Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.

* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 6 years in a row - Woooooooo!

* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.

* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.

* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!

* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Straight Talk phones coming?
Topic Started: February 27, 2011, 2:05 pm (84,040 Views)
spanieldoggy

Big news guys, I was looking around and I found tutorials for some new ST phones.
Here they are. (the tutorials don't have pics yet)

HTC tilt 2: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.

Blackberry Gemini 8520: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.

HTC A6366 (Kelpie) A6366: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.

HTC 8925 (Tilt): http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.

Samsung SGH-T155G: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.

(the last one has pics) :)

EDIT: if you replace the part of the web address that says "straighttalk" and type "net10" or "tracfone" ,
you'll see that these Phones might also come to Net10 and Tracfone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* spanieldoggy .... thanks for the phone information .... nice detective work there .. ;)

* That would be awesome if these phones do come out for Straight Talk, or even Net10, or Tracfone!

* I say ST will get them first, since they are great phones (minus the Samsung 155g) - and maybe Net10 to?

* I highly doubt Tracfone will get them ... and I wouldn't be surprised if they are only available for the Unlimited Cards.

* Anyways, I guess time will tell .... and it finally looks like ST/Net10/Trac are finally stepping into 2011. (lol)

HTC Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Saw this posted over on Straight Talk's Facebook discussion board.

"Gear-up for the 2011 with Straight Talk! Straight Talk will be coming out with a new phone!!
Yup we are giving our customers what they want with a 3G ENV Touch.
The new 3G ENV Touch will be coming out April 1st, 2011! 3G ENV Touch price is going for $249.99.
Keep checking back for more updates."

This was apparently posted by someone who works for Straight Talk, but I will take it with a grain of salt right now.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
After a little searching on ST's Facebook page, this rumor is false.

Apparently the poster was using a ST employee's name and posting false information.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... I wouldn't be surprised if Straight Talk would eventually came out with that type of phone.

* Straight Talk seems to be more competitive with the other prepaid companies, unlike Net10 and Tracfone.

* But we will see as time goes by .... as they say: "everything comes out in the wash".

* Ps: how did you find out that was me using a ST employee's name? .. ;) (lol)

ST Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
With the exception of the 155G, all the mentioned pages above have been removed from Straight Talk's site.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks for the update...

* Of course they were removed, they finally realized they were to nice of phones to be a part of Tracfone Inc. (lol)

* Nah, just kidding .... something tells me they'll be back in time .... I'm guessing in 2012! .... Wooooooooo! ;)

HTC B-)
HU
HR
HK

spanieldoggy

Kinda bummed out about that. :( .... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Seems the Net10 infomercial that showed the LG 501C was actually correct...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=722&cid=741652

http://img.deviceanywhere.com/tracfonev1/722/docs/manual.pdf

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper ... thanks man for the information ... looks to be the LG 500g's other half ... but not the better half.

* Isn't the LG 500g gonna have an MP3 player, video recorder and FM radio?

* From the tutorial in the link, the LG 501c looks to have non of that!? ... just a basic CDMA qwerty phone. :-/

* From the looks of it, it seems to be just like the LG 290c, but with a qwerty keyboard. :unsure:

* Hopefully the LG 501c makes it to Tracfone! (for the Love of Turk, give Tracfone users a qwerty phone already!!!)

Almighty Turk B-)

DBSinFL

I'm thinking that AT&T elimination of unlimited data plans for their contract customers will mean they will not
want an MVNO provider (Straight Talk) to offer unlimited data plans ... at least on phones that can really do
something with data access.

spanieldoggy

Has anyone else noticed that TF / Net10 / ST have been cutting corners with their cdma phones?

For example, the Samsung 451c is almost identical to the Samsung 401g, minus a few key features like video recording.
Also, the Samsung r335c is just a basic flip phone. They have really been pushing gsm handsets.

They have phones like the nokia e71 and 6790 and the lg 900. The upcoming phones (lg 800 and 500) are also gsm.
Cdma coverage is a lot better where I live, so I'm a little ticked off about this. On a positive note the LG 501c's manual
mentions gps signals.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* spanieldoggy .... I don't know about them "cutting corners" ... but it does seems the phones they pick favor GSM.

* Tracfone and Net10 have been favoring GSM phones for about 3-4 years now - and it looks like ST is next .. :ermm:

* The "story" seems to be that AT&T gives them a better deal, so they try and push the GSM phones more I guess.

* I bet if Tracfone could get away with it, they'd have all their phones on the AT&T network.

AT&Turk B-)

spanieldoggy

U.S. Cellular sells the LG 501c under the name "lg saber" for $10.

Also, Straight Talk has removed the "kelpie" model from it's search page.

Go to straighttalk.com, and search for htc. Only the "tilt" models remain.

The tutorials still don't work. :unsure:

Also, they have removed the blackberry from their search results page.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Samsung T-330G:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=726&cid=128018

Samsung T-528G (a 3G phone):
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?deviceId=725

Motorola EX124G:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=727&cid=128018

spanieldoggy

What can I say except ... Wow!

The Samsung t528g looks nice. I might even switch from Net10 to Straight Talk. (unless these phones come to Net10) :)

Thanks for the info Sweeper. ;)

spanieldoggy

Wow ... the Samsung t528g has a full browser, a first for any TF, Net10, or ST phone.

The Moto ex124g will have Java applications download, fm radio, and multitasking.

The Samsung t330g looks almost exactly like the t340g.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I actually believe that the Samsung 330G will replace the T-301G.

The Motorola has been seen on the Net10 infomercial.

The Samsung R810C has a full HTML browser as well.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Another perk of the Samsung 528G?

Click on "Browser and Content Download", then on "Access the Brower and check for conectivity" follow the
next step and click on the screen and you will be presented with a bunch of icons on the phone's screen.

Look on the lower left (above 'dial) and you will see an icon labled "WiFi" No idea if they are going to classify
it as a smart phone, but a feature phone with wifi would be fantastic. I can see this selling for $160 to $170.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper & spanieldoggy .... thanks you two for the new phone information.

* Ya, that Samsung 528g looks like a nice phone, especially if it has WIFI built in ... doubt it'll come to Net10 .. :ermm:

* The Moto ex124g is suppose to also come to Net10, we talked about this phone a little on it's own Net10 topic.

* That Samsung 330g is basically the same as the Samsung 340g that's also suppose to come to ST, what's up with that?

* Ps: I wish that Samsung r810c touchscreen phone would of made its way to Net10 ..... I'd buy it .. ;)

Touchscreen Turk B-)

spanieldoggy

Ok, I was at a radioshack yesterday and saw the samsung t249. This phone looks a lot like the t330g and the 340g

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
And now the Samsung 528G shows up on ST's activation page when you click "help".

Posted Image

spanieldoggy

If you look on trac's activation page, you will find the lg 800, 500, 501, samsung t 330, and the motorola ex 124g.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks for the update and picture .... I'd love to see that phone make it to Net10, but doubt it.

* spanieldoggy .... ya, I also saw those phones today on Tracfone.com (activation page).

* I see they are also listed on Net10.com (activation page).

* I believe they'll all come to Net10, but I am always leery about Tracfone and their "so called" new phones.

* In the past, Tracfone.com would always show the good phones coming, but in the end most of them never came?

* I hope they all do make it to Tracfone ... this way, it'd show Tracfone is making progress with their phones .. ;)

ST doesn't stand for Straight Talk - it stands for Super Turk! ... Woooooooooo! B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
I do believe that something is happening soon on the CDMA side of things. At my local Wal Mart, the R451C and R355C
now have clearance stickers (red) on the pegs that hold the phones. While the savings are not that great ($10 off), it does
lead me to believe that they are being moved out for different phones. We have not had any of the 290C for several months.

Posted Image

KLM
Member Avatar

^ ^ Wow, I'm shocked at the size of the 'Straight Talk' shelf space in your store.

In My local Wal-Mart, All of the Straight Talk, Net10, and Tracfones on hand could not fill that area shown above.

I have suspected- now, I know something is wrong with my Store.

Looks like will have to stay tuned to your store Sweeper to see what's up. :)

spanieldoggy

Yep, things are looking veeeeery good with TF/Net10/ST with the two new LG's (maybe on ST in the near future?)
and the Ex124g and samsung t528g.

Maybe (FINALLY!) they're realizing that more and more people want better phones.

Of course, thanks to TF's horrible webmastering, we always see a new phone on support pages a half year
before it comes out. ;)

KLM - you should see my Walmart. We have a shelf like that but twice as big with TF and ST phones on it, with a proper
display, and one aisle has additional TF handsets, usually 2 Net10's, 2 or 3 TF's, and maybe 4 or 5 more ST phones.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Nokia E5 coming soon...

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks for both pictures above, the Walmart one and the Straight Talk one.

* All those CDMA ST phones are also on sale at all my Walmarts I saw over the last week or so.

* That's a nice phone (I must say) coming to Straight Talk (Nokia E5) ... another awesome GSM phone?!

* Here's a thought, maybe Straight Talk is gonna stop selling CDMA phones and go all GSM?

* Maybe that is why Walmart put all those CDMA phones on sale - and that's why only GSM phones are coming out?

* I hope not, but it sure seems that way ... and it wouldn't surprise me ... just a thought I'm throwing out there .. ;)

Turk B-) Talk

spanieldoggy

It looks like they are clearing out the website too:

Link: http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirect/straighttalk/

1 phone is free (with service card)
3 phones are $10 (with service card)
2 phones are 20 dollars (with service card)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Those are reconditioned phones and have always been cheap.

I have noticed a price drop on most, except for the Nokias, Straight Talk phones on WalMart's website.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... this is off topic .... all your pictures you posted are not showing up anymore on the Forums?

* I don't know if anyone else noticed this or can see this also? .... can you see this problem to, Sweeper?

* I don't know if something is wrong with your online photo album account - or with Zetaboards?

* There are small pictures that say: Bandwidth Exceeded (Photobucket) upgrade to Pro today!

* Just wanted to bring this to attention, and maybe it can be fixed on your side, Sweeper .... thanks .. ;)

Turk B-)

spanieldoggy

I found a few FCC documents for the Nokia E5.

Here are some pictures: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1380609

spanieldoggy

The LG 501c has been released for Virgin Mobile under the name LG 200 ... Price is $69.99.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
LG 511C:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?deviceId=736&locale=en_US&search

Samsung R375C:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?deviceId=737&locale=en_US&search

Looking at the user guide for the 511C, it appears to have a slide out QWERTY keyboard and has EVDO (3G).
This is basically the LG Rumor Touch.

spanieldoggy

ST's facebook page has a picture of a Nokia e72:

www.facebook.com/photopage/nokiae72

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper & spanieldoggy .... thanks you two for the latest Straight Talk phone updates.

* Ya, that LG 511c is pretty much the LG Rumor Touch phone ... something tells me it won't make it to Net10.

* That Samsung r375c is basically the Samsung Freeform 2 that was out for Metro-PCS last year.

* Link: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2777 (<-- SS Freeform 2)

* This phone should make it to Net10 and maybe even Tracfone (I hope!) - it's the newer version of the Samsung Freeform.

* And the Samsung Freeform is basically the Samsung r355c (my phone) that is out for Net10 & Straight Talk.

* If the Samsung r375c (Freeform 2) comes to Net10, I won't update to it ... but if it comes to Tracfone, I'd get it. ;)

Turkform 3

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The tutorial for the new Nokia E5 is now up on Straight Talk's site...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=STNKE5G&locale=en_US

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The new Samsung T-528G now appears on Samsung's site...

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-T528DBATFN

No physical keyboard, though.

spanieldoggy

A Samsung t245g is showing up here:

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=738&cid=1362591

Not very impressive. :-/

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Posted Image

Kelisreal

I really want the LG 511c ... GSM phones don't work mainly where I live.

Tracfancier

Kelisreal
July 27, 2011, 1:06 pm
The LG 511C has already acquired a "permanent" tutorial`s URL and word is that it will be available in August.

Kelisreal

Tracfancier
July 27, 2011, 6:24 pm
Kelisreal
July 27, 2011, 1:06 pm
The LG 511C has already acquired a "permanent" tutorial`s URL and word is that it will be available in August.
That's great! ... It's about time they get a good CDMA handset! ... I will definitely be buying it!

Kelisreal

When you click on the LG 511c's tutorial the Motorola 124g's tutorial shows up?

And the 375c's link shows the 528g ... what does this mean??

KLM
Member Avatar

For new phones that are not released yet, we often see strange things on web pages intended for them as you noticed.
Sometimes they completely disappear and come back later... They are 'working on it'. :)
They usually straighten out after a bit... Keep checking the page.

The Sweeper usually finds these not quite ready pages that pop up first, and gives us the heads up here on
Turk Forums that something new is about to come out.

KLM

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The new LG 505C...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/searchresults.seam?deviceId=746&locale=en_US&search

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the new phone information...

* Well, what can I say about this phone ... hmmm ... looks like a cheaper version of the LG 511c mentioned up above.

* It's ok I guess, and at least it's CDMA (gotta love that!) ... I see no reason why it wouldn't make it to at least Net10?

* This phone looks a lot like a phone I see in Walmarts on display for contracts phones .. but can't think of it now. :unsure:

* Anyway, it's CDMA, touch screen, qwerty keyboard, camera, MP3, etc, ... so who knows, might be a good one. ;)

T + U + R + K = B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Turk, I actually think it would be headed to Trac and/or Net10.

This is very similar to the LG Cosmos Touch, and does not appear to have EVDO (CDMA's 3G), and it also
has a section of the tutorial that talks about "Get Pending Minutes", which I do not think Straight Talk has.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
The Sweeper:

Turk, I actually think it would be headed to Trac and/or Net10.
* Sweeper .... I think you are correct ... and I hope you are correct. (lol)

* From the way the tutorial shows the minute display and other stuff, it looks like a Tracfone alright.

* Yes, the LG Cosmos Touch was the phone I was talking about that I said "looked like another phone at Walmarts".

* From doing some searching, this phone is also called the LG Attune ... and it seems to be a nice CDMA phone.

* So I guess time will tell who it comes out for ... and I guess we'll just have to wait and see .... thanks .. ;)

LG Atturk B-)

cdmccul

I need to get a new phone (new service) because I just moved from a GSM area to a CDMA area and I can't
STAND CDMA phones, especially those from ST - but the rumors of new ST phones has me drooling -- and
biding my time.

I'm used to a 'cooked' HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt, but more functional) - and 'cooked' means it has a custom OS.
Anyway, I'm looking for an app capable phone - I know the GSM offerings from ST are great - just sitting on
my hands till the CDMAs come in.

Anyway, I just went and looked at ST site - and the phone line up has changed - they removed the reconditioned
451, but the "TurkBerry" is still there...

Looks like they have added some new services too - international calling, one year plans - basically a month free
if you pre-pay a year, service plans, auto-refill, etc.... stuff that is new to me anyway!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
If this is true, hell will have frozen over for good.

The Samsung Galaxy Precedent Android phone, allegedly coming in September for $150?
I’d like to say it’s fake, but the ugly American Movil logo is on the phone.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkicct_android-will-be-arriving

d4kc9
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
August 13, 2011, 3:10 pm
If this is true, hell will have frozen over for good.

The Samsung Galaxy Precedent Android phone, allegedly coming in September for $150?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkicct_android-will-be-arriving
Great find Sweeper, this will change everything...

I noticed the logo was just a sticker... but in any case, I wonder how this person got the video to upload it?

cdmccul

THAT is what I'm waiting for!

THANK YOU!

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
The Sweeper:

* FAKE! .. FAKE! .. FAKE! ... this is as fake as all those Youtube videos of people shooting basketballs from high buildings. (lol)

* No, I don't know if it's fake or not, I was just kidding ... but, why is it only $150 when the Nokia's are $200? (hmmmm) :huh:

* If it does come out for ST, then we all know it'll come out for Tracfone to, right? (just kidding again, but I can dream can't I?) ;)

Turkdroid B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Could this be substantial proof of an Android coming to Straight Talk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICKAmYOYHns&feature=related

Kelisreal

I bet that Android would be on the GSM network, if it's real...

cdmccul

I tend to agree -- the other big phone news is always on the GSM side of things -- and with AT&T and T-Mobile
(yes, I know they are set to join) offering basically the same plans for $50 a month, I see no advantage to go with
straight talk any more - UNLESS THEY BRING OUT CDMA OFFERINGS. GSM in my area is NOT native coverage -
and therefore is not rated clear signal in buildings - I know for a fact that GSM won't work in my building at work, nore
in MOST of my home.

Tracfancier

Did the ST Video ad NOT mention with features that you could talk and surf at the same time,
because you cannot with CDMA (Sprint) ???

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Well, from the beginning I never assumed this phone would be a CDMA phone ... and I'd be shocked if it was.

* Just like everyone else, I feel the good/cool ST phones will always be on AT&T, and the decent phones on Verizon.

* So if I were a betting man, I bet all my money this phone is gonna be a GSM phone .. ;)

Always bet on Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Looks to be a CDMA phone according to the model number (Samsung m828c).

Posted Image

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Rumor has it (from the 'other' forum) that the LG 511C will be available from ST's website next Friday (August 28th).
No price was mentioned.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper Man (<-- get it?, Super Man?)(lol) .... anyway, thanks for the info above about both phones.

* I hear rumors that the Samsung touchscreen is maybe gonna be on Sprint? ... wow, who would of thought?

* If this is true, and Straight Talk is now joining Sprint to have them make their cool CDMA phones...
- does this mean their relationship with Verizon is maybe coming to an end?

* If ST does join Sprint, does this mean Tracfones and Net10 phones may be next to work off of Sprint?

* If Tracfone Inc. decides to drop Verizon and replace them with Sprint for their CDMA phones, I'll scream!!! (lol)

* Sprint coverage is kind of crap around here ... a lot worse than AT&T and just a little above T-Mobile.. :-/

* PS: I hope that LG 511c makes its way to Net10 and/or Tracfone, that would be great, I'd maybe get it.. ;)

Super Turk B-)

d4kc9
Member Avatar

It's doesn't surprise me that the phone is CDMA, after all the problems they have had with SIM cards...

cdmccul

Well, I live in a CDMA only network area - and I used to live in a heavy GSM area - the phone is not listed
as available in the CDMA zipcodes, but is listed as available in the GSM zipcode soon...

So, I'm not holding my breath... bummer.

Tracfancier

http://www.phonenews.com/straight-talk-announces-samsung-galaxy

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Tracfancier .... thanks for the article/link about this phone.

* This part of the article makes me laugh:
Quote:

The phone will also usher in a new deal with Sprint to offer service for the phone after
its previous agreement with Verizon has been scaled back to entry level phones.
* Agreement with Verizon has been scaled back to entry level phones?!?!

* Weren't we always getting (Verizon) entry level phones before? (lol)

* Now I'm really worried about what kind of CDMA (Verizon) phones we're gonna see now?! :'(

* How about the new: Kyocera k126c II ... Nokia 2126c II ... Motorola v60c II (now with a colored screen!)(lol) ;)

B-) TURK II

cdmccul

So, is Sprint just a CDMA service now? .... Are they the same thing as Verizon for what towers they use?

If I got one of those phones, being a 'C' model phone, would I be able to use them in a non-Sprint covered
market, do you think?

Tracfancier

Here in lies the bad news (how unlimited will be limited) if this is credible Info:

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/08/22/straight-talk-offer-their-first

1xRTT is max. 144 Kbps, but typically 60-80 Kbps = 2.5G.

So why not on Verizon, since this is not a data hog speed that many speculate Verizon objects to putting
on their network? ... This offering will not cause the mass defection of Verizon Contract Customers.

KLM
Member Avatar

Wow, what are they trying to feed us prepaid users? Thanks Tracfancier for the article link. Good heads up.
1xRTT speeds? These folks just aren't serious... GSM Edge can be faster than that. -sigh-

I have the Optimus V which as a 3.2" screen and 512MB of memory, and I love it. But realize such a small screen
could be an issue for some, (depending on the app) and 384MB (or 512 even) could be a problem at times for
most folks... Add a few dozen apps (that is not really a lot) and you will get low memory errors galore.

I'm with Turk on the entry level Verizon phones already... Maybe, we have not really seen what 'entry level' is like!

cdmccul

It is now available!

http://preorder.straighttalkandroid.com/

Tracfancier

New Straight Talk coverage maps (4).

Appears they ran out of green ink before they could fill in the CDMA-S (Android) map.

http://www.straighttalk.com/Coverage

cdmccul

Well, that blows... Looks like I'll have to try to cancel and get a refund.

DoctorM
Member Avatar

Just got my Samsung Galaxy Precedent pre-order offer at $150 -- available in my zip.
This phone is only for the $45, 30-day unlimited plan, not the $30, 30 day all-you-need plan.
Very tempting - a real smart phone, android powered, with over 150,000 apps and counting.

Hmmm, My wife has been eyeing my TracFone Moto EX124G...
I could give it to her and get myself the Galaxy Precedent.

cdmccul

I'm on the phone right now with customer service - I do not understand what is taking so long to process a refund,
but I am patiently waiting. I've been on hold for almost 20 minutes now, and she's had to ask for my last four of my
credit card number 3 times... But, at least I'm in process...

VERY disappointed... I can't use it in my native network...

Tracfancier

The market area designation for the Android is GSM4SPR.

The ST Android does NOT roam, you have only the basic Sprint coverage.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* ATTENTION EVERYONE...

* A new Topic was started up on here for the new Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent phone.

* So from now on, please post all information on this new phone under its own Topic on here, thanks.

* PS: I took a few posts from this thread and put them under the new Topic for this phone, as well. ;)

Turk B-)

spanieldoggy

The LG 505c is now on Net10's activation page.

Kelisreal

I've ordered the LG 511c!

I hope that I won't be disappointed! .. But I don't think I will !!

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The Samsung R455C also shows up on both Trac & Net10's sites.

Posted Image

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
sarahsoggie:

What's the next new Straight Talk phone that will be coming out that will not be on the Sprint network?
* sarahsoggie ... hi ... well, according to Straight Talk's website, it looks like 5 new phones are coming soon...

> Motorola ex124g (GSM) (coming soon)
> LG 511c (CDMA - Verizon) (already out)
> LG 221c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)
> Samsung r455c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)
> Samsung r375c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)

* These 5 new phones appear in the picture posted above by The Sweeper as well.. ;)

Turk B-) Talk

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

Turk
November 16, 2011, 1:05 am
sarahsoggie:

What's the next new Straight Talk phone that will be coming out that will not be on the Sprint network?
* sarahsoggie ... hi ... well, according to Straight Talk's website, it looks like 5 new phones are coming soon...

> Motorola ex124g (GSM) (coming soon)
> LG 511c (CDMA - Verizon) (already out)
> LG 221c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)
> Samsung r455c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)
> Samsung r375c (CDMA - Verizon) (coming soon)

* These 5 new phones appear in the picture posted above by The Sweeper as well.. ;)

Turk B-) Talk
I like the Samsung SCH-R375C ... I might get that phone when it comes out.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Straight Talk phones, Samsung R375C ($70) and the LG 221C ($40) have shown up for sale on Wal Mart’s website:

LG 221C
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-STLG221CPWP/19226843

Samsung R375C
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-STSAR375CPWP/19226847

I still believe that the R375C will be part of Wal Mart's Black Friday deal in CDMA markets.

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
November 20, 2011, 9:45 am
Straight Talk phones, Samsung R375C ($70) and the LG 221C ($40) have shown up for sale on Wal Mart’s website:

LG 221C
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-STLG221CPWP/19226843

Samsung R375C
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-STSAR375CPWP/19226847

I still believe that the R375C will be part of Wal Mart's Black Friday deal in CDMA markets.
That's not a bad price for that Samsung phone.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Holy crap! The Optimus Black also shows up on Net10’s activations page. The 2X is a GSM phone.
Wonder what the new plans are now…

Posted Image

spanieldoggy

LG says that the Optimus Black will be upgraded to android 4.0 soon.

Would be nice to have such a current, high end phone on Straight Talk.

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Thanks guys for the new info....

* The LG Optimus 2X is GSM?! ... that's cool ... maybe AT&T / T-Mobile finally gave in?

* These new phones are probably to be used with the unlimited cards, as usual...

* But wouldn't it be great if the LG Optimus Black on Net10 would use the standard airtime cards! (I'd buy one!)

* All this Android talk over shadowed the poor little Nokia C3G phone also shown (poor little guy - we see you too).

* Come on everyone, let's give the Nokia C3G some love... (lol) ;)

AT&Turk B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Turk, I did see the C3 .... I’d be a little more excited if I knew which version they were going to release.
7-11 Canada has a version that has wifi aboard and AT&T had a version for their Go Phone users that
did not have the wifi... If I had to bet, I’d say the AT&T version will be coming...

Turk
Member Avatar
TuRk WoRld OrdEr
* Sweeper .... awwww, don't tell me it's that blue AT&T go phone I see at Walmarts and Targets?

* If it is, I kind of don't care for it, for some reason ... I think it's the long design of it I don't like.

* Well, knowing Tracfone Inc... it probably is the non-WiFi version.. :ermm:

* PS: no love from Turk on this phone. (lol) ;)

TurkFi B-)

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
A little research shows that the Optimus Black is labled "LG L85C" on Net10's site, so it looks to be CDMA and Sprint,
so odds are that's what Straight Talk's version will be as well.

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
December 13, 2011, 8:03 pm
A little research shows that the Optimus Black is labled "LG L85C" on Net10's site, so it looks to be CDMA and Sprint,
so odds are that's what Straight Talk's version will be as well.
I think it will be on Sprint prepaid network.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The Samsung R455C tutorial is now live...

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
LG Optimus Black tutorial is up now as well...

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
LG Optimus 2X tutorial is up (LG 95G)...

spanieldoggy

It is worth mentioning that the 2X has 4G connectivity.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
Look for the Optimus Black to be in the $250 to $280 range.

Boost Mobile has announced the LG Marquee (In essence, the Black) for $280.

Straight Talk’s Android prices have been the same if not a little less than Sprint prepaid division’s prices.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The LG Optimus 2X is on the page so you can input your ZIP and see if it works in your area.

http://reserve.straighttalkandroid.com/

Also, it's shown with the $45 all included plan.

buckeyegurl86
Member Avatar

The Sweeper
January 16, 2012, 12:54 pm
The LG Optimus 2X is on the page so you can input your ZIP and see if it works in your area.

http://reserve.straighttalkandroid.com/

Also, it's shown with the $45 all included plan.
I just seen that on straight talk fb page yesterday.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The LG Optimus 2X has been removed from the reserve page probably so they can remove the mentioning
of "LTE" which the 2X does not have.

The Sweeper
Bad To The Bone.
The reserve page has been corrected and the 2X has reappeared.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Straight Talk only Topics Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2009-2014 Turk • Turk Forums. All Rights Reserved.