Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Avengers: Infinity War
Topic Started: Mar 18 2018, 11:47 PM (106 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/17127122/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-marvel-thanos-superheroes-disney-iron-man

We’re just a few weeks away from the release of Avengers: Infinity War — its release date was recently bumped up a week to April 27th — and now, Marvel has released new trailer to stir up some more excitement for the upcoming superhero showdown.

Infinity War promises to be one of the biggest films Marvel has ever made, combining almost every single superhero from across the 18-film franchise that began 10 years ago with the release of Iron Man in 2008. As the star-studded trailer shows, Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man, Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, Chris Evans’ Captain America, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man, the rest of the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and pretty much every other ancillary character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe are back.

All these highly paid actors will be joining forces against the villainous Thanos (Josh Brolin), the big bad that Marvel has been teasing in post-credit stingers since the first Avengers film was released six years ago. Thanos is trying to gather the six Infinity Stones, the MacGuffin items of power from across the various Marvel films. And judging by the trailer, it’ll be an uphill battle to stop him.

I don't know yet whether I'll be seeing this - it depends what the reviews are like, and whether my friends want to see it - but, this looks like exciting stuff :D !

Can anyone glean any clues as to what will happen from the trailer?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

roseberri
Member Avatar
Island Owner

we just bought tickets. I cannot wait to see this. This is going to be huge. I'm a huge Loki fan and just watched Ragnarok last week. We rented it. OMG I loved it and can;t wait to get the movie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The release date for us is scheduled for May, so for us, we've still a over a month to wait! But I can't wait to see it in theaters! My bff and I will be catching this together! Love Marvel and all their super-heroes and super-villains!
Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Well, I hope you both enjoy it :D !

Apparently, we get it a day early, for some reason - on 26th April. I won't be watching it on release day, though: I'll be waiting until May, when the crowds should have died down.

(That's if I watch it at all!)

JHG
Member Avatar

I'm excited but I'm a little worried. Marvel may have bit off more than it can chew.

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Yeah, I do wonder about that.

I also wonder whether they should just give the franchise a rest after the Infinity War movies (and the two after them that have already been announced). After all, if Infinity War lives up to the hype, how are they going to be able to top it?!

JHG
Member Avatar

CJ
Mar 28 2018, 10:39 PM
After all, if Infinity War lives up to the hype, how are they going to be able to top it?!
No problem: drag out X-Men's Rogue.

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

The early reviews are in - and, apparently, the movie is "bedazzlingly fun":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43891749

However, it has been suggested that having all these superheroes in one movie does make each one feel less special - and, one critic went on to label the conclusion "ultimately rather depressing".

JHG
Member Avatar

I’m guessing everyone but the acorns die.

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Or maybe the plot twist is that there is no ending - and the title "Infinity War" refers to the fact that it goes on forever and ever :lol:

roseberri
Member Avatar
Island Owner

The movie was awesome and very emotional. Enjoy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JHG
Member Avatar

I still doubt it'll beat Whisper of the Heart, much less Castle in the Sky.

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Well, I saw it today - and, while I did enjoy it, I have a hard time understanding all the hype :-/ .

Was it just because we got to see all our favourite MCU characters together in one movie? I suppose that's fair - but, to me, the cast just felt crowded TBH. Personally, I preferred Black Panther, and I think one of the reasons for that was because it was a more focused experience: we got to see a lot of him and his friends/enemies, and so, by the end, I'd formed a pretty strong connection with those characters. Infinity War really didn't have that focus - which, for me, made it hard to feel invested in what was going on :( .

Or was it the ending? I suppose I can't really talk about this without going into spoilers - so, here goes:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Or maybe it's just that all the people singing its praises led me to go into the cinema with unrealistically high expectations, so it was inevitable that I was going to be disappointed? Or perhaps it's because we've been overexposed to superhero movies lately, and I'm just getting bored of them?

Now, if you thought the movie was terrific, and you had a blast with it, I'm glad for you :D . But, I'm afraid I feel like I'm missing something :( .

JHG
Member Avatar

I’m guessing I’ll prefer the kitty over this one too. WAKANDA FOREVER!

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Well, there is a fair amount of Wakanda in this movie. It's not the focus of the movie, like it was in Black Panther - but, some important scenes do take place there.

(With that said, I'm guessing you're right about preferring the kitty :P )

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies