|* Welcome to Turk Forums -- the #1 TracFone & Net10 Forum in the World.|
* This is also the Official Site of the World Famous Holy Scroll of Promotion Codes.
.. the #1 Tracfone Promotion Code List on the internet - 5 years in a row - Woooooooo!
* You are viewing this Forum as a Non-Member -- this means you have Limited Access
.. to some areas of the board -- and there are No Features that you can see or use here.
* However -- by signing up -- you'll be able to witness the Holy Scroll in all its Glory!
.. and you will have access to all the Members Only sections of the Forums as well.
* Once inside, you can use all the Member only features such as Posting in the Forums,
.. using Promo Codes from the Holy Scroll, customizing your Profile, and so much more!
* So what are you waiting for?! - Registration is very simple - fast - and completely Free!
.. if you're already a true Turkamaniac - just Log on in to have access to all the Forums.
|New Straight Talk Smartphones?|
|Topic Started: September 3, 2010, 4:51 pm (13,576 Views)|
|The Sweeper||September 3, 2010, 4:51 pm Post #1|
Bad To The Bone.
I was over on Straight Talk's site this morning when I found 4 more possible phones that are heading to ST...
The 2 Nokia phones caught my eye. The E71G is a Smartphone with a QWERTY keypad and the other one, from what
I could find, is the Surge that AT&T carried. While I cannot guarantee that these will come out for Straight Talk, but if
they do, they could be a game changer as both Nokia phones are 3G phones.
|Turk||September 4, 2010, 12:50 am Post #2|
Turk is the Man!
* Sweeper ... thanks man for the ST phone information ... yep, more awesome phones going to Straight Talk ..
* All the bottom phones listed on your picture are all new phones - and are all GSM phones?
> Samsung t404g: probably looks a lot like the Samsung t401g that's out now.
> Motorola w418g: that's the phone you listed awhile back in the Tracfone/Net10 Forum.
> Nokia 6790g: if you Google this phone, pictures show it looks similar to a iPhone with a slide out keyboard.
> Nokia e71g: if you Google this phone, pictures show it looks similar to a Blackberry.
* Yes, all cool looking phones .... ST is really kicking butt now .... wish Tracfone would kick some butt! (lol)
ST = Super Turk
|KLM||September 4, 2010, 3:16 pm Post #3|
Good post Sweeper.
IF (have to make a big IF) ST does begin selling the Nokia 6790G AND does not strip down the phone features,
here's the specs.
|mharris127||September 14, 2010, 1:03 am Post #4|
I also wish that Tracfone would get the better phones as well as Net10 ... admittedly Net10 has a better selection
than Tracfone, but still no Nokia smart phones on either.
|mharris127||September 22, 2010, 9:37 pm Post #5|
In another thread here it is mentioned in the fine print of a posted promotional piece that Net10 may be getting a smartphone.
If so, I hope it is a BlackBerry. I have two on PlatinumTel and I really like them - especially the one with a full keyboard.
I know some would prefer an Android, but I think I like a physical keyboard better than a touch screen.
I think they could get $35 a month with full push e-mail services, unlimited web and 750 minutes a month.
|The Sweeper||October 13, 2010, 11:17 am Post #6|
Bad To The Bone.
The 2 Nokia phone have reappeared on Straight Talk’s site, but without pics still. In addition, there are others,
minus the Samsung T-408G.
LG 231C. A CDMA phone with a camera.
LG 900G. MP3 player phone.
No pages appear for the 2 Nokia phones, as of yet.
|Turk||October 14, 2010, 12:34 am Post #7|
Turk is the Man!
* Sweeper .... thanks man for the information .... I knew it was a matter of time before some new phones showed up.
* The LG 231c is also now listed on Tracfone.com (under downloading Information - if that means anything?)
* I googled this phone and here is the outside picture of it: LG 231c picture link
* It's pretty much the LG 220C that's out now for Tracfone/Net10/ST ... but has a VGA camera and it's black.
* Wouldn't be surprised if it also came to Tracfone and Net10 .... must say, not a bad little CDMA phone.
* That Samsung T-255G looks just like the Samsung 201g that's out for Net10, but has a camera as well.
* The LG 900g looks kind of cool and goofy at the same time. (lol)
* I googled this phone also and here is some Pics/Information on it - scroll down the page alitte: LG 900G picture link
* Yes, things are starting to heat up again! ..
|The Sweeper||October 14, 2010, 11:13 am Post #8|
Bad To The Bone.
The LG 231C now appears on Tracfone’s & Net10’s site if you go through the “Activate phone” process from the main page.
The LG 900G and a Samsung phone (could be the 255G, graphic shows “R355C”, which is incorrect.) appear on Net’s site.
|KLM||October 14, 2010, 9:29 pm Post #9|
Looking over the models Sweeper listed. Then I went to work. I know some of this is a bit heavy but it may be an
insight to what this phone can handle (unless things get stripped down).
That LG 900G appears to have a 2 megapixel camera capture setting but I believe that this may be a 'digital zoom'
value and that it really has a 1.3mp camera. (Time will tell), 15mb user available internal memory, does FM, MP3,
external memory, USB cable transfer, and more of course... The main menu screen appears to have the same 9
icons like previous phones plus 3 more. But the other three were usually grouped under some other menu.
I sniffed a user agent profile of an LG900G and came up with some features the unit advertises is capable of,
but not necessarily have (I've noticed many types of phones send out false advertisement).
Of those: 320x240 screen 16bit color, Web- HTML (v4), HXTML (v1), frame support, and shockwave flash -
(better browsing capabilities). GPRS and EDGE data. Browser is Teleca version Q7.1 Web security - WTLS-1
WTLS-2 WTLS-3 SSL3.0 TLS1.0
At least some DRM stuff, like forward lock, DRM message, OMA Download. Fear not, (just yet) they may simply
use this to ensure what you are acquiring safely to your phone and send some kind of acknowledgment back to
the download site.
Some sort of e-mail capability.
When sending multimedia SMS- 307,200 byte limit, and and image no larger than 1280x960.
Sounds- AMR, iMelody, MP3, audio MP4, 3GPP, audio WMA, audio ASF, audio ACC.
Video- video 3gpp, H264, H.263, H.263-2000 (mpeg4 part 2).
Images- .BMP, .JPG .PNG .GIF
Java platform profile - Profile/MIDP-2.1, Configuration/CLDC-1.1, Java virtual machine is aromaMVM/2.0.2,
Java packages jsr-139 jsr-118 jsr-75 jsr-135 jsr-184 jsr-205 jsr-226 jsr-185. (missing the really cool smart
phone ones like support for an accelerometer).
Hmmm... If it ever comes to Tracfone I may have to get one to see if I can go further with it exploration wise than
I did with my my LG 420G!
|The Sweeper||October 20, 2010, 1:43 pm Post #10|
Bad To The Bone.
On this edition of "Hell Freezes Over", Straight Talk's site has listed the Nokia E71 and the Nokia 6790, along with the Samsung T-255G.
|KLM||October 20, 2010, 8:23 pm Post #11|
No wonder why it was chilly in here!
Some decent review links for both smartphones Sweeper listed. Worth a read.
Nokia Surge 6790
Good scouting Sweeper!
|Turk||October 21, 2010, 12:26 am Post #12|
Turk is the Man!
* Sweeper .... thanks man for this information on these new, upcoming phones ... and thanks KLM for your Info to.
* I know theses phones are not coming to Tracfone - just wondering if Net10 will get either of these two new phones as well?
* I really hope so .... cause I am leaning towards going over to Net10 at the end of this year, maybe.
* But first, it all depends on what comes out for Tracfone in the next few months.
* I have 105 minutes and 7 months of service left on my LG 290c ... and I am not adding anymore until I see what phones arrive.
* Ps: ... when it gets closer to these phones showing up, I guess make up a new Topic on them ... thanks ..
|KLM||October 21, 2010, 11:24 am Post #13|
I laughed (as well as I could) on your 'count down'. My 410 has 17 minutes and 82 days of research air time left,
and my trusty W260G also has 105 minutes @ 58 days left. I have a 6 minute airtime card I have not used and I
to am waiting to see what else comes along before I use the card. Okay Tracfone- we're all waiting - apparently.
That sounds about right. Topic of TF family smart phones, once they materialize. I'm sure it will bet a big hit.
I like what I read about that Nokia E71. The price listed is about right as well, plus they give you a months worth
of service as show in the the pic that The Sweeper provided... I noticed it is the more expensive service... I hope
that is not a requirement to getting a smartphone. Oh wait, I just looked at the image again...This phone requires
the $45 plan. Welp, that is about inline with other companies. No contract with ST though. You buy the phone up
front and hope it is not defective or too glitchy like other TF offerings now and then.
As little as I use a cellphone, I dunno if I would leap to a ST plan. Would be nice if it came to TF.
But then one would get hooked on internet use, and then TF data rates would be costly. Oh the dilemma!
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Straight Talk only Topics Forum · Next Topic »|