Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Trac/Net10) LG 800g Phone Topic
Topic Started: April 13, 2011, 6:59 pm (89,655 Views)
The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
So, if anyone has any more info, thoughts or questions on this phone, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

Hold your horses, folks. I don't have the phone. I do have info as to when it will supposedly appear, though.

This was posted on Net10's Facebook page...

"Hi Liuvis: Sorry for the late response.
The LG 800G will be available on the website on April 21, 2011.
Yes, it's a touch screen phone. Thanks."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the info .... I was wondering when the new phones would debut.

* They have to be coming out anytime now! ... geez, Tracfone/Net10 is so slow in releasing new phones .. :ermm:

* Ok boys and girls ... I say we make this the Official Topic for this new phone .. ;)

* If anyone has new info on this phone or buys it, feel free to post your thoughts, opinions and questions here ... thanks.

Turk B-)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Howie1049

Just got back from WalMart, and of all the pre-paid on shelves, only two Net10 phones present.

Asked the sales clerk if anymore phones were in the back, her comment was: "I'm not allowed to comment".

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
That all depends on the employee.

I have several contact at retail sores on Concord, Hooksett, Manchester, Derry and Nashua, NH. This includes
Target, K-Mart, Best Buy, Radio Shack and Wal Mart. If you get to know the employees in the department, they
will give you the information. I don't pay for my information, but I do make sure the person who slipped me the
info is the one that rings up the purchase and I always shake their hand and thank them afterwards.

Howie1049

My big problem is I love CDMA phones. GSM just doesn't cut the mustard for me. CDMA has so much better
sound quality. The last 2 years I've gone thru just about every Net10 phone on the spectrum of GSM.

I got the LG290c from Net10, we had a match. Than the R355c right now. Another great sounding phone.
Don't get me wrong, I like the style of the LG800g a lot. Wish it was in CDMA, would be worth the money than to me.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I have also seen on Tracfone's Facbook page that the 800G will be available on the 21st from Tracfone as well as Net10.
Credit card all warmed up and ready to go!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Seems the Forum got a shout out on Facebook...

"type turk forums, type lg 800g, its shows 21st the release date on it and I spoke to corporate offices"

It's no longer Facebook, it's "Turkbook"!

KLM
Member Avatar

Yea Turkbook! :D

millept

Holy Cow!

TracFone LG 800g + 1000 minutes for $99.95 (free shipping) special event price at Home Shopping Network.

That's a free touch screen phone!

Link: New Tracfone LG 800G + 1000 Minutes on HSN.com Link

(Also posted under Tracfone and Net10 Weekly Sale Prices)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* The new Tracfone LG 800G that has been rumored for the last month has finally made its debut on HSN.com.

* Here is the information about it that was given to us by Forum Member millept .... thanks millept!
millept:

Holy Cow! ...... (Also posted under Tracfone and Net10 Weekly Sale Prices)

TracFone LG 800g + 1000 minutes for $99.95 (free shipping) special event price at Home Shopping Network.

That's a free touch screen phone! .... Link: New Tracfone LG 800G + 1000 Minutes on HSN.com Link

If anyone gets this phone, or has anymore info, thoughts or questions on it, feel free to post it all here - thanks. ;)

Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
It's now available from Trac's website for $50. It includes a 60 minute card and DMFL.

You also get free overnight shipping.

aussie145

Have you broke down n bought it ??

Just curious of the reviews of it .... I'm REAL tempted to head over there w/ my charge card. :-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I ordered it, for sure ... I'm usually the first in line to buy new phones.

desertdude

It may be there for you but not for me. I see the ad for the lg 800g on the home page but when I put in
my zip code the 800g is not one of my choices. I tried several zip codes around the country and none
of them work. When I bring up the page to list all phones that TracFone has it's not there either.

You must have magic fingers.

aussie145

It wasn't on their home page ... but when I entered to buy phone n entered my zip (54241) it comes up !!!

aussie145

Ok, just ordered it from HSN.

Used coupon code C50842 for $15.00 discount ... coupon code didn't work when I entered it, so I called
customer service and they discounted it !!!

LG 800g + DMFL + 1000min + 1yr service + accessory kit ..... all for $84.95!

Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator
Member Avatar

aussie145
April 22, 2011, 11:29 am
It wasn't on their home page ... but when I entered to buy phone n entered my zip (54241) it comes up !!!
54241... Manitowoc/2 Rivers area? I'm 100 miles NW.

Bummer, all I get is the crap $10 slider and pink Motorola for my zip code, but, if I throw in an Appleton
or Green Bay zip code, the LG 800G comes up with 2 week shipping.

So tempted as my Nokia has a non-functioning #6.

Tanikaze

I'm also veeeery interested,
as well: resolution of camera, ringtone flexibility (only Tracfone tones allowed?), types of apps available.

desertdude

Still questionable as to whether it has a QWERTY keyboard or just regular keypad.

HSN's description says QWERTY, but Straight Talks website would indicate a regular keypad.

I've ordered one and will find out for sure soon.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Saw this morning on Best Buy's site that the LG 800G for Net10 is "Coming Soon" ... Price is listed as $50 as well.

Member Avatar

And as of about 2200CDT last night, the HSN deal is sold out.

mastershu

It's a verizon chocolate!! net10 also has it but trac will be the 1st to bring it to the u.s rumors also of the lg optimus
droid phone swingin by the net10 house as well which means trac will get it too, wasnt really a fan of the chocolate
btu i hear the trac an net10 versions are better!! O_o.....ill stick with my net10 lg900 it makes my friends mad for tons
of reasons all of which are good!! lol

bigo3214

lg 800g at Best Buy today - online for $49.99.

The lg 800g is sold out at HSN.

I am sorry, lg 800g at Best Buy is a Net10!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I went by what was posted on Best Buy's site.

I had no reason to question the listing, other than the price being the same as the Tracfone version.

And I've never seen Tracfone for sale at Best Buy.

spanieldoggy

I have emailed the Tracfone Corporate offices about when to excepect this phone.

Their response took almost forever, but I got a release date eventually: 4/27/11.

They said that on this date the phone would be available on the Net10 website.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
They started early ... It's now available from Net10's website for $50.

Member Avatar

... And... FedEx just dropped off a box I needed to sign for.

*Like a kid in a candy store here.* :)

Now to find that non-Pakistani CS number to activate.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Mine arrived just before 5PM today...

Posted Image

bedian49
This Space For Rent
Just got it and a couple of quick pics as I have to go out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

bedian49
This Space For Rent
Yo Sweeper,

Yours came in a few minutes earlier than mine.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
And here she is next to the LG 900G, all activated.

Posted Image

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Got the signed version of Bolt and Snaptu to work flawlessly on the LG 800G.

Here's a crude video about it I made. Don't worry, I know I stink at it.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0hXyR7X4I

Member Avatar

Do we need a sub-forum to list the available apps, programs, etc. that will work on the LG 800?

Total noob to anything like this phone and I don't have any idea what's what or where to even begin.

My knowledge is limited to Iphone bashing & the little Android guy on TV commercials. :$

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Hey guys, just want to say thanks to everyone so far for posting information and pictures on this new phone!

* Whatever more you all find out about it, or if you feel like giving a review, feel free to post it all here ... thanks.

* Zudozizzi Ninja Spaminator .... no need for sub-forums, etc, for this phone ... just post all info here ... thanks.

* Ps: thanks for the Video you made Sweeper - it was good ... plus, it's good to have visuals .. ;)

B-) Turk says: "Video killed the Radio Star"

Member Avatar

Anyone get their voicemail to work?

Apparently *555 (the number automatically dialed to set up voicemail) is an invalid number.

Tried punching in my phone number as done with the current phone and the keypad doesn't do anything during the call.

* Maybe I just need to wait the 12-24 hours as I see my number isn't coming up yet in the prepaid area.

crochetnut

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I just got my new LG 800g from Tracfone's website yesterday, and within 10 minutes it was up and running.
It DOES have a qwerty keyboard for all those questioning IF it does. You have the option of a keypad with T9,
or the qwerty. You can set which one you prefer, or change whenever.
I popped my micro SD card from my other phone right in it and all my photos/videos/music came right up.

For those who say it does not show up when you enter your zip code on tracfone's website, put any other zip
code in of a major city near you instead. If you can get AT&T service where you live, this phone will work for you.
If the phone ends in G (lg 800G) it runs off AT&T towers, if a phone ends in C, it runs off Verizon towers.
I believe phones ending in G can also run off T-Mobile towers, but I cannot verify this because I don't have
T-Mobile towers near me.

So far this phone seems great. I cannot find accessories for it yet, like case, car charger, etc.
And I'm wondering what the tiny icons in circles are on the home page, and why they are either blue or red if you
swipe your finger across the page. I cannot figure what this means yet. The manual that comes with the phone is
very basic.

tf92037

Can someone tell me how they charge you for minutes when connecting to the Internet on the LG 800G?

Do they charge 1.5 "units" (purchased minutes) per actual minute?

Thanks!

Member Avatar

tf92037
April 28, 2011, 10:04 am
Can someone tell me how they charge you for minutes when connecting to the Internet on the LG 800G?
Do they charge 1.5 "units" (purchased minutes) per actual minute? ...........Thanks!
I didn't quite figure that one out last night. I was online for 3-4 minutes to see what the browser would do
(2G network here at the very best) and could only get the weather. Phone said 5 units deducted when I
hung up so the 1.5 could be what they charge.

neto43

Currently have a Samsung t401g, but I would like to switch to the LG 800G.

Can I transfer all my data to the new phone, ie. music, contacts without to much difficulty?

Is it worth the change.

tf92037

April 28, 2011, 11:36 am
I didn't quite figure that one out last night. I was online for 3-4 minutes to see what the browser would do
(2G network here at the very best) and could only get the weather. Phone said 5 units deducted when I
This Tracfone page http://www.tracfone.com/includes/content/popup/terms_conditions.jsp says you're
supposed to be charge 0.5 airtime units for each actual minute you're online.

tf92037

For those of you who actually have the phone (lucky ducks!):

How is the sound quality of the voice calls?

How responsive is the touch screen?

How fast is the interface? (The cheap LG phones I've had were all frustratingly slow).

What apps can you download? Any? Does it cost anything to install new apps?

Thanks.

d4kc9
Member Avatar

I am getting one of these in the mail soon!

Link: LG 800G Unboxing video on youtube

Member Avatar

tf92037
April 28, 2011, 1:30 pm
April 28, 2011, 11:36 am
This Tracfone page http://www.tracfone.com/includes/content/popup/terms_conditions.jsp says you're
supposed to be charge 0.5 airtime units for each actual minute you're online.
Thanks for that!

And... http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?deviceId=718&locale=en_US&search

KLM
Member Avatar

Wow, lotta posters hot on this topic already!
I wonder if this phone will make the others Tracfone offers mostly extinct? Time will tell.

Good job Sweeper on your video. I can see how hard you had to press an area on the screen to make a selection.
I wonder how this will pan out for users using the virtual keyboard. (speed/errors).
I'm sure when one gets the hang of it, it will be faster than using a traditional numerical keypad.

Oh and Sweeper, I was wondering if you would unbox the 800G or send it to the wall of phones. Yep!

Hey! Anyone notice the 500 and 800 (on Tracfone) have cameras that are (finally) greater than .3 megapixels?
Even so, I'd rather have a .3 megapixel camera that does not over compress pictures where there is horrendous loss in detail.
I have 3 LG's from .3 to 3 megapixel with auto focus, and the quality is the same unfortunately.

In reading the Tracfone page for the 800G, I see they have new wording on "Downloadable ringtones & more
using Airtime" I chuckled at that. There are ways around that! (put tones on an SD card for example)

Also, anyone notice that the 20 minutes of starter time is back? The 900G did not have starter minutes.

And on the description, it says 8 days on standby. We all know to cut that time in half.
If this is the case, 4 days standby takes you back to the days of the W376.
Maybe in the days ahead some one will comment on battery life, if they can put their new
phone down long enough to see what it is like on standby.

And last, I'm surprised this phone (and the LG 500G) have actually come to Tracfone.
Something for just about everyone.

I might pick one up when it hits $10 heh heh ... Everyone have fun with your new phone and don't forget to report in!

KLM

debboid
Member Avatar

Hi ... I'm new to this forum, so hi to everyone.

I just bought the LG 800G from the Net10 Website. The price is $49.99 but if you use Promo code GI2011
you get $5 OFF, plus free overnight shipping thru 5/9/2011. ... NO MINUTES and NO SD Card included.
I was charged the going sales tax for Massachusetts, but that was after the discount was applied !

So my total was $47.80, $2.81 was tax. I hate tax. I thought that was a good deal.

I currently have a Motorola EM326G, I'll transfer the phone number and remaining minutes to the new phone.
And hopefully my phone book too! ...... Good luck with your shopping !!

Debboid

bedian49
This Space For Rent
I activated my LG 800g this morning online and picked up the twenty minutes of starter time.

Member Avatar

My mother thinks cell phones are the work of the devil.

Showed her the LG 800G yesterday & some of the features and 15 minutes later she was
handing me her MC and telling me to order her one also. Hers should be here on Monday.

:D

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
KLM, you really thought I'd put Tracfone's first step into the 21st century on the wall? That what sales are for.

If my fingers were not so big, I'd like the phone more than I already do.

I put Snaptu on every phone that allows it and I have to say it's pretty fast on the 800G.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Here are a couple of pics I snapped a few minutes ago outside with the LG 800G.

The tan Taurus is the Sweepmobile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

caribpapi

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what games seem most compatible for this phone.

You can basically Google Java games for this, but some of the ones I downloaded seem to run slow.

I've read changing the heap size of the app or game might help, but I'm not sure what would have to be done for this model. :/

Still doing research...

KLM
Member Avatar

@ caribpapi- Hi there. Research is the best thing as this phone is new to Tracfone. If you are looking for some
sites that have Java2Microediton files, to get you started, Have a look here at a post I made for the LG 420G which
I list a few web sites, that if you dig hard enough, you can get stuff for free, depending on what you are looking for.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/single/?p=329372&t=3258667

And it would help to know your actual screen size (canvas and full canvas sizes). Some apps have different
resolutions to fit. I have not looked up the specs at all on this phone yet, so I'm no help there. More to research.

@ Sweeper, Ha ha your post 3 was a good one. And thank you for the sample pictures, I like the second one. Nice backdrop.

If the 500 (Qwerty) and the 800 (resistive touch screen) turn out to be solid phones, I wonder how many people
with will down shift from Net10 back to Tracfone? Guess it depends on the usage.

Well at least Tracfone finally gave everyone just about what they have wanted for years- A QWERTY and
a touch screen. I hope TF is rewarded with new customers as a result. Now we need to make a new list of
demands like lots cheaper data rates and non-crippled browsers.
A smart phone would be nice but I bet it will be at least 2-3 years away at best. :)

I believe I would have snatched up a LG500 or LG800 as I'm a TF user, except I also have a smart phone now.
So I'm covered and have the luxury of watching the prices come down first, not that they are bad now, before
buying one, or both. :D

KLM

aussie145

HEY, MINE CAME TODAY. :-)

NOW, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE THE DATE & TIME THAT IS SHOWING UP ON MY SCREEN?

I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THIS THING AND CAN'T FIND HOW TO CORRECT THE DATE N TIME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

caribpapi

aussie145
April 30, 2011, 11:21 pm
HEY, MINE CAME TODAY. :-)

NOW, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE THE DATE & TIME THAT IS SHOWING UP ON MY SCREEN?

I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THIS THING AND CAN'T FIND HOW TO CORRECT THE DATE N TIME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Is it activated correctly by Tracfone? The time and date should be set automatically. :ermm:

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Can anyone who now has the LG 800G tell me if there is any option to change the displayed icons
so they don't look like little kid cartoon icons? I like everything else I've heard about the phone so far
and plan on getting one soon but why in the world would they use little cartoon icons, great for a little
kids phone I guess (just my opinion)?

aussie145

Yes, there is the 'cartoon' style icons and then a 'normal' style to choose from.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

aussie145,

Thank you for that good news. Hope someone posts a picture of the phone with it set with the normal icons.

Now I'm more inclined to get one ...... Thanks again.

spanieldoggy

Weeeeelllll .... I gave in and bought one of these on Net10 so I'll be sure to tell you what I think when I get it. :)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
BobbyLee
May 1, 2011, 2:15 am
aussie145,
Thank you for that good news. Hope someone posts a picture of the phone with it set with the normal icons.
Now I'm more inclined to get one ...... Thanks again.
Posted Image

JPrime

Hello to all. I just got my phone and was doing a lot of research on what and what doesn't work.
For apps and games, its been a real mixed bag for me. I still don't know the details on what makes a
game compatible with this phone, so right now its been more trial and error. I know the system supports
apps that are 240x320. Not all Java games will be touchscreen, but there is a program you can find on
Google called "Java Adapter for Mobile" that will add touch screen capabilities to Java games.
(Although I haven't had much luck adding touch capabilities to certain apps).

Here's a tutorial I found (Again, some games work better with touchscreen capabilities, some don't).
Link: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-cookie-tips-make-a-normal-java-game-the-touchscreen-game.html

As for what has worked, there are many games that seem to perform well or "OK" ... but a few others were too
slow for my taste. As Carib stated, there might be a way to change something in the jar file, but I have no clue yet:

Games that I have working well: Street Fighter Alpha, Guitar Hero 5 Mobile, Spore, Lost Planet 2

With apps, it seems that signed versions have an easier time installing than unsigned ones. (Might be a big DUH here).
I am REALLY trying to look for a document app that handles zip files to read books, but no luck yet. :(
One called Foliant installs perfectly and opens ... but it can't find my Download folder.
(Might be due to the fact that its made for Nokia phones. I would LOVE to get this program to work on this)

Apps that are working: Latest Opera Mini, Snaptu

As for movies, I have tried converting a few in MP4, and 3GP format to work on this phone, but right now no luck.
I guess if I find the details, I'll let you all know. :)

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

Sweeper,

Thanks for the picture with the normal icons.

It looks a lot better than the cartoon icons, now I definitely want one to play with.

sweetiepoosmom

Hi everyone! ... I'm new to this forum but not new to Tracfone. I've had a Nokia 1100 for many years.

I ordered the LG 800G from HSN, after it was "Sold Out" at the $99 price with 4 Flex-pays. It came back in the
system at around 1:45 AM (Eastern) for $99 and 2 Flex-Pays. (Shortly after that, the price went up to #129).
I ordered a phone for $99 and it arrived yesterday.

I'm wondering if the mp3 player will play a Sansa SanDisk slotMusic microSD card???

I haven't opened the package yet. I'm trying to decide if I should port my telephone number from the
Nokia 1100 to the LG 800G when I begin the Activation process. I have 900 + minutes on the Nokia
and with a 01/2012 expiration date. Decisions, decisions.

Member Avatar

sweetiepoosmom
May 1, 2011, 7:19 pm
Hi everyone! ... I'm new to this forum but not new to Tracfone. I've had a Nokia 1100 for many years.

I ordered the LG 800G from HSN, after it was "Sold Out" at the $99 price with 4 Flex-pays. It came back in the
system at around 1:45 AM (Eastern) for $99 and 2 Flex-Pays. (Shortly after that, the price went up to #129).

I'm wondering if the mp3 player will play a Sansa SanDisk slotMusic microSD card???

I haven't opened the package yet. I'm trying to decide if I should port my telephone number from the
Nokia 1100 to the LG 800G when I begin the Activation process. I have 900 + minutes on the Nokia
I have a cheap $5 generic micro sd card from Wallyworld and its working just fine in mine. Waiting to see
if anyone puts in an 8 or 16GB with success before I get a 'quality' name-brand card and really load it up.

I'm waiting before I transfer my phone number. Tracfone swears up & down there's no ATT GSM service here,
but other than the same dead zones I have with my CDMA phone, all seems on par.

Member Avatar

JPrime
May 1, 2011, 2:38 pm
Apps that are working: Latest Opera Mini, Snaptu

As for movies, I have tried converting a few in MP4, and 3GP format to work on this phone, but right now no luck.
I guess if I find the details, I'll let you all know. :)
The only 'sub app' of snaptu that I cared for was the weather. I eventually got rid of that (with the rest of snaptu) and
am looking for a decent stand-alone weather app. A local forecast with a regional map/satellite weather is all I need.

sweetiepoosmom

May 1, 2011, 7:38 pm
sweetiepoosmom
May 1, 2011, 7:19 pm

I have a cheap $5 generic micro sd card from Wallyworld and its working just fine in mine. Waiting to see
if anyone puts in an 8 or 16GB with success before I get a 'quality' name-brand card and really load it up.

I'm waiting before I transfer my phone number. Tracfone swears up & down there's no ATT GSM service here,
but other than the same dead zones I have with my CDMA phone, all seems on par.
The Sansa SanDisk slotMusic Cards have 100 songs on them. The songs can't be copied or burned onto anything.
I have a feeling that I won't be able to use the card on the LG because it doesn't have the Sansa software on it and
I strongly suspect that TF won't let anyone download the software (and Sansa SanDisk probably won't let me down
load its software).

The slotMusic cards are intended to be used in SanDisk Sansa mps players: Sans Clip Plus and Sansa Fuze Plus.

Just thought I'd ask the "Experts" here for any insight.

Member Avatar

Ah, a pre-loaded card. Maybe perhaps the format isn't compatible. I've got my ish in MP3 format and it works OK.
Some day I'll have to get a cord to plug into my car radio and check out the 'ipod' quality.

Annnnnnnnnnd, got my voicemail working. ATT service around here is also via US Cellular, so I'm set up through
them for VM. Just have to dial my number plus *01 and I'm there. :)

Member Avatar

May 1, 2011, 7:48 pm
The only 'sub app' of snaptu that I cared for was the weather. I eventually got rid of that (with the rest of snaptu) and
am looking for a decent stand-alone weather app. A local forecast with a regional map/satellite weather is all I need.
Downloaded Opera Mini. Very nice Accu Weather so I think I'll keep it.

Now something for GPS.... ^o)

jaake130

I have the LG 800G tracfone ... can someone tell me how to access the speaker phone mode??

JPrime

jaake130
May 2, 2011, 12:37 am
I have the LG 800G tracfone ... can someone tell me how to access the speaker phone mode??

Link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/tutorial.seam?

desertdude

Got my lg800g last Friday. Tried to activate it on Saturday using the TracFone website and porting my number in
from Net10. Website wouldn't let me for some reason. Didn't really want to call tech support since I've had a lot of
experience with them in the past but what else could I do? She went through all the usual putting me on hold several
times with me asking her to repeat everything since I couldn't hear her very well. After about 1/2 hr she assured me it
would be activated in a matter of minutes. I hung up and discovered my Net10 phone was now dead but new
TracFone lg800g was still inactive. Waited til this morning....still not working...called again and after going through
all the same stuff again and inputting an enourmous amount of numbers into my phone it came alive. I now have a
cauliflower ear from so much time on the phone with TracFone. But I knew what to expect so it's ok now.
The phone is AWSOME!! I've been with TracFone/Net10 for many years and this new lg800g is the best phone yet
in my humble opinion.

s_man33

Are you able to play videos off of youtube on this phone?

Sam's Mom

Got my new LG 800G today. Once the phone charge was done, I girded myself for a lengthy session with Tracfone to transition
my existing time and number to the new phone. It took all of 3 minutes, all done online, just as slick as snail snot!! :P

Now looking forward to seeing what she's got under the hood, so to speak. :D

allitnil

Okay, so I got mine today and I waited on hold for an hour to transfer my minutes from my lg900g that
I broke (and really liked!!) ... no go...then they were closed.

But here is the deal so far...

There IS a qwerty keyboard (touch screen) but you have to search for it. In the settings section under phone,
then information-- there is a device guide that shows you animation on a couple of things-- one is how to find
the qwerty keyboard, but it only works after you've already put in a few characters in the text box-- so you have
to kind of trick it into playing nice. The screen seemed to handle my Andre the giant fingers well enough even
with the tiny screen.

Music? - good player with automatic hold after the screen goes dark.
Also you can jump to any point in the song by sliding the bar which is cool.

The video player is cool too and goes to full screen if you choose to orient it sideways...BUT it did not play any
of the 3gp videos I had converted for the lg900 that worked so well before I dropped it one too many times.
It did however play some other 3gp files that I had downloaded from an streaming site that list as 3gp... but for
some reason my files that I converted myself did not work--I will have to find out why...

Anyone care to help? ... please tell me what kind of video works?!?!?

Also--it seems this phone does not read 8g SD cards!!! I formatted one and it still didn't recognize it.
My 4g SD card worked okay... but that is not enough for me. Imay have to return this and get another lg900g.

Oh, and there's no radio...

JPrime

allitnil
May 3, 2011, 2:03 am
But for some reason my files that I converted myself did not work-- I will have to find out why---

Anyone care to help? Pleasw tell me what kind of video works?!?!?
Looks like it only supports conversions of 176x144 (QCIF) and not QVGA. :( .. Hopefully I am wrong, but I have
tried 5 different converters, with different settings and file types and a 3GP file that was 176x144 worked instantly.

Still more testing...

UPDATE: Got 320x240 working! :D I created a 3gp but instead of using H.263 as the video codec, I used MPEG-4 instead.

UPDATE 2: My favorite configuration is to make the file 3gp2 using MPEG-4 which gives me support for stereo sound
and I just make the video quality at a bit lower rate. I guess it all depends on what file size you want to manage.

allitnil

**UPDATE: Got 320x240 working! :D I created a 3gp but instead of using H.263 as the video codec, I used MPEG-4 instead.**

Yeah, I tried that format and it was a no go for me (any video converter pro). after work tonight I'll put in some more experiments.

Any thoughts on why it won't read an 8g sd card?

Why the <EPH> am I having to do all this anyway? why can't I find an actual manual or specs on this thing?
LG website doesn't even acknowledge the lg800?!?!?!!?

JPrime

allitnil
May 3, 2011, 10:46 am
Yeah, I tried that format and it was a no go for me (any video converter pro). after work tonight I'll put in some more experiments.

Any thoughts on why it won't read an 8g sd card?

Why the <EPH> am I having to do all this anyway? why can't I find an actual manual or specs on this thing?
LG website doesn't even acknowledge the lg800?!?!?!!?
I used Xilisoft Video Converter, so maybe its the codecs you're using? Not sure? ^o)

Here's an example video:

Would be nice if the phone faded out when pausing a movie to save power.

As for the SD card, I believe I also read it only supports 4gb cards which sux.

allitnil

That video looked acceptable...was that the 320x240 3gp/mp4 ?

I did an episode of american dad in standard 3gp in the 176x144 and it come out looking like a game of tetris.
Ok, maybe an exaggeration, but you get the idea. (the original copy was good).
I'm converting another file in your recommended format with fingers crossed right now.

Yeah the 8g card is not supported. There is no excuse for this. Anyone with a real interest in using an SD card
will fill a 4g card with music etc. before even getting to videos--no room for my shows? lame...

I also found a handwriting reader for texting - but it is only cool to play with for a few minutes and then...eh..?

BTW prime, how did you outline my text and insert it into your reply?

allitnil

I used gspot to see properties of a camcorder file from the lg800 -

codec- s263
size 320 x 240
file type : 3gp4 : 3GPP Media (.3GP) Release 4

Not sure what EXACTLY this translates to in my converter. but I'll give it a shot.

I don't see mention of mp4 codec in 3gp format--and I tried it again myself and it didn't work again--

@prime- could you post detailed settings for your successful larger than 174x144 files? So I could try the same?
There are LOTS of variants in the profile editing section on the AVS converter (I think iIve given up on the
anyvideoconverter - it doesn't have the 320x240 choice at all for 3gp anyway).

JPrime

allitnil
May 3, 2011, 3:56 pm
I used gspot to see properties of a camcorder file from the lg800 -

codec- s263
size 320 x 240
file type : 3gp4 : 3GPP Media (.3GP) Release 4

Not sure what EXACTLY this translates to in my converter. but I'll give it a shot.

I don't see mention of mp4 codec in 3gp format--and i tried it again myself and it didn't work again--

@prime- could you post detailed settings for your successful larger than 174x144 files? So I could try the same?
There are LOTS of variants in the profile editing section on the AVS converter (I think I've given up on the
anyvideoconverter - it doesn't have the 320x240 choice at all for 3gp anyway).
Did you check if you have any advanced settings to change stuff manually?
If you did, you might wanna try an upgraded version of your software or something else.
SUPER is a free one you can try. Like I stated before, this is what I used:

File Format: 3gp2 (The file should still show 3gp when its finished)
Video Codec: MPEG-4 (Instead of normal, I used low quality video due to the big difference in file size)
Size: 320x240
Audio Codec: AAC

You might have to look in the advanced settings or even type them in manually depending on what you are using.

And to "outline text" just use the quote button under the post you wish to outline. :D

allitnil

I just realized that this link was already posted for the tutorials. (by jprime)

Anyway, jprime's advice seems to work best for video:

MPEG4 (divx/xvid compatible) - codec
3GPP - profile
320 x 240 size
3gp release 4 (rel.4) - file type
MPEG-2/4 - Audio (AAC)

with AVS converter this is listed as:
3GPP - Mobile Highest Available Quality - (MPEG 4, 104 kbps...(etc)

Just change the size to 320 x 240 instead of the automatic 176 x 144
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again...

JPrime

One of the things I realized that sux about this phone: I can't find a hard case for it anywhere! :(

The only thing I can find are silicone cases and those dumb sleeves/sock things.

allitnil

No case? - I haven't even looked.

But I did cut down an Ipod screen protector (to size) for it.

ciliegia

Could someone post a photo of this phone in text mode?

What type of keyboard does it have?

Also, how is the sound quality?

Thanks.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
ciliegia
May 4, 2011, 12:04 pm
Could someone post a photo of this phone in text mode?
What type of keyboard does it have?
Also, how is the sound quality? ...... Thanks.
Posted Image

spanieldoggy

I got mine !! ... She's charging right now ... Will report my findings.

Sam's Mom

Gotta confess, I'm new to the whole apps scene plus total newbie to touchscreen phones.

Can anyone suggest a good site to download apps for the LG 800G?

bedian49
This Space For Rent
Standby Time

Using the LG 800g for 5-10 minutes a day and the phone being turned on 24/7, the battery lasted for
6 days and 14 hours on the first charge.

Most of the descriptions say up to 8 days standby time, so I guess it's possible.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I just wanted to say that the Tracfone LG 800g is getting a lot of information and pictures posted over on its Topic.

* I thought I'd just mention this just in case we don't get that much information posted here on the Net10 model.

* Here is the link to the Tracfone LG 800g version here on Turk Forums if anyone is interested:

* Link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/4245631/1/

* Ps: thanks to everyone so far that has posted information on this phone, it is appreciated .. ;)

NETurk B-)

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I just wanted thank everyone so far that has posted Information and Pictures on this phone, it is appreciated!

* Also, I changed the Topic as well, from New Tracfone LG 800G - to - New Tracfone LG 800G + Reviews + Pics.

* I always do this after a new phone comes out and gets enough Info / reviews / questions / pictures / etc. posted.

* If you look back in the Forums, you'll see that I did that with most other popular phones on here.

* So once again, thanks everyone ... and keep all that good Information coming! .. ;)

Turk B-)

JPrime

Sam's Mom
May 4, 2011, 9:38 pm
Gotta confess, I'm new to the whole apps scene plus total newbie to touchscreen phones.
Can anyone suggest a good site to download apps for the LG 800G?
Wish I could give a straight answer to that SM, but from all the searching I have done, its been a real hit or
miss with what apps function and what don't.

If I were you, depending on what type of app you would want, I would do a Google search for "Java mobile
touch screen apps" and see what you can come up with in testing. It just seems like the more popular Java
app sites are focused towards Nokia phones.

I just want a damn document reader that opens zip files with images! :D

cobra4246

I really want one of these phones, but when I put my zip code in, the phone is not in my zip code.

How do I find out when it will be available???

spanieldoggy

Ok, here goes my first review : clapping:

Firstly, I'll talk about activating the phone. Activation was a little harder than expected, even though I did call
the FL center. After putting in a gazillion codes, the phone was activated, or so I thought. When we called the
phone, the old phone still rang even though we had the number transferred. They told us to wait 24 hours, and
sure enough, when I woke up this morning, it was fixed.

The screen is very bright, and very responsive IMHO , though not as responsive as a few other touchscreen
devices I have handled. There is a nice vibrate when you touch the screen, although I can't figure out how to
set the ringer to vibrate. The sounds are loud, with a good seven levels of volume.

Apps and web- I had some trouble recently using the browser where pages were slow to load and app downloads
would freeze up. That seems to have corrected itself. I have the signed Snaptu working just dandy. I also have the
unsigned gmail running. The browser is good with EDGE data. I havent really gotten around to testing the camera,
and I will report on that shortly.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I have the same problem trying to order this phone as cobra4246, it's not showing up on my zip code's ordering page.
Just wondering, are there both ATT (sim card starts with 890141) and T-Mobile (sim card starts with 890126) versions
of the LG 800G out there? I ask because when I go to purchase an LG 800G with my zip code (I'm definitely in an ATT
GSM zip code) the LG 800G does not show up as one of my phone choices.

If I use another zip code that has strong T-Mobile coverage the LG 800G appears as one of the phones you can purchase.
T-Mobile sucks in my area so I don't want to buy one and then have to argue with customer service to send a new ATT
Sim card for the phone. ...... Thanks!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I honestly believe that they are simply out of stock on the 800G at the moment. You've got to realize that it is a
milestone phone for Trac - add that to the fact that is comes with a 60 minute card, and has DMFL - you get a
very hot phone, especially for $50.
I don't think that it will be fully stocked again until Monday, but I don't work for them. The LG 500G has also proven
to be popular, for obvious reason, and just think how fast it would sell if it also came with a 60 minute card.

JPrime

For anyone wanting to make ringtones, looks like the max file size is equal to or less than 300KB.

I guess however you get to that number is on you.

I have been converting snippets of tracks using Audacity and lowering the bit rate as needed.

spanieldoggy

And continuing...

Camera - the phone camera is two megapixels, which is the standard for higher-end AM models.
The capture button is kind of hard to press in my experience.

Also, I have found that images that couldn't be loaded on my sammy t401g would load perfectly with out any lag.

I have two questions for anyone who has figured out this phone.
1. Is there a FM radio?
2. Can you set the phone to vibrate only?

chucki

Just got my new LG 800g ... WOW ... love it ... love it ... what a bargain!

I ordered it online, my zip code did not show it, but used another code for ATT coverage etc.
It works fine ... major savings compared to what I paid at Verizon ......... chuck

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
While I have the Tracfone version, the settings for vibrate are the same as Net10's.

Settings>Profiles (you may need to swipe the screen to get to it)>Silent. From there you can set it to vibrate only.

spanieldoggy

Thanks, The Sweeper

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* spanieldoggy .... thanks so far for your review .... feel free to post more info as you find it .... thanks!

* Also, I don't think the LG 800g has an FM Radio, neither the Net10 version or the Tracfone version. :-/
----------------------
* Just wondering why people aren't waiting for the touch screen Moto ex124g to come out first before buying this phone?

* I can see it now .... "Man, that Moto ex124g is nice ... why didn't I wait to get this phone instead! " (lol) ;)

kruT B-)

aidennyc

Anyone in NYC have this phone? I'm in zip code 11214 (Brooklyn) and want to be sure it will work before I purchase it.

I want to transfer my minutes / airtime from my old lg flip phone to the LG 800G.

If anyone from NYC has this phone, can you tell me what zip code to enter when buying it online?

Many thanx ; )

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.