Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 7 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up here -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have total access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(Net10) LG 900g Phone Topic
Topic Started: October 14, 2010, 7:53 pm (48,978 Views)
curstpriest

Be weary of buying class 10 cards, quality class 10 cards easily cost 5-10x the cost of standard class 2 cards.
Cheap class 10 cards will likely function at class 2-4 speeds, or not at all (wintec, adata, ridata - these are all crap).
Stick with transcend, kingsten, or patriot.
There are also some high quality card mfs that specialize in the camera feild like RAW (hoodman).

If your phone is turning off/locking up...
Does it have a SD card in it? If so take it out, and see if it still locks up. Take out battery/reinsert.
You can also do factory reset with the test menu, enter this on the home screen: 1809#*900#
It should bring you directly to a test menu, chose reset factory defaults.

But if it is randomly restarting still, and your radio and stuff isn't working it probably has a bad logic board
and you need to replace the phone. Should be under warranty or something depending upon where you
bought it. I think net10 has a 30 or 60 day trial/replacement policy as well if you ordered directly from them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KLM
Member Avatar

@ awweeks - Oh man on the phone going bonkers!
This is the first case I have heard of with this unit, and hope it is not a trend!

I reviewed your posts and see you just purchased the phone. So, I will assume you have not had time to install
any applications, etc. that may be making your phone ill. And yeah as suggested, pull the SD card and leave it
out if you installed one, although I did read you did not get any accessories.

You did not happen to set any audible event alarms (alarm clock, calendar) of any type did you? That was a
glitch of the LG 420 that came out not too long ago, and people were having their phones die and trouble
powering on. Hopefully LG did not copy and paste the firmware to the 900!

With it turning off and locking up, could be the hardware of firmware.

Did you buy it locally? Maybe you could make an exchange. But that would mean you'd lose your number.
Well ... I'm remembering what company you are dealing with here ... Sorry, I had a lapse....

If this was my phone doing this, I would pull the battery and leave it out for 24 hours.
Also, you could remove and reinsert the SIM card just for kicks before powering it back up.

If it fails to work as you it should, I would not call regular customer service unless you have lots
of time and lots of hair before they came to the conclusion you need a new phone.

Instead call corporate at: 1800 876 5753 They tend to get things done.

Be sure to tell them you pulled the battery for 24 hours and reseated the SIM card.

I must say it seems like this company does not really mind if they have to quickly ship you a new
phone once they made the determination that is the solution.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, and again I hope it is not a trend.

KLM - Eternal tech support
"I spend more time tech-supporting Tracfones than actually using them!"
Posted Image

spanieldoggy

I recently went to one of my local Radio Shacks and I saw this phone being sold for $30!!!
On the Net10 website the cheapest you can get it is $60!

Also, the phone was being sold as a Net10 handset, but the fake display phone was "mislabeled" Tracfone.
Could this phone actually come to Tracfone?

Is Net10 trying to make room for the touch-screen phones that are rumored to be released in the near future? ^o)

Turk Edit:
This phone is at some Walmarts for $30 and comes with a Free Accessory Kit + 4 GB sd card.

CrazyOldMan14

CrazyOldMan14
February 9, 2011, 9:43 am
My Plantronics Explorer 220 bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with
the LG 900G phone for no apparent reason? ...... Has anyone else had trouble with this?
I have tried two different headsets (Plantronics Explorer 220 and Motorola H270) and they
both keep disconnecting from my LG 900G phone every few minutes and reconnecting.

Has anyone else had this problem?

KLM
Member Avatar

Re: BT headset disconnect / reconnect

Hi CrazyOldMan14 and welcome to the Turk forums.

I saw your posts on another forum regarding this problem, no one had responses, and at preset
I have ceased posting over there for a spell. It's for the best.

I have not seen anyone make comments one war or the other about using a BT headset with the LG900G.

However, I do have a LG900G, (never activated), and a BT earpiece (LG HBM-210).
With these two items perhaps I can help, confirm, etc. I dunno how far I can get with and unactivated set.
I will have to ask questions....

* In another post you mentioned you had it paired with your PC, but did not mention if it
disconnects and reconnects while paired with the PC.

*When the head set disconnects and reconnects...
Does it do this while the phone is in stand by? (Not having a phone call at the time.)

*Are you pressing any keys while it is disconnecting or phone just sitting there?
Trying to use the FM radio while BT headset is on?

*How far is the phone from the headset when it disconnects.
Sorry about the simple questions but I have to start some where?

*Do you have any applications stored (not running) in the switch task area while it is disconnecting?

*Are you using any applications at the time it disconnects?

*Are there any other 'transmitters' near by? (More wireless stuff, High power transmitters).
In another post you said it happens in public, so that probably rules this one out.

*Does it disconnect at regular intervals? (like every 10 minutes?)

With any info you can provide, I will try and duplicate it here and see what happens.

"How I figured out my phone out was- I read the manual. When that didn't work I just started pressing buttons! If that didn't not work, I sought out every post I could find on the phone first before asking questions."
Posted Image

CrazyOldMan14

Thanks for replying. Here are my answers:
It is paired with my PC. I haven't noticed it disconnecting from it. I mostly use a USB connection to transfer data.

Yes, it disconnects and reconnects while in stand by mode. Sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes.
I haven't had any calls of any length to see if they also disconnect.

No, the phone and headset are just sitting there 2 or 3 inches apart.
No keys are being pressed and the FM is not playing. It is not playing MP3's.

No applications in the switch task area ........ No applications are being used.

My grandson does have a PS3 with Bluetooth upstairs.
In the past, I have checked and found the console switched off.
The nearest cell tower is about a mile and a half away on the other side of the ridge.
It happens when I am in the car and while at Walmart, McDonalds, etc as well at home.

I haven't noticed any schedule that I can discern.

I have made the difficult decision to take it back to Best Buy for an exchange tomorrow.
I will lose the games I have paid for and possibly my accumulated minutes and days.
I tried to transfer my minutes and phone number to my old phone but was unable to because the SIM # had been used.
Net10 said they would have to mail me a new SIM card, which I don't have time for.
I had hoped I could use the old phone on a temporary basis.

I called technical support in India (I presume), but couldn't understand a word the support person said.

I will post whether the new phone has the same problem. I really, really hate having to take it back.
There is also data in an application I will be losing.

Thanks again for replying.

KLM
Member Avatar

Hello again CrazyOldMan14,

Thanks for all the details. Being you mentioned the BT connection disconnects even when not in call,
may mean I can run my LG900G and HMB-210 ear piece and see what happens. The only thing is my
phone is not activated, but it may not matter in this case.

Okay on your decision to exchange the phone.
In the mean time, I will fire up my phone and ear piece and see if I can come up with anything.
I will post back in a few hours.

I am interested in the disconnecting every 2 or 3 minutes you mentioned. I'd like to see a stop watch on that.
I wonder if there is a conservation mode thing doing on (BT inactive timer).

Other than that, everything you commented back on sounds just fine environment wise.

Be back...

Motorola W260G-A Tracfone where you can't accidentially hit the bowesr button. It has no browser button. It has no browser!
Posted Image

KLM
Member Avatar

@ CrazyOldMan14,

I ran tests for 4 hour on my LG900G and LG HBM-210 Bluetooth ear piece paired up and
I could not cause the connection to break unexpectedly.

I went crazy with the BT settings, loaded apps, switched tasks, played a game and played MP3's,
phone power save, BT add new device, BT allow connection (always), deleted BT, BT deviced hidden,
visible for 3 min., visible (always). I even yanked out the micro SD card and re-inserted hot.

And all the while my ear piece and phone confirmed pairing from inches away to 20 feet away.

...It just worked in my case.

Again, my 900 has not been activated, but I don't see how that would affect connection, unless the
cell transmitter is doing something.
I would say you could prove that by putting the phone into airplane mode, but BT gets disabled as well.

I tried. Welp, I guess you will be making the exchange some time unfortunately.
Let us know how the replacement phone works.

Posted Image

CrazyOldMan14

@KLM
I exchanged the phones yesterday at about 10am.
Since then, the H270 headset has only disconnected/reconnected once. I must have had a bad phone.

I, as expected, lost all the games I had purchased and my accumulated minutes.
I also lost my phone number and had to get a new one assigned.
I could have avoided this by purchasing the new phone, transferring the service over and THEN taking the old phone back.
I hate going to where the Best Buy is located, but probably should have done it that way.
It would have saved me about $80 (games and $50 unlimited card I had to purchase).

Hopefully, this phone will continue to function properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

KLM
Member Avatar

CrazyOldMan14 - I too hope your replacement phone is trouble free after losing so much.

If the phone had developed a condition where it was not usable in any way, then I guess Net10 would
replace it, then minutes could be transfered, and phone number too.

The games, unless you had an account where you could download more than once, would be lost.

Yes, transferring minutes and number before taking the first phone back sounds like a plan - hindsight.

You did not download the games to your PC first and then transfer the games to your phone at will?

For me, I have stayed away from purchasing any games or apps, because one does not know if they will really work.
That and I download to PC first, that way I always have a copy of the game or App. :)

Wish I could have been more help to you, but hope that the 2nd phone is worry free for you.

KLM

CrazyOldMan14

@KLM

I downloaded the games via the browser and paid for them with my accumulated minutes I transferred over.
I started with 1100 minutes and after downloading games and ringtones had 400 minutes left after 2 weeks.
I couldn't find JAR files for them anywhere on the phone.

I was able to locate the ringtones and transferred them to the computer.
However, I was not able to use them as there was a license problem when I tried to play them.
I am not crazy about the ringtones that came with the phone, but don't know whether I will download any
more as I will have to use a credit card since I am using the "unlimited" card (actually 50,000 minutes).

I may try to create my own ringtones.
The games at $4.99 (I think) and the ringtones at $1.99 (I think) are rather high priced.
I think I am beginning to see why the iPhones are so popular.
My daughter has an iPod Touch she got for Christmas and she LOVES it!
The applications for it are either free or $.99 each, I think.
Still, the iPhones and other contract phones are more phone, service and expense than I need.
I rather like the LG 900G and will probably go with the $25 (750 minute) card after 30 days.
I doubt that the 300 minute (60 day) card is really appropriate for this phone.

Another thought: While all the applications available from Apple iTunes apparently work on all recent iPhones,
I have found that only 5% or 10% of .JAR applications work on the LG 900G. I have been unable to get any
application on the 900G to work that places data on the micro-SD card or uses Bluetooth. The applications that
use input data that work apparently place the data within the application on the internal storage. I had installed
CryptWallet (an encrypted password manager) and input data. I paid for the extended version that was supposed
to allow for the data to be transferred to the external memory and to the PC, but the developer was unable to get it
to work on the LG 900G (he tried quite hard to get it to work). So, I lost all that data. I also tried to install LockCrypt
and couldn't get it to work at all. As a semi-smart phone, the LG 900G leaves a lot to be desired.
I DO think I got my money's worth, though.

KLM
Member Avatar

@CrazyOldMan14 -

I got to thinking about your problem on the first phone some more, albeit too late.
But I will put this out here in case some one else runs into the same problem.

On thing I thought of (too late) that may cause an LG900G to erratically lose the Bluetooth
connection would be oxidation of a switch embedded in the head phone jack.

This switch tells the the LG900G if a pair of headphones is inserted or not.
If one were to plug headphones in while the Bluetooth was paired with an earpiece, the switch
opens and the Bluetooth would immediately disconnect.

Likewise if there were no headphones plugged in, and the switch contacts got oxidized,
it may cause a problem for bluetooth ear pieces.

Though the phone is new, some times, new contacts just don't make contact, some times an
enamel, or cleaning chemicals at the factory leave residue and gets in the way.
I have seen this in parts over many years. Or, the environment the unit is placed in (salt air?).

If I can't physically get to the contacts for a detailed leaning, in this case I'd take a pair of
headphones and put the least bit of WD-40 on the plug and insert it into the phone a dozen times.

On your loses in having to get another phone and reload it with goodies.

I myself would never purchase a game or application, ring tone or wallpaper, when there is
usually something suitable for free out there.

Yes you can make your own wallpaper or ring tones. Just make sure the ring tones are under
300k in size. Also the wallpaper size should be made to 320x222 pixels.

On 5%-10% of .JAR applications actually working on the 900. That's about right, but you can
also extend that 5% to 10% for a lot of other dumb phones as well.

If you have a one or two model product lineup, like Apple products, it's easier to program for.
And having the apple store, where you can centrally get all your applications from makes it easier
on the consumer and developer.

As you have discovered, there really is no central store for Java mobiles which makes it tough for
dumbphone users. People refer to getjar.com. But to me that is a cop-out for people who don't know
how to or want look for applications that will work.

And so, I shared with others here on Turk forums where I found applications, etc. and what worked on
say my LG420G. The same would apply to to the LG900G. I will put this in my next post as general info.

On finding software that will send stuff to SD card. You are looking for a file manager of sorts.
And you found that it did not work. In the past I found java based file managers and tried them on my LG 600 and 420.
It then that I found out just how locked down and locked out Tracfones were.
So I did not even bother to look for a file manager and try it on the LG900G.

There are a lot of manufactures and models of phones that support Java mobile, but the applications often
depend on 'permissions' to parts of the phone, like file structure, camera module, and other I/O components,
or web access. But it's not happening on a Tracfone / Net10.

As mentioned many posts ago. calling the LG900G a smartphone depends on the point of view.
By Net10 it's a smart phone because you can switch tasks (suspends but holds in memory, and can
Play music in background), but to the end user it's not the 'smartphone' they tend to hear bout of other phones.

If it makes you feel better, I have an android based phone.
It does not have a file manager, but there is an App for that.
But like the LG900G you are limited to where you can go file wise, unless you hack it.

Also, on the 'android market' (like Apple i store) You can get free and pay stuff. And certainly not everything
works exactly as it should, just like the LG900G, but there is probably a better chance it will (android)
because of all the modern support.

No operating system updates for the LG900, and today (literally) Microsoft mobile is bricking phones with their first update.
And what about all the bad news for iPhone users? It's not all greener in the smart phone world.

So, if one could accept the confines of a TF/Net10/TF phone they may do well....

Though I have a smart phone now, I consider it experimental. My main cell phone is still a Tracfone
Motorola W260, which has no BT, no WAP browser, no SD port, and thus no way to add wallpaper,
ringtones, games or apps. And I'm happy with it. :)

Again, hope the replacement 900 hangs in here. Now to work on 'cost containment' by finding free applications!

KLM
Member Avatar

Help on how to find Games, Apps, ringtones, wallpaper for free.

Here is what I did for my LG600, LG420, and now LG900G. This should give you a good start to finding free stuff.

http://handheld.softpedia.com - Huge collection. Look for the 'free' tab on the top right of screen (free ware filtering).
And look for games that are Platform: Java, and ignore the ones for iPhone, Blackberry, etc.

http://mobile360.org - Huge collection. Lots of them are for smarter phones. And some games that look really good,
end up having to pay for after you have installed it (wants to phone home and burn minutes)

http://sourceforge.net You'll find a lot of other sites will point their links to sourceforge.

http://www.mobilerated.com They want you to tell them what our phone is before having a look.
This might be too restrictive, so I picked a better dumb phone. this site can be hard to deal with.
Don't stress over it and move onto another site.

http://java.mob385.com Older stuff for older phones. Has not been updated in forever, but I found a few things of interest.

http://ngphone.com/j2me/opensource/game.htm Drawing a blank on this one...Sorry...

I picked really simple games for my phone thinking that is all it can handle.
But later I found out through simulations, it can handle 2D stuff really well.

Here are some key words to aid you in your search, especially googling...

The 900, 420, and 600 will run J2ME type games and apps. It's the phones operating system.
J2ME stands for 'Java 2 Microedition'.

Searching for J2ME does not net the results you really want depending on how you search.
Words that work better are 'Java midlet' or 'Java midlets'.

Searching for something like 'Games for LG900G' is too restrictive as no body supports Tracfones remember?!
The only sites that will turn up are the ones that want money or something else and in the end you don't get what you want.

Other things that may help on some web sites, but not all, is knowing or supplying the screen size of the phone.

The screen full canvas size (no task/status bars visible) of the LG900G is 320x222.
If you are looking for wallpapers this is the size you want.

The canvas (non-full) size is 320x198. this is the screen space remaining when task or status bars are visible.

You need to to get the game or app for your size screen as most of the time the java based game or
app contains a fixed set of bitmaps, so they won't resize, and may scrunch up on the screen.

It would also help if you know what software you want in the first place. Such as 'Yahtzee Java midlet'.

* * * Games and applications I have tried, success, partial success, or failure.... * * *

My notes (or ramblings?) on this subject got longer than I thought they would. So, to cut down on the length of
this post, I just uploaded the list to a server and you can download it if you choose. The other reason for the file
upload is that I may update it in the future. Of course everything is at your own risk to your phone, etc.. You have
to forgive any typos or grammatical's, as I'm doing all the homework anyway right? I'm not getting graded for neatness.

What you'll find in the text is notes but not to many direct links as they come and go, on various web browsers,
dictionaries, e-mail clients, and of course- games. Knowing the title of the app and who made it, as provided in
the notes should give you enough to do a google and grab the app!

You can download the plain text file here. Last update 2010 September 30.

SFB

I found this forum by accident, but what a find ! Thanks to all for your vast amount of info.
I'm new to all this, so please bear with me. When trying to add files from my PC via bluetooth,
I get a screen which asks me to enter my pairing code. Could someone please tell me what
that is, or where I can find it ? I tried 0000, but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

CrazyOldMan14

SFB
February 24, 2011, 8:14 am
I found this forum by accident, but what a find ! Thanks to all for your vast amount of info.
I'm new to all this, so please bear with me. When trying to add files from my PC via bluetooth,
I get a screen which asks me to enter my pairing code. Could someone please tell me what
that is, or where I can find it ? I tried 0000, but that didn't work.
Thanks in advance.

I used an Iogear Bluetooth dongle. It creates a pairing code which the phone then asks if it is correct.
I have set up Bluetooth for 2 different LG 900G phones and have had difficulty each time.
I finally was able to get it to work each time. This may be specific with my particular dongle.

I have found it much easier to simply use a micro-USB cable to transfer files. This is what I would recommend.
I ordered one from www.amazon.com at $3.39 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HMWQE2
It is sold by CiTi Electronics.
I have ordered 2 at two different times (for 2 different phone models (one used by my grandson)) and
have been pleased with the quality.

SFB

I just tried the last four digits of my serial #, and that did the trick.

KLM
Member Avatar

Hello SFB,

Welcome to the Turk forums- where accidents are good- some times!

On the Bluetooth pairing and what code to put in.....

You want to transfer files - when the Phone AND and computer take turns asking you for a pairing code,
simply make up ANY 4 digit code you like ( 0000 is fine ), and give BOTH the computer and phone the
SAME pairing code when they ask for it. That's all you have to do. Transfer away!

You want to pair to a Bluetooth ear piece - This is where things are probably going to be different as far as codes go.
Being earpieces don't have holographic keyboards yet, the manufacture pre-programs a code for the ear piece.
Often it can be 0000, check the manual, as you must know the proper code when the PC asks for it.

Have fun with your new phone SFB,

Update, looks like you got the idea while I was typing this. Great!

Motorola W260G-A Tracfone where you can't accidentally hit the browesr button. It has no browser button. It has no browser!
Posted Image

GrailKing

Hello,

I just recently became unemployed, and as a gift the people I worked with gave me the LG 900g.

I like the phone, is there an Exchange app I can DL for this phone?

Also, is there a way to add an actual address in sending an e-mail instead of the [email protected]?

GK

KLM
Member Avatar

Howdy, and welcome to the forums.

(Edit replacing this post now that I have time)

The LG900G and other Net10/Tracfone/Straight Talk (except 1 or 2 models) phones have 'permissions' (java term) to
access things that exchange would need. anything bing and wonderful app wise you have heard of, probably won't
work. But an exception would be something like the opera mini web browser. That will work- mostly.

I did a quick search for Exchange for J2ME and found this: http://j2me-exchange-client.fyxm.net/

The web site above advertises:

· RTMP/RTMPT protocols support (both AMF0 and AMF3 encodings)
· remote method invocation
· remote shared object management
· play and publish audio/video streams
· ActionScript flash.net.* alike classes and methods

These things and a lot more the LG900G (or other models) are set to not allow 'permissions' for these types of things.
No, no hacking, rooting, for TF/Net10/ST phones. You will often read about how well they are 'locked down'.

Now there are Games and applications that will work or sorta work. But because of the lack of permissions the
things that work completely will be limited.Any apps you look for need to be 'java 2 micro edition' (J2ME) based -
- remember that..

When you have time, look through the main thread about the LG900G, which we have filled with all kinds of info
on what it can do: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/3862037/

Also in the above thread eventually I talk about how to get things installed, just how I searched for apps, and
where I found some good (free) sites. I'd stay away from the pay as again, with the lack of 'permissions' any power
apps will likely not work, and you lost money. You will see where this has been discussed in the above thread.

And on sending mail, well you can use gmail (browser mail) etc. like everyone suggest , but @yourdomian.com - no.
TF/Net10/ST block ports. But there are a few outfits that can do pop/smtp for you, for a fee, and they need your
account passwords, and might not even be in this Country.

e-mail apps I tried that have an e-mail client and -relay- your mail to/from your actual server:

Below may be messy but it is from my personal notes...

Emailviewer (v2.3)-by By Reqwireless Inc. - Does not work upon connect.

mujMail-dev (v1.08.08) http://mujmail.xf.cz/index.php - Does not work.
java.lang.security. exception operation never permitted, blkah blah blah...
This is those lockdown on permissions I was telling you about.

mujMail (v1.07.02 stable) -Nice! Retrieves e-mail subject and then scrolls the info horizontally at a speed that
is fast and easy to read. You can view header details, forward, quote, reply, reply all, parse the e-mail addresses
from the message and save them to the address book. Can have multiple e-mail accounts. And you can select
the account you want to send from after you type your message. I could do pop mail just fine, does IMAP too)
but can't SMTP due to the lockdown on permissions- again.

Mail4me (v1.0)- de.trantor.mail.demo.j2me.MailMIDlet - does pop and imap, send and receive mail.
Java class error on this one too.

Redwing (V2) -Does not connect to to the internet.

FLURRY (V01.02.16) http://www.flurry.com Longest internet setup, burns minutes, then connect failed message.

FLURRY (mail plus) (V02.00.03) e-mail and RSS feeds. http://www.flurry.com Have to signup first.
I did not go any further.

MMail (Xtend mail) (V2.2.4 works) (V2.2.3 did not work)
==================
Has In, drafts, sent, address book. Copyright 2004. Pop3 only , no IMAP. SMPT server name, but no place to put
user/pass and no port numbers for SMTP. So would only work if your params are normal. Received mail okay.
AND IT SENT A TEXT MAIL OKAY AS (from) MY E-MAIL ADDRESS! (but when the recipient received my message
it said it was sent from my e-mail address but the 'reply to' was 1410000002. Normally one would just hit reply,
and if they did, you'd never get it! So this is all left handed. Whole layout confusing and clumsy, hard to use at first.
It sends your mail to their server. You have to pay them and there is a time limit on the license.

WAPALTA (v4.99.10) (another pay mail)
=======
Created-By: 1.2.0_00 (GeneratumStudio)
Error on install. permission javax.wireless.messaging.sms.send not available on this device.

You get the idea now. :)

When you have time, look through the main thread about the LG900G, which we have filled with
all kinds of info on what it can do: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/3862037/

Whew, I'm going to hit apply before I lose all this again!

Have fun with your new phone,

Posted Image

CrazyOldMan14

When I run the LG 900G Facebook application, it comes up and says: “Connection problem”.

It won’t bring up the news feed.

When I take “options” and then “info” it shows my public information from Facebook. It won’t show anything else.

Is anyone else having this problem? ... Is there a solution?

mssimba

Protective skin for the LG 900G?
I just bought this phone but have no knowledge about these upgrades as the phone I have is a Nokia 1100.
I am wondering what I should buy to protect the screen on this phone.

Also, what else do I need to buy to make max use out of it?
I have purchased two 4GB micro SD cards and have a card reader on my computer that should read micro SD cards.

So what other accessories should I have and any suggestions where to buy them along with a suggested price?

CrazyOldMan14

@ mssimba

I have found that the micro USB cable is pretty important to have.
I bought mine to transfer data for $3.39 including shipping from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HMWQE2

Comments on the page indicate it probably shouldn't be used for charging the phone.
I just use mine to transfer data. I have bought 2 of these cables at 2 different times.
I use one and my grandson uses the other. We have been pleased with them.

UPDATE: The cable I bought was from CiTi electronics. When I took the link to the one I purchased it sent
me to a different company and possible different product. I don't know if this particular cable is comparable
to the 2 I have purchased.

I have gone to SETTINGS> 6 MEMORY INFO> PRIMARY STORAGE SETTING and changed it from
HANDSET MEMORY to EXTERNAL MEMORY. I noticed that when I removed my micro SD card to put it
in the reader and then put it back in the phone, the setting had changed to HANDSET MEMORY again.
For that reason, I no longer remove the SD card from the phone and instead use the micro USB cable to
transfer data.

I bought a case for about $10 at Walmart to protect the phone. It is vinyl with elastic edges with a long
Velcro fastened flap from Bytech. I have dropped my phone a number of times and the case protects it.
The elastic straps make it easy to remove the phone and the long Velcro helps keep the flap secure.

I bought a Iogear Bluetooth dongle from Walmart for about $20 to use to transfer files, but find it easier
just to use the $3.39 micro USB cable. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have gotten the dongle.

As for screen protection, I don't see any reason to cover it with anything.
I keep it in the case, which protects the screen from scratching and impact.

GrailKing

Thank You,

I down loaded Opera Mini as I am a long time Opera user on my desktop.

I'll try that route.

Cavok7

My very first post. :) .... Thank you to everyone for generating such a wealth of information.

As mentioned already, this phone is at Radio Shack for $30. I picked myself up one a few days ago and
so far it is wonderful. I have a Net10 LG 200 so it is a big upgrade. Unfortunately, the wonderful service
I have had for several years with Net10 has now declined to a point of utter frustration.

And that stems from the act of trying to transfer my minutes and days of service from said LG 200 to my new toy. ;-)

The Net10 web site is perfectly fine and simple to use - except for the final screen where it displays the total
minutes and days of service. The days are correct, but the minutes are off by over 1000.
It gives you the option to agree or disagree with their totals and of course I am not about to flush that many minutes.
The screen then directs you to contact customer service to complete the transfer.

After 2.5 hours of listening to their recorded music and message telling me how important my call was, I gave up.
I then posted on their forums and also sent in an email. It has been three days and the forum post has not been
approved so it does not display.
There has been no response to my email - not even an automated acknowledgment of receipt. I even tried the CS
number again and waited for another hour before giving up. These long wait times did have a small silver lining as
I now have plenty of new ringtones, wallpapers and games downloaded. ;-)

Whenever I finally get this resolved and actually gain some experience using the phone I will happily post my results here.

Again, thanks to all for the terrific information. :)

KLM
Member Avatar

Cavok7,

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting your days and time ported to the new phone, but it's a familiar story.

It's been discussed that if you do not post something in good light, they won't approve you for the Net10 forum.

Waiting hours on hold with support happens.
Some times I think a solar flare got to the satellite that connects 'them' to the rest of the world, and thus
they are down for hours. :D ... But there are times when you only have to wait 10 minutes or less.
But who wants to wait hours or days to get a new phone going?

You attempted a number of methods to reach Net10, but did you try escalations?

[email protected]: 1-800-876-5753

Experienced users tend to skip the rest and head right to calling corporate for service.

Perhaps some others on the forum who have had to do transfers with a high balance of minutes will come
along and share their experience/tips. I recall that some users would advise keeping the number of minutes
below a certain amount before doing a transfer, as to not trigger any alarms- or something like that.

When you get your new phone activated, you'll be able to add to the wealth of knowledge here as well. :)

Welcome to the Turk forums!

KLM

MelFranks

Just happened on this forum and thread as I was looking for info on this phone. :D

Thanks for the heads-up on the Radio Shack $30 deal, wow what a steal!

I've had a LG 300G for some time, never really used it much, basically had it for emergencies, but have
accumulated over 3000 minutes on it. When I saw this phone for only $30 I had to jump on it, so many
more features with which to burn up my 3k minutes.

So far I'm ecstatic with it, I think I'm going to finally dump my land line, been clinging to it for too long,
nostalgic or something I guess...

KLM
Member Avatar

@MelFranks,

Isn't it nice that the landline companies do not have a monopoly on us anymore? :D

I have some neighbor kids behind me that grew up on cellphones.
I realized this when they did not know landlines do long distance.

I too am edging closer to ditching the landline.
Verizon has not done me any favors in the past regarding little to no maintenance on their disintegrating lines.

Yeah, $30 is a great price for a QWERTY phone.
I think many have been waiting for a price point like this. Hope it runs forever.

Welcome to the Turk forums.

KLM

MelFranks

I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't see a solution, maybe there is none.
Is there any way to disable the "Untrusted" messages that pop up when using apps like Opera mini?
It does not seem to matter if it is "signed" or not, I also have the same issue, actually worse, with Google maps.
It looks like pretty much any time data is transferred the nag screen appears, which is constantly when panning the map.

I guess I'm not going to have much trouble burning through my minutes though, I already used 200
minutes just messing around with the phone last night. :O I suppose when the novelty wears off I'll use less...

Can anyone recommend a protective case?

The guy at Radio Shack said they didn't have one made for this particular phone.

mssimba

I, too, am wondering about a protective case for this phone. In particular, I am looking for a case that
would prevent the phone or the network from being activated while being in my pocket or purse.

I would prefer to buy at a local store rather than online but it doesn't really matter that much.

Thanks for any help.

MsSimba

CrazyOldMan14

I bought a vinyl case from Walmart I am happy with for something like $9.97.
It is by Bytech, has a belt clip and a full length horizontal Velcro secured flap.
It has elastic ends and bottom which make it easy to remove.
I have tried 3 cases and this is the one I have been most happy with.

@mssimba
To prevent the phone from being activated while in the case, I keep the keyboard locked.
To answer a call while in locked mode, just press the OK button.

To lock the phone, hold down the key with "C/" and a picture of a padlock until it locks.
It will say "Key Locked". To unlock, press the left soft key which will say "Unlock".
The phone will then display "Press Yes to unlock". Press the right soft key to unlock.

Alaskanlilly

curstpriest
January 27, 2011, 11:36 am
javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read,javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write

Both do nothing when added to manifest or jad.
I'm pretty sure there's something in the firmware that's blocking access to unsigned apps.
I'm fairly sure that everything is blocked (sms included) except for HTTP/HTTPS - no bluetooth, file transfer, etc - over java.

I don't know what's up with the certificates in this phone, but I can't even find anything that is signed.
Opera isn't showing up as signed when installed via JAD, and it installs as untrusted and nags nonstop.

Apparently there is no way to add/install/alter/bypass root certificates as well, since the LGAPP directory
does not get mounted properly.
It might be an override directory, or used strictly for firmware updates, I simply do not know.

The default browser is crap because it constantly runs out of memory (even with images disabled),
and opera unsigned sucks because every minute you get nagged that data rates may apply.

Also, you cannot install any sort of file-access apps such as ebook reader/document viewer or
music player (to overcome phones lack of indexing/support for various formats).

I know it's a dumb phone, but it could be a lot smarter if java at least worked as intended. =T
I didnt read the whole thread but you can download opera with all the certificates.
Just change your storeage to Handheld...
Go m.opera.com and click on OTHER DOWNLOAD OPTIONS...
Go all the way to the bottom of the page to where it says OPTIONS FOR OPERA MINI 4.2...
Click the link that says SELECT CODE SIGNING CERTIFICATE...
Next click on ALL CERTIFICATES.... Then DOWNLOAD OPERA MINI 4.2...
You will have no problems with it, no site isn't trusted BS.
Also, if you want to download apps you can with Opera as long as you change your storage to Handheld...
You don't have to load apps to your PC and then USB/Bluetooth apps.
Just save as many apps as you can to the handheld because SD Cards can't hold certificates.

MelFranks

I went to the local Best Buy today and asked about a case for the phone and they looked at me like I was nuts. :D
I'm sure I can find something that will work fine though.

I decided to give the Bolt browser a try again and really like it, this page has all the shortcut keys for zooming and such.
I downloaded the signed version and it does not give the "Untrusted" messages, I must have had the wrong version installed previously.

The pre-installed Facebook app seems broken, keep getting a connection error.
Works fine though just going to the page via Bolt.

Holy cow am I ever burning up the minutes, seems like every time I touch the phone it's subtracting time, especially using the web access.
Oh well, for $30 I still really like this phone. :)

MelFranks

CrazyOldMan14
March 6, 2011, 2:26 pm
I bought a vinyl case from Walmart I am happy with for something like $9.97.
It is by Bytech, has a belt clip and a full length horizontal Velcro secured flap.
It has elastic ends and bottom which make it easy to remove.
I have tried 3 cases and this is the one I have been most happy with.

I'll have to give that a look, thanks.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* I received this letter in my inbox-mail today from new Member Don Beto who had this to say .. ;)
Don Beto:

Greetings to all my new friends: Having determined that there was no user manual for the LG900G, other than the
LG300G, I came here looking help and information for a way to transfer from my Backberry, my phone contacts.

I got a bit a carried away with the abundance of information, and in some instances the carefully thoughtout
responses, particularly the tech stuff, much beyond my experience and understanding.
But the apparent generousity was not lost on me. Thank you all for the wonderful questions and responses.
I wouldn't start using my LG900g til I get my ported number.

I actually dread the out come. Because my previous provider: Simple Solutions, couldn't allow me to pay the
monthly service fees online. The service was fine, but even when paid in advance, usually a number of days
before the expiration date, my service would get cut off at the end of the cycle.
So enough of that, now I'm off to see if Net10 are in fact wizards. the Port transfer will be the test.
If that comes off without a hitch, the rest is fluff in my book. ..... "Manuals? I don't need no stinking manuals".

regards, Don Beto

B-) Turk - Owner/Creator/Administrator

bane

First time poster here...

Just upgraded this phone from an ancient Nokia, but I'm still getting used to it.

As of 2/5/2011 and still ongoing the phone is available for 30$ at Radio Shack.
And if you buy the phone you get 3 dollars off their screen protectors.
I think the phone is indeed cheaper because on Net10 website the phone comes with a card,
however when you purchase Radio Shack it doesn't.
Just a theory though.

I'm still getting used to the phone, and I had a few questions that may or may not already be answered here.

1. Has anyone tried the facebook app that came with it?
2. If you have, are you getting errors like I am?
3. During use of Opera Mini, every 10 seconds a pop-up rears it's ugly head and tells me it's untrusted, any work around?
4. The internal browser suffers from not enough memory, anyone else getting this? Isn't this something LG should know about?
5. What is the screen size/best size for wallpapers?

Thanks everyone, this is an awesome forum.

Cavok7

KLM
March 4, 2011, 11:42 pm
Cavok7,
Experienced users tend to skip the rest and head right to calling corporate for service.
When you get your new phone activated, you'll be able to add to the wealth of knowledge here as well. :)

KLM
Hello and thank you. :-)

As an update, the email I sent in did get a response and more importantly, a different phone number to call:

1-888-251-8164.
For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:45 PM EST.

This is to their email support staff and I got a human immediately upon calling them. Long story short, after entering
a monsterous amount of codes into my new phone, the correct minutes and service end date appeared on my phone.
Now all I had to do was wait for the local provider to do the actual port. This took just about 72 hours and required me
to remove the battery and sim card while the phone was turned on. As soon as I reassembled it - Shazam! I had signal.

My new 8 gig microSD card also arrived today so in short order I had all the ring tones and wallpaper loaded.

In regards to your suggestions on having smaller minute totals before a port happens - not an option for me.
I rarely used my previous phone (LG200) but those pesky end of service dates came upon me rather quickly.
It did not take long to accumulate a 2000+ minute balance just to keep the service active.
I wish they would just let you buy service days.
For me something like a 300 minute 180 day card would be better suited for my usage. Oh well.

I tried getting Bolt going, but get the message Invalid descriptor? Any thoughts anyone on what I am doing wrong?

For me in my area, the FM radio works like a champ - very good sound and reception. :-)

KLM
Member Avatar

Thank you Turk for sharing the mail from Don Beto, and I wish him luck on the port!

KLM

Cavok7

Hi Everyone. Here is what might be a silly question, but I am stumped on my side of the screen.

Settings >>> Security >>> Change Codes >>>Security Code

It asks me for my current security code. I have no idea since I just received the phone.

There does not appear to be anything in any of the printed materials and I tried various forms of the
serial number, the old "1,2,3,4", etc. ... but nothing is recognized.

I really do not want to cycle through 10,000 combinations to find it. Is there a way to know what this number is?

Thanks for any help.

big_lou

Did you try "0000"?

KLM
Member Avatar

bane
March 7, 2011, 6:53 pm
First time poster here...

Just upgraded this phone from an ancient Nokia, but I'm still getting used to it.

As of 2/5/2011 and still ongoing the phone is available for 30$ at Radio Shack.
And if you buy the phone you get 3 dollars off their screen protectors.
I think the phone is indeed cheaper because on Net10 website the phone comes with a card,
however when you purchase Radio Shack it doesn't.
Just a theory though.

I'm still getting used to the phone, and I had a few questions that may or may not already be answered here.

1. Has anyone tried the facebook app that came with it?
2. If you have, are you getting errors like I am?
3. During use of Opera Mini, every 10 seconds a pop-up rears it's ugly head and tells me it's untrusted, any work around?
4. The internal browser suffers from not enough memory, anyone else getting this? Isn't this something LG should know about?
5. What is the screen size/best size for wallpapers?

Thanks everyone, this is an awesome forum.
Hello bane and welcome to the Turk fourms!

Lets see what we can do here...

I never activated my LG900G, I went to a smart phone. So I was not able to try the facebook app.
Actually, I have never been on facebook.

>On using Opera-mini and seeing a frequent pop-up saying untrusted. You need the signed version of the application to stop that.

>On workaround for the untrusted while web browsing with opera mini...Did you try Alaskanlilly's post number 126?

On the internal browser reporting not enough memory on just about every web site you go to, Net10 did it
on purpose, so it is beyond LG's control. In fact, LG will refuse to support a TF/Net10/Straight Talk phone.
Now we know they they are so cheap. :D

Actually there are other TF/Net10/St phones where the same browser/memory occurs, so it is not just the LG900G.
I'm sure that does not make you feel better however.

The 'full canvas size' (for wallpaper) is 222x320. This and more about the screen, was covered in post 18, 54, 110, and 111.
Watch the file size too big and it will choke, same with ring tones (300k).

Okay, let us know how things pan out for you...

KLM

KLM
Member Avatar

@Cavok7,

It sounds like things are going well now regarding your phone. Okay on the different support number.
Too many floating in my head. Need to clean it out :D

On the Bolt invalid descriptor. Try Bolt lite :) and let us know how it goes for you.

(bolt) Oh, when you tried to install bolt, did you install using the .JAD file and not the .JAR? try just the .JAR file.

Good deal on FM radio feature working for you. You must have stations close by. All but one here
are 50 miles or so away. And the only one I can barely hear on my LG900G is about 20 miles away.

KLM

big_lou

I also had poor FM reception but it got WAY BETTER with a 6-foot headphone extension cord!

jwp

KLM
January 3, 2011, 12:00 am
TRANSFER CONTACTS
Yes, you can transfer your contacts to the LG900G. I'm there are multiple ways to do so,
like place the .VCF files on a micro SD, then select them.

Some time ago I had saved the contacts in my LG420 off to my PC. So, to save time I just sent my
contacts from PC, via bluetooth, to the LG900G. The LG900G picked up on what I was doing right
away and put those .VCF files right into the contacts section, ready for use. Awesome!

KLM
When I save my Outlook contacts as VCF files and import them into my LG900g no phone numbers show up on
the phone site. I get a name and email address but non phone numbers at all .... Any ideas?

KLM
Member Avatar

Things to ponder on....VCF format issue?
Which VCF version are you outputting to with Outlook? Are you putting dashes between digits?

Just now I turned on my LG900G, and saved a version 2.1 VCF using Outlook contacts and then put it in my LG900G.
I went into the LG900G contact list and I read the phone numbers just fine. :)

Turning LG900G back off.... ;)

Posted Image

shesallthat

hi! :)

I just joined this forum today because I bought this phone last month!

There is so much information here!

I have just started reading about the many different things.

KLM
Member Avatar

Welcome shesallthat to the Turk Forums!

It seems to be a popular phone. No doubt the price point and QWERTY had a lot to do with it. :)

Yes, there is gobs of LG900G info on here. Take your time to digest it slowly...
It's what we do for a lack of a real manual to absorb.

"How I figured out my phone out was- I read the manual. When that didn't work I just started pressing buttons! If that didn't not work, I sought out every post I could find on the phone first before asking questions."
Posted Image

ives6797

I have a LG 900G, as does my husband. I am looking to get a speaker for the car.

How can I find out if our phones would be compatible with a Motorola T305?

They aren't on the compatibility list, but I've hard a hard time finding this phone listed for things:
(ie: drop down menus when trying to download ringtones, etc, when not on the Net10 site).

Cavok7

big_lou
March 8, 2011, 10:53 pm
Did you try "0000"?
Thank You ... That worked! :)

In the "Orginizer" there is a "Secret Memo" that requires a security code.

Under "settings" there is a "Security" tab. When I open it it ask to change codes.

Where do you get the code to access this?

KLM
Member Avatar

Try 0000 (default). Or, 1234 if that didn't work.

There is no documentation for this, not even from the manufacturer.

Thank you, the 0000 works.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
bdes64:

Hi, I just got the LG 900g.

What is the best site to download music from in your opinion?

Also, forgive my stupidity (I am new to this) - how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

* Member bdes64 has sent me this message to my inbox, so I decided to just post it here for others to see.

* I don't really download music from music sites ... so I am not familiar with what music sites are out there?

* So, if anyone here can help out with these questions ... please feel free to help out here ... thanks .. ;)

NETurk B-)

mastershu

Bolt turned out to be a better browser for me than Opera, it's set up almost looks like an actual laptop or desktop.
java's ''permission'' thing is a bit nerving as I've put a few games and apps, on start up it says "this app is untrusted continue?''
When that happens be prepared for it to pop up a few more times but other than that my LG900g is pretty nice.
I can't believe it's a ''cheap phone'' - radioshack has them for $29 new and I've just started seeing them come
here to florida .... java likes to be complicated - lol - drives me nuts on any phone.

mastershu

beemp3.net is a good place for single songs, dunno if it will do it straight to phone though.

If you have a usb cord and an sd card you could use a computer, it's the fastest for me.

Download it from site to computer, then put it in a folder on your phone.

mastershu

if anyones curious as to why u cant put movies an vids on yur net10 camera phone.....there is a way!! ive got 6 movies an 12 music vids on my lg900g it also works for the long sliders (qwerty sliders) net10 phones an the lg620g its a lil program called avs video converter it basically took a 1 gig movie an shrunk it to 380 mb to put on my phone .. heres why , wen u use the video cam on yur phone an put it on ur computer its a 3gp file not many players i know of play them but vlc an mpc star will! avs video converter can be used to take an avi/mpeg1-4 type movie an shrink it an convert to 3gp up to .......30 frames a second!!! doesnt sound like alot but u cant see a difference in a regular movie on dvd an it on the phone very smooth an u can adjust the details an fps as well as the hieght an width of the video as u see fit to match the phone u have!! lord know ive ticked alot of people off wen they see me watchin a movie on a prepaid!! lmao its great software !! HERES THE BAD NEWS the freeware version tho puts a water mark dead center of screen 8( i went on a torrent an found the full version it also converts movies to ps3 an xbox360 its a great piece of software an if i culd video a video of it an post it here i wuld !! it can do resolution up to 720x576!! again its awsome software for net10 phones!!

mastershu

Yah, it sucks...

I try and stay away from those apps if I can b4 u know it you've just had an hour of time munched up in 15 minutes. lol

Was using a language translator app on LG 900g phone when I saw that ......... I almost cried. :(

chyleppr

I have the LG 900G .... I can receive text messages and reply to them, and I can make and receive calls.
But every time that I initiate sending a text, it never goes through! ... It always says "waiting" and never gets sent.
(I have the 1500 min. & half a year plan.) Why can't I send a text? :unsure:

Is there some type of setting that I may have messed up?

KLM
Member Avatar

Hello chyleppr and welcome to the Turk forums...

(guessing) Locate the 'box' that has your outgoing messages. If there are messages present, delete all of them.
Then try sending another message from scratch.

I have a LG 420G that I could not send messages,
but once I flushed the outgoing messages that backed up, I was able to 'initiate' a message.

In my case, what happened was, the message relay center was down so a message could not be sent and
so it it was placed in the out box. For a few days I repeatedly tried to 'resend' the message in the out box,
as there is an option to do so, yet it would not send. Then I flushed the boxes, and was able to send again.

But I don't know if this will help you being you are able to reply to messages still. Weird. Let us know if this helps.

Posted Image

millept

I had the opposite problem last year:

I used the NET10 online tech support when my LG 300g stop receiving texts (I could still send but not receive).
It created a ticket number and said someone would be working on the problem.
After about 15 minutes, I checked the status of the ticket, and it told me to call CS.
I called and, sure enough, had to enter some long codes which magically repaired the situation.

And of course I had to go through 2 tiers of support to get to someone who could fix the problem.
Just takes patience and a good land line connection.

r0807

I am ordering the phone this week, I cant wait to tinker with it.

I love the reviews, I really got to learn a bit about it before ordering it. :)

Thanks.

KLM
Member Avatar

r0807 - You are wise and fortunate (info is available) to read up on your future phone.

Being Tracfone/Net10 phones lack a detailed manual, we all have to post some where on our findings for the masses.

That and, figuring the phone out is half the fun!

Take your time in reading the forums. Lotsa information here.

Enjoy your new phone when it arrives! ... and welcome to the Turk Forums! :)

KLM

shesallthat

My Walmart finally got some of the LG 900G in stock.

Price is $29.99 and you get a free 4GB card, car charger, and the little earphones.

r0807

Thanks bunches! :)

I've been with Straight Talk for a year now and their page won't let me buy it on their site, so I'm giving Net10 a try.

I'm just worried about it picking up a signal in the sticks. lol

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
shesallthat:

My Walmart finally got some of the LG 900G in stock.
Price is $29.99 and you get a free 4GB card, car charger, and the little earphones.
* shesallthat .... thanks for the phone update! .... that is a great deal, almost makes me want to buy one now. (lol)

* I added your information to the top of the page for others to hopefully see.

* $30 might end up being the new price of this phone (orig. $60) ... other stores will eventually follow in price dropping.

* r0807 .... I say for only $30 + free accessory kit + 4 GB card, you can't go wrong with that deal.

* Plus, if you end up not getting good reception out in the sticks, you could always return it to Walmarts .. ;)

T u B-) r K

r0807

I bought it off the Net10 website for $79.99. It comes with a $50 card so it seemed like the best deal to me. ;)

I have a odd question. Can you edit photos after you take them? Examples; rotate, change color, add frames, etc.

DBSinFL

This is my first post. Been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and found it full of good information.

I've got a LG 900G through Straight Talk and was stymied by the memory errors I'd get when trying to load
pages (like weather.com). I tried Opera Mini and Bolt (lite, I think) and Bolt seemed to work better but still
got the "untrusted" nag messages.

Wanted to thank Alaskanlilly for the March 6th post with step by step instructions on downloading Opera Mini
with certificates (now version 4.3) using the browser that came with the LG 900G.

It worked like a charm. The pages load fast and render nicely. No memory error on weather.com. :)
I can finally add some bookmarks to a browser and maybe USE my 30MB of web instead of frustrated
attempts to get to web pages with useful information.

KLM
Member Avatar

Hello DBSinFL and welcome to the Turk forums!

Good to hear 'member support' was able to help you have a better expedience with your new phone other than
what Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk offers it's customers. ... Users/customers have to support the phone and they
provide the cell service, which we cannot do on our own.

So it all works out. :D

KLM

CrazyOldMan14

r0807
March 22, 2011, 11:54 pm
I bought it off the Net10 website for $79.99. It comes with a $50 card so it seemed like the best deal to me. ;)
I have a odd question. Can you edit photos after you take them? Examples; rotate, change color, add frames, etc.
1. Select desired photo.
2. Press OK (VIEW).
3. Select OPTIONS.
4. Select EDIT IMAGE.
5. Image is resized to 640X480.
6. Select OPTIONS. You will be given the choice of:
1.Rotate, 2.Resize, 3.Insert, 4.Clipping, 5.Image Defect, 6.Special effect, 7.Frame effect, 8.Mirror, 9.More (Fun mirror, spotlight, warp).

When you save, it will allow you to UPDATE EXISTING or AS NEW FILE.

KLM
Member Avatar

^^ Add on to CrazyOldMan14's post above:

Image is resized to 640X480 - Yes, the phone forces a resize of the picture if you enter edit mode, no way around it.

I just mentioned this in case the resizing question came up.

Good post CrazyOldMan14.

KLM

r0807

Ok, I am in love and I don't have it yet. :)

Thanks so much! :)

DBSinFL

Found another site today with apps for the LG 900G. - It's: http://www.magomobile.com/phone/4665-LG_900G.

The page has a box on the left-hand side of the screen titled, "LG 900G free downloads" and in the middle of that
box is a link which reads "Java J2ME apps".

groooooooovygirl
Member Avatar

I just bought a LG 900G phone from Net10 and I am trying to figure out HOW to download music to the MP3 player.

Can anyone please tell me how step by step? .... I would sooooooo greatly appreciate it. :D

KLM
Member Avatar

Howdy ... Not doing so well tonight (hard to avoid typos etc.) so this will be short. Sorry about this.

While this is not 'step by step' this will help you determine if you are actually up to it so to speak. :)

There is no simply download MP3's into the LG 900G as such. If download you mean use the built in browser
to find MP3's on the internet and then download, not going to happen. The browser has a web page/data size
limit of 300k in size. You can't even visit most web sites with that. So you need to obtain and install another
capable browser like Opera Mini.
This is already discussed a few times in this thread. When you have a moment, peruse the thread for details.

Now, the quickest way to to get MP3's onto the 900 is by Bluetooth data transfer (can be complicated to set up
manage the first time around), USB cable data transfer (easy enough but must have USB to Micro USB cable)
or take the micro SD card out of the phone, stick it in a adapter that will make it fit in a PC's SD card slot, etc.
and put MP3's on micro SD (in sounds folder) card from your PC then put the card back in your phone.

Then, when the Micro SD is in the phone, you are ready to play. Two ways to access:

Menu > Multimedia > Music - This is the phones player. Under the left soft key, labeled options, there are more options.

Or you can play a MP3 through this way..

Menu > My Folder > Sounds Highlight an MP3 and hit play. Have a look under the left soft key for more Options...

Okay, that's it for now I am afraid. I'm seeing stars and very little of the screen now...
Hope this gives some idea what's entailed. Good luck!

KLM

DBSinFL

Hi Groooooooovygirl,

I'm not sure I can add much to KLM's response other than to point out that you probably should have a micro SD
card as a starter point. I don't know what the maximum size is for the LG 900G, but I boughta 4 Gig at Walmart and
it seems to work fine. I haven't added MP3s yet on my phone, but did so on a 4 Gig card for another phone in the
household on a Samsung slider phone and it worked. I have my MP3s on my home computer in ITunes.
I just took the micro SD card out of the phone, put it in the SD adapter card that it came with, and stuck it in the SD
slot on the front of my PC. I copied the MP3s from ITunes onto the MicroSD card, took it out of the PC, and took the
MicroSD card out of the adapter card and put it back into the phone.

Not all PC's have an SD reader slot. If your PC doesn't have an SD reader slot, you will have to get either an SD
card reader that plugs into your USB port OR get a micro USB data transfer cable for your phone (can be found
pretty cheaply on, say Amazon.com--search for LG GW300 usb cable). Once you know what you are looking for,
its easier to go to local stores and look for the same thing.
Its kinda good to know that in other countries the phone was called LG GW300 ... or at least a phone that looks
identical. Thats what I searched for to get the USB data cable I have.

However, it might be easier to get a card reader and since you'll want the micro SD card for your phone to store
the MP3's on, you can go that route.

I'm assuming you already have the MP3s on your PC. If not, you'll want to do a google search for MP3 downloads
to find good safe legal places to get them.

Other than that, KLM pretty much covered the bases, I think.

Let the forum folks know if you have any questions, or if you reach a point where you are not sure what to do next.

hombunz

I have an 8GB of memory in my phone but when I try to go to a link I get "insufficient memory". Unable to proceed.

What's up with that? :ermm:

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* hombunz .... information on the LG 900g pretty much states to only use up to a 4GB sd card.

* There seems to be lots of problems with people across the internet trying to use an sd card bigger than a 4GB.

* So I suggest to get a smaller sd card my friend, and that'll probably get rid of your problems.

* Ps: this information has also been talked about on the Main LG 900g Topic on here.
- Main Topic is called: LG 900g + Reviews + Pics ... look for it back in the Net10 forum.
- It would be best to look there first, for that is where all the action is .. ;)

TURK B-)

DBSinFL

hombunz, Also I am quoting from the 3/27 post from KLM (to whom the credit is due) on the 900G review topic.

"The browser has a web page/data size limit of 300k in size. You can't even visit most web sites with that.
So you need to obtain and install another capable browser like Opera Mini. "

I wasn't aware of the exact limit on the browser that came with the phone, but found that I couldn't load
weather.com in the native browser. I downloaded Opera Mini and Bolt lite and both were able to load
web pages that the original browser could not. ... Hope this helps.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

I just brought this phone a month ago and so far I love it. ... Tho, the only thing I don't like about it is the
default browser, it always logs me out due to insufficient memory even on some sites that are mobile enabled.

Quote:

As in post #26 of this thread, I mentioned what formats the LG900G is capable of. Unfortunately .WMA is not one of them.

It can play WMA, I just found that out when I played a song from a Micro SD Card.

KLM
Member Avatar

cutiegirl89- Looks like I made 2 typos. ... IT was post #26 and .WMV (is listed) does not play.

But I think it's great that you did try the format and it worked for you. Exploration on ones own is good!

To solve the memory error while browsing, yes that plagues a number of Tracfone/Net10 phones, not just this model.
Locate Opera mini and/or Bolt lite for a browser, drop them in your SD card and install. and you will be good to go!
Be sure to get the signed versions or else every time the browser does http access the phone will nag you.

Always something with Tracfone/Net - but it's the price we pay for no contract + cheap service. :)

Posted Image

Erica tingle

Can someone please help me? I purchased my lg 900g about a month ago,everything worked great.
I downloaded two new browsers from getjar.com (bolt lite and opera mini) both worked great but now
I can't download anything because my main browser won't let me access it. It tells me registered user
is not found.
Also, I can no longer receive picture messaging nor send them. :(
No one has any answers for me. Can someone please help. Thank you very much.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

Thanks KLM For the alternate browser suggestion, I tried opera and it works fine. :D

Erica tingle:

I purchased my lg 900g about a month ago and everything worked great.
I downloaded two new browsers from getjar.com (bolt lite and opera mini) both worked
great but now I cant download anything because my main browser wont let me access it.

Get a mirco sd card (either one with a usb adapter or a SD card adapter so you can put it into your PC) and
download the Jar file in to the card. And when you go on other files, you should see it there. :)

bmcgee420

Hello everyone!
I'm THRILLED to have finally found this forum! Not only am I fairly confident I'll find the help (or at least sympathy ;) ).
I seek, but I can tell already this is a friendly community. In spite of my lack of any abilities that one might refer to
as "skills", I none-the-less am an enthusiastic net and message board user, belong to several music-related boards,
and am a moderator at the official web board of a soon-to-be-famous young singer. I also designed and co-founded
another successful and thriving mes. brd. community in 09. My point is, the look and feel and good-natured
exchanges I've already read give a very familiar feel to this board regardless of the very different focuses of the two.

So, let me get to it!
A little less than a month ago I bought an LG 900G at Wal*Mart for $28. I spent more than 30 minutes talking with
the WM "associate" discussing various phones, brands, networks and price comparisons - both the initial cost of
the phones and the various options each company had to offer. I had just about made a decision when off to the
side about 10 yards away I spotted the Net10 display, off by itself!! I nearly didn't notice it at all....so in short order
I had looked over the phone and the plan options and went home w/ an LG 90g. Now, I've had a couple of crappy
low-end phones over the past few years, but this far exceeds anything I've had before.
The one immediately irritating negative was the sparse info in the so-called manual.

Here's what I need to know:

Being a Youtube addict, and using it constantly for music research and online PR, I find it aggravating that I can't
figure out how to get the 900G to play videos from YT. .... That's my main beef. I think (and hope) it's something
simple, an app, a dl, SOMEthing....

The other thing is.... I'd REALLY like to be able to use the 900G as a modem for my HP LT on the go.
I have a number of friends who do this with a variety of brands and configurations, but when I called
LG (or was it Tracphone?) I was told the 900g was not able to be used as a modem.
Maybe I'm stubborn, but I wasn't convinced, got a "I'm being blown off" impression of the IT geek on the phone.

So if anyone has a minute, the required knowledge, and hasn't been anyone's hero yet today, here's your chance.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, sympathy or good-natured razzing that may come my way.
I'm switching to Qwest DSL later in the week, and am personally "netless" at this moment, so I 'm going to post
one of my email addys if that's OK, to enable a more direct and efficient avenue of contact under my current
temporary conditions.

Over the past three weeks I've done multiple google searches using LG 900g and specific criteria, and found
quite a bit of conflicting and discouraging "info" ....I don't know how this forum escaped my notice until today,
but you guys are EXACTLY what I was looking for, and apparently more.

Thanks for providing this forum for people like myself who need a bit of a leg-up. I appreciate it!

Bobby
Des Moines, Iowa
My Webpage

Personal responses, if any, can be sent to:
[email protected]

electric

You guys have almost made me want to go to Net10 and get this phone (I am so easily persuaded).

If it wasn't for me either going to get Cricket or Virgin Mobile, I'd buy it, as it seems quite decent.

cutiegirl89
Member Avatar

I know that this phone can't stream youtube unfortunately, it doesn't have the hardware to do so.

And I don't know about the second question, sadly. :(

mharris127

America Movil (Tracfone, Net10, Safelink, Straight Talk) does not allow video on internet or tethering to a laptop in the US.
Even if you could, at a unit a minute it would cost $6 or so for each hour you were to use it like that (you might use
100mb tops in that time if it were possible). If you need that service, Virgin Mobile sells an internet stick, $20 for 1GB
over 30 days, $40 for 5GB over 30 days. The stick itself is about $80. No contracts, you pay in advance with your CC
or by purchasing a time card in Wal-Mart (also where you can buy the stick along with their website at:
www.virginmobileusa.com or at Best Buy). Check the website for service areas as well before you buy one.

mharris127

KLM
January 1, 2011, 12:30 am
Wow, this subject is getting a lot of views so far. A lot of folks must be wondering about the new LG 900G.
I've not had time to do a review of sorts like I did with my LG 420, but I have been gathering notes on my
LG 900 just in case I get into the review mode.
Actually I have not touched it in like 3 days. It's on, but not activated yep.

Well Turk, With you and I wondering why this phone is so cheap right off the bat, (problems?).
That is why I post as I do. I wanna know!

I can't believe the Samsung 355c runs more than the new LG 900G.
Maybe they think folks will pay more for CDMA based phones? Forgot to drop the price?

I like that everyone likes CDMA .... that leaves more channels open for me on GSM. :D

Turk

* Ps: ... KLM, you gonna take that "leap of faith" with me and go over to Net10 as well? (lol)

That may happen Turk. I like my outdated W260G just fine and I am a creature of habit. Up until a few days ago,
I would have said no, I'd not consider Net10 and that I'm just playing with the LG 900G 'just cause'.

But, I may be 'cutting the cord', and just reply on cell phone, which I use very little as well. If I do, I'd want to make
sure I have enough minutes for those times I might get stuck on hold ordering hardware, or 'eternal tech supporting'
as I like to call it by phone. So I have been thinking about the Net10 'Easy minutes' plan might do the trick.
Minutes supposedly carry over (I hope) and eventually pile up nicely just in case. I can see myself going to Net10
if or when I cut the cord, AND if I like the LG 900G and it's features. If not, the W260G and TF will be fine.

KLM
I know I am late to the punch, but the 200 and 500 minute "Easy Minutes" plans minutes do carry over from month to
month as long as you renew on time. I have mine set to renew about 19 days early so if something happens I can catch
it in time. I have been using the 200 minute EM plan for a few years now and have about 4000 minutes on my phone.

Please note that the 750 minute plan and the Unlimited plan wipe out any old minutes on the phone when you add
the card and the minutes you get from these plans DO NOT CARRY OVER, YOU DON'T USE THEM YOU LOSE THEM!!!
My sister found out the hard way. I recommend the 200/500 minute EM plans over the 750 and Unlimited plans for
most prepaid users because of this.

KLM
Member Avatar

Long live the Net10 Easy Minutes plans. That would be a bummer if it went away for lite-moderate users.

That's a good idea on setting the renewal period waaay early too.

mharris127

The standard code on BlueTooth headsets is also 0000.

(I have had three, all from different manufacturers with the same code)

I have read that some cars bluetooth attachments also default to 0000 as well.

big_lou

I bought a couple of LG 900G's almost 6 weeks ago to take advantage of Radio Shark's $29.99 price.

I don't need to activate them yet as my other carrier's contract plan still has a few more months until it expires.

Does Net10 impose a time limit on how long after the phone purchase it can be activated??

KLM
Member Avatar

There's no time limit on when you need to activate a phone after purchase.

Sooo.... Stock up and use 'em when you need 'em. :)

KLM

Leeeric

I bought my LG 900G with the Accessory Kit, it came with a 4GB sd card but I can't access it.

It's as if it's not even in my phone at all !! ... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much.

mharris127

Cavok7
March 8, 2011, 9:35 pm
KLM
March 4, 2011, 11:42 pm
Cavok7,

KLM
Hello and thank you. :-)

As an update, the email I sent in did get a response and more importantly, a different phone number to call:

1-888-251-8164.
For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:45 PM EST.

This is to their email support staff and I got a human immediately upon calling them. Long story short, after entering
a monsterous amount of codes into my new phone, the correct minutes and service end date appeared on my phone.
Now all I had to do was wait for the local provider to do the actual port. This took just about 72 hours and required me
to remove the battery and sim card while the phone was turned on. As soon as I reassembled it - Shazam! I had signal.

My new 8 gig microSD card also arrived today so in short order I had all the ring tones and wallpaper loaded.

In regards to your suggestions on having smaller minute totals before a port happens - not an option for me.
I rarely used my previous phone (LG200) but those pesky end of service dates came upon me rather quickly.
It did not take long to accumulate a 2000+ minute balance just to keep the service active.
I wish they would just let you buy service days.
For me something like a 300 minute 180 day card would be better suited for my usage. Oh well.

I tried getting Bolt going, but get the message Invalid descriptor? Any thoughts anyone on what I am doing wrong?

For me in my area, the FM radio works like a champ - very good sound and reception. :-)
If you ever use those Net10 minutes, PlatinumTel has a 90 day/200 minute (or 500 texts or a combination of)
option for $10, data is 10 cents a MB and may be used instead of or a mix with voice or text with the account
balance. However, you would need to buy a compatible phone.
PlatinumTel uses Sprint as its service, so make sure you would have signal where you need it (other prepay
users of Sprint are Boost, Virgin Mobile, Paylo). You would still build minutes at 600 a year used, but not as
fast as with Net10. PlatinumTel also has a better selection of phones, even BlackBerries.

I am in a similar situation as you, I have had a Net10 phone for years and it currently has over 4K minutes on it.
I renew it with the Easy Minutes plan at 200 minutes a month (the minimum) but also have a PlatinumTel Black
Berry (actually two). I usually carry the Net10 phone as it fits in my pocket and only carry the BlackBerry (which
will not fit in a pocket) as I need it.

mastershu

ok new dude here goes!! there is an app u can use to watch videos on the lg900 www.mobilerated.com has a JAVA app u can use to watch online vids they actually have a few to try!! but if ur a video freak the lg900 allows u to put REAL movies an stuff on them using avs video converter to which most if not all the new phones cant!! TO USE AS A MODEM is a lil tricky with any phone ...plug it up to ur comp wen u do it says mass storage or data-something lol the 2nd option shuld allow u to use it as a router!! as with all phone but iu mite need s specific windows/mac program for it to be recognised as such!!! ALL PHONES ARE PAIN IN THE BUTT its learning wat they can REALLY do thats the frustrating part lol my lg900 is by far nice nice an um ...oh yeah nice!! hope that helps

mastershu

to mharris the virgin mobile mifi sticks $0 for unlimited!!

$40 lol sorry.

mharris127

mastershu
April 24, 2011, 12:37 pm
to mharris the virgin mobile mifi sticks $0 for unlimited!!
$40 lol sorry.
You must be grandfathered on the old plan. For new customers it is unlimited technically but after 5GB the
account is throttled to almost dial-up speeds, that is why I consider it a 5GB account (unless you don't want
to watch videos or audio feeds). I don't have one to test that out, but it is right on their site and in a couple of
forums, so it should be well known.

ashnanana7

I just got the lg 900g for my birthday, so excited to try it out! I can't yet because I have no minutes yet. :(
It came with 10 minutes which is nothing, my mom got it somewhere for $40, I'm not sure where.
I was surprised because I didn't think my mom had the money to get me this.

My old phone was a Net10 LG also, didn't have a full keyboard, which I don't mind really because I'm normally
fast regardless of the keys, but there was something wrong with this phone, the keys constantly messed up.
I thought I'd be typing and have to hit buttons far to many times and it at times still wouldn't work.

Now I just zoom through texting! I can't wait to get minutes on it so I can text more, and call people.
I have had it since Friday and I'm so impatient to use it to it's full abilities!
I like the camera, I took a picture of my one-year old niece and it came out great!

lowcam

Hello, 1st time poster, I just bought this phone from KMart for $30 and it is a really nice phone!
I, like KLM, am not activating it right now as my tracfone still has minutes and days remaining.

My question I have is about video. As per post 44 by curstpriest it looks like this phone can play .MP4 encoded files.
I have encoded a movie like to curstpriest's suggestion (- Supports 3GP/MP4/H.264 (I can't get h.264 to work),
- 2 hour 17 min movie letterboxed @ 3GPP - MPEG-4, 512kbps, 320x240, 30fps @450 bitrate, mp3 22050/96kbps
stereo was only 460 MB). I converted a movie to .mp4 format and put the movie on the external storage.
When I play the movie the music seems to play smoothly but the video seems to stutter every few seconds.
I don't know if it is because I just haven't found the best settings for video yet or if my memory card is too slow to
process video (it is a level 4).

Any help would be appreciated ..... Thanks.

KLM
Member Avatar

Hello ashnanana7 and welcome to the Turk forums! Hang in there, minutes area commin' from some where!
Did a relative forget your birthday and don't know what to get ya? :D

lowcam, Welcome aboard too! I'm not into video processing myself.
I think it's impressive the 900G can attempt to play video as it does.

No one that I know of has gotten h.264 to work. But h.263 yes.
For a $30 phone, I would not expect a high definition video player. :D

What you are describing about the stuttering.
Try a frame rate of 15, and if that does not work, drop the quality back further? Just some things to try.

Good luck!

KLM

Muser

A soft pouch that should fit the LG 900G is available from CellularFactory this week only for 99 cents.
The coffee colored pouch is velvet-like with a soft inner lining. It's made for the iPhone 3GS which has
dimensions 4.5 x 2.4 x .48 inches, nearly identical to our phone.

You can find the offer at: CellularFactory.com/deals

The price should be good until May 7th. If you order, make sure the 99 cent price shows up in your shopping cart.
Then use coupon code 1XMNYB (that's a number 1 followed by letters) to get free shipping.

(I found this at dealnews.com)

CrazyOldMan14

Fatorder.com (http://fatorder.com/catalog/36) has silicon covers available for $4.99 in 5 colors.

For free shipping use promo code "lgfreeship" on check out through May 2, 2011.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tracfone & Net10 Phone Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.