Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

This board is closed and will be kept as an archive. Please head to our new home at tch-forum.com

(Existing members: Please check your PMs for your password on the new board. If you do not have a PM, then please send one to me)

Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Broken Promise
Topic Started: Mar 1 2018, 12:24 AM (243 Views)
Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

A Broken Promise
Plot:
The wolves of Crescent Moon pack know that there is a promise that must never be broken. A vow a wolf takes when they are born. That promise is to never go near humans or their camps. Every wolf in the forests have been taught of the dangers of man; the way they hunt with no mercy for the souls of their prey, their tall sticks with fire, the wars that they cause and the destruction that is spread from their territory to the wilderness. For centuries this rule has been followed without hesitation. Albeit there is constant obeisance to this rule, superstition can still float through the air. A fable of a cursed wolf who is born and cannot help itself. A wolf born with a tiny marking of an arrow on their chest. Why did this become a fable? Had it happened thousands of years ago? Will another one of these wolves surface who will eventually bring wolf and man together?

Characters

Fenris The alpha male of Crescent Moon pack. He is a beautiful black wolf with shining green eyes. A strong build and will, he is your first choice to have as your leader. Everyone feels safe around him. TAKEN

Accalia Fenris' mate and the she-wolf of the pack. She is a down-to-earth mother and mate, and cares deeply for the safety of her pack. She will fight when it is needed but prefers talking things out over violence.

Tinvaak The Gamma of the pack, which means the most wise. He knows all the old stories of wolf and man and enjoys entertaining cubs this way. He is strong willed and stubborn. A good fighter. Tinvaak is also Accalia's brother. TAKEN

Bran The omega. He is weak and was the runt of his pack. He is called milk-drinker by others teasingly. TAKEN

Kaar A beta and Fenris' brother. He defends the rest of the wolves if Fenris and Accalia are out hunting. TAKEN

Roles

You obviously don't have to be any of the above characters. You can make your own if you wish. Post their character profile if they have one. There will eventually be a human who will befriend the so called fictitious wolf. If anyone else wants to create them they can, otherwise I will pull them out of my butt when the time comes xD

Nilla:
Fenris & Tinvaak

CJ:
Wisper

queenzelda:
Jade

Megan:
Bran

Yami Yugi:
Kaar
Tenebe

I'll make an opening post once I get more people to join :)
Edited by Nilvafefe, Mar 9 2018, 08:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
A very minor case of serious brain damage

Here's my profile:

Name: Wisper
Race: Arctic Wolf
Appearance: Has very fluffy, puffed-up white fur, and a short yet perfectly straight tail. However, he is rather overweight for a wolf: he's certainly not the most athletic of creatures!
Personality: Is very kind and trusting. He's very easy to lead too: he has a strong attraction to chewy dog bones and other treats. He'll eat pretty much anything, though - just as long as he doesn't have to hunt for it himself.
History: Lived with a wealthy family called the Parkervilles for most of his life. He was very spoiled and pampered: he lived a largely sedentary life sitting on his velvet-lined blanket, being cuddled by the wife and children, and happily consuming the copious quantities of food which they fed him. Sadly, they all lost their lives in an armed robbery by a notorious gang - and, while Wisper escaped, he's been forced to fend for himself ever since.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

I know you have a wolf thing going on here, but can I enter as a mountain lion? If not it's fine, just thought I'd ask.

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Sure you can :) As long as you can make them fit within the story line. :)

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

Yep, I can do that. ;)

Name: Jade
Race: Cougar
Appearance:
Posted Image

Personality: Makes friends easily: if you get on her 'good side' that is. She enjoys the hunt & loves to find new places to hide & pounce from. She's usually very easy going.

History: Jade has been in the wild since she was little. Her parents raised her with in the wilds & never allowed her near humans or their camp.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

I'd like to play as Bran if that's okay.

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Megan and Queen's roles have been added :)

Yami Yugi
Member Avatar
Playstation King Yami
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll play the role of Kaar, & a black panther just so I can bug Queen. :P

Posted Image
Name: Tenebe
Race: black panther
Personality: Enjoys stalking his prey & likes to play with it before eating it. Is a very easy going guy, but you better watch out if you get him angry cause he tends to snap his jaws & swipes his paw at you.
History: Tenebe used to be a part of a local zoo, before he was able to make his escape when the zoo was moving him into a new exhibit. He's been hiding out in the wilds ever since, surviving as best as he can.

Han
Member Avatar
Rank 3
[ *  *  * ]
I'd like to play the role of: Tinvaak :)

CJ
Member Avatar

Tinvaak is already taken :P .

Accalia and Kaar are still free, though :) .

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Roles have been updated. The only built in character left is Accalia unless you want to add your own OC. I will wait until Sunday for anyone else to join and then we will get this started. :)

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Okay, since nobody else is interested in joining I am just going to start this now.

The river was glimmering in the wonderful spring sun. All the birds were singing happily in their trees and every leaf and blade of grass was a wonderful green. Spring is such a welcome change, especially after this long and hard winter, Fenris thought to himself. He and his mate Accalia were crossing the Great river to their birthing den. He had been born there many moons ago, as was his father's generation before him. Fenris was scoping out a safe place to cross the river. His mate was plump with their pups and he didn't want her to take a hard tumble because she wouldn't be able to get back up as easily. Bran, Kaar, Wisper and Tinvaak, the other four wolves in their pack were following close behind making sure that the Alpha and his mate were safe. Reaching out one paw and testing the dead log that was stuck across the river, Fenris decided that it was safe enough for his pack to cross. Striding carefully along the dead log, the rest of the pack sauntered behind him.

Accalia groaned. Her pups were causing a ruckus in her belly and making it hard for her to travel in comfort. She couldn't wait until she reached the birthing den, for she was already two times her normal size because of being so pregnant. She estimated she had at least four pups stirring inside her. She had been busy the majority of the journey thinking about names for her children. She liked the names Athene and Skye for the females and Azzune and Nova for the males. The only thing her and Fenris fought about these days were pup names. What a silly thing to bicker about. Perhaps she would name the males and Fenris could name the females whatever he wanted.

Suddenly, Accalia tripped and awoke from her thoughts.She had missed a step on the log and had almost tumbled into the water if it weren't for Tinvaak saving her in the nick of time. She would have floated down the river like a bloated fish if not for him! Embarrassed, she sheepishly licked his furry cheek in thanks.

Tinvaak was excited for the future pups. It would only be a matter of hours or perhaps one moon before Accalia would bare her next generation. He couldn't wait to tell them stories and teach them the legends of their kind. He had collected many stories from many moons before. The first one he wanted to tell was the one about the Man Wolf. The wolf who is said to be born on a full moon and who will bring wolf and man together. That was Tinvaak's least favorite but he had to make sure the pups knew of it. Making sure that Accalia was safe and not to fall again, he recalled the story in his head that his father had once told him.

"Man and wolf never knew about each other's existence until one wolf was born for that exact purpose. The Wolf gods thought that Man needed a companion to tame and hunt with. But there was a problem, you see. The wolf is much too wild. Wilderness and the need to be free runs through its veins, even when it is in its mother's womb. In order for man and Wolf to be together peacefully, the Gods decided that they needed to create a wolf who had the desire to be with humans, instead of being free with its own kind. They had thought that this would work perfectly. This wolf would then produce more wolves and soon there would be no wild left. As you can tell, this was a terrible idea, Tinvaak. For the wolf is meant to run free. Man and Wolf aren't meant to be running together. We are predators and hunt one another. But alas, the Gods created this wolf. They marked the wolf's coat with one of Man's pointy hunting sticks so they could tell the difference from the normal wolf and keep track of him."

"What happened, Father? Did he bring the wild wolf and man together?", Tinvaak had asked his father.

Suddenly, Tinvaak saw a horrible look on his father's face. A look of pure despair.

"No, Tinvaak. It did not work. It worked for a little while, though. Then something went wrong. After spending so much time with man, the wolf somehow went mad. One sun he was out hunting but could not catch anything. His strength and stamina had somehow disappeared. He had to beg off of the humans. He soon lost his confidence and with that, his fur started to fall out. The humans he hunted with had to wrap him in one of their homemade fur pelts because he could not keep himself warm anymore. He soon became completely dependent on Man. He died, Tinvaak. You will lose the wolf in you if you ever go near Man. But that was not the worse that happened. The wolf could have picked up the hate from the heart of the Man. He could have started killing his own kind. You see, this is a lesson for you young pups. The wolf isn't meant to enjoy the luxuries of the humans. We have to survive, Tinvaak. That is what we are meant to do. You must never go near Man."

Tinvaak shook his coat. Those last words his father had told him chilled him to the bone. "You must never go near Man." Tinvaak hoped with a heavy heart that he would be able to tell this to the future pups and make sure that they stayed as far away as possible from Man and the dangers he brought with him.
Edited by Nilvafefe, Mar 13 2018, 06:36 PM.

CJ
Member Avatar

Wisper, on the other hand, had very different ideas indeed. "I'm so lost....I need to find a man....any man....they'll help me...." He then quivered and trembled briefly, as he recalled that calamitous night on which the family so dear to him had been taken from him. Two burly men in black balaclavas had forced their way into the home, and - with a quick succession of blinding flashes and deafening gunshots - his lifelong companions were taken from him for all eternity.

Once he'd stopped crying his eyes out - as he'd done every day since losing his home - Wisper reflected on what this meant, and what lessons could be learned from it. Perhaps not all men were good - but, wasn't that why they were hiding in the shadows from him? "As long as a man is willing to show me his face," Wisper reasoned, "he can do me no harm."

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

Meanwhile in her cave that she found long ago when she was a teenager, Jade came out of her cavern to sniff the air. "Hmmm, crisp smelling air. It's going to snow soon." She mused. Yawning she decided to head deeper into the forest to try to wrestle up something to eat for a late breakfast or lunch, which ever she could find would be fine. It'd been since last night that she ate & had scarfed everything up, it was probably a bit greedy on her part but she did eat a very small hare.

Yami Yugi
Member Avatar
Playstation King Yami
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kaar
Following behind all of the pack at the end of the line making sure every one got across the river safely, he didn't see what happened to the front of the line with Fenris saving his mate from almost falling into the drink. "We'll need to get across before it starts to snow, there's a crispness in the air I can smell." Once across Kaar made sure that every one on his end made it across safely.

Tenebe
Ugh... He woke up who knew when as he'd run so far away from the zoo & it's human keepers that he could go & found himself waking up in the middle of some brush deep inside the wilds. Getting up he blinks taking in everything & began to head deeper in.. Once he got very deep into the wilds, he saw the most beautiful golden cat he'd ever seen. Purring he heads towards where he saw her heading & ran to catch up to her. "Rawr!" He called out to her & turning he bows his head; "Pardon." He began slyly; "I am Tenebe. Who are you?"

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

Jade just looked over to the male black panther with disdain. "Jade's the name." She says getting down into some brush, "Shh.. I hear something up ahead. You might want to get down." She warns him, when a GIANT black bear is seen coming through the area in the distance. "I don't think you want to mess with that black bear, I know I'm not in the mood to."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Bran who as usual was a bit further behind from the rest of the pack. He had gotten distracted by a pretty butterfly and had to run to catch up which resulted in ramming into one of his fellow wolves.

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Fenris padded along quickly after crossing the river. The old birthing den wasn't far along now. Even though it had been many years since he had last been there with his own family as a pup, he still remembered it clearly. It was a cave that was safely tucked away from the sight an predators in a nest of vines between two trees. Two large boulders would mark the entrance. All he needed to do was get through the next thick part of the woods and he would be there. Looking back on his pack, he saw that everyone was following his pace perfectly except Bran. The stupid mongrel was chasing a butterfly.

"Bran!, he yelled. Stop that. You're wasting precious time. Accalia will be giving birth any sun or moon now. We need to get a move on. Stay with the pack or I will throw you into the river myself!"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Bran whimpered his ears drooping. “S...sorry...it’s not my fault it was so pretty...” he said with a sigh, and another whimper.

CJ
Member Avatar

Wisper sighed heavily, before realising that there was no point in waiting around. He had to go to the humans: there was no way they would come to him, especially in this isolated and secluded area. In the absence of any landmarks which he could use as a reference, all he could do was to continue his seemingly-endless trek across the vast, open fields.

The grass and the bushes looked so lush and radiant in the midday sun. However, this did little to lift poor Wisper's spirits: what he really wanted to see was a city, or a road, or, at least, some faint shred of human civilisation.

Pretty soon, he spotted the glint of a shimmering stream to his left, calmly flowing in the direction he'd just come from. He desperately wanted to stay here and disturb the cool, chilled waters from their orderly winding course by frolicking and splashing around in the centre of the river. However, he knew it was urgent that he find help now: there would be plenty of time for playing later.

Somewhat reluctantly, he began to stroll along the bank of the stream, seeing where it would take him.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen

After forging for some berries the bear moved on & didn't seem to pay her or Tenebie any mind. Jade came up out of the brush shrugging off her moment of luck, as the last time a bear that big came into her neck of the woods, it had fought with her. She had won, but only barely she recalled. So when spring came around she always took the caution of hiding from big bears just encase. Stretching out her long claws, & yawning she walked over to where Tenebie stood seeing something coming down the riverbank.. She couldn't make out what it was from where she was since what ever it was, was so far away from her location. Nodding to the creature she asks Tenebie; "Hey, is that some one you know?"

Yami Yugi
Member Avatar
Playstation King Yami
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tenebe looked over & couldn't make out the creature coming to shake his head. "Not from here. Let's head closer in & see." Following with Jade deeper in, following the river the two of them eventually came into sight of the wolf. "Hey, I know him. He belonged to the owner of the zoo I lived in. He & I used to play when I was little. (XD) Hey, Whisper!!" He shouts running over to his old friend to pounce him & licks his face; "Man am I glad to see you!" He smiled. Seeing Jade come over he smiles to say; "This is my new friend Jade. What are you doing all the way out here in the wilds??"

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Fenris grumbled and rolled his eyes at Bran. He needn't waste time with this weakling. He needed to get his mate to safety.

A few hours had passed of wandering with his pack in the woods until Fenris finally saw what he had been waiting to see all this time. The birthing den was just a few miles away. Fenris stopped on a small hill, closed his eyes and sniffed the air. The sweet scents of home and love went through is nose and right through his heart and soul. He had been away from this place for far too long. He had promised himself he'd come back and just reminisce about old times but he had become far too busy with finding a mate and forming his own pack. Before he started to continue toward the den, he heard a struggling yelp.

"Fenris!", It was Accalia and she was down on the ground laying on her side. There was a look of distress in her eyes. Fenris quickly ran past everyone to get to Accalia who had fallen behind, most likely due to the size of her belly. Fenris nuzzled his mate lovingly, the concern from his eyes almost palpable.

"What is it, sweet? Are you okay?"

"No. I cannot go any longer. The signs have started, Fenris. I have to give birth. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but I guess these pups are eager to come out into the world already." Accalia smiled softly at her mate and then let out a howl full of pain. Fenris panicked. What was he supposed to do? A desperate situation came with desperate actions. Fenris quickly grabbed the nape of his mate's neck and started dragging her over the forest litter and brush towards the birthing den. Thankfully it was only a few miles away, so if his pack helped him carry Accalia they would make it in time before the pups arrived.

"Tinvaak! Bran! Kaar! Help me! Accalia's pups are coming already and she cannot travel anymore. We must carry her the rest of the way!"

CJ
Member Avatar

Wisper was completely stunned. He thought he must have crashed down a cliff or something - because his life was flashing before his eyes, starting with a vision of his dear childhood friend, Tenebe...

Except, as he gazed around and got his bearings back, he realised that, no, this wasn't a vision: this was really happening.

"My goodness, Tenebe :O !" he gasped feebly. "I thought I'd never see you again! I've been wandering for hours, you see....need help....all alone...."

Poor Wisper began to tear up as he recalled the ordeal that he had just endured. "Used to live in a big fancy house, with a loving family who cared for me....b-but, all gone now :( ," he cried, without elaborating. "Need to find people who can help me :( ..."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Bran lifted his head having been sniffing at a flower. He bonded over. "She could,always have them here..." he suggested. "I mean....it's real pretty..."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies