Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Commend Jedi-Gangsters
Topic Started: May 23 2010, 09:26 PM (482 Views)
Oh My Days
Member Avatar

I'm not posting this on the main forum yet, but when Rule 4 is gone, I'll post it, get information from Jedi-Gangsters' regions mates and former regions mates and update the number of Ranger points.

Quote:

Commend Jedi-Gangsters

NOTING Jedi-Gangsters’ long and illustrious career as a promoter of peace, justice and togetherness;

AWARE that Jedi-Gangsters has had several puppet states, including The Avenging Angels, which founded The Exodus and hosted many peace festivals, bringing the NationStates community together to celebrate peace;

PRAISING Jedi-Gangsters’ enterprising spirit, setting up the Axiom Guild, and hence the defender movement in Equinox, which gave birth to the Crusaders of Justice, a once prominent and active defender army, which defended and liberated countless regions;

ACKNOWLEDGING that Jedi-Gangsters’ influence in Equinox extended to becoming Chief Justice, a role which included running fair trials for nations accused of criminal acts, and having a key role in the creation of its Bill of Rights and legal system;

DELIGHTED by Jed-Gangsters’ vast contribution to the Founderless Regions Alliance, including the roles of Minister of Communications and Regional Recruitment Officer, keeping the FRA’s allies up-to-date, and scouting for potential FRA member regions;

RECOGNISING Jedi-Gangsters’ military work for the FRA as a Ranger, holding the rank of Major and racking up 91 FRA Ranger points, by taking part in countless defence missions and liberations, including operations in; The Rejected Realms, Lazarus, Rajahland, Anarchy and South America;

OBSERVING Jedi-Gangsters as the author of SC#11 Liberate Democratia, which helped to successfully defend Democratia from occupation by The Axis of Evil;

IMPRESSED by Jedi-Gangsters’ roles in Global Right Alliance as officer in the Global Right Alliance Defense Force and Deputy of External Intelligence, which protect GRA and prevent it from being overcome by potential invaders;

HEREBY Comends Jedi-Gangsters.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Honestly - having known him from the FRA and GRA for a long time now, Joshua is a good guy and an experienced defender - but I don't think he really deserves a commendation.

Oh My Days
Member Avatar

Right, is that because you think he is flawed in some way, or doesn't meet the level required? It's hard to argue because you know him a lot better, but he's clearly been a massive influence on the defender world and has done a lot. I think founding the defender movement in Equinox is particularly significant as well.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
I wouldn't say he's had a massive influence on the defender world. He's held a lot of middle-ranking positions, but never really been a leader. Yes, he did found Equinox's defender guild, which was influential for a while, but its not been active for ages now. He's good at spotting invasions - thats probably what stands out most for him. His impact in the GRA is fairly small, considering he's only been active in it for a couple of months, and the region has been around for 5 years. Liberate Democratia was also plagiarised from Liberate Belgium - so I wouldn't include it in any commendation.

A couple of other things about his history - he wrote a pretty terrible UN resolution about promoting hemp production. He also used to invade with DEN, and is known for having switches sides several times in the past.
Edited by sedge, May 25 2010, 04:12 PM.

Oh My Days
Member Avatar

I did wonder about the Liberation resolution, I can't remember if there was a real time pressure to get one submitted at the time.

I don't think that switching sides makes him any less commendable, I actually admire people who have the courage to do that, given the level of hatred between certain sections of each side.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
Though it does suggest that you don't genuinely support the views you've argued re defending/invading. Falconias is probably the best example - he switched sides for a number of reasons, one of which was that he felt raiders needed to be more active, and he felt he could help them achieve that. It only resulted in him being even more disliked by both sides (he was hardly popular beforehand). It might require courage, as its hard to establish yourself on the other side, but people will respect your opinions less, and deservedly so.

Oh My Days
Member Avatar

People move on, I don't think that people should be bound to the side they are recruited to on day 1. If a player works with one side for a while and then discovers that actually it's not for him/her, I don't see why s/he shouldn't move on.

Joshua
Member Avatar
The Lord of The Dance
sedge
May 25 2010, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't say he's had a massive influence on the defender world. He's held a lot of middle-ranking positions, but never really been a leader. Yes, he did found Equinox's defender guild, which was influential for a while, but its not been active for ages now. He's good at spotting invasions - thats probably what stands out most for him. His impact in the GRA is fairly small, considering he's only been active in it for a couple of months, and the region has been around for 5 years. Liberate Democratia was also plagiarised from Liberate Belgium - so I wouldn't include it in any commendation.

A couple of other things about his history - he wrote a pretty terrible UN resolution about promoting hemp production. He also used to invade with DEN, and is known for having switches sides several times in the past.
Sorry to dig, but were you seriously still bringing up my having switched sides? Talk about beating an dead horse.

sedge
Member Avatar
Sedgistan
I put it under the 'a couple of other things about his history' bit, as I thought it was something that anyone writing a proposal about you should be aware of - you can't be disputing that, surely? It always helps to know the history of the person you're commending, and that is part of your history. Clearly if OMD had gone ahead with this proposal that would've been brought up, and I felt he should be aware of it beforehand.

I wasn't saying I expect you to switch sides again - come on, you must know that by now.

Joshua
Member Avatar
The Lord of The Dance
I think I misunderstood the tone, but yes I agree that it should be included. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Drafting Floor of the Security Council · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Under Pressure created by sakuragi-kun of the Zetaboards Themezone