Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Commend Northern Chittowa
Topic Started: Oct 16 2010, 05:21 PM (486 Views)
sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Will be working on this soon, got a copy of his NS history, which he wrote on the GRA forums. I'm probably looking to write this one alone, unless I think of a GRAer/FRAer who could contribute meaningfully to it.

NC's history
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
OK, I think I'll divide the content of the resolution into 3 areas:
  • Defending - founder of the FRA, Arch Chancellor several times, helped to set it up, and has assisted in 'guiding' it since. Less involved in running/participating in missions, but his contribution as a leader is vital. Set up the Defender Awards, and ran them for the first two years. Also defended as part of the GRA.
  • Region builder - mainly in the GRA, where he's held several positions, is one of the founder, and root admin of the forums. As an ever-present, he has helped to ensure stability. Also worked within several other regions.
  • Lazarus delegate for around a year, when the region was the smallest feeder in the game, and far harder to keep active.

However, I think the focus should be on personality - he's one of the few defenders who is equally respected (and liked) by invaders as by defenders. Additionally, his relinquishing of the Lazarus delegacy - because his presence there as a defender made it a constant target for invaders by the end of his reign, shows his selflessness.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
Because of Rule IV, I also think it should be about personality. :P
Edited by unibot, Oct 17 2010, 09:27 PM.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
:D

Been a bit slack on this - I've had a busy week, but I've got 5 days off now. Once I've got Commend Ananke & Commend TSA in the queue, I'll concentrate on getting this written. I'm not sure I'll submit it straight away once its ready - I don't want to flood the WA with proposals authored by me - I'd rather the focus be on the nominee, not the author. I remember Todd had a similar problem at the start of the SC. If another worthwhile proposal appears, I'll try and help that get into the queue before this.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Busier than usual, hence the lack of progress. Might have to wait until Friday to start :( Same reason for the lack of progress with my section of the SC guide (rule-stuff).

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Got more info, will slowly work on a draft:

Quote:

Seneschal (second in command) – 2007-2008
Laz king – Feb 2008 – June 2008

FRA AC - June 10th, 2007 - January 10th 2008.
July 8th, 2009 - October 11th, 2009.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Quote:

The World Assembly,

*introductory clause which will be a bitch to write... maybe statement about WA's principles/what should be commended*

Noting that Northern Chittowa has been a key participant in Global Right Alliance, administrating their forums, and helping to keep the region stable and active,

Noting that Northern Chittowa was one of the founder nations of the Founderless Regions Alliance, and later served as Arch Chancellor of the alliance for 3 terms, comprising a total of 9 months,

Asserting that through these actions, Northern Chittowa has contributed significantly to the protection of founderless regions from the threat of invasion,

Recognising that Northern Chittowa was a leading member of Lazarus for a number of years, serving as delegate for five months in June 2008,

Impressed that Northern Chittowa put the interests of the region above prestige by stepping down as delegate upon realising that *his* presence as delegate was leading to the region being targeted be invaders,

*another clause or two explaining why NC warrants commendation*

Hereby Commends Northern Chittowa.

It's very much a work in progress still, so no need for comment at the moment. I've still got clauses to write, and will be thoroughly re-writing what I've already got, as it's not great - I just wanted to get something down, to encourage myself to put some proper effort into it.

Basic framework of the resolution is in place (GRA - FRA - Lazarus - conclusions), but may add a little more - other regions/foreign affairs/defender awards.
Edited by sedge, Dec 18 2010, 10:03 PM.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
It's good, hhmmm.. why is the "his" there? :P

Quote:

Impressed that upon realising Northern Chittowa's presence as delegate was leading to the region being targeted by invaders, the nominee put the interests of the region above prestige by stepping down as delegate,

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Yeah, that works. The 'his' was in asterisks, because I knew I had to replace it, but hadn't figured out what to replace it with.

[unibot]
Member Avatar
Yellow Matter Custard
sedge
Dec 19 2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, that works. The 'his' was in asterisks, because I knew I had to replace it, but hadn't figured out what to replace it with.
I know. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Drafting Floor of the Security Council · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Under Pressure created by sakuragi-kun of the Zetaboards Themezone