|* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.|
* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!
* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.
* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.
* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!
* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.
|What does the 1x icon on my phone mean?|
|Tweet Topic Started: August 15, 2011, 9:25 am (6,390 Views)|
|mtnman||August 15, 2011, 9:25 am Post #1|
On my new LG 290c, next to the signal strength bars, there is a 1x icon, what is this???
I have looked in the worthless manual that comes with the phone, but cant find it...
By the way, this is a very good phone. ...... mtnman
|Masked Superstar||August 15, 2011, 10:16 pm Post #2|
I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but that icon (1x) is suppose to be there and always will.
CDMA phones have the (1x) on top of their screens, unlike GSM phones that usually don't, it's a CDMA icon.
It suppose to be about dealing with the connection to your Service (Verizon) and dealing with your web browser speed.
If you ever get another CDMA Tracfone/Net10 phone, it will be on that phone as well, don't worry, it's safe to have.
Like I said, I'm not an expert, so maybe someone else will explain it more in depth than I did, if you're interested.
|AKmaro1||August 16, 2011, 2:48 pm Post #3|
The only thing I can add is from the Nokia 2126i owners manual that lists the 1x icon as meaning you are in
a 1XRTT Network ... I also think I remember reading that it means you are in an "enhanced services" area.
Which is probably a one size fits all description for the web browsing and MMS messaging services that most
So it just means you are in a good network area.
Anyone else... ?
|Turk||August 17, 2011, 12:45 am Post #4|
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* mtnman .... both those guys above are correct with their information, I really can't add anything more myself.
* I'm not going to add this to the LG 290c topic in the forum, I'm going to change your topic title to help others out.
* This is a good question about CDMA phones in general, so that is why I'll keep it here, but change the title,
- hope you don't mind.
* If you have anymore questions about your LG 290c phone, feel free to post them under the LG 290c Topic, thanks.
|Tracfancier||August 17, 2011, 5:19 pm Post #5|
1XRTT (radio transmission technology) is a subset of CDMA2000
supporting data speeds up to 144Kbps (typical speeds of 60-80 Kbps) = 2.5G
Supported by both Verizon and Sprint.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Other Topics Forum · Next Topic »|