Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glameow; Help would be appreciated
Topic Started: Aug 25 2008, 04:52 PM (1,262 Views)
TPM
Member Avatar

Posted Image
GLAMEOW ANALYSIS

Code:

Stat Base Min- Min Max Max+
HP---49---N/A--21--24--N/A
Atk--55---10---12--16--17
Def--42----9---10--13--14
SpA--42----9---10--13--14
SpD--37----9---10--13--14
Spe--85---13---15--18--19

[SET]
Priority-Glameow
1. Fake-Out
2. Quick Attack/U-Turn
3. Sucker Punch
4. Hypnosis
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: Attack 236 / Speed 236

[SET COMMENTS]
Glameow is an interesting Pokemon. It is often considered in the shadow of Meowth and seeing as this is it's prime moveset, thats somewhat true. However Glameow does a few things Meowth can't. This moveset is by far its best option, and it doesn't have to be a lead, it works well as a revenge-killer. All you have to do is Fake-Out then Quick Attack. This beats the majority of non-defensive Pokemon and since it's speed ties most of the fastest Pokemon being out-prioritied can happen but it will usual be speed ties. Unlike on Meowth, hypnosis should be used more sparringly, generally saving it for counters and people it can't overcome, because if you sleep Pokemon X but are able to beat it then if Pokemon Y comes in and you can't beat then you're left wishing you didn't sleep pokemon X. U-Turn could be used over Quick Attack for its general use and for a bit more power.

[SET]
Choice Glameow
1. Return
2. Quick Attack
3. Sucker Punch
4. U-Turn
Item:Choice scarf/Choice band
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: Attack 236 / Speed 236

[SET COMMENT]
This is another set that is somewhat usable. On this set the main attack is Return, this leaves you problems with Ghosts so Sucker Punch is useful, not to mention its a priority move. Both Shadow Claw and Payback can be used if you just want to make sure those Ghosts get hurt and you don't want them setting up on you. Quick Attack is for STAB priority and U-Turn for scouting. Hypnosis could find its way onto this set but requires immediate switching. As with most Choice users there are 2 major options, Scarf and Band. This choice comes to preference, however if band is chosen then Jolly is required but with Scarf do what you want. Also, with band both Quick Attack and Sucker Punch are almost necessary, but on Scarf neither are as useful. Hypnosis could replace Quick Attack and Shadow could replace Sucker Punch.

[OTHER OPTIONS]
As far as offensive moves go it has very few other physical options. Bite could be used instead of Shadow Claw if you feal so inclined, but their isn't really any point (Faint Attack could be used for the same reason). If you wanted a "normal" choice set you could use Aerial Ace. It also has access to Assurance so if you want to use it, go ahaed. It does have access to the situational Snatch. It does have some team support option in setting up Rain dance but really, evrything that uses it can set it up for itself...

[EVs]
As with most Little Cuppers, its all about Speed and Attack. Past that just put some stuff in defenses, though it won't really do much.

[OPINION]
My opinion is that Glameow is a good Pokemon, but not a great Pokemon. It is much like Meowth, but it does a few different things. It lacks Technician, which would make it AMAZING, but it has many useful moves, such as Quick Attack and Sucker Punch. I could see this Pokemon getting more usage, but at the moment Meowth seems to be a better choice.

[COUNTERS]
Well, lets see, Bronzor, Gligar, Onix, Bronzor, Nosepass, Bronzor, Geodude, Bronzor, Bonsly, Bronzor, oh, and did I mention Brozor! Glameow can easily be countered by any defensive Pokemon but they'll usually end up sleeping. Alot of "bulkier" attackers can beat it out by surviving the Fake-Out+Quick Attack/Sucker Punch combo then hitting it back and KOing it.
Edited by TPM, Aug 31 2008, 03:06 PM.
Posted Image
credits to plus for this amazing banner
Quote:

KoA: I had a dream Revenankh was my brother he was the best brother ever but he couldnt bicycle for shit 
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tennisace
Member Avatar
old school like Aztecs but new in other aspects

Ok. First, you need a stat chart. Second, you need more than one set. Third, you need Other Options, Counters, Evs, and an opinion. Read some other analyses in the completed sub-forum before finishing this.
Posted Image

TPM
Member Avatar

I KNOW! This a work in progress, and I know what an analysis looks like, I already have one up.
Posted Image
credits to plus for this amazing banner
Quote:

KoA: I had a dream Revenankh was my brother he was the best brother ever but he couldnt bicycle for shit 

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

TehGlameow is not a good set name, try "Lead" or "Priority".
Focus Sash could work well over Life Orb.
U-Turn is a good option over Quick Attack.
Jolly is probably the best option, even with Priority attacks you will still want to hit that awesome 19 speed.

Seven Deadly Sins
Member Avatar
KD24 banned Tangela

Insane slashitis on the choice set. I'd make Quick Attack and Sucker Punch have the second slot as Priority, then Shadow Claw or Aerial Ace on the third and U-Turn in the fourth. The set would look like this:

- Return (Strong STAB)
- Quick Attack/Sucker Punch (Priority)
- Shadow Claw/Payback (Hitting Ghosts- SC has more power, Payback hits Rock-types)
- U-Turn (Scouting, going to a counter)
Kannon

SDS, Ice resists Water. Ground doesn't resist Rock.

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

Sucker Punch can also hit Ghosts, has more base power and is a priority move, how about:

Choice Band
- Return (Strong STAB)
- Quick Attack (Priority)
- Sucker Punch (Hitting Ghosts+Priority)

With Shadow Claw/Payback mentioned in Set Comments as possible replacements for Sucker Punch if you don't want to risk your opponents setting up on SP. And say that Hypnosis could go over ether of the last two moves.

Choice Scarf
- Return (Strong STAB)
- Hypnosis (A fast sleeper is always nice)
- Sucker Punch / Bite / Shadow Claw (to hit ghosts)

Also for all sets invest 32 evs in Defence, it gives you an extra point.

Seven Deadly Sins
Member Avatar
KD24 banned Tangela

The biggest problem with that is that the only ghosts in UU, Shuppet/Gastly/Drifloon/Misdreavus all have better things to do than attack. Drifloon will either Sub, Hypnosis, or CM. Gastly will usually Hypnosis. Shuppet will probably set up TR, or possibly WoW. Misdreavus will probably Sub, CM, or WoW. It's REALLY bad to depend on Sucker Punch to hit ghosts in LC, as they all tend to either set up or inflict status. You REALLY need the ability to hit ghosts on Glameow, or it just turns into a HEY GHOSTS, SET UP ON ME Pokemon.
Kannon

SDS, Ice resists Water. Ground doesn't resist Rock.

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

Not exactly SDS, Glameow can outspeed all of those ghosts (unless they are scarfed) and hit them with Hypnosis (Bar Shuppet, who you can ether U-Turn out of or Sucker Punch once TR is up) then U-Turn out.

However hitting the ghosts relyably is nice... Probably a mention of Shadow Claw/Bite as options over QA or SP in Set Comments would be good.
Edited by eric the espeon, Aug 27 2008, 10:27 AM.

bahohns
Member Avatar

There is an issue with the first sentence of the Opinion, where the author references themselve by saying "My opinion is that..." This is incorrect perspective for writing an analysis. I can't think of a great way to reword it at the moment, but you could try: "When all is said and done, Glameow is a good, but not great, Pokemon. [continue...]"

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

There is a Pt updated version of this analysis here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/topic/1198369/1/ this is obsolete.

bahohns
Member Avatar

Oops...thanks. I'll find my way around eventually, and stop posting in all the wrong places.

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

mm.. it could be confusing, may as well explain it:

Analysis Workshop
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/forum/538495/
Where we are writing DPPt analysis now (and updating/improveing older ones), help is very useful.

Completed Analyses (DPPt)
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/forum/463623/
The approved and updated analysis, suggestions are useful. Major changes (adding a set or similar) should be posted in Analysis Workshop as a peer edit.

Diamond/Pearl Analyses Archive
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/forum/283338/
Analysis that were approved before Platinum when our standards were a bit lower, we don't keep these up to date. Glaring problems (more than 510 EVs/stupid EV spreads/moves they don't have/ect) are useful to have pointed out. Minor changes kinda help, but are not really needed as those analysis are not used much any more.

Unfinished pre-Platinum Analysis archive:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/forum/281668/
Not approved analysis that were written before Platinum. These should not really be used by people, most have major problems. If you want to help fix them the best way is to claim them in the AW (top link) and repost the analysis with changes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Unfinished pre-Platinum Analysis archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply