Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Commend A Mean Old Man
Topic Started: Dec 8 2010, 03:16 AM (595 Views)
Mahaj
Member Avatar

So I had gotten permission for this, so I'll give it a shot:

BTW, Unibot also gave me THIS: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=2031865#p2031865

Anyway, I have a couple clauses, like:

Quote:

AWARE that A Mean Old Man authored Security Council Resolution 37 Condemn NAZI EUROPE,

ALSO AWARE that A Mean Old Man authored Repeal Security Council Resolution #3 Condemn NAZI EUROPE, thereby ending the NAZI EUROPE debacle,

NOTING that A Mean Old Man has publicly spoken out against the WA Lemming Effect,

HEREBY COMMENDS A Mean Old Man.

I think
NOTING that A Mean Old Man has publicly spoken out against the WA Lemming Effect. may violate Rule IV.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Don't have time to comment in depth yet, but I'm sure it's possible to refer to the lemming effect in Rule 4 compliant language if you describe what it actually is.

Just Guy
Member Avatar

Not Commendable simply because of TNEP.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Agreed - you're going to want to include a lot of the stuff from Uni's resolution.

I'd also say that talking about the WA lemming effect isn't really commendable. If AMOM had done something to combat it, maybe (ie reaching out to hundreds of nations to get them to read a resolution), but just complaining about it... :P
Edited by sedge, Dec 9 2010, 11:21 AM.

A mean old man
Member Avatar
Crazed Curmudgeon
Not going to get very involved here, but it may also be good to note that, while I have certainly grumbled loud and clear about the Lemming Effect, I have also taken advantage of it a few times in the past as much as I possibly could...

*cough!*TNEP...*cough!*

;)

Just Guy
Member Avatar

Hmm? I have no idea what you're talking about.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
Neither do I.

But certainly AMOM you've always been the first one to ask for reform in representational voting -- your problem was always with Alsted as opposed to 10ki, and there is a big difference between Alsted and 10ki... Alsted's region is completely stagnated politically. This theory applies to feeders as well which often are run and organized by a small elite usually with Dyr thrown in there.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
unibot
Dec 10 2010, 04:47 AM
Neither do I.
Really? I think AMOM was saying that TNEP (The Nazi Europe Project) was an example of him taking advantage of vote stacking.

Quote:

This theory applies to feeders as well which often are run and organized by a small elite usually with Dyr thrown in there.

Heh.

EDIT: You may also want to talk to JURISDICTIONS about his attempt to commend AMOM: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51611 In all honesty, I prefer that one to Uni's.
Edited by sedge, Dec 10 2010, 04:55 AM.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
The idea behind mine was to focus on one thing about AMOM instead of listing a bunch of things he's done in the Arts sphere. It's a personal preference.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
I'd love for this clause to be in it..
Quote:

HOPING a Mean Old Man will take this opportunity to put his feet up, eat a cookie and quietly lurk in his own commendation thread -- a well-deserved break for one of the most lively critics in debate threads,

But it is sadly illegal. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Drafting Floor of the Security Council · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Under Pressure created by sakuragi-kun of the Zetaboards Themezone