Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Turk Forums Weekly Poll: .... Who would you like to see win the Baseball World Series?
Kansas City Royals
San Francisco Giants
I don't care who wins.
Poll Maker
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Net10) LG 900g Phone Topic
Topic Started: October 14, 2010, 8:53 pm (47,908 Views)
d4kc9
Member Avatar

I know that some CDMA devices (I know it does apply to this phone) program the last 4 digits of your cell
phone number as the security code.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tkulpa09

I have the LG 900G phone by Net10 and I love it, but I just received my replacement phone from them.
Because the mp3 player takes a full minute or longer to load up the music from a micro sd card.

I was wondering if anyone has discovered this or any suggestions to fix this problem because I don't
want to give this phone up and ask for another one.

The phone is the best one on the market so far that is almost a smartphone. I bought mine for $29.99. :D
If your looking for wallpaper for the LG 900g - go to www.zedge.net and the wallpaper is free. :)

KLM
Member Avatar

The long loading time of music from SD was discussed very early on when the 900 was released.

The more songs you add to the card, the longer it will take. Nature of the beast. ;)

mssimba

I bought this phone from Best Buy. I went on a trip and took the phone along. I don't know why I didn't take the charger.
Anyway, the phone ran out of oomph and I couldn't use it after a few phone calls... Now I want to charge it but don't
know what the charger looks like (I have many phones and chargers). Does someone have a picture of the charger,
especially the front and the back (with the specs)? ... I don't know what to look for.

Thanks

mssimba

Never mind. I went through all my luggage and found it way in the bottom of my camera bag.
So now I can charge the phone.

mssimba

This question has probably already been asked but I have to make a quick decision on what Net10 card to buy.
I bought a 750 min card for $25. used it only a few times. Now my plan has expired so I have to buy a new card.
However, I only want the card to learn how to use all the features like the web and the camera. After that I won't
be using the phone until January 2012 when I go on a trip.

So I only need a card that will give me enough minutes to learn the features. But I might change my mind about
using the phone only in January 2012 - Still like the keyboard on my old Nokia 1100 better. I do not do ANY texting.

So what card should I buy that would give me enough minutes (no monthly plan)?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* mssimba .... I don't have the LG 900g .... but I can give my 2 cents worth, and that's all it's worth. (lol) ^_^

* If that was me, I'd just buy the $20/200 minute card for now to test out the phone, then go from there.

* 200 minutes is a lot of minutes ... plus, if you do run out of minutes for some reason you can always buy more.

* But, if you buy too much right off the bat, then you might be stuck with too many extra minutes on the phone?

* You may have to get a new SIM card for the LG 900g, if you let it expired as you said (just saying) ... good luck! ;)

tUrK B-)

david

KLM
February 17, 2011, 1:43 pm
@ awweeks - Oh man on the phone going bonkers!
This is the first case I have heard of with this unit, and hope it is not a trend!

I reviewed your posts and see you just purchased the phone. So, I will assume you have not had time to install
any applications, etc. that may be making your phone ill. And yeah as suggested, pull the SD card and leave it
out if you installed one, although I did read you did not get any accessories.

You did not happen to set any audible event alarms (alarm clock, calendar) of any type did you? That was a
glitch of the LG 420 that came out not too long ago, and people were having their phones die and trouble
powering on. Hopefully LG did not copy and paste the firmware to the 900!

With it turning off and locking up, could be the hardware of firmware.

Did you buy it locally? Maybe you could make an exchange. But that would mean you'd lose your number.
Well ... I'm remembering what company you are dealing with here ... Sorry, I had a lapse....

If this was my phone doing this, I would pull the battery and leave it out for 24 hours.
Also, you could remove and reinsert the SIM card just for kicks before powering it back up.

If it fails to work as you it should, I would not call regular customer service unless you have lots
of time and lots of hair before they came to the conclusion you need a new phone.

Instead call corporate at: 1800 876 5753 They tend to get things done.

Be sure to tell them you pulled the battery for 24 hours and reseated the SIM card.

I must say it seems like this company does not really mind if they have to quickly ship you a new
phone once they made the determination that is the solution.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, and again I hope it is not a trend.
This happens to be a really good phone. I bough mine at Radio Shack and quickly changed the annoying beep
after each keypress. The back feels a little flimsy but its pretty powerful overall. This place has nice covers for a
decent price if you're like me and dont like the gray it comes in: LG 900G covers

david

So I could not find many places to get a bluetooth headset for the LG 900G. If anyone knows a good place to get a
small and inexpensive one - please post. This one uses a micro usb cable which I picked up but could not use it to
teather but transfering files is a breeze with an sd card.

Here's a place for nice silicone rubber covers Cheap silicone covers for LG 900G to cover the yucky gray.

The other thing that's great is you can send files via bluetooth instead of MMS and save the cost.
Use a bluetooth dongle for this, also a breeze. ^_^

Bruce

Not sure this will get posted but I did not see any place to add a new post. I just bought the LG 900g and
have a few questions that I hope someone can answer. Really am confused about these issues.

1. A friend gave me a memory card for my phone and when I check the details of the external memory it asks
if I want to format it. If I click yes it asks for a security code or pin number. I have no clue where to find that.
Can someone explain that to me please.

2. If I take a picture on my phone and then save to external memory It goes to that file, but when I delete the
original from the phone file it deletes the external one as well. Am I doing something wrong here?
Not sure what you can and cannot save to the external memory.

If someone has answers then please post them or send me the info to my e mail at: bgcheste@aol.com

It really is a shame the phone did not come with a manual that explains everything to hi-tech idiots like me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Bruce

MJamesC

Bruce
May 15, 2011, 12:43 pm
Not sure this will get posted but I did not see any place to add a new post. I just bought the LG 900g and
have a few questions that I hope someone can answer. Really am confused about these issues.

1. A friend gave me a memory card for my phone and when I check the details of the external memory it asks
if I want to format it. If I click yes it asks for a security code or pin number. I have no clue where to find that.
Can someone explain that to me please.

2. If I take a picture on my phone and then save to external memory It goes to that file, but when I delete the
original from the phone file it deletes the external one as well. Am I doing something wrong here?
Not sure what you can and cannot save to the external memory.

If someone has answers then please post them or send me the info to my e mail at: bgcheste@aol.com

It really is a shame the phone did not come with a manual that explains everything to hi-tech idiots like me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated ........ Thanks, Bruce
Hope this helps.

1. Go to: Menu->Settings->External Memory, Choose Format, Enter code: 0000, Wait about 10 minutes or so.

2. Your doing nothing wrong. The phone creates a link (much like a 'shortcut' on windows) to the photo on your
main pictures folder on your phone. so when you delete it, it also deletes the one on the memory card too.
Why it does this I don't know maybe someone else can answer that one.

Here is a link to a gw300 manual (which is same thing as the lg900g) GW300 (LG 900G) Link

JoJo71

Thanks for this info!

This is the only place that this is addressed! ... And I wanted to use the secret memo!!!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Here is the LG 900g + Free Accessory Kit that is at some Walmart Stores and also at Walmart.com for only $30.
* Just thought I'd post this picture and information for those out there that may be thinking of getting this phone. ;)

Posted Image

Picture provided by Turk and his Turkberry (r355c) B-)

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I had a little less than 700 minutes on my LG 900G at 11:30 PM Thursday night and around midnight I received
a text message which I deleted without reading and now I have ZERO minutes. All my minutes came from card
purchases where the minutes are suppose to carryover, not the plans where they cancel out at the end of the 30
days. Does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened? My time remaining, 149 days was the same
before and after the minutes disappeared. .... I'll definitely be calling CS in Miami tomorrow!

desertdude

I had that happen one time a few years ago. I turned on my TracFone one morning and my screen read 0 minutes
and 0 days left though the night before it said about 1200 minutes and 2 years left. I called CS and she said it was
a system error (?) and replaced it all with no problems. I hope you have similar luck with them.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

I got my minutes put back on my phone without any problems (other than calling them and putting up with the
"Please hold while I add some notes" many many times). They did say this was the first time they had it happen
with an LG 900G model (yeah, right, probably won't be the last time) ..... What a relief!

hombunz

When I try to send a picture with my LG 900g phone it's saying "message capacity is exceeded".

I have 4GB of memory. What gives? :ermm:

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

hombunz, it means you're trying to send a picture with a file size larger than your LG 900G and whoever your
carrier is (ATT/T-Mobile) allow. It has nothing to do with the memory available on your phone. When you try to
send a picture that is too large it says "Message capacity is exceeded. Resize?". Select "Yes" and it will shrink
the file size so you can send it in a message but the original file retains its original size so you can transfer the
best quality file to your computer to play with.

Here is a little more info about sending video files I ran across: "With regard to video messages, AT&T will only
accept video messages with file sizes of 100Kb or less. If this size is exceeded, AT&T will deliver the message,
but not the video attachment. Verizon Wireless phones are capable of recording videos of 30 seconds length
and 200Kb file size. Before sending your video message to an AT&T friend, make sure to check the size of the
video to make sure it is 100Kb or less. --- All video messages sent from AT&T customers to Verizon Wireless
customers will be delivered."

If you plan to send a video message via message make sure the Video setting for Duration is set to Message and
not Normal, that way it limits your video to however many seconds it can record so the file size is acceptable.
Hope that helps, if not repost.

mabrock01

I just bought this phone too and it actually came with a 4 gig sd card. It won't let me save anything to it. I can take
out the card and put it back in and it will 'light' up but when I click on it, it is no longer highlighted just like it isn't there.

Why would it not recognize the card? It was a great deal because it came with the bonus of also a car charger,
the ear buds and the 4 gig card all for $29.88. But it is not reading the sd card .... Any answers?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

mabrock01, did you try to format the card in your phone? Another individual on another forum said they had
the same problem with the card that came with their LG 900G, so he formatted it in his LG 401G phone then it
worked in his LG900G. I don't understand why the LG900G wouldn't let you format it. The free cards probably
aren't formatted properly to be used in the LG 900G when you receive them but why you can't format it on the
phone stumps me.

If you haven't tried to format it on your phone try it! Stick the card in and go to: Menu - Settings - Memory Info -
External Memory. If it lets you get that far, hopefully there is the option to Format in the lower left hand corner.
If Format is displayed then select it.

Hope some of this helps. Post again with some follow up please, or if you find a solution, so we know how to fix it.

KLM
Member Avatar

hombunz
May 28, 2011, 4:33 pm
When I try to send a picture with my LG 900g phone it's saying "message capacity is exceeded".
I have 4GB of memory. What gives? :ermm:
As mentioned above, you are attaching to large of a picture. The total size of he MMS cannot exceed 300 kilobytes.
Lotsa Tracfone models have this limitation.

imrahotep

Net10 LG 900G is $29.88 at Walmart. Just picked one up 2day. So far I love it. Still learning my way around it.

kelseyt

Got my WalMart Net10 LG 900g about a week ago. Waiting on my Tracfone LG 420g minutes to get used up.
I've been creating and inloading ringtones and everything else I can do with an inactive phone. Is there a way
to transfer Tracfone minutes to a Net10 account (since they're the same company)?

Also, for anybody who's interested (I've scanned the entire thread and haven't seen this bit of info -- I hope I
didn't overlook it), if you need a USB transfer cable and you've got a Kodak Easyshare camera lying around,
you're in business. Been using my son's with no problems. And my daughter's older one of about three years
ago is the same too.

Finally, I know it's not a smartphone, but has anyone in their hacking wisdom come up with a way of reading
ebooks on the 900g? I hope I've missed the answer somewhere here. I've been carrying an old Palm Zire 31
around for that reason only, and I'd like to consolidate my devices. If you've ever messed with a Palm, I can
assure you that if it can run an ebook reader, this phone ought to be able to.

KLM
Member Avatar

Tracfone and Net10 are under parent company America Movil, but I don't recall anyone being able to transfer
minutes between a Tracfone and Net10. I'm guessing if it there were any possibility you'd have to talk sweet to
a rep for Net10. I don't think there is cross talk between Net10 and Tracfone... And definitely if you have bonus
minutes, they could not be transferred as there are no bonus minutes for Net10.

Nope on ebooks. But supposedly there are converters that will change it to a .jar (or pit it in a .JAR container) file
so it could be read on a java based phone such as described in:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Read-E-books-on-Your-Java-Mobile-Phone-138348.shtml

The web site (TequilaCat) it suggests in the article I tried, and Avast! reported it as a malicious URL, so I'm not going to try it.

Yes other data cables will work as you mentioned on the 900G as long as it has a male micro USB connector
and all wires in the cable are present to carry data.

Good luck out there...

kelseyt

Okay I've downloaded one of the jar ebooks, and it works just fine. This phone may not run a dedicated ebook
program like Kindle or Nook or the smartphones do, but if you can read a book on the 900g, then that's just all
details. Of course you don't have all the fancy formatting and fluffy details the others do, but hey, I've been using
a 2002 Palm Zire! I'm well used to the minimalist approach. I was pointing out the use of the Kodak USB cable
because a lot of people are likely to have one but they may not have thought about it.

I bet somebody somewhere has figured out the Net10/Tracfone minutes thing. Report, whoever you are!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
kelseyt:

Is there a way to transfer Tracfone minutes to a Net10 account (since they're the same company)?
* kelseyt .... your question has come up from time to time over the years ... so this is an easy one.

* Even though they are pretty much the same company, the answer to your question is No. (sorry)

* And you also can't transfer minutes from a Net10 phone to a Tracfone either .. :-/

"And that's the bottom line .... cause the Turk said so!" B-)

KLM
Member Avatar

Turk has spoken! - Sorry kelseyt

It would be nice if Net10 did transfer minutes that are of the non-bonus type, but I guess in this case,
this is how the company makes money in lieu of cheap phones, and inexpensive cell service.

Thanks Turk,

KLM

JerseyGrl

Hi everyone, another newbie here to the forum though I've been lurking for a long time, and you guys are awesome.

I was a Tracfone user for many years, I switched to Net10 because they had a better choice of phones. The phone
I have right now is the Samsung T401G. I do love the phone but not crazy about the qwerty keyboard that pops out.
The other issue I have with it is the small screen, I take my Mom to a lot of Doctor appts. so there's a lot of waiting -
I like surfing the web but the screen is too small.

Here's my dilemma, I saw the LG 900G listed on Walmart's website for $29.99 and it includes a 4GB SD Card,
I'm really tempted to get this phone but then I saw posts of yours discussing the LG 800G and the Motorola EX
124G, and now I'm not sure what to do. It looks like I can download Opera Mini to the LG 900G, but what about
the size of the screen? Is the size similar to the Samsung T401G? or is it larger? - I'm really liking the look and
convenience of the 900G, but do you think I'm better off waiting until the Motorola EX 124G phone comes out?
I'm not that crazy about the looks of the LG 800G.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* JerseyGrl ... hi ... I don't have this phone, but I will give my 2 cents worth on your questions about the LG 900g.

* The LG 900g bundle deal at Walmarts is a great deal for only $30 - I am tempted to buy one myself, just to have.

* Yes, you can download Opera Mini to this phone as many has stated in this forum and on other forums as well.

* The screen on the LG 900g is huge! ... a lot bigger than the Samsung 401g...
- and even a shy bigger than my Net10 Samsung r355c phone.

* I can't say whether to wait for the Motorola ex124g or not, for who knows when that phone will appear?
- but, if you get the LG 900g now for $30, then down the road if you do like the Moto ex124g, you can always switch?

* If you have a Radio Shack near you, they have display models out of this phone, you can go and see it for yourself.

* But in my opinion, I'd say go for it ... it's a great deal for only $30 ... plus, it's better than the Samsung 401g.

* Let us know what you decide to do - and if you get the phone, feel free to post your thoughts here, thanks .. ;)

* Ps: if you do decide to buy the phone and like it, feel free to give me all the credit...
- but if you buy the phone and you don't like it, feel free to blame KLM. (lol)(just kidding, or am I?) ^_^

B-) Turk = Awesome

JerseyGrl

Thanks Turk for the response.

I didn't get a chance to go to Radio Shack today but I did go to Walmart, they didn't have this phone in stock but they
did have a Straight Talk R355C and that phone was gorgeous, so I'm hoping that the Net10 LG 900g phone is similar.

I'm definitely leaning toward buying this phone, the Motorola phone looks cool but I have an Android Tablet and the
finger touch or using a stylus gets to be annoying, so I think that's another reason why I'm leaning towards this phone.

LOL, I'll gladly give you credit for purchasing the phone.

BTW it's really nice to see so many satisfied Tracfone and Net10 customers. We've been with Tracfone for about 10
years, we left Verizon and have been very satisfied with the phones and service. The only thing I don't understand
is why Tracfone has such a limited amount of phones whereas Net10 and Straight Talk have a better variety. My
Husband, Mom and MIL are still with Tracfone but they're happy with their phones, we're not heavy cellphone users
but I like to surf the net whereas they don't hence my switching to Net10.

Thanks again for the info and I'll let you know how I like the phone.

JerseyGrl

OK, I ordered the phone, thank you Turk, LOL. I'm not techy so I'm going to have a million questions.
I'll read as many threads as I can on it, but I'm sure I'll still have questions. A few questions I know I'll
have but I don't think there will be threads on it:

Approximately how many pictures will this thing take?

It says it takes video, any idea if it's just a quickie video? or are we talking 5 mins? 10 mins?

The 1 I ordered comes with the 4gb SD card, what's the reason for using the SD card?

Thanks!

kelseyt

Has anyone successfully used a pdf reader on this phone?

I've searched the net for one, and I just keep going in circles.

Would I be better off just reading stuff online through Bolt or OM?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

I have this phone so I'll try to answer your questions and Turk can chime in later when he gets around to this thread.

As for how many pictures will this phone take, my phone says I have 8932 pictures left to take with 3.7 GB left
on my card at the highest resolution (1200 X 1600) and best quality so about 9600 or 9700 for a 4 GB card.
If you use a lower resolution you can get a lot more and it depends what else you load on your card.

As for the video, it is low resolution 176 X 144 pixels, good enough for party videos or shooting a tornado and
sending it to the Weather Channel. There are two settings for the length of time it will record. One is Message
length for sending to other phones, the second is Normal which seems to record until you stop it - or it hits 15
minutes and 25 seconds (I just tested it).

The 4 GB Micro SD card is for additional storage space. The phone only has about 40 something MB total including
User Memory, System Memory, and Reserved Memory (some of which you can't use but the phone does). For MP3s,
games, apps, videos, and pictures the useable amount of memory is not much storage. The 4 GB card gives you a lot
more storage space so you can load it up with your MP3s, games, etc... Everything seems to run the same whether it
is stored on the card or the phone memory.

Hope that answers some of your questions. When you get your phone install another browser like Opera or Bolt
or both of them, the native web browser has problems opening normal and large size web pages (any over 300k
which a lot are).

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* JerseyGrl .... ya, member BobbyLee is correct with his answers above. (thanks BobbyLee!)

* You want the 4GB micro sd card to basically store all you music, pictures, videos, etc., etc...

* That's why this is a great deal - you get a 4gb card, car charger, earphones, and Phone, all for $30. (that's cheap!)(lol)

* I think you'll like this phone, most people do, and if you have anymore questions feel free to just ask .. ;)

* PS: remember however, I don't have this phone, so hopefully others will answer your future questions. (good luck!)

NETurk B-)

JerseyGrl

Thanks Bobby and Turk for the info.

And WOW! that's a lot of pics it'll hold, right now my Samsung T401g hold a little over 200 I think. I'm not that big of
a pic taker so that's definitely more than enough. I wasn't sure if the SD card had something to do with web-surfing
but it's mostly for pics and MP3's it seems. Since the new phone has an FM radio feature I don't think I am going to
download songs to it .... I already have an MP3 player loaded with songs and a tablet where I downloaded some
songs and videos to it, so I think I'm going to just use this as a phone, camera and do some web surfing with it, but
it's nice to have the option if I change my mind.

I also ordered a case for it, and it comes with a USB cable.

JerseyGrl

Can a phone be considered gorgeous? just got this delivered and it's beautiful. Haven't taken it out of the box yet
and most likely won't get to charge it and get everything done for a few days. I had to transfer my Mom's tracfone #
from one tracfone model to another and it was shockingly easy to do online, here's hoping that the Net10 phone
will be just as easy.

As far as mini-opera goes, should I download it directly to the phone? or wait for my USB cord, download it to the
computer then transfer it to the phone? I also read something about Bolt? opinion as to which 1 is better would be
appreciated. Also available apps, I went to getjar but only 2 game apps came up, any other suggestions on sites I
can go to where I get choices of many apps?

Thanks again, and will let you know how I like the phone...
And UGH! at having to add my contacts to this phone, it's so time consuming.

KLM
Member Avatar

If you have all your contacts in a .VCF format, then wait for your USB cord to transfer them over that way. :)

Or, if you have another phone that already has all your contacts and has bluetooth, pair up your phones and
transfer them that way :)

Try Opera and Bolt and see which one you like.
You can have both on the phone and different versions of the same browser on the phone as well.

I don't care for getjar, but, you can always tell getgar you have some other really great and popular dumphone
type phone where there is bound to be tons of games and apps listed.... Does not matter as long as the phone
you tell getjar you have is a 'java mobile' based phone.

You can try and download opera mini using your phone. Go to m.operamini.com

If you get an error out of memory, then that means what ever you are viewing or doing is greater than 300 kilobytes,
which is most of the internet. You'd then have to wait for your cable and transfer a copy of operamini that way.
After that, using an alternative browser will get you around one 300k limit problem.

Welcome to the forums and have a look around when you get time. Other topics like LG 420G here on Turk forums
will have lots of stuff that will also apply to your phone (like browsers, and where to find apps).

JerseyGrl

Thanks KLM for the info.

And my Mom is a senior so I don't think she would know what an app is let alone know what to do with them. LOL

JerseyGrl

OK, got my # transferred from the Samsung to this phone, downloaded a couple of ringtones. I wasn't able to
transfer the # online so I had to call Net10, I got a great representative and it was maybe 5 minutes total and
the # was transferred. I can't play with it more until tonight, but it's so much fun so far.

I got the case and USB cable from Amazon, it's really weird, I ordered the case because I didn't think the case
I was using with my Samsung would fit the phone and I really love my Samsung case, it's just broken in, and
the old case actually fits fine with the new phone, so I'll just keep the new 1 as a spare if I need it. Oh, and the
sound is really great on this phone, I can even hear someone calling me when it's in the case and in my handbag.

I'll post more info later when I figure my way around the phone, just a warning though, it'll totally be a view from
a non-techy person. LOL

JerseyGrl

KLM,

I wanted to ask you, you said I can run both Opera and Bolt, if I do that will it take up a lot of space on the phone?

Also, am I supposed to delete cookies on this phone? oh, and do I have to download Java? or is it already on there?

KLM
Member Avatar

All good questions JerseyGrl

If you have both Operamini and Bolt installed, plus multiple versions installed at the same time, they will not take up
a lot of space. I've had 5 browsers installed on mine. :) Applications like these know that dumb phones do not have
a lot of memory in general.

If you go to Opera mini, they have or used to have say two versions of a version. For example, they have version 4
and version 4 advanced, which took more memory. But their concerns were over really old phones. Your 900G has
so much memory it's no big deal at all. :)

The question of are you supposed to delete cookies on the phone. Do you want to? You don't have to. There is an
option within the browser itself to handle cookies or not take cookies if I recall. If you don't accept a cookie, some
site might not work as you know. Did this help answer your question?

Nope, you do not need to download Java, nor can you, nor will it ever be upgraded or need to be. Java, or
specifically ' Java 2 microedition ' is it's operating system, so it's already on there. It runs apps in a 'sand box'
(protected) type situation so nothing can break it, although you could have a bad app, but it will not damage
the operating system.

KLM

JerseyGrl

Thanks again KLM for the response. For some weird reason I wasn't able to access Twitter from the Net10 browser
but was able to with Opera and Bolt. The 1 thing that's driving me crazy is this, on my Samsung it was easy to switch
from caps to small letters to #'s, I just had to hit the Alt button to switch it, but all I see on this phone is the Sym button,
so I know there has to be an Alt button or something similar somewhere on this phone.

So far I really love this phone, haven't really had an issue pressing the buttons but no way could my husband use
this phone, he has thicker wider fingers and he would have way too many problems doing it. I played around with
the camera/video etc. and that's fine, the biggest difference between the camera/video feature on this phone that
compared to my Samsung is the ease of sending it to either e-mail or facebook, with my Samsung all I had to do
was click on recent recipients and all the info was in there, but with this phone I have to do a little searching to find
the e-mail and facebook address because when I click on Options it takes me to my Contact List, now that I think
about it I wonder if I should just add my e-mail address to maybe my husbands name, and maybe there's a way to
add my facebook link there too. Either way I still love the phone.

Oh, and is there a way to put all my favorite bookmarks into 1 folder? or somewhere on the screen? or do I just
have to book mark them under the different browsers?

And any suggestions on cool apps to add? I think someone mentioned the weather channel app? how do I do that?

Thanks again guys for all your help.

JerseyGrl

Figured a few things out, to make a capital letter you click the arrow up button on the bottom next to the little envelope.

I finally figured out how to do the Facebook pic upload, I added Facebook to my contacts along with the link to my
account and now the photos are going through.

KLM
Member Avatar

Good job on your latest discoveries there! Keep at it. ;)

On can you put all your (web) bookmarks in one spot for access or do you have to have bookmarks under
different browsers - Each browser will need it's own collection of book marks, unlike a smart phone.

Java mobile is in such a way where 'resources' like bookmarks are not shared across multiple applications
if you know what I mean.

Mmmm... I don't have a cool app list for java based. But 2 web sites that have java stuff are:

http://handheld.softpedia.com - Huge collection. (at current web page design) At the top hit the 'Handheld' tab.
Then in the menu on the left Look under games, internet utilities, or another category. Once you are in the desired
category look up towards the top right hand of the page for 'Normal', 'Freeware', and 'Shareware'. I'd hit the freeware
first!. Now that you have done all that, and say you find a game you like, you need to read the details for compatibility,
specifically where it says Platform: Java, and ignore the ones for iPhone, Blackberry, etc.

http://mobile360.org - Huge collection. Lots of them are for smarter phones (not yours). And some games that
look really good, end up having to pay for after you have installed it (wants to phone home and burn minutes).
Again, look for java based applications, avoid the rest.

Navigation on these sites may have changed since, so study them closely. Be sure to stick with java as mentioned.

The only list of apps I kept for java is some really dated stuff, that is okay for small screen phones, and not much to
get excited about. Have a look here if interested anyway. :) (It's a long post. Link to list at end of post.)
If anything the post will tell you how to search for java mobile stuff, so that could be of help.

I have not run across a weather app. It has to be in java of course and well, I don't see any modern web sites
offering a great app for 'Android' 'iPhone' 'Oh and....Java'. :D

Have fun with the 900!

KLM - Eternal tech support
"I spend more time tech-supporting Tracfones than actually using them!"
Posted Image

JerseyGrl

Thanks for the continued help KLM, it's appreciated.
I think I'm going to re-download Mini-Opera with the signed certificate because that pop up message is driving me nuts.

I absolutely love this phone, our family have been Tracfone users for years and now I have Net10, and for the 1st
time ever people are going nuts over my phone, everyone thinks it's a Blackberry and they're shocked when they
find out it isn't, and they love the prices of the Net10 programs. My Husband is not a big cell phone user and is very
happy with his old flip phone, but when his minutes run out on his Tracfone I think he's going to switch to Net10 and
take my old Samsung 401g, he likes the feel of it and it really is a great phone. When he decides to switch, I'll just
call Net10 and ask them to send me a new SIM card.

From a totally non-techy POV this phone is great, and I think I made a great choice choosing this as opposed to
choosing the LG 800g, there are some similarities in reference to the buttons between the LG 900g and my old
Samsung, so maneuvering around the phone hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Also the sound is
awesome, I'm amazed that I can actually hear it ring in my handbag.

KLM
Member Avatar

Your welcome to the help and thanks for posting/asking here as surely others will stop by and wonder the same things. :)

I edited my post 244, on the softpedia web site blurb. I added notes on how to find the right spot for mobile games
and apps on that site, as I found it to be a bit tricky at first.

Yep the java permission pop up drives everyone bonkers. :)

I'm pretty much with hubby. Don't talk a lot and like flip phones, and yet I have a variety in my tiny collection.

That was noteworthy of you to say you can hear the 900 in your handbag. folks wonder about that stuff.

Tip: Don't put it in a phone case that presses up against the speaker tightly, or the sound will attenuate greatly.
That could be said with all phones really. I had to cut a small slit in one of my (belt type) carry cases for that reason. :)

JerseyGrl

KLM or anyone, I've looked everywhere for the signed version of mini-opera and can't find it, I need to do it through
my phone, what am I supposed to look for to get the signed version?

Thanks!

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

I’d suggest removing the memory card first so you’re less likely to get any error messages and after you install it to
the phone you can move it to your external card if you want. For some reason my LG 900G allows me to download
jar files with the card in but gives me error messages if I try to install those files with the card in. I have to resort to in-
stalling them to the phone while the card is removed and then moving those programs/games/apps to the card later.

Here are the magic steps to follow:
Menu>Browser>Enter Address (then type m.opera.com after the http://) and then hit the OK button. That takes you
to a page that offers to install Opera 4.3 (Don’t choose that one), choose the “Other download options” and hit the
OK button. On the page it brings up go down the page until you see “Options for Opera Mini 6:” -- (or “Options for
Opera 4.3:” depending which version you want) and select the link under it that says “Select Code-Signing Certificate”.

On the page it brings up next you can choose one of those links to get a signed version. Your choices are All
certificates, No certificates, Thwarte certificate, or Verisign certificate. I use Opera 6 and the All certificates version,
the only pop-ups I get are warnings I’m about to use airtime costing me minutes which is fine. After you choose a
certificate option it brings up the next page that allows you to download that version (6 or 4.3) with the signed certificates.

Select to download it and hit the OK button. After it finishes downloading go to the other files folder and run the
jar file to install it. After you install it you can Move it to your external memory card if you want. Hope that helps!

JerseyGrl

Bobby, here's a cyber hug (((((Bobby))))) ... Thank you so much! it worked!

The only question I have, is above the OK button there's a number, it's always different, the current number
is 23:28, what does that mean?

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

I never paid attention to the number but now that you pointed it out, it shows my local time in a 2400 time format.

Are you sure it wasn't 22:28 when you saw it, which would have been 10:28 PM your time?

Check it again and see if it shows your local time (with an additional 12 hours in the PM).

JerseyGrl

BobbyLee
June 14, 2011, 10:48 pm
JerseyGrl,
I never paid attention to the number but now that you pointed it out, it shows my local time in a 2400 time format.
Are you sure it wasn't 22:28 when you saw it which would have been 10:28 PM your time?
Check it again and see if it shows your local time (with +12 hours in the PM).
Maybe I read it wrong and that's what is was.

Oh and I'm trying to add my favorites to the quick start menu and I can only add 2, unless there's a way to
edit the ones opera has listed?

Thanks so much again, this is so much better with the signed certificate.

You guys are the best!

JerseyGrl

Bobby, those numbers mean the time. LOL

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

Yes, their favorites seem to be limited in number. If you delete some of their favorites you can then add your own in
place of what they had. The other option is to just make your favorites as normal bookmarks (not as convenient).

JerseyGrl

BobbyLee
June 14, 2011, 11:00 pm
JerseyGrl,
Yes, their favorites seem to be limited in number. If you delete some of their favorites you can then add your own in
place of what they had. The other option is to just make your favorites as normal bookmarks (not as convenient).
I'm trying to figure out how to delete them but there doesn't seem to be an option.

It's OK though, I just have to remember how to find my Bookmarks. I love this phone!

Thanks so much again.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

I know you said it was OK but if I don't tell you how to clear/edit those you may never figure it out, it took me a
long time to find out how... You highlight the favorite you want to delete/change and then PRESS AND HOLD
the OK key until a little box opens which says Clear and Edit. Select Clear and the box changes to a blank box
that you can make a favorite of your choice or just select Edit and type in a new web address. I actually had to
refer to the browser instructions to find that little tidbit.

JerseyGrl

BobbyLee
June 14, 2011, 11:29 pm
JerseyGrl,
I know you said it was OK but if I don't tell you how to clear/edit those you may never figure it out, it took me a
long time to find out how... You highlight the favorite you want to delete/change and then PRESS AND HOLD
the OK key until a little box opens which says Clear and Edit. Select Clear and the box changes to a blank box
that you can make a favorite of your choice or just select Edit and type in a new web address. I actually had to
refer to the browser instructions to find that little tidbit.
OMG! Thank You so much again! you've been unbelievably helpful.

Just a curiosity question, not sure if I can even do this, but when I switched from Tracfone to Net10 last year I had
to get a new # because I had a ton of minutes on my Tracfone and didn't want to lose them so I gave the phone to
my Mother, the new # Net10 gave me must've belonged to someone who ran out on bill collectors, so I was getting
a lot of calls, I called them back and that seemed to of stopped, and UGH I got 1 porn video sent to my phone, I sent
a text back to that company and told them I was under 18 (I'm not) and they shouldn't be sending me that, so I haven't
gotten another 1 of those, but I do still get phone calls for the guy who had this # previously, if I get 1 of these calls is
there anyway to block that number from calling me again? I hate wasting the minutes answering these calls and texts.

Thanks again for your help.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

Another note about Opera, bookmark this on your computer in case you need help in the future.
It's good reference until you learn it all: http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/guide/

One Option: You could save the numbers as a contacts and give them a silent ringtone so it won't ring when they call.
Do a voice recording of 15 seconds of silence, save it, and then assign it to those numbers you don't want to ring.

Second Option: If it is the same few numbers all the time you could save them first as contacts and then into a
group and then use call barring to block that entire group of numbers... That will divert the calls in that group
directly to voicemail without ringing the phone at all. I do that with all the debt collectors that are after the last
owner of my number. I just have fun with his friends when they call. Hope that helps.

Added note: When I save these idiots as contacts I usually call them .Reject1, .Reject2, so they are on the bottom of
my contacts list and I put them in a group called .Rejects so that group is the last on my list of groups. Then I just call
barr the .Reject group.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE: All references to "Call Barring" should have read "Call Reject" -
(Menu>Recent Calls>Settings>Call Reject), sorry everybody!

JerseyGrl

BobbyLee
June 14, 2011, 11:53 pm
JerseyGrl,
Another note about Opera, bookmark this on your computer in case you need help in the future.
It's good reference until you learn it all: http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/guide/

One Option: You could save the numbers as a contacts and give them a silent ringtone so it won't ring when they call.
Do a voice recording of 15 seconds of silence, save it, and then assign it to those numbers you don't want to ring.

Second Option: If it is the same few numbers all the time you could save them first as contacts and then into a
group and then use call barring to block that entire group of numbers... That will divert the calls in that group
directly to voicemail without ringing the phone at all. I do that with all the debt collectors that are after the last
owner of my number. I just have fun with his friends when they call. Hope that helps.

Added note: When I save these idiots as contacts I usually call them .Reject1, .Reject2, so they are on the bottom of
my contacts list and I put them in a group called .Rejects so that group is the last on my list of groups. Then I just call
barr the .Reject group.
Those are great suggestions. The calls have gotten less and less, but I still get them.

Thanks so much again, and thanks Turk for this forum, I'm so glad I found it.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

Sorry, big whoops, I used the wrong term, it comes under Call Reject not Call Barring.

To reject a Group you go Menu>Recent Calls>Settings>Call Reject and specify the Group you want to reject there.

No reply needed.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

I found a bunch of skins for the LG 900g just in case somebody wants to customize their phones.

The Phone is Listed under LG Gossip but they are still the same phone at:

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.view/LG-Gossip-Skins

JerseyGrl

cutiegirl89
June 17, 2011, 11:08 pm
I found a bunch of skins for the LG 900g just in case somebody wants to customize their phones.

Very nice! ..... I have a case for it for my handbag but I also bought a silicone gel cover on ebay and I love it...

I had a screen cover for my kindle and fit it to size and used it on the screen but as usual I can't set it right and
had some bubbles, so I ended up removing it. Here's hoping the screen doesn't get scratched.

JerseyGrl

Another question, just curious, when I'm using mini-opera I use the arrow down button to scroll down the page,
is there another button you can use to scroll down the page faster?... if not it's OK, like I said I'm just curious.

And UGH! if I keep this up using the phone like I am I'm going to have to go on 1 of the Net10 monthly programs. LOL

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

Opera Mini calls it Power Scrolling ... Scroll at warp speed using your phone's keypad.
Hit 2 to go up, 8 to go down, and if you are on a normal full size web page (not a mobile web site page) you can
use 4 to go left, 6 to go right, and 5 to zoom in and out. It all works on the LG 900G, I use them all the time.

Hope that helps.
Additional info added later:

Here is a list of the other shortcuts that can be found by going into Opera then Menu>Help>Shortcuts
*1 = Speed Dial 1 (These Speed Dials 1-9 are whatever you have them set as, the buttons on the opening screen)
*2 = Speed Dial 2
*3 = Speed Dial 3
*4 = Speed Dial 4
*5= Speed Dial 5
*6 = Speed Dial 6
*7 = Speed Dial 7
*8 = Speed Dial 8
*9 = Speed Dial 9
*0 = Mobile view
*# = Landscape view
** = Full screen (this toggles between Full screen and normal screen)
*↑ = Create new tab
* ↓ = Close Tab
* ← = Cycle tab left
*→ = Cycle Tab right
#1 = Enter address
#2 = search
#3 = Find in page
#4 = Start page
#5 = Bookmarks
#6 = History
#7 = Downloads
#8 = settings
#9 = Saved Pages
#0 = Reload
## = Forward

JerseyGrl

As usual Bobby, Thank You so much for the information.

I had a feeling that there might be an easier way to scroll but I tend to be button shy for fear of messing something up.

And again, I so love this phone!

JerseyGrl

I'm sorry, I have another question.

I took a video today, the video is over 3 minutes long, I tried to send it to my e-mail and it says
Message Capacity is Exceeded, so I googled and someone said to do this:

1. From the home screen press Menu then select Settings.

2. Choose Memory manager and select External memory.

3. Press Format and enter the password, which is set to 0000 as default.
...Your memory card will be formatted and ready to use.

So I did it and nothing happened. I'm actually worried about my phone now since I did it, is it OK that
I did that?... and if not, should and how do I undo it?

Also, I plugged in the USB and this is what happens:

USB Connection comes up in the main screen and underneath it it says:

1 Mass Storage
2 Data Service

Then something comes up on my computer that says looking for new hardware, and that's it.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next.

Apologies again for so many questions but technical things aren't my strong point.

JerseyGrl

Bobby, I just noticed that you said this in a post:

If you plan to send a video message via message make sure the Video setting for Duration is set to Message and
not Normal, that way it limits your video to however many seconds it can record so the file size is acceptable...
Hope that helps, if not repost.

So I guess I'm pretty much going to be stuck with only doing short videos?
I tried what you suggested and I think the video was only like 13 seconds.

JerseyGrl

Bobby, I think I figured it out LOL, I did it somehow, not sure if my way is the right way though, but this is what I did:

Click Mass Storage when you plug the USB cord in

Go to My Computer

Removable Disk G

Click Videos

Send to Desktop

Right Click

Spare Backup

Backup files to C

Open My Computer

Click on Local Disk C

Click on My Archives

One Time Backup

Files

G

Videos

For some reason it's saved on My Computer now.
I'm just not sure if I should've done this step on my phone and if I should undo it:

1. From the home screen press Menu then select Settings.

2. Choose Memory manager and select External memory.

3. Press Format and enter the password, which is set to 0000 as default.
...Your memory card will be formatted and ready to use.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

I think the limit on the total size of an AT&T MMS message is around 300K from what I have read several other
places and a 13 second video puts you close to that limit... Sorry, I haven't found a way around that limitation.

As for your first post, did you actually reformat your card and erase everything on it?
I hope you didn't have much (apps, music, etc..) stored on the external card cause they are
gone if you did reformat it. There is no undoing it, you just have to recreate it from ground zero.

As for plugging the cable in and it giving you the choices 1) Mass Storage or 2) Data Service
you want to select Mass Storage so you can access and transfer files on and off of the card.

Kudos for finding the previous post you quoted, shows effort. Hope some of this helped.

JerseyGrl

BobbyLee
June 22, 2011, 9:42 pm
JerseyGrl,

I think the limit on the total size of an AT&T MMS message is around 300K from what I have read several other
places and a 13 second video puts you close to that limit... Sorry, I haven't found a way around that limitation.

As for your first post, did you actually reformat your card and erase everything on it?
I hope you didn't have much (apps, music, etc..) stored on the external card cause they are
gone if you did reformat it. There is no undoing it, you just have to recreate it from ground zero.

As for plugging the cable in and it giving you the choices 1) Mass Storage or 2) Data Service
you want to select Mass Storage so you can access and transfer files on and off of the card.

Kudos for finding the previous post you quoted, shows effort. Hope some of this helped.
Not sure if mini-opera or bolt are considered apps but that's the only thing I think I downloaded and just checked the
phone now and they're still there WHEW! - I don't remember anything coming up asking if I wanted to erase anything
so I think that's why those things are still there, and I just checked a couple of songs I downloaded for my ringtones
and they're still there.

As for the video part, at least I have the option of doing a quick 14 second video and sending it to my e-mail, and now
being able to do a longer video and at least knowing how to transfer it via the USB... A few people have said I should
get Bluetooth but I really don't think I need it because I'm not going to take tons of pics and videos, and I really don't
want to transfer any music to this because I really like my MP3 Player.

Thanks again for your help.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

If you did exactly what you said you did in the earlier post you did reformat your card. I'm guessing you
probably installed Bolt and Opera to your phone's memory and they never got stored or moved to your
external card, therefore they weren't on the card to get deleted. Not a problem just an observation.

If that's all you have on your phone and you don't plan to add much more then the phone's internal memory
should suit you fine, leave them where they are. Glad you're satisfied with the video situation, that's as good
as we're gonna get with this phone.

charlieo

I've been using my LG 900g for a couple of months now, and I find more to like about it all the time. Thanks for all
the info in this forum, it's great... I ordered an MP3 to cassette adapter to play music from the phone in my Classic
Benz Coupe... found it on Amazon $8.99 delivered... The sound is absolutely awesome!

The problem is, when I unattach it from the headphone jack, the phone keeps the headphone symbol on and will
not go back to normal phone use...
I have been able to get it back by repeatedly hooking and unhooking, but it is
frustrating... Any thoughts on why this is happening?... How can I prevent this?

Oh, and by the way, I'm able to use the phone using the car speakers and it works well, and, here's the sweet info:
I found a site called mp3caprice where you can legally download songs for 12 cents each, with no worries about
virus or other problems ..... This phone is making my life better all the time. :)

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

charlieo,

I can't think of any settings on the phone that would cause the problem you're encountering ... The sensor/switch that
detects when headphones are inserted in the headphone port might be sticking. Personally I'd try to blowout the port
with a can of compressed air to dislodge anything that might have gotten in the port and see if that makes a difference.

JerseyGrl

Glad to see charlieo that I'm not the only 1 who totally loves this phone.

I was debating between this phone, the 800, or the Motorola, and I made such a good choice with this phone.

I know a few people who have Blackberry's and they can't believe how similar the phones are.

ptwoodie
Member Avatar

I have had my LG 900G for about 10 days and this forum as been a great help to me in getting it to do all the things I
thought it could do! I am grateful for all you who have posted with your good help. My problem is that I cannot access
the option to format the external memory card, it is grayed out... I have tried reinserting the card but nothing changes
when I do that.

It is the free 4GB sd card that came with the phone when I purchased it. I read through all of the other posts regarding
formating, but this issue has not been addressed, as far as I can see. If you can shed some light, I would appreciate it.
I am wondering if the card is possibly defective, too? ...... Thanks so much! :D

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

ptwoodie,

Are you sure the card has been pushed in all the way until it CLICKS IN THERE? Just asking because a lot of
people don't seem to realize that it needs to be pushed in fairly far to get it to click in there and make contact.
Give it a shot with something pointy like your fingernail and push it far until it clicks in there locking it in place.

If you can remove the card by just pulling it out then it wasn't clicked/locked in there to begin with.
If it was properly clicked/locked in you would have to click it again to unlock it and get it out.
Hope that helps, if not post again.

ptwoodie
Member Avatar

BobbyLee,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I did make sure the card was fully inserted and heard it click in. I tried it several times.
One of those times, it actually lit up the External Memory option, so I thought I had solved the problem ... not so.

When I tried to select it, it went back to the unavailable, grayed out, stage. I tried it several times with the same results.
I contacted Net10 with the problem, asking if they would replace the defective card? They said it was not replaceable.
I guess I will try another card and see if it is a card problem or a phone problem.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

ptwoodie,

Do you have any other phone you could insert the card and try to format it? There was one person who had the same
problem you're describing until they put it into a LG401G and formatted the card in that phone. Then they were able to
insert it to the LG900G and format it for some reason. If that doesn't work I would try to format it on a PC if you have the
right card readers to do that. If none of that works I would shoot for replacing the card... Good luck!

JerseyGrl

Bobby,

I just want to double check something... I know I asked you this before, but should I clean out my browsing history
every once in awhile?... and did I ask you if I have to clean out cookies?

Thanks!

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

No, you didn't ask me those questions. That's a personal preference, you don't have to but I do because I like to start
web surfing fresh every time... If you clean the cookies out some sites that know who you are won't the next time you
go to their site.

On this phone I don't see any separate option to delete passwords so if you delete your cookies you'll probably lose
any passwords you wanted to keep stored in it... I always delete my history just so no one could tell where I've been,
it takes up memory, and I don't want the browsing history being used against me in court. :$

JerseyGrl

Thanks Bobby,

Now how do I clean out my browsing history every once in a while? I've been to settings and applications
and can't find anything, I was able to clean out the Tracfone browser but I can't find it for Opera Mini.

Also a crazy question here, you're so patient. LOL .... I got a lot of calls from debt collectors for the person who
previously had this number, that seems to be resolved for now, but I'm getting calls from 603-214-9006, it turns
out they're a debt consolidation company, every time I get a call from them I hit I think 2 on the recording telling
them not to call me anymore. I still get calls for them.

Here's the real problem though, we were up at a lake today, I wanted to send a bunch of pics to my Facebook,
so I take the pics, get to my contact list and the 603 # is listed there, because of a slip of the finger I sent the debt
consolidation company a bunch of pics of the lake and sailboats. I resent them to Facebook and I figured I would
erase the number in my contacts, the weird thing though is this, I can't find the # in my contacts at all... so I went
back and took another pic, and lo and behold the # is in my contacts list, but it only seems to be there when I try
to send a media file, it's nowhere at all in my contacts list when I just browse it ... I've looked everywhere on the
phone and can't figure out where this # is stored... Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your help.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

JerseyGrl,

To clear the browsing history for Opera you have to run Opera, from the Opera main screen select Menu on lower left,
hit the down button twice (that goes into the Opera menu), push the down button until you're highlighting Settings and
hit the OK button. Now push the down button until you're highlighting Privacy and hit OK ... Now you should be on the
Privacy options page where you can clear cookies, clear history, or clear passwords ... You should be able to figure it
out from here, if not repost.

Personally, I would never hit any response to an automated system, it tells them it’s an active line and they assume
you’re the deadbeat they’re looking for, so they keep calling. They’re probably calling from a landline so they won’t
get the pics you sent if you’re concerned. Why didn’t you add this number to the reject list? I told you how you could
reject calls so they don’t bother you, second option in post #257.

As for the contact numbers that shows up on the MMS contact list, I’ve heard about that issue before, no fix was found.
It seems like the phone has some area we can’t access where it can keep that information and it doesn't appear on the
normal contact list. Although, if you create a contact and add it to the reject group, using the same number that shows
up in the MMS contact list, maybe it will replace it with a contact you can actually delete... Give it a shot.

Edit: I tried it, didn't work for me. If you create a contact with that number then the contact's name shows up in
the MMS contact list... If you then delete the contact it goes back to showing the number in the MMS contacts.

Side thought, maybe it's pulling it out of the call logs. Go Menu>Recent Calls>Call Logs>All Calls, hit Options then go
down the list to Delete All and hit OK. See if that makes it disappear from the MMS contact list... Please let me know if
this works for the next time I run into it.

Edit: This didn't work for me either... A glitch we'll have to put up with I guess.

Until we figure out a fix, here is a simple solution, before you send an MMS message make sure you're sending
them to the right contact. :D ... Sorry, I got nothing better.

JerseyGrl

Thanks Bobby for the info... I was able to clean out my cookies and browsing history in mini opera. I cleared out my
contact list and re-entered everything, took a pic and that debt consolidation company is still listed for some reason
in the send area when you try to send a pic... Looks like I'm stuck with it, just have to make sure my fingers don't slip
when sending pics... I never send anything risque LOL, but I do lose minutes when I press it in error.

ptwoodie
Member Avatar

cutiegirl89
June 17, 2011, 11:08 pm

Thanks for posting this! I went there and picked out a favorite skin and had it on the phone in no time. It is awesome! :D

ptwoodie
Member Avatar

BobbyLee
July 10, 2011, 8:37 pm
ptwoodie,
Do you have any other phone you could insert the card and try to format it? There was one person who had the same
problem you're describing until they put it into a LG401G and formatted the card in that phone. Then they were able to
insert it to the LG900G and format it for some reason. If that doesn't work I would try to format it on a PC if you have the
right card readers to do that. If none of that works I would shoot for replacing the card... Good luck!
BobbyLee,
Thanks for the suggestions regarding trying to format the SD card in another reader... I purchased a SanDisk 4GB
class 4 micro SDHC that came with an adapter and the phone read the new card right away. I used the adapter to
insert the original card into my laptop and it read it OK, so, I went ahead and formatted it on the computer and then
inserted it into the phone and it worked like a charm! Since the new micro card came with an adapter, I didn't need
to have an additional card reader to accomplish my goal.
Now I am able to copy my music and photos from the computer to the phone. :wub: .. I am loving my new phone!
This forum has been invaluable to me... Thanks so much!

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

ptwoodie,

Glad you got the first card formatted. I hope you can use two cards, I was hoping you would have
been able to format the first without investing in a second card... Anyway, glad you got it working.

Now, remember this tip, if you add apps to your phone like Opera or Bolt and it gives you a failure notice,
remove the card and try to install the apps again. Under some circumstances having a memory card in
the slot keeps some apps from installing. It might only be when the phone is set to store everything on the
card by but I haven't verified that yet.

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

I really love this phone... I just got it a week ago, never owned a cell phone before but I have to say Im pretty
happy with my choice. Anywhoos, I joined here because this place seems WAY more helpful then the Net10
forums *rolls eyes*... Perhaps you lovely members could help me out? ((If this isn't the right forum for posting
this then I apologize in advance))

The only think keeping me from being completely thrilled about this phone are two minor problems, one the
camera only takes photos in lime green and even though I have messed with all the settings I still cannot get
the images to come out normal. :(
Also, I have a message notification icon on my home screen that wont go away even though it says there are
no texts in my inbox...

I'm sure I'm going to feel like an idiot for not figuring out how to fix it, but I have done all I can think to do...

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

zombiesushi,

For the camera issue, check your White Balance on you phone and make sure it isn't set on incandescent.
Generally it should be on Auto for an everyday setting.
Go Menu>Multimedia>Camera>Settings>White Balance and make sure it is set on Auto.

As for the text message icon, I've had that happen. Sometimes it seems like the phone and the network don't
communicate well, the network thinks you have a message but the phone knows you already deleted it.

Send yourself a text or have someone else send you one, delete it without reading it and see if that makes the
icon disappear... That's how I clear mine when it happens to my LG 900G.

Hope that helps... If one or both of these suggestions don't work, post again.

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

Camera isn't set to incandescent, Ive already tried messing with every setting in the camera modes menu...
nothing makes the camera take normal pics, some make the image clearer, or in sharper, but still green. :(

Posted Image

This is the wall behind my bed, great quality picture if I could get the camera to not take them in lime green. LOL

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

zombiesushi,

Wow, that's really green. I copied your picture and put it in Photoshop to check it out and there is no Red or Blue
channel data, just Green... I'm guessing there is a problem with the chip or the chip's connection that prevents it
from getting the Red and Blue data.

If I were you I would exchange it for another one. Your pictures should not look like that. I have the LG 900G and
I cannot change the settings enough to get my pictures to look like that. If anyone else knows of any other reason
this might be happening please chime in.

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

So I take it this can't be fixed by me threatening it with a blow torch?

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* zombiesushi ... hi ... here is my two cents worth on your situation ... and believe me, it's only worth two cents. (lol)

> Did you happen to drop your phone, or maybe sit on it by accident, or maybe it being your pocket got it messed up?

> Did you see if there is a camera plastic protector on the lens when you got it, and maybe forgot to take it off?

* Anyway, I agree with BobbyLee ... I think your camera/lens is messed up unfortunately.. :-/

* If you got it in a store, maybe you can take it back and get a new one, if you got in on Net10.com, you need to call them.

* Good luck to you ...... see, I told you my information was only worth two cents .. ;)

* Ps: .. by the way, who is that guy on the wall in your picture ... just curious.

Two Cents Turk B-)

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

No dropping it, lens protector isn't on... I guess I will see about exchanging it.

The guy on my wall is Kurt Cobain from Nirvana :)
and next to him is my skeleton Sally (haven't gotten around to making her a dress yet).

KLM
Member Avatar

On the notification icon, I have seen them stuck before as well. A long shot, make sure you do not have any pending
outgoing messages (that maybe got suck in draft) if you can... Flush out any 'boxes' it may have. (drafts, sent, etc.)
I have this model but never activated so I'm guessing on the 900, but know I was able to do the above on the LG 420
and cure it.

On the green channel only camera. I'd return it. Before you do, take note of your minutes and service time as well.
You'll want them transferred to a new phone.

(unrelated) As a side note, if one were to tear it apart and unplug the camera module, then activate the camera mode
guess what, You see a solid green scree. You might just have a bum connection to the camera module, but of course
don't take it apart if you just got it, take it back!

I love LG's quality control, and choice of beta testers (us). That's right I love you guys/gals for finding all these flaws. :D

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

I am going to exchange it at the store, I don't want to hassle with Net10 customer service (not sure how to transfer
my minutes if I don't have both phones available to me) so I'm going to wait till my minutes are all up... I've got the
extended warranty, I'm just hoping they will still be in stock... Thank you for all of the help!

Now if I can just find an ebook reader I will be one happy camper!... Anybody know of any?... I can do without a
camera but I am constantly reading and can't do without a reader. I can convert any books to a JAR file and run
them as an app but I really need something easier to navigate! Tried mobipocket (what I use on my desktop) for
java based phones but no matter where I put my books it can't seem to find them even though the app. will load
up properly.

Dartmany2k

I Just joined the forum have been following it 4 a while, has helped greatly! My LG 900G runs on the 750/Mo. Plan.

I am on my third card and a strange thing has happend! - I reached the 16 days left and 400 min. mark and I am no
longer being charged minutes when acessing the web with Opera Mini been on web all day without minutes being
deducted... Tried the native browser and it deducts minutes still.

Has anyone else had this good fortune? Is it possible it will continue when adding new card? I won't dare power the
phone off while this is ongoing. I have been going on and off web all day! If anyone has had same experience or an
explanation, I would love to hear it. ..... Thank you!

zombiesushi
Member Avatar

Awesome luck! I haven't had this happen but I hope it does! That would be sweet. I don't know what I did to it but it
seems my camera works now if I press down just so on a spot near the lens, I figure there is something not making
a proper contact and pressing softly on a certain spot seems to fix that. It kind of reminds me of adjusting the V-hold
on my old tv because the color flickers to a hot pink/purplish shade, then the picture rolls as it comes in normally...
Now that if got that figured out I can say it takes beautiful pictures in excellent quality!

I love this phone and I couldn't have picked a better one for my first, sadly, I still think I am going to exchange the phone
when I can, although I have grown rather attached already, I just hope that I am able to get all of my information etc off of
it and keep my number.

The problem is definitely a manufacturers defect and not something I did to it because it was faulty right out of the box.
Just my luck I get the wonky one... I should never have named it HAL!

Dartmany2k

Alas all good things! .. Free web lasted 2 days. After downloading Google via Opera mini it began deducting again!

Your Camera definitely sounds like circuit or connection issue... New one is best bet it could get worse!

You could name it HAL II.

bjs3835

I just got the LG 900G and am trying to figure out all the ins and outs of it as the services guide is not much help.

When I receive a call and that person is listed in my contacts, only their phone number shows up?
Is there something I need to do to get their name to show along with their number?

Frustrating when I'm not sure who is calling me. I had the LG GW 300 and the same thing happened on that one,
so I am figuring I am not doing something right.

BobbyLee
Member Avatar

bjs3835,
Here is the response I posted to your same question over on HoFo:

bjs3835,
I have the LG900G (with the ATT SIM) and it does show the name of the caller if the
name and complete number are in your contacts directory. Did you store the entire
10-digit phone number for those contacts or did you shorten it to 7-digits?
When someone calls you and the name doesn't show, and you have them in your
contacts directory, is the number showing on the CID the exact same number you
have for them in the contacts list?

If it happens again you can find the number in your call log, highlight it, hit Options,
select Save Number, and then create a new contact record for that person then
delete the old one. After that the new record should recognize the number and display
the callers name. Hope that helps, if not post again.

bjs3835

Thank you for your response. I did put the 10 digits in for most of my contacts. I will try your suggestion.
I went back to the last person who called me, did the options and save number thing... and it worked!!!

Thank you, now I'll just do that whenever someone calls... That was a big help.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.