Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tutor Signups - Old thread; Only good and active players please
Topic Started: Jul 18 2008, 10:58 AM (912 Views)
eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

This is not the thread you are looking for. Its locked for a reason. Also read the title.

I have decided to start our own version of the Tutor/Apprentice system that is used on Smogon to help people adjust to LC.

Unlike their one we will mostly take players who know OU quite well and help them change their play style to adapt to LC.

Shoddy Battle Names:
Time Zone:
Regular Online Hours (in EST):
References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach):
Why I would be a good LC tutor:

Please only apply if you will be active for the entire round and think that you are a good enough player to teach the next generation of LC players. If you do fit the requirements this is a great way to aid the community and spread the metagame, so please consider it.

Approved Tutors:
Bold = will to teach next round.
Italic = will not be teaching for the next round.

Seven Deadly Sins
Magmortified
Beefy
Fallacy
Chris
Dixie

If you are a tutor and you are marked wrong on the list post and I will fix it.

Tutor applications are OPEN
Edited by eric the espeon, Feb 3 2009, 08:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Seven Deadly Sins
Member Avatar
KD24 banned Tangela

Yarr, what up.

Shoddy Name: Seven Deadly Sins
Time Zone: On vacation, so Japan Time GMT+9.
Normal EST Hours: Approximately 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST, 8:00 PM onwards whenever possible.
References: Well, I guess I can't build up any cred until I get a chance to shine.
Why I would be a good LC tutor: I have an innate knowledge of all the currently used LC pokemon and sets, as well as plenty of knowledge as to how LC is different from standard OU in areas such as item choice, move selection, EV spreads, and the like. I think I could guide new players through the transition from OU to LC effectively.

Gimme a buzz.
Kannon

SDS, Ice resists Water. Ground doesn't resist Rock.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Elevator Music
Member Avatar
♫ I got that boom boom pow ♫
I may as well.

Shoddy Battle Names: You don't want to know all of them, stick with Fallacy and Elevator Music
Time Zone: EST ([GMT -5] I think)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): around 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM
References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach): Magmortified, uhh anyone that knows me?
Why I would be a good LC tutor: I can teach, and I know the metagame well. I know the obvious and not so obvious differences between LC and standard, so the transition for the people I tutor will hopefully be easy.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bragbortified
Member Avatar
Malevolent Abomination of Greed

Shoddy Battle Names: Magmortified on Doug's CAP Server, Unideal on SmogonU and Official
Time Zone: Central Time GMT -6

Regular Online Hours (in EST): Gah. I do not know Eastern Time. I think it's like an hour ahead of Central, though, so... like... 10 am to 1 pm or so, and usually from maybe 7 pm onwards. It tends to vary a lot, though, but you won't see me on before 10.

References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach): The Milkman, whom I was able to help build a working team for. Other than that, people I've pwned? =S

Why I would be a good LC tutor: I like to believe myself as a prominent LC player who has a lot of knowledge on how Little Cup ticks. Being one of the top ladderers for a period of time, I think that I also know a fair bit about OU and the contrast between it and LC to be able to tell new players, "This is what you need to forget about when you're playing LC." As a prominent player of LC set-up teams, I feel that I can also introduce new LC players to what is a large part of the LC metagame.

I am also the director for the first LC tournament on LCF, if it means anything. =P

Edited by Bragbortified, Jul 18 2008, 04:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chris
Member Avatar
Abrasive Dick

Shoddy Battle Names: Chris on Smogon, Chrisisme on Shoddy

Time Zone: Central (GMT -6), DST

Regular Online Hours (in EST): Highly varies, usually 3 PM to 12 PM

References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach):Mr. Happy, kamenrider, $uper$imon (on Smogon), most everybody here?

Why I would be a good LC tutor: Because I kick ass and take names. In all seriousness, it's because I memorize stuff really well, am a very active battler, and am good at teaching new things to people.
Posted Image
tennisace0227

Glad that's out of the way, how's the grammer?

Cooper

I cannot edit titles. I cannot do anything. Mod me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cooper
Member Avatar
Smiles are free

This could be kind of fun, I suppose.

Shoddy Battle Names: Cooper
Time Zone: Pacific (GMT-8)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 11 - 6 would be a good estimate
References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach): Poopazing, Beefy, Magmoritifed, eric the espeon (I think, I mean we've played a few times)
Why I would be a good LC tutor: Having only started recently playing Little Cup (later than everyone else, that is), I still remember what it's like to have to learn a new metagame fairly quickly, in an environment that already knows what it's doing. I feel I could pass my experience of how to start easily, as well as help newcomers get on their feet.
Seven Deadly Sins

Banded Gible 2HKOs pretty much everything with Outrage, and OHKOs most everything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

Right then, I am going to assume you all want one apprentice.

Opening Apprentice sign ups.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dixie
Member Avatar
Back. Will see in the next week or so how much I can contribute.

I want to become a tutor if possible since I thought I would not be here next week but I am :)

Shoddy Battle Names: SBC, Dixie Normas
Time Zone: BST (GMT+1 or something)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 6am - 5pm EST ( 11am till 10pm BST I think)
References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach): anyone I've played really, Mr Happy, Eric, Cooper, Fagmortified and a bunch of other people
Why I would be a good LC tutor: I take great pride in being one of the LC "veterans" as it were (pokemon stadium 2 bitches) and I would say I'm very knowledgeable about LC and am a good battler some would say. I think I have a lot of knowledge and experience of the metagame to pass onto the newer people and I would like to contribute to the upkeep in interest in LC.
Posted Image

Jonny Evans - Legend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

Ok Dixie, adding you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

I have reopened tutor applications to prepare for round 2, if you wish to tutor for the next round please say so here (even if you are signed up). Same for if you want to sign up as a tutor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beefy
Member Avatar
Troll on Dougs and be trolled
Shoddy Battle Names: Beef 2.0 or anything with Beef in it
Time Zone: Pacific (GMT-8)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 1pm to about 2 pm (morning for me), then about a couple times from 8pm to 1 am (est of course)
References (people who can vouch for your ability to play and teach): Mag, Tenta, SquitleBoy, Kannon, Cooper, almost everyone except for like Gouki
Why I would be a good LC tutor: I know quite a lot about the lc metagame though I sometimes forget it in battles. I can find wholes in other peoples teams and I think I'm an above average lc'er capable of teaching a youngin to thrive
Posted Image
Credit to P.bus for all my artsy stuff
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cooper
Member Avatar
Smiles are free

I'm withdrawing my name as a tutor for next round. I don't like it very much.
Seven Deadly Sins

Banded Gible 2HKOs pretty much everything with Outrage, and OHKOs most everything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dixie
Member Avatar

how long is the next round and when will it start. I will have to go on holiday
Posted Image

Jonny Evans - Legend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

eric the espeon
Member Avatar
vader was here

2 weeks, and it will start on the 5th.

And added Beefy
Edited by eric the espeon, Aug 3 2008, 05:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dixie
Member Avatar

yeah, I guess I will put my name forward again.
Posted Image

Jonny Evans - Legend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tutor/Apprentice Program · Next Topic »
Locked Topic