Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

We have moved! Please head to our new home at tch-forum.com

Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Which theme should I convert next?
Gracious Green 3 (27.3%)
Nature's Bounty 2 (18.2%)
Obsidian Metal 4 (36.4%)
Roses 1 (9.1%)
Vino Rosso 1 (9.1%)
Total Votes: 11
Which theme should I convert next?
Topic Started: Jun 8 2018, 05:15 PM (170 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
A very minor case of serious brain damage

So, as you probably know by now, we're preparing to migrate to MyBB in the near future. We've added most of the important stuff, and what still needs doing will hopefully be done this weekend (and early next week, if necessary). Then, it'll all need to be beta-tested, and then, I'll finally be able to make the new place public :D .

Unfortunately, not everything will be able to move across. For example, we haven't been able to convert all of the themes: not all of them belong to us, and even if they did, it'd take so long that it simply wouldn't be practical. At time of writing, we have six themes on the new board: three were converted by me; one is a new theme created by Nilla based on a theme we have here; one is a stock MyBB responsive theme; and one is just the default theme that comes with all MyBB boards :P . Here's the full list:

• MyBB default theme (White/blue/black);
  • BootBB (Responsive theme; White/blue);
  • Revitalized Mahogany (Brown/beige);
  • Dark Energy (Blue);
  • ImF Re-Energized (Blue/Beige);
  • Not Really Cocoa (Brown).

I'll admit it's not a great selection. Only six themes; only one of them is responsive (though it does perform way better than ZB responsive themes); and they all use roughly the same colours of blue/brown/beige/white. This aspect of the move will be a pretty big setback, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise :( .

However, the beta-testing will take a while, and during that time, I should have a chance to convert at least one more of our existing themes. I recently learned that the creator of BootBB has very kindly allowed people to use his theme as a base for new themes, as long as they keep his name in the copyright. So that's what I intend to do for my next theme conversion, so that we'll have at least two responsive themes (though it would have been nice if I'd known this earlier, so I could have made everything responsive out of the box!)

Here's a list of themes that I won't be considering for my next conversion. I've provided reasons for each theme, although, it's usually either because we don't own it or because it uses the same colours as the ones I've already converted:

• Checkmate 3 (Similar colours to TCH Default theme; Only on here for historical reasons);
  • Coffee House Classic (Similar colours to TCH Default theme; Only on here for historical reasons);
  • Equestria (Not one of our themes);
  • Game Night (Not one of our themes);
  • Gridlock (Do we really need five out of seven themes to feature blue as a major colour?);
  • Lavender (Nilla was going to replace this soon anyway);
  • Lucky Blue (Again, we have plenty of blue on the new board already);
  • Meme Theme (Low-quality; only meant as a joke. Let's convert the proper themes first);
  • Red Dawn (Not one of our themes);
  • Sea Raiders (Not one of our themes);
  • Vox (Not one of our themes);
  • Animal Crossing Summer (Not one of our themes);
  • Jedi Knight TFA (Not one of our themes).

So, that leaves the following as choices for our next conversion:

• Gracious Green (Light green);
  • Nature's Bounty (Light green/white);
  • Obsidian Metal (Black/gold);
  • Roses (Pink/white);
  • Vino Rosso (Red/Beige/White).

Whichever option gets the most votes by Monday will be the next theme that I convert to MyBB. Vote for as many options as you want here: I'm using Approval Voting for this poll, so if you're okay with any option, then go ahead and vote for all of them :) !

So, get voting :D !
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crooked Crow
Member Avatar
overconfidence leads to irony
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nooooo I use Game Night! I don't like the others. :(

:tch-crooked-crow:

*voted* obsidian metal isn't bad actually
Edited by Crooked Crow, Jun 8 2018, 05:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
NASCAR Fanatic

The two main ones I used were Sea Raiders and Obsidian Metal so definitely gotta pick Obsidian though I did throw in two others that seem ok.
Offline Profile Goto Top

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

I use the Game Night theme too.. But if I have to toss it under the buss for one, I choose to go with Gracious Green. The others are alright impo. ^^; The Obsidian Metal theme is neat, but I can't deal with dark themes very well. :/
Edited by queenzelda, Jun 8 2018, 09:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar

Perhaps I'll have to make my own theme based on Game Night at some point, like Nilla already did for Cocoa :P .
Offline Profile Goto Top

GrieferLord
Member Avatar
Tank Sniper

i hope vox (orange/black) will reappear on the new forums as i only use that theme ;P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crooked Crow
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I could warm up to Obsidian Metal, definitely. But Game Night is...so aesthetic, that's all. Works better for my dark coloured postbit, too. That little crow.

If I didn't have the option to choose Obsidian Metal, I would be irritated. But it's not -that- big of a deal, though. Still, must be frustrating.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Just as Planned

I'm not going to vote, simply because I always use Cocoa. :P

By the way, I am honestly so grateful to Nilla for basically converting it just for me!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crooked Crow
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Using OM now to warm myself up. It's better than I gave it credit for, but yeah. Details details.

Quote:

By the way, I am honestly so grateful to Nilla for basically converting it just for me!

That was nice of her.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Pyrite
Jun 8 2018, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to vote, simply because I always use Cocoa. :P

You're welcome! I figured it wouldn't be fair if we forced you to use any other theme than what you are used to on the new board. :P We'll have to name it something else though so people don't come after me for "stealing" their theme. I'll probably run a theme naming contest once we're all settled over on MyBB, or you can think of one yourself. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Just as Planned

I'll let you know if I think of something. Otherwise, feel free to start a contest when we get things up and running! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

I'm definitely going to convert Lavender, whether people vote for it or not. I had just re-made it before this Tapatalk stuff got announced, so it's coming with us whether you people like it or not. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crooked Crow
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nilvafefe
Jun 9 2018, 10:11 PM
I'm definitely going to convert Lavender, whether people vote for it or not. I had just re-made it before this Tapatalk stuff got announced, so it's coming with us whether you people like it or not. ;)
Would a black and white theme similar to Game Night be possible?

Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar

Given the popularity of Game Night, I'm sure it's going to happen at some point :) .

I expect any Game Night replacement will be quite different (after all, the original Game Night was designed at a time when viewing a forum on a mobile wasn't even a consideration in anybody's mind, and adapting it to the ZB responsive themes code was a real pain), but I'll see what I can do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
NASCAR Fanatic

Nilvafefe
Jun 9 2018, 10:11 PM
The more themes the better, I always say.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar

Gosh, I forgot to close this :lol: !

With 4 votes, the winner is Obsidian Metal, so that theme will be converted to MyBB next. Just one vote behind is Gracious Green, so that will be converted afterwards, once the new board is fully up and running.

Thanks for voting, everyone :) !
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Feedback and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Poll Only

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies