Tiberius Galaxy Announcements
|1. Respect all members. Everyone here is Human, or possibly a relative of Dr. Kelso from Scrubs, but that's beside the point. We will not tolerate discrimination. This includes, but is in no way limited to:
In order to combat this, we do recommend careful wording. Simply saying "I believe" can completely change your post from a negative to a positive tone.
2. In the board please keep swearing limited. We don't mind the occasional swear word, but if someone complains or the Administration finds it offensive, you will be asked to tone it down. However you can use full swearing in your posts if you put up a +18 warning in your topic description.
3. No God Modding (also known, although rarely, as Powerplaying or Powergaming). This means you cannot dictate what happens to another character or any of that member's named NPCs. For example, in combat, this is a good post:
This is a bad post and an example of god-modding:
Actually stating something happened to a character without their permission is god-modding. Likewise for killing a character. This rule applies to name NPCs. If you and the other member have already agreed that something will happen to them in your post however is allowed, provided you clearly state you have permission.
4. A: No illegal content nor pornography. These not only violate our rules but InvisionFree's term of service. We are not responsible for the content of your posts. We will immediately delete any messages and accounts responsible for posting illegal content or pronographic content, visual or textual.
B:However, sexual encounters and such like ARE allowed in RP only. Just make sure you throw up a +18 warning in the topic description.
5. The first post counts. Following posts that disagree with the first post are invalid. Remember to allow fellow roleplayers to respond to an action before creating more action.
6. Keep true to the power level and limitations of your character.
7. When speaking out of character use "OOC: (What you want to say)". OOC stands for "Out Of Character". It is usually advised that these messages only be at the beginning and end of a post, to allow for easy reading. You may also use "((message here))", but only in the main bulk of a post. Otherwise, the prefix "OOC:" must be used.
8. When making a post, always post in the third person, and in story format.
I will also accept it if you prefer to skip a line before having someone talk, and place their name before the speech.
9. Keep true to your character's knowledge. A Saiyan warrior will not know what an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer is.
10. No OOC argueing on the in-character forums. Likewise, if anything gets out of hand on IC or OOC forums, all parties will be appropiately punished. If you have a serious complaint, contact Carlisle/Lethler.
11. No hacking accounts or impersonating other members.
12. Posting | It isn't too hard to post. You type what you have to do or say and send it right? Right, but if you want to be serious and look like a 'professional' player then you can follow these guidelines:
• Neatness - Is your post neat or is it messy? You be the judge.
• Good Grammar - Are you spelling your words right? Do you have good sentence structure? Do you remember to capitalize and use punctuation? Do you use paragraphs or do you just run on?
This rule is not punishable, and is more or less a guideline. We will however punish members who simply refuse to make any kind of effort in their posts. Using text talk, "L337", failing to use stops and failing to paragraph where appropiate are all punishable.
13. God Modding | Well we don't want nobody to be over powered and think they can control other characters. This rule stops it from happening by saying that you can't take over another persons character without their permission.
Power Gaming - This God-Mode is perhaps the most obvious of any of them. It is the use of massively overpowered abilities, or abilities used over unrealistic time spans. It can be split into the following:
Overpowered Abilities - An Overpowered Ability is exactly what it sounds like; an ability with far too much power. It can also be doing a task far beyond the physical or mental capabilities of your character. These are generally abilities that are nearly, if not impossible to survive if targeted by one.
Global-Scale Abilities - This form of power gaming involves abilities that affect a ridiculously large area, such as wiping out all life on a planet, or creating cloud cover over its entire surface.
Invulnerability - This form of PGing is the use of a character that is never hit by attacks, or never affected by them when they hit. It is essentially the use of a God, and let's face it; everyone runs out of luck eventually.
Omniscense - This God-Mode is essentially the mental side of the Power Game. It involves a character possessing more knowledge than they have obtained ICly. Omniscense can be split into these groups:
OOC Knowledge - Out of Character/Context knowledge is knowledge that the rper may have, but the character does not. An example would be: <<You are fighting a character yours has never fought before. You look at his character sheet, and discover the character has an irrational fear of pork products. Conveniently, your character is carrying two raw hams when the time comes to fight.>>. That example is a bit off the wall, but certain sets of things should not be mixed; one of them is IC and OOC knowledge.
Mind Reading - Your character does not hear other peoples thoughts (well, they might, but they shouldn't). Things posted as thought should not be used as IC knowledge. For example, if Jack thinks about treachery, don't have your character yell "TRAITOR!" and jump at him, as s/he doesn't know that the other character is thinking about treachery.
Far sight - When another character is halfway across the Galaxy, chances are, you don't know what's happening to them. If they are in trouble, try to avoid immediately jumping into action to go save the day, as there isn't really a basis for it. As stated above, keep OOC and IC knowledge separate.
14. Your character can be in multiple places at once as long as the role-plays don't intertwine with each other. ex. If you learn something in one Role Play, you cant use the information in a previously started RP.
15. SPAMMING is one of the worst things you can to lose out on all the action in a forum.
THIS IS SPAM:
That is considered SPAM, You must have at least 20 characters in your post, discounting spaces.
16. Your signature mustn’t be too big and mess up forum display, if we find you doing this on purpose, you will get a straight Warning. Failure to comply with this rule will result in PM warning, then a board warning, with editing of signature. If you keep putting your signature over this limit, punishment may result in ban.
17. No characters that are Gods or have a seemingly unbeatable amount of power. No super weapons or ultimate powers and abilities. We also do not allow ships that are considered bigger than normal capital ships. If you have a serious complaint and good reasoning to back it up, contact Grimm.
18. We are a 16 plus rated board so any content appropriate to that age group can be posted, this includes mild swearing. However you can put up 18 plus rated content as long as you put a warning in the topic description. If this warning isn't put on serious action will be taken. If you're not sure whether content needs to have a warning send a PM to an admin for advice.
BREAKING ANY OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN
1. A WARNING THE FIRST TIME
2. SUSPENSION THE SECOND TIME
3. PERMANENT BAN THE THIRD TIME
NOTE: There are a couple of rules that will result in instant Banning. These Rules are:
Rules are subject to change at Administrators Discretion.
|1:35 AM May 22|