Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spreading some Valentine's Day love
Topic Started: Feb 9 2018, 12:43 AM (183 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

February has arrived, and Valentine's Day is approaching! Whether or not you have a special someone in your life, we thought it was time to spread some love - in the form of a new seasonal theme :P .

This is a theme that myself and Nilla have put together. Normally, this is where I'd say "but Nilla did 90% of the work" - although, that's not really true in this case: she did closer to 99% of the work on this one :P . The theme itself consists of quite a few elements of previous themes: it's based largely on the Easter theme (with red replacing green), and the font comes from Obsidian Metal. It also presented an opportunity for us to improve our CSS skills: the hearts in the page background are an imageless CSS effect, for example.

Of course, if pink love hearts aren't your thing, then all of the usual themes remain on the theme chooser. But, otherwise, enjoy :) !
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nilla
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

The buttons are also CSS effects as well, so this theme is mostly image-free aside from a few things such as the topic buttons (add reply, new topic, etc) and the forum markers you see on the main page. :) I hope all of you like it!

CJ you give me too much credit, you are always there to help fix my horrible mistakes so without you helping with that none of these themes would look as amazing as they do <3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrieferLord
Member Avatar
Tank Sniper

well...that was very pink lol, my poor eyes were not ready for that blasting light. Good thing VOX is there to save them XD

still good job as always nilla.
Edited by GrieferLord, Feb 9 2018, 08:54 AM.

Nilla
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

GrieferLord
Feb 9 2018, 08:54 AM
well...that was very pink lol, my poor eyes were not ready for that blasting light. Good thing VOX is there to save them XD

still good job as always nilla.
No! You must look into the light! :evilgrin:

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

You know, I'm starting to think a dark version of this theme might have looked quite nice. But, I guess we can just do that next year :P .

Nilla
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Well aren't you people depressing. Nobody seems to like bright and happy themes. :P

GrieferLord
Member Avatar
Tank Sniper

Nilla
Feb 9 2018, 06:59 PM
Well aren't you people depressing. Nobody seems to like bright and happy themes. :P
I dont mind them but when it's late at night and i go to lurk on the forums and a new theme pops up to blind me my eyes dislike the burning :P

Nilla
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

GrieferLord
Feb 9 2018, 09:09 PM
Nilla
I dont mind them but when it's late at night and i go to lurk on the forums and a new theme pops up to blind me my eyes dislike the burning :P
Do you require a warning next time? :hehe:

roseberri
Member Avatar
Island Owner

Nilla
Feb 9 2018, 11:57 PM
GrieferLord
Nilla
Hey I love bright cheerful colors. :woot:

GrieferLord
Member Avatar
Tank Sniper

Nilla
Feb 9 2018, 11:57 PM
GrieferLord
Nilla
No, a warning will not help :P

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Resident Snark

It looks really nice, but I'll never leave Cocoa. :P

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Ooo, love it!

gibby
Member Avatar
Rank 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
love the new theme!

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Thanks for the kind words, everyone :) !

BTW, since I made a pink base for the Cheshire emoticons a couple of days ago, I've decided to put that onto this theme. IMO, it fits better than the red one which was there previously!

JHG
Member Avatar

Very thematically appropriate! Only the post listings are a bit hard to read when searching.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Thanks for pointing that out! We must have overlooked it :P .

I've fixed it now :) .

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Now that Valentine's Day has come and gone, I've switched the default theme back to the usual TCH theme. However, I've left the Valentine's Day theme on the selector for now, in case anyone still wants to use it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements and Board Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies