make is answered is a soft
key that says "Dial Pad." Just tap it and the dial pad comes up, allowing you to play the musical numbers
game with the robo-operator. if, and probably, the screen goes blank, just tap the center hard key to activate
the screen again.

Another real problem, which I haven't solved, is the touch screen is unreadable in the bright sunlight.
Find a really shady spot, is the answer I guess.
Oh my! Was she hurt? ... I hope everything worked out ok.

Thanks so much for telling me about the "dial pad". I do see it now. I tried to call the hospital again and as soon as
I finished dialing the main number, the screen did its "lock" thing... So each time I had to press another number for
the menu, I had to unlock the phone again. From what I understand, there isn't a way to disable that (is that correct)?

I haven't tried to see the screen in the bright sunlight... I'm going to try that tomorrow. :)

DoctorM
Member Avatar

If you go to MENU/SETTINGS/PHONE there are two settings which affect the screen duration: POWER SAVE and AUTO-LOCK.

POWER SAVE is just an ON/OFF slide button. Tap the ON/OFF slide to turn POWER SAVE on or off.
A Blue button indicates it is on, and a grey button indicates it is off.
When POWER SAVE is on, it overrides any setting you make in AUTO-LOCK.

AUTO-LOCK allows you to set the duration the screen stays on before it locks, but it only works if AUTO SAVE is off.
Tap on AUTO-LOCK and the following choices appear: NEVER, AFTER 10 SEC, AFTER 20 SEC, AFTER 30 SEC,
and AFTER 60 SEC. Tap your choice and a red check mark appears beside it.

Remember that your delayed settings (especially NEVER) will shorten your battery time and require more
frequent recharging. You might want to invest in a car charger if you don't like AUTO-LOCK. I got one included
in my unit from HSN. They are also available on eBay for a couple of $. You can also manually turn off the
screen by briefly depressing the physical on/off switch on the top right of the unit.

kvtx

I called Tracfone today (9-13-11) about the texting issue with the LG 800G. The CSR had me go to code
entry and enter a long number (16 digits maybe) and then send a text message from the LG 800G to the
same phone. She said the problem should be fixed with the code I entered. I have sent myself a few text
messages to check it out. The messages came through but I will have to wait for a few days to see if I still
get duplicate messages... Hope this works... I'll post again after a few days with the results of my texting.
It seems Tracfone is no longer exchanging phones to solve the problem.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.